Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Old Navy splits off from Gap

On Thursday, Gap Inc announced that it would be splitting the retail company into two publicly traded companies - Old Navy and a yet-to-be-named company that will consist of the Gap brand, Athleta, Banana Republic, Intermix and Hill City.

"Following a comprehensive review by the Gap Inc. Board of Directors, it’s clear that Old Navy’s business model and customers have increasingly diverged from our specialty brands over time, and each company now requires a different strategy to thrive moving forward," Robert Fisher, Gap Inc.’s Board Chairman said in a statement to the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 3:04 PM

Old Navy is for the poors.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2019 11:27 PM

But who will get custody of the children?

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2019 11:28 PM

GAP has gone downhill that doesn't say much for Old Navy.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2019 11:29 PM

Old Gravy we call it. Also, disposable clothing. Wear once and trash it. It's where you go if your luggage gets lost or delayed.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2019 12:18 AM

GAP is not what it once was and have closed many of the stores in my area.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2019 12:42 AM

Old Navy has better clothes than Gap.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2019 12:53 AM

GAP Inc. employees were informed yesterday that they wouldn’t be getting their annual bonuses.

I’ve also been told that Sonja - the head of the newly split-off Old Navy - is a major cunt whom everyone hates. I suppose she was getting tired of subsidizing the money-losing Gap brand. But she’s going to have a hard time finding and retaining executives.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Looks like Athleta is circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 8July 23, 2019 2:19 PM

All the stores except Old Navy are hence the split. Old Navy will stay on. The rest will go bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 9July 23, 2019 2:31 PM

I prefer Old Navy to Gap because the quality is pretty similar. Gap is an old brand for old people.

by Anonymousreply 10July 23, 2019 2:32 PM

I think you are all wrong. Maybe on some items Gap and Old Navy aren't that far apart, but I've had GAP clothing last years. I've had a lot of Old Navy clothes not last a season. Old Navy apparel always goes haywire after the first wash. The size changes, the shape gets distorted. Have you really worn an Old Navy sweater for more than one season? Or those torture device flip flops?

by Anonymousreply 11July 23, 2019 2:47 PM

[quote]I think you are all wrong.

Oh. Okay.

I'm sure this is a feeling you have a lot.

by Anonymousreply 12July 23, 2019 2:51 PM

Banana Republic is and has always been massively overpriced. I never see anyone shopping at my local store.

by Anonymousreply 13July 23, 2019 2:53 PM

Some of you are just fat which puts more stress on your garments and causes them to wear out quickly! There you have it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 23, 2019 2:54 PM

My company's mailroom gets like 6 boxes a day from Banana. It's very popular amongst the younger women.

by Anonymousreply 15July 23, 2019 2:55 PM

"I prefer Old Navy to Gap because the quality is pretty similar."

Which is to say the quality is shit-to-nonexistent at both of these dumps.

More child/slave labor produced rags. The CEO's of these shitholes should be forced to work in one of their factories for a month.

by Anonymousreply 16July 23, 2019 3:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!