Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Husband who said his wife was killed by panhandlers, actually staged her murder with his daughter

This was a huge story here in Maryland. The story was they were visiting the city for a night out and stopped to give money to a panhandler who ended up robbing and murdering her.

The husband and the daughter were everywhere on the news crying about it. For instance

[quote]Following the incident, Smith said he would make it his mission to pursue justice for Jacquelyn through legislation . At the time, he told WMAR-2, he wanted the city to pass a law banning panhandling and soliciting at every intersection in Baltimore. Smith said he was going to make it clear to the mayor that it should be named Jacquelyn's law, and he wouldn't give up until it happened.

All fake, those bitches just decided to come down to Baltimore to stage her murder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2019 5:34 PM

Holy shit! This'll end up making a good Netflix series. Or at least a decent Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2019 2:28 AM

Um, DL faithful, do we have some kind of specific troll bullshit happening here? Can't help but notice an uptick in threads that just happen to focus on the criminal activities of black folks -- almost as if some bullshit troll has an axe to grind, or may just be Ivan looking to start trouble.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2019 2:28 AM

What are you even talking about r2....? Their race isn't even relevant to the story, I live here, it is what everyone is talking about it.

This was the original WaPo article when it happened

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2019 2:31 AM

I don't see any issue with what they did.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2019 2:35 AM

Was a Subway sandwich involved?

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2019 2:37 AM

R2

Let's not forget the black victim. You appear overly concerned about race. Are you Spike Lee ?

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2019 2:38 AM

I wonder what the mom/wife was like to have the husband and daughter conspire to kill her?

I know I'm victim blaming but the dynamics of this is really intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2019 2:41 AM

OK, message received, that's what I thought, bullshit thread.

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2019 2:44 AM

r6, are you a Republican? They like to go after Spike and other black activists.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2019 2:45 AM

Yeah, I'm really curious what their motive was for the murder r7.

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2019 2:45 AM

Wow, I’m dying to know the details - was it premeditated?

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2019 2:46 AM

Im telling you here and now,the daughter and the dad are fucking.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2019 2:46 AM

Bad times for black in black hoaxes, what’s going on?

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2019 2:48 AM

Jussie inspired him to create the hoax

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2019 2:49 AM

The thought did cross my mind r12, the wife discovered their secret so they had to put an end to her. It would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2019 2:50 AM

I wonder what she did to make them so angry?

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2019 2:51 AM

Is that what you think passes for wit r14? And this story happened in December dear.

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2019 2:53 AM

They should have said an owl killed her.

by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2019 3:00 AM

Had to be for money.

by Anonymousreply 19March 4, 2019 3:02 AM

Can't believe a daughter would help kill her own mother.

by Anonymousreply 20March 4, 2019 3:03 AM

Come on, you know step-daddy and daughter were hitting it.

by Anonymousreply 21March 4, 2019 3:07 AM

Since some people are confused, it was the husband's biological daughter, but the wife's step daughter.

by Anonymousreply 22March 4, 2019 3:09 AM

I hear they put a noose around her neck and screamed, "Trump Country!" at her.

by Anonymousreply 23March 4, 2019 3:16 AM

Smollett didn't murder anyone and yet this story will be ignored by the press for some reason

by Anonymousreply 24March 4, 2019 3:23 AM

R24 Nice sweeping generalization. Doubt we'd be talking about it here otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 25March 4, 2019 3:27 AM

Incest on top of it all?

by Anonymousreply 26March 4, 2019 3:33 AM

I remember when this happened and someone posted the story and was denounced by the same excuse making assholes as always as being a dreaded

R A C I S T

One thing that I know from my experience is that there appears to be greater violence in the black communities and in black culture than that found in white, Latino and Asian. Of course we're not suppose to acknowledge that ever and even when the obviousness of that is apparent we are programmed to deny and or make excuses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 4, 2019 3:32 PM

There is a serious lack of accountability within the black community

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2019 5:41 PM

R2, we've had people who are obsessed with posting threads where the criminals are blacks for years, since the 2008 election. That said, I'm not sure this is one of them, simply because this is the kind of crazy hoax crime DL sleuths go nuts for.

by Anonymousreply 29March 4, 2019 5:43 PM

[Quote] this is the kind of crazy hoax crime DL sleuths go nuts for

This. This thread never needed to be about race, but people can't help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2019 5:56 PM

She worked as an electrical engineer at the Aberdeen Proving Ground, an Army facility.

Maybe a decent life insurance and pension?

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2019 7:00 PM

a tangent for consideration. In my genealogy research I found out that my grandfather's first cousin bludgeoned his step-grandmother to death. It was a huge case in the 1880s. The Boy Killer of Oregon. A little more research, and it turns out, the poor kid had been orphaned when his school teacher parents died of TB. He got sent to the farm to live with his grandfather and step-grandmother. His little sister was adopted by a nice young couple. It came out at the trial, that step-granny Janet beat him, kept him like an animal, overworked him. He was filthy, and his teeth were rotted. The kid just broke. Grandpa went on a hunting trip. Charlie beat Janet to death with an ax. Newspapers say that during the trial, Grandpa apologized to Charlie and hired him a lawyer. He became close to the 15 yr old and vowed to defend him at all cost. But Charlie hung himself in the jail cell with a curtain cord. Grandpa married Wife #3.

Point of story. Mean people get what's coming to them. Especially mean step-grandmothers. If this woman got axed by her husband and stepdaughter, she probably had it coming.

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2019 8:19 PM

Oh, bullshit. Men kill their wives all the time and they don’t “have it coming.”

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2019 1:56 PM

But the inclusion of the daughter makes it different

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2019 2:00 PM

[quote]Oh, bullshit. Men kill their wives all the time and they don’t “have it coming.”

Yeah, only female murderers of male partners get the benefit of the doubt. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2019 3:37 PM

These days you can just divorce "mean people", and if there are no children then all it costs is a community property settlement. Alimony is a thing of the past.

No, someone who chooses to murder rather than divorce is probably the "mean" person in the relationship themselves.

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2019 5:28 PM

It were Bootsie Gumdrops what did it.

by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2019 5:57 PM

White people do it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2019 6:08 PM

How is it antisemetic to ask if someone is Jewish? You sound retarded.

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2019 6:08 PM

It’s

The

Step daughter

You

Illiterate

Assholes

Not

The

Daughter

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2019 6:25 PM

It was all about money, I guarantee it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2019 6:28 PM

Even if the OP meant this to be about race (which I don't think he did) this kind of crime is fascinating , the race is irrelevant. If the mystery had gone on longer it would be a good Dateline episode. Here's the video of their interviews prior to being busted if no one has posted it yet. I actually think the interviewer suspected something because he kept asking her for details like he was trying to catch her out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2019 6:31 PM

I agree R42. The interview was trying to "Chris Watts" her meaning to have an incriminating recording of the perpetrator.

by Anonymousreply 43March 5, 2019 6:40 PM

Never talk to reporters when you’re BSing a murder...they have cameras, duh. Everyone can watch you BSing 100 times and picking out your bad acting

by Anonymousreply 44March 5, 2019 7:10 PM

R38

Who said that they didn't ?

by Anonymousreply 45March 5, 2019 8:51 PM

The victim’s brother said he wasn’t surprised when he heard these two were arrested. He said he was suspicious because she didn’t get along with the step daughter. The husband’s criminal past is coming out - he robbed the same bank three times is a few months and did ten years for it!

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2019 1:21 PM

So the wife had a good job,obviously educated,yet shes another victim of the "gotta have a man,any man" syndrome. Its not a color thing either,Ive known women of every stripe who had good jobs and were "respectable" that picked sorry ass pieces of shit . It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2019 3:21 PM

Yes, she was a successful professional

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2019 3:34 PM

Where as said earlier, he had been sentenced to 12 years in prison for bank robberies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 6, 2019 3:36 PM

R20

The daughter has her 'nature' needs. She also probably needed some more 'me time'.

by Anonymousreply 50March 6, 2019 4:15 PM

The portly gals seem to need a sketchy man to abuse them

by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2019 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!