Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dead Humpback Whale Found in Amazon Forest

Okay DL is the smartest online community I've been to so what are your theories? I did a search and didn't find anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2019 3:18 PM

Animal experts were left perplexed after the carcass of a juvenile Humpback whale was discovered inland, in a remote mangrove swamp near the mouth of the Amazon river.

The animal, measuring 36ft (11 metres), was hidden in the undergrowth a short distance from the shoreline in the forest of the northern Brazilian state of Para. It took two separate attempts by workers from the department of health, sanitation and environment (Semma) to reach the whale, which was only discovered because of the scavenging birds circling overhead.

Conservationists from the Bicho d'Agua Institute, who were also present, believe the humpback whale to be a 12 month-old calf that got separated from its mother, before being launched ashore by high tides during a storm

by Anonymousreply 1February 26, 2019 8:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 26, 2019 8:25 PM

It was washed ashore just like the article states. No big mystery.

by Anonymousreply 3February 26, 2019 8:28 PM

[quote]Okay DL is the smartest online community I've been to so what are your theories?

yes.

[quote]Brazil's environmental agency told reporters that the whale would be left in the forest since there is no way that bulldozers would be able to reach the site

Smelly.

by Anonymousreply 4February 26, 2019 8:29 PM

Hook-up gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 5February 26, 2019 8:29 PM

I have a theory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 26, 2019 8:31 PM

[quote]Animal experts were left perplexed after the carcass of a juvenile Humpback whale was discovered inland, in a remote mangrove swamp near the mouth of the Amazon river.

how far from the mouth of the river?

by Anonymousreply 7February 26, 2019 8:31 PM

A few years ago, a couple of humpback whales visited Sacramento, California. The mother and calf were seriously fucking lost, they'd swum through the Golden Gate and a hundred miles inland through rivers and canals, and were eventually lured back to the sea by pre-recorded humpback songs.

So yeah. Lost whale swims inland with the aid of flooding or very high waves, and the water goes away.

by Anonymousreply 8February 26, 2019 8:31 PM

Those conservationists need to be looking for disco lights and check that whale's ass for meth rocks.

by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2019 8:31 PM

Didn't something like this happen on the TV show LOST?

by Anonymousreply 10February 26, 2019 8:33 PM

How do whales get so lost? I thought they had some kind of built in nav system.

by Anonymousreply 11February 26, 2019 8:33 PM

We had a whale swim into the middle of London a few years ago. What a kerfuffle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2019 8:33 PM

I didn't know any of DL's lesbians ever went to the Amazon, let alone got stranded there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2019 8:36 PM

first thing I thought of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 26, 2019 8:36 PM

Poor little guy.

by Anonymousreply 15February 26, 2019 8:41 PM

Well if it had been a Days Inn in Glendale instead of the Amazon and there were disco lights and a massage table nearby, I would know what happened.

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2019 9:02 PM

Clearly that is where the alien starship dumped it after they were done with their examination. The alien planet clearly doesn't have oceans and doesn't understand the concept of beings only being able to survive in water.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2019 10:27 PM

This makes me very very sad for some reason. Poor little baby.

by Anonymousreply 18February 26, 2019 11:05 PM

Where's Werner Herzog?

by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2019 11:12 PM

Hmmm, whales can survive in fresh water as well as salt?

by Anonymousreply 20February 26, 2019 11:22 PM

Alligators can swim in salt water and sharks have been known to swim inland looking for food.

by Anonymousreply 21February 26, 2019 11:30 PM

r11 There is considerable controversy about the reason(s). Some say it's natural, that they do have an "inbuilt satnav" so to speak, but it can be damaged, not work, etc. like people are born malformed/deaf, etc.

Others say it's related to climate change and changes in the human population-more coastal pollution, ships, etc, and climate change screws up the weather patterns and sea levels. The tidal surge mentioned would be an example according to many scientists.

The other reason is there is an increased military presence on land and ocean around where they travel. They have any number of frequency and beam weapons that are deployed in operations & testing exercises. The majority of these are classified, and in some cases, they don't even admit they have "that type" of weapon that could cause any injury, course deviation and/or mass beachings. This is also true of military weather experiments. (I realize I sound like a tinhat lunatic, but I've read about this for over 20yrs and it's a real thing. We've had some DL military posters over the years who've confirmed it.)

In reality, it's probably a combination of the three.

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2019 12:01 AM

Satanic Illuminati ritual from Hell!

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2019 12:19 AM

A humpback whale was also seen in the Hudson River near NYC and a beluga whale in the Thames (not sure if that's the same one mentioned by R12, which doesn't look like a beluga). It happens. And yes, certain kinds of sharks have been known to swim up rivers. A bull shark swam up the Mississippi all the way to Illinois. It's still very sad, though.

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2019 12:28 AM

Damn. Now that just leaves Rob Reiner.

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2019 5:03 AM

Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2019 3:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!