Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Officially Kicks Off Her Presidential Campaign

This woman is amazing, and her message is hitting all the right notes!

Democrats have a very strong field of Presidential candidates, and it's going to be a tough choice.

We just might elect our first female President in 2020!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 24, 2019 12:59 AM

I rarely agree with everything that a candidate says, and this is the first time that I do.

She is such a smart lady.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2019 4:36 PM

Corporations and lobbyists are going to try to destroy her.

Warren is a MAJOR threat to them.

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2019 4:37 PM

Love this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2019 4:37 PM

She's not accepting any PAC money. YES!

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2019 4:37 PM

Her official website....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2019 4:38 PM

I love the theme...

SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY!

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2019 4:38 PM

I like all of the female candidates. I hope one of them is the nominee because I am very tired of men.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2019 4:39 PM

MSNBC just used the perfect word to describe Elizabeth Warren: FEARLESS.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2019 4:39 PM

I'm for Kamala, but would not be disappointed if Elizabeth got the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2019 4:41 PM

I love that she didn't give a long, drawn out speech.

She got straight to the point, hit all of the highlights of her campaign - clearly and succinctly.

It's a mark of a very great thinker.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2019 4:42 PM

Elizabeth Warren officially kicking off her campaign with 9 to 5, Dolly Parton's empowering ode to working women, was a nice touch. Who doesn't love that song? #Warren2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2019 4:43 PM

R9 I watched both speeches.

I felt the same way that you did, originally.

However, Warren's message is much stronger, and she really understands what needs to be done in this country to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2019 4:44 PM

Harris = Surface appeal. Warren = substance

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2019 4:44 PM

Haha R11, coincidentally, 9 to 5 is airing today on TCM.

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2019 4:45 PM

SO much substance R13, and SO much common sense.

It's what Americans have been waiting to hear for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2019 4:46 PM

Great. Just great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2019 4:47 PM

What R13 and R15 said. Elizabeth is the real deal not a cover girl for Vogue.

[quote] Corporations and lobbyists are going to try to destroy her.

Then we the people are going to have to fight back so they don't.

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2019 4:48 PM

It is a great song and movie, R14! Dolly seems to have a broad fan base, too. Reaction on Twitter appears positive.

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2019 4:54 PM

I giggled when she mentioned the "Green New Deal," and immediately thought of AOC.

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2019 4:57 PM

R16 is just another triggered deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 20February 9, 2019 4:58 PM

You can re-watch the speech here.

It starts at the 1 hr 24 minute mark, if you want to jump forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2019 5:01 PM

I’m not the biggest fan but she’s the real deal in terms of progressive messages and substantive accomplishments. Bernie is a lot of hot air and ego.

by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2019 5:06 PM

I would love to see a Warren/Harris 2020 Presidential ticket.

That would be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2019 5:21 PM

I'm curious to see who Obama throws his support behind.

His dear friend Kamala, or his former staffer Warren?

I know that he likes both of them, but I would think that he agrees with Warren more.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Absolutely, R23!

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2019 5:22 PM

I love Elizabeth Warren. She's a bad ass fighter. I say this, but I also say that my bottom line is: I want a winner. No matter who it is, I want the best candidate to beat Trump. I'm not sure if that person is Warren. I hate Trump. He's a con man, a fraud and a a criminal, and we must get rid of him. We are living through a national disgrace. Trump must be defeated. So if that's Warren--great! If it's Kamala Harris--that's great too. If it's Joe Biden, then I'm for Biden. I just want a winner. Warren has the reputation of being polarizing. We shall see. I want a winner.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2019 5:34 PM

Also R11, maybe a sly bit of shade over Trump's supposed workday schedule?

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2019 5:36 PM

I was enjoying her Wall Street bashing until she used their favorite lie. She says "rich & powerful" OPPOSE mass immigration. HA! Immigration is all profit to them.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2019 5:41 PM

She looks a nice old lady.

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2019 5:44 PM

the only thing she's kicking is a dead horse.

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2019 5:47 PM

There’s something stolid and literal-minded about her—probably due to her Oklahoma roots. We need a nimble, engaged candidate who can give it right back to Trump with intelligence and humor.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote] Warren has the reputation of being polarizing

Probably because she tells the truth, and they don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2019 6:03 PM

Honestly, I think Trump brings out the worst in her. She tries to clap back at him, but it falls very flat.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2019 6:09 PM

Obama is not going to endorse anyone in the primary r24.

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2019 6:11 PM

Biden had better hurry up.

The field is becoming much more crowded, and he's going to be overshadowed by them.

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2019 6:15 PM

Comes across as the bitchy dried up 5th grade teacher you hated. Full of shit. She IS the 1%...very rich old woman. Too old, unsexy, blowhard, fake ethnicity. A nom for her is a GUARANTEED REPUBLICAN WIN! We must find someone better. If you think she is smart, you are riding the short bus, stop grasping at straws. Next!

by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2019 6:19 PM

Thank you for chiming in, Donald DUMP at R36.

We know you're scared. We can smell the fear emanating from your post.

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2019 6:23 PM

her racist bric-à-brac is problematic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2019 6:25 PM

R37 are you the lead on the short bus? How dumb are u? I am NOT A TRUMP FAN. Trying to get it thru your brain that only has dick on 24/7 that we need a smarter, less cunt candidate.

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2019 6:28 PM

We need more women like Elizabeth Warren and less like AOC.

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2019 6:39 PM

I just finished watching Elizabeth's speech. It was smart to bookmark it with two Queens.

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2019 6:44 PM

Great speech as well!

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2019 6:47 PM

R24 obama won't do anything

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2019 6:49 PM

What Warren lacks in showmanship, she more than makes up for in substance.

I much prefer substance.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2019 6:51 PM

I personally like her and a lot of her views, but I don’t think she’d beat Dump and that’s all I care about now. I wish this country wasn’t as ass backward as it is, but men and even white women LOVE to bend over backwards to justify not voting for a woman candidate. Some will deem her too liberal, we will be hearing about the stupid Native American shit forever and she’s prob too smart and “elite” for the hillbillies in half this country.

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2019 6:52 PM

I share her beliefs pretty much across the board, but I do have a really hard time knowing that she used her supposed Native American heritage to get a step up over other people. Checking that box is designed to help truly disenfranchised people balance the scales just a little more, and Warren didn't need that. She grew up with all the advantages of a being a middle class (upper middle class) white woman. It just seems sneaky, deceptive, and self-serving. So while I agree with her about most things, I just can't get past her self-serving actions. Integrity is important. We need someone with the integrity of an Obama. Our shitstain in the office now shows just how important integrity is.

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2019 6:54 PM

How!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2019 7:01 PM

"I would love to see a Warren/Harris 2020 Presidential ticket."

So would President Trump.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Nah, the Texas Bar Registration Form killed her. And you can be sure she used that on a lot of other forms. Graduates of U of Houston and Rutgers don't get jobs at Harvard unless there's an affirmative action angle.

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2019 7:03 PM

She needs to wear different glasses, the current ones make her look older.

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2019 7:07 PM

Remember he song from "Annie Get Your Gun" all you musical trollers.

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2019 7:10 PM

I am a white woman. I will do everything I can to help the nominee out if it is a woman. I will still vote Dem (unless it is Bernie Sanders) if it happens to be a man but reluctantly. Words can not accurately describe how FUCKING TIRED I am of men, and I am not only woman who thinks like this.

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2019 7:12 PM

The funny thing about R16 's picture is that Iron Eyes Cody was Italian.

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2019 7:19 PM

[quote]She grew up with all the advantages of a being a middle class (upper middle class) white woman.

She grew up in a solid working-class family.

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2019 7:26 PM

Sorry. I meant to put a question mark after upper middle class, because I wasn't sure. She was still able to go to college and go to law school despite her family's on-again, off-again struggle. It was in advancing her career (not getting an education) that she falsified her race (knowingly or unknowingly).

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2019 7:35 PM

You need to just stop posting about Elizabeth Warren R55 since you don't know shit about her.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Transformative!

A true woman of the people!

She drinks beer like a nearly human.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2019 7:39 PM

does she know her husband is a queer ball?

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2019 7:45 PM

I know I'll get trashed for saying this, but hen Clinton lost in 2016 I thought that the voters failed her, not the other way around. I hope that people don't fail smart, hardworking, well meaning candidates for 2020. Warren has been a great public servant and she deserves our support.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2019 7:46 PM

but WHEN Clinton lost

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2019 7:47 PM

Yeah Elizabeth Warren is not Donald. She was not born with a rich daddy who gave her everything, she had a everyday American middle class upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2019 7:47 PM

Liz's Native American name is: Plays Fast and Loose with the Truth.

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2019 7:52 PM

No one with a brain cares about your juvenile bullshit, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2019 7:54 PM

Warren told whoppers about being a native. She knew they were lies. She's not a total idiot. There is a big difference between vaguely claiming you had some native ancestors and writing out on an official document: Race: American Indian. There is NO getting around that.

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2019 7:55 PM

Corporatists of every stripe will be out to get her, any how. They'll goad people into thinking any and everything from her bullshit Native American thing to her age - EXCEPT the one thing that poses the greatest danger to them: her message.

Personally I'd like to see Warren and the AOC freshmen team up.

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2019 7:55 PM

I just don't understand how anyone, including her, honestly believes she has any shot of being the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2019 7:56 PM

No one likes a phony. No matter what she and Harvard say, people just know that she used the “American Indian” angle to become an affirmative action hire.

She was so bold that she didn’t even put “Caucasian/American Indian” on the form . Them are some cojones.

Fauxcahontas Liawatha dug her own grave.

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2019 7:57 PM

R66

You didn't read DL in the run up to President Hillary Clinton's 99%-likely victory, obviously....

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2019 7:58 PM

I believe she is good but I do not think she can win. I think Sherrod Brown could win.

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2019 8:01 PM

The mindset of dumb people. Elizabeth Warren has done more to fight for the real Americans against corporate interests than nearly any other politician.

But yes, juvenile native american jokes!!! Ignore the fact she actually wants to help middle class. Keep sucking the dick of Trump and while he cuts taxes for the rich and works completely against your own interest. Man, it astounds me how completely the white working class consistently vote against their own interests.

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2019 8:02 PM

She is an ultimate failure. Her Insta "beer"video was painfully scripted -- ("Oh, hi honey!" all surprised, like she didn't know her husband was coming into the kitchen while the camera rolled). And yet right in the background she has a pickaninny eating watermelon on her bid-a-brac shelf? Are you kidding me? She and her staff are IDIOTS. And those Lawrence working-stiff extras in the kick-of video, they're dressed like they just came off the set of "The Friends of Eddie Coyle." That town only sees her once every election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2019 8:03 PM

R70, Americans don’t vote with their brains anymore. She’s dead in the water already. Wake up! She’ll fail miserably against dump truck!

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2019 8:04 PM

I believe Kamala should step aside, even though she is probably more electable.

But the thing is, people hated Hillary for no good reason, they will hate Elizabeth even more.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2019 8:04 PM

R73 they hate her already. Trump will have a good laugh and Pocahontas will be crushed. America needs a YOUNG leader. Step aside baby boomers, TIMES UP!

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote] Warren told whoppers about being a native. She knew they were lies.

You don't know that, but since you don't want a Democrat in the White House you will claim that as a fact.

[quote][R70], Americans don’t vote with their brains anymore. She’s dead in the water already.

She will bring good ideas to the Democratic primaries. She will also take away from Sanders' message as an independent.

[quote]Wake up! She’ll fail miserably against dump truck!

Aren't you jumping ahead a bit? Who says she'll be a Democratic nominee?

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2019 8:10 PM

It's so easy to distract people from the real issues that warren brings. A Democracy of Dunces.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2019 8:10 PM

Fauxcahontas

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2019 8:11 PM

[quote][R73] they hate her already. Trump will have a good laugh and Pocahontas will be crushed. America needs a YOUNG leader. Step aside baby boomers, TIMES UP!

Again, you are jumping ahead of yourself, R72. Warren is here to deliver an important message.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2019 8:12 PM

R70, which USA do you live in? The one I live in has the large majority of Americans much more concerned about things about e-mails and lying about your cultural background for personal gain than they do about ideas. Besides, she has a horrible personality and speaking voice.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote] Fauxcahontas

The faux bullshit doesn't matter, R77. When she says that "the trump administration is the most corrupt in living memory" she's saying what the majority of Americans are thinking. Expect every single Democratic nominee to say the same.

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2019 8:14 PM

"the trump administration is the most corrupt in living memory"

More corrupt than the Clintons?

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2019 8:17 PM

That DNA test she took and posted is what disqualifies her for me. She let Trump's "Pocahontas" jibe get under the skin. She was trolled and rattled and did the DNA test which blew up in her face. Sure, she's well versed in policy and has some great proposals. But she doesn't have it what it takes to be a successful candidate to take down Trump. She should stay in the Senate, and if the Democrats take the White House in 2020, then she would be a fine cabinet official.

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote][R70], which USA do you live in? The one I live in has the large majority of Americans much more concerned about things about e-mails and lying about your cultural background for personal gain than they do about ideas.

I would have agree with you two years ago, but I think things have changed.

[quote]Besides, she has a horrible personality and speaking voice.

I hope that those who call themselves progressive will be less petty and less prone to insults of your kind.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2019 8:17 PM

[quote]"the trump administration is the most corrupt in living memory"

[quote]More corrupt than the Clintons?

I guess you like having Putin's puppet as your POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2019 8:18 PM

Posts by ignored poster 193 Sen. Elizabeth Warren Officially Kicks Off Her Presidential Campaign

[quote]Fauxcahontas

--"the trump administration is the most corrupt in living memory"

[quote]More corrupt than the Clintons?

Just a heads up. This is a liberal forum. Your anti-Democrat posts will be referred to in all the threads you participate.

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2019 8:19 PM

R84, no I loathe Trump. But the Clintons were also a couple of criminals.

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2019 8:20 PM

R85, I thought you Americans believed in the First Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]R84, no I loathe Trump. But the Clintons were also a couple of criminals.

Funny how as "criminals" they were never prosecuted.

Anyone who has the urge to bring in the Clintons into a thread that has nothing to do with them, and who equals them with Trump is probably not an informed Democrat. If a Democrat at all.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote]R85, I thought you Americans believed in the First Amendment.

Your trolling has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2019 8:24 PM

The corporatists have been successful to judge from these trivializing posts. Let's hope Warren stays out there and on message. Maybe things will change then.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2019 8:24 PM

R89 - I guess your definition of a troll is someone you disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2019 8:26 PM

...who disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2019 8:29 PM

[quote]R89 - I guess your definition of a troll is someone you disagrees with you.

No, dear. A troll is someone who may not even be an American, and whose sole contribution to a thread is to shriek: Fauxcahontas! and The Clintons as criminal as Trump!

But now that you are here, your own words will follow in other threads.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2019 8:30 PM

Whoever wins should toss her a bone... like Secretary of Labor.

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2019 8:32 PM

Thank goodness I don't live in the USA.

Your presidents, whether Democrat or Republican, are the most corrupt in the Western World. Nixon, the Bushes, Clinton, Trump...

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2019 8:34 PM

No candidate scares the 1% more than Warren does.

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2019 8:36 PM

R93, are you Huma Abedin?

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2019 8:38 PM

R83, your optimism about a change in the American electorate is noble but very misplaced.

Just like HRC ultimately had no one but herself to blame for making her e-mails a deadly issue (when all she really had to do was not use her own server), Warren has no one but herself to blame for making inappropriate claims about her heritage. Literally everything else will get drowned out, not that she is/was the best choice other than that either.

She's toast.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2019 8:43 PM

AOC would be more likely to succeed than that old frau Warren.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2019 8:45 PM

Oh God, that beer video. Even I thought it was cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2019 8:45 PM

[quote][R83], your optimism about a change in the American electorate is noble but very misplaced.

I guess we shall see, won't we?

[quote] Just like HRC ultimately had no one but herself to blame for making her e-mails a deadly issue (when all she really had to do was not use her own server), Warren has no one but herself to blame for making inappropriate claims about her heritage. Literally everything else will get drowned out, not that she is/was the best choice other than that either.

If you can't see to which extent the media contributes to the unnecessary drama in politics, which distracts from real political and economical issues, than you won't agree with anything I say. Which is OK. It's the drama over emails and the money-making drama over Trump scandals that shaped the 2016 election.

[quote]She's toast.

Well, she just announced her candidacy, so apparently not. I am glad that we got another solid Democratic voice in this year's contest towards the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2019 8:47 PM

She'd do well to drop that holier-than-thou tone.

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2019 8:47 PM

[quote] America needs a YOUNG leader

Not if they're anything like AOC. Way too immature.

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2019 8:51 PM

At least AOC isn't phoney, privileged, upper class and white.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2019 8:55 PM

[quote]At least AOC isn't phoney, privileged, upper class and white.

Well, she's not white, at least.

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2019 9:09 PM

R83/R101, I'm not at all disagreeing with you that "...the media contributes to the drama in politics which distracts from real political and economic issues...". It's all a television show. It's the ultimate "reality" TV. The point is, that IS our reality now. To ignore it and think that it isn't or that it doesn't have influence is naïve. You'd be better served facing the reality that you know exists and figure out how to best deal with it. My way would be to have a winning candidate who can excel at that reality. That isn't Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2019 9:12 PM

I was just about to type the same thing, R105.

AOC is from Chappaqua, where the Clintons live.

[quote] Nationwide, Chappaqua ranks 42nd among the 100 highest-income places in the United States (with at least 1,000 households). In 2008, CNNMoney listed Chappaqua fifth in their list of "25 top-earning towns." Chappaqua 2007 estimated median household income was $198,000

Talk about a phony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2019 9:15 PM

Too screechy and shrill. Next.

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2019 9:20 PM

AOC has a nicer smile than Warren.

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2019 9:25 PM

Though Warren looks better in elasticated slacks.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2019 9:29 PM

She has zero chance because she didn't own her mistake on her ancestry from the beginning. Washington Post publishing her Texas bar registration card in which she wrote in her own handwriting "American Indian" was the nail in her coffin.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2019 9:36 PM

This isnt a comment on her qualifications or policies, and it is in fact a very superficial comment, but I cannot stand her voice.

I don't even know why, but the tenor, or inflections, or something just makes it nails on the chalkboard to me. She is the Mary Hart to my Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2019 9:43 PM

I’m sorry but she sounds just like Hillary and I love and supported Hillary. But Hillary had an upper hand thanks to experience and name recognition, something Elizabeth doesn’t have. Elizabeth stands absolutely no chance. She won’t even be chosen as VP. This is a joke of a candidacy. She’s a walking punch line. Image is everything in politics. Substance means very little. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2019 9:50 PM

[quote] Elizabeth Warren cheers AOC's Green New Deal, calls for an 'ultra millionaires tax', calls Trump bigoted and says climate change means 'our existence is at stake' as she launches 2020 presidential run

At least she had the good sense to pay homage to the true leader of the party.

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2019 10:20 PM

Dried up ranting insane old RICH cunt, looks like a low class dyke shopping at target.

We NEED someone who is ELECTABLE. Not nut jobs.

Supporting Warren equals votes for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2019 10:24 PM

What's wrong with lower class lesbians who shop at Target?

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2019 10:30 PM

The fact that this thread is packed with stealth right wing political workers pretending to be Democrats opposing Warren is a strong indication of how much they fear her. They should. She's going to call them out at every turn.

Expect this in every Warren thread you see from now on. I am with her 100%.

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2019 10:37 PM

[quote] looks like a low class dyke shopping at target.

OMG she does!

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2019 10:37 PM

I was there today. I am still undecided, but I found her very inspiring and agree with her platform 100%. Her choice of Lawrence was inspired, and her speech drew the analogy between worker reform and our challenges today perfectly. She's got good writers. R71-she was here immediately after the gas explosions/fires last September. I believe she's authentic-as much as any politician can be.

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2019 10:39 PM

Or, R117. maybe YOU'RE the stealth right wing political worker, pretending to be a Democrat supporting her so that the Dems will lose.

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2019 10:40 PM

@ R118 . Same to you Ann Coulter !

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2019 10:40 PM

R117, I'm no right wing political worker pretending to be a Democrat. I live in a very red state and have never voted for a Republican in my life and, because of the stupid Electoral College, my personal vote has never counted towards electing a president even once and almost certainly never will. Please resist writing like one of those idiotic Trumpster conspiracy loons. It really is possible for good Democrats to not be on board with Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2019 10:42 PM

@R122. If you are a Democrat then you are a Democrat who is too dumb to know that you are reinforcing right wing trolls who are attacking not just Elizabeth Warren , but many of the reforms that she and other Democrats advocate for. Wake up, stooge !

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2019 10:56 PM

R120, we will lose with Elizabeth Warren. Stop insulting posters who disagree with you. There are quite a number of other terrific, qualified candidates who don't have the stink of cultural appropriation on their resumes.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2019 10:57 PM

I prefer Warren over Harris.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2019 10:59 PM

The first Democratic debate is in June and at least twelve are planned before the primary. Six of these debates are to be held this year and if the number of candidates is too large for one debate, there will be two on consecutive nights in the same place. I'll wait until these start to even think about who I like.

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2019 11:08 PM

Ain’t happenin

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2019 11:09 PM

At this point I prefer Warren over any of the other running candidates. Maybe someone better will decide to run, but right how I think Warren has what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2019 1:11 AM

I don't find her particularly likable. NEXT

by Anonymousreply 129February 10, 2019 1:13 AM

If she starts hard on the campaign trail and relentlessly holds stump speech type rallies she could surprise everyone. She needs to stay on point, again, relentlessly. For her first three to four months she just needs to go around the media and directly to the people. Storming the interior and swing states than moving on to early voting states. To the people. To the people. To the people. She just might do it.

by Anonymousreply 130February 10, 2019 1:26 AM

In other words: stay the fuck out of Boston, New York, and CA for a couple months. Get back to OK.

by Anonymousreply 131February 10, 2019 1:27 AM

She’s absolutely perfect for the role of Old Scold, but not president. She needs to stay in her lane with other harpies and harridans.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2019 1:32 AM

If most of the people posting in this thread are Democrats than she, along with other female candidates, will not have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2019 1:37 AM

She can write the policies, but let someone else deliver on them. She just doesn't comes across as Presidential.

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2019 1:41 AM

I mean Warren out and out lied. She isn't a native, her freaking mother wasn't (pics of her online - a blue-eyed blonde with fair skin). She knew these were lies and still she used a lie on an official document. It doesn't strike you guys that she appears to be a pathological liar like Trump?

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2019 1:44 AM

R129 = Obama

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2019 1:44 AM

She’d win two states. Democrats can’t be THIS suicidal, can they??!

by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2019 1:46 AM

She was incredibly attractive when she was younger. Well weren't we all? She was really pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2019 1:47 AM

They're the same people who didn't vote for Clinton in 2016, R133. Or say they voted for but still say that Clinton was just "the lesser of two evils".

by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2019 1:47 AM

It will be a campaign trail of tears.

by Anonymousreply 140February 10, 2019 1:50 AM

She's still attractive.

by Anonymousreply 141February 10, 2019 1:52 AM

[quote]She’d win two states. Democrats can’t be THIS suicidal, can they??!

According to the Politico/Morning Consult poll, 61% of Americans support her wealth tax proposal - her signature issue. That includes half of Republicans. She's in a pretty strong position on the issues.

by Anonymousreply 142February 10, 2019 1:53 AM

Already blocked eight cunts in this thread.

Pro tip: racist Injun jokes are just going to boost her support.

by Anonymousreply 143February 10, 2019 1:57 AM

She looked like Lyndsay Wagner. I wonder if she tried to claim she was bionic. JUST KIDDING. JUST KIDDING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 10, 2019 2:17 AM

Oh no. I never looked up a picture of her parents. Wow. How did she get family folklore out of this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 10, 2019 2:25 AM

I like Liz. But I’m afraid this country is not ready to elect a woman yet

by Anonymousreply 146February 10, 2019 2:38 AM

R138 no not attractive EVAH. Has that cunty mouth of her mother, the mouth that bitches, bitches, bitches constantly. The mouth that loathes men. The mouth that secretly desires snatch but is too chicken shit to pursue it. The mouth that is constantly finding fault. The mouth of the Dr. Smith character ftom the old lost in space.

by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2019 9:20 AM

R136 = Kellyanne

by Anonymousreply 148February 10, 2019 2:57 PM

She reminds me of my granny

by Anonymousreply 149February 10, 2019 3:24 PM

Phony phony phony FAKE INDIAN!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 10, 2019 3:40 PM

I love her. I like her ideas and I believe she's sincere. But I don't think she's presidential material. Not that Trump is, but there are others out there who can adopt her positions, win, and be far more popular than she would be, thereby making success more likely. She should be in the Senate for life, however. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 151February 10, 2019 3:44 PM

"The Indians said that Liz was white by law, she said 'forget it' I'm an Indian squaw!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 10, 2019 3:46 PM

Some of the post here are quite ignorant. Doubtful many could identify a Native American standing in line with others. And there are black people that no one would know they are black. I know I grew up believing certain things about my family and have no reason not to believe it. She just needs to say her parents were misinformed and they passed that misinformation onto her and move on.

by Anonymousreply 153February 10, 2019 4:04 PM

Your Dem messiah has yet to emerge to the battle

by Anonymousreply 154February 10, 2019 4:06 PM

Well that option is long gone R153. Maybe five to ten years ago it would have been enough but not now.

by Anonymousreply 155February 10, 2019 4:06 PM

When we were young we used to fold the land o'lakes indian girls knees up to make tits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 10, 2019 4:08 PM

[R153] I take it you go by the "one drop" rule. Very progressive.

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2019 4:16 PM

It's going to be fun to watch Pocahontas or whoever the Dem nominee will be stand next to Trump and explain to voters why the "income inequality" they're decrying is worst in the very strongholds where they enjoy one-party rule (New York City, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, et al).

by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]Your Dem messiah has yet to emerge to the battle

Thanks for sharing, Oleg. I know prepositions are the most difficult to get right in English, so talk to your troll farm supervisor. One emerges FROM the battle, not "to".

by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2019 4:36 PM

[R159] Accusing a Dem critic of being a Russian troll - how original for DL! And you're probably just fantasy-driven enough to believe it. Or pretend to.

by Anonymousreply 160February 10, 2019 4:41 PM

Brad Parscale's hired a shitload of new trolls for twitter. Looks like some of them are on here too. Though their attacks against Warren are nothing compared to their non-stop trashing of Beto. Beto really scares Parscale and this El Paso event has got him very worried.

by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2019 4:45 PM

I love how passionate she is when she talks about the issues, she really breaks it down.

by Anonymousreply 162February 10, 2019 4:52 PM

[R161] Beto is "scary"? LOL You are too funny. Trump isn't afraid of Beto or Pocahontas or Kamala or Joe or Bernie or any of the others in the Dems' big-top gallery of hypocritical clowns.

by Anonymousreply 163February 10, 2019 4:56 PM

[quote]It's going to be fun to watch Pocahontas or whoever the Dem nominee will be stand next to Trump and explain to voters why the "income inequality" they're decrying is worst in the very strongholds where they enjoy one-party rule (New York City, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, et al).

This is a stupid statement. Mayors aren't in a position to decide federal economic policy or tax policy. There's only so much you can do at the municipal level if it's offset by federal policy.

Better trolls please.

by Anonymousreply 164February 10, 2019 5:05 PM

If only the Dems could bring back Barry Bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 10, 2019 5:07 PM

[R164] You're the one who's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 166February 10, 2019 5:08 PM

She has no appeal.

by Anonymousreply 167February 10, 2019 5:15 PM

I hope the Dems realize that anyone who endorsed Alexandria OC's blueprint to turn the U.S. into Venezuela (the "New Green Deal") is toast. All Trump needs to do is hammer on that constantly and any Dem loses. True to form, they went with something trendy (and supremely stupid) while not realizing they were signing their political death warrant.

by Anonymousreply 168February 10, 2019 5:37 PM

R163 does Parscale pay in Dollars or Rubles?

by Anonymousreply 169February 10, 2019 6:02 PM

The trolls are getting frisky ! Apparently they are expecting to receive their latest shipment of rubles quite soon.

by Anonymousreply 170February 10, 2019 6:07 PM

I’m sooooo EXCITED about this! She just gave us another 4 years of the best president we’ve had in ages! Thanks Chief.

by Anonymousreply 171February 10, 2019 6:12 PM

R171, I just hope you are here in 2020 when trump becomes an ugly part of history, nothing less or more. We will have a Democratic POTUS in two years, that's guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 172February 10, 2019 6:37 PM

I'm more inclined to support whomever Obama doesn't endorse...who needs 8 more years of centerist, "When they go low, we go high" bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 173February 10, 2019 6:45 PM

[R173] Will the new Dem "lead from behind" like Barry Bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 174February 10, 2019 6:49 PM

I really like her substance, and agree with her on just about everything. But she has demonstrated that she can't play the game against Trump. If we could combine Warren's substance and Kamala's moxy, we'd be set.

by Anonymousreply 175February 10, 2019 6:53 PM

Agree, R175. At the very least, Warren should take voice lessons from Kamala.

And perhaps make-up and style lessons as well.

by Anonymousreply 176February 10, 2019 6:55 PM

I'd vote for Pocahontas if her tits were really huge.

by Anonymousreply 177February 10, 2019 6:57 PM

Just to add to my post at r175, how will she respond at the debates when Trump calls her Pocahontas? Because you know he will. It's her Achilles heel, and it's a huge one. Instead of changing the narrative, she chased him with the DNA stuff.

by Anonymousreply 178February 10, 2019 6:58 PM

Separated at birth . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 10, 2019 7:15 PM

Duh, R179. Separated at birth . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 10, 2019 7:23 PM

Buttigeig or bust!

IDGAF I just want to see a cute, gay, Rhodes scholar in office.

by Anonymousreply 181February 10, 2019 7:25 PM

Can't stand the woman. She has that chicken-ass mouth so typical of disapproving 'progressive' college professors.

by Anonymousreply 182February 10, 2019 7:39 PM

R182 Trump 2020 thanks to fine candidates like Warren and the other looney tune Harris.

by Anonymousreply 183February 10, 2019 7:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 10, 2019 8:07 PM

Does she only own one outfit?

by Anonymousreply 185February 10, 2019 8:09 PM

[R184] Would it be possible to substitute mayonnaise with Miracle Whip?

by Anonymousreply 186February 10, 2019 8:13 PM

Is it true that she tried to adopt an Indian baby in 1991 and pass it off as a Native American relation of hers?

by Anonymousreply 187February 10, 2019 8:15 PM

R187 yes that is true.

by Anonymousreply 188February 10, 2019 8:18 PM

Where did the Cherokee get crabs?

by Anonymousreply 189February 10, 2019 9:29 PM

[R180] Freddy Mercury?

by Anonymousreply 190February 10, 2019 9:35 PM

I love R182 and R183. Unless the low information people vote in droves, because of the dumbocrats profound stupidity and support of loser concepts, you WILL have another Republican president. And watch your back for Rasheeda and Omar. They would throw you off a building in a N.Y. minute. Don't quote some insipid article saying their kind loves queers. Foolish girls on here.

by Anonymousreply 191February 10, 2019 9:41 PM

I thought my grandma was of Italian Jewish decent, because that's what the family story was, everyone believed it. Then a cousin started tracing the family tree and discovered the olive skin and frizzy black hair come from a Jamacan convict one one side and an aboriginal woman on the other. In their native Tasmania my great grandparents were discriminated against for being "black". So when they moved to Sydney they just changed their ethnicity.

Up until then I'd happily tell people my "Jewish" ancestory.

Lots of families have stories like this.

by Anonymousreply 192February 10, 2019 9:57 PM

Madame President. Better get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 193February 10, 2019 10:01 PM

It might be Madame President but it isn't going to be Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 194February 10, 2019 10:03 PM

Three years into the Trump presidency has proven that Dem claims that he’s “Hitler” are simply a hysterical reaction to losing power. People like Meryl Streep and Robert DeNiro are upset that they’re not dining on “Tomato Mayonnaise Crab Cakes” with Hillary Clinton at state dinners. The historically high minority employment rates under Trump speak for themselves. A certain sliver of black males identify with and admire Tump in ways way that Pocahontas and Kamala never will. Same for Hispanic men. He’s looking forward nevitsble at this point.

by Anonymousreply 195February 10, 2019 10:04 PM

[quote] I thought my grandma was of Italian Jewish decent.... Then a cousin started tracing the family tree and discovered the olive skin and frizzy black hair...

Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 196February 10, 2019 10:25 PM

Sorry to disappoint, but there will not be a new POTUS until 2024.

by Anonymousreply 197February 10, 2019 10:33 PM

I feel sorry of all of the 60-yr old white women donating to her campaign . . . it's just going to buy the 2d house of some political consultant. She can't win. The Texas Bar card where she claimed to be Native Amer ends her chances.

by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2019 10:35 PM

Many in Massachusetts have never forgiven her for ending Scott Brown's Senate career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 10, 2019 10:42 PM

She's super smart and super honest. We'd be amazingly fortunate as a country if she won

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2019 10:44 PM

I'd agree with super smart.

by Anonymousreply 201February 10, 2019 10:45 PM

Univ of Houston and Rutgers Law? Not super-smart. She got the position at Harvard Law because she ticked the Native Amer box.

by Anonymousreply 202February 10, 2019 10:51 PM

I just hope they don't find a server in her teepee.

by Anonymousreply 203February 10, 2019 10:52 PM

I heard she deleted 30,000 smoke signals.

by Anonymousreply 204February 10, 2019 10:59 PM

What R202 said. She's basically a grifter

by Anonymousreply 205February 10, 2019 11:02 PM

R204 LOL

by Anonymousreply 206February 10, 2019 11:34 PM

R202 true. I'm thinking more is going to emerge. No way would the snobs of Harvard hire a U Houston/Rutgers grad.

by Anonymousreply 207February 10, 2019 11:46 PM

Why didn't she just say she mistakenly checked the wrong box?

by Anonymousreply 208February 10, 2019 11:48 PM

There was no box R208, she wrote it in.

by Anonymousreply 209February 10, 2019 11:49 PM

R209 Yeah. I gave her a pass till then - even after Trevor Noah revealed she had contributed the recipe to PowWowChow.

She was 40 and filling out an official form - and outright lied. If she didn't think she was lying, she's a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 210February 10, 2019 11:58 PM

Still, without the Russiapublicans sifting through her rubbish bins for kompromat, it would never have been discovered or bothered with.

Interesting that this is all they could come up with; it's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. But they'll talk it up relentlessly until she's disqualified.

They must be really threatened by her.

by Anonymousreply 211February 11, 2019 1:01 AM

Hillary’s got to be laughing her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 212February 11, 2019 1:08 AM

R211 it was the WaPo that dug up the Texas Bar Registration. They no doubt will continue digging. Warren was working at UT Austin as a law professor and left claiming it was because her husband didn't get tenure. There are probably some issues there.

by Anonymousreply 213February 11, 2019 1:13 AM

So, R211, you believe that lying in general is "insignificant?" Especially over something perceived to get her self an advantage via heritage? I take it that you don't forgive Drumpf's lying. I certainly don't, and I don't excuse her either.

by Anonymousreply 214February 11, 2019 1:14 AM

Speaking of Hillary - it seems she has been very quiet lately - did the DNC ask her to be quiet? it will be interesting who she supports. Will she stay behind the scenes until the convention and then throw her support 100% behind the nominee?

by Anonymousreply 215February 11, 2019 1:16 AM

I think she's in hospice.

by Anonymousreply 216February 11, 2019 1:19 AM

I love the PowWow reveal.

As a complete tangent, Gov Ralph Black Face Northam will stay in the job and dedicate himself to racial equality - "so much work still to be done we've discovered" - by "reading Roots" by Alex Haley. I kid you not.

You all know Roots was plagiarized and Haley paid out HUGE for that.

We live in very insincere political times.

(ML King's PhD thesis, plagiarized but somehow he was excused in martyrdom.....)

Biden. FLOTUS Melania.

Trump

THEY ARE ALL LIARS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 217February 11, 2019 1:23 AM

Warren closely matches my own views, and she has a record of bringing it directly to Trump and the corrupt GOP. Whether she can be elected or not when the opposition is so extremely vicious, that's the question.

by Anonymousreply 218February 11, 2019 1:30 AM

The best thing about her is you know, deep down, she hates "Mrs. Clinton".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 11, 2019 1:47 AM

I can't believe that clip is from 17 years ago. She looks at least 30 years older today.

by Anonymousreply 220February 11, 2019 1:55 AM

[R220]. She’s very Hillary-esque but even more chilly and sexless. If Hillary exudes a certain neurotic vitality, Liz comes off like a prudish New England librarian who earns her keep by doling out fines for overdue volumes of Danielle Steele.

by Anonymousreply 221February 11, 2019 2:02 AM

She is put on. Canned boilerplate. Just happens to be Populist so it goes down easily.

by Anonymousreply 222February 11, 2019 2:11 AM

Prediction: when the Dem field narrows to 2 or 3 nut cases and/or unreponsive fossils, none of whom can crack 50% support within their own party, guess who is going to swoop in to “save the day” - and lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 11, 2019 2:22 AM

I’ll get you, Pocahontas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 11, 2019 2:24 AM

Has everyone forgotten that she worked for the Obama administration in its early days but was soon fired mainly because no one could stand working with her?

by Anonymousreply 225February 11, 2019 2:46 AM

All these women running. The debate halls are going to smell like section 8 and used tampons.

by Anonymousreply 226February 11, 2019 2:52 AM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 227February 11, 2019 2:54 AM

[R226] Acualky on to something real. The Dems are inctreadingly dependent on a dependent class of single women who want to replace the men and children that in past times might have been in their lives with a panopticon state that controls all. And feminism was supposed to be about freedom from oppression.

by Anonymousreply 228February 11, 2019 3:04 AM

Buttigieg 2020!!! 🤩

by Anonymousreply 229February 11, 2019 3:06 AM

Mayor Buttplug will save us!

by Anonymousreply 230February 11, 2019 3:10 AM

Several week ago it was Beto! A few weeks after it was Kamala! This weeks it's Buttplug! None of them are more than momentary flashes in the pan. Resign yourself to the inevitable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 11, 2019 3:15 AM

[quote]Liz comes off like a prudish New England librarian who earns her keep by doling out fines for overdue volumes of Danielle Steele.

Danielle Steele? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 232February 11, 2019 3:20 AM

Hillary will be hard-pressed to find a straight male running mate who hasn't groped interns, dressed in blackface or put up an unconvincing show of his heterosexuality (Miss Cory - bathroom blow job queen).

by Anonymousreply 233February 11, 2019 3:31 AM

What do you think of her Pow Wow Chow recipe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 11, 2019 4:33 AM

I am thinking Michelle will be the one to swoop in.

by Anonymousreply 235February 11, 2019 3:56 PM

All of the talk about Republican trolls talking down Elizabeth Warren is laughable.

She is the Republicans dream candidate to run against Trump. He would make mincemeat of her in so many ways.

I am more suspicious of the people taking UP Senator Warren.

by Anonymousreply 236February 11, 2019 4:37 PM

[quote]R117, I'm no right wing political worker pretending to be a Democrat.

Yes, I too wholesome redblooded housewife of Nebraskas who never voting for the conservative! Women bad for the presidents, they getting menstrual blood all over the office of oval you betcha!

by Anonymousreply 237February 12, 2019 4:35 AM

Keep deluding yourself, R237. You're just as paranoid as the idiot deplorables supporting Drumpf. Careful you don't become what you dread.

by Anonymousreply 238February 12, 2019 5:00 AM

Liz would annihilate the oval office maggot. The main question is whether she can win the primary.

by Anonymousreply 239February 12, 2019 3:35 PM

[quote]Keep deluding yourself, [R237]. You're just as paranoid as the idiot deplorables supporting Drumpf. Careful you don't become what you dread.

Oh honey. You have no fucking clue who posts here. None. And neither do I. And that's how sockpuppets and trolls like it.

Until you can show hard concrete proof that Russian trolls don't post to DL, you're speculating as much as I am. And saying that it's just paranoia makes you sound like a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 240February 12, 2019 11:58 PM

[R240] Asking someone to prove a negative doesn't fly, honey. Prove you're not an alien from Planet X!

by Anonymousreply 241February 13, 2019 12:00 AM

[R240] Why would Russian trolls waste their time posting on a gay gossip/entertainment site with a fanatical anti-Trump bias? You make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 242February 13, 2019 12:02 AM

Oh, I'm a ID-carrying US citizen, R240; after all, I have to be able to go to the grocery store and be allowed to buy bread.

You seem to be a person who might be capable enough of defending your positions with facts versus branding everyone who disagrees with you as a Russian troll because you apparently believe that no red-blooded American could possibly disagree with your rabidly held beliefs. How is that different than the media-hating MAGAtards?

by Anonymousreply 243February 13, 2019 12:07 AM

Please. Don't argue with the everyone is a Russian troll troll. You'll only go in circles. Old Canks' defeat was a mind damaging experience for them Just let them have it.

by Anonymousreply 244February 13, 2019 12:09 AM

Here she is speaking to the leaders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245February 13, 2019 12:09 AM

[quote]You seem to be a person who might be capable enough of defending your positions with facts versus branding everyone who disagrees with you as a Russian troll because you apparently believe that no red-blooded American could possibly disagree with your rabidly held beliefs.

There are facts, and there are beliefs.

Asserting that Russian trolls don't post here is as much of a belief as saying that they do. You don't have concrete proof, and neither do I. Attempts at ridicule and painting suspicions as paranoia in the face of the news of the last two years makes you a useful idiot at best, and Glenn Greenwald at worst.

Russia spends $2M per month on paid trolls to mess with US opinion online. And you have no clue who posts here. These things we know. I have no concrete proof Russian trolls post here, but you have no proof they don't.

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 246February 13, 2019 12:55 AM

R246 last night I followed the Trump/Beto rallies on twitter. There were literally 100s of bots trashing Beto. The Russkis sure don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 247February 13, 2019 1:02 AM

R245, why would the Russians bother to troll a site that is so outspokenly anti-Trump? Do you really think the Russians spend millions to convert liberal gay men and lesbians into Trump voters?

Wouldn't it make much more financial sense for Russian Trolls to seek out websites that the heterosexual majority of political undecideds are likely to frequent?

Honestly, how many people do you think BECAME Trump voters because of propaganda they encountered on DL? My guess would be zero.

by Anonymousreply 248February 13, 2019 4:11 PM

[R248] Meanwhile, back in the real world, the Senate Intelligence Committee announced that they found no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia. Game over. The whole story was a witch hunt cooked up by the Dems to undermine and hopefully unseat a lawfully elected president. And many of you DL numbskulls fell for it hook, line and sinker.

From an April 17, 2017 Washington Post article: "Clinton's unsuccessful campaign ($768 million in spending) outspent Trump's successful one ($398 million) by nearly 2 to 1."

If Russian entities spent $2 million on Facebook ads (or whatever), then how can you possibly believe that it was a greater influence than the $768 million spent by the Clinton campaign? Add in the mainstream media's and Hollywood's constant, day-and-night shilling for Hillary and claims of "Russian influence" look even more absurd.

Trump won fair and square. Get over it, already.

by Anonymousreply 249February 13, 2019 4:55 PM

R249,I do believe the truth is going to kill some of the people on this board.

by Anonymousreply 250February 13, 2019 4:57 PM

One of the most fun things about this site is blocking morons. Thanks, R248.

by Anonymousreply 251February 13, 2019 11:26 PM

[quote]the Senate Intelligence Committee announced that they found no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia. Game over.

You poor, uninformed thing, R249.

The Senate Intelligence Committee announced no such thing. It was just one Repub from the committee who, in a totally partisan way, as Repubs tend to do, preemptively discredited any future findings regarding the matter.

by Anonymousreply 252February 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Was going to write, "sorry" R248 because I meant R249 but you're apparently the same person because both posts disappeared when I got rid of R249.

by Anonymousreply 253February 13, 2019 11:41 PM

[R252] Keep splitting hair, you moron. From your own precious MSNBC. I know it's going to take you a while to detox from consuming Russia! Russia! Russia! propaganda all day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 13, 2019 11:49 PM

I told you not to argue with the everyone is a Russian troll troll. It's hard to tell you apart now. Look what you've done to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 255February 13, 2019 11:59 PM

R248 the Russians aren't trying to recruit anybody. They're trying to suppress the vote from segments of the population which historically vote Democratic. They infiltrated all the black forums to trash Hillary and try to create apathy about voting for her. They're hard at work now trashing any Democratic nominee who shows some strength.

Warren doesn't appear to scare them but Kamala Harris and Beto O'Rourke do.

by Anonymousreply 256February 14, 2019 2:45 AM

WHY WOULD RUSSIANS CARE WHO IS PRESIDENT. You would think they'd want crooked Hillary, who has had MANY nefarious deals and supports Sarsou r and Soros. She would be the one to plot against the country just as Omar and Rasheeda and A O C are currently doing. They want to bring the country down, Open your ears dumb DLers.

by Anonymousreply 257February 14, 2019 2:52 AM

R257 that was a valiant effort. Trump does Putin's bidding, the GOP voted against sanctions.

You can stop the mentions of 'Soros' as you're a Russian troll and you just gave yourself away.

by Anonymousreply 258February 14, 2019 2:54 AM

R258 you must be a member of the religion of peace who sucks at the Soros tit hoping to bring down the United States. I don't think Putin gives a shit about Trump. He would love to work with crooked Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 259February 14, 2019 3:09 AM

Has she imploded yet?

by Anonymousreply 260February 16, 2019 2:29 AM

R256, Warren may not scare the Russians now and that's fine with me. But she is the most knowledgeable and experienced with areas of law and policy that affect people most in their daily lives. And she knows how to explain it so people understand.

by Anonymousreply 261February 16, 2019 2:58 AM

R248, Trump doesn't need a lot of votes if democrats stay home, because they've been tricked with lies.

by Anonymousreply 262February 16, 2019 3:00 AM

And, R236 is just one very weak example.

by Anonymousreply 263February 16, 2019 3:01 AM

Been over a week and no entries on this thread. Doesn't seem like there is much interest in her campaign.

by Anonymousreply 264February 23, 2019 6:11 PM

r264 The attention is obviously going to those who have declared more recently. It'll even itself out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 265February 23, 2019 6:24 PM

The Warren campaign is DOA.

by Anonymousreply 266February 23, 2019 7:21 PM

Should she have run in 2016? It feels like her window may have closed.

by Anonymousreply 267February 24, 2019 2:09 PM

She’s my Senator but I won’t vote for her in the primary. I heard today:

Free tuition and complete tuition debt forgiveness. People ALWAYS must have some skin in the game, or they will abuse the privilege. People will go to school who have no intention of using their education to contribute back to society. Aimless people will become professional students. (Don’t laugh, I knew some in the 1980s. They couldn’t afford to stop going to school. Students need some responsibility for costs to prompt reasonably consideration. Maybe a 80:20 plan, where they must pay 20%. Something like that.

In addition, free college means schools have every incentive to hike rates without e d.

Likewise, she said something else dumb today. Some other freebie. Oh yeah, the wealth tax. I am all in favor of raising the income tax, and the inheritance/Dynasty tax, but wealth has generally already been taxed when earned. What’s worse, she’s already allocated the income from the wealth tax to low income housing. That’s a worthy project, but (until Trump ) we had an agreement that changes would be revenue neutral. She should be putting much of any new income towards paying down the deficit. Even if it’s just a third. But it must be something.

And where’s her plan for reinstating the estate tax? Let’s raise that to 70% on estates above $10 million.

She sounds completely irresponsible.

by Anonymousreply 268April 23, 2019 9:46 PM

Fivethirtyeight seems to think that the three serious contenders are Biden, Sanders, and Harris.

by Anonymousreply 269April 23, 2019 9:49 PM

Fivethiryeight's full of shit. The first primaries are a year away. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 270April 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Every time I re-warm up to Warren (she's one of the few decent spots in this field), she does some dumb shit that just makes me go "COME ON."

This time it was her Town Hall malarkey about how she defied all odds as a poor woman to defeat the amazingly uber-popular Republican Incumbent Senator of Massachusetts!!! And nevertheless, she persisted!!! And then she looked a small girl in the eye and said she's running for Senator because THAT'S WHAT GIRLS DO.

You mean... the Republican Scott Brown who shockingly won "Ted Kennedy's Senate Seat!" and how it was such a horrible legacy that a Republican won it? THE Scott Brown who served... two whole years as Senator? THAT uber-popular incumbent Warren dare challenge and shockingly defeat?

It's shit like that that will make her lose the flyovers. She never comes across as authentic. She won't win.

And, of course, she sounds like Stuart's mom from MadTV and I can never be convinced otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 23, 2019 10:38 PM

If she had stayed pragmatic and centrist, with a bit of a bite, she would have done much better. All the candidates seem to be campaigning like there is no limit to how crazy they will go to appeal to the Twitter mobs.

by Anonymousreply 272April 23, 2019 11:08 PM

Oh, yeah, that other give away...reparations.

I have to believe this is pandering and not anything substantive. Buy if it is yet another give away, WTF? She might even lose my vote as Senator. What is she thinking?

Students get debt forgiveness. Blacks get reparations. Poor people get low income housing. What do I get? Record deficits that I’m expected to pay for, and which the aforementioned will not pay. This is out of wack.

She needs to explain herself if her plan isn’t as awful as it is. If it is, I’ll vote against her for president and for Senate.

by Anonymousreply 273April 23, 2019 11:22 PM

Don't forget: people with no money don't get lousy public defenders... they get great, pricey lawyers paid for by the taxpayer. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 274April 24, 2019 12:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!