Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay actor James Dreyfus is Gender Critical

His twitter bio says “don’t call me ‘cis’”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 6:47 PM

He is a 0 on the trans-spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2019 2:18 PM

Glad to hear it. I loved him on Gimme Gimme Gimme.

It seems that the few British/Irish celebrities who have recommended caution on trans ideology have been comic actors/comedians (Jo Brand, James Dreyfus, Robert Webb, Graham Linehan off the top of my head). Strange coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2019 2:24 PM

But can I call him Sis?

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2019 2:32 PM

I’m sure he’ll answer to sissy.

I loved GIMME GIMME GIMME.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2019 2:35 PM

Is GIMME GIMME GIMME available on any streaming services? I only know Dreyfus from AbFab.

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2019 2:41 PM

His Twitter feed is full of the exact kind of thing you would expect from a right-wing reactionary who believes he's really a liberal. Compares anyone he dislikes to a Nazi, whines a lot about censorship while saying people he disagrees with should be shut down, etc. Sounds exactly like our most notable DL trolls, the "I'm as liberal as they come but I believe all trans / Muslims / misandrists / radfems / whatever should be exterminated as soon as possible" folks.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2019 2:45 PM

[quote]I'm as liberal as they come but I believe all trans / Muslims / misandrists / radfems / whatever should be exterminated as soon as possible" folks.

I’ve never seen this here—ever.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2019 2:58 PM

[quote]exterminated

Nobody calls for the extermination of anybody here.

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2019 3:02 PM

Here’s a call for extermination, R6. Just posted:

[quote]Then I guess it’s time for another civil war. Fuck the deplorables. They need to be gassed.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2019 3:14 PM

R6 should be thrown into a wood chipper

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2019 4:36 PM

Thank God. He was one of the best parts of that Bette Midler sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2019 4:46 PM

R2 I think being the Fool/Jester has traditions of truth-telling

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2019 8:30 PM

I love him

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2019 12:20 AM

He’s fantastic. The more no-bullshit a known performer is, the better - given that James is a dear old friend of Kathy Burke, you can imagine that he takes no shit whatsoever.

I’ve been rewatching GGG, and it’s hard to believe how many years it took for that show to get critical acclaim. It’s almost a pure distillation of the nihilistic grot that makes British comedy so cutting.

James seems very intelligent, and he’s quite well-spoken. The interview linked below, from a few years ago, is a treat. He’s beefed up a lot - I think he could be Jeremy Renner’ stunt double (they’re similar in the face).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 6:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!