Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poor AOC can't catch a break. Revealed to be a gas guzzling hypocrite.

Jet setting, Ubering, Lifting, driving needlessly while a subway train station is just 138 feet from her doorstep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2019 3:44 PM

You’re pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2019 8:52 AM

Really, R1? It's pathetic to discuss the absurdity of a woman who is proposing sweeping changes to bring about “a full transition off fossil fuels and zero greenhouse gases” who HERSELF has a HUGE carbon footprint? Okay then. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2019 8:59 AM

She probably can't ride the train because nuts like OP get all up in her face.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2019 9:05 AM

Oh yeah, that's probably it, R3. Read the article dummy. No one even knew her when she was Ubering all over creation for her campaign

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2019 9:07 AM

The Murdoch owned nypost is just as obsessed with AOC as OP.

OP = typical right wing writing style. “Dummy”, “LOL”.

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2019 9:11 AM

All politicians are hypocrites. Republicans are just better at getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2019 9:12 AM

It's the lunatic OP from the other AOC thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2019 9:27 AM

If that’s true, R6, then explain how Ted Kennedy got away with womanslaughter for decades.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2019 9:54 AM

She's the gift that keeps on giving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2019 10:10 AM

I’m not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2019 10:14 AM

The NYpost definitely has it out for her.

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2019 10:14 AM

r8 Surely you can't be serious. Chappaquiddick ensured that Ted Kennedy would never become president. And yet a stupid, insane, corrupt, racist, sexual predator like Donald Trump was nominated and elected president by Republican voters.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2019 10:17 AM

"who HERSELF has a HUGE carbon footprint."

Really? As compared to other senators? Surely, you have the stats for her opponent. You know, to show why taking Uber is the end of civilization but denying climate change is the smart way to go.

Unfortunately, I just don't care enough about your weird feelings to give a shit about your political ideas.

But at least I won't compare you to a pig getting singing lessons. I'll make an allowance for your dignity, such as it is.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2019 10:32 AM

At least she's the right side of 50.

Still plenty of time for the vitreol to flow against her and for her to become a more polished political operator.

Not now but her day will come.

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2019 10:49 AM

If you call AOC a hypocrite, then what the hell would you call Trump, O'Connell, Ryan, et al.? Geesh, their hypocrisy is at least several orders of magnitude more egregious.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2019 10:58 AM

R13. Um.... your gal is the one who claims Uber is the "end of civilization"---while she uses it daily. And since you're looking for data, conveniently provided in the article @ OP, here you go. Read it and weep.

[quote]In all, Ocasio-Cortez spent $29,365.70 on those emissions-spewing vehicles, along with car and van rentals — even though her Queens HQ was a one-minute walk to the 7 train. The campaign shelled out only $8,335.41 on 52 MetroCard transactions

[quote]By comparison, fellow freshman Rep. Max Rose — whose district is more than twice the size of AOC’s and, like hers, spans two boroughs — listed only 329 transactions for car services, totaling $6,091.29, campaign filings show. In a district with limited transit options and a $17 Verrazzano Bridge toll, Rose spent only $732 more than AOC on gas and tolls — an indicator of personal car usage.

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2019 11:03 AM

But.....but.....what about Trump?

That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2019 11:06 AM

Bernie is another hypocrite. Took private jet for yesterday's Brooklyn rally.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2019 11:10 AM

Of course he did, R18.

This is why claiming purity for oneself and subjecting others to purity tests backfires in the political arena. Something the youthful Bernie/AOC fans need to come to terms with.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2019 11:14 AM

Never trust anyone with a self-given nickname.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 11:37 AM

What R3 said, and R11. The right wong obsession with her is off the rails. She’s 100% right about EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2019 11:39 AM

Change "AOC" to " Trump" and DL posters sound like deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2019 11:40 AM

[quote]She’s 100% right about EVERYTHING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2019 11:41 AM

[quote]She’s pathetic.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 24March 3, 2019 11:53 AM

[quote]Change "AOC" to " Trump" and DL posters sound like deplorables.

I said that Democrats are acting like Republicans did for Sarah Palin. Once the liberal media ignores this AOC person (or fires her like the conservative media did to Palin) then Datalounge/Democrats will do what their told and ignore her too.

by Anonymousreply 25March 3, 2019 11:56 AM

Whatever else, she did great at the Cohen hearing. If that's a sample, she's entitled to do a bit of guzzling.

Bernie really took a private jet?

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2019 12:15 PM

OP? We understand how much she scares you. Not since Hillary Clinton emerged on the national stage in 1991 has the GOP been so terrified. It’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2019 12:25 PM

Love how the GOP is so threatened by AOC.

The GOP is doing its standard hate campaign but she just brushes it right off.

Fun watching the GOP just get unhinged by her.

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2019 12:35 PM

The more the cons hate her, the more we libs LOVE AOC.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2019 12:37 PM

How can one woman so terrify Putin and tRump, OP? Whatever, it is so much fun to watch you deplorables and russkies implode.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2019 12:40 PM

Here's why she's so brilliant: rather than do the typical politician thing (backtrack, apologize, whatabout) she just goes the common sense route and she never gets defensive or apologizes yes, I use air conditioning and I fly on planes. So what? My plan is going to create lots of jobs.

Turn a negative into a positive and defangs her opponents by agreeing with them and saying whatever they are criticizing her about is not a big deal.

They're not quite sure how to respond and she gets the upper hand.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2019 12:48 PM

Republicans don't really hate her. They know if she continues to suck all the oxygen out of the room (and keep Trump's name out of the headlines), that increases his chance for re-election. The worst thing AOC can do is continue to make news; the best thing she can do is stay quiet and let the Trump debacles own the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 32March 3, 2019 12:49 PM

It's amazing how this little girl has so many big guys scared shitless.

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2019 12:56 PM

[quote]They're not quite sure how to respond to a logic challenged kook who says "yes, I'm a gas guzzling whore, but I'm going to make sure no one else gets to drive a car"

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2019 12:58 PM

Do AOC trolls troll Datalounge the way Milo trolls did? They’re just as annoying. Praising and all that. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2019 1:03 PM

I can’t imagine AOC trolls are Datalounge regulars because I block them and they just have one post or just post here.

by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2019 1:04 PM

LOL. Get some perspective, Mary. No one is scared, terrified, threatened or unhinged by this poor little rube. And no one "hates" her. Just the opposite. We LOVE her and want her to keep on talking.

by Anonymousreply 37March 3, 2019 1:06 PM

R34 sounds like he was fixed. Long ago.

by Anonymousreply 38March 3, 2019 1:07 PM

Part of her district is in Queens, the other part is in The Bronx. It takes a rather long time to go by subway between Queens and the Bronx. 7 Train to Grand Central, then 6 train to the Bronx part of her district. Both are local though during rush hour there are express versions. I suppose she could take a bus, but Uber is most efficient way to go back and forth, alas.

by Anonymousreply 39March 3, 2019 1:07 PM

R36 yup—the Russian trolls have gotten a bit clever. They’ve been revealed and tossed out of the treason threads, so they’re taking a different tactic. The goal is to sow dissent among us. OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 40March 3, 2019 1:08 PM

The OP is patrolling this thread to respond to anyone who has anything even vaguely positive to say about AOC.

Could be a troll. Could be a centrist Democrat. Could be a Hillary stan. Could be a misogynist. Or some combination of all.

by Anonymousreply 41March 3, 2019 1:09 PM

^Could be someone with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 42March 3, 2019 1:10 PM

So the whole thing is about how she takes an Uber? Really?? The trolls are getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2019 1:10 PM

See I blocked R 40 and they just post here. These are trolls from elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2019 1:10 PM

Repubs are secretly loving her, because, with all of her publicity, they are hoping she turns the Dems so far left that Trump will be re-elected. Dems must avoid radical politics in order to win, despite what the East Coast liberals think.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2019 1:12 PM

Ummm I’m r40 and I’m no troll. I just posted that I think these AOC posts are trying to sow dissent among us. How is that trollish?

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2019 1:13 PM

LOL @R44

If only Datalounge's CMS was that sophisticated.

While R40 is the troll that started this thread and keeps patrolling it, all too often DL's CMS (Content Management System) only shows you someone's activity on threads you've visited. So if that person has posted on other threads you won't see it.

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2019 1:13 PM

Sorry R40-- I was going off the other posters' callout-- you are NOT the OP

by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2019 1:14 PM

Thanks r48. I most certainly am not the OP. I blocked the OP and, voila, all of the threads mocking AOC disappear.

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2019 1:16 PM

Sensitive snowflakes can not handle dissenting opinions. They are incapable of rational debate. Must block, block, block, BLOCK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2019 1:18 PM

My neighbor who is a Georgetown professor was hired by aoc's office to do weekly tutorials with them. She couldn't tell me more than that. On the positive side, it's a sign they want to learn. On the negative side, couldn't she hire people who don't need tutors?

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2019 1:20 PM

OP is regurgitating the right wing troll point that all Democrats who don't live like mendicant hermits in bare feet and sackcloth are hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2019 1:29 PM

Big surprise. AOC is a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2019 1:31 PM

This thread will be very informative about which Refucklicans to block, including you OP. Thx!

You tired old bots, Russians, and closet cases are absolutely in a hysteria about AOC, and it’s fucking delicious.

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2019 1:47 PM

Blocked ^.

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2019 1:56 PM

Just to be safe, I'm blocking everyone on every thread who has an opinion that's different from mine.

Hey, where did everyone go? This site sucks.

by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2019 2:40 PM

Lol, R56, so true!

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2019 2:42 PM

I think that it is "AOC"s PR that her rich daddy is paying for is what is making the repubs , Et. al "scared". (I doubt strongly that they are.) I am a die hard democrat, and I find her immature, solipsistic and tedious, but I have to say she has a few decent PR flacks. But in the long run, that and a token...

by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2019 2:52 PM

Bye R 56! Head to another site. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2019 2:56 PM

Why are all be critical posts about her being deleted?

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2019 2:30 AM

OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2019 2:43 AM

Because you’re Republican Russian operatives, and unlike Facebook we don’t allow that shit here.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2019 3:41 PM

Lyft is carbon neutral.

And, by taking it, you're helping in a small way to get autonomous electric vehicles with ridesharing on the road! No more parking lots in some served places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2019 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!