Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mexican Dynasties on Bravo

Anyone watching? Thoughts?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 83a day ago

Another “reality” show? No thanks. Vapid fake shit.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 102/26/2019

I wasn't crazy that all of the "featured families" appear to be Spanish blood, but the only ones who are truly indigenous are, once again, the maids. I'm sure that they could have found a rich indigenous Mexican family. OK I hate myself for coming off all SJW. Erase this post.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 202/26/2019

Love it! Think it's going to be a big hit....they are crazy fuckers and you can tell they are not making it up. The young son from the one family is gorgeous.....I hope he's bi....like his dad.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 302/26/2019

I watched it twice, rare for me. It has some fun moments, some too aware moments, but overall I love it so far.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 402/26/2019

[quote]I'm sure that they could have found a rich indigenous Mexican family

No, they wouldn’t have.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 502/26/2019

Sadly, r5 you may well be right. I can't get past how white this is. Also so try-hard. Everyone laughing at each other's lines. I hoped for more.

That said, I'm fucking hungry for chicharrones

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 602/26/2019

The queen lusting after the other couple’s son is hilarious, and should be interesting to see how they play him out in the show. Bitchy, for sure. Something is amiss between him and his sister.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 702/27/2019

I am surprised this wasn't the Real Housewives of Mexico City

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 802/27/2019

More DLers are not watching this campfest?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 903/02/2019

I watched it. I thought the father looked very familiar, and now I realize he was on Flamingo Road with Morgan Fairchild.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1003/02/2019

The obvious facelift is very bad on the show. I do not understand why men continue to get these feminizing procedures.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1103/02/2019

Sure - I've watched it. Curious to see the cultural differences and lifestyles of rich and famous in other countries. The ever present security guards in the household is a bit shocking. Maybe not if they're THAT famous.

The Allendes are actually Puerto Rican and lived in the US a long time. Many on the show speak English without an accent - and now we know why.

But it definitely shows a deep racial component in the society.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1203/02/2019

Fernando Allende was born in Mexico City and raised in Mexico. His family is from all over the place: Cuba, Puerto Rico, France, and Spain. He was a known bisexual in his younger days.

He was so hot.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1303/02/2019

Acting for the cameras. Embarrassingly stupid show filled with wannabe Kardashians. So they will fit in perfectly with Bravo.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1403/02/2019

the background shots of mexico city are a joke. When I was there the smog was so thick you needed a gas mask to breath and it looked like london fog smack up in your face , thick as shit...........how they ever got one clear day to film background is beyond me?Admittedly I havent been there in a long time, but I cant believe it would be less today?

Having said that, I think they will get a big audience and even tho those cast on the show arent representative of Mexico probably I think the one thing it does for the typical tv viewers of Peoria, is it makes them seem like real human beings not that much different from anyone else, as opposed to Trumps world view of rapists and murderers.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1503/02/2019

How often are those earthquake drills?! I can't imagine some old abuelita hiking her falda above her ankles to drag her wrinkled ass down twelve flights of stairs for a stupid drill. Fuck that. I'd just let the damn building fall on me.

I love the older gay guy. He says cringe-worthy things sometimes, but he's adorable.

The middle Allende kid has major sibling rivalry issues. If his family pushes him any further, he may pull a Menendez Brothers all on his own.

The young Allende kid is gay AF. Hellen Keller could see it. Blindfolded. With cataracts and glaucoma. During a global blackout. From outer space. Facing backwards.

Finally! A positive show about Mexicans. I'll keep watching.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1603/02/2019

So - you know who is behind this show, right? Kyle Richard's MIL last name is Bessudo and Mauricio is cousins with the Bessudo family on the show (the daughter and the fashion blonde mother who recently lost her husband).

This show brought to you by Kyle Richards. Not saying I won't watch - but now it all makes sense.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1703/02/2019

I was surprised how campy and entertaining it was, moreso than some of the other Bravo non housewives stuff. I plan to continue watching.

The ratingd for the premiere werent too hot, it lost about two thirds of its Real Housewives of Beverly Hills lead in. But I think Bravo will judge on hoe the ratings grow or fall throughout the series depending on the viewer reaction.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1803/02/2019

I'm I right in thinking this is just a Mexican Southern Charm?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 1903/02/2019

r19, yes but even gayer than Thomas and Shemp

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2003/03/2019

OK, about to watch the second episode on On Demand. Still kind of surprised this isn't getting more attention on the DL.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2103/06/2019

I thought I would hate the show because of the obvious colonial imperialism and classism, but it's not that bad.

I must say that it's off-putting seeing the white European people being served by the brown indigenous people. Sure, it happens in the states, but the contrast is just so stark in Mexico.

That said, Adan cracks me up. He is SUCH a baby. You can tell that the employees in the Allende house just look at him with astonishment. He's 27 and so immature. At first I thought that Adan was better looking, but his personality is really annoying. He's a brat.

Elan, on the other hand, is much more mature, and he is kinda sexy. I can see why Oscar is into him. However, it's just creepy that he's openly lusting after this married guy who is like almost 20 years younger than him. Yes, Oscar (the older gay guy) is 49, and Elan is only 31 - and married.

The parents are funny. They're really laid back. I can't believe they openly discussed how feminine the father (Fernando) is. Elan casually said, "Yeah, I've heard that my whole life. But then again, everyone was bisexual in the 70's." The mother (Mari) is hilarious. Surprisingly, she isn't this bombshell that you would expect a bi guy to be with.

The Besudos (Raquel and her daughter) are boring. I can't believe how rude the mother was to Oscar's kids. First asking them if they were adopted (even though she knew that a surrogate was used), and then calling the younger boy "the ugly one." He should have kicked her!

The show is a bit of a trainwreck, but I have to admit that it is kind of addictive.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2203/07/2019

Adan looks like a douche.

And he can't sing for shit.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2303/08/2019

Elan is more handsome.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2403/08/2019

Most Mexicans are mestizos, not purely European or indigenous. I don't know why people are assuming these people have no indigenous blood? I'm lighter than Fernando for sure and have some indigenous dna. I resemble the gay brother with the little kids in my complexion. Mexicans come in every shade.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2503/08/2019

[quote] Mexicans come in every shade

Yes, but only the white ones are rich.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2603/08/2019

This Adan is piece of work. I am assuming everyone basically knows he's gay?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2703/12/2019

[quote]I can't imagine some old abuelita hiking her falda above her ankles to drag her wrinkled ass down twelve flights of stairs for a stupid drill. Fuck that. I'd just let the damn building fall on me.

This is the hardest I have laughed at anything this whole year. And I needed it. Thank you.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2803/12/2019

Am I the only one who thinks Oscar is sexy af?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 2903/12/2019

R29 Yes, surely you're the only one. He's the antithesis of sexy af.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3003/12/2019

I'm really liking this show.

The cast is surprisingly down-to-earth for rich people. And they're hilarious.

I especially love Mari. She is such a mess. From her horrible plastic surgery, to her crazy eyes, to her ridiculous stories. She cracks me the hell up. I especially loved her story about Elan being so hairy when he was a baby, and that he was so ugly that she cried. rofl!

Also interesting was Elan's wife telling the story about how she actually knew Adan first, because he had a crush on her. Then she ended up with Elan. Smart, because he was obviously the straight one. Plus, Adan is so cheesy. He has a very fake personality, sort of like his father.

Oscar also told a cute story about being bullied in school, so his mother and aunt went to school with bats and dressed in costume, and scared the bullies! That's so awesome.

I find these people infinitely more interesting than the fake housewives.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3103/13/2019

Is the plastic surgery in Mexico really this bad?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3203/13/2019

Get it, gurl!

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3303/13/2019

[quote] I thought I would hate the show because of the obvious colonial imperialism and classism.... it's off-putting seeing the white European people being served by the brown indigenous people.....

You must be a blast at parties, R22.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3403/13/2019

I'm loving this show so much! Give me this over the tired Real Housewives dreck.

Everyone is such a mess but also fun & funny. The staff crack me up talking about taking care of these loons.

The fashionable mom (Raquel) is a carbon copy of my dead mother. My mom wasn't Mexican but she was hypercritical, dressed to the nines & always wearing a smile as she dished out her snide comments.

I love everything about this crazy show.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3503/13/2019

I need the name of Raquel's plastic surgeon. She's like 70 and her face is gorgeous! Absolutely natural without being pulled too tight.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3603/13/2019

Raquel is funny in such a snooty way.

She's very reserved and shy, but she still manages to be bitchy. I love that about her.

I felt bad for Oscar being stood up at his party, but he never did say if the guy he invited was gay or straight. I actually think that he was hitting on a straight guy, and the guy backed out when he saw the lights and the cameras.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3703/13/2019

Adan is clearly a DLer

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3803/14/2019

I love this show. The parents with the too close relationship with their kid, referring to themselves as "the tripod" crack me up. It doesn't take itself seriously for the most part, and when the cast are being hammy for the camera it's obviously deliberate and (usually) cute.

THAT SAID, they are carefully choosing the outside scenes. Mexico City is getting better every year, but it is still very polluted, and crime remains an issue. Don't think for a second these families aren't living in super duper (I'm so technical) gated homes/buildings, with armed security. Also, they are cherry picking the days when they can film outside when it is clear and pretty.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 3903/14/2019

I aspire to be as happy & joyous as Oscar & his sister.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4003/14/2019

I agree, R40.

At first, they bugged me because I thought that they were just being phony.

But the more you watch them, the more you can see that they are always like that. And it makes sense, because they said that their mother always made them "perform." lol

I have never seen a brother and sister who are so close, and what makes it even more special is that she supports her gay brother 100%. So does their mother.

It's amazing.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4103/14/2019

I'm going to be better about posting when the show is on. It is way too good for only 42 posts. I don't want it to die after one season. I'm already bonding with most of the cast, and I usually take forever to warm up to a new show.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4203/14/2019

Does Adan like the peen?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4303/15/2019

R43

I think Adan would service peen or vag if it would help his career.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4403/15/2019

Adan needs a good spanking!

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4503/15/2019

Adan's parents were smart to keep him off of "La Voz." They would have the rights to all of his music.

That Doris Besudo is a sneaky rat.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4603/16/2019

My South American mom and Raquel definitely use the same poised bitchiness playbook. Fun show!

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4703/16/2019

Mari Allende looks like she can't close her eyes!

She and Fernando crack me up when they keep calling Adan their "little angel from heaven." rofl

He's such a spoiled little baby. No wonder Elan is so jealous.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4803/16/2019

If my parents let me live in their penthousee with their $$ I'd stick around too! Go get it Adan!

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 4903/16/2019

Ok someone here must have run into Oscar.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5003/17/2019

He looks pretty good for 50

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5103/17/2019

[quote] He looks pretty good for 50

I agree, but he lives a pretty charmed life.

He's rich from family wealth, he has a very loving family, he has a job that he loves, he has the kids he has always wanted, and I'm sure that he can hook up whenever he wants to with whoever he wants to.

Oscar is a very lucky guy.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5203/17/2019

It struck me that Adan IS the white Mexican version of Danny from Below Deck Med, very similar voice and appearance.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5303/17/2019

Adan and Sylvester Stallone.

Sly looks perturbed in the photo... lol.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5403/17/2019

Adan and David Foster.

Hmmm.....

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5503/17/2019

The Allendes are a very attractive family.

It looks like Fernando was comfortable with gray hair, but decided to color it for the show.

I actually prefer the gray. His hair color on the show looks a bit fake.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5603/17/2019

Adan and William Levy...

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5703/17/2019

Adan and Sofia Loren. ROFL!

How in the hell does this little shit get pictures with all these celebs?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5803/17/2019

Raquel Bessudo is so much more attractive than her daughter, Doris.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 5903/17/2019

There is a reality show based in Mexico on Netflix called Made in Mexico and I think it was better. I’m still watching this show though.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6003/17/2019

Its not bad..............for an older lady, Raquel Bessuda is a beautiful lady. It really is all in the bone structure

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6103/17/2019

Fernando also seems to have had a bad facelift, making him look Wayne Newton-ish. But yes, the hair color doesn't help.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6203/17/2019

Fernando's grey hair is/was such a great look on him, but that unapologetic dye job of his kind of ups his camp factor even more. Re-watching episode 3 right now. Great fun. The monkey birth story, hah!

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6303/17/2019

Bump

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6403/17/2019

Adan and Michael Douglas!

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6503/18/2019

Fernando looks very handsome here...

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6603/18/2019

Aren’t they worried about crime, extortion, etc? Mexico and Mexico City have a massive kidnapping problem. The maids and security staff (!) are often the ones who sell them out...real rich Mexicans would never do this show.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 6703/18/2019

New episode tonight! Has anyone watched Adan's instagram live videos? They are something.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 68Last Tuesday at 5:44 PM

Adan is delusional

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 69Last Tuesday at 6:14 PM

Adan's rug is particularly apparent on this episode, as is the MC smog. Loved the "you will always be Yoko" remark though. They are still "glamming" the locations a bit, but at least the smog and the graffitti is at least a step. Anyone else clock the bodyguards at the school drop-off?

What r67 said is true, which is why families "of means" often employ relatives of trusted staff for generations. Not always a guarantee though.

Paulina's boyfriend reeks of Mexican Mafia.

If Fernando only wrote three songs (aongwriting is where you get the big royalties from), I wonder where his money came from? Touring, possibly. I hope they aren't yet another fake-rich family.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 70Last Tuesday at 9:46 PM

TRUE lard has zero-trans fat. The shit you get off of the shelf does though. Had to clear that up. Sorry to derail.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 71Last Tuesday at 9:53 PM

This show is hilarious. Love it.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 72Last Tuesday at 10:30 PM

What are your favorite bits? I'm asking because a: I am genuinely interested as a fellow lover, and b: to help keep this thread (and hopefully) the show alive. I'm addicted and already worried Bravo will yank it from the lineup. I'm concerned (MARY!) there isn't enough chatter about such a fun and campy show.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 73Last Tuesday at 10:36 PM

R70 Fernando was a big deal in the 70s & 80s my mom knew immediately who Fernando Allende was when we put the show on. (Kind of in a Julio Iglesias, el Puma way)

Tours, records, tv shows etc and I'm sure some good real estate investments are why they are wealthy. I wonder if Mari came from $ because he didn't marry her for her looks.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 74Last Wednesday at 3:14 AM

Why would Adan be wearing a rug? He's only 27 years old. I'm pretty sure that's his real hair.

[quote] Fernando was a big deal in the 70s & 80s my mom knew immediately who Fernando Allende was when we put the show on. (Kind of in a Julio Iglesias, el Puma way) Tours, records, tv shows etc and I'm sure some good real estate investments are why they are wealthy.

This was mentioned in the first episode, so I assumed that he made a lot of money back in the day.

Plus, you can tell that he isn't extremely wealthy. The family seems to only have a two-bedroom condo in Mexico City, which is why Elan and Jenny want to move out.

Yes, it's a nice condo and they have a "staff," but they're definitely not rich-rich.

I'd say that Oscar and Paulina have the most money, because their father owned luxury car dealerships, plus they have a television career.

Raquel is also an entertainment personality, so I' doubt that she's super rich, either.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 75Last Wednesday at 1:49 PM

Raquel's hubby was from the Jarritos soda company family so I think they have beaucoup dinero.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 76Last Wednesday at 3:01 PM

[quote] Raquel's hubby was from the Jarritos soda company family so I think they have beaucoup dinero.

One would think so.

However, judging from the homes that they live in, it's pretty clear and Oscar and Paulina's family have the most money. They live in really nice homes, with huge walls around them.

The other two families live in modest condominiums.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 77Last Thursday at 2:19 AM

Bump

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 78Last Thursday at 2:06 PM

Don’t get Bravo. Saw the first episode for free on YouTube. Please update the storylines. The one time I wish I had cable.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 79Last Thursday at 9:52 PM

I don't know what you are asking for specifically r79.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 80Last Thursday at 10:00 PM

Singing sensation?

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 81a day ago

I wasnt impressed with any of the homes or the way they are decorated. There was a home tour on bravo website or somewhere I saw of Ocscar and his mothers house and even tho the outside looks very cool and somewhat frank lloyd wrightish as well as Mexican/with a dash of Inca................the inside is bland and has an 80 s vibe and I expected to see glass block at any moment. I have seen some great mexican homes in Mexico in Mexican architectural books and design books, particularly Cuernnavaca and other locales.........authentic mexican............. but you arent going to see that on this show.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 82a day ago

r82 I wonder if some of the families aren't filming in their actual houses for security reasons, and we are seeing "for the show" houses instead.

by Yes, I searched for a thread first, bitches. reply 83a day ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!