Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Michael Cohen still lying?

Would he really jeopardize his slap-on-the-hand 36 mo. sentence in a country club prison?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2019 2:57 PM

He's still withholding from the SDNY. I don't think he lied in his testimony yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2019 2:52 PM

Manafort was willing to screw up his deal so I wouldn't put it past Cohen. Both are dumb as rocks.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2019 2:54 PM

Who said he’s going to a country club prison?

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2019 2:56 PM

According to CNN, he did commit perjury yesterday. In response to Jim Jordan's questioning, Cohen testified that he never sought nor desired a job in the White House. However, CNN and other media outlets have reported a long time ago that he sought over and over and was desperate to obtain a job in the White House. So, I'm sorry I can't believe him if he continues to lie, about something as inconsequential as that. I can believe him when he produces evidence to back up his accusations, but taking him at his word about anything is foolish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2019 4:57 PM

Are his lips moving?

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2019 5:53 PM

Do those jowls of his put anyone else in mind of a Saint Bernard?

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2019 5:56 PM

That was the weird thing, why lie about wanting a job in the Whitehouse?

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2019 6:14 PM

wanting a job and then denying wanting it: Quite the crime!

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2019 6:20 PM

The told me to work in the white house > I said No No NO

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2019 6:22 PM

I hope you bitches aren't going to try to lionize this creep just like you did with that other low-life, Michael Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2019 6:26 PM

and I hope -you bitch -aren't trying to cover for the commander in creep

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2019 6:30 PM

R8 When you are an admitted lier, trying to now claim that you are telling the truth. It is important that you tell the truth, especially about inconsequential things that has already been reported on by numerous media outlets.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2019 6:33 PM

Meh, he was probably lying about wanting a job in the White House. He did seem testy about that. But he had receipts for the most important allegations, and he gave up names of other potential witnesses and lots of other avenues for subpoenas.

Re the White House job: Cohen did mention a memo or something similar about how he couldn't be WH counsel because Trump would lose attorney-client privilege. I'd like to see that memo surface. He also mentioned Trump being pissed at Priebus for not giving Cohen a WH position. Remember the self-aggrandizing mole on Trump's staff who promised in that op-ed that they are trying really really hard to save us from Trump? Well, step up motherfucker--leak that memo and confirm the Priebus story.

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2019 6:35 PM

You can't freely pick and choose what you want to believe from this guy. As with any other chronic liar, you have to find corroborating evidence in order to give credit to his testimony.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2019 6:37 PM

^ Hence, "he had receipts for the most important allegations."

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2019 6:38 PM

R4, it doesn't seem like something Cohen would lie about after he had already admitted to some really vile, thuggish behavior. So I'm going to choose to believe him when he was told that there would be dire consequences if he lied about anything. He knows that if he lies, what happened with Manafort will happen to him. I believe that he is trying to right all the wrongs that he did. And if he's the "chosen" one to get this country back on the right path again, then so be it. I accept that, even though he is a flawed person who did very bad things.

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2019 6:40 PM

I hope he can prove those checks were not retainer fees from Don and Don Jr.

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2019 6:54 PM

Here is the thing about the Stormy payoff, Cohen actually provided Trump with a defense against any campaign finance violation. Paying someone to not tell their story, isn't a crime, the only argument that can be made is that it was a campaign finance violation, because the expense wasn't listed as a campaign expense. However, you do not have to list any expense, if it is an expense that you would have incurred if you weren't running for office. Cohen's testimony showed that Trump has a history of paying off women who made allegations against him, going back years before he ran for President, therefore Trump can make the argument that he would have paid the money even if he wasn't a candidate, therefore it wasn't a campaign expense.

That was just one point of his testimony, I picked up on others, that while very politically embarrassing and that provides many wonderful points for Democrats to exploit, actually might end up helping Trump legally. Remember, the law is full of loopholes, and all anyone needs is a smart and convincing lawyer to exploit those loopholes.

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2019 6:54 PM

Our saintly commander in chief, who is ONLY trying to make america great again, is being slandered by turncoats, by the deep state, or is it satan, or Hillary, or all the black people, or all the poor people, or all the brown people. Its a vast left wing conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2019 6:57 PM

No one in this thread is saying that R19.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2019 6:59 PM

Daily Beast: Hannity Insists: Cohen Was Never My Lawyer ‘in Any Capacity’— and He Apologized to Me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2019 7:05 PM

Not true R21. On his show, in April of 2018, he did say that Michael Cohen had represented him. Alan Dershowitz was a guest on his show when it came out that Hannity was Michael Cohen's 3rd client. Dershowitz told Hannity that he should have disclosed his relationship with Cohen, to which Hannity shot back that he had a right to his privacy and he only hired him for something minor. So when Hannity gets on his soapbox calling out Michael Cohen for being a liar, he only has to look in a mirror at himself.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2019 9:49 PM

R18, the Stormy et al payoffs were campaign-related. Trump's pussy-grabbing quote was getting bad press and damaging his campaign. He knew it would damage the campaign even more if it became known that he'd also had extramarital affairs with a pron star and a Playmate. He needed to shut those women up before they could blab, and saw to it that they were paid off to keep quiet. It was all about the campaign - Trump wouldn't have forked over a dime to shut them up otherwise. The affairs were long over, and he hadn't previously seen them as a threat, but their exposure was the last thing he needed during pussygate.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2019 10:07 PM

I think he lied about not NOT being in Prague. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2019 10:08 PM

R23 but the fact that he can document that he made similar payoffs, to different women for years prior to running for office, establishes that making such payoffs was his normal course of business. So he can argue that he would have paid her off, even if he wasn't running for office.

Thank about it like this, if Cher was to run for office and paid for plastic surgery, during the campaign. If it was someone else it might be a campaign expense. But, since she has a history of regularly getting plastic surgery, she would be able to argue that she would have had the surgery whether she had ran for office or not.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2019 10:39 PM

I cannot believe anyone would want this guy as their lawyer. The first time I saw him, I thought what a rat faced lying creep. He is just like Manafort, in that there is something so visually "off" about him. You can tell just by looking at them that they have major problems.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2019 10:47 PM

[quote] Is Michael Cohen still lying?

Do his jowls have jiggle and bounce?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2019 11:06 PM

R25, you seriously think anyone is interested in some low-level campaign finance violation against Trump at this point? Cohen gave broad testimony to demonstrate that Trump is an all-around unredeemable piece of shit--racist, liar, vicious, stupid, and so on. The real meat of Cohen's testimony, and what the House is going to be pursuing to whatever extent Mueller and SDNY aren't already doing so, are the serious high level banking and tax fraud and other major financial crimes. So go on with your "oh but but there's no campaign violation here!" No one gives a shit about that other than it's just yet another example of what a lying asshole he is.

Speaking of his lies:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2019 11:40 PM

R25, Cohen can testify that Trump wanted Daniels and MacDougal paid off to keep them from making pussygate worse for him. It doesn't matter if Trump routinely paid off women. He paid off these women because he was running for president, because he was being accused of misogyny for his pussygate quote, and he was afraid these affairs during a time his wife was pregnant or had just given birth would ramp up the pussygate bad press he was getting even more. These payoffs were more significant than the usual payoffs.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2019 12:05 AM

I wish I could permanently block the Yvonne troll.

Stop trying to make Yvonne happen. She's never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2019 12:07 AM

PS AIM also admitted they did the catch and kill of Karen McDougal's story to influence Trump's campaign.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2019 12:08 AM

R29 I didn't say that the defense would prevail in court, but it would be the clearest defense to the charge.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2019 12:10 AM

Cohen has nothing to gain by lying now, and everything to gain by telling every secret thing.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2019 9:40 PM

Except if he lies about Russians he gets not to be killed. His family is safe also. So there is a motive for lying about Russians,

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2019 2:31 PM

Russians don't give a shit. All Putin wanted was to destroy Hillary's chances to be POTUS. After that, they couldn't care less.

They are, however, enjoying watching the U.S. sink into partisan cannibalism. Divide 'n conquer.

by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2019 2:55 PM

30% vote Yes --which is equal to the DL's troll count

by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2019 2:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!