Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Cruise acting like a total bitch to the US Navy

The Navy officially denies it, but Facebook messages from crew members tell a different story....

[quote]Members of the US Navy are reportedly slamming actor Tom Cruise for alleged arrogant behavior on the set of his upcoming sequel, Top Gun: Maverick.

[quote]Tom Cruise is currently filming for this highly-anticipated follow-up to one of his most iconic roles from the original Top Gun film in 1986. In particular, Tom Cruise is filming on the USS Theodore Roosevelt and apparently, the crew has been ordered not to look at nor talk to the movie star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 17, 2019 1:52 AM

Scroll down for the Facebook posts.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 7:15 PM

I have seen Tom act this way before and he acts like a snotty, little teenage girl. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 7:19 PM

As one of them on ship tweeted, "He's a piece of shit". Well spoken.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2019 7:21 PM

You're not allowed to take pictures on any film set. You're also not allowed to talk to the film stars unless you're important.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]the crew has been ordered not to look at nor talk to the movie star

Because that worked so well for 'Eyes Wide Shut.'

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2019 7:24 PM

There's probably a respectful way of announcing that, R4, and "a piece of shit" kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2019 7:26 PM

There is a time for pictures and talking etc. Making movies is serious business and lots of $$ at stake. You can't have people taking pics with cell phones and leaking the plot of the movie...duh! And you can't distract the actor from his job by talking to him/her.

These are very common asks. not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Between himself and those sailors, it must have been a real MARY!-off.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2019 7:28 PM

I wonder if Tom will see some action with any of the sailors?!

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2019 7:34 PM

R7 But there's a polite way of asking for such requests and apparently Tom didn't do this. And telling people not to look at him is juvenile and ridiculous and a real star trip.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2019 7:36 PM

He's acting like an asshole? I am so surprised.

I've never seen Top Gun. Tom is about 55 now, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2019 7:36 PM

They need to shiv the little dwarf when they can catch his pussy ass alone. But I'm betting he's such a fraidycat he can't go anywhere he isn't protected by his security team. Little dripping cooze.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2019 7:37 PM

R11 He's going to be 57 this year and keeps on playing roles that are way too young for him.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Fraid cat

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2019 7:38 PM

Reminds me of how he was famously farted at when he tried to lecture the German crew on the set of "Valkyrie" about Nazism.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2019 7:38 PM

57 and still in the service...will there be some kind of geriatric love story? Hallmark won't even try that.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2019 7:40 PM

Tom's probably snippy that The Navy won't let him set up one if his 'real life' rescue missions, where the headlines will read "Tom Cruise is a real life Mavrick -- saves entire crew of USS Asskicker from Death".

I do so miss it when Tom just happened to be in the right place, at the right time with useful skills and his inhuman interest, so he could save lives in real life.

Totally legit, I'm sure!

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2019 7:46 PM

[quote] You're not allowed to take pictures on any film set.

Personally I totally get that so nobody leaks information that isn't supposed to leak (aka spoilers) whether deliberately or by accident by outsiders (uploading pics on their social media showing off).

It's the "don't look at me!" diva drama. Cruise, and the film set, is a guest and should act more respectful towards the locals / ship's crew. I mean they could've framed it as Tom and the production being busy to film all the scenes as fast as possible so they won't be a nuisance for long. And then Cruise's assistant sending a "muffin" basket or something to the crew or some other empty gesture at the end of the filming.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2019 7:56 PM

Actors have to stay in character, they can't have people looking at them, trying to make them laugh, talk to them etc. it's reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2019 7:58 PM

I had the same thought r15. And the DL thread was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2019 7:58 PM

It's not just that the crew can't take pictures. It sounds like they have been ordered to keep their phones locked up in their berthing while Cruise is on ship regardless of where he's filming. That's a major nuisance

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Tom is 55 and 5’ 5”. He towers over Miss Cavidge, though. Maybe the Navy ship will pull up along the Scientology ship. They can have a square off over whose uniforms are spiffier. Will Miss Cavidge pull an Operation Snow White and twirl around the Navy deck with Tom?

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Isn’t this more directly disrespectful to our service members than not standing for a flag?

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2019 8:00 PM

Bingo, R23!

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2019 8:02 PM

Give Tom a Code Red, sailors!!

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2019 8:03 PM

Tom has been controlled for several decades by evil scientology. This is his way of getting control back, albeit by being an entitled prick.. Can you imagine though, being a hot young man and scientology gets their creepy, brainwashing and ultimately evil hands on you and controls everything you do? And add closeted gay to the mix. Tom either sought them out to cure his homosexuality or they blackmailed him.

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2019 8:03 PM

It's for their own good. Tammy on that ship will all those young sexually-fluid seamen is a #MeToo catastrophe in the making.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2019 8:06 PM

[quote]Actors have to stay in character, they can't have people looking at them, trying to make them laugh, talk to them etc. it's reasonable.

Why are you suggesting Cruise is staying in character? Navy officers don't require that the enlisted ranks look away as they pass by in the cramped hallways of an aircraft carrier. They also aren't surrounded by a phalanx of bodyguards as they walk around the ship. Or take over the enlisted sailors' workout rooms without regard to their schedules and duties.

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Bitchy, bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2019 8:08 PM

How do we know it's not method acting? Maybe he's a major asshole in this movie?!

I can't wait to see the movie!

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2019 8:13 PM

We heard that Tammy was scoring a lot of military meat!

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2019 8:17 PM

Don't look at him! You will turn to stone!

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2019 8:24 PM

You’d never see such disrespectful behavior from Rick Schroder.

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2019 8:26 PM

Tammy said the sailors were acting too glib

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2019 8:27 PM

This reminds me of Cher on that aircraft carrier.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2019 8:34 PM

He's probably just nervous.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2019 8:42 PM

Would love that story, R15.

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2019 8:48 PM

he probably feels off his game around all those young sailors and it drives home the point whatever hotness he had is long gone.............I wish people would stop spending their $ to see a tom cruise movie and he would just fade away.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2019 11:07 PM

r35 at least Cher had a huge gun between her thighs.

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2019 11:13 PM

R7, I agree.

I was an extra in a period piece and we were all forbidden to take and post any pix of us in our costumes/wardrobe.

A few of us started taking pix with the understanding we wouldn't post them on social; someone tattled and the group got a stern talking to.

I have never ever posted the picture. The movie came out and quickly bombed.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2019 11:16 PM

R16, and he's playing a captain at that! Kids who saw this movie at 10 yrs old, when he was playing a LT, are Captains now. Guess the Navy needs a new recruiting tool...

by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2019 11:17 PM

Didn't Tammy learn anything from Cher? Granted, it was a video but the guys loved Cher.

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2019 11:23 PM

He was probably sundowning.

by Anonymousreply 43February 18, 2019 11:23 PM

Tammy is crazy as fuck but he is still hot. If you queens had a hubby who aged that well? Come on!

by Anonymousreply 44February 18, 2019 11:26 PM

R44, I'll let you know in 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2019 11:28 PM

I feel sorry for Tom, he is a millionaire and is used to dealing with glamorous stars.

Instead he is stuck with obvious overly-tatted red state trash.

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2019 11:34 PM

Team Seamen.

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2019 11:37 PM

He just foul because he's not getting top gun up his bum.

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2019 11:39 PM

Is this carrier docked somewhere or are they at sea? If they are at sea, Cruise would be to at least some degree - living at the mercy of the crew. Certainly, the food he eats, who cleans his cabin, how he moves around the carrier, it all takes cooperation with the crew. It would be insane to piss those people off!

If it is docked somewhere, he can leave it whenever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2019 11:43 PM

R49, Miss Cruise does not do trapped at sea.

by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2019 11:45 PM

I jacked off in his soup. He said it was delicious and asked for seconds.

by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2019 11:45 PM

Screw Tom. He should dis our hot sailors.

by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2019 11:48 PM

Tom Cruise is going to be 57 this July 3rd.

Hey you kids/sailors, get off my lawn!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote] We heard that Tammy was scoring a lot of military meat!

Stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2019 11:51 PM

Weird, because I've always heard Cruise is always nice to the crew. I never hear anything bad about him.. except doesn't he like to put up a tent to recruit people to the "church"?

Maybe one of the sailors told him and his "religion" to go fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2019 12:08 AM

[quote] Actors have to stay in character, they can't have people looking at them,

Oh, what fucking bullshit.

*cough* ENABLER!!! *cough*

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2019 12:13 AM

I was an extra during the filming of the last Mission Impossible in Paris, it's BS, we had large crowds looking at him filming the race and he enjoyed having an audience. We spend hours watching him doing stunts on his motorcycle, he clearly enjoyed himself. And no R55 he didn't have a tent to recruit for scientology and I don't think the studio would accept that. In France scientology is not welcome, they have been prosecuted for pushing 2 persons to commit suicide by pressuring them for money...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 14, 2019 6:07 PM

“were all forbidden to take and post any pix of us in our costumes/wardrobe...”

“A few of us started taking pix..”

What the hell, freak? You were told not to do that. So you want to be a low-class bum, then do it on your own property. I would have blackballed you from the industry.

You’re a disgusting piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 58March 14, 2019 6:22 PM

The only kind of 55 year-old Navy pilot there is, is "retired."

by Anonymousreply 59March 14, 2019 6:22 PM

If you read the FB posts, it’s clear that it all came from one rumor then it was exaggerated more and more from one post to the next.

The Navy is the one who said to lockup the phones and don’t interact with the guest. That was not coming from Cruise. You can see it snowball in all the garbage Facebook’s linked.

I think Cruise is an asshole, but the mob justice thing in this case is bullshit. They were intentionally exaggerating the situation.

by Anonymousreply 60March 14, 2019 6:26 PM

One of my family members was an extra in some of the scenes shot in San Diego. She said he was very nice to the extras and checked in on them regularly to make sure things were going smoothly. She did say the other younger main actor was a total dick though.

by Anonymousreply 61March 14, 2019 6:30 PM

I'm throwing a side-eye at this story. Cruise is the type who would go OUT OF HIS WAY to be friendly to the troops in his hyper-eager, cloying way.

Besides this story falsely claims that "In 2013, the actor made comments comparing his job as a professional actor to be just as, if not more intense than what troops in Afghanistan were going through."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 14, 2019 6:43 PM

Agree about it being bs.

However I do believe the deplorable types who go to the navy have been brainwashed and "thanked" for their "service" enough to expect even Tom Cruise to kiss their red state public high school-educated ass.

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2019 2:18 PM

The only character Tommy plays is Tom Cruise. It's not like it takes any concentration at this point for him to do that

by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2019 3:04 PM

I agree that I don't think Cruise was an asshole to these guys. I don't care for his cult religion persona, but all I've ever heard is that he treats people on sets very well. He's no diva.

by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2019 3:16 PM

He is playing a Naval Captain. 57 is reasonable for that age. (my fil was a Naval Captain, former pilot.)

by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2019 3:18 PM

F.Y.I.. CRUISE (and travolta) just attended a big ole SCIENTOLOGY CULTIE EVENT in florida this week! rare that both showed up at a cultie event since they have been m.i.a. from such events for a few years now! ole cult leader must be getting worried and rounding and shoring up the troops! amazing and sickening, that cruise finds/found time to take off of filming, shutting down production for a few days at the cost of how much to attend a butt kissing of his master, i mean his leader event, but yet couldn't schedule time to see SURI, who he hasn't seen in nearly 8 years now!

boycott this dead beat father and morally bankrupt cultie enabler p.o.s.!....

by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2019 3:24 PM

For R59:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2019 4:14 PM

I'm not Cruise fan, but those "He should have respect for ME because I am protecting his RIGHT to make a movie" comments make me want to vomit.

None of you motherfuckers in the military have protected any of my rights since World War II. You just weren't smart enough to get a real job.

by Anonymousreply 69March 16, 2019 4:49 PM

The Navy is willing to acquiesce to his demands because he’s an A list movie star making a movie about their fascist racist organization and making it look good. Top Gun was great free publicity for the Navy. No doubt that they hope that the sequel will do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 70March 16, 2019 5:02 PM

There could be another explanation. Maybe Cruise is liberal and anti-military? Like Ben Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 71March 16, 2019 5:14 PM

IKR, R69, flying a jet off the deck of a carrier or maneuvering a sub is no different from driving a Mini Cooper thru Silverlake to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, just turn the key in the ignition and steer the joystick thingy, whatevs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 17, 2019 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!