Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did you end your meth use?

Cold turkey?

Slowly?

With medical help?

Is there sex after meth?

by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2019 9:27 PM

G and poppers did it for me

by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2019 3:29 PM

Ran out.

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2019 3:32 PM

I died under the disco light.

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2019 3:44 PM

never started

by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2019 3:48 PM

Switched to LSD.

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2019 4:04 PM

I used meth to lose weight, once I lost the weight I stopped.

by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2019 4:04 PM

Fisted to death R3?

by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2019 4:16 PM

R7, yep. It was the fistway to heaven!

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2019 4:31 PM

Cold turkey and promise to never do it again and never go near the triggers again

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2019 5:09 PM

If you're asking the kind of questions you are, OP, it sounds serious. Seek professional help.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2019 5:16 PM

Ran out of cash

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2019 6:22 PM

Courage. ™

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2019 6:39 PM

Tell us more about the meth diet, r6.

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2019 6:44 PM

tom faulk was on the meth diet, but bitch didn't die just got sent to jail.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2019 7:04 PM

I opened this thread just to look for a Chris Burrous comment and R1 didn't disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2019 7:10 PM

R13, the meth diet just involved doing a big snort of crystal meth in the morning before going to work. The drug is so strong that it lasts about 12 hours, and during that time you are really just not hungry. Pretty much works the way prescription diet pills (amphetamines) use to when doctors would just prescribe them for that purpose.

I dont like speedy drugs since they make me really anxious and unhappy, but they certainly work for totally turning off my appetite.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Lose weight and gain an addiction!

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2019 6:18 PM

People here are goody two shoes. Nobody here uses meth.

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2019 6:20 PM

I never did meth, but I did have a nasty little coke habit for about a year in my 20s. I remember an eldergay telling me at the time, "Coke will eat you alive."

Luckily I was too poor to keep the habit up. Also, one day I realized I had started to feel like I was coming down all the time -- even when I hadn't used coke for days or even weeks. I knew I had to stop messing up my brain.

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2019 6:23 PM

My pimp put me in the hospital, and then a nun prayed with me.

by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2019 6:40 PM

How did you come out of your meth psychosis? I know someone who is completely deranged on meth and doesn’t even know who he is. How do you come out of that?

by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2019 6:56 PM

Not everything is fixable.

by Anonymousreply 22March 8, 2019 6:57 PM

When I did meth once every morning for a few months I never developed an addiction. Perhaps because I really dislike uppers/speed, so I knew I was just using it as a diet aid and not for fun. Its a gross drug, but it really does keep you from feeling hungry.

by Anonymousreply 23March 11, 2019 6:35 PM

We don't do meth on The DataLounge

by Anonymousreply 24March 11, 2019 6:37 PM

I should never dream of doing so vulgar a substance.

by Anonymousreply 25March 11, 2019 6:40 PM

What would Lady Grantham take?

by Anonymousreply 26March 11, 2019 6:49 PM

[quote] When I did meth once every morning for a few months I never developed an addiction.

Did it make you horny?

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2019 4:41 PM

[quote]How did you end your meth use?

The same way I stopped beating my wife.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2019 4:43 PM

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2019 4:45 PM

Is it additive? Can you just stop if you want to?

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2019 6:05 PM

Meth is extremely addictive if you have an addict mentality and the sex was unbelievable but also treacherous.

I quit when I realized I did irreparable damage to my body and messed up at work badly and came really close to getting fired. You’ll need a lot more than thoughts and prayers to quit. Try CMA.

by Anonymousreply 31March 12, 2019 6:12 PM

What’s CMA? Why did you almost get fired? Were you a different person, personality changed with meth? Did you realize you were acting out or not realize it at all?

by Anonymousreply 32March 12, 2019 7:22 PM

I knew I had to quit after I let a poz guy cum in me twice. Meth makes you believe at that moment, that's the hot thing to do

Thankfully I didn't get HIV (he was likely undetectable) ,but it scared me straight.

by Anonymousreply 33March 12, 2019 7:31 PM

I'm a casual meth user. Ony three or four times a week. (Plus weekends.)

It makes me feel good. Why would I want to end it?

Some of you are too weak to handle it, but I'm not.

I'm fucking Superman!

Jealous, bitches?

Look, it helps me get through my rough patches.

I'll go clean when I need to.

You don't know me. Okay?

Back off, cunts.

You won't like me when I'm angry.

Stop pissing me off.

by Anonymousreply 34March 12, 2019 7:46 PM

Meth makes cute guys toothless and makes them look old and haggard.

by Anonymousreply 35March 12, 2019 8:16 PM

"When I did meth once every morning for a few months I never developed an addiction." Did it make you horny?

No it didn't make me horny, in fact not at all kind of the reverse. Uppers just make me feel uncomfortable, not sexy, not happy, just cold, unhappy, anxiety. BUT.... not hungry!

by Anonymousreply 36March 12, 2019 11:23 PM

I snorted meth in 1975 and went to Hall and Oates. During Sara Smile, I was like "" Come on boys , lets pick it up a little!"

by Anonymousreply 37March 12, 2019 11:26 PM

People respond differently to drugs. I've been a recreational meth user for decades (opiates are my real weakness). These days I'll use once every couple months (for a filthy long weekend w/ bf). I only use it occasionally because it takes me days to recover from a meth weekend. Meth isn't physically addictive but can be VERY psychologically habit-forming for some people. R21, catching up on sleep and rest will resolve most meth psychosis - it's largely a result of sustained sleep deprivation. Meth does super-charge the libido but I find meth sex with strangers is usually disappointing - with a trusted bf or fb though? Pig-heaven. If you can't stop on your own, find a support group or therapist, spend time with people who don't use, and try to avoid triggers that cause you to use. Take up some mild exercise (to help you sleep) and try to keep yourself occupied. Be kind to yourself. I imagine there are online communities (on reddit, etc.) that will also provide support and encouragement for those trying to stop their illicit drug use.

by Anonymousreply 38March 12, 2019 11:55 PM

I have done the drug here and there for years. Best way to end your use? Don't buy another bag. Maybe you will crave it for a day or two, but it goes away quickly for some (others have a harder time with it). You certainly do loose weight on the drug, but it takes a toll on your body and yes - the sleep deprivation is a killer. Since I work a job that requires 60+ hours a week - I don't have the luxury to use it very often. Coke is less harsh for me - but costs a Hell of a lot more. This is primarily because meth is so much more effective and lasts so much longer. That said, I prefer coke. An 8 ball of meth can last most normal (not crazy heavy users - just a typical guy) months. THAT is the problem. It's hard to keep coke around because you want to use it all and it is gone in a couple of days. Meth not so much - but that can lead to using it when you really shouldn't be. Brush and floss your teeth like your life depends on it when you do use. The stimulant will stop saliva production in your mouth and leave you open to rotten teeth quickly. This is a nasty side effect and very real. It isn't the acids and toxins that most ignorant people talk about - but no matter the reason - protect your teeth. I'm not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2019 2:14 AM

[italic]End[/italic] it...?

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2019 2:19 AM

The teeth are affected mostly by heavy grinding and the resulting gum loss from long term use. Dry mouth can exacerbate these issues, but the teeth don’t really “rot.” Those fears are just from those ridiculous pictures of dumb hillbillies that already had preexisiting terrible oral hygiene. You’re not going to find upscale gay men with oral rot from meth unless they’ve become homeless for many years, and they’ll probably be dead from overdose or AIDS or murder before that ever happens. The teeth things is a scare tactic.

That being said, meth is a horrible fucking drug. Don’t even do it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2019 3:02 AM

I should have said “gum recession from heavy grinding” not gum loss.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2019 3:03 AM

I have never done any sort of drug, or marijuana, ever.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2019 3:36 AM

The metabolism rate is slow with meth. After you use it for sex, for example, you still have to wait for it "to go away." It also became boring to use and I quit. I never felt it had any addictive aspect to it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2019 3:39 AM

Did meth by accident one time when I was 19. My best friend and I bought it thinking it was coke (which we had only done once previously). When it didn't give you that cocaine high? We just kept doing more. Idiots, for sure. So we did the whole the baggie in like two hours.

I was up for four days. Sweated out like 10 pounds. Thought I was losing my mind. And that was the end for me!

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2019 3:44 AM

R45 - coke is a much better high for sure. And yes - the meth high lasts and last FOREVER with a terrible come-down/hangover. If you are going to use it, I recommend just using a tiny bit (enough to make the sex exciting) and stop. The problem is that you then have a bunch left over and get tempted to use it more often than you should.

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2019 3:53 AM

I'm currently using meth for the same reason most people do: to lose/maintain a certain weight. The hyperfocus it gives me is a blessing and a curse. Like on it I'm very content with whatever I'm doing. Like right now I'm sitting in my car in a parking lot. I've been here for 4 hours. My plan was to go to the gym and have this contentment feeling while working out and then run all my errands but instead I'm in my car. Meth basically wasted my whole day when I was expecting it to make me productive. And this is from snorting 3-4 key bumps a day. Every day, when I'm stuck like this, I blame it on me losing my high and that another bump will make me productive. It rarely happens. I don't crave it, but I FEEL incredibly lazy and hungry and annoyed while off of it and I don't know if I just feel annoyed cuz I'm so used to feeling content while high that a normal state of mind is so ”meh” or if meth has made my brain ”crave” it by giving me mood swings while not on it. Anyway, my point is, for whatever reason you use it, try to find an alternative cuz meth doesn't always work the way we need it to. In fact, in my experience, it only works how I want it to maybe 10% of the time. Really not worth it. I'm only speaking based off my current use of it.

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2019 4:27 AM

Ran low on cash / I had a heart attack / My dealer died. A fairly convincing trio.

Note, I had never slammed but I actually kept smoking it for a few months after the heart attack!!! Idiot! But then it was cold turkey which, for me, fortunately, wasn't anything awful. (I'd never had any particular post-high come down problems when I was using and feel like, for me, the addiction is/was more psychological than physical.) It's been years since I indulged But I still have meth dreams from time to time and sort of miss how it would make me feel and the kind of sex I could find when using.. I don't have real cravings but it's the only drug that "calls" to me that way. I'm not sure what I would do if I happened to be offered a hit (which probably actually means I'd take it, despite all the obvious reasons not to.) So I also stay away from situations where that's likely to happen.

It's a good drug to avoid or to stop using. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2019 5:23 AM

[quote] An 8 ball of meth can last most normal (not crazy heavy users - just a typical guy) months.

An 8-ball (1/8 of an ounce) is approximately 3.5 grams. I don't think it would last "months."

Dry mouth leads to receding gums, which can lead to bone loss in the mouth. Your gums and bones in your mouth are what anchor your teeth. Not sure if you could say it all leads to teeth "rotting," but I would say it leads to your teeth falling out.

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2019 7:02 AM

CMA is Crystal Meth Anonymous. It’s a mixed blessing in NYC because some guys get caught in a loop of using because there’s hot newcomers that pull them back into using again. It’s a 12 Step program based on AA and it works if you think you have a problem Google for your local meetings.

Meth honestly isn’t a “recreational” drug and is extremely physically addictive and you crave the sexual situations as well. What initially seems like a niche of gorgeous men using together turns dark pretty quick. Most of them are hooked on the meth culture as well, you could lose a decade or two pursuing this kind of lifestyle and think you didn’t have a problem. That’s why it’s so insidious- unlike pot, meth rewires and damages the pleasure receptors in your brain and can cause irreparable damage with long term use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2019 11:47 AM

I ran up and down the wharf in Provincetown screaming “I need to get fucked....RIGHT NOW!!” I became the laughingstock of the entire gay world...and now I eat my protein bento box bullshit from prete a manger and crow about my amazing small town life!!

PS I can’t seem to get clean, so I make up excuses about “doing the work”! I’m a nightmare

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2019 12:37 PM

I have never done meth and will never do it, but I am a kratom addict and I would love to hear from any former kratom addicts how they got off it.

by Anonymousreply 52March 13, 2019 12:48 PM

Come and meth both insidious. A very quick, effective path to loserdom.

by Anonymousreply 53March 13, 2019 12:54 PM

^ coke. Come and “cum” are sometimes insidious too.

by Anonymousreply 54March 13, 2019 12:57 PM

Why would anyone ever get started on some shit that sleazy people whipped-up from products found under the kitchen sink?

by Anonymousreply 55March 13, 2019 1:10 PM

R47 explains a lot of the posts here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 56March 13, 2019 1:41 PM

My oldest friend has struggled for decades with sobriety. Always with alcohol, until this last relapse when he got fucked up on crystal.

Always before, when he got sober, he got things in order and under control. He's now no longer using crystal, but his brain is so badly damaged by the crystal that it's like I'm dealing with another person. Jumpy. Filled with anxiety. Snarky and mean in a way that he never was before. He has been clean for the past two years, but the crystal damage is not going to get any better.

And when he was using, he was nuts. Don't think you can sit in a car in a parking lot for fours and no one notices. Crystal really fucks you up. Everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 57March 13, 2019 2:03 PM

Whatever happened to X? Sex is great on that, and if it's not cut with too much speed, it's totally fun and non addictive.

by Anonymousreply 58March 13, 2019 2:15 PM

When first introduced to Meth, I did it ever two weeks or so--on weekends. The sex was amazing--I did things I never thought I would enjoy, like bottoming.

After about two years of that, I slowed down considerably. The stuff on the street was weaker and I kept hooking up with some truly disgusting people. It just wasn't worth it anymore.

It's been about 5 years since I started and now it's down to one wild weekend per year. It's fun but the weeks after that, I regret that I did it because the after-effects/withdraw last so long--about 2-3 weeks for me.

The last time I did it was about a month ago. I'm getting older. The sex was great but it's time to stop.

The biggest problem with meth is the loss of confidence in having sex without it.

by Anonymousreply 59March 13, 2019 5:58 PM

R58. X, E, Molly---was the best!! The sex on it was fantastic.

I just don't see it much anymore, but I also don't go out as much as I used to.

by Anonymousreply 60March 13, 2019 5:59 PM

[quote]And when he was using, he was nuts.

How was he nuts? What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 61March 13, 2019 10:01 PM

Thanks for the thread, junkie OP. I'm blocking all the meth heads and suddenly, DL is less crazy.

Buh-bye, methies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 13, 2019 10:29 PM

What do you have against meth, R62?

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2019 10:34 PM

Bye, r62 - noone's going to miss you. R50, meth can assume a powerful psychological hold on a person but it is not "extremely physically addictive". If you're going to advise people on the risks associated with illicit drugs, avoid hyperbole and stick to facts.

by Anonymousreply 64March 14, 2019 12:31 AM

How, exactly, does meth enhance sex?

by Anonymousreply 65March 14, 2019 1:00 AM

Why would someone take meth to lose weight. I think I would accept being fat before taking such an extreme drug. I’ve done coke and it didn’t phase me (fine but left me anxious and unable to sleep later) - but meth terrifies me, can’t imagine doing it intentionally to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 66March 14, 2019 3:11 AM

In all honesty, certain drugs are demonized publicly and others are not - it depends on the decade and it's politics. Cocaine was embraced and celebrated back in the late 1970's and most of the early 1980's. Speed freak Nancy Reagan went after it like a dog with a bone and then crack ruined everything (yes, this form of cocaine is far more damaging than the powder variety - but that is another story). Ecstasy was the breakthrough gift to the psychology world when it came to psychiatrists reuniting severed, hateful family and other relationships - just a decade later it was called the scourge of society once one or two club kids forgot to hydrate properly while dancing all night. Meth gets a bad rap as well - very few deaths actually occur and almost no one turns into a toothless, scabbed-up monster after using the drug recreationally. Personally, pot fucks me up far more than any of the above and if I were to get behind the wheel of a car - God forbid. To each their own. I suppose that all drugs are bad. It does make me laugh when I hear ridiculous "facts" from a bunch of queens who have zero actual experience with the drugs that they are demonizing with such an evangelical fervor. Until you have actually experienced a drug - don't tell me about it. Factually, the most dangerous drugs are opiates. I do not demonize them in the slightest, but you do need to pay attention to dosage and sources. Just be careful.

by Anonymousreply 67March 14, 2019 3:36 AM

Except, r67, there are plenty of people in this thread speaking from personal experience. If you want to speak factually, alcohol is the drug with the highest associated economic, social, and health costs. The harms associated with any drug depend as much on its legal status as on any qualities inherent in the drugs themselves.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2019 5:39 AM

Kratom is a sort of “light” opiate that helps people wean off harder opiates like pills and heroin, but it itself is addicting. It has altered my life, and I have to be really careful not to have too much. I want to stop taking it altogether because I hear it can cause liver and kidney damage, and it can exacerbate my anxiety and depression and make me lazy, but currently the withdrawal symptoms are kind of agonizing so I haven’t had any luck quitting it altogether. I’ve reduced my dosages and taken it fewer times throughout the day, but I do have it every single day, starting first thing after getting out of bed in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 69March 14, 2019 5:48 AM

Is there a difference between people who smoke meth and people who inject meth? Do they behave differently? Are there different consequences?

by Anonymousreply 70March 14, 2019 5:53 AM

Thank you for being a gentlemen, R68. I appreciate you. Yes, alcohol likely is the biggest culprit. That said, it has been legal for almost 90 years and is rarely classified as a drug for that reason. Also, people certainly can - but rarely do OD due to alcohol poisoning. It's a long, slow death. Most drugs are. Yes, I do think that some on this thread speak from personal experience (with methamphetamines, etc.), but many do not. It is a wise choice to avoid drug usage, but I find many are rather ridiculous when it comes to classifying and speaking knowledgeably about drugs that they have not actually used. For instance, a line of cocaine or a big puff of Tina pale in a "I'm-fucked-up"comparison to a hit of strong weed for me. I far prefer the uppers, but I am totally and completely trashed on the latter. From a driving or being coherent standpoint - there is no comparison. Again, to each their own - but the double-standard in the drug world does become grating at times for me. Likely, I am letting my anecdotal experiences annoy me. I have friends who stay baked ALL DAY, wake up at night to get high again and can't function in the AM without getting stoned. They are the same ones who demonize me the every 4 to 6 weeks that I snort coke or smoke meth. It's silly really.

by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2019 5:57 AM

R70, I can honestly say that I have never injected and will not give you an answer for that reason. I can tell you however that the only meth fatalities that I have ever really heard of were individuals who injected. I would avoid it. Same goes for injecting cocaine. Or smoking crack. Just stick to the basics and enjoy them for what they are worth.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2019 5:59 AM

Well, you should be demonized. Meth will eventually ruin your life. Everyone should run as far away as possible from meth users.

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2019 5:59 AM

Always been curious about kramtom but hate vomiting.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2019 6:00 AM

Judee Sill died from injecting cocaine and codeine. If you can imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2019 6:01 AM

Kratom has never once upset my stomach, R74. Believe me, I wish it had. It tastes nasty, like a bitter green tea, but there are many ways to mask the taste. Mixing it with fruit juice is the most effective way to do that. I’m hardcore, though, so I just stir a teaspoon into some hot water and chug it like a fiend.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2019 6:02 AM

R73 - It is highly likely that you know TONS of people who use meth or coke sporadically and you would never know it and therefore do not. It is also highly likely that you have no friends at all. The truth is that many can use drugs every now and then and never develop an addiction. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2019 6:03 AM

Does it help with anxiety r76?

by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2019 6:07 AM

I suppose, R78. But only if you take just enough so that you feel energized — it’s similar to coffee in small doses but it does not make you jittery or anxious. In larger doses, it is sedating and can be *too* sedating. Similar to the feeling of getting too stoned on pot and feeling physically uncomfortable as well as nervous. It raises your blood pressure in those instances.

If that happens, all you have to do is eat something and that feeling of being “too high” will go away.

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2019 6:16 AM

Thanks for your insight r79.

by Anonymousreply 80March 14, 2019 6:18 AM

I should reiterate that it IS basically an opioid. It binds to certain opioid receptors in the brain. So you get a mild euphoric feeling. That’s what kept me coming back to it. Really pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2019 6:24 AM

[quote] Meth will eventually ruin your life. Everyone should run as far away as possible from meth users.

I know someone who has life completely crashed at rock bottom. His recovery so far has been incredibly admirable, but he makes absolutely no bones about the fact that it was an experience from the depths of hell.

by Anonymousreply 82March 14, 2019 6:43 AM

How did he recover? How did he get off meth?

by Anonymousreply 83March 14, 2019 6:47 AM

R70, I would say that, by the time you’ve moved into injecting a drug — any drug, you’re addicted. Can’t say if a person would act differently b/c they’ve injected vs. smoked, though.

by Anonymousreply 84March 14, 2019 6:54 AM

[quote] How, exactly, does meth enhance sex?

It keeps you in a continuous state of horniness for hours and hours. You are open to doing sexual things you would never do sober. People stay awake for days and are absolutely insatiable sexually--no amount of fucking or getting fucked is enough. You just need more and more.

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2019 3:44 PM

R70, R84, Meth smoked and Meth injected are like two different drugs. My own experience is that smoking meth has a higher risk of addiction than IVing it. Here's why: repetitive intake, not necessarily total amount, is what strengthens addictive receptors. You might take over 30 hits off a pipe in one night--you would shoot up once, maybe twice.

Meth acts like a selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor. When the drug is released into the system, it sends dopamine neurotransmitters to neuro receptors through neuro pathways. When the receptors are full, the brain closes the pathways and returns the remaining transmitters to their origination point. At this point, the receptors are still overloaded a bit, causing the well-known meth rush. The true rush can only be achieved by injecting meth, a delivery of a great amount of meth in a short period of time before the pathways close.

Smaller amounts of meth via smoking, snorting, ingesting or anal plugging cannot "stack" the amount of dopamine at the receptors to give a rush. Maybe you get a tiny rush, or a good high, but that's it, because that's how the brain works, and it cuts off the smaller amounts before they can react in the same way as an injection. Shooting up meth is not necessarily a last resort move to get more out of your dose. When a person uses the needle, not only do they experience the rush, but a more intense high, and it does feel like you are using a different drug. The high also lasts longer and the need for another shot is reduced. The addiction neurons are only hit once.

by Anonymousreply 86March 14, 2019 3:44 PM

[quote] Is there a difference between people who smoke meth and people who inject meth? Do they behave differently? Are there different consequences?

The acquaintances I have who started injecting are the ones who spiraled out of control-- some lost their friends, jobs, etc. One committed suicide. Injections give you a fast, very intense high. People become ravenously horny immediately. There are lots of injection videos on porn sites like Pornhub or Xvideo. You can watch how it affects them.

Of course, there may be DNA factors why someone let their addiction have such a hold that they needed to go to injections.

The ones who snorted were the ones who were able to stop when they wanted and never do it again or do it infrequently as they got older.

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2019 3:59 PM

My friend attends Meth Anonymous, R83.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2019 4:22 PM

Addiction comes with a built-in denier and a built-in forgetter. R67's post is a model of that phenomenon. What can't be denied can be forgotten.

Go to a social services agency in any major city and see the squeezed-out shells of used-to-be people who never believed crystal meth would get them. Go to Gay Men's Health Crisis and see all the gay men who thought they were being fabulous in the big city until they realized they were chewed up and spit out by crystal meth. And broke. Always broke. And often psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote] My friend attends Meth Anonymous

In NYC, MA was infamous for meth heads to find other meth heads to party with

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2019 4:31 PM

My friend was doing meth on and off and decided to check out Narcotics Anonymous.

He said the men there were so down and out that he realized his life wasn't nearly so bad.

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2019 4:32 PM

r85, Last time a meth thread was around on the DL, there was a horror story of the paramedics finding some guy humping the knob on top of the bannister stairs, grinding his teeth to the extent that he chewed a hole through his cheek.

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2019 5:17 PM

Wow! R92 Most meth users can only dream of getting that high. He must have shot at least a gram of Red Phosphorus.

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2019 6:38 PM

I'm had too quit drinking because I became and addict. And though I only did meth once, I did coke and molly many times and was never even close to addicted. Used them both very sparingly. One of my best friends does meth a few times a years. No biggie.

I certainly don't condone meth us - when it goes bad, there's no worse drug - but some people CAN do it sporadically. Again, I wouldn't. But I tend to be a live and let live sort of guy.

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2019 6:50 PM

Everyone I know who has done meth has ended up with weird paranoia issues.

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2019 7:55 PM

Stoney and I would go over to Buckle's and Puff would turn us on to a hot load of mescaline crumbled into a tumbler of ether with a float of Percocet jimmies. I'd wake up with blood on my ass and then we'd get high. Those were some good times!

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2019 9:22 PM

Buckle's and Puff. Great name for... a recipe? A pop group? A bar? A British boutique?

by Anonymousreply 97March 15, 2019 2:52 PM

I moved 3,000 miles away where I knew nobody who dealt it. It was a nightmare. I couldn't stop. Lost my apartment, my car, my friends.

by Anonymousreply 98March 15, 2019 3:39 PM

While I do meth sporadically (1-2 times a year), I never let it escalate.

I don’t know any dealers so never buy it and limit it to when I’m out of town.

Even then I think the thrill has waned

by Anonymousreply 99March 15, 2019 4:15 PM

Serious question for you casual users. Aren't you scared about being busted in the middle of a drug deal? Wouldn't it ruin your career? That would be a felony. Even if you got away with it, aren't you scared of the people you'd be associating with, blackmailing you, robbing you, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 100March 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Most casual users only buy from an actual friend. I am speaking for myself. I know that he makes a lot of money on the transaction, but it keeps me out of the deal itself and also limits how often I will purchase or use. Not that the stuff is all that addictive anyway - the hangover is too harsh to use it too often.

by Anonymousreply 101March 15, 2019 6:57 PM

So good that we don't have the meth scourge in Europe. Probably because we get the real things. Like Molly. Sex with Molly is incredible but it's more on the cuddly side than the sex monster show of meth. Sex is great on coke but having to keep doing lines every 30 minutes gets old quickly. The only speed I've ever done was amphetamine (speed base) )and it was gross, disappointing and the comedown lasted 12 hours. Thanks, but no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 102March 15, 2019 7:54 PM

I don't get the whole meth is great for sex. Any stimulants (coke, X, etc.) I've done make it damn near impossible to keep an erection, let alone cum. Same goes for some anti-depressants - Celexa & Zoloft killed my ability to stay hard. I'm currently on Prozac and it's been working out for me for a few years now. As far as weight loss goes, I actually gained a LOT of weight when doing coke (though I probably snorted meth a few times in the process.). The depression of coming down off it days afterwards would cause me to impulsively eat more afterwards. I was eventually diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic, and I dropped a lot of weight when prescribed Meformin - total appetite killer, and the Prozac really helped with the anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 103March 15, 2019 7:55 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 104March 15, 2019 7:58 PM

^ I see what you did.

by Anonymousreply 105March 15, 2019 8:02 PM

LSD is the best drug for sex. A very small dose... and off you go!

by Anonymousreply 106March 15, 2019 8:59 PM

To be clear, MDMA/Ecstasy/Molly is a far, far better drug than meth could ever hope to be. It is just a lot harder to come by these days.

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2019 1:55 AM

Ha, r106, you reminded me of a story a friend who told me to never have sex on peyote- you'll be shitting everywhere while you're fucking.

I really can't believe that Ecstasy is difficult to get these days. Is it more expensive to make? Maybe it's not a really addictive drug, so not a lot of repeat buyers.

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2019 6:30 AM

R108 - back when I was a teen, all of the Ecstasy was coming from Amsterdam (or so I was told). As meth can be created anywhere, maybe that is part of the issue? I really don't know and can't claim knowledge about drug cooking. I do know that MDMA really can't be taken on a daily basis (the effects are almost nill after three days of use - even after two days in a row you will not have the same experience). You have to give your body time to allow those receptors to open again. Of course you CAN use it daily - but the effect is minimal after a few days; you are basically wasting your time. As I believe that meth targets the same receptors, I would assume the same - but that doesn't seem to be the case? It seems that tina is a far more addictive drug - and that would seem to dictate daily usage. I have tried all of these drugs and just don't find them very addictive. You are wiped out after use - completely drained. Maintaining your career would be almost impossible. Stimulants really are a "weekend" thing - maybe a few times a year. MDMA is by far the most exciting iMO. It willl change your life, but oddly - you don't crave it. Alcohol and pot (for those that enjoy it) are of a daily usage drug. Stimulants are like a roller coaster - amazing experience but not one that needs to be repeated daily.

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2019 6:48 AM

Opiates are generally the most addictive drugs - your brain chemistry literally changes after very casual use (for some - the first use will cause an intense craving and physical addiction). Extreme opiates can turn off many users, but low dosage opiates are generally loved by all. Unlike stimulants, these drugs rarely leave the sort of severe hangover that cocaine/amphetamines/etc. will undoubtedly cause - so abuse is likely.

by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2019 7:02 AM

I know a former friend that took meth and she convinced herself NYC DJ Junior Vasquez was taunting her, sending encoded messages to her personally inside his music. She also heard the words, “bitch, cunt, pussy” over the music at restaurants where I would take her to eat because she had no money. When I last visited her, I burst out crying because she was living in squalor in an SRO in Weehawken. She was hooking in the city but would get in huge fights with the pimps and still thinks of herself the center of attention, I.e. that all these people would go out of their way to torment her about her herpes, etc. Good times. I love her dearly but had to disconnect because she was always asking for money and was lying about her meth use. I once relapsed (sober for years now) because she had a hot bisexual friend stop by and visit and he had a pipe full of the stuff.

Sooner or later, Tina will take down even the most casual of users and have you begging for your life back.

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2019 7:37 AM

Yeah, the full-time meth users always do seem to be broke. How they keep a job is a mystery - but for anyone who has ever tried the drug, you know that you are very flakey and just not functional while the drug is in your system. And that is a VERY long time. I swear, that stuff lasts for days. When it wears off, you feel like Hell. The come down might take 3 to 4 days.

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2019 7:48 AM

If I was ever curious about meth, this thread has scared me away. Sounds horrible.

by Anonymousreply 113March 17, 2019 3:58 AM

Now all the rich kids are into that ayahuasca stuff. And micro dosing LSD.

by Anonymousreply 114March 17, 2019 5:24 AM

People who use illicit street drugs like meth generally have poor risk assessment skills and at the same time feel emboldened and proud that they don't "feel" addicted like some others. Generally it's only because they have yet to face serious consequences, which informs them to get high more often since they're "strong enough to handle it".

The fact is they're still risking their lives buying unregulated street drugs sold by desperate criminals made from anti-freeze and battery acid and other such ingredients. The same types will always pay a lot extra for "organic" produce I notice, lol. I think using drugs is trashy. Most of them are "need to belong" to the group's whims types and are very weak people. They seem not to care what they're throwing away or risking. Oh, and they're ALL POZ. No methies, please.

by Anonymousreply 115March 17, 2019 6:12 AM

I bought Kratom powder but the taste is so gross I couldn’t get it down.

by Anonymousreply 116March 17, 2019 6:17 AM

There are four “moorings” that keep you tethered safely on this plane of existence. Meth is one of the few drugs that messes with all four of them.

People hear voices because they have a rip in their energy field/aura caused by a surge in the chakra energy. There are doorways to the mind we aren’t progressed enough to open yet, and better left alone.

With certain drugs, the clever blindfold to the truth to our existence all of us wear in this life slips a bit, but it isn’t removed completely until we die.

The eternal purpose behind addiction is recovery. If you think you have a problem, you likely are an addict. It’s your overarching purpose in this particular life to overcome it.

If you don’t? There’s always the next one.

by Anonymousreply 117March 17, 2019 10:19 AM

So many of you guys are talking out of your asses, have never tried the drug or are such insatiable addicts that you MUST intake so much of said drug that your are higher than the Chrysler Building and risking your heart. The reality for many is that meth, coke, MDMA and may others are used occasionally at best and both the hangover and one's actual job responsibilities negate regular usage (also, for most of us the hangover sucks so badly that we don't use very often). R115 - all poz? I actually barely know anyone who is poz. The bottoms like you are all on PREP and us true tops have little to worry about (as far as I know, no true case of a patient who didn't lie about bottoming was ever diagnosed as "poz"). Also, who says that someone one any drug can't use precaution? Female condoms are nice - and what I use to fuck guys in the ass. You are just talking shit and showing your vile personality. This drug is NOT SOOO amazing that it makes you do stupid things the moment it kicks in. Lots of people do stupid things - high, drunk or none of the above. MDMA is amazing, meth is barely exciting. I assume that you have never tried it - and don't have a clue what your are discussing. I find this discussion confusing - that anyone would use something every day JUST because they used it once? I realize that recovering addicts demonize everything - that is part of the 12 steps. Here is the reality - for so many of us, we do not need daily usage of anything. My only vice that I keep in check is not to drink booze every day. That one could be an easy slip as it would just be easy to drink every evening. With the meth hangover, do you really think that most want to take it daily and abuse it? God love those who do, but come on. Most people would not put up with all that pain every day of their life. Meth, coke, MDMA - they are a good time for rare occasions. For many, once you recuperate from a hangover - you have no interest in seeing the shit for months. This might not fit into an addict narrative for some of you - but it is the case for many of us. Very few things are good enough to use daily and be forced to put up with daily HANGOVERS. This is probably why the number of users 1000 times outweigh the number of actual addicts. Take your propaganda elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 118March 17, 2019 11:08 AM

R118, spoken like a true addict.

by Anonymousreply 119March 17, 2019 12:08 PM

Its usually not a good sign that one "needs" drugs to "enhance" sex. The majority of the times I've had incredible sex, it was when I was stone cold sober. Of course there have been times when alcohol and/or pot has lessened my inhibitions and has led to situations where I ended up having some incredible sex, but it wasn't enhanced by the alcohol or pot. I've never done meth, and never will. I've been offered it enough times, and am just not interested. I've read enough info on it and know my body/mind enough to know that I would become totally lost in that pursuit. The experiences I've had in dealing with people who are hooked on meth have been good life lessons in what I will and will not tolerate from someone. The same can go for alcoholics I meet too. I don't deal with either.

R118, in your attempt to normalize your drug usage, you ignore some basic facts about drugs and alcohol. They're not all the same, nor do they affect everyone equally. Sure someone can get drunk or stoned and go out and have unsafe sex, but it's usually going to be just that one time/experience until the next time they get drunk or stoned if they haven't learned. With meth, from what I've seen and read/heard, is that the pleasure receptors are altered, and the need for sex is insatiable. So someone who does meth will seek out unsafe situations over and over until the drug wears off.

I personally don't care about who does what. I do like to know though if someone is an alcoholic or does meth, so then I can stay the hell away from them. All past experiences I've had with people who use meth( occasionally or constantly) have shown them to have some sort of mental illness. Usually paranoia, and in your case grandiose behavior. Your "true top" exclamation is hilarious. Wait until the day you get a good hit and you need dick in your deserving ass. It's coming"...

by Anonymousreply 120March 17, 2019 12:52 PM

How nice to be told "facts" from individuals who have absolutely zero experience with a substance yet are subject matter experts. Here is a FACT - no drug is going to turn a straight man gay, a gay man straight, a bottom into a top, or a top into a bottom, etc. It is true that some drugs lower inhibitions - but a desire must be there to begin with. Do you also believe in unicorns?

by Anonymousreply 121March 17, 2019 7:25 PM

I am not a weak self pitying loser who ever used meth or any drug, alcohol or cigarette in the first place...................that is how.

by Anonymousreply 122March 17, 2019 11:19 PM

R120 - Speaking of "grandiose behavior" - see R122

by Anonymousreply 123March 18, 2019 12:04 AM

I love X, but these days in particular, it's more than often some synthetic drug being sold as X- like MDPV or Mephodrone. Street coke is cut with so much who knows what shit, I won't even bother with it anymore. I wouldn't pay for a ball or a teener if it's just a bunch of crushed up exlax or aspirin or what not.

by Anonymousreply 124March 18, 2019 12:27 AM

Never did it. Hate speed. I’m hyper enough.

by Anonymousreply 125March 18, 2019 1:02 AM

I do meth infrequently— once a year or so.

Sex is over the top but it really affects how I perceive sex without drugs. I got to stop meth

by Anonymousreply 126March 18, 2019 2:17 AM

My army friend still hasn’t and I just had to cut him off. I’m sorry but I can’t help you if you don’t want to help yourself.

by Anonymousreply 127March 18, 2019 2:22 AM

I stopped by never starting.

by Anonymousreply 128March 18, 2019 3:00 AM

[quote]I can tell you however that the only meth fatalities that I have ever really heard of were individuals who injected.

Smoking it gave me an aneurysm once, though I guess my survival may prove your point. And like the guy with the heart attack, yes I've done it a few times since. But I guess the aneurysm more or less explains why I stopped, though I'd already been trying. It is true what some people have said, that the sex is incredible. You'll never have an orgasm as good sober. But I find that the older I get, the less I care about sex or drugs for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 129March 18, 2019 3:14 AM

R118 and R121 are speaking truth. Unfortunately, the rest are relying mostly on anecdotal mistruths. However, there are those who mistreat the drug and pay the price. Meth is definitely a power to be reckoned with. Those who are informed about how the drug affects them and take caution will fare better. For instance, the body must be kept hydrated before, during and after use. Meth leaches the body of metabolites, especially calcium, magnesium, zinc and potassium. Sufficient supplements must be taken. Meth kills the desire to eat. Food should be forced into the body. It's amazing how little withdrawal is suffered by using these tips.

Did you know that your rectum is an erogenous zone? Some people are affected more than others, but after a decent dose of meth, many people feel the need to have this part of the body stimulated. You can blame it on the pudendal nerve that connects to the central nervous system, connecting at the spinal cord and delivering to all of those nerves above the scphincter.

All of those things found under the kitchen sink, like lye and other acid based products that you've heard about are actually used as catalysts with psuedoephedrine and other like substances to move molecules around to make meth. They are then filtered out of the mix before finishing off the meth. People do not shoot up battery acid in their veins.

It's apparent we don't have many chemists in this thread. I spent several years researching the making of and reactions to meth, to maintaining health while using meth. There are about 1,000 pages I published on another forum educating users, known as Harm Reduction, explaining the various aspects of meth use. Unfortunately, I've not had time to put it all in book form--maybe one day. The hope is to keep meth users healthy until which time they may stop using it. Most of them do, by the way, usually by 30 when they have better choices to make.

In communicating with meth users from around the world, I've found a good amount of them use meth recreationally, perhaps a few times a year, without ever getting addicted. We only hear about the people who are addiction-prone, have hardly any understanding of what it does besides get them high. In some countries, like North Korea, meth is used as medicine. Here in the US, there's a watered down version of meth (but definitely meth) called Adderall.

So, I'm asking that before you go deriding something you know very little about, please study up a bit and impress us, rather than show your ignorance of it.

by Anonymousreply 130March 18, 2019 3:23 AM

WW for R130. Thank you for your cognitive opinion!

by Anonymousreply 131March 18, 2019 4:29 AM

[quote]People hear voices because they have a rip in their energy field/aura caused by a surge in the chakra energy.

Uh, you're high now, right? Otherwise you've lost your gay mind with this gibberish!

by Anonymousreply 132March 18, 2019 5:16 AM

r130 researched how to "maintain health while using meth".....hilarious.

Why not research "Safe Drunk Driving" for your next essay?

by Anonymousreply 133March 18, 2019 5:29 AM

[quote]Did you know that your rectum is an erogenous zone? Some people are affected more than others, but after a decent dose of meth, many people feel the need to have this part of the body stimulated.

Is this true for straight guys too?

by Anonymousreply 134March 18, 2019 5:38 AM

R134 Over the years many people have asked this question and yes, it affects anyone with an asshole, male, female, gay or straight. To what degree seems to be the question we can't answer, as some appear more receptive than others. The big question, usually by a straight male who had the feels and maybe received anal sex is, Does Meth Turn You Gay? The answer is NO. However, it does unearth deep down primal sexual response with some. We can only tell them they now have a wider range of sexual pleasure. Meth isn't the only drug to activate the rectal erogenous zone, but perhaps the most pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 135March 18, 2019 5:48 PM

Hey, methies! Now you have your own clothing brand!

Because being a pathetic addict doesn't mean you have to dress like a slob!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 18, 2019 6:06 PM

Tee-rash

by Anonymousreply 137March 21, 2019 12:04 AM

The most obvious meth-heads you pollyannas think of whenever you hear the word are usually users with significant co-morbid factors compounding the harms of their drug use, such as poverty, mental illness, social marginalization, etc. r107/r124 Chinese factories are pumping out semi-legal precursors for molly - the world is awash with decent X at the moment (ask any young party people).

by Anonymousreply 138March 21, 2019 5:33 AM

DL keeps showing me that recovery ad, I feel very profiled.

by Anonymousreply 139April 17, 2019 9:07 PM

Meth is probably the only thing that Flyover State Trumpsters and gay men have in common.

by Anonymousreply 140April 17, 2019 9:16 PM

Meth and Aaron Schock

by Anonymousreply 141April 17, 2019 9:23 PM

earrings

by Anonymousreply 142April 17, 2019 9:27 PM

CAFTANS!

by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2019 9:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!