Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle: Unethical slut?

The Wall Street Journal reports that she's been flying on the Under Armour CEO's private jet, giving him advice and discussing his products on the air.

Oh and maybe fucking him. (They're both married to other people.)

[quote]Kevin Plank has cultivated a wide circle of celebrities since founding Under Armour Inc. more than two decades ago. As the company has grown from a small startup to a global force in athletic apparel, some have even accompanied the chief executive on the private jet he leases to Under Armour.

[quote]Often in recent years, said a number of current and former executives, he has turned to one in particular for business advice: MSNBC anchor Stephanie Ruhle.

[quote]The billionaire and the television journalist have developed close ties in recent years, according to these executives and others familiar with the matter. Ms. Ruhle has traveled with Mr. Plank and Under Armour staff on his private jet, they said, and given the CEO her input on a range of business matters.

[quote]Ms. Ruhle’s involvement at the Baltimore company was unusual and problematic, these people said, and left employees unsure how to handle her feedback because many people believed she was romantically involved with Mr. Plank. Both Mr. Plank and Ms. Ruhle are married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2019 12:19 AM

[quote]Last year, Mr. Plank’s relationship with Ms. Ruhle was brought to the attention of the Under Armour board after the company uncovered emails that showed an intimate relationship between them, some of the people said. The board asked Mr. Plank about the nature of the relationship and whether company assets were used, these people said. Mr. Plank told directors that it was a private matter and that no company funds were spent, they said. It couldn’t be determined if the board took further action.

[quote]Ms. Ruhle, 43, a former finance executive who anchors two weekday programs on MSNBC, and Mr. Plank, 46, declined to comment for this article. The Under Armour board didn’t respond to a list of written questions sent last month. Ms. McCormick said board discussions are confidential.

[quote]Executives said Mr. Plank took Ms. Ruhle’s advice rather than management’s on how to handle consumer backlash over a key sneaker model in 2016. She also gave advice on how he should engage with President Trump in 2017 that was at odds with some executives who urged Mr. Plank to keep his distance.

[quote]Soon after Mr. Trump’s election, Mr. Plank joined one of the White House’s CEO councils and later praised Mr. Trump in a television interview, amid the furor over the president’s proposal to ban travel from some Muslim-majority countries. Mr. Plank’s comments drew fire from some Under Armour athletes, including basketball star Stephen Curry and ballerina Misty Copeland. Mr. Plank later issued a public letter saying that he doesn’t support Mr. Trump’s travel ban and that he values diversity.

[quote]Under Armour leases a black Gulfstream jet from a company owned by Mr. Plank, who also uses the same aircraft for private travels. The company pays a monthly lease of $166,667 for business use of the plane, according to the company’s proxy filing.

[quote]Mr. Plank used the private jet to transport Ms. Ruhle, the people familiar with the matter said. For example, Ms. Ruhle flew with Mr. Plank and Under Armour staff to or from Cannes, Amsterdam and Austin, Texas. On trips from Cannes in 2015 and 2016, the plane stopped in Teterboro, N.J., and dropped off Ms. Ruhle, according to these people and flight records.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote]Former and current executives said Mr. Plank’s use of the jet and his relationship with Ms. Ruhle were among the many ways the CEO blurred the lines between his personal activities and Under Armour. For years, several of his friends held senior leadership roles at the athletic-gear company and some Under Armour employees have been paid by Mr. Plank, according to former and current executives.

[quote]Ms. Ruhle, who was a managing director at Deutsche Bank before becoming a journalist, joined Bloomberg Television in 2011 and then MSNBC in 2016. She interviewed Mr. Plank several times while she worked at Bloomberg. During one of her interviews with Mr. Plank in 2015, a group of Under Armour employees were asked to wear shirts with the slogan “Ruhle Yourself,” a reference to the company’s “Rule Yourself” ad campaign. The sportswear company says that it regularly makes promotional T-shirts for employees. “She was always a strong journalist for us,” said a Bloomberg L.P. spokesman. A spokesman for MSNBC declined to comment.

[quote]Executives said Mr. Plank would forward emails from Ms. Ruhle to executives at the company. They said some decisions by employees were overruled after her involvement.

[quote]When Under Armour revealed a new sneaker for Mr. Curry, its biggest basketball star, the week of June 6, 2016, some consumers started on June 9 to ridicule the all-white “Chef Curry” shoes on social media.

[quote]Under Armour employees wanted to react on social media in the first 24 hours, but were asked to hold off on addressing the issue publicly because Ms. Ruhle said she would step in and discuss the shoes on TV, the people said. The sportswear company didn’t respond on its Twitter account on June 9 or June 10. Ms. Ruhle discussed the shoes that weekend on an NBC show.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 9:21 PM

Well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 9:22 PM

I like Stephanie, she fun to watch. She's really sassy and live on television. She's perfect for tv.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 9:29 PM

You expected ethics from MSNBC ?

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 9:32 PM

She's fucking nuts. Didn't you read my won't someone tell her to shut the fuck up thread yesterday? No one can stand her.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 9:38 PM

R4 She is tiresome with her both sides and always yammering on about her parents who are supposedly trump supporters and her weepy fake Good News Ruhles stories. And her inability to call Trump supporters what they are: Racist, hypocritical morons. She and Chris Matthews can both take a hike.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 9:38 PM

I still love her. She's the type of woman I'll go straight for. I have a crush on Stephanie.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 9:42 PM

I'm R4.^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 9:43 PM

She smells like cigarettes and is a drunk.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 9:45 PM

Why is everyone so jealous of Stephanie? What the hell did she do?

And where's that thread on her from yesterday? I want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 9:49 PM

I enjoy how she makes her tits bounce when she get all excited about something.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 9:50 PM

I like her and am kind of shocked by this article.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 9:56 PM

Stephanie's a prostitution whore! Bedding a married man? I would never!

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 9:58 PM

Wasn't Maria Bartiromo from CNBC and now Fox Business busted for the same thing? I seem to remember she was fucking some CEO while flying around on his private jet a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2019 10:00 PM

Stephanie is one of those women who can get a gay mans dick hard. She has that type of personality.

I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2019 10:09 PM

“Stephanie is one of those women who can get a gay mans dick hard.”

Only a straight person, probably a woman, would think something this stupid and anti-gay.

FUCK OFF R16

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2019 10:12 PM

R17 Fuck you! Read my lost at R8. Who the fuck are you anyway? I said nothing anti gay at all.

ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2019 10:16 PM

I'd let him fuck me.

He's hot and he looks a bit like Eric Bana.

Oh, and he's a billionaire. Get it, girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2019 10:46 PM

R16 Lara Logan could have have man she wants. Stephanie is the dregs at the bottom of the barrel that the biggest nerd would fuck because he was so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2019 11:30 PM

Lara Logan could have any man she wants.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2019 11:31 PM

R21 Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2019 11:40 PM

R7 All of these "both sides " types are just desperate not to offend the rich republican CEOs that they schmooze with (and fuck from time to time ). They don't give a shit about the uneducated middle American Trump voters who they profess concern over.

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2019 11:57 PM

Isn't Erin Burnett with a CEO as well?

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2019 2:02 AM

R24 Really? Who is she married to?

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2019 2:19 AM

Burnett is married to David Rubulotta managing director of high-yield sales at Citigroup.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2019 2:53 AM

Stephanie does not have her wedding ring on this AM. She has worn it inthe past.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2019 1:39 PM

That means nothing R27. There are many times in the past she hasn't worn her wedding ring.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2019 2:20 PM

She and Ali Velshi were bond traders and business news people before their present gig. Maybe they know a tiny bit about running a business, but yeah, I think this is a romantic relationship.

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2019 2:27 PM

The Under Armour guy is hot, as is Erin Burnett’s husband.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2019 2:43 PM

This so called scandal seemed to get shuffled aside pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2019 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!