Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING NEWS: Dirty ex-congressman (and notorious cockgobbler) Aaron Schock WALKS FREE!

All felony counts against him DROPPED. (Fucking idiot prosecutors...)

"For years, former congressman Aaron Schock has poured millions of dollars into a seemingly hopeless legal battle to stay out of prison on charges of public corruption, fraud, and theft of government funds. On Wednesday, Schock emerged almost completely victorious, striking a stunning deal to avoid facing trial for what once seemed like a straightforward case of a public official using elected office to line his own pockets.

The announcement that federal prosecutors were dropping all felony charges against Schock in exchange for payment of money owed to the IRS, appeared to halt the Illinois Republican’s free-fall from grace, leaving reporters, court-watchers, and advocates for ethics in government stunned. How did so clear-cut a case go so wrong for prosecutors—and so right for Schock?

According to former federal prosecutors, sources close to the case, and Schock’s legal team, the ex-congressman got off by a mixture of prosecutorial sloppiness, ambiguously worded corruption statutes, and an unwillingness by the U.S. attorney in Chicago to defend the actions of Schock’s initial prosecutors on appeal."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 5:34 AM

He better find himself a sugardaddy before the looks completely go. Clearly expects to live a certain lifestyle and I doubt he's smart enough to make that money on his own,.

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2019 6:11 AM

Did we know that prosecutors made "distasteful" inquiries into the Cockgobbler's homosex life?

"Schock’s attorneys hounded prosecutors and federal investigators for alleged misconduct throughout the case’s four-year history, from asking misleading questions during grand jury testimony to what they called 'distasteful and offensive' inquiries into the ex-congressman’s sex life.

'The government has investigated nearly every facet of Mr. Schock’s professional, political, and personal life,' Schock’s defense attorneys wrote in a 2017 motion to dismiss the charges. 'This even includes his sex life. It is no secret that there has long been speculative gossip in the media about Mr. Schock’s sexual orientation. For no apparent reason, the government has felt itself compelled to investigate this too.'"

(Back in the reality-based world, there was very much apparent reason to investigate: Schock was allegedly fucking the rural-Texas photographer he hired to "work" for him FULL-TIME - on the taxpayer's dime!)

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2019 6:12 AM

No one can understand why the Feds are just giving him a slap on the hand.

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2019 6:13 AM

Subtle:

"As the case dragged on for years, Schock built a life for himself in Los Angeles, where a source socially acquainted with the former congressman told The Daily Beast that he is living in a small Beverly Hills apartment, working on converting an office building near Los Angeles International Airport into a luxury hotel.

Schock slowly eased his way back onto social media in true Instagram fashion—pretending that one’s life is perfect and fabulous while a million fires rage out of control behind the camera. The ex-congressman, who was burning through more than $4 million in campaign funds for a high-quality legal team, posted stories of himself heli-skiing in British Columbia, visiting temples in India, and flexing shirtless after Barry’s Bootcamp classes in West Hollywood...

'He literally goes to Barry’s in Venice and WeHo every day,' said a person friendly with Schock in Los Angeles. 'I think he’s just living his life.'" (Person friendly with Schock = obvious fuckbuddy)

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2019 6:15 AM

It's frustrating that this self-loathing closet case got away with it.

I still haven't forgotten stuff like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2019 6:16 AM

You don't understand why a corrupt Republican isn't being prosecuted during the Trump administration?

Really?

Now if Mueller had gotten his hands on Miss Downton Abbey...

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2019 6:18 AM

He would done SO well in Jail.

by Anonymousreply 7March 14, 2019 3:11 AM

Did anyone think he was going to jail??

by Anonymousreply 8March 14, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote]unwillingness by the U.S. attorney in Chicago to defend the actions of Schock’s initial prosecutors on appeal.

Lest we remember that cheeto swept away all US attorneys and replaced them with the usual quality level of all his appointments - not to mention their rabid political biases.

by Anonymousreply 9March 14, 2019 3:17 AM

[quote] Did anyone think he was going to jail??

I did. I feel like the most naive b*tch in all of Salt Lake City. I am stunned he got off.

by Anonymousreply 10March 14, 2019 4:11 AM

Shun this slimy motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2019 4:35 AM

I graduated from the same university as Schock and it prepares you well for beating charges like this. Maybe I should run for Congress? Although I don't like in Peoria anymore...

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 4:41 AM

R10, I'm not that surprised he got away with it.

We had a lot of previous threads on this topic, and it was apparent that the prosecutors were taking forever to get their case together and that the judge was getting fed up.

He's a nasty little bitch -- check out the video I posted of him above.

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2019 5:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!