Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm Addicted to Advil PM

It's going to kill me isn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2019 12:16 PM

RIP OP.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2019 12:08 AM

Isn’t Advil an approved cow name?

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2019 12:16 AM

I take it most nights, too. The older I get, the worse I sleep. Took Ambien for awhile but it made me ravenous. Tried Melatonin and that stopped working. Advil PM doesn't give me the groggy hangover that Tylenol PM does.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2019 12:17 AM

The diphenhydramine in it has been shown to dramatically increase your risk for dementia.

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2019 12:22 AM

My mother is 93 and went into an assisted living facility a couple of months ago. There’s a woman there who’s 102 years old. She walks outside 5 times a day. Excercize? No. It’s for her smoking breaks. She’s smoked for 85 years.

Go ahead and take your Advil.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2019 12:22 AM

OP in danger.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2019 12:23 AM

I’m effectively addicted to Ambien. I have an especially hard time falling asleep when I’m in the same room as others including my long-term boyfriend. I’ve tried Advil PM when I’ve forgotten Ambien at home when travelling or staying at my boyfriend’s place, and it doesn’t work for me. I end up sleeping in another room so as not to disturb him with my tossing and turning.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2019 12:27 AM

Anything with PM on the label makes me feel groggy the next morning. I usually have a couple martinis before bed.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2019 12:28 AM

It ain’t no FABB TABLET

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2019 12:30 AM

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2019 12:32 AM

It's certainly not a plot by the Lesbian Council to turn gay men into Lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2019 12:40 AM

My husband had a friend who was addicted to Advil (the regular kind). And, truth be told, Advil gives me a low-grade buzz, a feeling of well-being.

Everyone’s chemistry is different. Maybe you can wean yourself down.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2019 1:17 AM

When I get upset I take Tylenol and it calms me down.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2019 1:36 AM

Doesn’t it fuck up your liver?

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2019 1:46 AM

Everything fucks up your liver, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2019 2:06 AM

My liver or my lover?

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2019 2:08 AM

My liver is my drinking buddy.

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2019 2:10 AM

Careful with long term use of sedative antihistamines, it’s linked to bad things, including Alzheimer’s.

Try marijuana. Get a vape or use edibles if you don’t smoke.

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2019 2:12 AM

R18 is right

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2019 2:14 AM

I is doomed then.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2019 2:16 AM

I had to be hospitalized coming off a long term benzo addiction.

If diphenhydramine is your only worry, you'll be fine. Trust me.

Stay away from bennies, though. Insomnia is much much preferable to what those things do to you, and the withdrawal is as bad as opiates. Just. Don't.

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2019 4:12 AM

Yeah, 'trust' R21 who had to be hospitalized for benzo addiction, because that makes him totally credible. Eyeroll.

The people who pointed out the link of these otc sleeping pills and dementia are referring to scholarly articles and medical studies ( ie "experts") that you can easily Google.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2019 4:28 AM

[QUOTE]My husband had a friend who was addicted to Advil (the regular kind). And, truth be told, Advil gives me a low-grade buzz, a feeling of well-being.

Ibuprofen also gives me euphoric feelings.

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2019 12:10 PM

I have to take Benadryl or allergies make me crazy. I did not know this link to dementia. So crazy now, or later, which one should I go for?

Try cutting back if it bugs you OP. Maybe do halves instead. That's what I've done, you might get the same effects with a lesser dose.

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2019 12:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!