Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

90210 gossip

In the wake of Luke Perry's death, some questions:

Only Shannen, Ian Ziering and Gabrielle Carteris have spoken about his death. Jason Priestley, Brian Green, Jennie and Tiffani Thiessen haven't uttered a single word about him.

Why isn't Shannen part of the upcoming 90210 faux reality?

After the Lifetime "Unauthorized 90210", I remember Jason implying that Shannen was a bitch (which she was, but still). So, were Shannen and Luke the outcasts? I know Shannen and Jennie have become friends.

by Anonymousreply 358January 8, 2021 1:23 AM

Is Shannen living good off her Charmed money? Maybe she doesn't want any part of this reboot fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2019 11:20 PM

Uh, helloooo OP, remember me?

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2019 11:21 PM

Jason hates Shannen and Luke.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2019 11:22 PM

Is she living good? Oh, dear.

Either Luke Perry had no relationship with these people after the show folded, or they may have felt it was sufficient to reach out to his children or fiancee rather than emoting on social media.

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2019 11:25 PM

IT IS NOT A "REBOOT" IF IT STARS THE SAME ACTORS!!!!!!!

It's a revival.

Jesus Christ I'm sick of explaining that.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2019 11:26 PM

I don’t think Jason hates anybody. He wrote a great autobiography that had lots of stories and dish, but the flaw in it was that he’s just too nice. Wouldn’t say a negative word about anyone, and we all know they all hated Shannen at one point. Both Jadon and Luke were similar (in my opinion) in that they didn’t chase stardom all their lives. Now when I think about young stars who could have made it bigger but didn’t, I wonder- what were they not willing to do?

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2019 11:31 PM

I'm with you R5.

Also, I 'm too old to care about 90210 gossip. It's unfortunate that Perry is dead at 52. It seems like a young age to have a stroke that ends your life, but who the hell really cares why cast members of a show from 30 years ago do not take to twitter, their publicist or facebook or instagram to pronounce their "feelings"?

Perhaps, just perhaps, some of the original cast a) haven't spoken to Luke in decades? b) do not have a kind word to say? or c) do not want to share with you (the unwashed and unknown fandom) their heartbreak?

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2019 11:33 PM

Jennie did comment on Luke's death.

by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2019 9:33 AM

This is what Shannon said:

“I am in shock. Heartbroken. Devastated by the loss of my friend. I have so many memories with Luke that make me smile and that are forever imprinted on my heart and mind,”

“Luke was a smart, quiet, humble and complex man with a heart of gold and never-ending well of integrity and love. Luke reached out to me during my cancer journey and we picked right back up, albeit older and wiser, but that connection remained in tact,”

“There is a special kind of love one has for each other when you are experiencing the journey we did on 90210 and of course life in general. Luke and I were working on show ideas for us. We wanted to work with each other again and create something special and meaningful for our fans at this stage in our lives,” shares Doherty. “I will miss him everyday. Every minute. Every second.”

During their time spent together, Doherty remembers how often and fondly Perry spoke of his two children — son Jack, 21, and daughter Sophie, 18 — who he shared with ex Rachel “Minnie” Sharp.

“Luke loved his family. He raved about his kids and how proud he was of them. He showed me videos of the often,” says Doherty. “They were his heart and for him, his biggest accomplishment.”

Just weeks before his death, Doherty met up for lunch with her longtime friend and his dog, Penny, which will stand as one of her lasting memories with Perry.

“A couple of weeks ago in February, Luke and I met up for lunch. He chose the restaurant based on who would allow his dog,” says Doherty.

“I walked in and there he was, smiling, with his dog Penny and her bed under the booth, happy as can be,” she the actress. “I will never forget — and will miss — Luke looking at me with that smile of his saying … Shan.”

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2019 10:22 AM

R9 I wonder what about Luke made him “complex” to Shannon

by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2019 10:23 AM

Didn’t Luke, Brandon and Ian used to grope the female actresses that appeared on 90210?

by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2019 10:24 AM

People don't need to "speak out." That's stupid. For all you know these others could have called Luke's wife personally, and are maybe still in shock.

by Anonymousreply 12March 6, 2019 10:26 AM

I've seen an item saying Jason Priestley is to upset to comment publicly yet.

by Anonymousreply 13March 6, 2019 11:40 AM

Jason Priestley is Canadian -

Entertainment Tonight CANADA contacted his reps for comment and the word they got back was Jason is too upset to comment at this time.

by Anonymousreply 14March 6, 2019 11:45 AM

Has anyone spoken to Carol Potter or James Eckhouse?

by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2019 12:08 PM

I want to know if Luke really did grope female actresses on 90210 set.

by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2019 12:15 PM

Luke can grope me all he wants. Even from beyond the grave!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17March 6, 2019 12:20 PM

He married his first wife at the peak of his hotness and she is FUG.

He could have had any insanely hot female he wanted. He chose a fuggo.

PUZZLING.

by Anonymousreply 18March 6, 2019 3:09 PM

Maybe Shannon isn't part of the REVIVAL bc she is uninsurable? She probably wants everyone to think it was her choice, but there is a high probability that the production can't get insurance for someone who still gets cancer treatment.

by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2019 3:30 PM

R18 He chose to have two kids with this "fuggo". You know, maybe he really loved that woman. Must be an insane concept for someone like you to choose love over superficial stuff like beauty.

by Anonymousreply 20March 6, 2019 3:33 PM

She wasn’t ugly. She was pretty, just not “Hollywood” pretty.

by Anonymousreply 21March 6, 2019 3:36 PM

First of all, it's Shannon not Shannen. The original 90210 set was an absolute shithole. There was all the infighting and cattiness that comes with young people being suddenly famous. There's stories of the women fighting over dresses. There were love interests that were brought on only to be fired because a cast member complained, etc, etc. I don't think Shannon and Jennie are suddenly friends. They appeared together here and there, but I think Jennie is actually a real piece of work. There was a story that Tiffani said hi at some event (they had been very close) and Jennie wouldn't even acknowledge her presence. What rational adult does that?

by Anonymousreply 22March 6, 2019 3:37 PM

Tiffani has commented. She tweeted, "My fat face is awash in tears today."

by Anonymousreply 23March 6, 2019 3:37 PM

Tiffani is the only one of the girls that seems halfway "stable" or "normal". I tend to believe her about Jennie and Tori in regard to their catty behavior.

by Anonymousreply 24March 6, 2019 3:44 PM

^oops wrong thread. sorry.

by Anonymousreply 25March 6, 2019 3:51 PM

[quote] Tiffani is the only one of the girls that seems halfway "stable" or "normal".

Not that this means anything but Tiffani is one of the few 90210 cast members to get married and stay married. Jennie has been married and divorced numerous times, so has Shannon and we all know what a trainwreck Tori's life is.

by Anonymousreply 26March 6, 2019 3:53 PM

BTW why would Luke Perry do the new 90210. He's the only one of that gang who was steadily working on television.

by Anonymousreply 27March 6, 2019 3:53 PM

[quote]First of all, it's Shannon not Shannen.

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 28March 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Nice work, r22. I just love it when someone corrects a poster who was right in the first place---and does it with such frau-like certainty.

The woman's name is Shannen. Not Shannon.

by Anonymousreply 29March 6, 2019 4:13 PM

[quote] First of all, it's Shannon not Shannen.

Ya sure about that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 6, 2019 4:13 PM

It’s Shan’ann!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 6, 2019 4:19 PM

The name on her Instagram is Shannen Doherty. Guess she should know how her name is spelled correctly.

by Anonymousreply 32March 6, 2019 4:24 PM

Jason does not like Luke because he would not swallow his hefty load.

by Anonymousreply 33March 6, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]it's Shannon not Shannen

Um, you may want to communicate this to SHANNEN herself, dumbass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2019 6:56 PM

Jennie and Tori were cunty to the other women on the show they were threatened by. Tiffani, Kathleen Robertson, Vanessa Marcil, Hilary Swank, and Emma Caulfield. Tiffani, Vanessa and Emma have acknowledged it publically. Vanessa actually left the show because she was so miserable instead of staying on for the last half of the last season.

by Anonymousreply 35March 6, 2019 7:06 PM

Shannen said she did not like how the show revolved. In the beginning it was an "issues" oriented show, with every show being "very special episode" where they would tackle topics like Date Rape, alcoholism, etc.

Then it veered into being a full fledged soap opera, which is not the type of show Shannen signed onto, and did not the direction it was going. I'm not saying that was the SOLE reason she left, but it was one of the many reasons for her exit.

by Anonymousreply 36March 6, 2019 7:10 PM

evolved?

by Anonymousreply 37March 6, 2019 7:15 PM

evolved; past participle: evolved

1. develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.

by Anonymousreply 38March 6, 2019 7:16 PM

Everyone was sick of Shannen by the time she left.

by Anonymousreply 39March 6, 2019 7:23 PM

I understand that, r38. r36 said Shannen didn't like "how the whole show revolved." My question was whether he meant "evolved," but it's always helpful to have some Mr. Know-it-all copy something from Merriam-Webster to enlighten us.

by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2019 8:10 PM

Was Tori Spelling ever attractive? Trying to find a decent photo of her, ever, is impossible. She always had that giant alien face.

by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2019 8:39 PM

No, she was never attractive. I think she had a lot of work done as a teenager, so she was probably even less attractive in her natural state.

by Anonymousreply 42March 6, 2019 8:42 PM

Of course Shannen is going to say that she quit the show due to the decline of quality scripts. Wow, you’d have to be a child or extremely naive to swallow that PR lie.

by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2019 8:48 PM

This is the best Tori pic I could find. Still looks a bit trans though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2019 8:49 PM

Tori didn't have chance to be attractive. Both of her parents are unattractive and she got some of their worst features.

Randy faired a bit better, but isn't all that much to look at either.

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2019 8:50 PM

Yikes!! The 2000-era hair was brutal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2019 8:51 PM

On a lot of hit shows with an ensemble cast, producers pit each star against each other. “You’re more talented than she is....” “You’re a better actor than he is....” This encourages the actors to hate each other and sever any alliances that could work against producers.

90210, Melrose Place, Friends....it’s probably happening at The Big Bang Theory.

by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2019 8:51 PM

Poor Tori and her brother Randy inhetired their father’s bug eyes

by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2019 8:54 PM

Tori got progressively uglier over the series. It's funny seeing her trying to looking hot in the opening credits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 6, 2019 8:55 PM

[quote] Of course Shannen is going to say that she quit the show due to the decline of quality scripts. Wow, you’d have to be a child or extremely naive to swallow that PR lie.

No one is saying that. probably the main reason she left was the cast staged a revolt - they got fed up with her diva behavior and went to Aaron Spelling - saying either it is her or us. So that was a BIG reason why she left,

But in fairness, Shannen was also ready to go, because this was not the show she signed up for. While I'm not excusing her behavior behind the scenes, she presented a lack of professionalism and enthusiasm, which was probably result of her feeling the quality of the show was crap.

Though there is NO excuse for being that unprofessional no matter how crappy the material is. Your job as an actor is to take the material and make it work And she didn't want to do that. So it was better for everyone around (including her) that she left.

by Anonymousreply 50March 6, 2019 9:01 PM

I remember something about Luke making sure his breath was nasty before he had kissing scenes with Shannen.

by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2019 9:11 PM

Reading Shannen's statement between the lines, it's quite obvious that she had differences with Luke way back when, but over time both got ovr their issues and a real friendship blossomed.

[quote]Was Tori Spelling ever attractive?

She wasn't as hideous when she was younger. Now it's like all the work she has done fell apart and her face collapsed.

by Anonymousreply 52March 6, 2019 9:15 PM

extended Luke & Jason interview from 2013 about 90210

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 6, 2019 9:33 PM

[Quote] I want to know if Luke really did grope female actresses on 90210 set.

I think in an interview Charles Rosin implied that BAG was pretty protective of Tiffani when she joined the show because of how the male cast and/or crew behaved on set.

by Anonymousreply 54March 7, 2019 3:54 AM

R49 - Short hair does not/ dud not suit Jennie. Tiffani gained weight between seasons 5 and 7. But in general, they did not get worse looking over the show’s run.

by Anonymousreply 55March 7, 2019 4:07 AM

So I want to know who was sleeping with, besides Tiffani and Brian.

by Anonymousreply 56March 7, 2019 4:22 AM

They did an interview for the NYT when the reboot was happening.

Everyone said Shannen Doherty became a fucking cunt and would show up late to set, keeping the entire cast waiting.

The cast called Aaron Spelling and asked they Shannen be fired. She was.

Shannen adds fuel to this story, instead of defusing it, in her response. She said, "Everyone fights at work. Even my gardeners don't get along. I don't make any excuses. I needed to do what I did to be the person I am now."

That, to me, is the definition of unrepentant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57March 7, 2019 4:22 AM

Has anyone ever asked them about the spoof "Grosse Pointe"?

It was produced by Darren Starr, original producer of 90210, and was a send-up of 90210.

The funniest thing was how they showed Jason Priestly's TV Dad always wanting to get him naked so he could drool over his dick.

by Anonymousreply 58March 7, 2019 4:25 AM

I think my favourite part of the lifetime movie was when Luke got frustrated because of the constant rewrites whereas Shannen could keep up and Darren threw it in his face lol

by Anonymousreply 59March 7, 2019 4:50 AM

I wonder why BAG hasn’t commented on Luke.

by Anonymousreply 60March 7, 2019 5:00 AM

Were they close? Did BAG stay in contact with any of his 90210 cast??

by Anonymousreply 61March 7, 2019 5:18 AM

Grosse Point was hilarious...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 7, 2019 5:44 AM

I liked Kathleen Robertson’s comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 7, 2019 5:49 AM

R49 I refuse to believe that is Shannen Doherty at 2:21. Maybe she was being a cunt that day so they got a stand-in.

by Anonymousreply 64March 7, 2019 6:03 AM

R56 If you believe Tori then she fucked both BAG and Jason. Wanted Luke's dick bad but never got it. Wouldn't surprise me if she got a pity fuck from Ian at some point as well.

by Anonymousreply 65March 7, 2019 6:08 AM

I never really watched the show. Was Tori's character a fan favourite or have any decent storylines? Or was it obvious she was just there because she was Aaron's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 66March 7, 2019 6:10 AM

In high school it was either her mother being a hypocritical asshole or her learning disability. I think her getting to graduate was her most prominent storyline. In college it was about her virginity or Ray being an abusive prick. Although her getting addicted to drugs was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 67March 7, 2019 6:37 AM

[quote]Was Tori's character a fan favourite or have any decent storylines?

Fan favorite? No.

Decent storylines? No. She was the "super" rich girl in the cast. She dated "bad boy" David. They did give her an abusive boyfriend for a while late in the series.

Her major storyline was kind of a joke.

Her character, Donna, was a virgin and it became a plot point over the course of the series that she wouldn't sleep with any man on the show until she was married. The "joke" was, that her father was Aaron Spelling so while his daughter was on the show she, of course, couldn't engage in sexcapades with anyone.

Melanie Hutsell was great as her on SNL where she'd point out how often Donna would get yanked out of the more serious storylines in the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 7, 2019 6:38 AM

That thing about Shannen wanting the show to be about serious issues...

The episode about breast cancer was about one of the girls thinking they had breast cancer, discussing all possible scenarios and then finding out they don't have it anyway: it was a false alarm

The episode about teen pregnancy was about one of the girls thinking they were pregnant, discussing all possible scenarios and then finding out they weren't anyway: it was a false alarm

The episode about....

by Anonymousreply 69March 7, 2019 8:08 AM

I liked Donna Martin. I wanted her to graduate and get laid.

by Anonymousreply 70March 7, 2019 8:55 AM

I guess Scott Scanlon is still dead.

by Anonymousreply 71March 7, 2019 8:55 AM

R49 9:55 is the moment the Tiffani Amber Thiessen fat face troll was born.

by Anonymousreply 72March 7, 2019 9:25 AM

Dylan was such a dick when Brenda had her pregnancy scare. But James Eckhouse did a great job in that episode.

I also love how Donna had no qualms about sleeping around once she lost her virginity.....7 seasons later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 7, 2019 10:54 AM

Did anyone in the cast ever hook up with Luke?

by Anonymousreply 74March 7, 2019 11:35 AM

They all hooked up with each other

by Anonymousreply 75March 7, 2019 12:00 PM

R75 typical Hollywood shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 76March 7, 2019 12:07 PM

"Shenanigans." Those young whippersnappers.

by Anonymousreply 77March 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Tori’s original face would have aged much better than the mutilated mask she has now. She was so terribly insecure and surrounded by natural beauties that she couldn’t wait it out. She did have a hot body back then, she should have been content to be a butterface.

I like that Shannon and Luke became friends as adults. They grew up and the petty stuff from their early 20s didn’t matter anymore.

by Anonymousreply 78March 7, 2019 1:46 PM

I hope they aren't all bloated-up with fillers and Botox. So tired of that L.A. zombie look.

by Anonymousreply 79March 7, 2019 3:17 PM

r77, it's Shannen-igans.

by Anonymousreply 80March 7, 2019 4:25 PM

I wonder in the re-boot is still going to happen this summer.

by Anonymousreply 81March 7, 2019 10:19 PM

[quote]I wonder in the re-boot is still going to happen this summer.

They can open on Dylan's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 82March 7, 2019 10:21 PM

I remember reading teen magazine articles about how Shannen was such a bad influence on the other castmates for smoking. LOL how naive I was back then.

by Anonymousreply 83March 7, 2019 10:37 PM

R79 prepare to be disappointed. It didn't take Jennie too long to start using botox in the original series. And then you combine that with the sperm brows.....it was not a great look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 7, 2019 11:55 PM

Shannen was much prettier than Jennie, I don't understand why Jennie was lauded as this great beauty.

by Anonymousreply 85March 8, 2019 12:44 AM

She looks retarded in R84 pic.

by Anonymousreply 86March 8, 2019 12:49 AM

[quote]Shannen was much prettier than

nobody.

by Anonymousreply 87March 8, 2019 12:55 AM

R49 And even funnier seeing every hot new guy falling for Donna Martin.

by Anonymousreply 88March 8, 2019 1:09 AM

I used to love the TS "I auditioned for the role like everybody else" story. I'm sure the fact that she looks like a slightly prettier version of the show's executive producer had *nothing* to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 89March 8, 2019 1:19 AM

Shannen's looks were ruined by her 2 front beaver like teeth. I remember when Joan Rivers had Jennie on her show and Joan was just brutal about Shannen's looks.

by Anonymousreply 90March 8, 2019 1:22 AM

Donna Martin graduates!

by Anonymousreply 91March 8, 2019 1:35 AM

Straight men seem to appreciate Shannen's looks, she nabbed all her hot co-stars.

by Anonymousreply 92March 8, 2019 1:49 AM

Shannen was/is more interesting than Jennie.

by Anonymousreply 93March 8, 2019 2:00 AM

Tiffani was the one that the straight guys thought was hot and wanted to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2019 2:03 AM

Tiffani was the most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 95March 8, 2019 2:09 AM

R92 she also nabbed Rick Salomon. Wtf was that guy's appeal???

R94 I think she still is. She's aged pretty well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 8, 2019 2:09 AM

Soloman had some money and a big dick, that's more than enough for some. Like Pamela Anderson and Paris Hilton (ugh). I think Randy Spelling fucked Paris too.

by Anonymousreply 97March 8, 2019 2:13 AM

Tiffani was a little wild then, but settled down.

by Anonymousreply 98March 8, 2019 2:33 AM

Oh do tell R98.

by Anonymousreply 99March 8, 2019 2:45 AM

Tiffani posed for some risqué photos for some French magazine while on 90210 and Aaron Spelling wasn't happy about that. They weren't happy about the weight she gained later in her run on the show.

I think a lot of the cast liked to party. There was a paparazzi pictures of Tiffani and Jennie kissing in Celebrity Sleuth, but they might have just been doing it to shock the photographers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 8, 2019 2:47 AM

Here is her interview with Howard Stern

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 8, 2019 2:50 AM

R100- Did they actually say anything to Tiffani about her weight?

by Anonymousreply 102March 8, 2019 2:51 AM

Tiffani Amber Theissen always seemed awful when she was on 90210, but afterwards, she seemed to have much more depth and intelligence than her early days.

Shannen always had such an odd look. Never got her appeal other than she seemed like a fun party girl. Tori’s face was huge then, and if possible is even hugher now.

by Anonymousreply 103March 8, 2019 3:08 AM

Shannen liked to party, but she was far from stupid or vapid. She was highly opinionated.

by Anonymousreply 104March 8, 2019 3:11 AM

I think Tiffani dated an older guy when she was a teenager. And they were living together with her parents. Although personally I don't see the big deal.

The weight gain thing just sounds like more Hollywood stupidity. Girl has never been fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 8, 2019 3:24 AM

Tiffani and Jennie were the best of friends until something happened, they fell apart and don' talk to each other or about each other anymore. I think Tiffani either fucked or came on to Jennie's husband Facinelli when they starred in the series Fastlane.

by Anonymousreply 106March 8, 2019 3:25 AM

R106 yeah, I think so too. Women who are BFFs one day and enimies the next its usually because of a guy.

by Anonymousreply 107March 8, 2019 3:30 AM

R106 Taffani comes across as very mature and honest in that Howard Stern interview.

She makes it seem as if Jennie let her down about something and she realized Jennie was not a real friend, but Taffani is too nice to give the details.

by Anonymousreply 108March 8, 2019 3:32 AM

Tiffani actually addresses it in the Stern interview

by Anonymousreply 109March 8, 2019 3:33 AM

Watching the credits from all the seasons was crazy. The girls looked pretty and a bit wholesome and then BOOM bombshell Tiffani shows up. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 110March 8, 2019 3:34 AM

Jennie was cold to Tiffani for a while after she joined the show, then Jennie apologized and they became friends.

From reading between the lines of her Howard Stern interview, Tiffani was always there for Jennie when she needed her, but Jennie wasn't there for her when she needed her. Basically, it became a one-sided friendship.

by Anonymousreply 111March 8, 2019 3:35 AM

Does Hillary Swank ever talk about her time on 90210?

Of the entire cast, she has had the best career.

by Anonymousreply 112March 8, 2019 3:38 AM

R105-She was never Fat, but Tiffani did gain weight during the show’s run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 8, 2019 3:39 AM

[QUOTE] I wonder in the re-boot is still going to happen this summer.

It's not a fucking reboot, you fucking illiterate retard.

A reboot would be a complete reset from the beginning with a new actors playing the characters (think JJ Abrams Star Trek movies). Simply returning with the same cast years later is a revival (like with Roseanne, Will and Grace).

Fucking stop calling shit reboots that aren't.

by Anonymousreply 114March 8, 2019 3:39 AM

Did Luke have much of a career after 90210?

by Anonymousreply 115March 8, 2019 3:41 AM

R114 the press is calling it a reboot and revival, interchangeably.

R114 miserable loser fat ass is still amongst the living and St Luke isn’t. Talk about life being unfair.

FF and welcome to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 116March 8, 2019 3:44 AM

Well, of course Tiffani isn't going to admit she fucked her friend's husband.

by Anonymousreply 117March 8, 2019 3:45 AM

R106 I reckon it was the other way around and he came on to her. After all he cheated on Jennie with an actress on the set of Twilight.

R112 I quite liked Carly and Steve together.

R113 it's still stupid that it was considered a problem lol

by Anonymousreply 118March 8, 2019 3:45 AM

I love Jason P.....I just don’t think he cares enough to make a cheesy statement about someone he worked with 20 years ago. I sure wouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 119March 8, 2019 3:49 AM

It's hilarious that Valerie kept losing her men to Kelly and Donna. I mean, no man in real life would trade Tiffani for Jennie or Tori.

by Anonymousreply 120March 8, 2019 3:49 AM

R119, Jason released a statement. He is broken. They were friends.

by Anonymousreply 121March 8, 2019 3:51 AM

He already did, R119

by Anonymousreply 122March 8, 2019 3:51 AM

R119 idiot.

by Anonymousreply 123March 8, 2019 3:52 AM

R121 - thanks I’ll google it...was not aware.

by Anonymousreply 124March 8, 2019 3:52 AM

R120 I stopped watching after Brenda moved to London to pursue acting. But that sounds hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 125March 8, 2019 3:54 AM

[quote]It's not a fucking reboot, you fucking illiterate retard.

Some of you go through life with no sense of proportion or priorities.

by Anonymousreply 126March 8, 2019 3:56 AM

R120 He would for Tori if he thought she was going to get a huge piece of Aaron's estate.

by Anonymousreply 127March 8, 2019 3:56 AM

The summer series they have planned isn’t really a revival of the show — it’s a kind of mockumentary about the cast *trying* to get a revival of the show off the ground. Which means it now has to be a show about Luke Perry being dead. I don’t know if it’s gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 128March 8, 2019 4:02 AM

R120 it was vice versa. Sometimes Valerie would "steal" their men. And I still hate that storyline with David and Ginger. It was just too stupid.

by Anonymousreply 129March 8, 2019 4:02 AM

Could any storyline have been dumber than david silver completing his final two years of high school simultaneously?

by Anonymousreply 130March 8, 2019 4:17 AM

I love how they made Annnnnnnnnnnnnndrea part of the gang; she was Brandon's friend, yet they forced her onto the rest of them and she never fit with any of the others. She should have stayed just Brandon's friend. It would have made more sense.

by Anonymousreply 131March 8, 2019 4:21 AM

Was Brenda from GH really on 90210?

by Anonymousreply 132March 8, 2019 4:23 AM

I liked Ahndrayuh.

by Anonymousreply 133March 8, 2019 4:23 AM

R131 I liked her friendship with Steve and Dylan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 8, 2019 4:31 AM

R132 Yes, near the end for like a season and a half. She was pretty much a replacement for Tiffani's Valerie character. The hot vixen of the show.

Brian Austin Green is the father of her son.

by Anonymousreply 135March 8, 2019 4:32 AM

I had already stopped watching. That bitch ruined daytime.

by Anonymousreply 136March 8, 2019 4:35 AM

Jason is feeling too broken right now to make a public statement, and asks for privacy at this difficult time.

by Anonymousreply 137March 8, 2019 4:40 AM

I want to know about Carol Potter and Christine Elise. Is the rumor true?

by Anonymousreply 138March 8, 2019 4:44 AM

R131 It's Ondre-A you dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 139March 8, 2019 4:47 AM

R114 It is a reboot, because it is not supposed to be an actual revival of the show, but is using the same actors to create an entirely different story. The actors will be portraying heightened versions of themselves as actors starring in an "in show" revival of 90210. It is like a very meta Grosse Point.

by Anonymousreply 140March 8, 2019 4:51 AM

The new show is actually a remake of the original show.

by Anonymousreply 141March 8, 2019 5:02 AM

R141 No it isn't.

[quote] a serialized drama – with a dose of irreverence — inspired by the sextet’s real lives and relationships, in which Priestley, Garth, Ziering, Carteris, Green and Spelling will play heightened versions of themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 8, 2019 5:06 AM

Jason posted this on his Instagram page ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 8, 2019 5:14 AM

... and this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 8, 2019 5:14 AM

Could you guys please shut the fuck up about this revival/reboot bs already? Dozens of posts here about something no one really gives a fuck. Just call it whatever you want and move on already.

by Anonymousreply 145March 8, 2019 5:26 AM

Is it a spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 146March 8, 2019 5:27 AM

Is Jason Priestley gay?

by Anonymousreply 147March 8, 2019 5:30 AM

[Quote] Brian Austin Green is the father of her son.

A shitty one it seems.

by Anonymousreply 148March 8, 2019 5:43 AM

R47 the Friends cast has been very open about banding together, and the BBT originals took a pay cut so the rest of the cast could get a raise

The Jennie/Tiffani rumor is that when Tiffani and Peter were during a TV show, she saw Peter's eye wandering and told Jennie and Jennie flipped a shit on her. Tiffani said "I was the one who was hurt" and that she was in the delivery room when Jennie and Peter's first was born.

by Anonymousreply 149March 8, 2019 6:26 AM

R149 wow Jennie really does come off as a cunt, especially since Peter dumped her years later for his co-star.

by Anonymousreply 150March 8, 2019 6:32 AM

So where are the I HATE BRENDA newsletters?

by Anonymousreply 151March 8, 2019 6:50 AM

There was a blind item about Amanda Bynes constantly hitting on Jennie's husband and she got pissed off, basically told her she'd put up with the biggest bitch in Hollywood so she'd better cut it out. Naturally it didn't gain much traction because it was before Amanda had her breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 152March 8, 2019 7:00 AM

I wish Shannen had stuck around a few more years to put Jennie in her place and demonstrate what a REAL cunt was truly like. Nobody was going to out-cunt Doherty, and Jennie wouldn't dare flip her shit directly to Shannen's face, lest she wanted to get her ass beat by that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 153March 8, 2019 7:37 AM

Was Shannen a violent person, as in attacking her castmates physically?

by Anonymousreply 154March 8, 2019 7:42 AM

I find it rather telling that BAG hasn’t made a comment about Luke, in this day of Social Media, especially knowing he had issues with some of the 90210 guys groping female actresses on set.

by Anonymousreply 155March 8, 2019 7:46 AM

Jennies message to Shannon. Sounds pretty friendly to me. But keep on the narrative. nerds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 8, 2019 8:04 AM

R154 does this count??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 8, 2019 8:35 AM

Why did Brenda slap Ahndrayah?

by Anonymousreply 158March 8, 2019 8:43 AM

I could never get on board the Ahndrayah train. Her casting was a real head scratcher.

by Anonymousreply 159March 8, 2019 8:53 AM

I remember reading the guys had to split up Jennie and Shannen once or twice when it came to hair pulling or slapping. Towards the end when Shannen had 1 foot out the door. But 98% of it was verbal, passive/aggressive mind game shit.

Emma Caulfield's tweet was...illuminating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 8, 2019 8:53 AM

I want to know who was lucky enough to ride the Luke Perry train.

by Anonymousreply 161March 8, 2019 8:54 AM

R158 she was jealous. They were both trying to get with their drama teacher Mr Suitor and he preferred Andrea. Shannen and Gabrielle were great in that episode. I doubt much acting was required for the more hostile scenes lol

by Anonymousreply 162March 8, 2019 10:00 AM

Idiot @ r156, Jennie and Brenda were enemies during the 90210 era. They made up and became friends a long time ago. There are several interviews where they address this. Shut up, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 163March 8, 2019 11:55 AM

Don't know what was going on when they were filming the show more than 20 years ago. But I think it is amazing that almost all of them still stay in touch, follow each other, visit each other or regularly see each other. Even Shannen is still friends/friendly with almost everyone.

I mean, are you guys still friends with all people from your first job after college/high school?

by Anonymousreply 164March 8, 2019 12:10 PM

R163 Brenda was her character's name. At least have your facts and names straight before you tell people to shut up and call them names.

by Anonymousreply 165March 8, 2019 12:13 PM

The show's Pete/Stuart Best ended up being a real life war hero!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 8, 2019 2:16 PM

[quote]The show's Pete/Stuart Best

That took me a moment.

by Anonymousreply 167March 8, 2019 2:46 PM

90210 was good when it was a family drama about the Walsh's and their friends but was ridiculous when it went the nighttime soap route

I think Melrose Place had started beating it in the ratings and they made 90210 more Melrose like and the tone always felt off, at least on Melrose when chararacters lie, cheat, backstab and blackmail, they usually are no longer friends, the same would happen on 90210 and then they would be good friends again, EXCEPT for the Kelly/Valerie rivalry, it made no sense

I remember a drugged up Dylan knocking Donna into a pool and she bashed her head at the end of one episode and then at the beginning of the next episode she's rushed to the hospital and forgives him by like the next episode...

by Anonymousreply 168March 8, 2019 4:15 PM

[quote]I remember a drugged up Dylan knocking Donna into a pool and she bashed her head at the end of one episode and then at the beginning of the next episode she's rushed to the hospital and forgives him by like the next episode...

Was there Valerie and that bitch from GH then? I had stopped watching by then. I don't remember Dylan doing that.

by Anonymousreply 169March 8, 2019 4:16 PM

R169 yes. They were both on the show at that time.

by Anonymousreply 170March 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Landon never wore underwear, and you could see his sizable package at times through his pants.

Melissa Gilbert and Alison Arngrim both dispelled that any inappropriate happened to the child actors on the show. Arngrim in particular wouldn't have tolerated it since she was sexually abused by her own brother and has spoken out about it and child abuse. She said that working on the show was some of little normalcy at that stage in her life.

by Anonymousreply 171March 8, 2019 6:08 PM

Oops. Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 172March 8, 2019 6:10 PM

[quote]I mean, are you guys still friends with all people from your first job after college/high school?

To be fair, R164, we're not constantly associated with the people from our first job after college/high school. The show was a hit and part of the fabric of an entire generation. It's easier for them, at the least, to be friendly with them.

While I miss Lisa from HR. Lisa from HR and I aren't going to be at the same conventions, award shows, competing for the same role or be asked about one another for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 173March 8, 2019 7:59 PM

I hated Vanessa Marcil on this show as Gina , the writers write her romance with Dylan exactly like Brenda, her GH role and Sonny's on General Hospital, right down to the whispery, breathy acting (ugh!) and the "I hate the fact that I love you so much Dylan/Sonny" theatrics

I remember one scene when Gina beat up and slapped Dylan silly and then she fell to the ground in crying hysterics, it was supposed to be "raw and real" but it was a laughingstock.

But I also DESPISED Kelly with the heat if a thousand sun's and her holier than thou attitude, so in the Kelly vs. Gina wars, I tended to go Team Gina, reluctantly

I do remember when Gina laid down a HUGE bitchslap on Kelly's ugly, pig nose face after Gina confronted Kelly about sleeping with her boyfriend Dylan while Dylan and Kelly went to Mexico to find a drug to cure Matt's, Kelly's then boyfriend, "secret wife " Lauren, who had been institutionalized by Matt with a brain disorder (!). Gina then grabbed lipstick and wrote the word SLUT all over the mirror and walked off in victory, bitch Kelly looked like she was about to cry!

by Anonymousreply 174March 8, 2019 8:32 PM

R156/R165, stfu, I was in a hurry and called her Brenda instead of Shannen, big fucking deal

by Anonymousreply 175March 8, 2019 9:14 PM

Yeah it was annoying how Kelly was supposed to be some great , stunning beauty. SO many other women on the show were prettier than her . It was kinda akward. She was cute sure, but no exquisite beauty or bombshell vixen .

by Anonymousreply 176March 8, 2019 10:57 PM

R176 Kelly was a TERRIBLE chararacter, just the worst type of hypocrite with her holier than thou attitude too, just insufferable. The only time she was enjoyable was when she had amnesia for a few months, after being shot and being in a coma, in the beginning of season 8, because she had a whole new personality. Even Kelly's ultimate enemy, Valerie cracked that "maybe Kelly getting her memory back wouldn't be so bad after all". LOL

How could you not love Valerie Malone

by Anonymousreply 177March 8, 2019 11:12 PM

Early Kelly or Kelly on coke only Kelly worth while. She sucked!!!

by Anonymousreply 178March 8, 2019 11:15 PM

Then there were the unending amount of tragedies always happening to her.

by Anonymousreply 179March 8, 2019 11:20 PM

Kelly was at her most passive agressive/cuntiness during season 10, you would think after being raped, again (!), during the end of season 9 and then shooting and killing her rapist, Joe Patch, in self defense in the season finale/cliffhanger and then being arrested for his murder in the season 10 opener would have softened her a but but NOPE...

Gina had just found out that Donna isn't her cousin but her long lost half sister, Dr. Martin had an affair with Gina's poor white trash mother, Bobbie and they kept the secret for years, so Gina is trying to bond with her new dad, former Uncle,and she's starting an exercise program with him and he drops dead of a heart attack and Felice, Donna's bitch mom and Donna are all at the hospital crying because he died and Kelly comes in to "console" her so called best friend Donna and is all like, "Well what was Gina doing there, this needs to be investigated further, she always held a grudge growing up poor and she just found out that Dr. Martin is her father".

Uh I HATED Kelly by then

by Anonymousreply 180March 8, 2019 11:27 PM

R178. Agreed. Kelly the first two or three seasons wasn’t so bad . After high school and especially after Brenda left town she got more and more unbearable with each passing season.

And just how many damn times was the girl raped or almost raped???

by Anonymousreply 181March 8, 2019 11:37 PM

R181 she was raped twice and then ALMOST raped again, by THREE different men, was addicted to duet pills, was a full blown cokehead and was kidnapped at gunpoint by the deranged lesbian Tara, who Kelly met in rehab, Tara meanwhile was secretly plotting to kill her and take over her life, even confusing Brandon with him thinking it was Kelly when Tara put the moves on him, Tara tried to do a murder,/suicide thing with her and Kelly and Carbon Monixide Poisoning! Unfortunately Kelly lived....

Kelly was burned in a sorority house fire and "scarred" and months later the lesbian, Allison, she was trapped in the house with, who was burned so bad that she looked like The Mummy but miraculously healed and after the bandages came off was as gorgeous as ever, admitted to secretly being in love with her! Joined a cult called the New Evolution

Discovered her classmate , Joy, was her long lost half sister, they had the same dad Bill Taylor, was shot, in a comma, needed a life saving blood transfusion, woke up from coma with amnesia for a few months

Was arrested for murder for killing her second rapist Joe Patch in self defense, charges were dropped

Was involved in a gazillion love triangles, and had numerous broken engagements with Brandon, who left her at the altar and Matt

Oh yeah she also got pregnant with Brandon's child and miscarried and was told that she could probably never have children

by Anonymousreply 182March 8, 2019 11:51 PM

I wonder if the writers hated Jennie Garth and that’s why Kelly became more cunty with each season.

by Anonymousreply 183March 9, 2019 12:20 AM

The hairstylist certainly hated Jennie as she didn’t have one good haircut from 1994-1999

by Anonymousreply 184March 9, 2019 12:40 AM

Gabrielle would have been more believably cast as Brenda & Brandon's grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 185March 9, 2019 12:49 AM

Gabrielle looks great today she looks younger than a lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 186March 9, 2019 1:26 AM

Ahndrea was a goddess compared to tori.

Who thinks up the names: Joe Patch? ROTF

by Anonymousreply 187March 9, 2019 1:32 AM

They need to a reboot show with Brenda Walsh, Valerie Malone, Jackie Taylor (forget her character died on the crappy new version), Amanda Peyser and Emily Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 188March 9, 2019 1:34 AM

R188 they should have Brenda and Valerie team up against bitch Kelly band make her life hell

by Anonymousreply 189March 9, 2019 1:38 AM

Shannen Doherty has been busy fighting cancer.

Priestly and Perry have remained friends. Priestly posted a message, along with pictures.

by Anonymousreply 190March 9, 2019 1:40 AM

There are two E's in Priestley.

by Anonymousreply 191March 9, 2019 1:41 AM

Was Perry a heavy smoker?

by Anonymousreply 192March 9, 2019 1:46 AM

Why do people ask the same dumb ass questions after someone dies?

by Anonymousreply 193March 9, 2019 1:50 AM

He just quit this week, r192.

by Anonymousreply 194March 9, 2019 1:50 AM

R192 yes his whole life

Valerie was the best character on this show since she gave zero fucks and stirred the pot and called Kelly out on her BS... CONSTANTLY

But the delusional writers always had every guy Valerie bedded still be in love with Kelly (Dylan, Brandon, Colin, even Steve) it was ridiculous after awhile, when every straight guy would have taken Valerie over Kelly any day

My favorite Valerie storyline was when she purposely seduced and began sleeping with her mother Abby's, played by Michelle Phillips of Knots Landing, new fiance Carl, even bedded him.the night of Abby and Carl's wedding in Vegas, as payback for Abby turning a blind eye to the molestation that Valerie suffered from her father as a child

It was sick and twisted but so much fun and on top of it, Valerie's dad didn't kill himself as previously thought, a teenage Valerie shot and killed him in self defense after he tried to rape her again and Valerie covered up the murder to make it look like a suicide. I remember Abby aka Mommy dearest being like "You're going to jail for murder!". And Valerie was like, "Yeah I shot and killed that bastard and I would do it again, I hated him!"

God I loved Valerie

by Anonymousreply 195March 9, 2019 1:56 AM

I remember back then how we made fun of how old the cast was to be playing high school students I rewatched the pilot and my God they look like babies.

by Anonymousreply 196March 9, 2019 2:02 AM

[Quote] I remember a drugged up Dylan knocking Donna into a pool and she bashed her head at the end of one episode and then at the beginning of the next episode she's rushed to the hospital and forgives him by like the next episode...

To be fair, Donna was always too quick to forgive. Especially when it came to her mother. She should've laid into Felice when she was making racist comments about D'Shawn.

[Quote] I do remember when Gina laid down a HUGE bitchslap on Kelly's ugly, pig nose face after Gina confronted Kelly about sleeping with her boyfriend Dylan

Great scene. Kelly really should've been slapped sooner.

[Quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 9, 2019 2:05 AM

I think my favourite Valerie storyline was when she got drunk with Noah and they ended up sleeping together, only for her to not remember wanting to the next morning. It was a very dark storyline but I feel like it would get such a different reception today. Tumblr would have a field day.

The one thing I hated was that the writers made Valerie look pathetic by trying too hard to fit in with the group. I don't know why they couldn't have just given her a friend or 2.

by Anonymousreply 198March 9, 2019 2:11 AM

R198 they did give her a friend, her even more scheming slutty shit stirring "friend" from Buffalo, the great soap opera named chararacter called... Ginger LaMonica played by Amber from the movie Clueless!

Of course Ginger blackmailed Valerie on numerous occasions and secretly taped their phone calls and offered an indecent proposal situation with David, causing David to dump Valerie

Ok she wasn't really a "friend"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 199March 9, 2019 2:15 AM

I loved when Brenda and Kelly aren’t speaking and someone was trying to break the ice and said something like, you guys are best friends and Kelly said, “we all have our crosses to bear” and Brenda says, “Or our legs to uncross”.

by Anonymousreply 200March 9, 2019 2:16 AM

R195- “Valerie was the best character on this show since she gave zero fucks and stirred the pot and called Kelly out on her BS... CONSTANTLY”

Definitively.

R196- Luke and Gabrielle were older. The rest of the cast was not too far off their character’s ages.

by Anonymousreply 201March 9, 2019 2:25 AM

R200 yes! Brenda had some great, bitchy lines. I remember when Emily Valentine came on the scene, before she went psycho and drugged Brandon and became an arsonist, and rumors around school was that Emily was hooking up with Brandon and Dylan, who had recently broken up with Brenda after her pregnancy scare and Brenda read Emily to filth and then said, "Have fun at the gynecologist office!"

Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 202March 9, 2019 2:27 AM

[quote]Emily was hooking up with Brandon and Dylan

I missed a double-dong three-way?

by Anonymousreply 203March 9, 2019 2:29 AM

I'm adding Shannen to my 2019 Death Pool

by Anonymousreply 204March 9, 2019 2:30 AM

Does that mean you [italic]hope[/italic] she'll die, r204? (That thread is too deathy for me.)

by Anonymousreply 205March 9, 2019 2:32 AM

Not hope, r205 (how did you do those italics btw?) -- I wish her the best. Just thinking that once the dominos start to fall... Maybe my judgment is clouded by grief over Jan Michael Vincent

by Anonymousreply 206March 9, 2019 2:35 AM

R206, type what you want between [italic ] and [/italic ], only lose the space I inserted before each right bracket. I also leave two spaces [italic]after[/italic] the right bracket.

by Anonymousreply 207March 9, 2019 2:38 AM

R207 [italic]thanks[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 208March 9, 2019 2:55 AM

[italic]That's[/italic] it.

by Anonymousreply 209March 9, 2019 2:58 AM

[italic. ] Look at me[/italic. ]

by Anonymousreply 210March 9, 2019 3:12 AM

Lose the periods.

by Anonymousreply 211March 9, 2019 3:15 AM

[trying]

by Anonymousreply 212March 9, 2019 3:15 AM

[italic] still trying [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 213March 9, 2019 3:18 AM

Were the blind items about Aaron Spelling and his casting couch true?

by Anonymousreply 214March 9, 2019 3:35 AM

Tiffani could give some great one-liners but they didn't do much for the Valerie character. Didn't she sleep with Brandon on her last episode?

Jennie Garth seems like such a cunt. And Kelly was definitely a cunt. I was always Team Brenda.

The show was never the same after Shannen left. She was the spark.

But I didn't mind Valerie.

Jessie and Andrea had such amazing chemistry and generated some seriously crazy sexual heat. *

by Anonymousreply 215March 9, 2019 3:39 AM

I don’t think Val ever slept with Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 216March 9, 2019 3:53 AM

R216 I don't think she did. They were going to but then didn't follow through with it because Brandon "didn't see her in that way" lol

by Anonymousreply 217March 9, 2019 5:07 AM

Weren't Valerie and Brandon first cousins?

by Anonymousreply 218March 9, 2019 5:38 AM

R218 I think they were but then the writers retconned it.

by Anonymousreply 219March 9, 2019 5:40 AM

Ah, retconning. Where would we be without you?

by Anonymousreply 220March 9, 2019 5:41 AM

Valerie grew up with the Walsh twins, but they are not related.

by Anonymousreply 221March 9, 2019 5:52 AM

I remember when Shannen left the show. It was reported that Ian Ziering, Luke Perry and a bunch of other people celebrated with champagne

by Anonymousreply 222March 9, 2019 5:56 AM

Has anyone seen Mystery Girls? This review makes it seem like the Showgirls of tv:

Setting aside a completely unrealistic and dumb premise, MYSTERY GIRLS is still pretty bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 9, 2019 6:07 AM

[quote]I remember back then how we made fun of how old the cast was to be playing high school students I rewatched the pilot and my God they look like babies.

That’s because you’re old.

I am laughing out loud at the storyline posts – particularly, the snark. The writing seemed crazy!

by Anonymousreply 224March 9, 2019 6:30 AM

[Quote] I remember when Shannen left the show. It was reported that Ian Ziering, Luke Perry and a bunch of other people celebrated with champagne

I would too if i were Ian, she crashed his car.

by Anonymousreply 225March 9, 2019 9:18 AM

Is Ian Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 226March 9, 2019 2:09 PM

Yes, r226. Born in Newark. Grew up in W. Orange. Pronounces "Orange" correctly.

by Anonymousreply 227March 9, 2019 6:35 PM

I thought it was funny when one of the writers on the show was interviewed for a blog, they said the first thing Aaron Spelling would always discuss with them would be what Tori would be doing in the episode that was about to go into production. This apparently happened before every episode.

by Anonymousreply 228March 9, 2019 6:47 PM

R228 yes, which is why Donna remained a virgin until the season 7 finale but suddenly became a big old slut in seasons 8-10, even cheating on Noah with Wayne

I guess Aaron didn't care at that point.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 229March 9, 2019 7:15 PM

Ian was actually the oldest of the guys. He's 54 now.

by Anonymousreply 230March 9, 2019 8:27 PM

The storylines the first few seasons were cute. Highschool drama, siblings rivalry, first love etc. Reading some of your posts here, I know why I stopped watching after they went to college. The storylines got more and more absurd. How could you guy watch 10 seasons of this?

Do you guys remember that Dylan suddenly had a sister? Whenever they run out of storylines for a character, they suddenly add troubled family members. And I think he lost his money somehow. I also thought it was weird that he only had like 1 or 2 (?) millions and not much more since his father was supposed to be really rich, but maybe that was a lot at the time.

by Anonymousreply 231March 9, 2019 9:04 PM

Oh the sister who saved him from being scammed. That storyline was pure camp.

by Anonymousreply 232March 9, 2019 9:19 PM

Oh yeah and his sister came back later as a teenage prostitute who was saved by Kelly and Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 233March 9, 2019 9:42 PM

R232 yeah Erica, in season 4 a mysterious blwomen named Suzanne came to town and told Dylan that her little girl was Dylan's long lost half sister as she had an affair with Dylan's thought to be dead at the time father Jack McKay, who "died" in a mob hit/car bomb explosion in season 3, Dylan believes Suzanne and bonds with his new instant sister Erica, much to bitch Kelly's, Dylan's girlfriend at the time, chagrin ("You have to get a DNA test Dylan!"), Dylan gets Suzanne's broke ass a job as a waitress at the Peach Pit, meanwhile for numerous episodes she's seen talking on the phone about stealing Dylan's money to a mystery person, who comes on the show as Kevin her fiance, Kevein and Suzanne get married, and somehow get stupid Dylan to give them access to his back account where they embezzle his $8 million dollar inheritance and kidnap Erica and the three take off to Mexico, leaving Dylan broke

In season 5 Dylan becomes a drug addict, almost dies and goes into a coma after his car goes off a cliff and after he finishes rehab he decides to get his money back and with his in again off again new girlfriend Valerie, the two go undercover to Mexico in search of Kevin, Suzanne and Erica and with the help of some weird dude named Jonesy, guns are drawn, Dylan and Valerie are tied up and nearly assainated by Kevin and Suzanne but Jonesy storms in to save the day, Dylan gets to reunite with Erica and gets his millions back and Valerie gets her cut, where she opens up her nightclub at like 19 years old (!) And Kevin and Suzanne go to jail

But in season 8, Erica is brought back and recasted with a new actress and aged, or SORAS'ED (Soap Opera Rapid Ageing Syndrome), she's also a prostitute now (!) and dumb bitch Kelly tries to save her from the prostitution ring, as Dylan is in France off camera with Brenda he moved there after his wife Toni was assainated in a hit meant for Dylan on their wedding day in season 6, so the camp meter goes through the roof when Kelly and Donna go to the prostitution house and infiltrate it to save Erica and Kelly gets in the face of her pimp named Riggs played by daytime soap vet Vincent Irizarry and Riggs tells Kelly that "I could turn you out too and make money". That shit was hilarious

Of course Dylan's dad Jack never died, he came back from the dead with a new identify and family and in the Witness Protection Program in season 10

by Anonymousreply 234March 9, 2019 9:57 PM

the past tense of "cast" is "cast." Not "casted."

by Anonymousreply 235March 9, 2019 10:04 PM

Tori’s Dad helped her career and she fucked up her life. I know this is new or you may be surprised by this tidbit.

by Anonymousreply 236March 9, 2019 10:05 PM

Can't believe no one as mentioned or posted this infamous scene yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 9, 2019 10:06 PM

R236 new information.

by Anonymousreply 238March 9, 2019 10:06 PM

R234 Damn, are you serious? Mob attacks, assassination attempts, prostitution rings? Why did I stop watching AND what did Jim and Cindy think about this? Were they shocked and immediately moved back to Minnesota or this Jim play some keyboard to cool off?

by Anonymousreply 239March 9, 2019 10:21 PM

Remember Ahhhhndrea's extramarital affair storyline with Dr. Peter that last like the entire 5th season, amazingly this boring, horribly written and out of character for Andrea, storyline just went on and on and on...

Andrea met him at the laundromat (!) and she was a neglected housewife and new mom as Jesse was too busy working and paying no attention to her so she gets it on all over the University Hospital with a fellow married med student, they do it in the elevators and in sleazy motel rooms...

Just awful

by Anonymousreply 240March 9, 2019 10:24 PM

R239 they moved to Tokyo at the end of season 5, although they really had NO storylines of their own, they were the "talk to" chararacters like Tom and Alice Horton on Days of Our Lives, for instance

Earlier in the series, they both had storylines where they contemplated having an affair, but nothing cane of it

by Anonymousreply 241March 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Can you guys imagine the discussion in the writers room? What should we do with Dylan this season? He already had a drug problem, dead family member, failed academic career, surprise family member, wedding/divorce/dead wife and we even moved him to France. Oh, we could bring back the sister. What would a normal young woman her age do? College? Boyfriend drama? Ok, this is 90210 so she has to be a prostitute and one of our main characters gets to be the hero again and saves her from this prostitute ring.

by Anonymousreply 242March 9, 2019 10:33 PM

Jim and Cindy still looking pretty good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243March 9, 2019 11:04 PM

R243 Dean Cain is looking more and more like Ray Liotta (quit smoking commercial) and that is no compliment.

by Anonymousreply 244March 10, 2019 12:52 AM

R244 He looks bloated. How old is he? Age or typical look of an alcoholic. Also must be hard to maintain that black hair at his age. I wonder how often he has to go to the hairdresser....

by Anonymousreply 245March 10, 2019 12:58 AM

I know Tori has breast implants.

by Anonymousreply 246March 10, 2019 1:04 AM

Dean is 52.

by Anonymousreply 247March 10, 2019 1:33 AM

R241 I think it was Hong Kong they moved to.

R243 Brenda should've given Rick a chance.

by Anonymousreply 248March 10, 2019 3:38 AM

Jed Allan has passed, he played Steve's dad Rush Sanders off and on for the entire 10 season run of the show

He's best known for his many daytime soap opera roles most notably on Days of Our Lives as Marlena's first husband Don Craig

He was 82

by Anonymousreply 249March 10, 2019 12:14 PM

Oh , I remember him on “Days.” How sad.

by Anonymousreply 250March 10, 2019 12:30 PM

Jed and Ian looked alike.

by Anonymousreply 251March 11, 2019 2:34 AM

Another camp gold was when Steve, who thought he was adopted, found out his father was also his bio father.

by Anonymousreply 252March 11, 2019 2:36 AM

Another *stance of

by Anonymousreply 253March 11, 2019 2:39 AM

R252 yes that storyline made no sense, season 6 starts out great with the Dylan falls in love and marries the daughter of the man, Anthony Marchette, who "killed" his father , only to have a hit put out on him but instead accidentally killing the daughter and his new bride, the Kelly romances the perennially shirtless Colin, the artist from NYC, who has a cocaine problem and is already cheating on Kelly with a rich older married woman and art gallery owner, Claudia Van Eyk played by Mary Crosby of Dallas fame, who has him "kept" and Colin also has a past in New York with Valerie,. The cute Steve, the frat boy and Claire, the snarky sarcastic supporting chararacter romance after hating each other previously and realizing that they were the other person that they were "talking" to for months online, I think Steve's online name was "Carebear" and the look on Claire's face was hilarious when she found out Steve was "Carebear" and she blurts out, "Oh no Steve Sanders is Carebear!"

The Donna/Ray drama with the revelation finally coming out that Valerie was blackmailing Ray and sleeping with him during season 5 and when he cut off the sex, Valerie fired his band from her club and sent him to Washington for gigs and causing Donna to be stalked and attacked and bound and gagged by the campus rapist, Garrett Slain, until David barged in and saved her from him, thereby also causing Claire to realize that David still loved Donna and to break up with him towards the end of season 5.

The Brandon meets the feminist Susan Keats, who happens to be his new boss at the college paper romance, complete with their constant competing for each other over stories and the arrival of Susan's ex , the smarmy Johnathan Keats, who naturally is still in love with Susan and wants her back and they share a "secret", naturally, the secret is that while in high school, Susan got pregnant by Johnathan and had an abortion, I think Brandon punched Johnathan out, also things came to halt when Brandon and Susan were trapped in an avalanche while going on a "ski vacation" together and they thought they were gonna die and they were believed to be dead and Susan DEMANDED to know if Brandon still loved Kelly, who of course he did

The David/Valerie romance , they bonded during an Earthquake early in season 6 and bonded further after David's crazy mom, just out of the mental institution, had another "mental break" and almost burned the house down

Second half of season 6 isn't as strong as the writers seemed to be Desperately looking for storylines, Kelly joins Colin as a Coke head, is almost raped, arrested and goes to rehab, Valerie confessed that she'd always been in love with Colin and does some shady business dealings, screwing Nat over, with the After dark to pay for Colin's legal fees, David dumps Valerie after Valerie's bitchy "friend" Ginger comes back and blackmails her with secretly recorded phone conversations and demands that if she can have sex with David, that she'll get rid of the tapes, kind of an Indecent Proposal situation.

Colin and Valerie hook up while Kelly is in rehab and Colin is sentenced to jail, only to jump bail in a high speed chase. leaving Valerie broke. Kelly's new friend in rehab, Tara Marks, leaves and moves in with her after rehab, and becomes obsessed with Kelly and tries to take over her life by getting her exact hair cut, by seducing Brandon, by killing her fish, by keying Valerie's car and threatening to kill Valerie, eventually Tara kidnaps Kelly at gunpoint and makes them drive to the beach where she tries to do a murder/suicide thing by Carbon Monoxide poisoning

Nat is even given a storyline when he meets up with his lost love Joan, who in the season finale the 60 year old Joan tells Nat that she's pregnant. How?

There's also the Donna /Joe romance with Ray filing charges against Joe after Joe beat him up after Ray went to attack Donna, and the trial and then after Ray and his white trash mom drunken , Lee Ann Pruitt, who hated Valerie and called her a "malicious viper" leave the show.

by Anonymousreply 254March 11, 2019 2:43 PM

Somewhere along the line, Donna/Tori managed to lose her pair of Goody 2 Shoes*. Apparently, she has yet to find them.

*Or, if you prefer, Goody Too Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 255March 11, 2019 4:16 PM

Donna loves Joe!!

by Anonymousreply 256March 11, 2019 4:23 PM

R255 Tori was busy getting around the whole time Donna's hymen was still intact.

by Anonymousreply 257March 11, 2019 4:49 PM

R254 TL/DR

by Anonymousreply 258March 12, 2019 7:55 AM

Remember the pics of Tori getting sexy with Patrick Muldoon (Starship Troopers) on a dance floor? Didn’t her dad chuck him off Melrose after that? Shit that was a good time for paparazzi!

by Anonymousreply 259March 12, 2019 9:00 AM

R259 How sexy are we talking?? I googled but couldn't find anything.......other than this gem!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 12, 2019 1:16 PM

The platinum blonde hair did Tori no favors.

by Anonymousreply 261March 12, 2019 1:18 PM

R261, there is no hairstyle, makeup or cosmetic surgery which could do her any favors.

She's a slugface.

by Anonymousreply 262March 12, 2019 2:20 PM

#Powerman5000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 12, 2019 4:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 12, 2019 4:14 PM

Poor Tori, she grew up loaded and privileged but was poverty stricken in the only currency that matters for women - looks.

by Anonymousreply 265March 12, 2019 4:32 PM

It was funny how they made Tori/Donna DO DISERABLE in the later years because it was a crock

She had a campus rapist, Garrett Slain, stalk her and hold her hostage and bound and gagged her and in season 7, she got another stalker named Evan her co worker at the campus TV station, where she was doing the weather,Evan trued to kill her by running her over with his car, which was hilarious and then decided to hold her hostage live on TV at the station and arrange for a getaway car for the two of them so they could be together.

Evan even called her, non sarcastically, "the most beautiful girl on this campus"

LOL

In season 5, she even had two hunks fighting over her, Griffin Stone and Ray Pruitt and then in season 6 she once again had two hunks fighting over her, Joe, who proposed to her and David

It was like watching science fiction

by Anonymousreply 266March 12, 2019 5:50 PM

She's a dried up old hag. If she pops out a few more kids she can become do a new reality show " #OctoMom2 "

by Anonymousreply 267March 12, 2019 10:44 PM

R267 don't give her any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 268March 13, 2019 2:13 AM

Dean's only sticking around waiting for Candy to kick the bucket,and it will be payday, or so he thinks. Candy has most likely left son Randy as sole executor of her estate, controlling what Tori gets, and when she gets it. Or maybe, she set up a trust for Tori's kids, and neither Tori nor Dean can access those funds. When Dean realizes that the party's over, he'll skip out on his happy family, just like he did with family #1, and take up with whoever he's currently having an affair with.

Candy will probably live to be 100+ yrs.

by Anonymousreply 269March 13, 2019 3:00 AM

STRIKE THE MATCH!!!

by Anonymousreply 270March 13, 2019 3:13 AM

R269 Candy probably has more locks on her will than the UA treasury. You know she won't let him get a red cent

by Anonymousreply 271March 13, 2019 4:04 AM

I totally forgot about this scene. Dylan's face in the last gif kills me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 13, 2019 3:30 PM

R272 I think that's when they were fighting over Kelly towards the end of season 4 and Claire Arnold,the Chancellor's daughter, was introduced and was a nymphomaniac who wanted Brandon and she tied herself to his bed

And she got the goods on Brandon's affair with his married Lucinda Nichols a storyline from earlier in season 4 and she threatened to expose the affair at some college political weekend getaway, that Brandon took Kelly with him to and they (finally) had sex for the first time, while poor Dylan was having his $8 million trust fund swindled by con artists Kevin and Suzanne in Beverly HILLS and Brenda finally admitted to Dylan that he's the love of her life and will always be and they have sex again, while Brenda's twin brother Brandon is having sex with Dylan's ex Kelly...

by Anonymousreply 273March 13, 2019 3:58 PM

[Quote] ,the Chancellor's daughter, was introduced and was a nymphomaniac who wanted Brandon and she tied herself to his bed

I always forget about Claire & Brandon. They should've put her with Steve from the beginning since they had the best chemistry together (despite the writers turning into a complete asshole before she left the show).

[Quote] And she got the goods on Brandon's affair with his married Lucinda Nichols a storyline from earlier in season 4

Lucinda Nichols was a fun character. Dina played a similar type in a few of her roles.

by Anonymousreply 274March 13, 2019 4:14 PM

We still don't know who Luke fucked. Goddamn it. I'll settle for deets on Jason.

by Anonymousreply 275March 13, 2019 5:21 PM

The Valerie vs. Kelly rivalry/ bitchy hatefest was the MAIN thing to watch for Seasons 5- the beginning of season 9 when Valerie left.

Of course I was team Valerie

But how many guys did these two both sleep with?

Dylan, Steve, Colin, Tom and possibly Brandon, it was left ambiguous whether Brandon and Valerie had a one night stand

Also Valerie was on and off with Kelly's step brother, David Silver and I remember Valerie trying to seduce Kelly's dad, when she went into business with him, Bill Taylor and Kelly around like "Dad TELL me you're not sleeping with HER!" in horror (!). Bill also got engaged to and almost married, they called it off at the altar, Valerie's Mom, Abby Malone, much to Valerie's and Kelly's sheer horror

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2019 2:20 PM

[Quote] But how many guys did these two both sleep with?

Why does that matter?? Brandon, Dylan and Steve were no better in that department.

[Quote] it was left ambiguous whether Brandon and Valerie had a one night stand

I don't think it was.

[Quote] The Valerie vs. Kelly rivalry/ bitchy hatefest was the MAIN thing to watch for Seasons 5

They were great. Probably helped that they didn't like each other irl at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2019 2:54 PM

Jennie and Luke dated IRL off and on throughout their lives.

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2019 6:40 PM

Um...what R278? Luke was married for most of 90210 and she was with Peter by the time he was divorced

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Well this was according to Shannen when she was on WWHL

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2019 7:33 PM

That is the reason why Luke and Minnie his first wife got divorced. He was seeing Jennie Garth on and off for years. She was the real love of his life. When Jennie and Peter Facinelli got divorced he started seeing Jennie again. She was always very possessive of him and gave him very little room. That is why their relationship could never work out. But he did love her just couldn’t live with her. They have always denied it but if you google pictures of them their chemistry is undeniable. And she loved him.......truth.

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2019 11:36 PM

r281 When Jennie divorced Peter Luke was already seeing Madison, the fiancee.

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2019 11:48 PM

R281 don't tell the Brenda/Dylan aka "Brylan" fan base that, they would loose their shit

They hate Kelly/ Jennie with a passion and blame Kelly for the breakup of the great love affair of Dylan and Brenda, they also claim that Kelly/Jennie had ZERO chemistry with Dylan/Luke

There are 40 and 50 something women on social media who STILL get into argument about the Dylan/Kelly/Brenda 90210 love triangle

They'll cut a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2019 11:56 PM

Yes, R282 he was starting to Madison but was also seeing Jennie. There are pictures all over the internet of them together but he always proclaimed they were only “friends”.

by Anonymousreply 284March 15, 2019 12:02 AM

r284 Jennie and Peter divorced in 2012. Luke and Madison started dating in 2007-2008ish, that would mean Luke was 4-5 years in with Madison when Jennie and Peter got divorced.

by Anonymousreply 285March 15, 2019 12:03 AM

R 284, They were dating they were NOT exclusive until last few years.

by Anonymousreply 286March 15, 2019 12:08 AM

r281 I wondered if Luke's divorce was because he fucked around with Jennie.

by Anonymousreply 287March 15, 2019 12:13 AM

r286 Wow, Madison really got the shitty end of this whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 288March 15, 2019 12:13 AM

Tiffani was more attractive than Jennie.

by Anonymousreply 289March 15, 2019 2:24 AM

R281 not all that surprising but thanks for sharing.

R283 Shannen and Luke had great chemistry. But I thought he was getting sick of Shannen's bullshit and that's how Kelly/Dylan began. Honestly they all should've gone their separate ways. How often do you end up with your high school sweetheart lol

R289 was that not obvious??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 15, 2019 6:09 AM

Damn that pic is CRUEL R290. I'm sure Candy has it framed

by Anonymousreply 291March 15, 2019 6:09 AM

R291 lol it'd be weird if she did. And Tiffani looks good with blonde hair but she should stick to being a brunette.

by Anonymousreply 292March 15, 2019 8:54 AM

I'm not buying that Luke and Jennie had an ongoing affair throughout their lives. They probably boned once or twice but affair?—the timeline doesn’t add up. Luke would’ve had to been cheating on Madison or Jennie would’ve had to been cheating on Peter, because the two different times Luke and Jennie were , allegedly, together coincidence with the beginning of Jennie and Peter’s relationship and Five years into the relationship Luke was in with Madison.

by Anonymousreply 293March 15, 2019 1:52 PM

^^^^^coincide

by Anonymousreply 294March 15, 2019 1:53 PM

R277 I meant BOTH Valerie and Kelly SHARED the sane men between the sheets which is nasty, even for soap opera chararacters

They BOTH slept with Dylan, Colin, Tom, Steve, Brandon

So it would be a new triangle with Kelly and Valerie and some dude that would play out over multiple episodes every season....

by Anonymousreply 295March 15, 2019 2:30 PM

I always thought that Ian was the hot one. Definitely my body type.

by Anonymousreply 296March 15, 2019 2:44 PM

[Quote] I meant BOTH Valerie and Kelly SHARED the sane men between the sheets which is nasty, even for soap opera chararacters

It was pathetic that the writers constantly had them going after each others men. But that's what happens when a show has been on for 5+ seasons and the characters are no longer in high school.

by Anonymousreply 297March 15, 2019 3:20 PM

Soaps have more partner-swapping than anyone would deal with in real life. Everyone has dated or married their friend's/sibling's/parent's ex

by Anonymousreply 298March 15, 2019 4:44 PM

R298 yes

Brandon and Brenda are twins, Brenda was with Dylan who cheated on her with her so called best friend Kelly who was with and engaged to her twin Brandon (until he left her at the altar in the season 8 finale)

Kelly's Mom Jackie married (twice) and divorced David Silver's dad, Mel Silver. In season 1 David has a crush on Kelly and tries to get with her numerous times, by the season 2 finale after Jackie and Mel marry, the first time, they're now step siblings

Steve's mother, Samantha and Claire's father Chancellor Arnold dated briefly, while their children Steve and Claire, were also dating. Awkward

David dated Gina, the love of his life's and future wife's Donna's cousin, who was later revealed to be her sister, they broke up when Gina cheated on David with Dylan and he walked in on them doing the nasty

Kelly's father, Bill Taylor, was engaged to Valerie's Mom, Abby Malone, she left him at the altar

Claire mentioned in season 5 that "no one acknowledges how incestous this group is", with her usual Gen X snark and that was after she made her way through Brandon (season 4), David (season 5) and then came Steve (season 6), Prince Carl (yes an actual Prince also season 6), back to Steve (season 7), Dick (season 7 but he died of a drug overdose) , Steve again (season 7) and leaving the show.

by Anonymousreply 299March 15, 2019 6:34 PM

This is R299, Valerie also seduced and slept with her mother's new husband, Carl (not the prince another Carl) in season 9. I remember Abby's wedding to Carl and Abby telling Valerie to kiss her new Stepfather, while a flashback popped up of them doing the nasty the night before

After Abby found out and that Valerie had also killed her father years back in self defense, she divorce Carl but Carl was in love with Valerie and Valerie told him she was only using him because she knew it would hurt her mother and to get back at her

by Anonymousreply 300March 15, 2019 6:43 PM

[Quote] Claire mentioned in season 5 that "no one acknowledges how incestous this group is",

Lol yes! And she was right. I think it was just after she found out about Kelly & Steve.....?

by Anonymousreply 301March 15, 2019 6:51 PM

Clare was never with Brandon, Prince Carl or Dick. She had a crush on Brandon, Prince Carl wanted her, and Dick was just some dude. She only nailed David and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 302March 15, 2019 9:04 PM

I’m not buying the Luke/Jennie love affair.

by Anonymousreply 303March 15, 2019 9:05 PM

They were fucking r303

by Anonymousreply 304March 15, 2019 10:05 PM

Blonde does not suit Tiffani.

by Anonymousreply 305March 16, 2019 1:57 AM

Depends on the shade of blonde. And also the cut lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 16, 2019 3:55 AM

This isn't so bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 16, 2019 3:57 AM

She still looked better with it dark.

by Anonymousreply 308March 16, 2019 3:57 AM

Cracks me up that this is all back in fashion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 16, 2019 4:21 AM

Shannen is officially on board. This shitfest might actually be worth checking out. Sad about Luke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 27, 2019 2:48 AM

How will the address Luke’s death? Will Dylan be killed off?!

by Anonymousreply 311April 27, 2019 11:02 PM

Maybe Brenda and Kelly will both be pregnant with Dylan’s baby and will raise them together in his death.

by Anonymousreply 312April 27, 2019 11:39 PM

Kelly already has a son with Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 313April 28, 2019 3:57 AM

My goodness you people are idiots. They're playing themselves in the new series, not their old characters.

by Anonymousreply 314May 3, 2019 4:30 AM

Has anyone seen the shitty promos. Gabrielle Carteris looks shit, as you would expect, but she looks so old. Even Tori with the concave tits look better than her. She looks like a wrinkled little boy.

by Anonymousreply 315May 15, 2019 1:05 AM

I was at the Fox Upfront presentation yesterday at the Beacon Theatre. Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carters, Jason Priestley and Brian Austin Green got up on stage with Fox CEO of Entertainment Charlie Collier. They mentioned Shannen Doherty and said she couldn’t make the presentation but she’d be on the show. They never mentioned Luke Perry.

by Anonymousreply 316May 15, 2019 1:16 AM

Surprised that Ian Ziering looks good in the promos. Shannon looks great too for having just beaten cancer.

R316 Pretty shocking. Has he even been buried yet and already they are ignoring him.

by Anonymousreply 317May 15, 2019 1:46 AM

They should have them move into a retirement community where they continue their back stabbing and melodramatic high school lives into their golden years,

by Anonymousreply 318May 15, 2019 1:48 AM

Ondrea would be long dead and I can just see Kelly having her 300th pregnancy scare, Steve stealing viagra and Brenda educating everyone on the issues of vaginal dryness in women over 80. Smash hit.

by Anonymousreply 319May 15, 2019 1:55 AM

How rude, they show have said something about Luke. Disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 320May 15, 2019 2:12 AM

I hope they show showing up to a table reading talking like Lavoyne.

by Anonymousreply 321May 15, 2019 2:27 AM

Hope they show Shannen

by Anonymousreply 322May 15, 2019 2:27 AM

Jason turned into Russell Crowe. Gabrielle looks like a granny. Ian hasn't aged in the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 323May 15, 2019 3:28 AM

Carol looks very granola.

by Anonymousreply 324May 15, 2019 3:37 AM

R321🤣

by Anonymousreply 325May 15, 2019 7:30 AM

This "reboot" will be nothing without Val

by Anonymousreply 326May 15, 2019 2:32 PM

R326 = Tiffani Theissen

by Anonymousreply 327May 15, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]IT IS NOT A "REBOOT" IF IT STARS THE SAME ACTORS!!!!!! It's a revival.

Absolutely wrong. Broadway revivals (labeled such at the Tonys) don’t star the same actors, but do feature the same CHARACTERS.

To expand, “reboot” is a term derived from current technology and it means the act of restarting a computer or any other system-based technology. The software components remain the same and are just updated/actualized.

In theater/film terms, with a REBOOT the premise remains the same, but other elements are changed, tweaked or updated (Will and Grace don’t have kids, Dan Conner is alive, the same characters have aged and it’s twenty years later, etc) to fit viewer tastes or compatibility. This may or may NOT include casting changes.

If it’s the same premise but with a different setting (One Day at a Time), time period (Romeo and Juliet/West Side Story), or characterizations (21 Jump Street), it’s usually called a REMAKE.

If the script - or in the case of a multi-series project, the premise and characters - are completely unchanged but portrayed in a project produced sometime later by different actors, THAT’S a REVIVAL.

by Anonymousreply 328May 15, 2019 11:27 PM

This is just a brand new show people.

by Anonymousreply 329May 16, 2019 4:52 AM

I can't believe they actually got Tori and Shannen in the same room. And I agree with you R326 but I feel like that would be pushing our luck.

by Anonymousreply 330May 16, 2019 5:41 AM

There are TWO different original Beverly Hills 90210's

There's the original teen drama series with soapy elements of the first 3 seasons and then in season 4 it transitions into an all out young adult Melrose Place influenced nighttime soap opera of Seasons 5-10

The Valerie Malone era, which begins in season 5, is a lot of fun and even bat shit crazy at times. It's a COMPLETELY different show from season 1

by Anonymousreply 331May 16, 2019 2:05 PM

I quit before the Valerie Malone era. I couldn't make it to California U., even.

by Anonymousreply 332May 16, 2019 2:22 PM

R332 you missed out on a lit of juicy stuff then

In season 5, Valerie's first year. Valerie is dating Steve and immediately two times him by sleeping with Dylan because Brenda had always told her he was the love of her life, Dylan becomes a drug addict and in a literal cliff hanger drives his car off a cliff and is in a coma, Kelly blames Valerie for Dylan being in a coma and the hatred begins!

Kelly and Brandon's secret romance that began at the end of season 4 becomes public and Brandon cheats on Kelly with psycho ex Emily Valentine, while Kelly almost dies after being burnt in a sorority house fire which was set by Griffin Stone to get back at Donna after Donna dumped him for poor guy Ray Pruitt, Griffin then frames Steve Sanders for the fire and Steve is arrested, Kelly is burnt and her Lesbian new friend Allison, is burnt and later after a miracle plastic surgery where she's beautiful Again, confesses that she's secretly in love with Kelly!

David and Claire become a couple after going hunting for UFO's(!) In New Mexico, Brandon runs for school Senate and his opponent from season 4, Josh Richland, agrees to join forces and run with Brandon, but he's schockingly killed off in a freak car accident outside the Peach Pit

Andrea begins an extra marital affair with Dr. Peter and decides to divorce Jesse, who also is revealed to be having an affair

After Dylan wakes up frohis coma, he receives a letter from his kidnapped long lost sister Erin and they go to find her and get his millions back from the evil Kevin and Suzanne in Mexico, with Valerie going undercover

After the fire, Kelly joins a cult (!) called the New Evolution and is brainawashed and moves in with the cult

A serial rapist is on the loose at CU and first goes after Claire and then Donna, with him breaking into her apartment and tying her up and getting ready to rape her when David comes in to save her

Ray begins sleeping with Valerie who later blackmails him to.leave town it she'll tell Donna and Valerie fires him from the After Dark, the club that she owns with her money she got from the Mexico adventure with Dylan, after he turns down her repeated sexual advances

Ray starts hitting Donna and accusing her of sleeping with David, Claire breaks up with David because she feels he still loves Donna, Dylan finds out the name of the man who killed his father in season 3 and begins his revenge storyline, Dylan also goes under hypnosis and travels back in time when he finds out that he and Kelly were lovers in a previous life.

Dylan than offers Kelly a trip around the world while Brandon proposes marraige to her and the Kelly/Dylan/ Brandon triangle heats up

Kelly chooses herself....

by Anonymousreply 333May 16, 2019 2:40 PM

There were three eras.

The first overly earnest season.

The high school drama.

The Valerie Malone era.

by Anonymousreply 334May 17, 2019 2:10 AM

I loved most of that first season with the morality lessons. I thought the date rape, Brandon's DUI arrest and Brenda's shoplifting episodes were great.

by Anonymousreply 335May 17, 2019 3:12 AM

R333, thanks, but I watched enough to know I had no interest in post-high school 90210.

by Anonymousreply 336May 17, 2019 3:16 AM

My god, the stories from r333 sound so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 337May 17, 2019 3:32 AM

R335 I like season one as well. It still makes me chuckle when Cindy tells the girl that maybe she should try to [italic]steal her parents attention[/italic] instead of shoplifting.

by Anonymousreply 338May 17, 2019 9:55 AM

LOL, yes! That line was cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 339May 17, 2019 11:52 AM

R337 it got crazy and was definitely influenced by sister series Melrose Place and even the other prime time soap in the same "universe", Models Inc. starring Linda Gray of Dallas fame and Emma Samns of Dynasty fame

90210/Melrose/Models Inc all exist in the same universe

by Anonymousreply 340May 17, 2019 1:15 PM

Melrose Place was always better, except for Val

by Anonymousreply 341May 17, 2019 1:41 PM

Except for the initial first season episodes until Jo showed up.

by Anonymousreply 342May 17, 2019 8:58 PM

I need to re-watch Models Inc. Must have been pretty bad since there's only one season.

by Anonymousreply 343May 17, 2019 9:02 PM

Models Inc was so over the top. It was like MP but on steroids. I really enjoyed it and still hate this it got cancelled so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 344May 17, 2019 9:29 PM

It needs to be released on DVD.

by Anonymousreply 345May 17, 2019 10:25 PM

Melrose Place was horrid. I can't believe any of you watched it.

by Anonymousreply 346May 17, 2019 10:57 PM

R345 there are so many one shot series that still haven't been released on dvd 😕

by Anonymousreply 347May 18, 2019 12:02 AM

I loved Models Inc. First place where I saw Carrie Anne Moss. And I love Linda Gray in full bitch mode.

by Anonymousreply 348May 18, 2019 1:17 AM

[Quote] First place where I saw Carrie Anne Moss.

Same!

by Anonymousreply 349May 18, 2019 2:01 AM

Apparently a huge chunk of the writing staff for the new show/reboot quit today.

by Anonymousreply 350May 18, 2019 2:02 AM

Yesterday's news, R350. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 351May 18, 2019 2:14 AM

Shannen ranted on Instagram not to believe these stories.

by Anonymousreply 352May 18, 2019 4:18 AM

[Quote] Tori Spelling face look like her neck took a shit.

I died at this comment on CDAN 😂

by Anonymousreply 353May 21, 2019 1:43 PM

I’m watching season 6 again. Kelly on coke is more interesting than Kelly otherwise. I love the looks between Val and Kelly.

Any more Tiffani gossip!

by Anonymousreply 354June 25, 2020 5:43 AM

[Quote] Any more Tiffani gossip!

I feel like she was the least scandalous out of the 90210 cast.

by Anonymousreply 355June 25, 2020 12:40 PM

R345: At the time, Melrose Place was one of the few shows that had a gay character...at least as one of the main players. That was a big deal at the time. That, and some other eye candy, spelled "appointment TV."

by Anonymousreply 356June 25, 2020 1:37 PM

^^^ I meant R346. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 357June 25, 2020 1:38 PM

Dang, I’m rewatching the Jack dies storyline tonight and Luke Perry’s acting was very good in it. I’d forgotten how great he was.

by Anonymousreply 358January 8, 2021 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!