Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He BEGS Americans to throw out this vegetable...

It’s some doctor’s video (probably has computer viruses in it) that goes on and on and on...

And on...

And on...

Has anyone found out what vegetable he BEGS people to throw out? So misleading and boring. His target audience wouldn’t even have the patience to watch this. Lotus root is in the picture!?!

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2019 1:52 PM

dafuq?

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2019 1:46 PM

I don't believe you ever can find the answer to the question, I never have, so I no longer fall for that crap.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2019 1:50 PM

I hope it's broccoli. I watched for a couple of minutes. He didn't say.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2019 2:10 PM

Is this supposed to link to a video? Because no one is going to hunt for it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2019 2:12 PM

Please, please let it be brussel sprouts!

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2019 2:13 PM

corn. all sugar,

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2019 2:24 PM

I avoid click bait advertising such as that like the plague. I've duped one time too many.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2019 2:32 PM

Well it isn’t Terri Schiavo!

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2019 2:33 PM

I’m sure is an advertisement for something.

These clickbaits are always pathways for you to pay them money

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2019 2:37 PM

OP you're the one who posted it, so you have to sit through allllll the videos to find out. Let us know asap, please.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2019 2:37 PM

Bananas. We can assume it’s either bananas or grapes. I saw countless “experts” on 80s talk shows say to never, ever, ever eat bananas (or grapes) because even though they are low in calories, they are sugar bombs that spike blood sugar and trigger hunger, and so they make you eat more and ultimately make you fat. We’ve all heard variations of this forever.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2019 2:44 PM

Oh, vegetable. Whatever, it’ll be the same story whether it’s bananas or grapes or potatoes. It’s the magical secret to looking like a model—but ONLY if you buy my book!

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2019 2:46 PM

Potatoes are really hated but I think the hatred is overblown

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2019 3:44 PM

Potatoes are not “bad.” They’re not trash food. They are low in calories. One white potato has twice as much potassium as one banana, 2/3 as much protein as an egg, and a lot of vitamin C. If you load them up with butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon or if you fry them then they are unhealthful—but the potato is not; only what you choose to heap onto it is. They’re not the best thing for diabetic people, but neither is rice or bread or anything that spikes blood sugar. This lingering “super foods vs devil foods” fad is fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2019 3:49 PM

It's corn. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2019 3:50 PM

Is it Karen Ann Quinlan?

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2019 3:52 PM

It's an ad that runs all the time on new sites mostly

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2019 4:04 PM

I refuse to click those. Pretty sure the demon vegetable is KALE.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2019 4:15 PM

kale is a WEED

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2019 3:11 AM

This is one click bait scam. Another is some food that acts like a power washer for your insides? They have photos, but you can’t tell what food is in the photo. I’d be curious to know what they’re talking about, but I won’t watch a long boring video or click through 30 ambiguous slides to allow them to earn a penny from the pop up ads that I don’t even look at. Lately the ads that run on the websites I visit are obvious bottom of the barrel. A Chinese company selling cheap shoes with zippers, and now tee shirts printed with animals. I wouldn’t buy any of that. Sometimes if I rent a car or look an amazon, I see rental car ads and the amazon product as a pop-up ad for days after. I need to clear my cache and search history more often.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2019 8:43 AM

You may enjoy this subreddit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2019 8:46 AM

If it isn't corn, it should be (though I love it). High sugar, low nutritional value, GMO city, and a paradise of pesticides. Its only worth is being a tasty carrier for butter.

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2019 9:12 AM

I fell for that link. Yes corn is bad but also is in many other things.

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2019 9:17 AM

Probably taro root

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2019 9:26 AM

Yes r24 because everyone has fucking taro root in their kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 25January 27, 2019 9:35 AM

TURniMP

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2019 9:49 AM

I know curiosity is difficult to resist, but whatever food the person is referring to you is no more empty and bad for you than the clickbait itself. It’s interesting people are dying to know what it is *even though no legitimate information can be contained in a story presented that way.* This is like going to a carnival barker or a shoe salesman for health advice. They’ll tell you anything to get your money; therefore, don’t fall for it and don’t trust them. If there’s a food to always avoid, look toward legitimate research to conclude that. It’s not as if only on human being on earth knows the secret and just happens to be such an asshole that he hides it within a 30-minute infomercial.

by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2019 11:43 AM

Please be broccoli!!

by Anonymousreply 28January 27, 2019 12:19 PM

Thanks for the link R21. It's a rabbit hole.

by Anonymousreply 29January 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Dr. Beth Jarrett will just shove your French toast down the garbage disposal so you don't eat it.

by Anonymousreply 30January 27, 2019 1:28 PM

The vegetable is anyone who clicks on any thing like this, apparently unable to recognize click bait when it is so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2019 1:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!