Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lady Pamela Hicks and Family

I think we need a discussion of Lady Pamela and her family.

Born into the Battenburg family, Louis, Earl Mountbatten of Burma was the father of Lady Pamela and her elder sister Lady Patricia, who was allowed to carry the Mountbatten title to her son in order to save the title from extinction. Louis has a ton of his own stories - many of them involving same-sex lovers. Who can blame anyone? He was royal, gorgeous and charming.

Lady Pamela still lives in she and David Hicks (her gay closeted deceased husband) former home and her daughter India, who was in Charles and Diana's wedding, has her own "lifestyle brand" and sells it on the internets, using stories from her mother and leaning on her lineage to sell product. I don't blame her one bit, and she's doing it fabulously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 12:30 PM

He was yummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 11:08 PM

The Mountbatten daughters remind me of Patty and Selma from The Simpsons

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 11:12 PM

Terribly well spoken white, privileged aristocratic Lady, who perpetuates a Class system which undermines the possibly of the Country becoming a true egalitarian society. I have no doubt she is charming and well mannered, but not someone who is fascinating due to an accident of birth.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2019 11:40 PM

Louis, her father, was indeed very, very good looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2019 7:36 PM

Here's Louis Mountbatten with The Prince of Wales (aka Edward the VII, aka The Duke of Windsor) in a makeshift canvas swimming pool while on board some ship during one of their tours, where rumor has it that they had an affair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2019 8:30 PM

And here's an interesting piece about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2019 4:20 PM

a was a real bitch who would rub her husband's nose in her affairs.

Louis "Dickie" Mountbatten was also a jerk. He was obsessed with dynasty-making, and arranged that his nephew Philip would be available so that Elizabeth, who was years younger, would fall in love with him as a teenager. He also kept trying to manipulate Charles into marrying a girl of his choosing, and when he died, Charles married Diana almost entirely because he thought she fit his adored Uncle Dickie's stipulated requirements (i.e. young, virginal, pretty, aristocratic, and demure).

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Yes, Louis was obsessed with status and power, and more than anything else, of creating a lasting legacy of status/power for his family beyond his lifetime. Can you imagine if he'd had a son? He would've been maniacal about it.

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2019 4:48 PM

Why do we need to discuss her OP? What has she done really besides being rich or being accidentally born to a couple of privileged breeders?

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2019 5:24 PM

I read somewhere that when Louis and Eddy vacationed in Germany after the war, they’d use Prinz und Prinzessin Von Battenburg, their rightful titles. No matter that George V made the family renounce them, the Kaiser never ratified that and in Germany it’s perfectly ok to use former princely titles as surnames.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2019 6:28 PM

That doesn't surprise me one bit, R10

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2019 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!