Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tommy Martinez talks about his bisexual character Gael on Good Trouble and his experience with a Dude

“I had an experience with a man maybe 10 years ago, and this is the first time that I’m saying that publicly,” an emotional Martinez shared as Bredeweg placed his hand on the actor’s back in support. “And throughout that whole time, I felt like I was put into the shadows, because the way that my community was, the way that they spoke about [LGBTQ people], [the] Hispanic community, it’s not only just them, but they are very religious and strict on what they believe it, but same with many other people in the world and here in America.”

“The way that they talked about homosexuality or even just experiencing something like that with slurs or what have you, my friend said the same thing, so I had nobody to talk to about [my own experience],” Martinez continued. “And I kept that inside the whole time until now. And to have this opportunity to portray this character and this community, I felt, especially in front of you wonderful people, I felt maybe this is the best place to express that. And so I saw myself completely in Gael’s shoes. And so when I got that audition notice and dove deeper into the character, I just felt right with it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 4:05 PM

So he sex with a dude...why are they treating it like it was rape or something? Was it a one night stand, a boyfriend or something else? Or is this just a convenient anecdote to prove his wokeness cred as part of a PR campaign for a new tv show? Gay is passe now apparently - male bisexuality or even better - "fluid" straight guys - is what wins you PC brownie points and GLAADs seal of approval.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2019 12:43 AM

He’s so hot

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2019 4:48 PM

r2 You're just bumping all the threads about the sexual fluids, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2019 4:51 PM

Love his character and this show

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2019 1:20 PM

Hope they increase his role this season

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2019 2:32 AM

Beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2019 2:00 AM

Beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2019 1:59 PM

Girlfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 3:13 PM

That hair is atrocious, but otherwise he's very cute

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 3:25 PM

R1 Because while girls are allowed to experiment sexually however they want, guys admitting sexual fluidity is like admitting having cancer. It's just another example of homophobia in society (it's alright for girls to kiss girls just to see if they like it, but god forbid guys do the same thing).

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 3:26 PM

It’s great that more males are open about their fluidity. This is a great story

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 3:32 PM

"guys admitting sexual fluidity is like admitting having cancer"

No, it's much worse than that. Admitting that you're a man who sucked a cock is like admitting that you torture puppies for fun. It's easier in our society to admit that you're a drug addict or a wife-beater or a deadbeat dad than it is to admit to even one gay experience. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 3:36 PM

BORING.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 3:37 PM

Expand his role and his hole

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 4:01 PM

R12, it’s much more likely he just received oral. Doubt he sucked penis

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!