Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Philtrum Size Determines Attractiveness

I find people with a small philtrum more attractive. I've seen some people with a philtrum that's 2-3" and more, and I find it horrifically unattractive....am I right?

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2019 11:08 AM

2=3 inch philtrum?

What humans could possibly have a philtrum that large? How could a normally formed human face have 2-3 INCHES between the septum and the upper lip?

Yes, I'd say anyone with 2-3 inches between their septum and upper lip would probably be horrifically unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2019 4:01 AM

I would say two inches is quite common, and yes I find it unattractive. I believe it's possible to have philtrum reduction surgery.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2019 4:04 AM

The narrow, shallow and dull philtrum with mole suggests the insufficiency of kidney Qi and the poor ability to have children. The deep, long and wide philtrum symbolizes many children.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2019 4:13 AM

Most of my family has been cursed with large philtrum and two of my sisters have had reduction surgery, only to reveal a gummy smile.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2019 4:18 AM

Not feeling this thread unless it turns into a drinking game.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2019 4:21 AM

Steven King is the poster child for elePhiltrumtitus.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2019 4:26 AM

Faye needs a lip lift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2019 4:29 AM

I always thought Vicky from the OC has too long a philthrum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2019 4:35 AM

A long philtrum can be attractive if balanced out by a longish chin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2019 4:39 AM

Another good looking man with a longer than average philtrum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2019 4:41 AM

Short philtra do not always mean attractiveness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 4:43 AM

Omigod. Is DL going to turn into Lookism.net ?

Is it going to be endlessly autistic threads about retruded maxillas, slayers and midface ratios from now on?

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2019 4:44 AM

r11, I've always thought she was attractive and got a bum wrap.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2019 4:46 AM

Where would Homer Simpson be on this scale?

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2019 4:46 AM

If OP is the same neurotic queen who posted the recent "I’ve finally mastered the mirror selfie" thread , I swear to GOD I'm gonna have it out with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2019 4:48 AM

I knew a girl with an average size philtrum.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2019 4:50 AM

I got "a bum wrap" once at a sandwich shop, R13. Tasted terrible.

And the restaurant was playing "a bum wrap" song at the time. Shoulda been the tip-off.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2019 4:54 AM

am I the only one who had to look up 'philtrum' on dictionary.com?

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2019 5:08 AM

Yes, R10, but Bomerina has those eyes!

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote] [R11], I've always thought she was attractive and got a bum wrap.

I think it was more like she got a chemical peel.

Or thirty.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2019 5:34 AM

r11, you're right. I don't see how people can't see her beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2019 5:36 AM

What's interesting about this idea is that all the Housewives and celebs tend to get this area "flattened" when they do Botox or something (not sure what it is they do to that area, or nearby area, that does this). See Faye Dunaway upthread for the "look."

Obviously they are trying to look younger/better, but this elongates the philtrum and is always a dead giveaway that work has been done.

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2019 5:40 AM

One downside to a nose job is that they usually raise your tip and it makes the gap between the nose and lip longer.

and lol r12 - I had no idea anyone else knew about that lunatic site and felt the same way about it...in those exact terms (my maxilla!!!)

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2019 5:42 AM

I have an Irish lip (long philtrum) like George Clooney and Peter O'Toole. My philtrum measures exactly one inch from my nose to my upper lip. I think it looks quite attractive.

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2019 6:28 AM

R24, keep telling yourself that...

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2019 6:32 AM

R23,

I was thinking the same thing.. nose jobs probably elongate the philtrum and lip injections probably shorten it. I’m sure there will be an Instagram filter to “normalize” philtum length soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2019 11:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!