Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was there a time you had to strip completely naked in the Doctors office?

I’m 31, I’ve never had to strip completely naked unless the Doctor was checking something specific and made me pull my pants down.

Was there a time you had to be completely naked?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 12:07 AM

I am 65. When I went to the doctor they always told me to strip down and I was left in a room waiting for the doctor. I never like it but that was the way it was. I had emergency gall bladder surgery recently and they never even asked me to remove my pants!! Things have changed...

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2019 7:35 PM

In the 80s and 90s you frequently had to strip for an appointment, although in my case a gown was provided. By the early 2000s, stripping for the doc was not done, and my physicians were always apologetic for asking me to pull my pants down. I had a couple doctors refuse to look at my nether regions when I was having a problem with a growth in my groin.

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2019 7:44 PM

It was common practice in the military to strip completely naked.

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2019 7:50 PM

I have to wonder if the great decrease in patients being asked to remove their clothes stems from all the lawsuits filed against doctors for malpractice specifically for sexual infractions. Doctors may be especially sensitive to that issue now especially since the rates for malpractice insurance is extremely high.

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2019 8:01 PM

For CDL license. The doctor felt my groin and balls looking for lumps. It's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2019 8:05 PM

OP, your not getting a full physical exam if you don't strip down. How does he check your groin area or check your prostate?

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2019 8:19 PM

In 1963 we all stripped in line for the army physical: turn you head and cough plus bend over and let check your hemorrhoids.

I had to close my mind to what I was seeing, or I would have spring a boner

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2019 8:19 PM

Yes r7, me too. Army doctor. Also in prison. Had to strip, bend over, spread for prison doctor.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2019 8:22 PM

Only at my dentist's.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2019 8:23 PM

Strip? I don’t even have to physically see the doctor for my checkup. Losers!

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2019 8:50 PM

When we were 13 an elderly doctor told us to strip down for a physical exam and then touched us inappropriately 'down there'.

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2019 8:59 PM

I strip at the dermatologist for a yearly skin check.I have had skin cancer so I'm fine with it.You just hold a gown in front of you while he looks for anything suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2019 9:03 PM

Skin check. Totally naked

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2019 9:05 PM

It was probably the quickest way to check them for obvious issues like scoliosis, lice and syphilis sores. And yes, at a mass military draft examination they probably were looking for guys who couldn't handle being around a lot of other naked men.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2019 9:06 PM

Little known fact, the military used to sort recruits by dick size. Some old WW1 rule that platoons needed to meet an average standard, thus mixing the 4" with the 9". Not sure if they took shower vs. grower issue into account.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2019 9:18 PM

Dermatologist too.....he said he was looking at my skin patterns.

Then had me pull down my underwear???

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2019 9:28 PM

At the dermatologist. Melanoma can show up anywhere R16. Including the White House, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2019 9:39 PM

No appreciation for the fine ass on that creamy-skinned guy in the foreground at the OP.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2019 10:02 PM

^ I meant that as a question.

Or maybe an accusation about the oversight.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2019 10:03 PM

I get a physical annually. I used to completely strip down. Then in recent years, I kept my underwear on, but the doctor pulled on the elastic band of my underwear and looked inside. Now the doctor doesn't ask me to remove my underwear or look inside my underwear. He simply doesn't check my privates. I don't know why. Yes, being totally naked is a bit awkward, but for the brief time that I would be naked, I wouldn't mind. I would prefer he check my privates, but doctors don't seem to do it any longer--and this is two different primary care doctors. So it's not like one doctor did it and the other one didn't. It seems to be a trend that now you leave on your underwear, but doctors never check your dick and balls any longer. Why not?

I used to get a digital rectal exam. The doctor would put on a latex glove, lube up his finger and stick it in my ass, But now doctors don't digital exams anymore. I do have blood work done to check my prostate/PSA level.

The dermatologist is different. I have had several bouts of skin cancer. The doctor checks me out head to toe completely naked, no underwear, no nothing, Naked. It's a bit awkward, but I prefer he examine me naked head to toe and everything in between.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 12:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!