Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Difficult People - show on Hulu

I have been watching this - it’s hysterical. Stars Billy Eichner (I forget if we love him) and has amazing guest cameos. Seth Meyers was on an asked Billy if he wanted to jerk off with him at a dog park; Mark Consuelos was on as a hot NJ gay guy and he and Billy kissed (not a stretch there) and so many others. The show is so good and so funny and very genius.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 9:55 AM

I’ve also seen Debbie Harry, Mink Stole, Ken Burns, Tina Fey, Nathan Lane, Kathie Lee Gifford, so many others - and they put them in such funny and sometimes degrading situations - it’s brilliant

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2019 8:45 PM

So happy to hear your amnesia recovery is going well, OP

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2019 9:18 PM

R2 if I were Billy Eichner I’d have a very withering remark for you

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2019 9:42 PM

Yes, it's hysterical. Play a drinking game and take a shot every time they crack a sex pest joke about a celeb whose career ended a couple of years later because of MeToo. Can't believe we used to joke about these things so openly and no one did anything about it.

I screamed when Julie's mom turned up on Will&Grace a couple of episodes ago. I miss seeing her on TV so much.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2019 10:07 PM

When Seth Meyers asked Billy if he wanted to jerk off with behind the building at the dog park I was kind of stunned - I’ve never even considered Seth Meyers attractive or sexy but the look on his face when he asked was so damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2019 12:24 AM

I’m late to this and enjoying it now.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2020 11:59 AM

Does Billy have a glass eye?

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2020 9:21 AM

Loved the first two seasons, but I thought season three was a disappointment. The final episode was good, though.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2020 9:57 AM

Love the episode where they make fun of Woody Allen and his neurotic ticks on some fictional movie set of his.

And they kill Nathan Lane in one episode because of trying to become famous by starting some stupid meme.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2020 10:09 AM

Did Julie get a chin implant between seasons 2 and 3?

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2020 5:59 PM

I loved this show. It was biting and funny and I'm also shocked about all the Kevin Spacey/Bryan Singer jokes they made. Was there ever any blowback from their "people" or did they figure it was on Hulu so no one was watching it anyway?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2020 6:09 PM

My favorite show!

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2020 6:36 PM

I binged it when I discovered it about a year ago. Loved Julie's waspy PBS-employee boyfriend and the episode where Julie tried to get an acting job by pretending to be an Australian doing an American accent and they thought she was mentally handicapped and cast her as such.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2020 6:37 PM

The episode where Julie joins WAWA while she’s filming a Woody Allen movie is one of my favorite episodes of television! Andrea Mumford ❤️ I also love the trans truther!

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2020 6:43 PM

R5

I've heard from people who have seen him in person that Meyers is much hotter offscreen than on. Something about the camera doesn't do him justice.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2020 6:50 PM

R13 The Patches episode is one of the funniest episodes of a TV show I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2020 6:55 PM

I usually bitch about people who go on "We Love This Thing!" threads to be negative but....

I hate this show.

I hate Billy Eichner (smug and unfunny)

I hate the woman (also smug and even less funny)

I watched more than one episode of this mess (roommate liked it) and just want to slap all of them...including the roommate.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2020 7:14 PM

Nobody cares r17! Let the adults talk now!

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2020 7:32 PM

I'm a sucker for a hairy chest so I'd give Eichner a shot even if he's not the man of my dreams. Loved Cole Escola as the smarmy little cafe co-worker.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2020 7:56 PM

I find Eichner very attractive. He seems like he'd be nasty in bed.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2020 8:00 PM

The humor comes from how repulsive the two main characters are. They are terrible people who do terrible things and their failures are all earned.

However, Eichner as the object of desire for so many men on the show is ridiculous. He is really gross.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2020 11:37 PM

I loved the bit where Andrea Martin thought her dentist was trimming her bangs while she was sedated.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2020 11:38 PM

No he’s not, r21!

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Love this show. Billy and Julie are such great examples of sad dirtbags. Laugh out loud funny. However, I agree that Billy Eichner being a hot commodity is laughable. He’s talented and funny as hell, but looks are not his strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2020 12:00 AM

My face was the "old timey" ep guest starring John Mulaney as Billy's love interest. Mulaney is so convincing as being gay...imagine that! The eps worh John Cho were good as well, but it's hard to imagine him putting up with Billy's shit.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2020 12:08 AM

Billy is a DLer.

Hi Billy!

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2020 12:37 AM

Congrats on losing so much fat between seasons one and two, Billy.

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2020 9:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!