Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DailyBeast writer: Not liking Marie Kondo's show or organisation tactics is racist!!

Please subscribe to my blog y'ALL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 13, 2019 10:35 PM

🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2019 2:34 PM

As if a white woman who said something that stupid and inconsiderate wouldn't get raked over the coals.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2019 3:18 PM

I like how its says "(White) Feminism" at the top of the article

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2019 3:21 PM

her show and all that stuff is stupid as fuck. she pretends not to know english. my boyfriend is obsessed with her show and started folding shit and thanking it. he got his sisters into it. they're doing it. LOSERS. unhappy people looking for something. pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2019 3:25 PM

What gets me is that white America has embraced Marie Kondo's work. Her book is a huge seller here. Hundreds of white people have posted YouTube videos encouraging people to follow her advice.

This bitch writing for the Daily Beast is out for SJW brownie points. Thanks for creating more racial tension for personal gain, you fucking cunt.

An excerpt from Clara Mae's article:

"There’s a sort of lateral violence at play in the Tidying Up discourse in how white women will sometimes deliberately misunderstand or talk over women of color."

Lateral violence. Jesus fucking christ.

And the Daily Beast doesn't allow comments on the article because they know rational people will trash it.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2019 3:26 PM

yes white people are loving it because the majority of them are empty inside. like my boyfriend and his family. wealthy people with boring lives looking for the answer. well, it ain't in organizing and thanking your possessions.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2019 3:43 PM

Why are white people always so angry?

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2019 3:43 PM

I read her Twitter feed. It's full of lack of punctuation, lame attempts at humor, and lots of "y'all's". She needs to be slapped into last century with her divisive bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2019 3:44 PM

R4/6, you seem to absolutely loathe your boyfriend! Are you staying because he's wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2019 3:47 PM

R9 haha. YES.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2019 3:55 PM

R6 plans to murder him in his sleep and make it look like the live-in maid Nina did it!

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2019 3:55 PM

They fired Nina. She didn't roll up their socks right.

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2019 4:03 PM

Given the racist jubilee that the Trump administration has ushered in, I wouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2019 4:07 PM

r13 that too.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2019 4:08 PM

R5, that line amazed me, as well:

[quote]There’s a sort of lateral violence at play in the Tidying Up discourse in how white women will sometimes deliberately misunderstand or talk over women of color.

"Lateral violence." "The Tidying Up [bold]discourse[/bold]," as though we're in serious intellectual terrain here. And, as always, the favorite SJW target: "white women."

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2019 4:26 PM

Clara Mae is a woman of color, yes?

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2019 4:43 PM

r12 too funny.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2019 4:53 PM

R12 poor Javier the gardener. He's next on the list.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2019 5:25 PM

They kept Javier. He sparks joy. Every night in the hot tub.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2019 5:28 PM

I heard on the news that donation centers like Salvation Army, Goodwill, thrift shops, etc have been overwhelmed by the number of donations coming in from people who follow Kondo.

On the other hand, there was an article about the homeless in my local paper asking for warm things because the are greatly suffering in the cold. I took a couple of bags over and was amazed to see a room full of warm clothes and racks out front of the shelter. Many homeless people receiving really nice warm stuff. They were able to distribute immediately. Very heartwarming experience.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2019 5:34 PM

well, i guess it's all for the good then. c'est la vie.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2019 5:38 PM

R20 my local donation center has gotten super picky about what they will accept. I blame Marie Kondo.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2019 5:39 PM

then again, maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2019 5:39 PM

I'm seeing that too, R22. There are a couple I go to because their things are quality and are reasonably priced. They're been checking prices online now and you can see they spot the good stuff and price it much higher.

There are several in town that serve charities like feral cats, hospitals, etc. They are usually much cheaper so people with little money can afford to shop.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2019 5:46 PM

Goodwill...a greedy organization. Donate somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2019 5:48 PM

How many white people are racist against the Japanese these days?

Speaking as a white, most minorities other white people get freaked out by are the "scary" kind, i.e. not adorable Japanese women. Notice how few East Asians get involved in the SJW oppression olympics, probably because they know it doesn't apply to them. But that won't stop toxic SJWs from trying to speak for them.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2019 5:50 PM

[quote] Notice how few East Asians get involved in the SJW oppression olympics, probably because they know it doesn't apply to them.

True, but Asian Americans are often among the most vocal SJWs (in my experience).

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2019 5:52 PM

What the hell is "lateral violence"?

Is it the same as LITERAL VIOLENCE!?

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2019 5:53 PM

It's related to Labial Violence.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2019 6:05 PM

Per Wikipedia, r28:

[quote]Lateral violence is displaced violence directed against one's peers rather than adversaries. This construct is one way of explaining minority-on-minority violence in developed nations.

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2019 6:05 PM

R25, you are right. I donate mostly to the Salvation Army and our local thrift stores that support cats, abused women, and the homeless.

I know a few people buy from Goodwill then sell it in antique collectives. Goodwill's record for supporting charities is terrible, their CEO gets a huge salary. Salvation Army's proceeds mostly go to their causes.

The main benefit of Goodwill is that their goods are often very low cost, enabling people with little money to shop. Other than that, their profits mostly go to staff.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2019 6:11 PM

R38, not knowing what Lateral Violence is laterally killing marginalized people! Congrats on being worse than Hitler!

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2019 6:17 PM

I’m so traumatized by what youx said R28, I couldn’t even type in the right number!

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2019 6:18 PM

Per "lateral violence", there is no reason why a minority cannot be the true adversary of another minority.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2019 6:59 PM

r34 = literal violence

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2019 7:03 PM

I think what r4 is telling us is that he won't have a boyfriend for very long.

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2019 7:50 PM

More of the liberals running their entire campaign on false racism claims and dissension. Mari Kunto knows how to speak English but refuses. Plus watch how she very slyly puts the west down by always using the largest size clothes she can. Simply to give a ribbing to Americans and tell them they are fat.

She is also pushing her Shinto religion down everybody's throat. Hopefully Godzilla or Mothra will step on her.

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2019 7:59 PM

Women hate women. Color me shocked.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2019 8:04 PM

R11, when R6 bumps off his boyfriend in his sleep I hope he thanks the pillow.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2019 8:58 PM

r36 oh i wish it were so. I've been with him 8 years. I'm not leaving until I can trade up. I'm not going back out into the cold with you negroes. R37 EXACTLY.

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2019 10:10 PM

[quote] True, but Asian Americans are often among the most vocal SJWs (in my experience).

I've noticed that as well. R27, especially on campuses.

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2019 10:44 PM

R31 Not true about staff salaries. Where I live Goodwill supports workshops, day centers, and summer camps for people with developmental disabilities. And they all get paid, lunches, and activities throughout the week. Don't abandon Goodwill. But haha I didn't know you had to thank your clothes after you fold them. What do you say to them when you throw them on the bathroom floor?

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2019 10:55 PM

r40 Oh, you sound charming, here's an FF as proof of my appreciation.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2019 11:33 PM

What is SJW?

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]you are right. I donate mostly to the Salvation Army and our local thrift stores that support cats, abused women, and the homeless.

The Salvation Army is 1000 times worse than Goodwill. Homophobic religious fanatics. NEVER give to them.

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote]my local donation center has gotten super picky about what they will accept. I blame Marie Kondo.

In a few years, when the fad dies out, they'll have to start refusing to accept donated Marie Kondo books.

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2019 12:00 AM

[quote]They kept Javier. He sparks joy. Every night in the hot tub.

And I'm over it. I'm filing a restraining order tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2019 12:01 AM

r44: What is google?

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2019 12:05 AM

R48 They are rubber glasses you wear under the sea.

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2019 12:10 AM

FYI your donated clothes are a disaster for developing economies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2019 12:20 AM

Pretty sure Clare Mae is also Asian

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2019 12:25 AM

r43 like i care WEIRD0

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2019 12:26 AM

Asian, or Asian American, r51?

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2019 2:57 PM

Marie Kondo is like a porcelain doll. So fragile. If you touch her, she might break. I want to put her on a shelf.

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2019 3:04 PM

R53 Asian American

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2019 3:07 PM

[quote]Marie Kondo is like a porcelain doll. So fragile. If you touch her, she might break. I want to put her on a shelf.

Fuck off! She's no Miyoshi Umeki!

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2019 4:56 PM

Is Marie Kondo trained in the feminine arts of the Geisha?

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2019 5:42 PM

r57 = Alan Dershowitz

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2019 7:33 PM

The intersectionality is too much to bear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 13, 2019 5:34 PM

Love her show. I'm going to do it. I have the perfect animal rescue thrift store to take all the good stuff to.

by Anonymousreply 60February 13, 2019 5:36 PM

The problem is the show itself is crap.

They learned nothing from HGTV which knows how to do those shows correctly.

I watched the first episode and my friend and I were like "if you took a shot every time one of them said "Babe" you'd have finished the bottle within the first ten minutes"

There was no tension--that's the whole HGTV trick, that one of the partners is far more resistant than the other and needs to be won over.

And then there's Marie.

We get it that she doesn't speak English. So WTF is the point of having the translator on camera? It slows down the pacing way too much. Marie says something in Japanese. Then the translator says it in English, only you know she's paraphrasing because Marie just said like seven sentences and the translation is "very good!" Then the people respond in English and the translator translates back.

WTF? Just use subtitles.

And on top of all that, anthropomorphizing clothing is super creepy.

Babe.

by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2019 5:47 PM

I’m not following any of this

by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2019 5:54 PM

I do not know this person and hasn't seen any of her videos. I don't intend to.

by Anonymousreply 63February 13, 2019 5:56 PM

Marie Kondo is like a perfect petite porcelain doll. I just want to own her.

by Anonymousreply 64February 13, 2019 5:56 PM

Is there a photo of the person who wrote this article?

by Anonymousreply 65February 13, 2019 6:08 PM

Here is her Twitter, r65

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 13, 2019 6:18 PM

Her Twitter feed is practically an Onion parody. Does this bitch have any original thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 67February 13, 2019 6:22 PM

Serious question: how do black women in the US feel about Marie Kondo being labeled a woc?

In general, I don't consider the Japanese particularly oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 68February 13, 2019 6:25 PM

R68 never had to say farewell to manzanar

by Anonymousreply 69February 13, 2019 6:30 PM

I know nothing of Marie Kondo but I fucking love NHK World TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 13, 2019 6:35 PM

R70, my partner puts on that channel when he need to go to sleep or has trouble sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 71February 13, 2019 6:44 PM

So now we have manufactured rage about manufactured rage?

by Anonymousreply 72February 13, 2019 8:48 PM

[quote]In general, I don't consider the Japanese particularly oppressed.

Mainland Asian countries don't seem to think so either.

by Anonymousreply 73February 13, 2019 8:49 PM

R65, she’s Filipino and she doesn’t want you to see her full face or know her name. One gets the impression she’s riding the outrage train until she decides to hop off and continue her life without prospective employers googling her and rolling their eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 13, 2019 9:08 PM

It;s not as if Marie Kondo is curing cancer.

by Anonymousreply 75February 13, 2019 9:22 PM

I meant "It's"

by Anonymousreply 76February 13, 2019 9:30 PM

R71, I watch it as an antidote to cable news and other overwrought American TV. It's relaxing and everyone is so polite and calm. Sometimes I nap while watching in the afternoon.

I've learned a lot from it, too. They have interesting shows about art, nature, and culture in Japan and countries that rarely make US news.

by Anonymousreply 77February 13, 2019 9:45 PM

[quote]WTF? Just use subtitles.

Real Americans don't do subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 78February 13, 2019 10:13 PM

R77, yes, I love the interesting programs about handmade crafts and art, generational businesses.

by Anonymousreply 79February 13, 2019 10:14 PM

She's an annoying cunt. She'd be an annoying cunt if she were white, black, blue, or green. She'd be an annoying cunt if she were a man.

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2019 10:19 PM

So pretty:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 13, 2019 10:33 PM

Her husband is a bear, ja?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 13, 2019 10:34 PM

r81/r82 = Connor Jessup

by Anonymousreply 83February 13, 2019 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!