Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Freeform's 'Good Trouble'

General discussion thread for The Foster's spin-off. Though let's be real, it'll probably be mostly Gael and Bryan talk.

Let's hope they don't have the bisexual end up with the woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 7, 2019 6:02 AM

The men are much more attractive than the women.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2019 3:27 AM

r1. IMO that's always the case with these type of shows that are usually aimed at fraus and female teens (and of course the gays). It's like the reverse stereotype of the male couch potato ending up with the hot, blonde model.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2019 3:32 AM

Also the palatial coop squat - as if.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2019 3:34 AM

Thank you OP for starting this thread.

I am not sure about the rather chaotic time jumps early in the episodes where you are not sure right away whether this is supposed to be a flashback or a scene taking place in present time or hell, even a flash forward?

Poor Mariana being dealt a bad hand with that douchebag of a supervisor. But apparently her boss likes her in his own Aspie way (their interactions are hilarious).

Callie is such a stick in the mud when it comes to her lawyer career (but Mariana was really a bitch for hiding Callie's phone from her to party and Callie missed calls from her boss that way).

Love Tommy Rodriguez and his scenes with Maia that feel almost like a music video bursting with sexual energy (yeah, Mary!) though the scenes with Tommy and Michael Galante (Bryan) don't get the same treatment (boooo!). I like it that the show deals with a bi love triangle.

Love Beau Mirchoff's guest appearance in the third episode being used by Callie to make Gael jealous and Bryan nervous about Gael being distracted by Callie's stunt.

I also like that the show, in true The Fosters drama tradition, tackles social issues like police brutality towards African Americans (cops killing an innocent teen).

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2019 3:47 AM

Pretty sure Callie's coworker Benjamin is gay, but since he'll likely not get much character backstory or development we'll probably never know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2019 3:55 AM

r5, you think Benjamin's gay? Ken Kirby is quite hot. So far it's all about him and Rebecca trying to play mind games with Callie who doesn't know who to trust or believe.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2019 3:58 AM

Wow, they got away with showing Jeff, the hot cornfed hick friend with benefits, naked from the side.

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2019 10:07 AM

So hot bro

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2019 12:08 PM

Renewed for season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2019 3:24 AM

Great news

by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2019 3:29 AM

Love this show

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2019 1:46 PM

I really like the Fosters but the last season when they aged everyone, was wrong.

I find the girls look too young to be post college. They perhaps should have jumped in at college and law school.

How old are the actresses?

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2019 2:29 PM

They look like students in my law school

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2019 3:07 PM

Maia Mitchellis 25 and Cierra Ramirez is 23. R12

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2019 4:49 PM

This show really doesn't want Bryan and Gael to be together.

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2019 3:09 AM

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2019 8:38 AM

This last episode once again made me question if the writers are going to have Ben be gay. The fact that he was oblivious to the girl who was flirting and didn't even react much when he found out makes me wonder.

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much. Just seemed like a weird thing to include.

by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2019 5:32 AM

Ok... They started doing a good job with the storyline... Fingers crossed

by Anonymousreply 18March 7, 2019 7:44 AM

People on this thread, shouldn't you be doing your algebra homework?

by Anonymousreply 19March 7, 2019 9:47 AM

I love the episode about Dalia's birthday party game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2019 4:13 PM

I thik the show found a great balance between The Fosters & Melrose Place.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2019 4:14 PM

This show is really good at continuing the stereotype that bisexual men are promiscuous and can't be monogamous.

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2019 3:56 AM

Bi Love Triangle Drama

Lesbian Drama

Straight Love Triangle Drama

Sales Pitch Drama

Office Drama

Suicide Drama

The latest episode is packed with drama!

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2019 9:55 PM

Are they in the process of trimming the fat? First Rebecca (Molly McCook) and now Dennis (Josh Pence)?

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2019 10:01 PM

Rebecca was always just a recurring character

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2019 2:15 AM

Why so little attention to Michael Galante? He’s smokin hot.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2019 1:42 PM

He's only a recurring character, and after the last episode it's up in the air if he'll be back R26

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2019 1:48 PM

They're not waiting long for season 2,. It's coming back June 18th Next week is the spring finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2019 1:49 PM

I am glad it got renewed. It's pretty sexy for Freeform.

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2019 1:18 AM

So spring finale aired. Not terrible and I'm glad that Callie didn't pick Gael at the end. Problem is, she they left it open for who she picked and we have to wait. I hope she doesn't pick either.

I hope we still have some gay moments next season.

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2019 5:24 AM

Pretty great mid-season finale. Love the little dance number.

Mariana is such a headcase. And how on earth didn't she know that as soon she pitched her idea to her boss (and he took it) that he owns it? That's Disney101.

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2019 4:27 PM

Think I'll skip it. A lot of the gay folk working in TV right now are so disgustingly and overbearingly SJW and pc... there is NO ART to anything.

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2019 5:10 PM

Joey (Daisy Eagan): I don't think that the problem is just that you are not out to your parents. You are not out to yourself. You are not at peace with being gay. And that's way scarier. If you can't accept yourself, how can you accept me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2019 9:47 PM

I just hope that Bryan or another gay male character will be on the show next season.

by Anonymousreply 34April 4, 2019 2:20 AM

So they got rid of the one gay character, just to bring in another and looks like there's still a love triangle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 10, 2019 5:24 AM

Hot new bro

by Anonymousreply 36May 10, 2019 5:53 AM

Name of new dude?

by Anonymousreply 37May 10, 2019 12:53 PM

Callie bored me too death in the Fosters. I can't see myself liking her in this show.

by Anonymousreply 38May 10, 2019 1:16 PM

R37 New dude is Elijah, Gael's first love played by Denim Richards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 10, 2019 1:44 PM

Nice

by Anonymousreply 40May 10, 2019 1:50 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 41May 10, 2019 4:39 PM

Season 2 started tonight. So glad Gael pushed Callie away and hope he doesn't go back to her. He needs a good man in his life.

Really hope they bring back Bryan though.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2019 3:27 AM

So glad it’s back

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2019 9:51 AM

So Gael came out to his family and is getting back with his ex. Cool!

Really hate Alice and her non-binary girlfriend... sorry 'partner'.

by Anonymousreply 44July 3, 2019 5:52 AM

Another gay character, and this time played by a gay actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2019 3:06 AM

Alright

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2019 12:12 PM

Once again the bisexual character can't keep a relationship. At least he didn't cheat this time.

by Anonymousreply 47August 7, 2019 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!