Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Iron Chef Cat Cora Screams Fuck You and Gives The Finger To Workers At Top Chicago Restaurant

After being accommodated at Alinea on short notice, Ms. Cora pulled the "Don't you know who I am card" and stormed out after lying about her dinner reservations. She then ripped the restaurant apart on Instagram, which she since took down.

Cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 15, 2019 12:38 AM

Why do people delete social media posts as though that makes them go away? Someone always saves a screen cap.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2019 5:01 AM

Isn't she an alcoholic? Maybe she's off the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2019 5:03 AM

Angry dyke.

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2019 5:04 AM

Maybe she still drinks too much.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2019 5:08 AM

Nick Kokonas knows how to throw shade! Thanks for the link, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2019 5:08 AM

R5, no problem. The fact that they refunded Cat's money is unbelievable to me.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2019 5:12 AM

I will say, however, that the restaurant's long rebuttal is absolutely ridiculous.

I

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2019 5:13 AM

meow

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2019 5:16 AM

She's always behaved like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2019 5:18 AM

These restaurant people take themselves way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2019 5:18 AM

Cat is only 4'11" tall. What do you expect, the shortest people are always the angriest, bitter and most entitled.

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2019 5:20 AM

His response was flawless, brilliant.

And that bitch bringing up a dead colleague/friend. She's trash.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2019 5:23 AM

R7, actually no. Cat included a very prominent chef in her post and he was furious, which is probably why she removed it- that and she was proven as a liar and bitch.

Some of these people employ dozens and/or hundreds of people. Their reputations are important.

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2019 5:25 AM

That's exactly why she's known as "Fat Whora"

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2019 5:26 AM

Cat Cora was in a relationship with Brandi Glanville of Real housewives of Beverly Hills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2019 5:27 AM

They threw Cat and her restaurant out of Disney World (!) allegedly because she was a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2019 5:32 AM

Mrrrreoowww cat fight! She’s gonna be doing some angey scissoring

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2019 5:36 AM

Unfortunately these days, one must have the entire real story with complete documentation to combat attacks by liars on social media.

The response was professional and well documented.

by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2019 5:38 AM

The food is incredible, but having this kind of meltdown is ridiculous. I’ve eaten there a dozen times now, and nothing has been disappointing, from the service to the crazy food.

by Anonymousreply 19March 4, 2019 5:44 AM

Cat looks like she has a well used pussy.

by Anonymousreply 20March 4, 2019 6:17 AM

I don't know which is more nuts... Cat Cora's tantrum or the restaurant's pompous response.

by Anonymousreply 21March 4, 2019 6:22 AM

If crazy Cat hadn't posted bullshit on her Instagram, the restaurant would have no need to reply.

by Anonymousreply 22March 4, 2019 2:06 PM

I just hope the Mueller report is as detailed as OP's link. Case closed

by Anonymousreply 23March 4, 2019 2:19 PM

The restaurant owners should sue her.

by Anonymousreply 24March 4, 2019 2:53 PM

I’ve heard the nastiest things about her and Anne Burrell. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 25March 4, 2019 2:55 PM

They are both mean dykes. What's new?

by Anonymousreply 26March 4, 2019 2:58 PM

R11 wonder if she ever hooked up with fellow pocket dyke Ellen Page.

by Anonymousreply 27March 4, 2019 3:06 PM

That bill was like three months of groceries for me.

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2019 3:19 PM

She can open a fish taco truck in Northampton Mass now, because she's not getting a real job again.

by Anonymousreply 29March 4, 2019 3:28 PM

She and Lola are opening a high end burrito stand for Devon in GC. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2019 3:30 PM

LOL, Cat had a stall in a mall food court near me (since OOB) and I know she has some restaurants in airports. Nothing worse than a bitter cunt.

I love how she uses the title from a staged food show "Iron Chef Cat Cora", like she's an MD.

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2019 3:34 PM

Bitter stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2019 3:37 PM

[quote]I sent a brief email summing up our conversation and emailed Chef who confirmed he does not know her

Lord, he pulled a Mariah. HA!

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2019 3:40 PM

Sounds like one nasty butch, er I mean bitch.

by Anonymousreply 34March 4, 2019 3:42 PM

I'm only familiar with her from the various competition shows on Food Network. Of all the female celebrity chefs, she gives off the angriest vibes.

by Anonymousreply 35March 4, 2019 3:44 PM

She's such a cunt dyke. Nobody gives a shit who she is anymore and that's why her restaurants closed.

by Anonymousreply 36March 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Drugs. Drugs. Drugs...

by Anonymousreply 37March 4, 2019 3:52 PM

Cat knows nothing about schmoozing. Had she asked one of her celebrity chef friends (if she has any) to call and say Cat really admires you Grant, but needs a reservation for 7:30 on Saturday- she most likely would have been accommodated.

Instead she tried to bully people and that never works- at least at the level she's at.

by Anonymousreply 38March 4, 2019 3:53 PM

Show the whole world what a c@nt you are!

by Anonymousreply 39March 4, 2019 3:57 PM

BTW, I never go to any of her restaurants but I'd quit if I did.

by Anonymousreply 40March 4, 2019 4:04 PM

Anne allegedly harassed young women who were interning on her lame Food Network show. Evil.

I know some people who went to that South Beach food thing they have every year. Cat Cora was uptight and somewhat abrasive with fans and staff. I didn’t know that she was so short.

by Anonymousreply 41March 4, 2019 4:12 PM

The episode of Say Yes to the Dress with her and her GF trying on wedding gowns was the one of the most most appalling things I have ever seen. The two of them were in dressing rooms across the hall from each other yelling "I MISS YOU ALREADY BABY!!" and carrying on like a couple of 14 year olds. I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 42March 4, 2019 4:14 PM

Lesbian drama.

by Anonymousreply 43March 4, 2019 4:19 PM

She acted entitled, and fibbed, but she’s a celebrity chef. Maybe not huge, but with a fan base nonetheless. They’re an upscale restaurant. She’s 4’11.” You mean to tell me they couldn’t squeeze a mini table in somewhere on the floor and whip something up for her? So much for spontaneity and improvising. They certainly couldn’t handle Iron Chef. Obviously, they were annoyed she cancelled and decided to shut down and act patrician about it. They may be great, she may be a jerk, but she’s right about the love. Zero hospitality (I don’t blame the staff for that though, it was the higher ups).

by Anonymousreply 44March 4, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]You mean to tell me they couldn’t squeeze a mini table in somewhere on the floor and whip something up for her?

It's Alinea, not Applebee's, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45March 4, 2019 4:35 PM

Which equals hole in the wall posing as prestige, r45.

by Anonymousreply 46March 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Oh, women. Why are you all such cunts?

by Anonymousreply 47March 4, 2019 4:39 PM

I love how nobody swears in “Alinea”, too. I’m sure they’ve never heard that word before. *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 48March 4, 2019 4:40 PM

She just needs some good dick and her whole demeanor would change for the better.

by Anonymousreply 49March 4, 2019 4:41 PM

R44, the cunt cancelled twice. Why should the restaurant accommodate her? Cat's manners are appalling.

Whip something up? Clearly you've never been to Alinea.

by Anonymousreply 50March 4, 2019 4:54 PM

Clearly, I would never wish to.

by Anonymousreply 51March 4, 2019 4:58 PM

A great chef can make a delicious dish in five minutes out of cobwebs and breadcrumbs, btw, r50.

by Anonymousreply 52March 4, 2019 5:00 PM

Chef’s code, r50. Hello!

by Anonymousreply 53March 4, 2019 5:02 PM

Yes a great chef can do anything, but in this case why should he? She acted like a cunt. I would have thrown a piece of raw fish in her face and told her Smell this!

by Anonymousreply 54March 4, 2019 5:24 PM

R51, save up those Social Security checks gramps- maybe one day you can afford to go.

by Anonymousreply 55March 4, 2019 5:27 PM

[quote] I would have thrown a piece of raw fish in her face and told her Smell this!

Ok @AnneBurell, you want to sleep with Cat. We get it!

by Anonymousreply 56March 4, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]You mean to tell me they couldn’t squeeze a mini table in somewhere on the floor and whip something up for her?

I don't think she would have wanted something "whipped for her," or to sit at the table that's not a regular table. She would have probably complained about the subpar service.

by Anonymousreply 57March 4, 2019 5:54 PM

Then you’re a fucking moron R51 because Alinea is great. Unless you’re that dumb dyke Cat, or one of her cunt protectors. In which case, fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 58March 4, 2019 6:03 PM

$963.00 for dinner? fuck that, who pays that kind of money for food, that would feed me for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 59March 4, 2019 6:10 PM

I've never had this problem at Golden Corral.

by Anonymousreply 60March 4, 2019 6:15 PM

Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 61March 4, 2019 6:17 PM

You don’t “whip up” food at Alinea. The menu is carefully prepared and planned. That’s now how Grant Achatz works. If you want something whipped up, go to your local fucking Perkins. Jesus Christ. Fucking ignorant cretins.

by Anonymousreply 62March 4, 2019 6:18 PM

It sounds as if one of the reasons for the precise response to her charges was to support the staff she insulted.

by Anonymousreply 63March 4, 2019 6:21 PM

They couldn’t have sent her out with one of those ridiculous edible balloons? I’m sure that’s all she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 64March 4, 2019 7:26 PM

She was told she couldn't come on Saturday and tried to anyway.

She's a cunt.

On the other hand, Alinea is $400 a person. Pretentious twattery.

I don't know who I hate more here.

by Anonymousreply 65March 4, 2019 8:47 PM

The bigger insult to ones senses is that they charge $1000.00 for dinner for 2. r65 is right...pretentious twattery.

by Anonymousreply 66March 4, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote] You don’t “whip up” food at Alinea. The menu is carefully prepared and planned. That’s now how Grant Achatz works. If you want something whipped up, go to your local fucking Perkins. Jesus Christ. Fucking ignorant cretins.

Oh, please, it's pretentious fuckery out the wazoo.

It's the kind of place where they charge you 400 bucks so they can serve you pickled ramps or some bullshit like that (e.g. shit that grows on the side of the road).

by Anonymousreply 67March 4, 2019 9:32 PM

So where are your favorite places to dine R67?

by Anonymousreply 68March 5, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]The bigger insult to ones senses is that they charge $1000.00 for dinner for 2. [R65] is right...pretentious twattery.

But Cat Cora had no problem reserving twice across two days with such twattery, right? It was her munificent choice to spend $1K badly and over and over again, so shut up.

by Anonymousreply 69March 5, 2019 3:35 AM

Iron Chef Cat Cora Screams Fuck You and Gives The Finger To Workers At Top Chicago Restaurant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 5, 2019 3:40 AM

She's a pig who keeps trying to be righteous and fails badly.

by Anonymousreply 71March 5, 2019 3:57 AM

I looked up Alinea on Yelp and they're one of those restaurants that'll charge you $500 for a tiny thumbprint-sized lump of bs with a few "artful" drizzles of sauce and garnish. If you're going to spend that much, wouldn't you want to at least get full?

Plus, all the patrons there look absolutely insufferable (lots of label queens and Asian wannabes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 5, 2019 4:08 AM

Cat Cora I symbolic of everything wrong with restaurants today. I want good food , easy service, decent price. I have no desire to participate in this reality TV drama. Wholly irrelevant to good food.

by Anonymousreply 73March 5, 2019 4:28 AM

R72, please, preview links if you are not sure how to do them correctly.

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2019 4:34 AM

Take two (since you asked so sweetly, bitch at R74)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 5, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote] The menu is carefully prepared and planned

Bwahahaha! Yes, they consider how tiny a portion can they charge suckers like r62 hundreds of dollars for and keep a straight face.

by Anonymousreply 76March 5, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote] You don’t “whip up” food at Alinea.

Right, dear. But they were full the night she came, so I doubt they’d have an extra smidge of that thoughtfully prepared, tablespoon sized serving of beets or whatever it is at r75 to spare, hence the need to create something new.

by Anonymousreply 77March 5, 2019 5:49 AM

I am not Cat. Call me....Azmodeus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2019 6:00 AM

Do you complainers go to all you can eat buffets? These tasting menus are usually 3-4 hours and trust me, you are given plenty of food. Usually, there are also food gifts to take home.

You may not care to spend the money, but please don't comment about things you know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2019 6:01 AM

They must go through tons of dishes. 3-4 hours? It would take me 3 seconds to taste that bitefull at r75.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2019 6:07 AM

I was just over at the DM (yes, I know) reading all the tributes to Luke Perry, from pretty much anyone who ever worked with him. Then, on the other hand, there's this entitled cunt pitching a fit and trying to hurt this restaurant's reputation because of her own rudeness and aggressive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2019 6:09 AM

Don’t worry sonny/r55, I’m sure they’ll be out of business before long. Like those raw foodist restauranteurs who everyone promoted a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 82March 5, 2019 6:18 AM

I don't think Alinea is the type of restaurant where you go to stuff yourself and to loosen your pants on the way home.

by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2019 6:19 AM

Well anyway, they were snobs. Cat cooks more mainstream food and they obviously looked down on her even before the meltdown, as they were reticent to serve her. Do you really think they’d pull this on Yotamm Ottolenghi if he was a bit demanding/flaky?

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2019 6:27 AM

Today for lunch I had chicken thigh/drumstick in a house made BBQ sauce, steamed vegetables, beans, and a version of scalped potatoes for ¢3000 or $4.95 USD. Oh, also some sweet ice tea in a jar was included.

The name of the place is Marias Soda in Heredia Costa Rica Avendia 1 Calle 6

No reservations necessary

by Anonymousreply 85March 5, 2019 6:59 AM

Also, no tipping R85

by Anonymousreply 86March 5, 2019 7:08 AM

I did some research and it’s not just food, it’s beyond that. It’s a sensory experience. So, maybe the price is justified. I apologize for that. HOWEVER, I think shutting her out was the wrong move. She probably just wanted some acknowledgement(not of fame, but hello, sorry we can’t do this, how about another time, would you like to see what i’m doing? Shmooze chef to chef), and their choice to treat her like a nobody (entitlement notwithstanding) rubbed her the wrong way. It’s a difference of personality. Cat is probably direct, friendly, approachable, accessible. These men are more reserved, sensitive, not accustomed to changes in routine. Both sides see egos, but what each wants is understanding. Cat that she is worthy, and the men reverence for their craft.

by Anonymousreply 87March 5, 2019 7:24 AM

Wonder how much they charge for this single toasted marshmallow on a stick... that you know R79 would pay for

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 5, 2019 9:46 AM

"Scalped potatoes", oh my.

by Anonymousreply 89March 5, 2019 10:02 AM

Everyone has priorities in their life and what brings them joy. For me, it's experiences and making memories with my partner and friends. I have all the material possessions I want. Dining and traveling is my big indulgence, just like others may want an expensive car or a second home.

by Anonymousreply 90March 5, 2019 10:17 AM

[quote] and a version of scalped potatoes

I've never heard of 'scalped potatoes'. Did you mean 'scalloped potatoes'?

by Anonymousreply 91March 5, 2019 10:18 AM

You can pretty much assume you're going to be grossly overcharged when the restaurant refers to your visit as an 'experience' rather than a 'meal'.

by Anonymousreply 92March 5, 2019 10:19 AM

[quote] So where are your favorite places to dine [R67]?

In Chicago there are a number of places doing inventive, great cuisine without being completely up their own ass as Alinea and Next are.

My personal favorite is a French inspired place, Cafe Marie Jeanne. There's also Elske and La Sirena Clandestina, both in the same neighborhood as Alinea.

(And no, bitch, my answer isn't "Cheesecake Factory!")

by Anonymousreply 93March 5, 2019 12:26 PM

No idea who she is. Kick the bitch out. No apologies. That's how you handle shit.

by Anonymousreply 94March 5, 2019 12:39 PM

She is an annoying Greek lezzie whose wife looks like her twin.

by Anonymousreply 95March 5, 2019 12:44 PM

The chef Grant almost died of tongue cancer in his 20s, and for quite awhile had no sense of taste which is particularly hard if you cook for a living.

I'm sure he has zero fucks to give for a pushy dyke like Cat.

by Anonymousreply 96March 5, 2019 2:44 PM

I couldn't afford to pay that much for a meal, but I can understand why someone might want to experience Alinea. It seems like the restaurant staff did attempt to accommodate Cat Cora on short notice, 2X. I'm pretty sure that non-famous people are making reservations months in advance (at Alinea).

by Anonymousreply 97March 5, 2019 4:14 PM

They all sound insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 98March 5, 2019 4:21 PM

What gets me is that Cat's assistant expected the restaurant to track down Cat and relay the news. Sounds like the assistant is afraid of Cat.

by Anonymousreply 99March 5, 2019 4:25 PM

Alinea is booked months in advance and has been for years.

by Anonymousreply 100March 5, 2019 4:48 PM

I'll bet Cat fired the assistant over this. The poor thing is lucky.

by Anonymousreply 101March 5, 2019 5:13 PM

The Cora woman lives here in Santa Barbara and co-owns a local hamburger joint called Mesa Burger, which is home to the most expensive hamburgers in town. They're also among the most flavorless. They aren't "bad," they're just boring and forgettable. I think it's funny that this hamburger restaurant owner throws a tantrum at a very high-class establishment in Chicago. Who the fuck does she think she is, Ray Kroc?

I just noticed that an anagram of Cat Cora is Taco Car.

Silly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 102March 5, 2019 5:44 PM

Cunt Cora!

by Anonymousreply 103March 5, 2019 5:45 PM

R102 here again. Mesa Burger lost me as a customer when I paid for my order one day. The bill (for one person) was $19.01. I paid with a $20 bill, expecting to get a dollar bill back. Nope. I got 99¢ in fucking CHANGE. When I questioned the penuriousness, I was told that there was no leeway. Fuck Cat Cora. Over a goddamned penny, I will not be returning. Well, that and the fact that the burgers aren't all that spectacular in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 104March 5, 2019 9:04 PM

Cat should forget burgers and try fish tacos.

by Anonymousreply 105March 5, 2019 11:15 PM

Coca Rat

by Anonymousreply 106March 5, 2019 11:29 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 107March 5, 2019 11:43 PM

The bigger insult to ones senses is that they charge $1000.00 for dinner for 2. [R65] is right...pretentious twattery.

Even if I was rich, I wouldn't be dumb enough to pay that.

by Anonymousreply 108March 5, 2019 11:48 PM

She works in this industry and her behavior is inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 109March 6, 2019 12:08 AM

R108, enjoy your dinners at Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 110March 6, 2019 12:16 AM

One grand is a lot of money for a meal, but it is a special occasion destination.

by Anonymousreply 111March 6, 2019 12:18 AM

What a stupid comment, R110.

Yeah, my only choices are.... pay $500 for a meal or Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 112March 6, 2019 12:23 AM

Yup, and 12 hours later, there lies $500 worth of feces in the toilet bowl. . .

A fool and his money are soon parted, and this restaurant laughs at these people for the 'experience' of eating teaspoons of foam.

by Anonymousreply 113March 6, 2019 2:52 AM

For those of you making fun of this type of restaurant and haven't tried it, give it a go one day if you can afford to.

Comparing it to sex, it can be like a mediocre blowjob compared to one that makes your head explode. Sure, some of the courses may only be one bite or even a few- but the intensity of flavor can be off the charts.

It's not for everyone, I'll agree on that.

by Anonymousreply 114March 6, 2019 3:02 PM

I'm fine with my spicy curly fries.

by Anonymousreply 115March 6, 2019 3:04 PM

R115, as I said it not for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 116March 6, 2019 3:14 PM

If the owner was such a good friend of hers, wouldn't she be compt the meal?

by Anonymousreply 117March 6, 2019 3:22 PM

Cat is a scheming fuck.

by Anonymousreply 118March 6, 2019 3:24 PM

I've been to Alinea four times, all free, paid for by the other parry. Three times on business and once with friends visiting from out of town. It's the burst of flavor that amazes you despite miniscule servings. And you do get full.

by Anonymousreply 119March 6, 2019 3:51 PM

R113=Erna thinking about lunch

by Anonymousreply 120March 6, 2019 3:56 PM

Alinea is currently the only Michelin 3-star in Chicago and has been ranked #1 in the world by Elite Traveler, along with dozens of other national and international awards. The prices are in the same range as others in this league. Three of my lifetime Top 10 dinners were at Alinea (including #1). People fly to Chicago just to eat there. They can't just squeeze in an extra party...it is a ticketed event just like a play or concert.

Considering that people pay more money for theater tickets, concerts, sporting events, playing golf at the top courses, and waaaay more for the world's top wines--Alinea can even be viewed as a "bargain" for what it is. It is also a lot of fun and the staff is equally skilled/kind, whether you're a billionaire or a young foodie who has been saving up for a year to eat there.

I like Cat Cora's food, but she clearly has personal problems and what she did was extra-cunty and sad.

by Anonymousreply 121March 6, 2019 3:57 PM

Exactly R121. My brother paid $750 to skydive, which lasted all of 15 minutes. Not something that interests me, but to each their own.

I am one of those that flew to Chicago for a long weekend. I did other things, but the main reason was for dinner.

BTW, Grant did not know Cat Cora.

by Anonymousreply 122March 6, 2019 4:28 PM

Exactly, R121. You explain it perfectly, but don’t put it past the cultureless cretins here to understand.

by Anonymousreply 123March 6, 2019 6:08 PM

PHNNRRRRRPPPPPP!

Excuse me, I just farted. The food at Alinea is kind of rich.

by Anonymousreply 124March 6, 2019 8:43 PM

That was just fucking dumb, R124. Really.

by Anonymousreply 125March 6, 2019 8:46 PM

You people are fucking beneath me

by Anonymousreply 126March 6, 2019 8:58 PM

Cat, your pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 127March 6, 2019 11:08 PM

Why didn’t Bobby Flay vouch for her?

by Anonymousreply 128March 6, 2019 11:45 PM

So many big chefs are crazy. I don't know what it is about that profession that attracts so many unstable people, but they all seem to flock to it. Lots of alcoholism and drug use in the culinary world.

by Anonymousreply 129March 6, 2019 11:55 PM

Alinea is definitely on the bucket list for me. You can definitely overpay for a food experience, so there's an element of risk in high-price dining. But leaving hungry is never one of them. By the end, you're usually stuffed and regretting that you can't take in more of the tempting treats they present (dammit, Robuchon!)

A similarly priced/Michelin-starred restaurant in Rome turned out to be more about service and atmosphere, even though the food was great, just not mind-blowing. (My mom loved it, though, so maybe it just wasn't to my taste.)

by Anonymousreply 130March 7, 2019 12:20 AM

R130, a disappointing big-bucks dinner bothers me more than it should. We had a dinner for 2 at a now-closed restaurant that was more than $750 ten years ago and it was truly terrible, especially when we realized we could have flown R/T from Chicago to LA (there were $200 flights at the time) and eaten at our favorite LA place for about the same price.

Luckily, I've only had a few disappointing $$$$$ meals, but LOTS of failures at "lower upper" places (hyped hot spots, expensive hotel restaurants, "classic" restaurants beyond their prime). But I've never regretted any of times I've been to Alinea.

Poor Cat Cora. She's become the Anne Burrell of Guy Fieris.

R129, yes, lots of good/great chefs do seem to have serious personality and/or substance abuse problems. But there are plenty who are brilliant and not psycho.

by Anonymousreply 131March 7, 2019 2:09 AM

No different than any other strain of artists

by Anonymousreply 132March 7, 2019 2:11 AM

The crazy long and irregular hours lead to a lot of partying.

Cat needs to lay off the booze and smoke pot. I'll bet she was pre- drinking at her hotel. Why would someone scream "Fuck Grant!" when it turns out they don't even know him? How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 133March 7, 2019 2:57 AM

[quote]yes, lots of good/great chefs do seem to have serious personality and/or substance abuse problems.

Look at any episode of "Chopped" and you'll see excessive tattoos, unfortunate and weird hairstyles, piercings, etc.

by Anonymousreply 134March 7, 2019 3:39 AM

R134, that's anyone under 30 these days.

by Anonymousreply 135March 7, 2019 1:36 PM

No grown woman should call herself Cat.

by Anonymousreply 136March 7, 2019 1:39 PM

I have foody friends who tell me they cannot understand why I pay 700 dollars for annual passes to Disneyland. just like I cannot understand why they pay 300 dollars for a meal. To each his own i guess. I went to a Jonathan Sawyer restaurant and one of the courses was grilled fruit? My foodie friends were all "this is amazing." I kept thinking "this tastes like hot fruit."

by Anonymousreply 137March 7, 2019 1:46 PM

Just because a restaurant is "high end" does not mean their food is good. I had to suffer though more visits to Charlie Trotters every time I was in town than I care to remember simply because my late boss loved the place. I never had a single meal there I enjoyed. When he asked me one day where I wanted to go for dinner I knew he was going to automatically suggest CT's & I decided I'd had to take a stand. I told him "if you suggest CT's I'm going to have to resign!". He was shocked I disliked the place so much but apologized for making me go there so many times.

by Anonymousreply 138March 7, 2019 1:47 PM

[quote]My foodie friends were all "this is amazing." I kept thinking "this tastes like hot fruit."

Well, I hope the waiter was also a hot fruit.

by Anonymousreply 139March 7, 2019 2:00 PM

My parents took my sister and me to Per Se for a graduation dinner. Worst meal that we'd ever had and I'm sure it cost well over $2000 for five of us.

by Anonymousreply 140March 7, 2019 3:02 PM

Even the best restaurant can have an off night, or it's just not your thing. I'm am surprised about Per Se, though. I'm burned out on Thomas Keller, but that's because I've been so many times.

I have to entertain for work a lot and I usually pick nice steakhouses. They always have fish or chicken too, and lots of good sides in case someone is a vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 141March 7, 2019 3:19 PM

R112 has not explored the option of paying $500 AT Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 142March 7, 2019 3:39 PM

What would they have done with Sandra Lee?

by Anonymousreply 143March 7, 2019 4:07 PM

Telling that Cunard eliminated Todd English’s restaurant and replaced it with a French bistro. Is his food as oily and salty as some claim? An old drinking buddy and his partner sailed the QM2 and Queen Victoria several times over the years. They were all excited about the Todd English restaurant when it debuted on The QM2 ....and majorly disappointed with the food and service. His partner said that the food was oily, salty and nasty. Did Todd leave of his own accord or did Cunard drop him?

by Anonymousreply 144March 7, 2019 4:11 PM

[quote][R112] has not explored the option of paying $500 AT Olive Garden.

The only time I paid $500 for a meal at Olive Garden. that included the expert bottoming services of Enzo, one of the OG's most obliging servers. He taught me some of the wonderful "other"uses for breadsticks.

by Anonymousreply 145March 7, 2019 4:13 PM

I used to eat at Todd English' restaurant at the Bellagio in Las Vegas all the time, closed now. It was quite good, in fact one of the best meals I've ever had. A tomato Napoleon with frico layers that was heaven I still remember.

The problem with a lot of chefs is that they license their name, set up the place and then have no further involvement. I prefer places where the chef is actually in the kitchen or at least actively involved.

by Anonymousreply 146March 7, 2019 4:24 PM

Per Se hasn't yet recovered from this delicious takedown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 7, 2019 4:27 PM

This seems like a normal night out to me. What's all the fuss about?

by Anonymousreply 148March 7, 2019 4:49 PM

Cat is catty.

by Anonymousreply 149March 7, 2019 5:22 PM

Pete Wells is a hack, and an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 150March 7, 2019 5:28 PM

It's always amazing to watch some big name TV chefs when they're put in a position of cooking real food, the kind of home cooking the most people grew up loving (aka the best food around), and they have no idea how to do it. They're like computer programmers. They learn a specific thing, a specific set of dishes, and if you get them out of that comfort zone they're helpless.

by Anonymousreply 151March 7, 2019 5:46 PM

Suck on a root beer popsicle. It's got lots of flavor. (Save a grand.)

by Anonymousreply 152March 7, 2019 6:01 PM

Naughty Cat. But wait a minute... SOMEBODY dropped the ball. They knew two days in advance someone publicist worthy was coming. They seemed to already be aware it was someone at least semi-well known from the back and forth with the henchwoman. Nobody thought gee...I’m going to google this cat person and see who she is? At the very least someone knew “that lady on tv who has burger restaurants is coming.” I find it very odd on Saturday they were suddenly clueless. Could it be that they were disdainful of her before the flakiness and eventual meltdown? I think that’s what Cat is really pissed about, that they acted like she was a nobody. Would a celebrity or more popular chef receive the same treatment? I guess they’re very self confident, because they never planned on creating anything special for her...I guess they’re so successful now they don’t need to impress anyone. I imagine I would have had something ready and have been anticipating her arrival. Wether they became discouraged when she didn’t show up, they never cared initially, or the message was never relayed properly is anyone’s guess.

by Anonymousreply 153March 8, 2019 3:01 AM

The dyke lied and said she was friends with the chef. And blew through 2 reservations.

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 154March 8, 2019 6:34 AM

Wow - Cat Cora thinks she’s terribly important doesn’t she?

Cos when it comes down to it - this is like one of the world’s top rated restaurants at the moment. It’s booked months and months in advance -

And she just wants to rock on in and have it all suit her - because she’s been a food network-type ‘celebrity chef’ - and has some chain eateries she’s probably licensed her name to for a purely financial stake?

Newsflash Cat: you’re the nobody here. You’re outclassed. Was she high or something? Sounds like someone who does a lot of coke. Unprofessional and poor judgement.

So can anyone tell me about Anne Burrell? Someone referenced her earlier. I haven’t seen/heard of her in ages - butvim on the other side of the planet. She still around or did she crash and burn?

by Anonymousreply 155March 8, 2019 7:26 AM

R153, how the hell can you blame anyone else besides Cora in this mess? Even if the error was on the restaurant's side she shouldn't have behaved the way she did, and obviously the restaurant did nothing wrong here. It was Cora who expected to get royal treatment just for showing up, even though her friend, the one who did the booking, had been clearly informed she will not get a table. She shows up, doesn't get a table, gets abusive with the staff, threatens to badmouth the restaurant on social media when the chef refuses to come meet her and then does just that. She is a cunt.

Cat Cora should team up with another staff abuser Jared Padalecki. They both sound like exhausting assholes.

by Anonymousreply 156March 8, 2019 7:57 AM

Anne Burrell is still around. She does a show with Tyler Florence, and was just on The Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 157March 8, 2019 1:06 PM

I'm pissed that Cat claimed misogyny. What an entitled white cunt.

by Anonymousreply 158March 8, 2019 1:10 PM

You have to even laugh at the "Iron Chef" part. It's a staged reality cooking show. I'm not saying Cat can't cook, but the competing chefs are given a list of a couple of what the main ingredients can be and have all the other things planned already.

It's not like Cat is an Olympic winner. Although she could be if there was a Cunting category.

by Anonymousreply 159March 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Of course her real name is Catherine, she's from Mississippi, and has four sons. Married twice now. 51 years old.

by Anonymousreply 160March 8, 2019 5:30 PM

The only thing Anne Burrell seems to do for Food Network now is that terrible Worst Cooks in America.

by Anonymousreply 161March 8, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]Of course her real name is Catherine, she's from Mississippi, and has four sons. Married twice now. 51 years old.

I'm not defendinding her at all. I know very little about her, but I knew her father, a (now deceased) teacher in Mississippi, and he was one of the sweetest guys you'd ever hope to meet. Blame Cat for being a cunt. You can blame MS for so many other thngs, but MS didn't make her a cunt, r160. That's on her.

So what if her name got shortened from Catherine to Cat? Do you have problems with Miichaels being called Mike?

by Anonymousreply 162March 8, 2019 6:54 PM

Grant Achatz is a pompous asshole

by Anonymousreply 163March 8, 2019 7:32 PM

I can't speak to Alinea, because I've only been once but many restaurants like that have 2 seatings, a 6 and 9 for example. There probably was never a 7 to start with, which why she was given 5 (no show) on one night and showed up early for her 9 the next night.

Fuck that nasty dyke. Grant is considered one of the best chefs in the world. She's a TV cook.

by Anonymousreply 164March 9, 2019 1:49 AM

Two sittings, 126 tables (for two?) at $500 a person equals an obscene amount of revenue each night. Enjoy your $27 teaspoons of foam - suckers.

by Anonymousreply 165March 9, 2019 6:26 AM

It's not 126 tables, it's something like 129 diners total.

by Anonymousreply 166March 9, 2019 3:12 PM

No idea what "Iron Chef" is nor who "Cat Cora" is. Just wanted to drop in and say that. Self-important as she (is it a she or a he) may be, in the grand scheme of things, no one gives a fucking damn.

by Anonymousreply 167March 9, 2019 3:16 PM

It was all over the news. People love someone making a fool of themselves, especially when they are C list.

by Anonymousreply 168March 9, 2019 3:19 PM

R166 is correct, plus Cunt Cora reserved the Gallery dinner, which seats 16 people and has two seatings per night. The main Salon has around 40 seats, and the kitchen table seats 6. Fully booked, there are about 120-something individual diners per night. They have as much staff as restaurants serving hundreds of more covers. In general, the profit margins for fine-dining are much lower than most people realize, especially when there is no bar/lounge in the venue.

R165 is full of shit, first in its intestines and then back in its tummy. Someone on the Human Centipede Diet really shouldn't comment on the dining choices of others.

by Anonymousreply 169March 9, 2019 7:29 PM

R138 has adopted five Russian teenagers because she feels her life doesn't have enough DRAMA

by Anonymousreply 170March 9, 2019 7:35 PM

I would love to go to Alinea and when they serve my food ask for Ketchup.

Their heads would explode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 9, 2019 8:09 PM

And then go back and ask for A1!

by Anonymousreply 172March 9, 2019 11:12 PM

[quote]I would love to go to Alinea and when they serve my food ask for Ketchup. Their heads would explode.

David Letterman did that once. A couple of decades ago, he discovered that a NYC restaurant was selling a specialty (it better be!) hamburger that cost around $500, in the days when $500 could actually buy you something, so he had the chef come on his show to create one for him. It looked truly spectacular (though certainly not worth 500 bucks). The burger was served, Dave sat down, then produced a bottle of Heinz ketchup, which he slathered over it. The audience, of course, was horrified, but Dave certainly did enjoy the burger.

by Anonymousreply 173March 9, 2019 11:37 PM

R173 - Don't give this restaurant any more ideas, like using ketchup, and calling it salsa de tomate, adding a few artistic drops at the edge of the plate, and charging $32 for the flavour experience.

by Anonymousreply 174March 10, 2019 3:36 AM

Only here at DL will you be called a "culture less cretin" for not wanting to spend $500 on a "meal". What a sad bunch of classist gin soaked queens. These same people will then go on to suck the ass of a filthy trucker at the local truck stop toilet. No wonder nobody loves you.

by Anonymousreply 175March 10, 2019 4:59 AM

Spend your money however you want, but don't tell me how to spend mine.

I've never been to a truck stop, but you seem quite familiar.

by Anonymousreply 176March 10, 2019 5:24 AM

R175, Hi Cat. I wondered if you'd find this thread.

by Anonymousreply 177March 10, 2019 12:19 PM

R176 - But, does anyone love you?

by Anonymousreply 178March 10, 2019 7:10 PM

dont get why cat thought disrespecting the staff, creating a nasty scene and following up the insults via social media was justified!

by Anonymousreply 179March 11, 2019 8:28 PM

We have a new DL icon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Dessert at Alinea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 11, 2019 8:41 PM

r181, looks freaking ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 182March 11, 2019 8:45 PM

Alinea isn't really a restaurant, it's theater. So Cat provided a little drama.

by Anonymousreply 183March 11, 2019 8:47 PM

at the expense of her professional reputation

by Anonymousreply 184March 11, 2019 8:52 PM

no way id order and pay for smears of chocolate for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 185March 11, 2019 9:46 PM

She should open a sushi restaurant and call it Cat's Box.

by Anonymousreply 186March 11, 2019 9:58 PM

Are Cat Cora and Chelsea Handler the same person?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 11, 2019 10:01 PM

In the picture at R181, it looks like large rats have run across the table, leaving ratty poo in their wake.

by Anonymousreply 188March 11, 2019 10:05 PM

r180, she looks normal in that pic

by Anonymousreply 189March 11, 2019 10:25 PM

I'm not gonna pay $500.00 to scrape my dessert from the table like an overgrown infant!!!

by Anonymousreply 190March 11, 2019 10:51 PM

r190, looks unappetizing, like a dirty table

by Anonymousreply 191March 11, 2019 11:39 PM

That's not a dessert table - that's Cat Cora's panties

by Anonymousreply 192March 11, 2019 11:59 PM

No, Cat's panties would have a few red droplets mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 193March 12, 2019 12:06 AM

The cultureless poors here and their cretinous ilk are repulsive and tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 194March 12, 2019 2:37 AM

go smear chocolate off a table

by Anonymousreply 195March 12, 2019 2:40 AM

- Don't give this restaurant any more ideas, like using ketchup, and calling it salsa de tomate, adding a few artistic drops at the edge of the plate, and charging $32 for the flavour experience.

lol

There are some fools here who would gladly pay for that.

by Anonymousreply 196March 12, 2019 2:46 AM

R194 - And you fail to realize that you're being exploited, thinking this is so chic and sophisticated, and probably most important to you - only accessible if you have money.

by Anonymousreply 197March 12, 2019 2:53 AM

Some of us like to try new things. And who needs money? That's why we have credit cards

by Anonymousreply 198March 12, 2019 3:12 AM

Just to clarify - they don't pour the chocolate directly onto the table. They put a brand new sheet of silicone fabric over the table first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 14, 2019 3:26 AM

Oh, WOW.

A grape.! A cube of watermelon!

That's some high end shit right there.

Where's my wallet.

by Anonymousreply 200March 14, 2019 4:54 PM

There's something really…disturbing…about chowing down on food directly off the table. It's something that would be done for guilty fun in a preschool lunchroom.

by Anonymousreply 201March 14, 2019 7:30 PM

R201=Cat (still screaming obscenities from the airport lounge)

by Anonymousreply 202March 15, 2019 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!