Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Las Vegas has a measurable amount of snow on the ground for the first time in a decade, and the internet can't handle it

The iconic deserts of Las Vegas, Nevada, have been coated in white for the past week. Snow fell early Thursday morning, to top the half an inch that fell on Wednesday.

Combined, this week's precipitation is the first measurable amount since the city got 3.6 inches in 2008, according to the National Weather Service. All morning, people in the area have been posting evidence of the surprise snow on social media.

Here's a roundup of some surprising photos of the Las Vegas snow from Instagram and Twitter.

In the Echo Canyon subdivision on Mt. Charleston, snowfall has surpassed an inch.

According to NBC News, "the weather closed down state route 160 between Las Vegas and Pahrump" until snow plows were utilized.

ABC's Las Vegas news affiliate KTNV has been encouraging locals to send in their photos of the snow.

Snow flurries are blurring the views of otherwise dry streets.

A reported 2,600 people in Nevada were out of electricity, as of late Wednesday night.

Many people on Instagram are hashtagging #WinterInVegas or #VegasSnow to document the unbelievable weather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2019 10:14 AM

Perfect cherry picking for right wingers. “Where’s that global warming?”

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2019 12:19 AM

Mon Dieu!

Has anyone checked on the Widow Angelil?

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2019 12:20 AM

Beautiful!

I wish I could have been there to see it. Snowfall in Vegas is very rare, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2019 12:22 AM

I live in Vegas. Snowfall was a surprise when I stepped outside. It's been snowing here on and off since Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2019 12:25 AM

I am skeptical that LV has a “measurable” amount of snow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2019 12:26 AM

It's measurable for VEGAS, R5.

In fact, it's a downright miracle.

Vegas never snows.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2019 12:31 AM

It snowed in Joshua tree too.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2019 12:40 AM

Wondering how many idiots ran outside and tried to snort a line.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2019 12:43 AM

I-15 is closed!

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2019 12:55 AM

What's worse: being unable to get to Vegas, or being trapped there?

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2019 12:57 AM

Here at Emory Hospital in Midtown, Atlanta GA. We decide to go for a little walk around the block. I said 10 minutes out then we walk back. Well going out it wasn't raining. 4 minutes into the walk back the sky opened up. We got drenched.

But I love it - I don't mind rain. As I say you don't have to shovel rain.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2019 1:03 AM

Why is I-15 closed, R9?

First off, it stopped snowing. Second, there wasn't enough snow to stop traffic.

Do you know what's going on?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2019 1:08 AM

I - 15 is open again.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2019 1:19 AM

It's especially beautiful since it's such an unexpected juxtaposition. Reminds me of this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2019 1:29 AM

Sorry Palm Springs local tv news said it was closed and I thought they meant currently.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2019 1:31 AM

I-15 still closed at Nevada Stateline (CA)

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2019 6:06 AM

There's a lot of poo in the street that's going to get a dusting.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2019 6:47 AM

[quote]In the Echo Canyon subdivision on Mt. Charleston, snowfall has surpassed an inch. According to NBC News, "the weather closed down state route 160 between Las Vegas and Pahrump" until snow plows were utilized.

Huh? Southern NV doesn't *HAVE* snow plows. And what good would they do on an inch of snow, anyway? I lived in Vegas for the 2008 "blizzard" and it was so much fun! I went out driving in it!

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2019 8:11 AM

Funny, the only time I went to vegas it was a record snowstorm. Everything was shut down.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2019 8:25 AM

[quote] Southern NV doesn't *HAVE* snow plows.

They probably borrow the snow plows from Mt. Charleston, which is nearby.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2019 10:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!