Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I haven't seen a celeb speak out against Jackson and support Safechuck and Robson yet (aside from Oprah of course).

I find it interesting that none of the usual celebrity victims advocates (especially since #metoo) have spoken up in support of the victims. No Alyssa, no Anthony Rapp, no Deb Messing, no Rose, no Mariska Hargitay. I wonder if they either don't believe the victims in this or if they're too worried about saying anything against Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2019 10:08 PM

Maybe they just don't see what they have to gain from attacking a dead man. Taking down the likes of Weinstein makes them look brave, but someone who's been dead for what, ten years?

But yeah, I had vague hopes that this would be an opportunity for men in public life to speak out against the sexual abuse of boys, instead of leaving #METOO as a women's issue, but that's not happening.

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2019 10:58 PM

Maybe not attacking Jackson, but even just voicing support for the victims would have been nice. You know, the whole "believe victims" thing and all. Part of me wonders if they're afraid to piss off some of their stans who may believe that Jackson was innocent.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2019 11:00 PM

Jon Legend and his wife, Ellen, and Sia are the only ones I’ve heard about.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2019 11:01 PM

OP, child abuse isn't just a Hollywood problem.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2019 11:03 PM

Can we keep this crap in the Leaving Neverland threads?

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2019 11:04 PM

I wonder if they worry they’ll tip Paris Jackson over the edge. No one wants to be responsible for that hot mess making another suicide attempt. The insane MJ fans would torment them forever.

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2019 11:04 PM

So, even in death, Jackson controls others.

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2019 11:05 PM

I know that, R4, it's just that most of these people have came out in support of others in Hollywood. I think it almost seems cowardly. Everyone wanted to fry Weinstein, he had virtually no supporters, same with Cosby. Spacey has a few deluded fans, but not as many as Jackson, so coming out in support of those victims seems "easy" compared to Jackson's case.

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2019 11:08 PM

You already posted this in the Leaving Neverland 5 thread. It didn't get any traction there either, but you earned your $10 for this hour.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2019 11:23 PM

I wouldn't come out and support people that denied he did this in a court of law previously. Fuck them, they should have spoken out when the man was alive and he could face his accusers. I feel nothing for them.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2019 11:31 PM

Fuck off, R9. If you don't like the thread, then ignore it.

Victims are imperfect though, R10. Many of the Weinstein victims worked with him after he assaulted them, doesn't mean they're not victims.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2019 11:34 PM

Drake is cutting a Jackson song from his set. So he’s at least acknowledging the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2019 11:36 PM

Block and move on people.

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2019 11:37 PM

I can't say which time I think he is lying. Below or the documentary. But I would not come out and support him EVER. Don't care what happened to him. Or didn't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2019 11:38 PM

r11, how do you know he is a victim or simply an opportunist?

Why not tell the trust when he could go be punished? He helped him get off.

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2019 11:40 PM

Denying Michael molested you in an interview with Barbara Walters is one thing, but under oath? In a court of law? Right in front of a jury? Their credibility is non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 16March 11, 2019 11:41 PM

R10r14 they were kids the first time. It’s humiliating to admit you’ve been abused, you think people will only ever look at you as a victim or damaged goods for the rest of your life. I’ve never told anyone. And up until a few years ago I would have denied it in court too, it takes a long time to admit to yourself let alone anyone else the reality of what happened to you and your first instinct is self preservation. But when I heard Wade and James’ stories I heard the absolute truth. I recognised a lot of what they said. Flame away, but unless it’s happened to you, you will never understand.

by Anonymousreply 17March 11, 2019 11:47 PM

R16 Exactly, the accusers have less than any credibility. Yet their supporters seem determined to spam and insult every MJ fan on the internet. They have their own thread for that. The rest of DL isn't going to tolerate their BS. The best solution is to FF and block, then move on.

by Anonymousreply 18March 11, 2019 11:51 PM

I also believe the mothers had a pretty good idea what was going at the time (if not the details) and, next to MJ are the guiltiest. Next to them Jeanette Jennings (or whatever the real name is) looks like Mother Teresa (who actually was a psychotic bitch herself and responsible for much of the spread of HIV in India--the "Albanian dwarf," as Hitchens dubbed her).

by Anonymousreply 19March 11, 2019 11:53 PM

Have a look around I think you’ll find that most of DL are not on MJs side r18. You can FF all you like, but it’s not being enforced.

by Anonymousreply 20March 11, 2019 11:55 PM

I've been wondering the same thing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2019 2:13 AM

It's not their job to weigh in on every case.

OP has entitlement issues. He's also attention-whoring with very little to go on.

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2019 2:38 AM

[Quote] It's not their job to weigh in on every case.

Yet so many think the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2019 2:54 AM

Sia

Sam Smith

Dax Shepard

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2019 10:04 PM

R11 Many of the Weinstein victims worked with him after he assaulted them, doesn't mean they're not victims.

Sorry they (Goop, Thurman, Salma, ...) are Harvey's ex-whores and liars. Please don't compare them to Wade and James who are real victims and very honest.

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2019 10:11 PM

Anthony Rapp won't say anything because it's not about him and because he's too afraid to offend his woke fans.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2019 10:23 PM

[quote] R10r14 they were kids the first time.

Robson wasn’t a kid the second time.

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2019 10:45 PM

You can say Wade doesn't have credibility. But what about James?

The deluded MJ fans attack Wade because he lied under oath. Fine. But James is a completely different story. They don't have any counterattack with him because he didn't testify in his trial.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2019 11:37 PM

The singer Sia tweeted support to the two men. She was roasted to death by the MJ nuts, even those who are her fans.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2019 11:49 PM

I'd rather go back to talking about Weinstein. This is boring and controversial...but in a "disgusting" instead of juicy way.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2019 1:21 AM

R27 If you can’t understand why he was reluctant to come forward until much later in life you’re part of the reason he didn’t come forward. You’re a pedo enabler and the reason victims waiver on admitting what happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2019 1:46 AM

he wasn't a very good songwriter - Rod Temperton wrote his best stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2019 3:47 AM

r17, he didn't just deny it about himself. He worked with the "accused" to deny someone else's truth apparently. It's one thing to stay quiet about what happened to you but to testify on the behalf of said predator to discredit someone who was speaking their own truth. That is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2019 4:03 AM

r31, The point you are missing is he did come forward but we are to believe he came forward to lie, then but not now.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2019 4:06 AM

I've lost all respect I had for Rapp. He asked for support after going public, says he's a voice for children and youth who were abused, yet remains mum when it comes to Robson and Safechuck. Some ally he is, especially considering he waited years to go public with his story AND because he received a lot of criticism over it.

I know he reads here, hopefully he sees what a hypocrite he is. He needs to stop worrying about his fanbase and speak up. If not, then he should stfu about Spacey and quit whining about the Spacey stans who call out on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2019 4:21 AM

It would be hard for a celebrity especially a music artist to criticize Michael Jackson because his fans are batshit insane..

Even when he was alive, entertainers walked on eggshells when asked to comment about the Michael Jackson cases

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2019 4:24 AM

I think it is more about SONY and the fact that it spent $250M on music rights last year and thought it would make all that back plus more following the Broadway show. Wonder if actors and musicians are getting pressure to stay quiet in hopes that the show moves ahead? That is a LOT of $.

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2019 4:35 AM

That could be, R37, but if true, then they truly are a bunch of hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2019 4:40 AM

No one is standing up for them because they're money grubbing scumbags. Yeah, they were assaulted. They happy to take the cash. They were happy to take more cash in exchange for lying during depositions or in court when Michael Jackson was being sued or prosecuted for sexual molestation of other children

They may have been victims, but they sure the fuck helped Jackson evade arrest, win at trial and then when Michael died, they were more than happy to trade on their association with Michael to earn more money (wade robeson (sp?) did that for years with some shitty video tapes/dvd infomercial about dancing and choreography. The very first thing he mentioned in the infomercials was that he worked with Michael Jackson. When people stopped buying his DVD's and the money he received for perjuring himself under oath in Jackson's molestation trial ran out, he came up with this money making scheme to sue the estate

That kid who had the guts to tell the police Michael Jackson sexually assaulted him should sue Robson, because Robson aided and abetted the sexual assaults of many children. He should be arrested, tried and convicted. He chose to lie in exchange for money and more kids got raped. No celebs are going to stick up for that piece of shit mother fucker

by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2019 4:52 AM

Holly Marie Combs defended Wade, as embedded in this tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2019 6:35 AM

Justin Bieber, Laura Pausini, Idris Elba, Michael K Williams and Jamie Lloyd are still following pedo Jackson on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2019 8:23 PM

R41 we don't care

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2019 8:55 PM

It hasn’t been widely picked up because it was said to a South American journalist, but McCartney believes the accusers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2019 11:08 PM

Richard Marx, Daniel Gillies from Rhe Originals and Heather Graham voiced support. They were all roasted by the fans. Heather left her tweet up and ignored the crazies. Marx and Gillies are hitting back at the MJ stans/Sony bots.

Mayte, Princes ex wife and Wades exgirlfiend voiced her support to Wade years ago when he first reported the abuse. The fans went after her on twitter. T

The MJ crazies and bots have been bullying anyone who shows support so people don't waste their time tweeting support..

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2019 11:39 PM

[Quote] Richard Marx, Daniel Gillies from Rhe Originals and Heather Graham voiced support.

Gilles seems like a good egg. He was cute on The Originals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2019 12:51 AM

Celebrities have been saying MJ inspired their music for years, and they know the receipts are out there. Oprah deleted all videos regarding to the the documentary off her YouTube and social media accounts, including the interview with the alleged victims. Nobody is speaking out until she clarifies that.

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2019 6:26 AM

Maybe they're voicing support in private, not everything has to be done over twitter.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2019 7:22 AM

Is there any Leaving Neverland part 14 that hasn't been started by the homophobic troll with no life, whom I blocked several threads ago?

by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2019 7:35 AM

It has reached levels of desperation not seen before from a "serious documentary filmmaker". Reed caught as the person behind anti-MJ Twitter troll account(s). Posing as a child sexual abuse survivor too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2019 7:43 AM

I assume people are voicing their supporting in private. For example, with the exception of Darrin Hensen other choreographers and dancers have been supportive with Wade seemingly in private and sometimes publicly. Brian Epstein has older and newer wade clips on his YouTube and the woman from that dance show Wade was on cried on one of those day shows when LN was shown on HBO bc she was so upset for Wade.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2019 11:29 AM

*Brian Freidman

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2019 11:34 AM

Only low rate artists whose careers are dead are going anywhere near this. If they have any brains, they'll take Oprah's cue and ditch these two before more lies come out (someone hacks into their Dropbox for example) and the entire plan falls apart.

Take this whacko for example. Comparing Michael Jackson to a hired local plumber is like comparing him to successful musician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2019 11:59 AM

Please r52. Marx is absolutely hilarious and calls it out like it needs to.

Him dragging Brenda "Truth Teller" Richie is absolutely awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2019 3:59 PM

Richard Marx is viciously sarcastic. The singer behind “Now and forever, I will be your man” and “Dance for my father” has been fooling us all.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2019 6:33 PM

He is actually r54. He loathes Trump and tweets daily. He's a little too involved on social media but I don't disagree with many of his statements.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2019 7:25 PM

I just learned Richard Marc is married to Daisy Fuentes

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2019 4:16 PM

i had no idea Richard Marx was married to Cynthia Rhodes until they got divorced.

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2019 4:57 PM

Richard Marx divorced Cynthia Rhodes?! Years ago he would always gush over her on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2019 6:32 PM

The smart celebrities are keeping quiet. Even if they believe MJ did wrongful acts, there's already been significant evidence that these guys aren't the most credible of victims. [quote]I assume people are voicing their supporting in private.

by Anonymousreply 59April 15, 2019 4:52 AM

The smart celebrities are keeping quiet. Even if they believe MJ did wrongful acts, there's already been significant evidence that these guys aren't the most credible of victims.

[quote] I assume people are voicing their supporting in private.

by Anonymousreply 60April 15, 2019 4:52 AM

R58 they divorced in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 61April 15, 2019 8:57 AM

I agree with what several people already mentioned. Why do this doc now when Jackson can no longer defend himself? It gives me deep doubts that what they claim happened ever did, at least not in the way they described. I can't fathom why Oprah would do this show now, after much has settled down.

It's my guess that the two victims are looking for some money and they purposely added more graphic details that never came out before. Yes, I think Jackson did untoward stuff, but these two added much, much more than what actually happened--or at least to their first account. Isn't that why Jackson was acquitted? Because their stories kept changing. I don't believe them when they say this new stuff was too repressed before. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 62April 15, 2019 10:27 AM

It’s funny how those who express “deep doubts” about these claims- like R62- are happy to concede they DO accept that “untoward stuff” happened- it just didn’t meet their bullshit arbitrary threshold for abuse. Thanks for your contribution, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63April 15, 2019 11:08 AM

It's such an ugly subject I don't think people want to go near it. As a society we don't really know how to deal with pedophilia, the fact we trusted Jackson and condoned his behavior ( what were we thinking given his blatant acting out ? ) doubles the ugly. Hilarious that OP highlights the lack of celeb support 'apart from Oprah' . I never want a celebrity endorsement or to hear what a celeb thinks about anything, they are not qualified and the hanging on every word dumb celebs say and worshiping celebrity is how someone like Jackson got to hide in plain sight while living a pedophile lifestyle

by Anonymousreply 64April 15, 2019 11:25 AM

I am not saying MJ didn't meet my threshold. I'm saying he did not meet the legal threshold. Know the difference and try not to make ad hominem attacks.

by Anonymousreply 65April 15, 2019 12:13 PM

^^^r62^^^

by Anonymousreply 66April 15, 2019 12:14 PM

Jackson defended himself when he was alive and most people with common sense knew he was a pedophile in 1993 with Jordan Chandler. Even people in the jury thought he was guilty for Gavin Arvizo. Guess OJ and Casey Anthony didn't meet the legal standards of guilt either. Let's be for real, guys don't acknowledge that they were sexualy abused to the public nor parents allow themselves to be seen as colluding (joy robson) or plain outright stupid (Stephanie Safechuck) unless it was true.

Celebs don't want to be attacked by the Jackson loons. Neither would any other Jackson victim given how arvizo, chandler, robson and safechuck have been torn down and threatened by the crazies. Thats the point of the crazies attacking, to stop others from saying things in public.

Mayte, Princes ex was told that it was good her baby died when she posted a supportive tweet to Wade. That's the level of insanity celebs would have to deal with if they said something in public.

by Anonymousreply 67April 15, 2019 12:25 PM

People on DL defending MJ? Has DL changed that much?

by Anonymousreply 68April 15, 2019 12:36 PM

Then why did they all vote to acquit him in the case...?

[quote] R67 Even people in the jury thought he was guilty for Gavin Arvizo

by Anonymousreply 69April 15, 2019 3:25 PM

MJ met the legal threshold, as did Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, OJ & others. Never discount the power of celebrity on juries and what a million dollar defence team can do for you. MJ would have gone to prison for the Chandler case for sure. I do understand why his parents didn't want to put him through that. The Jackson looney fans are completely crazy.

by Anonymousreply 70April 15, 2019 4:04 PM

R70 That's all speculation. The prosecutor tried to find a victim of his from 1993 to 2005. Gavin Arvizo, absolutely not credible, represents the fruits of his vendetta.

by Anonymousreply 71April 15, 2019 4:05 PM

Boosie BadAzz sez Michael Jackson is guilty, and he been thinkin' that before that Neverland, before he saw dat shit.

His daddy said dat shit

Oh, and the victims' parents was hustlin'. "Those parents probably knew their chile was freaky!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2019 7:22 PM

R72 Didn't he just get out jail? Dan Reed must be getting desperate if that's who he's tweeting out support from.

by Anonymousreply 73April 15, 2019 7:29 PM

R46 Celebrities have been saying MJ inspired their music for years

His music didn't inspire anyone because his music was never original it was a copy from real musicians.

by Anonymousreply 74April 17, 2019 11:02 PM

R74 Which real musicians ?

by Anonymousreply 75April 17, 2019 11:04 PM

R75 the ones that Jackson stole from.

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2019 10:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!