Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zack Snyder released from Director jail

But only allowed to direct for Netflix as per the terms of his probation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2019 1:16 PM

Interesting. Deborah is a bossy bottom- a friend was in the early throes of planning a DC film, and Deborah said, "If Zack was directing this....", and they cut her off saying, "But he isn't, and they hired ME for my vision, not him". Cut that bitch right to the quick.

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2019 12:38 AM

He’s hot

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]"There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one,” Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.

Jesus wept.

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2019 12:43 AM

I believe that’s an old picture, he’s aged badly since then

But yes he used to be quite beautiful

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2019 9:20 AM

What did he do? Stick his hands down someone's pants?

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2019 9:31 AM

Destroyed the DC Extended Universe.

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2019 9:32 AM

R6, and yet many people enjoy Snyder's DC films more than the super bland MCU films.

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2019 9:34 AM

Many people also enjoy the music of Maroon 5.

Unfortunately making a movie so out of touch with the critical mass, contemporary tastes and the superhero cannon like BVS has resulted in a silly character like “Aquaman” outcrossing a Batman/Superman film and a Justice League film.

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2019 9:41 AM

R8, are you trying to say box office is the only thing that matters? Snyder's DC films are dark, and they most certainly aren't perfect by any means, but still when watching them I'm way more emotionally invested than during practically any MCU film. I have enjoyed some MCU films, like the first two Thors but some, like Doctor Strange, are almost comically bland. The latest Thor was fairly terrible as well. And I say this as a Marvel and especially X-Men fan since my teens. Actually Singer's X2 and Days of Future Past are my favorite superhero films. Marvel is obviously commercially winning the game but that doesn't mean the MCU films are somehow artistically better. I did enjoy Infinity War more than I expected, though. I hated Age of Ultron.

Snyder can be a great director. He knows how to make his films intense. Fanbois were expecting his DC film universe to be as successful as the MCU, which quite honestly is much harder when the material itself is more adult and usually way darker. Most MCU films are suitable for 5 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2019 10:08 AM

[quote] are you trying to say box office is the only thing that matters?

It matters very much to the studio bosses who hire and fire directors based on how well the previous movies of said directors were received.

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2019 10:58 AM

Snyder films were awful. They were not "dark" and "mature". Logan was dark and mature. Snyder does this pseudo-trying to be dark thing without knowing how to pull it off. Based on critics reviews, audience grades, and box office...his films were a failure. And if you are a DC fan, it completely ruined the whole DC expanded universe thing they were hoping to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2019 11:34 AM

R11, maybe because I'm not a DC fanboi I appreciated Snyder's films. Mind you, some of my favorite films are Fellini's La Dolce Vita, Wim Wenders' Paris, Texas and Godard's Alphaville, which hopefully says that I appreciate beautiful and sometimes sparse storytelling and strong directors, like Snyder. He is more of an auteur director and his films are stylistically very strong. Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman are enjoyable to watch, even though I know that sure they are not the best films ever made. In his films Snyder leaves some things unexplained and he loves to create strong atmosphere. In that sense his films really are quite mature. I totally get that some people hate his style. Most Marvel films seem a bit silly and shallow next to them. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but since the MCU films are what they are usually compared with I do it as well.

Justice League is more of a mess. I don't hate it, since I pretty much like all current DC film characters, but you can see Snyder was lost after hearing all the critique from his previous films. And then obviously when Joss Whedon, of all people, was brought in to finish the film things didn't go too well.

I always feels there's this juvenile pissing contest going on when talking about DC films. DC fanbois hate that Marvel is beating them in B.O. and Marvel fanbois make fun of it. I'm looking from the outside and just enjoying the good films I see. Obviously DC has shitty films like Suicide Squad which truly are terrible. Let's see what James Gunn does with it. He was just announced officially being in negotiations to direct it. That said I can't say I love his Guardians of the Galaxy. The first one was ok but the sequel was quite bland. Both were very shallow in the MCU style. Still, you can clearly see that all MCU directors know what they are doing and can create believable universes.

by Anonymousreply 12February 1, 2019 1:46 AM

What did you think of, "Aquaman", r12? That was a believable universe.

by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2019 10:50 AM

Doesn't he have a like 20 kids and one killed herself. That's the reason he used for backing off a directing project.

by Anonymousreply 14February 1, 2019 11:15 AM

He ruined those DC films with all those fuckin' tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2019 11:24 AM

The only decent movie Zack has done is the Dawn Of The Dead remake.

by Anonymousreply 16February 1, 2019 1:30 PM

He's a complete STUD!

by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2019 4:40 PM

R13, Aquaman is one gorgeous film, I loved it from start to finish. The underwater effects were absolutely awesome. I was mesmerized by them the whole time. And yes, obviously Aquaman is a dumb fantasy action film but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Some of the fight scenes with Black Manta felt unauthentic but otherwise the film is great fun. And it fits right in with Snyder's DC films even though the tone and the style are different.

by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2019 7:02 PM

Great r18, looks like DC is heading in a better direction. Looks like Shazam! will be a bit of a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 19February 2, 2019 11:05 AM

I don't think he's aged badly at all. This current image shows a quite handsome man (the neck hair aside).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 2, 2019 12:41 PM

R20 that is from the Man of Steel premiere in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 21February 2, 2019 1:06 PM

Here he is in 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2019 1:10 PM

Still hot!

by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2019 1:13 PM

2018 photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2019 1:15 PM

Even sexier.

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2019 1:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!