Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyoncé, Jay-Z to Be Honored at the 30th Annual GLAAD Awards

Previous honorees include Britney Spears, Kerry Washington, Cher, Elizabeth Taylor, and Eric McCormack. by Lamar Dawson 6h ago

This year’s GLAAD Media Awards will recognize Beyoncé and Jay-Z for being longtime allies of supporters of the LGBTQ community, according to a just-released statement from the media advocacy organization.

“Beyoncé and Jay-Z are global icons and passionate defenders of human rights and acceptance for all people,” said GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis. “When Beyoncé and Jay-Z speak, the world becomes inspired and when it comes to LGBTQ people, their voices of acceptance have been heard loud and clear. We could not be prouder to stand with them to send a message of love during the biggest LGBTQ event in the world and to honor their work to bend the arc of justice forward for LGBTQ people, people of color, and marginalized communities everywhere.”

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Roc Nation Bey and Jay will receive GLAAD’s Vanguard Award, which is presented to allies who have made a significant difference in promoting acceptance of LGBTQ people. Previous Vanguard Award honorees include Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington, Cher, Janet Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor, Antonio Banderas, Demi Lovato, Whoopi Goldberg, Eric McCormack, and Britney Spears.

Last year, Jay-Z received a GLAAD Special Recognition Award for his song and music video, “Smile,” featuring his mother Gloria Carter who used the song to come out as a lesbian. The lyrics and video poignantly share the powerful story of Ms. Gloria Carter, who accepted the GLAAD Media Award from journalist Robin Roberts.

Jay has featured queer people in his other music videos including an appearance by Janet Mock “Family Feud” which opens with a quote from James Baldwin. Jay also famously supported the passage of marriage equality, noting it was “the right thing to do as a human being.”

Besides providing the gays with a bounty of bops to twerk to in dance clubs across the planet, Queen Bey has used her platform to champion LGBTQ equality, acceptance, and visibility. She’s spoken out against discriminatory laws in North Carolina, celebrated the passage of marriage equality, and including LGBTQ in her music videos and campaigns including her video for “All Night” and her Ivy Park athleisure line which featured Laverne Cox as one of the featured models.

The 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards honor media for fair, accurate, and inclusive representations of LGBTQ people and issues. Events will be held in Los Angeles on Thursday, March 28 and in New York City on Saturday, May 4.

GLAAD previously announced that Sean Hayes will receive the Stephen F. Kolzak Award during the Los Angeles event. Ross Mathews will host the event and special guests will include the cast of Netflix’s Queer Eye, Allison Janney (I, Tonya), Nico Santos (Superstore, Crazy Rich Asians), Jameela Jamil (The Good Place), Shangela (A Star is Born, RuPaul’s Drag Race) and Dan Reynolds of Imagine Dragons.

GLAAD previously announced 151 nominees for the 30th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in 27 categories, including an inaugural category for Outstanding Video Game, along with Kids & Family Programming, Comedy and Drama Series, Documentary, Reality Series, Music Artist, Comic Book, print, broadcast, and online news, and five Spanish-language categories. For the first time ever, the GLAAD Media Awards’ Outstanding Film – Limited Release category expanded from five to ten nominees as a result of a welcomed increase in fair, accurate, and inclusive LGBTQ images in film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2019 4:11 AM

Vintage gossip: “Jay-Z. Bi______. Nice guy. Reported to be HIV+. Linked with Beyonce.“

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2019 7:25 PM

GLAAD = Garrulous Lousy Asinine & Always Delusional

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2019 7:28 PM

they have done zip for gays and lesbians, ever. this is very stupid

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2019 7:28 PM

Where are the gays and lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2019 7:29 PM

Someone should tell them that Elizabeth Taylor is dead.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2019 7:31 PM

R4 GLAAD are only interested in fawning over breeders who do nothing, trannys who shit all over us and that is it. Of course Mediaopolis are totally up there ass so expect this thread to be deleted bloody quickly

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Bought and paid for. His mother finally came out so now he’s a champion for gay rights? The same way she is now an avowed feminist? And wasn’t she an on the record homophobe early in her career? He is an Elmer Fudd sounding motherfucker. And she’s just country bumpkin stupid. Fuck the both of them. With a Made in China gold-plated dildo.

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Do not support GLAAD. There are actual good people in the world who do good things for gays and lesbians. These two are not those people. Nothing but a PR stunt for attention. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2019 7:47 PM

So Jay-Z never used "faggot" in his songs? I thought that was table stakes for street cred.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2019 7:56 PM

I guess since Beyonce has made a bunch of songs that cater to women, we as gay men are supposed to consider her a gay rights champion...ya, not happening.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2019 8:06 PM

Of course GLAAD will honor a glorified pimp. C'mon now, you're not American unless you worship money-grubbing fame whores. Will they bestow Bruce Jenner something soon? Something glittery in bullshit-yellow?

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2019 8:48 PM

Why aren't they called TRAAD now?

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2019 8:51 PM

Jay -Z and Beyonce deserve reparations!

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2019 9:06 PM

Presented without comment.

source: users.ox.ac.uk/~sfos0060/LGBT_figures.shtml

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2019 9:12 PM

I have no issue with Beyoncé and JZ so I won’t trash them.

But yes, it would be nice for GLAAD to recognize actual gay people for a change.

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2019 9:55 PM

These are both transsies. Jaycee is a ftm and Beyonce is mtf. This is part of their Luminati agenda. Seriously. They’re trans.

by Anonymousreply 16March 11, 2019 9:59 PM

And remember, transez are 0.001% of the population of LGBTQs etc.

by Anonymousreply 17March 11, 2019 10:28 PM

One of jay z s old tricks said his dick is so huge that it doesn't get fully hard. Big and sloppy like a leg of a panty hose filled with sand.

by Anonymousreply 18March 11, 2019 10:30 PM

Is this Jay Z's coming out ball?

by Anonymousreply 19March 11, 2019 10:32 PM

R7 tell us how you really feel.

R18 gross.

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2019 2:02 AM

This is the same starfucking organization that honored Bill Clinton - you know, the man who birthed both DOMA and DADT.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2019 2:13 AM

This is sad. GLAAD was relevant and effective at one point but I guess you'd have to be an eldergay to remember that time..

by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2019 2:20 AM

r15 sorry they only recognize Trans.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2019 2:25 AM

Is Beyonce "special"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2019 2:32 AM

When was the last time they gave an actual homosexual this award?

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2019 2:57 AM

She deserves an award because she has provided the gays with a bounty of bops to twerk to in clubs all over the planet. Musto. Paging Michael Musto.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2019 7:34 AM

I guess its to sell tickets.

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2019 6:16 PM

Ah yes, let's give an award to the guy who rapped "That’s gay, I ain’t into liking dudes no way" and "faggots hate when you gettin’ money like athletes"

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2019 8:36 PM

Yes, R27. It's simple. Bait donors with high-priced celebrity meet & greets at the pre-dinner VIP reception. $5,000 a pop.

Other donors pay $10,000 for a table of ten, send their token gay employees to sit at the table, get a full-page ad in the program, and a shiny award to display in the corporate headquarters.

I attended a few GLAAD awards shows years back (on someone else's dime) and it was tacky, bloated, self-serving and too long.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2019 9:30 PM

Is it true that Jay-Z is still a drug dealer?

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2019 9:33 PM

R30 would he really need to?

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2019 2:17 AM

"One of jay z s old tricks said his dick is so huge that it doesn't get fully hard. Big and sloppy like a leg of a panty hose filled with sand."

So Jay-Z is unable to pound sand?

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2019 2:21 AM

Don't forget, I did sing 'If I Were a Boy'

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2019 3:35 AM

they are not even good at what they do - and they're practically illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2019 3:35 AM

R14 makes me sad.

And I like Bey. But a gay icon? Wouldn't Gaga be the better choice?

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2019 3:52 AM

R35 I was wondering if maybe they'd choose Gaga next time.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2019 10:15 AM

Does Gaga have lyrics like these?

“What you gay? Nigga Jay straight like Indian hair” – From “2 Many Hoes”

“And since you infatuated with sayin’ tha gay shit” – From “Super Ugly”

“Had niggas mad for real like ‘I wish he was gay'”- From “Hey Papi

“Hate a nigga like that faggot, get your own”- From “Lucky Me”

“That’s gay, I ain’t into liking dudes no way”- From “La La La (Excuse Me Again)”

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2019 10:42 AM

Fuck them. They SHOULD honor HOWARD STERN, but of course, they won't because THAT would be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2019 12:08 PM

They're running out of people who like us. Next year: Joyce Dewitt.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2019 2:06 PM

GLAAD is just a pack of useless star fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2019 2:35 PM

This is intersectional B.S. by the new leadership. J&B haven't done squat for gays.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2019 2:45 PM

Do. Not. Support. GLAAD. Unlike them on Facebook. Unfollow them on Twitter & IG. Avoid their website. Let them know they do not have gays & lesbians feeding into their betrayal and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2019 3:03 PM

The rumor is that Jay enjoys being a drug dealer since It gives him access to big celebrities. He knows that he’ll never get arrested.

You’re more likely to be invited to spend an all-expenses covered week on ‘Mr. X’s private island if you bring a steady supply of high quality drugs for the host and his other guests.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2019 3:36 PM

Just lovely..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2019 3:52 PM

They barely do anything for African Americans, let alone stuff for gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2019 4:01 PM

Will Beyonce wear pants?

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2019 4:14 PM

Does this count??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2019 4:19 PM

What's a Beyoncé?

by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2019 4:23 PM

Is this a joke? They are shitty people. They deserve nothing.

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2019 4:34 PM

This is what happens when people choose to make ghetto trash into their role models.

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2019 8:13 PM

Beyonce barely even recognizes that gay people exist, much less her gay fans. Frankly, I think she's slightly homophobic in private.

Jay's mother is a lesbian, so I guess they're giving him an award for that.

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2019 9:49 PM

I don't think Beyonce is homophobic, she has worked with many gay people (designers, male dancers, lesbian musicians, etc.).

As someone above said, GlAAD is now only trans and drag queens anyway.

by Anonymousreply 52March 14, 2019 12:25 AM

[Quote] Jay's mother is a lesbian, so I guess they're giving him an award for that.

I did not know that.

by Anonymousreply 53March 14, 2019 9:37 AM

So he's lesbian-adjacent. He still write virulently homophobic lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 54March 14, 2019 11:09 PM

Why not honor worthy gays and lesbians? Not this talent-free trash.

by Anonymousreply 55March 14, 2019 11:16 PM

R55 because they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2019 10:00 AM

There’s so many other people they could have choosen....

by Anonymousreply 57March 15, 2019 10:57 AM

Actually, their list of token honorees must be diminishing if they're down to these two.

by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2019 7:43 PM

... ........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2019 4:22 PM

Beyonces speech was actually pretty nice. I didn't know she had a gay uncle who died of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2019 4:23 PM

Red Lobster?

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2019 5:32 PM

The name itself...GLAAD.... is hypocrisy at its height...with all their trans rhetoric it amounts to gay cleansing....and they dont care. The narcissists who support them dont care as long as they receive adoration in the form of a meaningless award.

by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Jay Z's mom is a lesbian.

He had a song called Smile on his last album about supporting his mom and how Love is love.

It is total BS. He only did that song for political points. He used to use homophobic lyrics in the past.

Beyonce is a dingbat who has never gone to bat for LGBT either. In fact, she said something homophobic about the VMA Madonna/Britney kiss once upon a time. She said that it was against her religion. Her family were also known Republicans in Texas.

Actually, I would rather Kanye West get a GLAAD award over Beyonce/Jay. He's said alot of shit but he's never said anything homophobic in his lyrics like Jay Z and Eminem. In fact, I think he was one the first to openly support gay rights in hip hop back in like 2005. He supported hip hop taking a more metrosexual fashion style. He got raked over the coals for this and got called Gay Fish by South Park.

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2019 5:45 PM

R60, yes and her uncle was left to die alone in hospice care and rarely got visited by family.

She's lying

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2019 5:47 PM

I feel like clocking all the duplicitous celebs I follow on social media who attended and lick Jay Z and B.'s asses, but I won't.

Seething with mild resentment while scrolling Twitter is easier.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2019 5:55 PM

they're both stupid and untalented. their careers are all based on hype. I don't like a single track either one has done.

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2019 6:08 PM

She looks nice with the darker hair. But also the spitting image of Tina.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2019 7:34 PM

... minus the talent.

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2019 9:03 PM

R68 what is Tina Knowles talented at?

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2019 9:31 PM

Tina Turner

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2019 9:41 PM

I think Kelly Rowland deserve this award more than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2019 9:54 PM

Im dreading when that little ass-faced daughter of theirs starts popping up on TMZ attempting to be a thing.

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2019 10:06 PM

GLAAD are like those gays desperate to be liked by straights. Not my cup of tea. “I mean, he played a gay guy in a movie, and he’s straight” or “He is accepting of his wife’s friend who is gay” or “He said something nice about gay people in an interview, once” Puh-leeze!

I like Beyoncé and Jay-Z, btw. He, especially, stuck his neck out taking a stand against homophobia in what is still a bigoted genre because his mother came out as lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 73March 30, 2019 12:22 AM

R71 agreed!

by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2019 2:11 AM

R64 - interesting (and sad). Source, please??

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2019 4:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!