Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's gossip about Mick Jagger, a man of wealth and taste

A charismatic performer and enigmatic person. He was born to a stable middle-class family in the dreary London suburb of Dartford before handily passing exams and coasting to the London School of Economics. However, fate had other plans, when he spotted old childhood chum Keith Richards on the Dartford train platform with R&B records under his arm. The two struck up a conversation, and the rest is history!

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2020 1:01 PM

Whatever his faults, he's the greatest rock and roll singer ever.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2019 11:39 PM

A friend did his pr ages ago. Liked him.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2019 11:52 PM

He is the Best!

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2019 12:00 AM

I’ve heard he’s soft spoken, fairly naive, mostly kind, and surprisingly petite. I don’t know how true that is, but I enjoy his voice.

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2019 12:03 AM

Isn't he a bottom when he goes gay ?

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2019 12:04 AM

R5, in your fevered fantasies, he can be whatever you want him to be!

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 12:13 AM

R6, in my fevered fantasies, he still looks like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 12:20 AM

Does he wear a wig?

His womanizing ways puts me off. Stay single and have fun. No need to be involved in relationships and then cheat

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 12:22 AM

Gorgeous pic, r7....

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 12:25 AM

More'

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 12:47 AM

Not my type at all, but I love the music.

(Mick Taylor was my type, see video... .)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2019 1:07 AM

The most overrated of all the lead singers from the British Invasion. The biggest poseur ever. And fucking ugly as well.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2019 1:40 AM

I think he is sexy as hell

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2019 11:03 PM

Alluring in his younger years. Not given to dwelling in the past.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2019 1:13 PM

Gorgeous for one hot minute. Then got craggy fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2019 1:28 PM

John Lennon had a much better rock-n-roll voice, IMO, and was a far more interesting person.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2019 1:36 PM

True bi-sexual. Liked the bbc along with Bowie. Upthread was the first time I EVER heard of Jagger being described as "naive." Brains behind the band. The money man. Watched the money like a hawk.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2019 1:55 PM

R12 is, potentially, the stupidest person in the world. Jesus, why are people on DL so stupid nowadays?

Sir Mick and Keef are the last two real rockstars. Mick Jagger is the greatest.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2019 1:58 PM

Go, Granny, go!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2019 2:14 PM

Bi-sexual Rock stars of the late 60-70s

Marc Bolan

David Bowie

Mick Jagger

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2019 11:33 PM

Why, Elton John, R20!

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2019 11:35 PM

Jagger is many things, but naive is not a word I'd use to describe him.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2019 12:02 AM

[quote]Brains behind the band. The money man. Watched the money like a hawk.

He attended the London School of Economics, so this doesn’t surprise me in the least.

And R16, I could not disagree more.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2019 12:05 AM

Neil Diamond told a story about how he was signing paperwork for an upcoming tour at the same time Mick Jagger was in the office for the same thing, and it turned out they both had tours starting at the same time, so Neil joked, "Is that a good idea, since we both have the same demographic?"

Mick apparently did not think it was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2019 12:13 AM

Robert Plant was a better vocalist. That’s OK, because it’s only rock ‘n’ roll and I like it. I like it. Yes I do.

I’ve seen the Stones 3x. What’s amazing about Mick is how in shape he is. The man can rock the fuck out for 3 hours. His performances are highly physical, and he is able to sustain that night after night.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2019 12:19 AM

R25, Jack White could play him.

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2019 12:21 AM

Mick does exercises everyday to keep in the shape that he was years ago, including ballet. For 75 he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2019 12:28 AM

His father was a noted sportsman who introduced basketball to England. He made Mick work out daily as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2019 12:30 AM

David Bowie and Mick Jagger fucked around (literally) with each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2019 12:31 AM

Saint Faye to the rescue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2019 12:46 AM

Mick. So cute and 'mod' back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2019 2:45 AM

He went to the London School of Economics for about four minutes. Not saying he's not financially saavy, but not because he went to LSE.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2019 8:59 AM

The only way he was naive was in comparison to Bowie, who ripped off his idea for the artwork of Diamond dogs. All the stars and musicians of this era had to smarten up fast if they wanted to survive in the music business

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2019 9:18 AM

Has he done anything charitable in his life?

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2019 10:26 AM

R34 he supported Live Aid and presumably other causes. He might keep his charity private, some celebrities do.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2019 10:40 AM

He probably has, R34, and just hasn't made a big deal out of it. People with that kind of wealth often contribute anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2019 10:43 AM

He is 5ft 10, not that petite. Harry Styles is his illegitimate son.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2019 10:45 AM

He is a notorious tightwad. Doubt he has given much to charity.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2019 11:20 AM

This is his charity page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2019 11:24 AM

He loves that $$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2019 11:35 AM

Maybe he can take Megz off Harry's hands. HE has enough money for that bottomless pit.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2019 11:51 AM

Know a former cab driver who spent some time chauffeuring him around Boston. Said he was polite, quiet and listened to classical music the entire time he was with him.

Has a home in Mustique and is a major benefactor of the Mustique Charitable Trusts (search on Sir Mick Jagger):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2019 12:06 PM

Terrible husband, but a good father who acknowledges all of his children and takes care of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2019 12:22 PM

I never found those skinny English guys very sexy....I love Keith on Mick's "mysteriousness": What exactly the fuck are you hiding? It can't be that big a deal....

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2019 12:24 PM

WOW! What's with the funky ocean painting in R43's pic? Mick must have gotten that in Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 45February 23, 2019 1:47 PM

Money money money. Man can’t get enough. I love that he stiffed Jerry Hall (oh whoops that “wedding” we had wasn’t legal - my mistake) - despite her being the mother of so many of his children. A true dickhead. But she’s a white for going after Rupert. They are all nasty, miserable capitalists.

by Anonymousreply 46February 23, 2019 4:58 PM

Why did his girlfriend kill herself?

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2019 4:59 PM

R46 I think she partially married Rupert to get back at Mick (yes, it was primarily the money, but that's not the only reason). Mick hates that she married someone so much wealthier than he is because he never thought she could do better than him.

by Anonymousreply 48February 23, 2019 5:01 PM

R43 No, he doesn't. He abandoned his daughter Karis, who grew up on the dole.

by Anonymousreply 49February 23, 2019 5:03 PM

His daughter Karis is very close to him and was the one whose house he his out in after L'Wren died. He also gave her away at her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 50February 23, 2019 5:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 23, 2019 5:18 PM

He is savvy.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2019 5:30 PM

Hall saw what happened to Bianca so she's an idiot for thinking that wouldn't happen to her.

Plus Warhol said that Hall had really tremendous B.O.

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2019 5:38 PM

Why do people think he was a "good father" - don't think he did any child rearing whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2019 6:11 PM

He reads a lot of non-fiction and history. In all of his interviews, he comes across as very intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2019 6:21 PM

Did Mick Jagger have an unhappy childhood?

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2019 7:32 PM

R41 has to be the most bitter bitch, or bottom, in all of the UK.

You’ve gotta be absolutely MISERABLE to bring up Meghan Markle in a thread about the biggest fucking rock star who has ever lived, and has had lived a long and quite interesting life so far.

Geez, r41, you’re really quite the cunt, doll.

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2019 8:18 PM

His lips have thinned with age. If anyone did fillers I'd have thought it would be him.

by Anonymousreply 58February 23, 2019 8:35 PM

"Black people look at Mick Jagger and say "Damn, you got some big ass lips!"

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2019 8:37 PM

R56 I don't think so, can't remember him talking about anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2019 8:49 PM

Did anyone else read the biography of Jann Wenner that came out a year or two ago? If I remember right, the author plays a little coy with it, but heavily implies that Wenner and Jagger were fucking in the seventies.

Are there other men other than Bowie he’s been linked with? Jagger and Lennon appear flirtatious in the Rock and Roll Circus footage, and a couple years later Lennon was busy castigating him for his “faggot dancing”.

(One of the other funny parts of the Wenner biography is Wenner and Yoko Ono both trying to tell the author that Lennon was bisexual, and McCartney having to be like, “Yoko always says that...I don’t believe it...”)

by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2019 6:31 AM

When touring, the band has several days between gigs. I don't think he could keep the pace up night after night any more.

by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2019 11:51 AM

Vintage gossip: “Jagger, Mick. Former drug user. Stingy. Regular customer of Heidi Fleiss. Bisexual & reportedly linked with David Bowie. Marriages to Jerry Hall & Bianca Jagger. Recent liaison with Minnie Driver; formerly linked with Brigitte Bardot, Eric Clapton, Pamela Des Barres, Janice Dickinson, Tom Driberg, Marianne Faithfull, Allen Ginsberg, Jerry Hall, Brian Jones, Astrid Lindstrom, Madonna, Princess Margaret, Rudolf Nureyev, Mackenzie Phillips, Linda Rondstadt, Carly Simon, Rod Stewart, Uma Thurman, Margaret Trudeau, and Andy Warhol.”

by Anonymousreply 63February 24, 2019 12:17 PM

What R12 said. He's one lucky sonofabitch.

by Anonymousreply 64February 24, 2019 12:20 PM

R41 made me LOL. But I have read that Mick is tight with his money, so she probably wouldn’t consider it. And he’s not impressed with her status - his is greater. She needs someone with billions, who needs the patina of respectability that a tenuous link to the BRF might lend.

by Anonymousreply 65February 24, 2019 12:20 PM

r56, no, all biographies of him point that out. He has even said so himself. He comes from a very stable family. His father was a well-known educator. Which may be why he never completely imploded himself.

by Anonymousreply 66February 24, 2019 6:34 PM

indeed, I'd heard he was the paragon of upper-middle class respectability, and as a dinner guest was considered a witty raconteur

by Anonymousreply 67February 24, 2019 6:40 PM

I've met him.

A nicer guy than you would expect.

Kind of aloof. A British thing I guess.

Way nicer than Bowie and a world ahead of that nasty bitch Michael Stipe. And he smells.

by Anonymousreply 68February 24, 2019 7:11 PM

He attended my school (quite a few years before me) and came back to open the performing arts centre that was named after him.

Someone upthread said Dartford is a suburb of London. It's not. It's a town in Kent. Also someone else said Jagger's father was instrumental in introducing basketball to the UK. There remains to this day a photo of our school's basketball team on the wall of one of our corridors with Jagger front and centre so I expect this was true. Not many schools had (or have) basketball teams in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 69February 24, 2019 7:18 PM

Someone also said that John Lennon was interesting.

I can see someone thinking that in 1960, before the smoke and mirrors of the era faded. But not today.

In hindsight, he was a complete flake. His only gift was being able to rip off the public and the press.

by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2019 8:09 PM

I used to feel like it was my fault for not liking Lennon. I couldn’t stand him. Or any of the Beatles. Their music was like nails on a chalkboard to me. But it was the interviews that really make me cringe. I can not stand the souls of their horrible voices.

At least the Monkeys were honest with themselves.

by Anonymousreply 71February 24, 2019 8:11 PM

Lennon, Jagger, Bowie, Eno, Bolan, Robert Plant and endless others were all so obviously gay to me. Their image, their hair, their manneurisms, their clothes....nearly all of them remained/are closeted. Bowie even jumped back into the closet! I think it would have helped the general public to accept gays more quickly than they did had they just come out. It would have been rough, but worth it.

With regard for Jagger, the Stones are the greatest rock band ever and his voice was obviously integral to that. Musically, however, Keith was the one behind reviving the classic blues sounds.

by Anonymousreply 72February 24, 2019 8:24 PM

Mick smells r68? What does he smell like?

by Anonymousreply 73February 24, 2019 8:27 PM

R68 tell me about Bowie!

by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2019 8:29 PM

R72, I've never heard a single gay rumor about Plant. Care to share what you've heard?

by Anonymousreply 75February 24, 2019 8:32 PM

What I want to understand is why so many DLers cannot accept that bisexuality is indeed, real?

These men were obviously bi. No one jumped back into the closet. If you cannot imagine sex with the opposite sex, or the same sex, then you are gay, lesbian, or straight. Period, end of story. If you can have sex with or fall in love with same sex or opposite sex, you’re bisexual. Period, end of story.

When the fuck did this become such a mystery? Most of you here are over 50 or 60. You, of all people, should and do know better.

by Anonymousreply 76February 24, 2019 8:56 PM

[quote]a man of taste

Jagger? Where did that come from?

by Anonymousreply 77February 24, 2019 9:01 PM

{quote]Where did that come from?

from Sympathy for the Devil

by Anonymousreply 78February 24, 2019 9:02 PM

R76, not only were they bisexual but I bet they had no interest in real relationships with men. Just experimenting with sex like experimenting with drugs. David Bowie didn't jump back in the closet he just had no desire to have an emotional relationship with men.

by Anonymousreply 79February 24, 2019 9:42 PM

Michael Stipe smells. Really smells as if on purpose. How edgy.

David Bowie was a gentleman. Not at all good looking. He was all smoke and mirrors And the cursed English teeth. He was sniffing around Iman in NYC when I was around him. She was with a white, rich jewish guy at the time. I don't remember his name. Friend of my boss Peppo Venini and Howard Stein.

She was very unhappy. Lot's of drugs. He saved her. And eventually she saved him.

Better people than you would think.

by Anonymousreply 80February 24, 2019 10:04 PM

R79 I think David Bowie wanted a family more than anything else, and that meant marrying a woman to him. R80 interesting information about Iman, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 81February 24, 2019 10:23 PM

More gossip pl!

by Anonymousreply 82February 24, 2019 11:38 PM

Nothing about Robert? Disappointing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2019 12:11 AM

Not to derail this thread, but I do agree with those who say Lennon was a flake and a phony and a bit of a poseur. I say that as a mega Lennon fan. I just think he tried on different personas, like a lot of entertainers do. Like Madonna did. The trouble in Lennon's case is that people believed (foolishly) every stupid thing he said. Half the time he was just talking. When he DID bother to get serious he had some interesting stuff to say. He was intelligent. Maybe too smart.

by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2019 7:40 AM

R17, he must not've watched the money that closely or worried too much about it. See his letter to Andy Warhol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2019 1:39 PM

R84 people needed a Lennon to worship. Obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 86February 25, 2019 2:25 PM

Helmut Berger ( austrian actor famous in the 70s) talked in an austrian late night talk show about hooking up with Mick Jagger R61.

by Anonymousreply 87February 25, 2019 3:05 PM

But R85, he's only inquiring after Warhol's fee as it appears they have not discussed it yet. Jagger is/was notoriously tight fisted. That is a known fact. Best.

by Anonymousreply 88February 25, 2019 5:47 PM

R85, I’m assuming that this was for Some Girls, correct?

by Anonymousreply 89February 25, 2019 9:25 PM

The letter is dated 1969, so I think it's for what eventually turned into the Sticky Fingers cover.

[quote]The money man. Watched the money like a hawk.

Mick did watch the money like a hawk, but he was not their "money man." That was Rupert Loewenstein whom MIck had brought in for the job.

Loewenstein was the Rolling Stones' business adviser and financial manager from 1968 until 2007.[2] In 1968, then working in London as a merchant banker, he was introduced to Mick Jagger by a mutual friend, art dealer Christopher Gibbs. According to Keith Richards, Loewenstein had never heard of Jagger before then.[12] Jagger was of the opinion that the Stones' then manager, Allen Klein, was not paying them everything they were due.[6]

Loewenstein is credited with transforming the Stones into a "global brand and one of the world's richest bands", in particular by encouraging them to take into account potential tax advantages in any decisions about where to record, rehearse or perform.[6] He managed their release from an existing contract, which paid them almost nothing, and persuaded them of the tax advantages of leaving England and moving to the south of France. He channelled their earnings through a series of companies in the Netherlands, and got them to rehearse in Canada, rather than the United States, to reduce their tax bill.[1] Richards said, "[t]he tax rate [in the U.K.] in the early '70s on the highest earners was 83 percent, and that went up to 98 percent for investments... It was Rupert's advice that we become non-resident".[13] Loewenstein also copyrighted the famous red tongue logo, and enlisted corporates sponsors such as General Electric for tours.[1]

by Anonymousreply 90February 25, 2019 9:37 PM

Yep, it's true, R86. Nobody is arguing that point.

by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2019 7:37 AM

[quote]Hall saw what happened to Bianca so she's an idiot for thinking that wouldn't happen to her.

Or maybe he's a greedy, stingy asshole who has to be forced into being a decent humam being.

The dude is still having babies, I mean come on. A woman has three kids and DL screams for 600 replies that she's an irresponsible cunt.

by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2019 10:34 AM

I wonder if he’ll treat all his kids equally in his will.

If he doesn’t all hell will break loose

by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2019 10:18 PM

Can someone start a thread like this on Bowie? I feel like I have only scratched the surface with Bowie gossip.

by Anonymousreply 94February 27, 2019 10:59 AM

R94 - just started one for ya.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 27, 2019 12:04 PM

Jagger would shop at the large B Dalton's on 5th by himself and with Hall in the 80s. No guards, nothing. Just like any other customer and nobody bothered him.

by Anonymousreply 96February 27, 2019 12:58 PM

I wonder if Hall has actually ever fucked Murdoch. I say no, but I’m really just basing that on my own decision making process.

I understand why she married him, but Hall really painted herself into a corner. She should have jumped right into the arms of the next available millionaire the second things started going south with Mick. She was still attractive enough at that time, and could have been with a man much closer to her age.

by Anonymousreply 97February 28, 2019 12:38 PM

I love his daughter's food blog, Hey Sistah. It has really good recipes and back stories. She seems like a grounded, thoughttful person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 2, 2019 5:15 PM

The thing about these rich guys, and their marrying each others' ex-wives, is: Rupert Murdoch didn't marry "Jerry Hall"; he married Mick Jagger's ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2019 12:18 AM

Jerry Hall always seemed very reasonable and kind hearted. The Murdoch pairing is weird.

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2019 1:20 AM

Well there's a very good reason why she married Murdoch. And just because she married him doesn't mean she isn't kind hearted. She can give his money to charitable organizations and he gets female companionship. I'm sure this was very carefully arranged with a number of lawyers. Nothing wrong with this. Marriage for love is a pretty recent idea in the history of human civilization. For most of the species' history it was for domestic, social and financial reasons.

by Anonymousreply 101March 3, 2019 1:32 AM

Thanks r95!

by Anonymousreply 102March 3, 2019 1:32 AM

He’s great when he’s into you, he’s brutally cold and ghosts you when he’s not.

by Anonymousreply 103March 3, 2019 1:47 AM

Like actors do when they're doing a role based on you(think people like Dustin Hoffmann and Sally Field) and you suddenly become their best friend. Then after it's over they drop you without a word and you're stunned because at one moment they adored you and then you realize it was all a ruse to study you. Like a hit and run accident.

by Anonymousreply 104March 3, 2019 1:55 AM

Here is the correct link for the food blog at r98, looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 3, 2019 1:55 AM

Perhaps r103, but he's also been generous to some of his exes. He's financially supported Marsha Hunt in her later years, after he reconciled with their daughter. This was crucial to her when she battled breast cancer a few years ago. He also privately supported Faithfull during her worst years in the throes of heroin, and allegedly paid for her son's education. No one really knows for sure what went down with L'Wren at the very end; I suppose we'll get details when he's gone or at the very end of his life.

He is a former (current?) sex addict. Not much use for drugs or drink, but women and sex were his thing obviously. Sharpest anecdote was in one of the bios of Madonna, that she used to hang around Manhattan clubs and hotels in the late 70s when she was an unknown club kid and troll for famous dick. She managed to bed Jagger, more than once supposedly; years later they of course met again when she was world-famous and Mick didn't have a clue of course who she was. Former groupies galore.

by Anonymousreply 106March 3, 2019 2:01 AM

There's no such thing as "John Lennon". The Beatles never existed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 3, 2019 2:15 AM

Which one of these couples whose photos were taken on the same day in Gibraltar, following the marriage of 'John & Yoko', are the real John & Yoko? The couple with the Taller John or the couple with the Shorter John? Neither. There was no 'John & Yoko'. They were public characters played by a rotating cast of agents. John & Yoko, as actual human beings, never existed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 3, 2019 2:20 AM

Why did the 'John Lennon' who was shot, and whose physician neighbor did not recognize as being the man he crossed paths with in the elevator every day, have no ear on the right side of his fucking head? Why did 'The Beatles' and why do 'Paul McCartney' and 'Ringo Starr' more often than not appear to be wearing prosthetic ears? I don't fucking know! But it's really weird!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2019 2:25 AM

Quincy Jones nailed Mick Jagger accurately when he said something like, "Mick Jagger copied Little Richard and Elvis Presley. That's what all the great ones do. They take the best from the best and then add their own style to it."

by Anonymousreply 110March 3, 2019 2:58 AM

To the lunatic foisting corpse photos upon the unsuspecting: fuck off. You have dragged multiple classic rock/Beatles threads into inanity and destroyed worthwhile discussions because you’ve felt the need to peddle your stupidity. No one cares! Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 111March 3, 2019 3:11 AM

To the PID/fake Beatles troll: please go away and take your meds and stop ruining threads. I'm trying to be nice (and to forget that photo of John before I fall asleep) so I will refrain from wishing you a grease - fire related death. For now.

by Anonymousreply 112March 3, 2019 3:33 AM

R156 interesting anecdote about Madonna. Well, what did she expect, he has slept with thousands of women. It's obvious (to me anyway) that Mick is or was a sex addict, but what's he got that women are willing to sleep with him two minutes into meeting him, even when they are his babysitters or family friends and his wife is in the next room? I know rock and pop stars have women throwing themselves at them all the time but I don't remember hearing stories like this about others (with such frequency anyway).

by Anonymousreply 113March 3, 2019 3:38 AM

What's crazy, Helen Keller, is that you think these two men are the same fucking guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 3, 2019 3:39 AM

bumporamma

by Anonymousreply 115March 5, 2019 7:33 PM

R100, & R101, I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting Jerry, yet I’ll take your opinions of her kindness as the probable truth. In no way did I mean to insinuate that she’s not a good person due to her marriage to Murdoch, I just find it odd, but that’s because I personally resent the living hell out of Murdoch, for foisting FOX “News” into the living rooms of millions of Americans.

I cannot forgive that about him. He might be the kindest, and most generous of human beings in his personal life, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he donated quite generously to causes and institutions that I support.

That all being said, Fox News has stagnated so much growth and progress in the United States, by promoting lies, and supporting liars. Average Americans do not benefit from social conservatism, because social conservatism translates into economic growth and wealth for those who already have more than enough. The policies that come about as a result of conservatism, skew overwhelmingly, to further enrich those who are already wealthy, and of course, that rule of thumb is also applied to liberals, who are rich.

There is nothing wrong with having wealth. Yet there is something very wrong, and broken, in a society that purposefully pushes vast disinformation, in order to keep specific segments of society uneducated, undereducated, or miseducated, in order to prevent them and their future generations created by their progeny, from knowledge and opportunities in wealth creation.

I’ve traveled extensively throughout the United States, and it is SHOCKING AS FUCK, to observe how many people who are adults, do not know how to write, or even read well, and correctly. Think about that for a moment. Something that most of us here take for granted, something so accessible to us, merely because we were born in the US, or even abroad, and grew up in specific cities, where a good and comprehensive education was/is highly valued, and accessible to us. Heck, some of us here even speak multiple languages, such as myself, because we live/lived in cities that valued diversity. Try finding teens who are studying French, in places like Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Georgia, and even Florida. Hint: there aren’t many, at all. As a matter of fact, many of these areas don’t even offer foreign language studies at a junior and high school level, yet do or might, in colleges. This is just one of many examples, of the HUGE and positive difference it makes to grow up in NYC, or California, as opposed to growing up in one of the States I referenced above.

FOX News promotes a society where people can justify their inability to read or write well, because Jesus loves them no matter what, and they’ll be guaranteed personal wealth in heaven. That is over the top, fucking INFURIATING to me, and Rupert Murdoch and his business interests are a huge reason why the United States hasn’t affordable healthcare for every American citizen, along with dozens of other things that should be, and could be accessible to all Americans (like free access to higher education), regardless of their personal religious affiliations or social mores.

FUCK Rupert Murdoch. Oh, and double FUCK FOX “News”, and all of its sellout employees, who truly know better, but keep showing up to work and lying, for cash and prizes.

p.s. To the Beatles troll: I’ve had the pleasure of meeting one of the Beatles, and I can assure you that he is very real, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 116March 6, 2019 11:46 AM

Let's Work is one of the worst songs and videos of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 6, 2019 2:04 PM

yes, they are cheap. They don't give out free tickets. If anyone in the band wants to give tickets to their friends or family, they have to pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 118March 6, 2019 2:21 PM

[R25], Robert Plant entirely annihilated his voice after 1972. He claims it's because he chose to perform when he had the flu, but if you listen to his vocals, combined with no vocal training, cocaine, cigarettes and alcohol, it's obvious he didn't take care of his most valuable asset.

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2020 12:04 PM

He's talkative and charming and soft-spoken, especially if you have something to talk about other than music. He likes architects and designers and antiquarians and garden historians, people with esoteric knowledge. This seems genuinely from natural curiosity, but also I suspect because because it's a way to avoid a lot of the "I'm a huge fan!" conversation that must be a challenge. I've wondered if it isn't compensatory to demonstrate that he's more than what most people would expect, but he's liked to be around those sorts of people a lot for many decades. He does have a lot of expectation working for and against him.

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2020 12:27 PM

He’s for homophobic racist white people.

Freddie Mercury is the gay poc rock king with the real legacy.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2020 12:36 PM

I would say he is a Tory like Jerry. So there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2020 1:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!