Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Experiences with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2019 12:50 PM

No one?

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2019 1:52 AM

I'd think brain damage would be a major clue.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2019 1:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2019 2:00 AM

I recently read "There, There" which had a character that was really self-conscious about his face due to FAS so I looked it up. I wouldn't ever be able to notice someone who had it...there are so many different types of people in the world! Who could clock it without being specifically aware of the disorder?

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2019 2:16 AM

It's very obvious to those of us who are in medicine or have any kind of education beyond post secondary, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2019 2:18 AM

R5, right most post-secondary education focuses on birth defects. So true.

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2019 2:24 AM

I knew a woman with it, she had a ton of problems and always some crazy drama with her. She would be super nice and baking you something (which I always threw out, didn't trust her) or she would be making some crazy accusation like once she told some people I wanted to kill her. I didn't quite know what was wrong with her until a friend pointed out to me that her facial features were very FAS. She had told me her parents were alcoholics, but I don't think she knew she had it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2019 2:30 AM

R7 you should have told her while you were throwing out her baked goods, to get all the bad news out at once.

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2019 2:32 AM

Textbook example of FAS. yet CPS chose to look the other way -

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2019 2:35 AM

^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2019 2:37 AM

Lol r8, but I always thought her super nice persona was her trying to get me to eat something poisonous, since she had accused me of wanting to kill her.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2019 2:37 AM

Some IDIOT doctors dispute FASD.

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2019 2:40 AM

r12, are you shocked? There are idiot doctors that dispute basic biology.

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2019 2:51 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2019 8:18 AM

Can you show us other celebrities who have facial indicators of this because I feel like a lot of people have low nose bridges and wide slightly downturned eyes.

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2019 8:26 AM

Jade Goody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2019 8:37 AM

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is the poster child for FAS. Her photos are in the medical textbooks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2019 9:06 AM

FAS lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2019 9:20 AM

Is this the latest disease to excuse bad behavior?

by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2019 9:45 AM

I believe my gay uncle had it. His mother was an alcoholic, and he was born about 8 years after her other children. By that time the father was out of the picture (mostly) and they lived in poverty.

He exhibited similar characteristics to OP's pic: thick lips; bulbous nose; wonky eyes. He started out working in a factory, then became a dishwasher most of his life. Sort of a town character: dyed his hair red and walked around barefoot a lot. Not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2019 10:53 AM

r19

My threads hurt

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2019 12:15 PM

There was this thread a while back. Rendered basically useless as posters couldn't be bothered to post a photo of the celebrity/z lister they were pointing the finger at. Others were just totally off the mark. But there are a couple of notables. Lisa Vanderpump has a rather clear case. You can't unsee it. Look for reply 43

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2019 12:25 PM

Sorry, here's the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2019 12:26 PM

After the reconstructive surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2019 12:35 PM

I thought FASD had profound mental challenges? I know two, one volunteered with me for an arts org. He was in his 20's, but had the mentality of a 14 y.o. The other one is a cousin who now in his 30's, functions at the level of a 3 or 4 y.o. and has been institutionalized his entire life. In both instances, I knew the mother. They were both active alcoholics and drank liberally during their pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2019 12:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!