Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Shouldn’t Hillary Run Again?

The 2020 Democratic field is awful. I don’t like any of them. We need a dark horse candidate, and it just might be Hillary Clinton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2020 3:07 PM

FF'd and blocked

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2019 4:35 PM

Go away Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Why would Russian trolls promote the idea of Hillary running again?

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2019 4:39 PM

Go away R2

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2019 4:41 PM

I would vote for her in a heartbeat. She's strong, she's brilliant and most of all, she was right about Trump. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2019 4:41 PM

I don’t understand why there’s so much animosity around here towards her.

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2019 4:42 PM

I would vote for her again in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2019 4:43 PM

We do not need another geriatric president.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2019 4:45 PM

I would vote for her for a third time in a heartbeat. :)

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2019 4:45 PM

Well they're so afraid of her they had to rig the last election to keep her from winning, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2019 4:46 PM

[QUOTE]We do not need another geriatric president.

Most of the candidates running are geriatric.

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2019 4:46 PM

I adore her. America doesn't deserve her.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2019 4:47 PM

I would vote for her as well.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2019 4:47 PM

I could see if the field was littered with more impressive candidates who put her to shame, but that’s obviously not the case. Is Amy Klobuchar supposed to be a better candidate for President than Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2019 4:51 PM

I agree with OP...I don’t care for those Dems that have declared. I’m really troubled by this. I do think Hillary should NOT run. But I do fear that swing states will not support anyone in the current lineup. Most of us on the coasts live in a bubble and think that we’ve really lurched to the left...but in our electoral system, it’s not so simple. We have to win certain states to get rid of Trump. People forget that? Hillary won the popular vote but it meant NOTHING. I have a sinking feeling that Dems will blow this chance. I’m an independent voter, but I mostly vote for Democrats. I was optimistic about Trump at the very beginning and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt....but it became clear very early on that he is a terrible human.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2019 4:52 PM

Pass

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2019 5:03 PM

She will never get Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2019 5:07 PM

Sorry, America as a whole doesn't really want her. It may be totally unfair, but it's the way it is, and we can will it to be different.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2019 5:07 PM

No thanks. She had her chance and lost. Find someone younger and more open minded but experienced, and not Beto.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2019 5:09 PM

[QUOTE]She will never get Wisconsin.

She will if she actually campaigns there. Let’s give her a chance to correct her mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 5:12 PM

Who says she shouldn't, OP? She is still quite popular and I hope she does run. All she has to do is campaign in those Northern states that flipped and she's a shoe in.

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2019 5:14 PM

Hillary would get her @ss beat worse than she did in 2016. THAT"S WHY

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2019 5:15 PM

I agree that the current DEM candidates are not really anything spectacular but PLEASE LET HER GO. It's not gonna happen. What R19 said.

by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2019 5:16 PM

Stop Russian Troll OP. You're not TOO obvious. F/F

by Anonymousreply 24March 3, 2019 5:29 PM

Fuck off, R24. I have a better command of the English language than you do.

by Anonymousreply 25March 3, 2019 5:31 PM

I love Hillary. I wanted her to be president since she ran in 2008. Yes, I wanted her over Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 (when she did not run) and then of course in 2016. I would vote for her again.

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2019 5:33 PM

Because she terrorized the American people with imaginary Weapons of Mass Destruction and pre-empted raq without proof or provocation, costing $4 trillion she and her Republican buddies still won’t pay for and 500,000 innocent lives.

by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2019 5:34 PM

"Why shouldn't Hillary run?" threads show up on DL about once a week.

They quickly devolve into her supporters obliviously (or not so obliviously) singing her praises--DL is a hotbed of pro-Hillary sentiment-- and the responses and quickly devolves into a shouting match of "Hi11b0tt0m!!! BernieBro!! Boris!!! Deplorable!!!" [bold][italic] at which point the trolling OP will have accomplished what they'd originally set out to do. [/bold][/italic]

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2019 5:38 PM

I love Hillary but have no desire for her to run again. Both she and Bernie Sanders need to stay out so that the party can move past 2016.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2019 5:40 PM

[QUOTE]I love Hillary. I wanted her to be president since she ran in 2008. Yes, I wanted her over Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 (when she did not run)

Getting a bit crazy there. Hillary over Obama? I don’t think so. If it wasn’t for the 22nd Amendment, Barack would still be President.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2019 5:41 PM

Hillary opposes reparations for slavery and uses dog whistle terms like “super predator.” She’s an old school type of Democrat who is out of touch with the modern Democratic Part. It’s time to move forward, not backward.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2019 5:41 PM

Give me a break. She said “super predator” in that speech one time and never said it again afterward.

by Anonymousreply 32March 3, 2019 5:44 PM

I also preferred her to Obama in 2008 and would vote for her again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2019 5:45 PM

It’s understandable if you preferred her in 2008 (though I didn’t). But to say you preferred her in 2012 when Barack was running for re-election? That’s preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2019 5:47 PM

I would vote for “super predator” Hillary. That’s what Democrats need. I would vote for her, not Sanders. I’ll vote Trump if Sanders is the nominee. But, I need to hear Clinton’s platform first. If I hear any Sanders/AOC bullshit, I’m voting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2019 5:48 PM

Fuck you, R35. This motherfucker could put two or three more Justices on the Supreme Court if he gets another term and you’re fucking crying about AOC?

by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2019 5:52 PM

No fuck you. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 37March 3, 2019 5:54 PM

I didn't see that coming!!!

by Anonymousreply 38March 3, 2019 5:55 PM

I'm a huge Hillary fan and don't think that she should run again. I actually think she won last time. Putin and his band of hackers fixed just enough votes to give the electoral college to Trump. Unfortunately, I think her time has come and gone and now it's time for a new generation. That said, I'm also the first one to scream that Bernie and Joe shouldn't run either. They're time has come and gone as well. They're simply too old and I will never forgive Bernie staying in the 2016 primary three months past the time when he mathematically couldn't win. He spent those three months bashing Clinton when he could have been campaigning for her. I think Joe's too old as well and I can him pardoning the lot of Trump administration as a "need to heal and move on." FUCK NO! His comment on Pence being a great guy didn't set well either. Shows how out of touch he is with the electorate.

by Anonymousreply 39March 3, 2019 5:55 PM

*Their time...

by Anonymousreply 40March 3, 2019 5:56 PM

That was Bush/Cheney, R27.

by Anonymousreply 41March 3, 2019 5:57 PM

Same Ol’ fucking threads over and over here. We might as well start these threads on a piece of paper and pin them to an oak tree. HILLARY! NO! KAMALA! NO! BETO! NO! BERNIE!!! FUCK TRUMP!!!! NO! BIDEN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 42March 3, 2019 5:58 PM

R31

Talk of reparations is sure to hand Trump another 4 yrs,

and it's hilarious that you don't realize that.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2019 5:59 PM

I know R42.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2019 5:59 PM

She won't win.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2019 5:59 PM

It’s called politics, R42. What the fuck would you like to debate that hasn’t already been discussed before?

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2019 6:00 PM

R27 is as incoherent as Roseanne on a bender.

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Stop trying to make Hilary happen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2019 6:01 PM

Oh come on R42-- we're just getting into the Hillary vs Bernie part of the thread.

You know, the part where one side says that Bernie destroyed Hillary by running against her and then someone points out that like 5 white people under 30 voted for her and then someone says that BernieBros all voted for Trump and that's why he won and then they all start calling each other BORIS! and TROLL! and all that.

The thread will peter out at about 80-120 posts.

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2019 6:03 PM

The “deplorables” comment lost her the election in 2016 and it will crush her in the next. Stick a fork in the old cow, she’s done.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2019 6:05 PM

We all love Hillary, and she could win if she ran.

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2019 6:06 PM

Stop feeding this obvious troll's thread. You're giving him what wants.

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2019 6:06 PM

How ironic that the only people bringing up Bernie are the hoity toity DL cultural critics who keep forecasting what the thread will “devolve into.”

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2019 6:08 PM

I forgot the part where people start talking about how she can't win because she's unlikeable and the Most Admired Woman Troll shows up to point out that Hillary has been named Most Admired Woman in the World more than anyone and then spends 8 more paragraphs explaining why saying she is unlikeable is misogynistic

That's a key part of any DL Hillary thread

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2019 6:09 PM

R53 see R39

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2019 6:10 PM

The OP is a troll. I blocked one post and he’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2019 6:10 PM

Why don’t you assholes just block the thread and go back to your Real Housewives discussions. Stop polluting the thread with your nonsense!

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Why Shouldn’t Hillary Run Again?

Because she's a corrupt piece of shit cunt who deleted 30000 emails AFTER she was subpoenaed (who does this?), and who'd get us into world war 3 immediately upon entering the White House.

No thank you to this morally bankrupt rape victim shamer who colluded with Russia, selling the uranium to Putin as Secretary of State after her HUSBAND went to Moscow and was paid half a million for a "speech."

Did I mention she rigged the primaries? Don't forget Haiti, and Seth Rich!

by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2019 6:15 PM

OP's boyfriend also has a REALLY big penis R56

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2019 6:16 PM

See? LOL R58 . F/F

by Anonymousreply 60March 3, 2019 6:16 PM

R39 is spot on, and I'd add two facts: the GOP smear machine (aka FOX News) has spent the last 20 years bashing all things Clinton because they absolutely hated the fact that Bill assumed their mantle with liberal corporations (and there are enough corporations headed by liberals that the loss of those are partially to blame for Bush the elder losing to Bubba). This situation combined with the newness of social media and how easily it was manipulated (mostly because those companies are being run by incompetent idiots with no business experience — waving at Zuck and Jack from here) set up a scenario where the Russians were able to sway just enough votes in three battleground states to hand Trump the Electoral College win. Let's not forget that at the end of the day, Hillary garnered nearly 3 million more votes than Trump... which is meaningless in a system designed to give former slave states an outsized say in how the country is governed. There's a lot to say about Putin and his gang of oligarchs, but "stupid" is not in that vocabulary.

And not much has changed since the 2016 election as far as how the GOP and the rightwing smear machine operates, or perhaps more appropriately stated, allowed to operate; just look at how afraid they are of AOC and her mastery of social media. Moreover, because the Republicans control the Senate, not only are they not going to do anything to punish the Russians for their meddling, they're going to look the other way... until the Russians determine that the Democrats would be better for them, and then all of a sudden Russian collusion and election interference will be the worst thing in the history of the world and simply must be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 61March 3, 2019 6:19 PM

R58 is just one of you clowns trying to make your tired predictions come true.

by Anonymousreply 62March 3, 2019 6:20 PM

R58 loves Faux News voices in her head....

Now it's time for her to go bed.

Because the troll is such a daft wussy,

Who wants dumb Trump to grab your pussy!

by Anonymousreply 63March 3, 2019 6:24 PM

And I'll add that if Biden announces a run and goes on to talk about what a great guy Pence is and giving pardons to Trump and his crime syndicate, the Democrats will deserve to lose. The Democrats learned nothing when Nancy Pelosi took impeachment of Bush the younger off the table and let the Bush crime syndicate get away with launching two unfounded wars including committing crimes against humanity, wrecking the economy, and driving the middle class even further into the dustbin of history.

by Anonymousreply 64March 3, 2019 6:25 PM

Unfortunately, America isn't ready for a strong black woman as president.

by Anonymousreply 65March 3, 2019 6:32 PM

Who says Hillary isn’t running? This race has barely begun.

by Anonymousreply 66March 3, 2019 7:02 PM

Trollin', trollin', trollin'...

by Anonymousreply 67March 3, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote]I don’t understand why there’s so much animosity around here towards her.

OP, there is no "so much animosity around here towards her", except for a few trolls who are on stand-by for threads just like yours.

The reason I think you are trolling is that you must know this sort of thread is catnip for Bernbots. The other reason I think you are trolling is the faux naivete you think you can sell here.

FF

by Anonymousreply 68March 3, 2019 7:07 PM

And just to prove my theory there is the hateful, brainwashed piece of shit trump loving BernBot at R58.

by Anonymousreply 69March 3, 2019 7:09 PM

There is actually a conceivable scenario that with so many candidates running the primaries are a total clusterfuck with no clear front runner going into the convention. With a brokered convention, Hillary ends up the nominee. It’s not unheard of, just that it hasn’t happened that way for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 70March 3, 2019 7:09 PM

R53 see R68

by Anonymousreply 71March 3, 2019 7:10 PM

Too much baggage. Linked forever to Bill and all of his mistakes. I wonder what things would have been like had she divorced him after she left office.

by Anonymousreply 72March 3, 2019 7:16 PM

And how am I wrong, R71, when someone writes this:

[quote]The “deplorables” comment lost her the election in 2016 and it will crush her in the next. Stick a fork in the old cow, she’s done.

This is not a trump supporter, they don't care about the "deplorable" thing. This is one of the excuses used by those who protest voted, because they can't flat out say - I'd rather see trump in the White House than a Democrat who beats Bernie.

That said, if Sanders becomes the Democratic nominee I hope Democrats stand behind him. Because it's not about a small fraction of his supporters who are deplorable in their own way. They're in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 73March 3, 2019 7:19 PM

She'd be the most qualified of the applicants.

Alas, the Millennials want a young, sexy multi-racial candidate they can have a craft beer with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 3, 2019 7:25 PM

Yes, Hillary was more qualified to be president than Barack Obama.

by Anonymousreply 75March 3, 2019 7:31 PM

No no no. Please no!

by Anonymousreply 76March 3, 2019 7:39 PM

Why not, R76?

by Anonymousreply 77March 3, 2019 7:42 PM

R77. So many people hate her. Some illogically, but it is there. So deep, she starts in too big of a hole. Dems need somebody fresh or well liked.

by Anonymousreply 78March 3, 2019 7:47 PM

Where are all these Russian trolls, like OP, coming from?

by Anonymousreply 79March 3, 2019 7:49 PM

Yeah I’m a Russian troll. I’ll be redtagged any minute now. In the meantime, R79, why don’t you block the thread and go back to discussing the new season of RuPaul’s Drag Race? That’s what the fucking block button is for.

by Anonymousreply 80March 3, 2019 7:51 PM

The Slaveocrat party is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 81March 3, 2019 7:54 PM

LOL...Love how the Russian troll is monitoring every little comment on here... bitch probably can't leave the house due to the monitoring device around her fat cankle. I'll pass on RuPaul, Mary Elizabeth. I don't want to see on there anymore.

by Anonymousreply 82March 3, 2019 7:56 PM

If she ran, I do believe she could win the party's nomination again. Could she defeat Trump in the general in second go-round? You'd think so. I'd say yes, if there's no cyber tampering of the votes. I'm not convinced there wasn't some of that in 2016. She lost by such a slim margin of votes in all the right districts, it was suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 83March 3, 2019 7:56 PM

[QUOTE]So many people hate her. Some illogically, but it is there. So deep, she starts in too big of a hole. Dems need somebody fresh or well liked.

None of these candidates are beloved. They’ll all be demonized by the right for one reason or another. So you might as well put that out of your mind when choosing what candidate you want to vote for. If anything, it might help to have someone whose thin has been thickened by running through the gauntlet before.

by Anonymousreply 84March 3, 2019 7:56 PM

Stop feeding the troll.

She is not running.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 85March 3, 2019 8:01 PM

If she's going to do it, Hillary should wait until this summer after Joe Biden and Beto O'Rourke announce, to take away some of their heat - the way they're announcements will do to Bernie's current frontrunner status.

by Anonymousreply 86March 3, 2019 8:01 PM

their* announcements. damn.

by Anonymousreply 87March 3, 2019 8:02 PM

[QUOTE]She is not running.

I never said she was. I’m lamenting the idea that she isn’t, doofus.

by Anonymousreply 88March 3, 2019 8:05 PM

"So many people hate her"

Yeah, that's why she won the popular vote (and without the Russian hackers, the election itself).

All during the campaign we were told over and over how she wasn't "connecting" with people, that she had "too much baggage" and she had "no message". Emails, Benghazi, uranium, dying, lesbian...

It's called brainwashing. The Republicans have psychologists working overtime to trick weak minds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 3, 2019 8:07 PM

No, you are trolling...trying to rile up Democrats to fight with each other.

Fuck you and the Fox News picture you used to start the thread.

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2019 8:08 PM

Not my fault Fox happened to have one of the best pictures I could find. She looks downright glamorous. Perfect lighting for her face.

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2019 8:09 PM

Reading comprehension R68

The post at R53 says "How ironic that the only people bringing up Bernie are the hoity toity DL cultural critics who keep forecasting what the thread will “devolve into.”

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2019 8:14 PM

[quote] Not my fault Fox happened to have one of the best pictures I could find. She looks downright glamorous. Perfect lighting for her face.

Yeah. Sure. Great picture.

Worst troll ever. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2019 8:16 PM

But good job OP.

As you've nursed the sore jaw from your boyfriend's overly large penis, you've managed to get dozens of Hillary stans all riled up and your thread is on track to hit 100 posts shortly.

Top notch trolling.

by Anonymousreply 94March 3, 2019 8:16 PM

[QUOTE]Yeah. Sure. Great picture.

It is a great picture, though.

by Anonymousreply 95March 3, 2019 8:18 PM

If somehow Bernie ends up leading in the polls, then Hillary should definitely jump in the race. He's way too old and so is she but if its okay for him to run then she should as well. Afterall, she beat Bernie and beat Trump in total votes so she has every right to run.

by Anonymousreply 96March 3, 2019 9:44 PM

If Bernie is the nominee, I'll vote for him. In fact, I can say the same for all of the Democrats confirmed or thinking of running save one, and I don't want to be called [italic]that troll[/italic] just for identifying whom and explaining why. Regardless, I don't think Trump is going to survive to run in 2020 (hope may be the better word), which could actually work in the Republican's favor as they can then go out there and say that they have accomplished next to nothing because of sideshow Don — just give us another chance! — and there's so much pent-up hatred for liberals in the middle of the country that it might work.

by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2019 11:50 PM

She is ascared

by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2020 1:59 PM

Because authorizing the Iraq War, granting control of the government to Wall Street and neglecting working class people's needs is wrong.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2020 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!