Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should The Courts Make A Statement, and Send Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman To Prson?

I hope they get a jail/prison sentence. I am seriously tired of the rich getting extra privileges and using their money to advance their lives.

Disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2019 1:17 AM

Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Only if they committed tax fraud

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2019 9:24 PM

Oops sorry for grammatical errors. Prison.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2019 9:24 PM

There was a single mother black lady a few years back who lied about her address so her daughter could go to a better school district. She did time for this because it was a second offense. (Her first had been some drug offense, but still.)

But only poor people go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2019 9:27 PM

R4 truth

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2019 9:27 PM

It’s not going to happen but the public shaming will be hanging over them for years

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2019 9:30 PM

R6 what happens to their children’s education/degrees etc.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2019 9:31 PM

None of these kids were actually going to get an education. They will love off the family fortune while looking for spouses who are also living off the family fortunes. This kind pays merit scholarship students to write their papers and take their tests.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2019 9:34 PM

This poll stinks.

It doesn't appear to be working for me. Technical error.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2019 10:40 PM

R9 try again, warrior, you can do it. DL has been having technical issues today.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2019 10:44 PM

R10, lol

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2019 10:45 PM

The whole college acceptance process needs an overhaul. Admissions should not see addresses, sex, race, sexual orientation, nationality on them nor parents financials when making decisions. It's time for everyone to be accepted to college based solely on their merit and whether admissions thinks they are a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2019 10:49 PM

Do students even need to pass at Ivy League universities or do they just get a degree because of $$$? No wonder the US is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2019 10:54 PM

Manafort is going to jail for fewer than 8 years. This isn't going to go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote]Remember Tanya McDowell?

[quote]She got 12 yrs for sending her 6 yr old son to Norwalk CT’s Brookside Elementary School while she ‘lived’ in Bridgeport, even though she was homeless.

[quote]She was convicted of 1st-degree larceny for “stealing“ an education.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2019 1:56 PM

Looks like they may actually do prison time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2019 8:35 PM

Forming a fake charity because these Anti-Americans did not want to pay full tuition plus for their dumb brats, really crosses the line for me.

by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2019 8:38 PM

I bribed USC to get my daughters into college and wrote the tuition cost off my taxes by forming a fake charity, bitches.

Flag flying Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2019 8:43 PM

As r16’s article said, the prosecution is taking a hard line and is refusing to discuss a plea deal that doesn’t include jail time.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2019 8:44 PM

I love all the stories about how OJ is FURIOUS with her parents for ruining her life. Well, maybe you should have thought about that when you read all the emails your mom sent you BEFORE she did it. You're just mad they got CAUGHT, not that they (and YOU) did it in the first place. Stop acting like you didn't know, vapid little brat. I know you're stupid, but I am assuming you can read.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 8:47 PM

[quote]I know you're stupid, but I am assuming you can read.

Can we really be sure though? The poor dear.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2019 8:50 PM

I think the prosecution wants to make an example of these 2. I read an article that mentioned there are 25? more wealthy families waiting to be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2019 9:10 PM

I also read that the judge told them they could get 20 years! Yeah, I don't think they're playing this time.

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2019 9:14 PM

Lori and her husband committed mail fraud. She’s going down. Federal offenses are stacked against her. Felicity will get off.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2019 9:26 PM

[quote]Felicity will get off.

Not if Macy has to do it.

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2019 9:35 PM

I'm going to post this as often as possible on the feeds and websites of as many publications as I find. The only appropriate punishment for Loughlin, Huffman and every other parent who PAID money for faux test prep, test takers, false athletic achievement, etc... is for each parent to create a scholarship fund equal to the money they siphoned off so their spawn could attend a college. For Loughlin that means $500,000, Huffman, $150,000 and some NY lawyer who plead guilty today, $75,000.

For Loughlin this means that for the next five years she, her husband and Olivia Jade accept applications, review the circumstances of each applicant, meet with the finalists and then they award five $20,000 scholarships for five years. The applicants must be approved by the sentencing judge each year. The same for Huffman - say, two $25,000 for three years - and I don't care if Bill Macy wasn't a part of the his wife's scheme he has to be a part of the process as well.

I have had it with the super-wealthy entitled people. Had it.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2019 10:06 PM

They should be treated just like everyone else, no favors, no extra punishment.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2019 1:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!