Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman nearly kicked off flight because of inappropriate clothing

She claims she was wearing a crop top but it’s totally a bra. The airline was correct in asking her to cover up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2019 1:12 AM

It’s a disgrace.

Was she at least accompanied by her husband, a beau, or a male family member? I suspect not.

She’s probably the type who goes to public bars alone and smokes on the street.

Slattern.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2019 9:36 PM

I hate women that think being naked is “progress” and “empowering”. It’s really not.

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2019 9:38 PM

She’s OWNING her sexuality.

Deal with it, haters.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2019 9:46 PM

It's simple. The plane is not your home. Dress appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2019 9:50 PM

What an ugly outfit. And it manages to be both immodest and prude.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2019 9:53 PM

Quite small tits.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2019 9:54 PM

WHORE!!

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2019 9:55 PM

I don't think it's a big deal. At least she's fit.

Planes are cold. Surely she would have put a sweater on at some point.

Anyway, I'd rather sit next to her than someone who takes the shoes off and has smelly feet.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2019 9:56 PM

Were the flight attendants Muslim or evangelicals?

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2019 9:57 PM

How can anyone be comfortable in that? It's always freezing cold when I ride planes.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2019 9:59 PM

It's a top; but 21 year olds are just naive and stupid about how they look.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2019 10:00 PM

I'm a college teacher, and I have a troubled female student who twice wore a bra as a top to class--once a red lace-trimmed one, and the next time a purple lace-trimmed one.

There was no way I could call her on it without calling down the rather of the campus social justice warriors down upon me; and that kind of trouble just wasn't worth it to me, so I didn't say anything either time, and she never did it again. But it was very bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2019 10:02 PM

I assume "rather" should be "wrath".

Just another young person being provocative in a tiresome way.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2019 10:04 PM

And yet this guy wasn't kicked off his flight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2019 10:05 PM

Honey, you look desperate. Have some self respect.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2019 10:08 PM

STOP RAPING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2019 10:09 PM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2019 10:09 PM

You people are clutching your pearls rather tightly.

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2019 10:12 PM

Well if I were a het man sitting next to that it would have made me feel very uncomfortable. But being that I'm gay she could be topless and it wouldn't mean a thing.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2019 10:19 PM

Do women get a sexual thrill while being such slutty exhibitionists, like some men do when they deliberately show a cock bulge?

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2019 10:21 PM

R12There are a subset of young women who seem to have issues dressing appropriately for work or school. If workplaces and schools dare bring it up, these women will run to the media with their favorite straw man accusation "I've been slut shamed! ". The howls of "slut shaming " have become ridiculous. Every "woke "upper middle class millennial woman acts as if it's 1890 and they are Tess of the D'ubervilles, and a single suggestion of impurity will lead them to ruin. In reality it has nothing to do with sluttiness, just professionalism.

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2019 10:22 PM

It’s I’ll fitting. She’s flat chested and it’s both too loose and too tight with under arm fat sticking out the side. I’m not sure she’d turn anyone on sexually, what’s too see except bones and underarm fat. She just looks ridiculous, like a kid wearing moms night clothes and it’s incredibly unflattering for her body type. The Thomas Cook plane out the window makes me think she’s a chav and her boyfriend likely wears a white shiny tracksuit and gold chain.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2019 10:32 PM

Well, it’s not attractive or practical, but really, what is the concern? That male admirers won’t be able to contain themselves? How is she harming anyone?

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2019 10:42 PM

She's not harming anyone. But if a man were not to wear a shirt would that be ok? Who is he harming? I know then we get into the whole subject of a double standard and who wants to get into that but it's the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2019 10:49 PM

R23 The comments on the article have a mix of people saying would she wear that to church/would she wear that to the UAE and men saying they prefer modest women. The poor girl has more armpit fat than breast tissue so any man who’ll lose control of himself at the sight of her has serious problems.

She’s off on a package holiday charter flight to Tenerife, holiday choice of chavs. Many Brits her carried away and wear their new Primark ‘holiday clothes ‘ to the airport. I think that’s what happened here. Every summer the Brits descend on SF and Santa Monica. I’ve lived in both cities and they walked around half dressed mistaking a working city for a Spanish holiday resort. I remember a girl coming into a restaurant in SM in a sarong and her bikini top and we were all inside in our work clothes like what? No offence was meant, she just forgot it’s not a full time resort and she was inappropriate. Lots of the men walk about shirtless too and burned to a crisp.

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2019 10:52 PM

The entitlement oozing from her twitter post/ comments is beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2019 10:56 PM

R14, funny, but that's a train or a bus.

by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2019 10:59 PM

In most places people of both anatomic genders are required to cover their genitals and anal crevice, humans identifying as female additionally are required to not display their nipples. A bra and panties is sufficient on a person identifying as female. This person did nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2019 11:10 PM

Sorry, R28. She's a tart.

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2019 11:12 PM

They should allow that for spring break and chav junkets. Let the party start on the flight in.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2019 11:14 PM

I once met with a nutritionist who was wearing a lacy white slightly transparent shirt and a black bra totally visible underneath,

Is that inappropriate or am I just out of style?

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2019 11:14 PM

She should have flown Air France where pants are optional

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2019 11:16 PM

When I was in college and on the hockey team this girl would come to the athletic dorm. The team would sit in a circle around her and she would fuck herself with a hockey stick. Was this weird?

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2019 11:17 PM

R31, that was the style a few years ago. Show your bra straps which are black or red through your white or light colored shirt. I think it’s based on Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2019 11:19 PM

It's the equivalent of a guy wearing Speedo's as shorts. I'm totally ok with the Speedo thing if the guy is reasonably attractive.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2019 11:20 PM

R34 no I could see her entire bra thru the shirt...not straps

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2019 11:26 PM

I haven't seen this much excitement on DL about a top since...Adam Lambert.

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2019 11:30 PM

Good for the airline taking a stand for proper dress. No well brought-up lady would dress this way in public.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2019 11:31 PM

Buck would never have dated an improperly attired woman like this.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2019 11:33 PM

She’s a WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2019 11:33 PM

R36, that’s another version of that look. See through top with dark bra so you can see it through the top. I think Madonna started or inspired that too.

This article says Carrie Bradshaw wore them in Sex and the City.

In real life, you tend to see this look on women with huge, fake-looking boob jobs that want to show them off, whorish young girls who are just discovering they have breasts and boys like to look at them, or desperate young starlets who will do anything for attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2019 11:38 PM

I can see her dirty pillows, and I'm laughing at her.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2019 11:43 PM

She is just like that hysterical woman on Qantas who posted selfies of herself wearing a mask in the airport bathroom because the airline decided to serve nuts. Told by mommy, daddy and society at large that they are precious little flowers who should be doted on at every turn. And when it doesn't happen, they run to social media.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2019 11:55 PM

I can't see the problem. She wanted attention and attention is what she got.

by Anonymousreply 44March 14, 2019 12:34 AM

Obviously a graduate of the Sue Ellen Mishky School of Fashion

by Anonymousreply 45March 14, 2019 12:38 AM

It looks like a halter top from the 70s.

Besides whether or not it’s appropriate, people should realize that what the flight attendants say these days is the law.

She’s lucky she wasn’t kicked off and arrested.

by Anonymousreply 46March 14, 2019 1:41 AM

That looks like a bralette, not a brassiere or a swimsuit top.

A bralette is usually made out of stretchy lace or other soft, thin stretchy material. The cups are often unlined or very minimally lined and there is no underwire. It’s like a short undershirt with lace trim. No construction, or very little. The bottom is soft elastic.

Women sometimes will wear them as a liner to a shirt. Technically you could wear them with a jacket or see through shirt made out of illusion.

Women with big boobs usually don’t wear those on the outside because there’s no underwire. They’re for small breasted women that don’t need much support, or to wear when a woman is casually dressed with a loose top.

I’m guessing she didn’t have a clean shirt and thought she could get away with it because she is small chested.

by Anonymousreply 47March 14, 2019 2:51 AM

Over-shoulder boulder-holder!

by Anonymousreply 48March 14, 2019 4:15 PM

Nobody wants to see that. That airline should ban her for life.

by Anonymousreply 49March 14, 2019 4:35 PM

what a bunch of prudes. It is no different than the halter tops we wore in the 60's/70's.

by Anonymousreply 50March 14, 2019 4:39 PM

What is problem here? Lady dressed like nice architect. How all lady archictect dress in my country.

by Anonymousreply 51March 14, 2019 4:40 PM

She’s an exhibitionist. Clear and simple. It’s like a guy wearing tights whities with bulge on display. It doesn’t bother me, but is in contrast to social norms.

by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2019 4:42 PM

Women’s breasts are so awful. They just get in the way of really stylish couture.

The perfect adult woman has the body of a slender 14 year old boy. Tres chic.

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2019 4:46 PM

R53 = ghost of Karl Lagerfeld

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2019 5:00 PM

As long as she keeps her shoes on and keeps her foot odor to herself, I'm fine with the bra.

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2019 5:05 PM

"God, let this be our biggest aviation problem this month."

by Anonymousreply 56March 14, 2019 5:08 PM

^^...this year, this decade...

by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2019 5:11 PM

Wait! The West demands women dress a certain way???

If DL were the main source, you'd think only Islam did that.

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2019 5:30 PM

Isn't this exactly how people dress in warm countries?

by Anonymousreply 59March 14, 2019 5:31 PM

That's not a crop top, whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 14, 2019 5:46 PM

Think of the outcry if she didn’t shave her armpits!

by Anonymousreply 61March 14, 2019 5:46 PM

SLUTS UNITE

by Anonymousreply 62March 14, 2019 5:50 PM

As long as she's minimizing jiggle and bounce, I don't see the problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 14, 2019 6:14 PM

She should have just changed when requested.

And while I agree that there is a difference between how fit and overweight women look in such attire, the airline can't make that distinction when it comes to its policy.

by Anonymousreply 64March 14, 2019 7:16 PM

Totally unacceptable during Caviar Service!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2019 8:17 PM

That's amazing, R65! Now we're lucky to get a shitty box of treats like granola and kale chips.

by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2019 8:46 PM

I hate to block people but it really is time to block R63 isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2019 8:54 PM

Yes, R67.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2019 9:38 PM

slutabago

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2019 10:28 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker really was attractive on Sex and the City. Her face is so strange now. Too thin? Eyes pulled up like cat eyes. I can't tell what she's doing. Age is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2019 10:31 PM

Don't block Yvonne! I love her!

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2019 10:36 PM

Windshield wiper! Charlie Horse! I’ll tolerate Yvonne because seeing her calls to mind Bea Arthur in that hideous gym outfit and Rue with the camel toe. Instant belly laugh every time.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2019 11:01 PM

I love the Yvonne troll too, and if that angers a few queens whose blood pressure rises when they see her smiling face, so be it!

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2019 11:08 PM

She got the attention she wanted. She's not wearing a top, she's wearing a bra and no it's not empowering or an act of 'owning sexuality' to do this or misogynistic to call her on her bullshit. If it were Jack Black, Gabriel Iglesias, Mitch McConnell, etc, trying to pass off their boxers as shorts, the fraus defending the woman in the OP's article would suddenly recognize how inappropriate and tacky this behavior is. Show some degree of decorum when you're in a public place.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2019 11:45 PM

R65. Open the curtains, hon. I want to see the Grand Canyon.

by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2019 1:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!