Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mexican Dynasties on Bravo

Anyone watching? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2020 4:28 PM

Another “reality” show? No thanks. Vapid fake shit.

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2019 2:59 AM

I wasn't crazy that all of the "featured families" appear to be Spanish blood, but the only ones who are truly indigenous are, once again, the maids. I'm sure that they could have found a rich indigenous Mexican family. OK I hate myself for coming off all SJW. Erase this post.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2019 3:03 AM

Love it! Think it's going to be a big hit....they are crazy fuckers and you can tell they are not making it up. The young son from the one family is gorgeous.....I hope he's bi....like his dad.

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2019 3:40 AM

I watched it twice, rare for me. It has some fun moments, some too aware moments, but overall I love it so far.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2019 4:42 AM

[quote]I'm sure that they could have found a rich indigenous Mexican family

No, they wouldn’t have.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2019 5:08 AM

Sadly, r5 you may well be right. I can't get past how white this is. Also so try-hard. Everyone laughing at each other's lines. I hoped for more.

That said, I'm fucking hungry for chicharrones

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2019 5:14 AM

The queen lusting after the other couple’s son is hilarious, and should be interesting to see how they play him out in the show. Bitchy, for sure. Something is amiss between him and his sister.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2019 8:07 AM

I am surprised this wasn't the Real Housewives of Mexico City

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2019 11:45 AM

More DLers are not watching this campfest?

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2019 3:11 PM

I watched it. I thought the father looked very familiar, and now I realize he was on Flamingo Road with Morgan Fairchild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2019 3:30 PM

The obvious facelift is very bad on the show. I do not understand why men continue to get these feminizing procedures.

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Sure - I've watched it. Curious to see the cultural differences and lifestyles of rich and famous in other countries. The ever present security guards in the household is a bit shocking. Maybe not if they're THAT famous.

The Allendes are actually Puerto Rican and lived in the US a long time. Many on the show speak English without an accent - and now we know why.

But it definitely shows a deep racial component in the society.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2019 3:57 PM

Fernando Allende was born in Mexico City and raised in Mexico. His family is from all over the place: Cuba, Puerto Rico, France, and Spain. He was a known bisexual in his younger days.

He was so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2019 4:10 PM

Acting for the cameras. Embarrassingly stupid show filled with wannabe Kardashians. So they will fit in perfectly with Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2019 5:10 PM

the background shots of mexico city are a joke. When I was there the smog was so thick you needed a gas mask to breath and it looked like london fog smack up in your face , thick as shit...........how they ever got one clear day to film background is beyond me?Admittedly I havent been there in a long time, but I cant believe it would be less today?

Having said that, I think they will get a big audience and even tho those cast on the show arent representative of Mexico probably I think the one thing it does for the typical tv viewers of Peoria, is it makes them seem like real human beings not that much different from anyone else, as opposed to Trumps world view of rapists and murderers.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2019 8:45 PM

How often are those earthquake drills?! I can't imagine some old abuelita hiking her falda above her ankles to drag her wrinkled ass down twelve flights of stairs for a stupid drill. Fuck that. I'd just let the damn building fall on me.

I love the older gay guy. He says cringe-worthy things sometimes, but he's adorable.

The middle Allende kid has major sibling rivalry issues. If his family pushes him any further, he may pull a Menendez Brothers all on his own.

The young Allende kid is gay AF. Hellen Keller could see it. Blindfolded. With cataracts and glaucoma. During a global blackout. From outer space. Facing backwards.

Finally! A positive show about Mexicans. I'll keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2019 9:05 PM

So - you know who is behind this show, right? Kyle Richard's MIL last name is Bessudo and Mauricio is cousins with the Bessudo family on the show (the daughter and the fashion blonde mother who recently lost her husband).

This show brought to you by Kyle Richards. Not saying I won't watch - but now it all makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2019 2:55 AM

I was surprised how campy and entertaining it was, moreso than some of the other Bravo non housewives stuff. I plan to continue watching.

The ratingd for the premiere werent too hot, it lost about two thirds of its Real Housewives of Beverly Hills lead in. But I think Bravo will judge on hoe the ratings grow or fall throughout the series depending on the viewer reaction.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2019 3:41 AM

I'm I right in thinking this is just a Mexican Southern Charm?

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2019 3:44 AM

r19, yes but even gayer than Thomas and Shemp

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 11:35 AM

OK, about to watch the second episode on On Demand. Still kind of surprised this isn't getting more attention on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2019 7:39 AM

I thought I would hate the show because of the obvious colonial imperialism and classism, but it's not that bad.

I must say that it's off-putting seeing the white European people being served by the brown indigenous people. Sure, it happens in the states, but the contrast is just so stark in Mexico.

That said, Adan cracks me up. He is SUCH a baby. You can tell that the employees in the Allende house just look at him with astonishment. He's 27 and so immature. At first I thought that Adan was better looking, but his personality is really annoying. He's a brat.

Elan, on the other hand, is much more mature, and he is kinda sexy. I can see why Oscar is into him. However, it's just creepy that he's openly lusting after this married guy who is like almost 20 years younger than him. Yes, Oscar (the older gay guy) is 49, and Elan is only 31 - and married.

The parents are funny. They're really laid back. I can't believe they openly discussed how feminine the father (Fernando) is. Elan casually said, "Yeah, I've heard that my whole life. But then again, everyone was bisexual in the 70's." The mother (Mari) is hilarious. Surprisingly, she isn't this bombshell that you would expect a bi guy to be with.

The Besudos (Raquel and her daughter) are boring. I can't believe how rude the mother was to Oscar's kids. First asking them if they were adopted (even though she knew that a surrogate was used), and then calling the younger boy "the ugly one." He should have kicked her!

The show is a bit of a trainwreck, but I have to admit that it is kind of addictive.

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2019 8:30 PM

Adan looks like a douche.

And he can't sing for shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 8, 2019 4:13 PM

Elan is more handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2019 4:14 PM

Most Mexicans are mestizos, not purely European or indigenous. I don't know why people are assuming these people have no indigenous blood? I'm lighter than Fernando for sure and have some indigenous dna. I resemble the gay brother with the little kids in my complexion. Mexicans come in every shade.

by Anonymousreply 25March 8, 2019 4:38 PM

[quote] Mexicans come in every shade

Yes, but only the white ones are rich.

by Anonymousreply 26March 8, 2019 7:32 PM

This Adan is piece of work. I am assuming everyone basically knows he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote]I can't imagine some old abuelita hiking her falda above her ankles to drag her wrinkled ass down twelve flights of stairs for a stupid drill. Fuck that. I'd just let the damn building fall on me.

This is the hardest I have laughed at anything this whole year. And I needed it. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2019 2:53 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Oscar is sexy af?

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2019 2:55 AM

R29 Yes, surely you're the only one. He's the antithesis of sexy af.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2019 3:27 AM

I'm really liking this show.

The cast is surprisingly down-to-earth for rich people. And they're hilarious.

I especially love Mari. She is such a mess. From her horrible plastic surgery, to her crazy eyes, to her ridiculous stories. She cracks me the hell up. I especially loved her story about Elan being so hairy when he was a baby, and that he was so ugly that she cried. rofl!

Also interesting was Elan's wife telling the story about how she actually knew Adan first, because he had a crush on her. Then she ended up with Elan. Smart, because he was obviously the straight one. Plus, Adan is so cheesy. He has a very fake personality, sort of like his father.

Oscar also told a cute story about being bullied in school, so his mother and aunt went to school with bats and dressed in costume, and scared the bullies! That's so awesome.

I find these people infinitely more interesting than the fake housewives.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2019 10:54 AM

Is the plastic surgery in Mexico really this bad?

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2019 2:40 PM

Get it, gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote] I thought I would hate the show because of the obvious colonial imperialism and classism.... it's off-putting seeing the white European people being served by the brown indigenous people.....

You must be a blast at parties, R22.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2019 11:07 PM

I'm loving this show so much! Give me this over the tired Real Housewives dreck.

Everyone is such a mess but also fun & funny. The staff crack me up talking about taking care of these loons.

The fashionable mom (Raquel) is a carbon copy of my dead mother. My mom wasn't Mexican but she was hypercritical, dressed to the nines & always wearing a smile as she dished out her snide comments.

I love everything about this crazy show.

by Anonymousreply 35March 14, 2019 12:05 AM

I need the name of Raquel's plastic surgeon. She's like 70 and her face is gorgeous! Absolutely natural without being pulled too tight.

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2019 1:17 AM

Raquel is funny in such a snooty way.

She's very reserved and shy, but she still manages to be bitchy. I love that about her.

I felt bad for Oscar being stood up at his party, but he never did say if the guy he invited was gay or straight. I actually think that he was hitting on a straight guy, and the guy backed out when he saw the lights and the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2019 1:58 AM

Adan is clearly a DLer

by Anonymousreply 38March 14, 2019 11:28 AM

I love this show. The parents with the too close relationship with their kid, referring to themselves as "the tripod" crack me up. It doesn't take itself seriously for the most part, and when the cast are being hammy for the camera it's obviously deliberate and (usually) cute.

THAT SAID, they are carefully choosing the outside scenes. Mexico City is getting better every year, but it is still very polluted, and crime remains an issue. Don't think for a second these families aren't living in super duper (I'm so technical) gated homes/buildings, with armed security. Also, they are cherry picking the days when they can film outside when it is clear and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 39March 14, 2019 11:45 AM

I aspire to be as happy & joyous as Oscar & his sister.

by Anonymousreply 40March 14, 2019 9:27 PM

I agree, R40.

At first, they bugged me because I thought that they were just being phony.

But the more you watch them, the more you can see that they are always like that. And it makes sense, because they said that their mother always made them "perform." lol

I have never seen a brother and sister who are so close, and what makes it even more special is that she supports her gay brother 100%. So does their mother.

It's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 41March 14, 2019 11:05 PM

I'm going to be better about posting when the show is on. It is way too good for only 42 posts. I don't want it to die after one season. I'm already bonding with most of the cast, and I usually take forever to warm up to a new show.

by Anonymousreply 42March 14, 2019 11:22 PM

Does Adan like the peen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2019 4:48 PM

R43

I think Adan would service peen or vag if it would help his career.

by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2019 8:49 PM

Adan needs a good spanking!

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2019 11:22 PM

Adan's parents were smart to keep him off of "La Voz." They would have the rights to all of his music.

That Doris Besudo is a sneaky rat.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2019 8:05 PM

My South American mom and Raquel definitely use the same poised bitchiness playbook. Fun show!

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2019 8:44 PM

Mari Allende looks like she can't close her eyes!

She and Fernando crack me up when they keep calling Adan their "little angel from heaven." rofl

He's such a spoiled little baby. No wonder Elan is so jealous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2019 8:49 PM

If my parents let me live in their penthousee with their $$ I'd stick around too! Go get it Adan!

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2019 8:53 PM

Ok someone here must have run into Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2019 11:58 AM

He looks pretty good for 50

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2019 12:01 PM

[quote] He looks pretty good for 50

I agree, but he lives a pretty charmed life.

He's rich from family wealth, he has a very loving family, he has a job that he loves, he has the kids he has always wanted, and I'm sure that he can hook up whenever he wants to with whoever he wants to.

Oscar is a very lucky guy.

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2019 12:10 PM

It struck me that Adan IS the white Mexican version of Danny from Below Deck Med, very similar voice and appearance.

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2019 2:57 PM

Adan and Sylvester Stallone.

Sly looks perturbed in the photo... lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2019 6:25 PM

Adan and David Foster.

Hmmm.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2019 6:25 PM

The Allendes are a very attractive family.

It looks like Fernando was comfortable with gray hair, but decided to color it for the show.

I actually prefer the gray. His hair color on the show looks a bit fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2019 6:27 PM

Adan and William Levy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2019 6:30 PM

Adan and Sofia Loren. ROFL!

How in the hell does this little shit get pictures with all these celebs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2019 6:30 PM

Raquel Bessudo is so much more attractive than her daughter, Doris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2019 6:32 PM

There is a reality show based in Mexico on Netflix called Made in Mexico and I think it was better. I’m still watching this show though.

by Anonymousreply 60March 17, 2019 6:51 PM

Its not bad..............for an older lady, Raquel Bessuda is a beautiful lady. It really is all in the bone structure

by Anonymousreply 61March 17, 2019 11:26 PM

Fernando also seems to have had a bad facelift, making him look Wayne Newton-ish. But yes, the hair color doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2019 1:57 AM

Fernando's grey hair is/was such a great look on him, but that unapologetic dye job of his kind of ups his camp factor even more. Re-watching episode 3 right now. Great fun. The monkey birth story, hah!

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2019 1:57 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2019 6:52 AM

Adan and Michael Douglas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Fernando looks very handsome here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 18, 2019 12:02 PM

Aren’t they worried about crime, extortion, etc? Mexico and Mexico City have a massive kidnapping problem. The maids and security staff (!) are often the ones who sell them out...real rich Mexicans would never do this show.

by Anonymousreply 67March 18, 2019 12:09 PM

New episode tonight! Has anyone watched Adan's instagram live videos? They are something.

by Anonymousreply 68March 20, 2019 1:44 AM

Adan is delusional

by Anonymousreply 69March 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Adan's rug is particularly apparent on this episode, as is the MC smog. Loved the "you will always be Yoko" remark though. They are still "glamming" the locations a bit, but at least the smog and the graffitti is at least a step. Anyone else clock the bodyguards at the school drop-off?

What r67 said is true, which is why families "of means" often employ relatives of trusted staff for generations. Not always a guarantee though.

Paulina's boyfriend reeks of Mexican Mafia.

If Fernando only wrote three songs (aongwriting is where you get the big royalties from), I wonder where his money came from? Touring, possibly. I hope they aren't yet another fake-rich family.

by Anonymousreply 70March 20, 2019 5:46 AM

TRUE lard has zero-trans fat. The shit you get off of the shelf does though. Had to clear that up. Sorry to derail.

by Anonymousreply 71March 20, 2019 5:53 AM

This show is hilarious. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 72March 20, 2019 6:30 AM

What are your favorite bits? I'm asking because a: I am genuinely interested as a fellow lover, and b: to help keep this thread (and hopefully) the show alive. I'm addicted and already worried Bravo will yank it from the lineup. I'm concerned (MARY!) there isn't enough chatter about such a fun and campy show.

by Anonymousreply 73March 20, 2019 6:36 AM

R70 Fernando was a big deal in the 70s & 80s my mom knew immediately who Fernando Allende was when we put the show on. (Kind of in a Julio Iglesias, el Puma way)

Tours, records, tv shows etc and I'm sure some good real estate investments are why they are wealthy. I wonder if Mari came from $ because he didn't marry her for her looks.

by Anonymousreply 74March 20, 2019 11:14 AM

Why would Adan be wearing a rug? He's only 27 years old. I'm pretty sure that's his real hair.

[quote] Fernando was a big deal in the 70s & 80s my mom knew immediately who Fernando Allende was when we put the show on. (Kind of in a Julio Iglesias, el Puma way) Tours, records, tv shows etc and I'm sure some good real estate investments are why they are wealthy.

This was mentioned in the first episode, so I assumed that he made a lot of money back in the day.

Plus, you can tell that he isn't extremely wealthy. The family seems to only have a two-bedroom condo in Mexico City, which is why Elan and Jenny want to move out.

Yes, it's a nice condo and they have a "staff," but they're definitely not rich-rich.

I'd say that Oscar and Paulina have the most money, because their father owned luxury car dealerships, plus they have a television career.

Raquel is also an entertainment personality, so I' doubt that she's super rich, either.

by Anonymousreply 75March 20, 2019 9:49 PM

Raquel's hubby was from the Jarritos soda company family so I think they have beaucoup dinero.

by Anonymousreply 76March 20, 2019 11:01 PM

[quote] Raquel's hubby was from the Jarritos soda company family so I think they have beaucoup dinero.

One would think so.

However, judging from the homes that they live in, it's pretty clear and Oscar and Paulina's family have the most money. They live in really nice homes, with huge walls around them.

The other two families live in modest condominiums.

by Anonymousreply 77March 21, 2019 10:19 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 78March 21, 2019 10:06 PM

Don’t get Bravo. Saw the first episode for free on YouTube. Please update the storylines. The one time I wish I had cable.

by Anonymousreply 79March 22, 2019 5:52 AM

I don't know what you are asking for specifically r79.

by Anonymousreply 80March 22, 2019 6:00 AM

Singing sensation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2019 2:05 AM

I wasnt impressed with any of the homes or the way they are decorated. There was a home tour on bravo website or somewhere I saw of Ocscar and his mothers house and even tho the outside looks very cool and somewhat frank lloyd wrightish as well as Mexican/with a dash of Inca................the inside is bland and has an 80 s vibe and I expected to see glass block at any moment. I have seen some great mexican homes in Mexico in Mexican architectural books and design books, particularly Cuernnavaca and other locales.........authentic mexican............. but you arent going to see that on this show.

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2019 2:58 AM

r82 I wonder if some of the families aren't filming in their actual houses for security reasons, and we are seeing "for the show" houses instead.

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2019 3:05 AM

Anyone watching tonight?

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2019 10:45 PM

R84

Me! It's my new obsession.

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2019 10:54 PM

R84 Me too! I fucking love this show! Adan is likely going to need to find a new career though. (And a better rug)

by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2019 11:30 PM

Raquel is like the reincarnation of my mom if my mom was a blonde Mexican lady.

by Anonymousreply 87March 27, 2019 12:08 AM

rofl Adan does not wear a rug!!!

by Anonymousreply 88March 27, 2019 12:12 AM

Adan has to be out, yes?

by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2019 1:58 AM

The servants crack me up during their confessionals.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2019 2:14 AM

I just love Oscar & his family. They are so joyful & so supportive of each other. I got all verklempt when his mom was encouraging him to have his man come visit& to take a chance on love. When he asked what if he gets his heart broken she told him she'd glue it back together. MARY!!!!!!!!

I would really have serious issues if my parents favored my shitty brother as much as Alan's parents do. It's ridiculous.

Color me shocked but it surprised me that all of the families are Jewish. I just assumed they were Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2019 3:18 AM

Adan is a cross between Freddie Mercury and Whitney Houston

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2019 3:22 AM

[quote] Color me shocked but it surprised me that all of the families are Jewish

It's BRAVO, so....

You mean you haven't noticed the network theme yet?

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2019 3:33 AM

Was I imagining things, or was Fernando wearing a woman's robe at the breakfast table?

He also looked like he was wearing a girdle/waist cincher, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2019 5:33 AM

R91 Only the Bessudo family is Jewish. Fun fact: Mauricio Umansky is the cousin of Doris Bessudo.

I am kind of in love with Oscar. He has such a good heart. He is goofy but not fake.

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2019 9:19 AM

I caught that robe too r94 and once I did, I couldn't "un-catch" it. I didn't see a waist cincher, but I wouldn't be surprised. Fernando's relationship with Elan is hard to watch, but it certainly feels real. I wonder if there isn't some jealousy there, as Elan does have the talent and the looks, much like his father did back in the day, where Adan clearly...struggles in both departments.

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2019 9:26 AM

unwatchable, cept for the young longish haird son.

bravo cant u find decent shows????

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2019 9:48 AM

I would not be surprised at a man girdle. Fernando shirtless is lumpy like he had bad lipo.

Oscar is a delight - he also owns the largest modelling company in latin america and property in LA and NYC. He is looking for love- go get ‘im ladies!

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2019 3:39 PM

[quote] Oscar is a delight - he also owns the largest modelling company in latin america and property in LA and NYC. He is looking for love- go get ‘im ladies!

That Brazilian man-whore "Tarek" could obviously see that Oscar is loaded with cash, which is why he asked Oscar to marry him, after only knowing him a short time.

Thankfully, Oscar said NO. Tarek looks like a phony.

by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2019 4:43 PM

I think Oscar is very sexy. He has nice lips, that is a very important feature.

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2019 4:57 PM

I love Oscar....he's so cute, a great body and beat of all..... A loving, kind father. He's a real catch!

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2019 6:07 PM

Is Adan really delusional or is he playing a character?

by Anonymousreply 102March 29, 2019 1:02 PM

I can't begin to watch a show about wealthy Mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 103March 29, 2019 1:10 PM

Oscar,, cha,,cha,,queen,,he will fuck those sperm clone brats up, no BF's for cha,cha,, he wants Adan to pound the fuck out of that old culo ,,love the sister and Mom

by Anonymousreply 104March 29, 2019 1:18 PM

Adan will read a bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 29, 2019 2:01 PM

Omg adan is crazed!

Anyone know Mari’s backstory? How did they end up living in Aspen?

Oscar needs a nice DL gay as his SO.

by Anonymousreply 106March 29, 2019 2:16 PM

The real rich Mexican's are super rich, Billionaire rich. They would never expose themselves on TV. These people are upper middle class at best.

by Anonymousreply 107March 29, 2019 4:55 PM

I am a very rich bitch!

by Anonymousreply 108March 29, 2019 5:18 PM

Although Adan makes for good tv, you can tell he's a real nasty person. Spoiled, entitled, delusional, ego maniac....poor thing will be gutted if this show doesn't renewed. Its ratings aren't exactly killing it so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 109March 29, 2019 5:28 PM

r109 Oh no, are the ratings shit? I am kind of hooked, Adan aside. What were they for last week?

by Anonymousreply 110March 29, 2019 5:59 PM

r110 I believe they've been around the 500,000 mark for the most part. I forgot if it was upper 4's or upper 5's TBH. For a show with that big of a cast on Bravo that isn't good. It needs almost double what it's getting.

by Anonymousreply 111March 29, 2019 6:39 PM

I hope it’s renewed!

by Anonymousreply 112March 29, 2019 7:13 PM

Bravo is on a new latin kick as they now have Texicanas coming too.

by Anonymousreply 113March 29, 2019 7:18 PM

R111 Thanks for that information. Yikes, it needs almost double what it's getting now? That's a really steep hill to climb. I'm with you r112!

by Anonymousreply 114March 29, 2019 7:35 PM

I love Adan, he's a compelling character because he is so flawed. I don't like his gumby smile though. Season 2, if there is one, will not be as good as the first, at that point things begin to get more contrived.

by Anonymousreply 115March 29, 2019 8:14 PM

I don't think it needs to double what it's getting now to be renewed, but it needs to show some ratings growth which it hasn't. After Beverly Hills it sheds around a million viewers, not good. I don't get it because it seems to be universally liked by those who have watched it. Also not sure why Andy Cohen hasn't once had a cast member on his show to help promote it, and never even mentions it on Tuesday nights, while instead every other day he has another member of the Queer Eye cast which is on Netflix not Bravo.

by Anonymousreply 116April 1, 2019 12:10 PM

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 117April 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Oscar should be on a Mexican queer eye type show, not as the fashion expert though!

by Anonymousreply 118April 1, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote] Oscar,, cha,,cha,,queen,,he will fuck those sperm clone brats up, no BF's for cha,cha,, he wants Adan to pound the fuck out of that old culo

ROFL R104!

Unfortunately, Oscar already said on the show that he has a crush on Elan, not Adan.

by Anonymousreply 119April 1, 2019 7:48 PM

Yes, of course Oscar has a crush on the straight brother.

by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2019 2:11 PM

Bump por mas!

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2019 10:04 PM

I follow a few on Twitter, it took some a while to get up much steam. Fernando twatted something out earlier. I don't follow Adan, not sorry, Oscar tweets a lot, in kind of an adorable messy way. He's like a walking hashtag. They need to keep promoting this hard so we get a second season. I second the poster who noticed none of the cast have hung with Andy on WWHL. What, they can't afford the flight to NY?

I'm thinking that a lot of the show goes over the flyover Frauen heads. They don't get the campiness of it, and without Andy explaining it to them, what is a Frau to do?

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2019 11:42 PM

Paulina! Get the fuck out! Your dude is total Mexican Mafia. JFC!

by Anonymousreply 123April 3, 2019 5:43 AM

What makes you say that, R123?

Anyway, both Elan and Adan have nice bodies. They looked great shirtless with their luchador masks.

Did anyone else find it creepy when Fernando was in the studio with Adan, and he said "come to daddy." I know everyone else in the studio looked pretty creeped out.

by Anonymousreply 124April 3, 2019 10:43 AM

Adan is a special kind of delusional. But it makes for great comedy.

by Anonymousreply 125April 3, 2019 11:26 AM

Oscar's kids are too cute. Actually, all four kids from Oscar and Paulina, seem very sweet.

However, Oscar shares WAY too much with them. Do they really need to know about his grindr hookups? You can tell they were pretty shocked when they found out that Grindr was about hooking up, and not just "dating."

They're so innocent, they think that dating apps are only about kissing. ROFL. Little do they know that daddy is getting his ass reamed by some big Brazilian cock. Ay yi yi.

by Anonymousreply 126April 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Lets have a Cinco de Mayo binge watch party!

by Anonymousreply 127April 3, 2019 5:03 PM

I just really love this show.

Oscar, Paulina, their mom and the kids are such a joyous bunch.

The Allende family is just so messy. The parents' being fixated on Adan vs Alan is just all sorts of creepy. They don't even want Doris around Adan.

I know I've said it before but Raquel is like watching my dead mother come to life.

by Anonymousreply 128April 4, 2019 4:02 PM

There is a weird sexual vibe between Fernando and Adan.

There. I said it.

by Anonymousreply 129April 4, 2019 4:20 PM

Fernando was quite the looker. I've said it before but I wish he didn't have that cheesy dye job, though it does up his camp factor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 4, 2019 4:30 PM

Another episode tonight! I really wish this show had more interest. It is indeed feeling like a one and done.

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2019 10:58 PM

Can't stand it

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2019 12:08 AM

I ADORE Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2019 1:33 AM

Me too r133 He is so adorable. His kids seem great too, and I hate kids. I enjoy his relationship with his sister. Maybe the show should have focused more on Oscar and his family.

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2019 1:36 AM

The mental illness in the Allende family is rampant - no wonder the older sane brother got the hell out.

by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2019 2:37 AM

Which animals, and how many of them, does it take to make a single mullet for Adan?

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2019 5:41 AM

I am sure all the ladies will love that Adan wears women's jeans.

by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2019 11:30 AM

The flames from r130's collage pic has fried my screen.

by Anonymousreply 138April 10, 2019 2:23 PM

This is a great show...I just watched all 7 episodes. So many great characters. Oscar and Paulina are next level crazy, but down to earth. How is that possible!? Especially, growing up so privileged...

by Anonymousreply 139April 10, 2019 11:16 PM

[quote] Oscar and Paulina are next level crazy, but down to earth. How is that possible!? Especially, growing up so privileged

I think it's thanks to their mother, Gabriela. That lady is so grounded, and supportive of her kids. She's not pretentious or arrogant, like most rich people.

by Anonymousreply 140April 10, 2019 11:25 PM

And another thing... I don’t want to hear Adan sing another note...he’s an awful singer and he’s completely delusional. Your no Bruno Mars or Harry Styles! Please stop singing!!

by Anonymousreply 141April 10, 2019 11:31 PM

Adan is sexy.... I would nasty things with him. Oscar is one of the nicest, sincere people I have ever seen on reality tv. He deserves true happiness. His children are wonderful....he did such a good job. Love that whole family!

by Anonymousreply 142April 10, 2019 11:36 PM

In my opinion, Adan should go into acting because he has such a big personality. I suspect he doesn’t want to deal with the comparisons to his dad’s career. Oscar is a good guy...he has good kids. But he doesn’t need to share his sex life with his children. I cringed when the kids were talking about Grindr and hookups...good lord, too much info!!!

by Anonymousreply 143April 10, 2019 11:49 PM

R143 ...agree on all points

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2019 11:55 PM

Fernando's Spanish side is very strong looks-wise. I do like his paintings. I thought the (obviously scripted) bit with him waving toward his assistant each time he wanted to dab his paint was cute. She was in on it too. I LOVE THIS SHOW! Adan bugs me, but there always has to be one.

I have been to Mexico City many times, and they are really (understandably) playing down not just the pollution but the security risks. Did anyone catch the CCTV monitor in the kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 145April 11, 2019 5:40 AM

Forgot to add, Tarek is hot. BDF for days

by Anonymousreply 146April 11, 2019 5:41 AM

Mari has an American accent. Even when she speaks Spanish. I am very curious about her backstory. Sorry, I'll shut up now... I've got the "rewatch bug".

by Anonymousreply 147April 11, 2019 5:50 AM

[quote] Mari has an American accent. Even when she speaks Spanish.

I think it's because she's from Puerto Rico. They are actually a commonwealth of the US, and not an independent country.

Plus, they have much more interaction with Americans (and American English), than your average Mexican from Mexico City would.

by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2019 1:57 AM

[quote] Tarek is hot. BDF for days

Oscar probably got plowed DEEP in that hotel room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2019 1:59 AM

r148 Thanks! I missed it somehow that she is from PR.

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2019 2:18 AM

R142 I liove Oscar too!!!

by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2019 2:27 AM

So contrived

by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2019 2:29 AM

They are trying to set Adan up with a girl?

Are they blind and deaf?

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2019 2:30 AM

I love this photo of Adan and Fernando.

They're both so handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 17, 2019 3:06 AM

I recognized at least two of the dogs in that park on Adan's noggin later.

by Anonymousreply 155April 17, 2019 5:18 AM

I really like Raquel's amber bead statement necklace. Not crazy about her tendency for matchy-matchy earrings, but she still makes it work for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 156April 17, 2019 5:21 AM

It shocked the fuck out of me to learn Adan was married & divorced. Hold the front door!!

There is something so unbalanced in that family. Alan seems so well adjusted because I would be so bitter that my parents blatantly showed their preference for my brother over me. I love Alan's wife. She's so irreverent.

Oscar & Paulina are just joy. They are so fun & happy.

Raquel has had some of the best plastic surgery I've ever seen. She is in her 70s and looks gorgeous & natural.

by Anonymousreply 157April 18, 2019 2:02 PM

It shocked the fuck out of me that Adan likes girls.

by Anonymousreply 158April 18, 2019 2:05 PM

Why can't I find anything about Adan's marriage/ pix of ex wife when I google? Did Mari have it purged or do take care of it with brujeria

by Anonymousreply 159April 20, 2019 11:17 AM

Is there any way that guy could be straight?

by Anonymousreply 160April 20, 2019 2:44 PM

Adan is hanging out in NYC tonight!

by Anonymousreply 161April 21, 2019 1:04 AM

Mari does have a point. Adan might be a mess, talent-wise, but you don't talk about it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 162April 24, 2019 4:37 AM

Wow, I never thought that Adan would turn on his parents, so forcefully.

I kind of feel sorry for Mari. However, it looks like she does something strange in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 163April 24, 2019 9:51 AM

Fernando looks creepy now

by Anonymousreply 164April 24, 2019 12:09 PM

It's the facelift and/or all the botox/fillers. He looks waxy.

by Anonymousreply 165April 24, 2019 3:02 PM

Why does everyone keep calling Mari a witch?

Everytime Oscar tells a story, it cracks me up. He sounds so sincere, yet so funny. His latest story about talking to a prostitute named Salome, and giving her his mother's statue as payment for answering his question, was just so bizarre and hilarious. He's really an interesting guy.

But I think the best is Chio, the Allende's maid. Her facial expressions, and her little wisecracks are just too much.

by Anonymousreply 166April 24, 2019 5:26 PM

[quote]More DLers are not watching this campfest?

Network show and no clips online.

by Anonymousreply 167April 24, 2019 6:15 PM

r167 There are clips and full episodes online at BravoTv.com

by Anonymousreply 168April 24, 2019 7:06 PM

That you can view outside of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 169April 24, 2019 7:27 PM

I watched a small 2 minute clip last night, that's it that's all i needed, but is Adan supposed to be straight?

by Anonymousreply 170April 24, 2019 7:37 PM

I loved this episode!! I’m shocked Adan is cutting the cord with his parents, we’ll see how long it lasts. I like Doris’ relationship with her mom...very cute! Mari’s face is melting...she looks a hot mess. I also, like the chemistry between Elan and his wife...they have good energy together!

by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2019 8:20 PM

I find it entertaining. Also, Oscar is a textbook perfect dad to his children in my opinion. Ive heard the ratings arent that great tho which is too bad as I find it much better than the RHBH

by Anonymousreply 172April 25, 2019 1:46 AM

I LOVE MEXICAN DYNASTIES so sad the season is just about done. Oscar is a delight imho almost JVN scale.

by Anonymousreply 173April 25, 2019 1:56 AM

Here are links to all the episodes -- and they can be viewed from anywhere. Yes, some of the links for each ep won't work, but others will. And there will be lots of popups. But, anyway, they're here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 25, 2019 2:11 AM

And in case you've been wondering if Adan believes free will exists...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 25, 2019 2:24 AM

WWHL had Adan and Elan as bartenders a couple weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 25, 2019 2:28 AM

Elan is gorgeous. I love that little air of melancholy about him.

by Anonymousreply 177April 25, 2019 2:34 AM

Same here, R177.

I can totally see why Oscar is attracted to Elan, and not Adan.

Adan seems very phony and high maintenance, but Elan is so mellow and cool.

by Anonymousreply 178April 25, 2019 9:28 AM

I howled at Oscar telling his sister about stealing his mom's Lladro.

by Anonymousreply 179April 25, 2019 11:01 AM

I hate that this is the last episode. I have a bad feeling it won't be renewed....

by Anonymousreply 180May 1, 2019 4:48 AM

Fernando, go back to your grey/silver hot daddy look!

You look 20 years older with that shite hair color

by Anonymousreply 181May 1, 2019 4:51 AM

I think we all knew Adan would return to his parents house...I hope the show returns for another season.

by Anonymousreply 182May 1, 2019 10:02 AM

The finale was awesome!! I was cracking up throughout the episode.

I don't know why, but I find this show so very campy.

My favorite was when they kept accusing Mari of being a witch! She totally looks like one, even though she kept denying it.

I thought it was so hilarious when the editing kept going back and forth between Jenny, Elan and Adan having fun in their apartment, and then Mari casting her witch spell on Adan. And then not even 12 hours later, he was back home.

Even more hilarious was when Doris, Elan and Jenny were at dinner freaking out about Mari being a witch so they held hands and said a "prayer," and then Elan's glass broke! You couldn't script this kind of shit.

And adorable was it when Oscar's family met Tarek? Omg, his kids were so cute and polite and actually very mature for their age. It is amazing that Oscar has such a supportive family. He's a very lucky guy.

Too bad it didn't work out between Oscar and Tarek, but his new bf is super cute. And he's British? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 183May 1, 2019 3:23 PM

I hope it comes back or bravo can just give oscar a show and id be fine!

by Anonymousreply 184May 1, 2019 5:15 PM

How much pussy does Adan get?

by Anonymousreply 185May 1, 2019 5:16 PM

Mexican Dynasties has almost hte same level of camp factor as Southern Charm.

However, nobody can beat the absolute ridiculousness of Thomas Ravenel. Although Fernando and Adan come pretty damned close.

by Anonymousreply 186May 1, 2019 8:15 PM

It’s a great show with great characters...I hope it gets another season.

by Anonymousreply 187May 1, 2019 9:22 PM

Damn! Oscar's new boyfriend is gorgeous. This has a better chance of working out because he also lives in Mexico City. His family is just adorable from the mom to the sister to the kids.

Adan's parents are so attached it's unhealthy. When your kids are adults the parents need to shift their adoration to the grand kids. But not Mari and Fernando. I love Jenny. She's a hoot.

I feel sorry for Raquel. She married as a teen and had this amazing love. Now she's 70, a new widow and her only child lives in another country. That has to be a huge adjustment.

I really need for this show to be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 188May 2, 2019 1:19 AM

cept for the hot chicken who caint sing, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 189May 2, 2019 1:21 AM

Any fans of this show posting here are hopefully also tweeting/emailing Bravo as well. I do have a bad feeling it won't be renewed. I would love an Oscar-family spinoff !

by Anonymousreply 190May 2, 2019 1:24 AM

If it gets renewed we know that Adan fucked Andy's shit to the moon and back while he was in the NYC!

by Anonymousreply 191May 2, 2019 4:20 AM

height of vulgarity

thrilled when it gets cancelled

yes the chicken Adam is hot, but oomg dumb as shite.

by Anonymousreply 192May 3, 2019 8:02 AM

I love this show, particularly the madrazos. The Allende family needs counseling, Mari keep your brujeria to yourself!

by Anonymousreply 193May 3, 2019 10:56 AM

Adan is not cute.

Especially his mullett.

by Anonymousreply 194May 4, 2019 5:15 AM

Eat me up, cunts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 4, 2019 12:26 PM

Tee hee r195 that reminds me of cheesy 00s boy band ballads. Did they film it on Doris' deck in LA?

by Anonymousreply 196May 4, 2019 4:46 PM

Not saying he's a great singer, but did the show intentionally make him sound worse?

by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2019 5:17 PM

I'm pretty sure this is what nightmares are made of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 16, 2019 4:30 PM

W o W r198

by Anonymousreply 199May 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Is anyone watching the Tuesday night replacement show Texicanas? It pretty catty, I like it!

by Anonymousreply 200May 23, 2019 11:01 AM

Paulina favorited my tweet about wishing for a new season, or at least an Oscar family-centric spin off! Granted I tweeted that a while ago, but hey, she finally saw it. Now if only Oscar will see me *waves*. Oscar, over here! Come on Bravo, do the right fucking thing.

The Texicanas show is truly awful. Not even a good awful.

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2019 6:11 AM

I started out liking the Texicanas show, but it got redundant. I never liked the Mexican Dynasty show.

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2019 6:35 AM

Mexican Dynasties marathon on BRAVO today!

I love this show so much.

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2020 1:17 PM

Elan is super hot.

Much more handsome than his younger brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2020 1:59 PM

Mari always cracks me up when she calls Adan her "little angel" or "angel from heaven."

Rofl. He's almost 30 years old, and his parents treat him like a baby.

And he lets them!

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2020 4:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!