Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Amazing Race 31 Premiers May 22, 2019

It started filming in Hermosa Beach, California on June 10, 2018 to send 22 contestants in a race around the world with former contestants from TAR, Big Brother and Survivor. The winners crossed the finish line in Detroit on July 3.

Five of the teams competed on previous seasons of “The Amazing Race” with varying results:

Colin Guinn and Christie Woods (Season 5: second place);

Art Velez and John James “JJ” Carrell (Season 20: second place);

Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl (Season 28: third place);

Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran (Season 23: fourth place); and

Becca Droz and Floyd Pierce (Season 29: fifth place).

Three teams are drawn from “Big Brother” contestants, with one of those also having competed on “TAR.”

Victor Arroyo (Season 18) and Nicole Franzel (Seasons 16, 18);

Britney Haynes (Seasons 12, 14) and Janelle Pierzina (Seasons 6, 7, 14); and

Rachel Reilly (Seasons 12, 13; TAR Seasons 20 and 24) and her sister Elissa Slater (Season 15).

And three teams are made up of former “Survivor” contestants:

Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs. Villains, and Blood vs. Water) and Laura Boneham (Blood vs. Water);

Chris Hammons and Bret LaBelle (Millennials vs. Gen X); and

Corinne Kaplan (Gabon, Caramoan) and Eliza Orlins (Vanuatu, Fans vs. Favorites).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2019 7:15 PM

Rachel AGAIN? Blech.

Ditto Tyler Oakley.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2019 4:57 PM

I can't stand nasal whiney "play dumb because I think it's sexy" Nicole Franzel. It's going to be very hard to watch - we aren't getting real people - we are getting reality whores who are competing for camera time. I realize that TAR is doing this in order to survive (ratings apparently went up with that whore from Big Brother and her homophobic and crazy army husband), but I doubt the season will be much fun.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2019 5:51 PM

and also - why couldn't they get the best Amazing Race team of all time - Charla and Myrna!

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2019 5:58 PM

I hate the stunt casting. Just cast normal people, not reality star wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2019 7:39 PM

One of the things that made The Amazing Race so special was the fact that these were real people with real relationships. With this edition, they have completely lost that.

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2019 7:52 PM

There is plenty to hate with this cast, Rupert Boneham and wife for me, but I suspect I will still love TAR and watch every episode. The nice thing about TAR is no one person can suck up too much screen time because the show needs to show the progress of all the teams not just concentrate on a couple of people.

Last year The Amazing Race 30 aired in January now we have to wait until May for a season to start. Plus they finished filming July 3, I just don't understand why they are waiting until May, almost a year later to air season 31. I guess CBS didn't have any new shows bomb this season where they needed a replacement.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote] and also - why couldn't they get the best Amazing Race team of all time - Charla and Myrna!

Everyone will never agree on who should have been asked back, I only vaguely remember Charla and Mirna, ( the correct spelling of her name) and we don't know who was asked and declined. I am glad they are getting these all stars out of their system and hopefully go back to newbies next year, provided TAR is renewed.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2019 10:57 PM

I'm not so sure TAR will be renewed as we are only getting one cycle a year and CBS clearly didn't think it was an asset to its schedule.

The good news is Netflix or some other partner would LOVE to have this content with a built in audience, so even if CBS cancels, someone else would pick up the format.

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2019 6:25 PM

More Rachel? I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2019 6:38 PM

I like Tyler Oakley, but do I like him enough to watch Survivor's Rupert running and waiting for him to keel over and die from exhaustion?

Reading the cast of this season makes me want to take a shower. Big Brother and Survivor teams? This is so tragic and desperate. I think I'll rather wait for The Amazing Race Canada. So far I loved each season of the Canadian version, because they pick some great and likable teams.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2019 6:41 PM

Victor loves eating pussy! I hope they show him eating out Whiney Nicole’s snatch!!

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2019 6:56 PM

Why not the two queens who blew an afternoon shopping in Singapore? I love those guys.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2019 7:41 PM

I believe they were in an All Star season as well.

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2019 7:50 PM

The only people I look forward to watching are Colin and Christie from season 5.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2019 10:12 PM

Someone—anyone—please push Tyler Oaky into traffic

by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2019 10:24 PM

Photos of the teams

(It's interesting that CBS calls them "the cast" on its website.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2019 8:52 PM

Tyler doesn't bother me and I have a huge crush on his race partner Korey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2019 9:12 PM

I thought that Caleb Reynolds was supposed to be on the show???

I was so looking forward to him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2019 9:37 PM

Caleb was the sexiest m.f. on both Big Brother AND Survivor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2019 9:38 PM

Caleb humping Frankie Grande...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2019 9:39 PM

Rachel and Nicole and Rachel's sister Elissa on the same seaoson? I might vomit. IT could only be worse if Cody and Jessica were on it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2019 1:28 AM

Any bets on how soon into the season Rachel ugly cries?

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2019 2:35 AM

Ugly cry, ugly laugh, ugly whining, ugly panic, take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2019 9:05 AM

Even the promise of Phil’s mighty bulge couldn’t get me to watch this.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2019 10:16 AM

Cody was the hottest guy ever! And he pumped up the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2019 11:31 AM

[quote] Any bets on how soon into the season Rachel ugly cries?

I was wonder whether Rachel or her sister would cry first.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2019 12:55 PM

And yet, every one of you queens will watch and post weekly about why you hated this iteration.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2019 1:47 PM

I hate all of this CBS reality show crossover crap. I have only seen a couple of episodes of BB and Survivor because I hate the shows.....and the contestants.....

TAR was fun because it was regular folks out to win the money and we saw how their relationships weathered the strain....no one was really fighting for camera time or trying to create a "character."

Now we get this! I'll watch for awhile....ugh....reality whores are NOT good TV. If I wanted to see them, I'd watch Bravo or VH1.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2019 1:52 PM

Hottest Man EVER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2019 1:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2019 1:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2019 1:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2019 1:56 PM

Cody is like Andy Cohen short, and Jessica is even smaller. Their kids will be migies. And Cody is not the hottest to ever compete. This guy is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2019 2:15 PM

Fuck yeah. I'm here for the clusterfuck of Corinne & Eliza. I expect cunty bitchiness and skulduggery. Though I would have loved it even more if Corinne was teamed up with ice queen dyke Ami . Still should be a good pairing if they don't go out first.

Big fuck no to Rachel. I am not looking forward to a puffy faced forty something weeping and wailing over a broken nail or her insecurities over a man.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2019 2:35 PM

Whiny crying Rachel? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2019 2:44 PM

Will they address the recent death of Dentist Jim?

(And OP--the word is PREMIERES.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2019 3:42 PM

Most likely suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2019 3:45 PM

Due to the big lag time between filming and airing, lots of reported spoilers. I've seen the countries visited and the entire boot list right up to the winners and if it's accurate, a lot of you will be very happy. And it's being reported that the show has been moved up to April 17 behind Survivor with that Ninja Warrior knock-off going to Saturdays.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2019 9:03 PM

I hated Jim. Not surprised he snuffed it. Chronic roid rage, dealing with a dumb as dog shit, insecure, needy wife all the time and abusing teeth whitener and tanning beds. I bet he was a coke fiend too.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2019 10:32 PM

Thanks R38 - I read a spoilers article, and I do feel much better.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2019 10:33 PM

Janelle was the best BB player ever (although she never won). She is super competitive.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2019 10:57 PM

That Ninja Warrior knock-off, R38, is horrible! Have you seen it yet? Your thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2019 11:53 PM

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but Jim in his season seemed to have anger issues. I wondered if there was some verbal abuse between him and his wife (or worse) given the signs she exhibited, and/or some PTSD he was dealing with.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2019 11:55 PM

R42 Yeah, I watched the eps they've aired. It's a passable waste of time but pretty apparent very few if any will go all the way. The dancer was terrible and I was surprised the boxer, big as he was, did so well. Big, muscle-bound palookas usually get done in by their size but he had admirable stamina. seems like a better fit for Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2019 12:46 AM

Yep, I agree, R44, and I wasn't a fan of Tim Tebow's screeching through the whole episode.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2019 12:56 AM

It's actually starting on April 17, not May 22.

by Anonymousreply 46April 10, 2019 11:32 PM

Yeah, I mentioned that about 8 posts ago.

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2019 1:25 AM

To be clear:

The Amazing Race premiere has been moved to next Wednesday, April 17 as R38/R47 mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2019 4:00 AM

I’ve heard that Rachel’s pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2019 8:53 AM

Used to love this show but this cast is a bust and the fact it's almost a year in the can doesn't sound promising.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2019 9:07 AM

My friends, yes you are correct. The appeal of this show is that the contestants were people such as you or even I. I am a regular person just like yourself. I am not a millionaire or reality show whore.

Your continued interest in me and my partner is most welcome. And remember - learn to drive a stick shift.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2019 9:16 PM

Yes, R51! Amazing Race requirements:

- Learn to drive a stick shift.

- Carry an electronic toll pass from all sections of the U.S. Some cabs don't have them.

- Learn basic phrases in common languages.

- NEVER lose sight of your fanny pack.

- Don't be a big dick to airline personnel and travel agents. If you HAVE a big dick, however, please show us.

Any others?

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2019 11:13 PM

Know how to swim. Don't be afraid of heights.

by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2019 11:26 PM

I can't wait for Wednesday,.,...the World is Waiting!!!!

by Anonymousreply 54April 12, 2019 3:49 PM

Jim the dentist did have rage issues, rumor has it he was deeply closeted and could not deal with it ala Aaron Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 55April 12, 2019 7:44 PM

The results of who wins each leg as well as the final are already all over the internet. They filmed this shit almost a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2019 9:58 PM

Tonight's the premier.

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2019 11:31 PM

Korey got really fucking hot. Even Tyler looks damn good. Go Team Gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2019 8:28 AM

Some of those Survivor/BB contestants are even dumber than I imagined them to be.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2019 4:52 PM

Lots of fake drama in episode one with those two pink shirted women reading everyone else to filth. Can't stand Rupert, but his wife actually seemed cool - not fake like the rest of the cast.

Colin and Christie are so LA now. Janelle did not get a lot of face time last night, so I think she's a goner soon.

It was a pretty good start to the season, but I am afraid that other teams will start acting for the camera more so they won't be Philiminated.

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2019 6:21 PM

Am I the only one who has always liked Eliza? She had to carry major loads in challenges when that fucking Scout would sit out every one. I thought she was a lot of fun in all her seasons (and pretty too).

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2019 6:31 PM

Colin and Christie are my favorite team. Mainly because I find Colin HOT AS FUCK.

I don't like Leo and Jamal. They're still fucking obnoxious.

I hate Rupert, but I give him credit for finishing the leg. Those border patrol friends/lovers are pathetic. So he lost 40 pounds, but now he's in worse shape than ever? Good job.

I don't have many favorites in this season, so I'm going to go with the ones that I actually don't mind, who are Colin/Christie and Becca/Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2019 7:15 PM

At least I don't hate anyone as much as Jess Skank and Cody Trump Fan

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2019 7:22 PM

The Amazing Recycle

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2019 7:30 PM

Again, some of you will be very happy with the outcome. Just sayin'. Spoilers were correct for the first elimination. Cracked up at the pink girls saying Rupert's too old for the game.

by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2019 9:03 PM

Victor is dumb and cute.

I never knew him on Big Brother, but he is really attractive.

I can't believe that Nicole didn't like him. Was he on the season with Zach, Frankie, Cody, and Caleb?

Anyway, I'll bet he's really good in bed. Dumb guys usually are. And check out those HUGE nipples on him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2019 9:25 PM

Who's this massaging Victor on BB?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2019 9:26 PM

Victor's boyd. O.m.g.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2019 9:28 PM

R52,I would add to your already great list,to read and understand thoroughly what the clues are saying.

by Anonymousreply 69April 19, 2019 12:35 AM

When Korey ran out in his leotard to climb the slide, it looked like he was packing.

by Anonymousreply 70April 19, 2019 4:09 AM

Victor went on a pussy eating tour across America after Big Brother and before he got with Nicole. He loves eating pussy.

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2019 2:50 AM

Leo is gay, right? So that makes 4 gay men on this season?

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2019 3:17 AM

Is Brittany the one from the BB season with all the racial controversy? The season with that awful Gina Marie?

by Anonymousreply 73April 21, 2019 4:36 AM

No, Brittney was on the same BB season as Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 74April 21, 2019 6:04 AM

The show jumped the shark when they brought in big brother contestants. I loved that is was once one if the nicer, fairer reality shows but they couldn’t resist the drama angle

by Anonymousreply 75April 21, 2019 6:55 AM

So even with 4 gays no one is interested?

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2019 1:01 AM

There’s been very little of Janelle/Britney-I hope this means they go far in the game.

by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2019 1:15 AM

No eye candy, R76.

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2019 1:22 AM

Who's the fourth gay? I only count three.

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2019 1:30 AM

R79, if Leo's gay, the 4th one would be Brett, the burly cop from Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2019 1:42 AM

I counted Bret, Tyler, and Korey. I didn't know Leo is gay! I can see it and he pinged, but I didn't know he was out.

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2019 1:45 AM

Phil’s basket this episode!

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2019 1:52 AM

Leo was gay from hello. C'mon ladies.

by Anonymousreply 83April 26, 2019 3:19 AM

Becca and Floyd (Team Fun) seem very gay to me though they’re supposedly dating each other. 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 26, 2019 3:42 AM

Do the Afghanimals have hairy holes?

by Anonymousreply 85April 26, 2019 3:49 AM

I love the shit out of this show especially compared to The Bachelor and Bachelorette (and Big Brother).

by Anonymousreply 86April 28, 2019 5:21 AM

I don't know how the ratings are but it's depressing how there are zero comments here after a new episode airs. Is there another thread or is there just no interest this season?

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2019 9:07 AM

There is another thread on this season, but it doesn't have that many comments either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 2, 2019 2:48 PM

LOL why would you choose DANCING if you can't dance?

18 tries!

by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2019 2:54 PM

Brett gets hotter every episode. What's his story?

by Anonymousreply 90May 2, 2019 9:19 PM

Team Fun are a lot more fun this season than in their previous season.

I hate the Riley sisters with a passion. They're so LA-fake with the lips, make-up, and speech pattern, and are completely self-absorbed.

The Afghanimals are always a good time.

The married couple - with the hot husband and pretty therapist wife - are inching closer to the husband's head exploding in a major temper tantrum like he did in his previous season. I feel like he's constantly working to control his temper, and he's not far from the edge at any given moment.

Korey of Tyler and Korey has turned into a cutey. I'm glad we're not hearing Tyler's annoying laugh this season.

by Anonymousreply 91May 2, 2019 11:55 PM

Floyd is so sexy

by Anonymousreply 92May 5, 2019 1:48 AM

I thought Becca was the fourth gay player.

by Anonymousreply 93May 5, 2019 1:55 AM

I think Brett wants to have bear sex with Chris.

by Anonymousreply 94May 5, 2019 1:59 AM

R93, Becca loves cocks.

by Anonymousreply 95May 5, 2019 2:00 AM

I think Becca and Floyd are now "dating", but Becca does have a very masculine energy. Floyd is a little flamboyant, so they balance each other out.

by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2019 2:04 AM

I want Bret and Korey to hookup.

by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2019 2:05 AM

Bret is a butch Boston cop. He’s swimming in dick. He doesn’t need to slum it with a WeHo podcast queen.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2019 2:36 AM

I wonder if Bret likes to cuddle, because I want to cuddle him so bad.

by Anonymousreply 99May 5, 2019 2:40 AM

Chris looks like a cuddler, too.

by Anonymousreply 100May 5, 2019 4:39 AM

I imagine sex between them would be like grizzly bears mating in the wild.

by Anonymousreply 101May 5, 2019 7:21 AM

Rumor has it the next survivor is filled with former amazing race contestants.

by Anonymousreply 102May 8, 2019 12:47 PM

Interesting, R102. I read somewhere that we may recognize the next batch of Survivor folks, but none are returning players. Former AR contestants makes sense, although I'd prefer tribes made up of guys from The Bachelorette ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 8, 2019 4:04 PM

Guys from The Bachelorete would never appear on Survivor......no makeup budget.

by Anonymousreply 104May 8, 2019 5:05 PM

Andrew Christian would be a great sponsor of that though. All the boys in AC for the competitions :)

by Anonymousreply 105May 8, 2019 10:32 PM

Bump for the new episode!

by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2019 1:01 AM

The first five minutes of this episode have been more entertai9than the last three shows combined lol.

Bret: don't hurt yourself

Chris: falls down

by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2019 1:06 AM

"She didn't grow up in a trailer park, riding dirt bikes!"

Lol what a bitch

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2019 1:35 AM

Eliza and Corinne thinking the guys standing up in the boats were showing them how to do the task is just too funny.

by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2019 1:48 AM

So glad those two bitches are out.

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2019 2:34 AM

This thread was started first, so I guess this is the one we should use, but it's weird that both threads have about the same amount of responses

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2019 3:02 AM

Eliza’s and Corinne’s bitterness 😂

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2019 3:40 AM

Best episode so far!

by Anonymousreply 113May 9, 2019 3:41 AM

I can't stand the Riley sisters. So fake and self-absorbed. I'd rather have Eliza and Corinne in the race over the Rileys.

by Anonymousreply 114May 9, 2019 5:20 AM

I don't like the lip sisters but Eliza and Corinne were massive sore losers. Good riddance

by Anonymousreply 115May 9, 2019 7:07 AM

When it gets to be too much for me.....I go back to the spoilers and I feel better.

So glad those girls are gone.....what a couple of pills....Eliza should have been eliminated for her eyebrows alone. And the sister with lip injections is another jerk.

I am glad the show is getting better as it goes along - but I can see why this season was held back so long. Maybe, Producers, it's because you stopped using REAL people.....the the REAL people who are watching can enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 116May 9, 2019 3:46 PM

Glad those bitches got eliminated. Ha ha ha ha ha ha cunts.

by Anonymousreply 117May 10, 2019 8:32 AM

Also different network, R104.

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2019 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!