Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fave Olivia Newton-John's Autobiography Released Today

Who's buying it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 20, 2020 11:19 PM

Why on earth would she choose that outfit for the cover photo?

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2019 9:14 PM

I'll read it but the title is pretty lame!

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2019 12:37 PM

And her face! Women need to chill with the fillers - damn.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2019 12:45 PM

Why did she use a song by Journey as the title? I would it be "Have To Believe In Magic" or "Twist Of Fate".

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2019 1:07 PM

Did she get around to admitting her grandfather is Hitler?

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2019 1:15 PM

She had a minor hit with a song called "Don't Stop Believin'" before Journey did but it is still an odd title because it is more associated with Journey now.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2019 1:17 PM

Stupid title and she’s a brainwashed idiot

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2019 1:28 PM

She's dying; God bless her.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2019 1:30 PM

Love her and her music. ZERO interest in this book.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2019 1:32 PM

Here's why she chose the outfit for the book cover shoot:'

She wanted something universally accepted as "casual" and "approachable" and she wanted something baggy enough to conceal her skin-n-bones.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2019 1:33 PM

Not me. Other than “We Have to Believe”, most of her songs are bland. But then, so is she...

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2019 1:36 PM

She should have titled the book "Please Mister Please"

Love Livvie and I wish her the best but I don't have much interest in her bio.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2019 1:37 PM

‘Let’s get Physical’ would have been a better title

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2019 1:39 PM

I adore Olivia and will be reading this book.

As for the title being based on a song, I would have used SOUL KISS.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2019 1:45 PM

R14 is not showing up

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2019 1:46 PM

That's because you have them on block r15.

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2019 1:48 PM

Who is that on the cover?

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2019 2:01 PM

Will I be in it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2019 2:46 PM

She was on The Talk yesterday and the Botox and fillers must have worn off because her face and neck looked very wrinkly.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2019 2:54 PM

What a tragic cover.

If she doesn't admit to munching on pussy, then the book is a PR lie.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2019 2:58 PM

Did she confirm her health is as bad as being reported?

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2019 3:02 PM

Probably won't buy. Will definitely read.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2019 3:04 PM

I love her!

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2019 4:00 PM

Does she have The Big C?

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2019 4:04 PM

I expect extensive dirt about making this music video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2019 4:07 PM

Camp as a row of tents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 31, 2019 11:03 AM

Please don’t snark on my beloved Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2019 11:19 AM

It was released in Australia a few months ago and I read it. If you've followed her over the years there's not you haven't heard before, and she doesn't really go into too much depth about anything other than her cancer, which for many people will be the least interesting section of the book. Things are generally just glossed over. No mention of what issues she had with her younger husband that led to their divorce, what it was like to realize that your star is fading, no real mention of the nutty daughter. It's really short on analysis and advice and just plain gossip. She has worked with some of the greats but once again, never goes into too much depth. Everyone is "wonderful" and she was "honored" to work with them. There's a good book about her life, but unfortunately this isn't it. Still worth a read for the odd tidbit.

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2019 11:41 AM

The hair? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2019 11:44 AM

Poor Olivia. So sad she has terminal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2019 11:50 AM

I'd read it. Especially about that missing husband. And anything on Travolta. Olivia is in Sordid Lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2019 11:52 AM

The One That I Want would have been a good title.

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2019 11:55 AM

"Livin' In Desperate Times" is a better title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 31, 2019 12:18 PM

Johnny and I had a torrid affair. There- I said it!

by Anonymousreply 34March 31, 2019 12:26 PM

If I were the photographer I'd have posed Olivia perched on a 4 ft. boulder barefooted next to a creek holding a bamboo fishing pole.

by Anonymousreply 35March 31, 2019 1:41 PM

I wouldn't buy something produced by a Frau

by Anonymousreply 36March 31, 2019 1:48 PM

Olivia is a big believer in power of thoughts/law of attraction. A positive woman who practices what she preaches. Therefore, the books is probably mind numbingly dull.

I have no interest in the book, but that does not mean I still do not think she is a wonderful human being who has a lovely voice. Nor do I think Olivia is dull! She is truly one of the good ones. And she was stunningly beautiful and still is. I would love to sit and chat with her for an hour.

I admire her strength. I think that she had 3 reccurances of cancer.

I hope a miracle happens for her (and everyone else suffering from that disease)

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2019 1:49 PM

[quote]Olivia is a big believer in power of thoughts/law of attraction. A positive woman who practices what she preaches. Therefore, the books is probably mind numbingly dull.

Perhaps. I haven't read it. But to be honest, a book filled with positivity and general good nature sounds like a nice refreshing alternative to everything else we're inundated with today. You goddamned fucking racist, deplorable, homophobic piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2019 1:59 PM

Wasn't Olivia due to croak last year?

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2019 2:08 PM

R38, I don't know if I should be offended.

I am all about the power of thoughts at this point and read books endlessly about the the topic.

But a biography that has no conflict or glosses over things- No.

by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2019 2:09 PM

No, don't be offended, R37. It was basically a joke (maybe poorly executed) that you can't read anything today that ultimately isn't aimed at insulting someone. I'm probably spending too much time reading Twitter.

I was serious that a book with positivity sounds refreshing, but it doesn't mean it's good, or it's for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2019 2:18 PM

No, don't be offended, R37. It was basically a joke (maybe poorly executed) that you can't read anything today that ultimately isn't aimed at insulting someone. I'm probably spending too much time reading Twitter.

I was serious that a book with positivity sounds refreshing, but it doesn't mean it's good, or it's for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2019 2:18 PM

Marijuana Barbie*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2019 2:55 PM

I finished it last night and liked it enough. She does present herself as a very positive person who believes strongly and sincerely in the power of good vibes and alternative medicine, along with some belief in mystical mumbo jumbo. She does indeed gloss over why her marriage ended except to say they grew apart, but I found myself wondering why I feel entitled to know the dirty details. Not surprisingly, despite the many mentions of Travolta, there is no allusion to his alleged homosexuality. There is an interesting passage where she and her current husband join John and Kelly on John's plane for dessert and watch GREASE (the husband had never seen it). It is kind of amusing that every friend she mentions is "my dear friend" or "my dearest friend". She seems like a pretty sweet woman. I still love her.

by Anonymousreply 44April 1, 2019 2:05 PM

I had a gentlemen on my flight recently who is a neighbor and friend. He said Olivia has stage 4 cancer. I was upset to hear the news, I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2019 3:14 AM

Did he confirm this before or after you had him, R45?

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2019 3:19 AM

Good one R46. (I’m not a member of the mile high club)

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2019 3:25 AM

I was a big fan as a kid. If someone posted pages here I would read it.

by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2019 3:33 AM

I recently bought her book but haven't read it yet. I have all her hit records so I had to get the book and read about her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2019 3:34 AM

Have You Never Been Mellow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2019 3:37 AM

Her first hubby, Matt Lattanzi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2019 3:41 AM

Matt with their daughter in later years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2019 3:45 AM

I love tents, R26. Just had an addition put on mine.

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2019 3:48 AM

She's no Delta Goodrem.

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2019 3:53 AM

Watching that Xanadu video I guess she was never much of a dancer.

by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2019 4:00 AM

When Livvy talks about Helen Reddy convincing her to come to US, Jeff Wald, Helen’s cokehead ex-husband comes off looking better here than he does in Helen’s autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2019 4:01 AM

"Don't Stop Believin'" is the title track from the 1976 album by Olivia Newton-John. The single peaked at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2019 4:03 AM

[quote] I was a big fan as a kid. If someone posted pages here I would read it.

For a while there was a poster who started threads with quotes from various bios he was reading. I loved them and I wonder why the poster stopped posting them.

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2019 4:06 AM

The book should've been called Soul Kiss of Death: How To End A Music Career

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2019 4:37 AM

Its all very twee. She tells a story of a famous actor who hit on her at the Beverly Hills Hotel but doesnt name names even though they'd all be too old to care at this point. Expect that.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2019 5:52 AM

Read the book. It's 50/50 her career/her cancer center, diagnosis, health retreat. There's as big a section devoted to a TV show she did in the early 90's called Human Nature as there is Grease and Xanadu.

SPOILERS BELOW:

- Didi Conn initially auditioned for Rizzo in Grease. But after reading, everyone thought she'd be the perfect Frenchie.

- Olivia and Matt were good friends with Julie Andrews and Blake Edwards. When Livvy was pregnant Julie would have her over to swim in her huge pool to get exercise.

- She auditioned for Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman, but she doesn't say whether it was Jessica or Teri's role.

- She wanted Mel Gibson for the Michael Beck role in Xanadu. She saw Mad Max and knew he'd be a huge star.

- She adored working with Gene Kelly but makes subtly states that he was a perfectionist who wanted control over all of his scenes as well as the choreography.

- Optioned a movie based on the life of Doris Day, but Day didn't want any movie made about her.

- Admits the worst mistake of her career was putting her own money into the Koala Blue Franchise.

- She says her marriage to Matt would have ended much sooner if she hadn't been diagnosed with cancer. They grew apart, and had very little common with each other.

- Says her biggest regret is not telling Chloe that she had cancer and having Chloe find out about it from classmates. Says there have been trust issues between them but doesn't elaborate further.

- Patrick McDermott and her had already broken up when he disappeared, and despite reported sightings over the years, Olivia says she hasn't seen him since several days before he disappeared.

It's clear there's been some drama in her life, but she does maintain a very positive attitude throughout it all. And she seems to resolved a lot of issues with Chloe and has found her true love with John Easterling. It was a good book overall. There's a reason why she's so well liked.

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2020 10:04 PM

I don't think the sort of people who listen to ONJ listen to Journey.

by Anonymousreply 62January 20, 2020 10:08 PM

She looks like she had a head transplant.

by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote] I had a gentlemen on my flight recently who is a neighbor and friend. He said Olivia has stage 4 cancer.

He may have been a neighbor, but he's neither a gentlemen or a friend if he's revealing details of Olivia like that.

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2020 10:57 PM

Pretty sure her marriages were lavender. Her daughter is an odd duck. Olivia's grandpa was Jewish Nobel winning physicist if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 65January 20, 2020 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!