Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Susan Sarandon

Are there still any fans of Susan Sarandon left? Do people still enjoy her movies anymore? Was she ever considered a gay icon or did she ever have a gay following? Do you think she's taken any blame over the presidency of Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 49November 1, 2020 1:54 AM

[quote]Susan Sarandon

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 1:21 AM

She was right about Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 1:23 AM

Enjoyed Feud. But she was destined for that role. Will not watch anything else with her in it. She disgusts me and history will not be kind to her.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2019 1:30 AM

The Hunger

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2019 1:30 AM

Collaborator. Special place in hell.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2019 1:32 AM

Rocky Horror changed my life. It showed me a world beyond the small town values I was raised with. But I give Tim Curry credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2019 1:34 AM

I turn the channel when she appears. Self-important narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2019 1:34 AM

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2019 1:35 AM

I wonder who she'll vote for in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2019 1:36 AM

I liked that the year she presented Best Actor Oscar, she skipped the chit chat and immediately read the nominees. I wish they would all do that.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2019 1:38 AM

I really liked her in the Banger Sisters. She and Goldie had great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2019 1:40 AM

I liked her in “From Russia with Love,” “The Russia House” and , well you get the point.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2019 1:46 AM

She was a great lesbian icon because she played a sexy-female oriented character more than once back when that was edgy and transgressive. But she seems like a total bitch now and wont be anyone's favorite old kook until she recants all of her trumped up bernie-bros misogyny.

I think she will be readily welcome back if she actually apologizes and recants her eventual support for Trump over Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2019 1:48 AM

She’s been great in pretty much everything I’ve ever seen her in. Are some of you Hillary bots so hateful that you cannot stand that one single Hollywood star didn’t support your precious Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2019 1:50 AM

R14

Yup.

She was utterly vile and it totally ruined her for me. I think part of that is because her persona as a fairly cool person was such a big part of what made her good in the roles I remember her in that seeing her turn shrill, nasty and more than a little irrational really jumped out as cringeworthy. The strangest thing is that I really don't feel any loss over no longer kinda liking her. If Goldie or Sigourney Weaver suddenly took up the mantle of reactionary politically charged misogyny I think I would be more genuinely saddened.

But Bull Durham isn't really a movie I'd want to hunt down on netflix.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2019 2:04 AM

I love The Banger Sisters and Thelma & Louise but another favourite would be Anywhere But Here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2019 2:48 AM

She was wrong about Hillary Clinton, but just like R2, even when kids are dying at the border they will never admit that they were wrong in saying we are better off with Trump. How can you ever trust people like that or their ability to feel compassion?

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2019 2:52 AM

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2019 3:19 AM

I wonder if she is happy Bernie is running again.

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2019 5:09 PM

I'm done with her after shilling for the third party nut job. She knew it would either be Hillary or trump. I wonder what she thinks of trump or has she finally shut her fucking mouth.

by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2019 5:54 PM

Shes an ok actress. Not much range. But she didn't give a good performance as Bette Davis in Feud. She just didnt capture her assertiveness or her speech at all.

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2019 6:08 PM

Why so few votes for The Client?

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2019 6:12 PM

I recently watched Bull Durham and still could not see why the movie got a Criterion release. Tim Robbins is so ugly.

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2019 6:16 PM

Fuck that bitch

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2019 6:16 PM

She is going to be back supporting Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2019 6:23 PM

I enjoyed watching Ray Donovan hanging her after she pleaded for her life, very much.

by Anonymousreply 27February 20, 2019 6:27 PM

cuntiest cunt who ever cunted, hope she never works again and that she and nader burn in hell

by Anonymousreply 28February 20, 2019 7:59 PM

Fuck that Cunt for her 3rd party bullshit AND for creating the frau-iest frau to ever frau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2019 8:03 PM

She will be presenting at next week's Oscars

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2019 3:24 PM

Has Susan Sarandon cast her vote yet?

by Anonymousreply 31October 31, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote]Was she ever considered a gay icon or did she ever have a gay following?

She's very and actively PRO-gay.

Most of the top female entertainers in America have close gay friends, but how many speak up for us when the chips are down?

by Anonymousreply 32October 31, 2020 9:27 PM

Yes, I'm a fan of Susan Sarandon's movie work. I'm still here. I enjoyed her in many films and I do not think she takes on the same types of roles. I find her to take on a diverse selections of films. Still a fan.

by Anonymousreply 33October 31, 2020 9:28 PM

She has written in her name on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2020 9:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2020 9:30 PM

I'm a fan of her good looks and her ability to age really, really, well. She looks amazing for her age.

by Anonymousreply 36October 31, 2020 9:32 PM

I love her and she has no blame for Trump. Stop being an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 37October 31, 2020 10:09 PM

She was terrible in "Thelma and Louise" ("I can't drive through Texas! Don't ask me why!"). Also, kind of wimpy to not even attempt Bette Davis's voice. Maybe she knew she could not do it (the voice) justice, decided to not even try, but accepted the role, anyway.

I voted for "Dead Man Walking."

by Anonymousreply 38October 31, 2020 10:10 PM

I loved her in Bull Durham.

by Anonymousreply 39October 31, 2020 10:13 PM

I like her as an actress. She really annoyed me with her Hillary-bashing but I try to let go of those emotions when I'm watching someone on screen.

by Anonymousreply 40October 31, 2020 10:19 PM

I can still enjoy her performances despite her infuriating politics. I loved her in "Ray Donovan."

by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2020 10:25 PM

Atlantic City was an amazing movie and I still watch it every now and then. I can separate the actress from the real person and I do think SS was great in it. Other than that I hope I live long enough to spit on her grave!

by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2020 10:37 PM

White Palace is pure trash and I love it. Susie is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 43November 1, 2020 12:31 AM

She was far too old to play the lead in White Palace.

by Anonymousreply 44November 1, 2020 12:40 AM

No option for The Other Side of Midnight? Now there's a movie!

by Anonymousreply 45November 1, 2020 1:37 AM

Boys, now listen to me: I do not appreciate you attacking my dear friend Susan Sarandon. When you attack her, you are attacking me. Stop. It. Right. Now.

by Anonymousreply 46November 1, 2020 1:38 AM

IMO, Jessica Lang is not really a fave. There are a handful of posters who greatly admire her, though.

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2020 1:39 AM

J is most definitely a DL Fave, and there’s an E in her last name.

by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2020 1:46 AM

She lost me after "A World Apart," a long forgotten soap that also brought us Dorothy Lyman, Susan Sullivan, David Birney, Heather MacRae and Christine Baranski's husband, Billy-Clyde Tuggle.

"My name is Patrice Kahlman. No, that's not my name. I don't know who I am, and I hate myself. I hope someone finds out before it's too late."

by Anonymousreply 49November 1, 2020 1:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!