Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Looking for shows for my niece

Does anyone know if there's a service that edits out cigarettes and smoking from films and TV programs? My sister and I are looking for shows for her 12 year old kid who's a big history buff, but it seems all the films that interest would interest her have excessive amounts of cigarette smoking in them, even recent films. 😑

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2019 2:42 AM

I hope you are trolling. No kid will flourish with this censorship.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2019 8:25 PM

eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2019 8:27 PM

I don't recall any smoking in Spartacus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2019 8:42 PM

0/10, OP

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2019 8:45 PM

No barebacking prolapsed whores on PrEP!

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2019 8:46 PM

The HORROR!

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2019 8:50 PM

Is pole smoking out of the question?

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2019 8:52 PM

Is vaping Ok?

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2019 1:38 AM

Buy her a pack of smokes and get her a copy of Caligula and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2019 1:42 AM

So what you're looking for is something that reflects history but a completely rewritten version of it that isn't actually historically accurate?

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2019 1:46 AM

Both my parents smoked. Two of their children smoked (one quit) and two didn't.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2019 2:10 AM

I Claudius has no smoking in it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2019 2:20 AM

OP, I admire your wise avuncular diligence. In 1973 I took my own impressionable niece to what I thought would be a fine historical film about the Great Depression, Paper Moon. How was I to know it was filled with romanticized scenes of cigarette smoking, and that it would turn Uncle's Little Angel into a three-pack a day nicotine addict? She recently had a tracheostomy and told me in a somewhat accusatory tone, using her electrolarynx, that she wished I had taken her to "The Exorcist" instead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2019 2:25 AM

R13 are you single?

I would like to marry you.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2019 2:28 AM

The perfect show for your niece (who is a history buff) Voyagers now on DVD - watch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2019 2:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!