Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rami Malek

Whats your opinion of him?

For some reason I just loathe him. Wanna punch him in those bug eyes. Seems completely smug and smarmy. And lets not start talking about that ridiculous bearding he did at the Oscars

by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2019 1:59 AM

I'm a fan of Mr. Robot and used to like him. But the Rami-obsessed loon we have had to suffer through has basically killed off my like for Rami. Same way the Chalamet fangurls have basically ruined him for me.

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2019 10:43 PM

His eyes look like they're getting ready to make a run for it.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2019 10:45 PM

Can the fucking Rami obsessed hater stop and get a life? Like seriously

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2019 10:46 PM

For a man going on 40, he comes across as a strange man-child - not just in his looks, but his whole demeanor. I don't find him unlikable, just strange.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2019 10:48 PM

He’s socially awkward and acknowledges this.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2019 10:49 PM

R5 He is Downes Syndrome adjacent

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2019 11:03 PM

He triggered all of the right people on Twitter by correctly identifying Freddie as gay, so for the moment being I'm well disposed towards him.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2019 1:51 AM

For carrying the weight he did in Bohemian Rhapsody and pulling it off, he has my respect. I hopes he grows personally as he has professionally. I wish him only the best.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2019 2:01 AM

He really became rather smug. Used to like him before. And yes, bearding of this level after playing Mercury is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2019 2:07 AM

Tp be fair, didn't Freddie himself beard?

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2019 2:09 AM

There’s so many beards in Hollywood. What’s the issue?

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2019 2:09 AM

The Rami and TimOTay Fangurrls post thread after thread after thread about these guys they're never in a trillion years going to get to fuck.

And, of course, it's THE REST OF US who have the problem.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2019 2:21 AM

Are we going to ignore the elephant in the room a. k. a. "bromance" between Downey Jr. and Malek on which they elaborate so often?

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2019 9:07 AM

No interest in him, but if I could go back and suck Freddie Mercury's dick, I'd be on the first plane out of here. Actually, let's make it more interesting. Since Freddie Mercury and Tim Curry look like they could be brothers, I'd do them both together at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2019 9:15 AM

The only thing worse than the Rami-obsessed loon in this loon, the Rami-hating one.

What a stupid poll.

I like him. I've never seen Mr. Robot, but I did see that sitcom he was on years ago (playing a gay guy) and I like him in Bohemian Rhapsody.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2019 9:35 AM

Personally I rejoice that someone without apparent family/industry links has had so much success, he deserves it. Don’t worry Im sure all the circus around him will fade pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2019 9:40 AM

r16, he grew up in SoCal. I'm sure if you dig through his immediate family, you'll find someone working at CAA or the like.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2019 9:42 AM

R17 the only family he has here are his siblings and mom. He’s a first generation American

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2019 9:52 AM

I like him and I'm Not an idiot. However, when he first hit the scene as Mr. Robot I loathed him - couldn't stand the sight of him. Over time he grew on me and doing the Queen movie made me realize he is smart, intelligent, sincere and has a good attitude. Yes, he has crazy eyes which I still find a little disturbing but I believe he's a good guy and that's the main thing.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2019 10:43 AM

He is a nice guy and a good actor, but he is terrible at bearding. They should peacefully put an end to that relationship before she gets depressed and he makes a fool of himself (even more than he did at the oscars)

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 10:47 AM

R20 terrible is an understatement. He was caught bearding red-handed this past Saturday. Outed by a JJ poster/user.

[quote]I work at the Whole Foods they were spotted at. She arrived before he did and made a phone call and then sat nearby reading. The photographers arrived about ten minutes after. She kept making a show of checking her hair and makeup. Kept talking about how people were there to take her photo. Rami arrived maybe 30 minutes after that.

We had to let the photographers inside the store and employees had to block off the aisles they were in. We had known a few hours earlier that at a certain time we needed to not allowed customers down certain aisles. It was a pain. Do you know how angry customers get when you tell them they can't use an aisle because some celeb is using it for a publicity photo shoot? Usually people wait until after they leave the store, but I guess they paid a lot for inside the store photos. The photographers were n the ground trying to get some good angles and they were posing up a storm.

Rami was kind of distant and wouldn't speak to anyone. This girl was so rude to everyone when the cameras weren't on her but as sweet as pie once the cameras were there. Pulled the "do you know who I am?" and "my boyfriend is famous!" and "I have a TV show!" lines. Honestly did that "I'm more important than you because I'm rich and a celebrity" shit that you see all the time. No one inside the store was allowed to take photos with either of them or even talk to them.

They were only touching and affectionate when the cameras were on them. As soon as the photographers weren't taking pictures, they separated and she was on her phone or he was walking around. It was really awkward to watch. They had some pictures outside the store and once the photographers left, they went in separate directions. Didn't even leave together which was weird.

I had no idea who she was until a coworker filled me in. We were just told "Celebrity and guest" were coming for some publicity photos. From her comments about "do you know who I am" I assumed she was some low list actress or one of those rich trust fund blondes who has a famous parent. Honestly don't really care about celebs and I liked Mr. Robot but this made my fucking job so much harder and was a nightmare. I have no respect for anyone who thinks their fame and money means they can ruin the day of people trying to make a living. Or who try and act like they're normal and are pulling staged acts in public for attention. It's fake and shitty behavior. They're both jerks for putting us through this. Won't be watching any of his stuff after this.[/quote]

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2019 1:39 PM

I heard him interviewed on the radio once. He came across as articulate, serious, and charming.

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2019 1:49 PM

He has great armpits. That's enough to get my love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2019 2:19 PM

He and Elijah Wood are in the running for the lead role in "The Acosta Story: Secrets from the Basement."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2019 2:21 PM

Rami is hot. He did a great job in BR.

by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2019 3:08 PM

R21

OMG! I saw the pictures this person is talking about. So fucking embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2019 3:15 PM

"Bromance" between Rami and RDJ, when did that happen? R13

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2019 3:44 PM

Yeah, what's this about Malek and RDJ?

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2019 5:38 PM

I'll have to be the lonely malcontent who did not like Malek in Rhapsody.

Freddie Mercury might not have been classically handsome but he was charismatic, electrifying, and sexy. Malek is a good actor but his weasely appearance and lack of animal magnetism just made the film ring false to me.

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2019 6:59 PM

R26

Extremely embarrassing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2019 3:17 AM

Overrated As Fuck. The Academy only proved what a shithole the Oscars is when they gave him the award.

by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2019 3:23 AM

Like R1 that fucking Rami stan drove me to hate this cunt after her shenanigans over Xmas. Was just endless shit

And he looks like Jeff Goldblum

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2019 3:28 AM

This looks about as real as Tom and Taylor in 2016. R30

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2019 12:15 PM

I finally saw BR. Talk about overhyped. I thought he was portraying Hepburn not Freddy Mercury. And they really over did the whole teeth thing. Spent the whole movie watching his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2019 1:21 PM

He forever gets a pass because of Kenny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2019 1:22 PM

I thought he was okay in BR. His teeth made me a bit crazy. I kept thinking he was going to spit them out. Recently, I watched a side by side video comparison of the Live Aid Concert in BR and the real Queen version. Malek mimicked Freddy Mercury like a mirror. Every movement was choreographed. He has my respect just for that.

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2019 1:29 PM

R30: He is a good actor so i suppose he could do a better your with his fake relationship, because it's very very obvious. He competes in the Chalamet league of incompetence on a fake relationship and only Shawn Mendes is worst

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2019 1:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2019 1:50 PM

R30

There was a theory on DL about Lucy Boynton actually dating BR co star Joe Mazzello, and bearding with Rami. If true, it's such an awkward, embarassing arrangement. And she sounds and looks like a total bitch. They obviously can't stand each other.

It's impossible to respect both of them after this.

by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2019 2:53 PM

Enough of this bullshit. I am rushing out to Complete my look with Lucy's Saint Laurent bag.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2019 2:58 PM

imagine if it was Tammy or Clooney being caught in a blatant lie (bearding arrangement). This place would go berserk!

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2019 3:18 PM

That photo above of Lucy Boynton makes her look like she is wearing his fake teeth from BR.

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2019 5:34 PM

She's from the rich family?

by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2019 5:41 PM

Why is she toting a book to the grocery store? Why is she wearing such an unflattering dress for this planned photo op?

He looks so much cuter with the sunglasses. He should never take them off.

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2019 5:42 PM

R39: I don't think that's the case. They probably like each other (it's obvious they extended the contract because both got benefits from publicity) but body language don't lie, and they are not into each other and she seems bored to death half of the time.

He overreacted a lot with his acceptance speeches, even if they were real that was way over the top. And of course it's a clear sign the he will never come out of the closet, someone who thinks on coming out some day don't do such embarrasing thing

by Anonymousreply 45July 16, 2019 5:48 PM

R45

There is no way in hell they like each other. They cant even have a conversation in public after being "together" for years.

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2019 5:54 PM

R46: Sorry but they seem to tolerate each other quite well in comparission with Pr stunts that hate each other like Taylor Swift and Harry Styles.

They seem simply bored of each other. They will milk the relationship for a while and then split. I suppose she is only doing it because it gets her a lot of publicity

by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2019 5:59 PM

R47

Please, dont be naive. They cant even speak to each other. It was obvious for months. I used to like him, but now all i feel is contempt.

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2019 6:17 PM

It was a very obvious and pathetic pr stunt, but he showed HW how much he commit for promote the movie and it payed it well

by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2019 6:21 PM

I liked Bohemian Rhapsody, even though it was obviously a glossed over view of Queen, and safely gay take on Freddie Mercury. I am not onboard the Rami hype train, though. He sounded like a lethargic hypnotized robot in most of the film.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2019 6:33 PM

R49 There is nothing admirable about bearding. It's absolutely pathetic. Fake dating someone in order to hide your true sexuality is a spineless coward move.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2019 4:32 AM

R51: Yes, but there are more gay actors bearding than gay actors out of the closet. It's the 50's reloaded

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2019 1:47 PM

Beautiful and talented. I'm still against acting as a queer character if you're not out of the closet though.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2019 2:31 PM

R52

I think he was especially pathetic with his bearding.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2019 2:55 PM

R53: Well, that's one of the few thing that i couldn't care less. Acting is pretending being someone you are not, and he is obviously not Freddie Mercury

by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2019 6:01 PM

R55 Closet issue aside, good acting is convincingly pretending to be someone you're not. During Rhapsody I couldn't forger for even a minute that I was watching someone trying - and failing - to be someone much more talented and charismatic than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2019 4:58 PM

R55 Closet issue aside, good acting is convincingly pretending to be someone you're not. During Rhapsody I couldn't forger for even a minute that I was watching someone trying - and failing - to be someone much more talented and charismatic than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2019 4:59 PM

I hope they will be together forever. Their mutual hatred is delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 8, 2019 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!