Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Classic Movie Extravaganza on TCM tonight!

Starts at 5:30 Eastern on TCM (in15 minutes!). One movie after the other:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Tootsie.

Victor/Victoria.

The Graduate.

Get the popcorn, folks!

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2019 2:11 PM

I love Close Encounters.

It was the only Richard Dreyfus movie that I ever liked.

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2019 9:28 PM

Tootsie has been on Showtime channel for the past few months.

I've never seen The Graduate, though. Is it worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2019 9:29 PM

I'm currently watching "Close Encounters" on TCM. Teri Garr was Gorrrgeous!

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2019 9:49 PM

I've honestly never seen Tootsie from beginning to the end. Tonight might be the night.

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2019 10:00 PM

Close Encounters was a masterpiece.

The first 30 minutes of the movie were incredible and so exciting!

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2019 10:01 PM

I love "Close Encounters." Howevah . . . wish Spielberg's flacks would have paid more attention to the film's continuity: Dreyfus' 'sunburn' from the UFO beams (exposed by looking at it from his truck's window) is on the WRONG side of his face!

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2019 10:04 PM

Thank you for the PSA! 🎬😘

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2019 10:07 PM

The weird little boy "Barry" grew up to be kind of cute.

His name is Cary Guffey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2019 10:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2019 10:08 PM

So, the AFI considers Tootsie to be one of the funniest movies ever made? Did we watch the same film? I didn't laugh once.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2019 1:04 PM

Film and TV critics are notoriously poor judges of comedy.

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2019 1:51 PM

[italic]Clue[/italic] did more for the gay community than V/V, and I say this as someone who has taken a selfie with Lesley Ann Warren.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2019 2:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!