Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oscar Season: 2018 Movies, Part 12b

B because I can’t deal with the Rami obsessive who started “12” and had fun it into the ground with Rami references. We’re here to discuss film and the Oscars. Not what Rami had for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Be GONE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2019 5:25 PM

*has RUN it into the ground

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 4:22 AM

Thank you, OP! So, WGA awards were tonight? What do the results mean for the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 4:34 AM

This is a really fascinating article on where we are and how we got here - the Oscars could really be anyone’s to grab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2019 4:39 AM

After seeing the Favourite I've very confused as to why Olivia Colman is nominated as a lead and Emma Stone as supporting. Emma was the central character. Probably going to fuck them both over. Great movie

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2019 4:44 AM

I feel like there hasn’t been a year like this in a very long time, when there wasn’t a major sweep happening across the award shows. I would be more excited if I actually loved-loved most of the movies nominated, but the only one I mostly loved (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) only got 3 noms and probably won’t take home any — save maybe now best adapted screenplay. It really should’ve gotten best pic too. And it would’ve been nice to see Nicole nominated for Best Director. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2019 4:44 AM

R4 you’re probably right, but it likely selfishly came down to getting Emma in a category that she didn’t just win in (best supporting vs best actress) and I think the talk about Regina winning for Beale Street, they probably figured Olivia’s best chance would be Best Actress. Tho, I agree, it makes little sense. Emma is definitely lead in The Favourite, even if she’s playing a character hustling to become the favourite of the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2019 4:47 AM

I usually try to see all Oscar-nominated films for best picture but I have yet to see Black Panther and I just don’t know if I can. The only interesting angle imho are the costumes, I just can’t stand comic book movies.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2019 5:02 AM

If only...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2019 5:38 AM

INSIDER SCOOP = Bale is pulling ahead in the Best Actor category---Oscar voters are getting weary of the assumption of a Rami win..Viggo is also gaining steam.....MELISSA MCCARTHY is heating up in the Best Actress field.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2019 6:44 AM

R9 please god let it be so

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2019 6:54 AM

r9 Insider your head?

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2019 7:03 AM

I’m way-hyped for the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2019 5:08 PM

So, (drum roll) Ladies and Gentlemen, I will be chanteusing (that's singing) on the Oscars on Feb 24...the nominated song from "Mary Poppins"..."The Place Where Lost Things Go" ...so excited!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Knowing these producers, they'll probably set the In Memoriam to "Who Wants to Live Forever"

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2019 5:24 PM

We will rock The Oscars 😏

Feb 24th. 5pm PST. @TheAcademy @QueenWillRock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2019 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!