Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Senator Kamala Harris Launches 2020 Presidential Campaign

[QUOTE]Kamala Harris, a former California attorney general and San Francisco district attorney who was elected to the Senate two years ago, officially launched her campaign for president on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424February 21, 2019 4:10 PM

She has a better chance than the other ladies...only because she is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2019 11:45 AM

YAY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2019 11:45 AM

She clearly has the smarts.. presents herself well.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2019 12:01 PM

Gillibrand doesn't have a chance.. Kamala will blow her out of the water.. thank god.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2019 12:02 PM

Kamala's campaign website is now live (see link below). Her sister Maya will be the chair and the campaign will be based in Baltimore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2019 12:07 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2019 12:10 PM

It would be the ultimate humiliation for Trump to be defeated by a woman of color.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Just signed up and donated,R5! It doesn't mean that I will vote for her but she is a voice that I want to hear A LOT from during this campaign.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2019 12:14 PM

R7.. So true.. ha!

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2019 12:16 PM

Our American values are on the line -- and our country’s future depends on how we fight back. It’s going to take millions of Americans coming together to raise their voices, together. That’s why Kamala is running for President: to fight for truth, decency, justice, and equality.

Thanks for signing up to join Kamala’s team today. Here are some things you can do next to support our campaign:

Follow Kamala on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for real-time updates.

Forward this email to five of your friends and family and encourage them to get involved.

Represent Team Kamala with some awesome campaign merch.

Give a donation of $10 or more today. Our campaign doesn’t accept a dime from PACs, so we’re relying on grassroots contributions from people like you to power our movement. Every donation -- no matter what amount -- truly makes a difference.

Thanks again for joining Kamala’s campaign for President. We’re so happy to have you on our team.

Talk soon,

Team Kamala

PAID FOR BY KAMALA HARRIS FOR THE PEOPLE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2019 12:19 PM

[QUOTE]It would be the ultimate humiliation for Trump to be defeated by a woman of color.

She will have the Obamas by her side at the White House on day one.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2019 12:27 PM

I love her!!!!! I'm there. Definitely supporting her. I will support whoever the Democrats nominate, but I'm going to be helping Kamala right now. There are two ways to vote in November. But the bottom line is we will be voting for the Democrat and not some 3rd party fake candidate. Trump must be defeated. Voting 3rd party will help Trump. Turn off the noise machines and stay focused.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2019 12:34 PM

The Map:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2019 12:37 PM

She’s the whole package. I hope Biden stops his “only I can win” nonsense and gets behind her candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2019 12:46 PM

[quote]The Map:

Pennsylvania and Michigan are “must-win” states, along with one or two others.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2019 1:08 PM

She's off to a good start, according to the map.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2019 1:08 PM

I love her, but that's a lot of airbrushing on her pic at r5!

Still donated though! She's got my support!

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2019 1:15 PM

Trump wants Biden to run. He's goading him into running. I hope someone Biden will listen to tells him to stand down. Biden can't beat Trump.

I'll tell you what. I have only anecdotal evidence. My mother's friends and acquaintances at the Senior center where she goes to lunch once a week. They hate immigrants. They are terrified of Muslims and "Sharia Law" and they most of all, want everything "to be the way it used to be." Many of them don't like Trump, but they will vote for him because of that. These people actually believe there is a crisis at the border. Why? Because "the President had to send in the troops." When you tell them he put children in cages and separated them from their parents, they will respond with, "Why did they ever bring those poor kids in the first place."

These people are not complicated. They are your basic over 65 voters who have a very simplistic view of the world. When you tell they the Republicans want to take away their Social Security and their Medicare, they will laugh and say, "Oh they've been trying to do that for years and nothing will happen." The point is, if you walk through the door with 38% of voters supporting you, they you have to figure out how to find the other 13% and that's the GOP game plan. There are a lot of ways to do that and one of them is increase the value of your 38% by discouraging and confusing people, getting them to stay home. So we have a lot of work to do. Voter behavior is a rich area of exploration. It's like a course in Psy Ops.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Kamala Harris Verified account @KamalaHarris

I'm running for president. Let's do this together. Join us: kamalaharris(dot)org

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Booker must be seething she announced today rather than him.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2019 1:31 PM

I’ll be supporting her in the primary for sure, and hopefully the general.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2019 1:33 PM

She is attractive, speaks well, has a solid resume and decades of experience in government, and brings diversity to the ticket.

She’s going to be hard to beat.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2019 1:37 PM

You snooze.. you lose.. R20.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2019 1:37 PM

Booker is so not ready for prime time. He really lacks the depth and the life experience to be a Presidential candidate. I was disappointed Deval Patrick stepped away. I would've supported him. Booker is not as sharp.Booker would be like the Van Jones of candidates. He says a few things that get your attention, and just when you think he might be someone worth following, he shits on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2019 1:42 PM

As a prosecutor she supported criminalizing truancy which mostly affected low income minority students and dragged them into the criminal justice system just for ditching school, “as district attorney she successfully championed a statewide version of an anti-truancy law that she had put in place in San Francisco. A law that threatened parents of chronically truant children with as much as a $2,000 fine and a year in jail.”

I have a fundamental problem with someone who wants governmental power thinking this clear governmental overreach is okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2019 1:46 PM

She had the illegal alien scandal with her criminal justice program. She even admitted she fucked up. She’s toast. This is coming from someone who likes her. Trump and the GOP will destroy her with it.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Every word out of her mouth should be to attract PA, OH, WI, ILL, FL, the Midwest. AZ is in play. She should focus on kitchen table issues like the Democrats did in the midterms. And stay away from trannies, Chelsea Handler, and Hollywood. She should surround her campaign with working families. She has to talk to white people, too.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2019 1:47 PM

R18, you need to get out more and stop deluding yourself that strawmanning elderly voters will move the needle.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2019 1:49 PM

Soft on crime, kissed financial-industry ass. I want a Democrat with a goddamn spine.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Yes.. Concentrate on the highest electoral vote/red states...that she will need to win. Hillary slacked off on those states and that hurt her. Democrats, learn through her mistake.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2019 1:51 PM

SHE SUCCESSFULLY BLOCKED THE "KILL THE GAYS" MEASURE that some religious right-wing nut was almost successful getting on the ballot.

Kamala Harris challenge to 'kill the gays' initiative may fail but still looks shrew

(she won)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2019 1:54 PM

R29 Before now, she has only ever been a state official, in California. How can a state AG do anything to the financial industry —that’s outside of state law jurisdiction, regulated by federal law.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2019 1:56 PM

Her message to the red states: you’ve been run by Republicans for decades and you’re broke. Don’t you deserve better?

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2019 1:56 PM

Does she have her policies somewhere? The West no longer has any leaders with a clear vision of the future.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2019 1:58 PM

That's a big problem with Democratic candidates, 27. They have to appeal to the midwestern and more conservative states, but they can't stray too far from the new, more left political views. The new dems in power like AOC and the Twitter mafia will call out a fellow dem if they don't stay in line.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2019 1:59 PM

Knowing the Dems if anything they'll overcorrect and focus so hard on MI/PA/WI they'll ignore key constituents elsewhere.

Hopefully the eventual candidate has a smart enough team to course correct. They need to assemble as much of Obama's 2012 team as they can.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2019 2:01 PM

The New Democrats like AOC focus heavily on jobs, healthcare, SS, and Medicare. That’s the lane Kamala must stay in. She frightens the GOP the most.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2019 2:04 PM

[quote]I have a fundamental problem with someone who wants governmental power thinking this clear governmental overreach is okay.

Because it’s so unreasonable, R25, to expect that parents make sure their children are in school? Sorry, but that’s part of the responsibility of being a parent.

Those kids, mostly “low income minority students”, need to be in school and not on the streets to have a chance at a successful life... and good for her for trying to do something about it.

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2019 2:08 PM

As long as she stays clear of AOC, and doesn't align herself with her, she'll be the clear front-runner. Nowadays AOC is as polarizing and unlikable as Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2019 2:09 PM

I'm glad she announced she's running. But these election cycles are way to fucking long and toxic. The 2015/2016 election season really drained the fuck out of me. I can't believe we're about to go through this again!!

It's the toxicity that gets to me and the coverage is over the top.

That being said, as of right now I fully support Harris and I've just donated $1K dollars to her campaign. So I'm in.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2019 2:10 PM

Huh - I find Hillary extremely likeable. AOC, not so much.

Go Kamala!

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2019 2:10 PM

There is nothing in her background that would cause me to not support her. Nothing. Why? you may ask? Who among the Republicans can cast the first stone?

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2019 2:11 PM

[Quote] Those kids, mostly “low income minority students”, need to be in school and not on the streets to have a chance at a successful life... and good for her for trying to do something about it.

And those families are the last ones who need to worry about new fines or a parent in jail.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2019 2:11 PM

[quote] Nowadays AOC is as polarizing and unlikable as Hillary.

That's because of the marketing. AOC, (even as crazy as she is), talks local issues and steps on the toes of the establishment--including her own party. She'll be alright.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2019 2:13 PM

I meant hillary was unlikable to conservatives, a group of people Harris has to appeal to. I voted for clinton too, r41.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2019 2:13 PM

^Thise parents had kids so they should take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2019 2:13 PM

R43 I agree with you, but maybe she thought extreme measures would work for both parents and kids. I don't agree with what she did either. But maybe she saw it as a form of tough love perhaps?

At least she tried to correct that mistake.

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2019 2:15 PM

People like your mother, R18, need to be shot in the head. Right between the eyes. Have you ever told that old cunt she's outlived her usefulness?

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2019 2:17 PM

I wonder if the Obama coalition will come out in full force to support Harris?

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2019 2:17 PM

[quote]I wonder if the Obama coalition will come out in full force to support Harris?

I think most of them will.

A lot of voters were ready to elect a woman last time, but didn’t feel like Hillary was the right one, and had other reservations about her.

I think they’ll feel like Harris is the right candidate at this time.

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2019 2:22 PM

If they thought Hillary was too uppity and too smart for her own good, will they really vote for Kamala?

All the same, I love her and will support her.

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2019 2:24 PM

Kamala Harris, "l'Obama girl californienne", candidate à la présidentielle américaine

Si elle arrive à ses fins, après avoir remporté les primaires démocrates, elle serait la première femme présidente des Etats-Unis, mais aussi la première Noire.

"Yes she will". La sénatrice américaine Kamala Harris a annoncé lundi 21 janvier sa candidature à l'élection présidentielle de 2020, rejoignant le groupe croissant des prétendants démocrates souhaitant empêcher Donald Trump d'accéder à un second mandat.

"Le futur de notre pays dépend de vous et de millions d'autres personnes élevant nos voix pour défendre les valeurs américaines", a-t-elle déclaré dans une vidéo postée sur Twitter. "C'est pourquoi je suis candidate pour devenir présidente des Etats-Unis."

La sénatrice de 54 ans a choisi un jour férié aux Etats-Unis, célébrant l'anniversaire de la naissance de Martin Luther King, pour faire cette annonce - tout un symbole pour cette fille d'immigrés dont les parents ont participé au mouvement des droits civiques.

Seconde sénatrice noire dans l'histoire américaine Si elle arrive à ses fins, après avoir au préalable remporté les primaires démocrates, elle serait la première femme présidente des Etats-Unis, mais aussi la première Noire.

Ce ne serait pas la première fois qu'elle décroche un titre de pionnière.

Après deux mandats de procureure de San Francisco (2004-2011), elle a été élue deux fois procureure de Californie (2011-2017), devenant alors la première femme, mais aussi la première personne noire, à diriger les services judiciaires de ce grand Etat.

Puis en janvier 2017, elle a prêté serment au Sénat à Washington, s'inscrivant comme la première femme originaire d'Asie du Sud, du fait des origines tamoules de sa mère, et seulement la seconde sénatrice noire dans l'histoire américaine.

Kamala Harris est notamment connue pour ses interrogatoires serrés, au ton parfois dur, lors d'auditions sous haute tension, comme celle du candidat conservateur controversé à la Cour suprême Brett Kavanaugh en 2018.

A 22 mois des élections présidentielles, plusieurs candidats se sont déjà déclarés côté démocrate, à l'image des sénatrices Elizabeth Warren ou Kirsten Gillibrand, pilier du mouvement MeToo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2019 2:24 PM

Agreed, r47. She tried to fix a problem and missed the mark. I don't like she even resorted to that "solution" in the first place though. She's smart enough to have known better, and hope she learned from her mistake.

A lack of parenting skills, and kids' behavior problems are often deeply rooted within communities and oftentimes generational, and addressing them at the familial level is the way to begin solving those problems. It's more time consuming, expensive, and tiresome, but the next generation of kids deserve us to put in the effort.

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Love her. She’s smart, she’s decent*, she’s eloquent, and yes she’s attractive.

*except to Palestinians

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2019 2:31 PM

[quote]If they thought Hillary was too uppity and too smart for her own good

Most people didn’t think Hillary was “too smart”. She made a lot of very stupid decisions over the years that caused many to question her judgment.

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2019 2:32 PM

Hillary made “stupid” decisions? No she was a politician doing what they do. Bernbots watched their scruffy messiah collapse in flames, you’d think they’d know better by now, but ... nope.

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2019 2:34 PM

I don’t blame her for that at all. We had a minority group in my town that neglected the children and didn’t send them to school. The school tried everything to get those kids in. At one point a group of us seniors would be sent over to the area of town they lived in to round up the kids. The kids would be outside playing and there were no adults around. They were either gone to work since the crack of dawn or they were still in bed. We would bribe the kids with candy. Sometimes the principal went and knocked on doors. They tried holding meetings for the parents, sending letters, offering a free snack pack for kids to take home, providing free school supplies.....This was 1987. Today, the kids in the neighborhood are still out on the street, ditching school and the school district has given up. I have no idea how to solve the problem but I won’t blame anyone for trying.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2019 2:35 PM

I like her a lot....but to repeat...run Bernie, a woman, or a person of color and we lose again.

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2019 2:36 PM

Kamala Harris For The People

(Unisex Heather White Tee)

$29.99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]I like her a lot....but to repeat...run Bernie, a woman, or a person of color and we lose again.

Absolutely disagree! Meet Lauren Underwood. The youngest Black woman ever elected to Congress by a very red and conservative area. Her issue(s)? HEALTHCARE!

It's all about the message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Anti-trans troll, anti-AOC troll, anti-black troll, anti-woman troll, yep, this thread is crawling with filthy trolls. Death to all of you.

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2019 2:42 PM

Has Susan Sarandon commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2019 2:44 PM

Susan Sarandon needs to stay quiet this election cycle. We don't need assholes like her fucking anything up this go around.

Please Susan!

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2019 2:51 PM

The only way Kamala can win is if she can really get black voters and POC to ALL come out and VOTE. And young voters of all colors.

I hope she does.

by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2019 2:51 PM

She has my support. But if Klobuchar announces she's running, I will be torn.

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2019 2:58 PM

The concensus on MSNBC is that Harris is the front-runner.

by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2019 3:04 PM

[quote]She has my support. But if Klobuchar announces she's running, I will be torn.

There are A LOT of good people running and who will get into the race. It all comes down to the message.

Julian Castro: I like running because it is a major step for the Hispanic community. But, I feel that he is more suited for a more upper level cabinet position. I don't see him as president--yet.

Elizabeth Warren: I love her but I would like to see her in a more powerful position in Congress or maybe a cabinet position.

Kirsten Gilibrand: Dead in the water. I'll never forgive her for what she did to Al Franken.

For me, Kamala just has "it" at this time.

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2019 3:05 PM

Her past as Willie Brown's "girlfriend" will come back to haunt her in these MeToo days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2019 3:08 PM

[quote] Has Susan Sarandon commented yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2019 3:14 PM

R55, fuck off with your BernieBro nonsense.

Hilary was excellent, overqualified, warm, and WON. She kicked Bernie’s and Trump’s respective asses in the votes.

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2019 3:18 PM

Kirsten Killibrand... gone, bye bye..

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2019 3:23 PM

[quote]Hilary was excellent, overqualified, warm, and WON.

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2019 3:34 PM

Who's Sen. Harris' campaign manager? That means a lot. Lord please don't let her get that narrow minded overrated queen who ran Hillary's 2016 campaign.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2019 3:34 PM

Fuck off, incel at R72.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2019 3:37 PM

If the only thing you guys have on Kamala Harris is that she briefly dated Willie Brown in the 90s r68, we are doing pretty good.

No one cares. The same things were thrown at her back in 2003 when she ran for DA and it was actually relevant.

by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2019 3:44 PM

Snatched up the illest viscous pitbull in a skirt Makin em hurt, haters steady dishin up dirt Changin the game, settin the rules, makin it work

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2019 3:47 PM

Please. I know what Democratic Party stands for. I know they support universal healthcare, a higher minimum wage, job training, the Environment, and raising our public educational standards. I know they want reasonable gun safety regulations, and they want reasonable protections for consumers from our financial services industry. They support women's reproductive rights, pro Gay Rights, they are anti discriminatory practices and racism, abuses by the criminal justice system, and fatal force by unprofessional police. The "how" may differ from one candidate to another, but in general most of them are in agreement about what the Democratic Party stands for. I'm not going to go into the weeds with these candidates and I'm certainly not going to play Trump's game and tear individual Democrats apart for him. I'm supporting Kamala. I love Amy Klobuchar, too. And Sherrod Brown. If Kamala gets the nomination one of them would make a fine running mate, but she has the energy, the intelligence, and the charisma to make the case and win this.

by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2019 3:48 PM

I know I'm not supposed to say this and I hate that I feel this way, but are there REALLY voters who chose Trump over Hillary who will chose a black woman over Trump this time? Are the people of color who sat out 2016 really enough to have a different outcome? I just don't see how this isn't doing the same thing again and hoping for a different result.

by Anonymousreply 78January 21, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote]Are the people of color who sat out 2016 really enough to have a different outcome?

Actually yes, if Hillary got Obama levels of black turn out in the midwest she would have won. It doesn't take much to swing the outcome. Trump won by 70k votes in three states.

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2019 4:02 PM

Okay R78, you have to understand why Trump won in the first place;

-Nearly 30 years of an unrelenting negative marketing campaign against Hillary Clinton. You can ask more than a few people to explain why they HATE Hillary Clinton and they can't give you any definitive answers except that they HATE her.

-Greed and jealousy. A certain faction of the Trump voters were attracted to the smoke & mirrors that displayed apartments, travel, wealth, women, etc. Trump's a businessman and therefore that is the reason why he is successful. Just look at all of his stuff!

-Racism: There was a severe backlash because of the Obama presidency. The same thing happened after the Civil War when many blacks were elected to office. You simply have white folk that ain't havin' it. "White is right!"

But, here's the thing...

Those people are dwindling. Every year their numbers become smaller and smaller. So, to answer your question; Yes! People, (of all persuasions), will indeed vote for a Black woman if the message is right.

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2019 4:09 PM

[quote] No one cares. The same things were thrown at her back in 2003 when she ran for DA and it was actually relevant.

That was in 2003, R75. Sleeping with your boss to get a job takes on a different meaning in a MeToo climate. Biden or Warren are a safer bet at this point.

by Anonymousreply 81January 21, 2019 4:12 PM

The thing about the 2016 election is that it was an election between two historically unpopular candidates, if the Democrats run someone more popular than Hillary Clinton was (which is most democrats), it is likely to think they can win. Trump barely won by the skin of his teeth.

You are talking a president whose approval rating has hovered only around 40%.

by Anonymousreply 82January 21, 2019 4:16 PM

#82 The fucking media wanted him to win, don't you understand that by now.

by Anonymousreply 83January 21, 2019 4:17 PM

I am on her mailing list. After the announcement, she begs for money (as all politicians do in every single email, so fine), and then she says this:

“I want to be clear: ours will not be a campaign against our current president. It will be a campaign FOR the very future of our country. FOR the people.”

Bummer. I am against the current president and I expect anyone I vote for likewise to be against him. He is against our nation.

by Anonymousreply 84January 21, 2019 4:20 PM

r83 makes a great point. The MainStreamMedia (here's looking at you Chuck Todd, Chris Matthews, ABC News, etc.) had as much to do with 45's win than any other factor. Fucking stupid when you consider what further damage 45 can do to the media if he gets another 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 85January 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Avoiding having Trump as the main focus was a winning strategy for the 2018 elections r84.

by Anonymousreply 86January 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Who's her gf?

by Anonymousreply 87January 21, 2019 4:24 PM

Numerically the Dems don't need to turn a single Trump voter. It would help, but it's not necessary. They need to GOTV to increase overall voter participation and they need to more effectively counter GOP voter suppression. They did a great job of it in 2018, they just need to sustain it.

by Anonymousreply 88January 21, 2019 4:29 PM

[quote]but are there REALLY voters who chose Trump over Hillary who will chose a black woman over Trump this time?

A lot of voters in PA and the other swing states hated both candidates.

But they felt like Trump was more of an unknown and were willing to give him a chance.

Well now he’s proven himself to be a failure, so I think a lot of those reluctant Trump voters in the Midwest are going to abandon him this time...if they feel like the opponent takes an interest in their issues.

by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote] so I think a lot of those reluctant Trump voters in the Midwest are going to abandon him this time

And vote for black woman?

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2019 4:33 PM

Why not r90? A lot of them voted for Obama, because they liked Obama. They didn't vote for Clinton, because they didn't like Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2019 4:34 PM

Ooo, R91, except they did vote for Clinton. She had quite a spread in beating both Bernie AND Trump.

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]except they did vote for Clinton.

They didn’t vote for her in PA, MI, and WI... the states we’re talking about here that had previously voted for Obama. Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2019 4:39 PM

I think Obama won in 2007 for a variety of reasons. Racism was just as virulent back then. But we had a financial meltdown. Major shit. And it actually began in pockets around the United States in 2006. By the end of 2007 and certainly in 2008, it was rapidly gaining momentum.

I think McCain was popular until people started looking at what was happening to them in their communities, and took a hard look at McCain and whether he was up to fixing it. I also think that 8 years of disastrous Republican leadership under Bush, and the choosing of Sarah Pailin were factors. So because of the genuine fear, and the disgust with Republicans, and the conviction McCain could not effectively address the financial crisis, a lot of people who would not ordinarily vote for Obama did.

Rove and others like McConnell wanted to make him a one term fluke, and allow him to clean up their financial mess. But then he won re election. It was a much tighter race, because Republicans were "going home" to Mitt Romney. I may be wrong, but I believe Obama got less of the white vote in 2012. Meanwhile the seeds of racism and division we sprouting in full flower, and the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus was ascendant. And the Hillary hate for the past 30 years was being weaponized as a political movement.

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2019 4:39 PM

McCain also had that weird moment in September 2008 when he decided to “suspend” his campaign in response to the financial crisis.

He just sort of disappeared, and seemed a bit unhinged, and people had doubts if he was really up to the challenge of being President.

The tide definitely turned in Obama’s favor after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2019 4:53 PM

[quote]Who's her gf?

Kathleen Chalfant

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2019 4:54 PM

But seriously: she's single? Hmmmmm.....

by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2019 4:56 PM

Palin cost McCain a ton of votes--probably not enough to flip the popular vote but possibly enough to flip the electoral college to Obama.

There's a slew of reasons why that's the case (not the least of which is Palin is an unredeemable idiot) but that plus the economy crashing and McCain's stunting about it during the campaign in contrast to Obama seeming calm, smart and reliable did McCain in.

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2019 4:57 PM

^ Forgot to add, there's actually studies showing how much Palin harmed McCain's image and campaign.

by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Shes not single. She married a few years ago and adopted his children.

by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2019 4:59 PM

[quote]But seriously: she's single? Hmmmmm.....

She’s married to a white man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 21, 2019 5:11 PM

Her hubby's cute

by Anonymousreply 102January 21, 2019 5:12 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Kamala "Hillary" Harris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Wait, please tell me that isn't going to be right-wing plan of attack r103?

Kamala "Hillary" Harris?! What kind of desperate, nonsensical bullshit is that? I'd go back to the drawing before before you try to keep trolling.

by Anonymousreply 104January 21, 2019 5:16 PM

R104, Kampala and Hillary Clinton are one in the same. They don’t represent the views of true progressives, they represent for Israel and the very very rich.

by Anonymousreply 105January 21, 2019 5:19 PM

Fuck off, anti-semite misogynist at R105.

[quote] They didn’t vote for her in PA, MI, and WI... the states we’re talking about here that had previously voted for Obama. Do keep up.

YOU KEEP UP, darling. Those very states are being investigated for Russian-pushed election fraud. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 106January 21, 2019 5:24 PM

R103 / R105 = Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

by Anonymousreply 107January 21, 2019 5:24 PM

Gurl, you guys are never going to let go of Hillary Clinton are you?

It's not that I don't expect to get troll bullshit here, I just wish it was better at least.

by Anonymousreply 108January 21, 2019 5:24 PM

It's emblematic of misogyny, R108.

No, they will never stop. And they lie about Obama too. They'll never stop that either.

by Anonymousreply 109January 21, 2019 5:31 PM

PRESS CONFERENCE!

by Anonymousreply 110January 21, 2019 5:36 PM

The 2016 election was stolen, people are more aware now of the trickery that GOP and foreign actors can achieve when they work together.

That is the advantage a 2020 Democratic candidate has over the 2016 Democratic candidates. Also, 2020 will welcome a new generation of voters in the election, gen Z. 2000 was the last time we had a new generation voting, the back end of Gen x and Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 111January 21, 2019 5:37 PM

I like Kamala and will support her ONLY if she’s not a Bernie Sanders or that AOC person.

by Anonymousreply 112January 21, 2019 5:39 PM

She just said something at her press conference along the lines of “I intend to get votes by going to where the voters are.”

Subtle dig at Hillary, I think.

by Anonymousreply 113January 21, 2019 5:46 PM

Here is hoping that AOC will attach herself the Kamala like a barnacle.

The people who voted for Trump who where not his base but those who did not want to vote for another typical politician will not like Harris. If Harris gets the nom the Democrats will lose again.

by Anonymousreply 114January 21, 2019 5:48 PM

What r105 said.

by Anonymousreply 115January 21, 2019 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2019 5:52 PM

I'd estimate that around 40% of DLers wouldn't vote for Harris because they hate black people.

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2019 5:52 PM

Not happening. Anyone who had a bitch teacher isn’t going to vote for her. And I’m not being sexist. There are men who will never win an election because they look like they ignored students who told them about sexual abuse on the wrestling team.

Oh.....wait.....

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2019 5:56 PM

Kamala... what an... exotic name.

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2019 5:59 PM

R118... umm, what??

by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2019 6:04 PM

Haha, I totally get r118, because that's EXACTLY the brand of sarcasm I use.

by Anonymousreply 121January 21, 2019 6:06 PM

We need some kick ass women to get us out of this mess.

Harris/Klobucher 2020!

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2019 6:10 PM

Can't the DNC find a black candidate who is just black and grew up black in a black neighborhood?

Most black people in the US don't have exotic pedigrees, like African or Indian.

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2019 6:10 PM

[quote]Can't the DNC find a black candidate who is just black and grew up black in a black neighborhood?

White people aren’t going to vote for that.

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2019 6:12 PM

[quote]Harris/Klobucher 2020!

Two women is not going to work.

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote]Can't the DNC find a black candidate who is just black and grew up black in a black neighborhood? Most black people in the US don't have exotic pedigrees, like African or Indian.

In some fields, that's just the way it currently is. I work in a STEM field for an insurance company in NYC, and basically all of the black people I've worked with in the past 20 years have "exotic" pedigrees. I've actually worked with more black people from Africa than from the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2019 6:15 PM

What, you think Kamala Harris is going to struggle to appeal to black voters because she is half-Indian r123? That's not an issue, hell she went to Howard. The biggest hurdle there is her background as a prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2019 6:15 PM

She will be perceived as "uppity" by black women, the demographic she needs most, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the white husband and the light skin (sorry, just telling it like it is). She also has a tendency, especially at the ed of her sentences or when trying to make a point, to sink into kind of ghetto/ebonics style of speech, even if only for a few seconds. She did it on THE VIEW and I heard her do it again today. She needs to avoid even the slightest appearance of pandering to black women.

by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Who knew posters on the DL were experts on black women....

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]She will be perceived as "uppity" by black women, the demographic she needs most,

LOL! Black women are not like white bitches.

by Anonymousreply 130January 21, 2019 6:17 PM

[quote]Who knew posters on the DL were experts on black women....

We have many Jewish posters -- Jews are experts on black people.

by Anonymousreply 131January 21, 2019 6:19 PM

We need some strong feminine energy to get us out of this testosterone white supremacy minded mess. I'm looking at all the Democratic women candidates more so than the men. I will admit though, it really comes down to who can beat Damien.

by Anonymousreply 132January 21, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote]not the least of which is the white husband and the light skin

The White husband "might" be a problem among some Black men. But, who cares? They don't vote anyway or in prison and can't vote. The slight skin won't be a problem for her. People got through that with Vanessa Williams. There's a few stragglers but pretty much people are over the colorism.

HBCUs should be ready to JUMP on this! A Howard University graduate! They should be ALL OVER this now!

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2019 6:23 PM

Black people, and in particular, African American women, are much more practiced in voting their interests. They have excellent bullshit detectors, they are pragmatic, proud and practical. They are fearless and fierce. If you think they might not "like" Kamala, I have a bridge in the Bay Area I'd like to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2019 6:25 PM

She'll likely get called out about not knowing that one of her top aides was settling a harassment lawsuit. Given how tough she was at Kavanaugh, repubs will question how she was unaware of the lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 135January 21, 2019 6:25 PM

Yeah r133, I'm laughing at the idea that someone who graduated from an HBCU is going to turn off black voters.

by Anonymousreply 136January 21, 2019 6:27 PM

[quote]The White husband "might" be a problem among some Black men. But, who cares? They don't vote anyway or in prison and can't vote.

See? Jews are experts on blacks.

by Anonymousreply 137January 21, 2019 6:27 PM

Has Kanye West commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 138January 21, 2019 6:35 PM

Her husband is hot.

by Anonymousreply 139January 21, 2019 6:38 PM

Arizona is a must for her.

by Anonymousreply 140January 21, 2019 6:46 PM

She needs to study Hillary’s entire campaign, and then do the exact opposite of everything.

by Anonymousreply 141January 21, 2019 6:47 PM

But does she carry hot sauce in her purse?

by Anonymousreply 142January 21, 2019 6:47 PM

Are you really that stupid R84? She needs to stay away from the Trump tactics and stay on the issues. People want to hear about the issues, not that you hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 143January 21, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]Arizona is a must for her.

Why? Arizona would be nice, but it is hardly a must win state.

The path to the White House for Dems is obvious. The Hillary states + Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Again, whoever the Democrat is needs to flip 77k votes to win those three states and thus the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 144January 21, 2019 6:51 PM

Good! Great intellectual woman.

by Anonymousreply 145January 21, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]“I want to be clear: ours will not be a campaign against our current president. It will be a campaign FOR the very future of our country. FOR the people.”

That's how Obama talked as soon as we found out he was a butt boy for the banks.

by Anonymousreply 146January 21, 2019 6:59 PM

R142 loves repeating debunked Rethuglican talking points. But for the record, she has been talking about hot sauce for 20 years...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 21, 2019 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Arizona is a must for her if she has any prayer of getting the vote up. She’s a West coaster. Democrats are not only running for the White House but the Senate. Any candidate will be pressured to bring in Arizona and Texas’ senate seats. It is one of the reasons she is viable.

Arizona, North Carolina, and Michigan.

PA is the safest state of the swing states.

by Anonymousreply 149January 21, 2019 7:01 PM

Unclench r147, I was just joking lol

by Anonymousreply 150January 21, 2019 7:04 PM

To even get off the ground, she needs SOUTHERN BLACK WOMEN, which is why she's heading for South Carolina.

And yes, this demographic has very high bullshit detectors; she will have a lot to overcome.

by Anonymousreply 151January 21, 2019 7:09 PM

She will have to get PA, MI, and WI. That will get her to 264 votes, according to the map at R13.

She will need at least one additional state for those remaining 6 votes. Could be North Carolina, Arizona, or possibly somewhere else (MN? SC?)

by Anonymousreply 152January 21, 2019 7:12 PM

Biden/Kamala

by Anonymousreply 153January 21, 2019 7:32 PM

That's a posters make believe map r153.

If we count the states Hillary won that includes New Hampshire and Maine.

by Anonymousreply 154January 21, 2019 7:35 PM

[quote]"l'Obama girl californienne"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 21, 2019 7:38 PM

Love her. She has my support...

by Anonymousreply 156January 21, 2019 7:42 PM

I'm surprised at all you people who don't like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I'm a 56 year old white guy and I think she's great. She's focusing on the right issues and she's got the right attitude.

As for Kamala here, I'm surprised none of you have mentioned that she was very tough on crime as a prosecutor. Conservatives like that. But we'll see how she goes over in Iowa - I'm not going to pay any attention until then.

by Anonymousreply 157January 21, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]I'm surprised none of you have mentioned that she was very tough on crime as a prosecutor. Conservatives like that.

“Tough on crime” plays very well in the Midwest... which will definitely help her there.

by Anonymousreply 158January 21, 2019 8:27 PM

I adore her. Her, Beto and Biden. I want two of those three people on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 159January 21, 2019 8:29 PM

"Tough on Crime" Whites like to hire minorities to beat on other minorities so they won't have to do it and risk being called racist.

by Anonymousreply 160January 21, 2019 8:33 PM

FF’d R156.

by Anonymousreply 161January 21, 2019 8:44 PM

R157 I mean. Sorry R156.

by Anonymousreply 162January 21, 2019 8:44 PM

R83.. The mainstream media wanted him to win for four years of drama and ratings... $$$$. Looking at you, CNN. They love all the fodder surrounding trump.

by Anonymousreply 163January 21, 2019 9:03 PM

I agree R163. The media wanted Trump more than anybody. And, they want him in 2020. And, they want some other outrageous asshole in 2024. Trump is the new normal and I don’t know how gay rights will fare with that. Not good.

by Anonymousreply 164January 21, 2019 9:06 PM

Kamala needs the same type of campaign, that got Obama in as President. That was a very successful campaign.. model that.

by Anonymousreply 165January 21, 2019 9:06 PM

Fuck the media.. except PBS.. lol.

by Anonymousreply 166January 21, 2019 9:06 PM

Maybe Democrats will nominate Kevin Hart in 2024. Someone like him. Gays need to get used to Democrats turning on them.

by Anonymousreply 167January 21, 2019 9:07 PM

Laughing at the concern that Black women won't support her.

If you think Black women won't support her, you don't ever talk to Black women.

by Anonymousreply 168January 21, 2019 9:08 PM

I like Kamala Harris and supported her last year even but I don’t think Democrats are going to win. I think Trump may even will win the popular vote this time. Who knows. The media will be Trump 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 169January 21, 2019 9:09 PM

I think Fudge is a viable candidate. What do you think gays? She’s the future.

by Anonymousreply 170January 21, 2019 9:10 PM

I hope those of you jumping on this bandwagon really examine what Harris is all about. Not just listen to her campaign dialogue but read about her as a prosecutor. I don't trust her.

by Anonymousreply 171January 21, 2019 9:12 PM

But are you concerned R169?

Just how concerned are you?

by Anonymousreply 172January 21, 2019 9:15 PM

Not concerned, asshole. But you’re blocked.

by Anonymousreply 173January 21, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote]but I don’t think Democrats are going to win. I think Trump may even will win the popular vote this time

It will be a tough race. But if Democrats can’t win after this current shitshow... then a Democrat can never win again, ever.

by Anonymousreply 174January 21, 2019 9:25 PM

How and why in the world is anyone talking about winners and losers NOW? This is the problem with our politics. Everyone gets so caught up in the horse race and "how photogenic and well-liked are you!" that no one pays any attention to what these candidates are saying and standing for.

by Anonymousreply 175January 21, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote]Booker is so not ready for prime time. He really lacks the depth and the life experience to be a Presidential candidate.

Are you fucking kidding me? Agent Orange had political experience? He still doesn't, he refuses to learn his job. He thinks he's a fucking KING.

The motherfucker couldn't even keep his casinos afloat. The orange turd wasn't even a local assemblyman. He's totally unfit for ANY political office, yet this imbecile is the president. His presidency proves, literally anyone can become president. As long as you get gullible uneducated people to believe what you say, you're in.

Even with thousands of federal workers not getting paid, his insane followers are still backing that POS. The wall is waste of taxpayer dollars. Drugs and illegal aliens will always find a way of getting into the US. The orange POS won't even admit that most people become addicted to opioids through a doctor's prescription, yet he makes it sound as if opioids are basically recreational drugs coming over the border. Fuck that motherfucker. I despise Trump. I can't even LOOK at that fetid POS.

by Anonymousreply 176January 21, 2019 9:50 PM

How well liked candidates are is what wins elections r185. Join us in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 177January 21, 2019 9:51 PM

R175, people vote for the candidate they like the most. Voting is more of an emotional act than an intellectual or even a political one.

All the Democratic candidates will have beliefs much more like ours. They will all stand for things we want them to stand for. That Tulsi Gabbard person may be an exception, I don't know.

In any event, Kamala Harris is an outstanding candidate. POTUS, VPOTUS, either one works for me and we'll be lucky to get her.

As a former prosecutor she will take the fat orange traitor to pieces with a charming smile on her face.

by Anonymousreply 178January 21, 2019 10:52 PM

When will an openly gay person finally run? I wanna be alive when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 179January 21, 2019 11:08 PM

Everyone has skeletons and undesirable characteristics, but everything I have heard from her so far makes her a prime contender in my book. I like her perspectives and I like the way she delivers her thoughts. I’m not sure about her experience, but she could only be a thousand times more competent than the orange clown.

by Anonymousreply 180January 21, 2019 11:09 PM

She think she cute.

by Anonymousreply 181January 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Love her.

She's warm, but tough.

All the potshots the Putin trolls are taking at her sound weak and unhinged. Calling her a "cop" is your strategy?

by Anonymousreply 182January 21, 2019 11:14 PM

The Putin whores can blow me. Whoever the Democratic nominee is, we're going to crush the Republicans like bugs.

BUGS.

by Anonymousreply 183January 21, 2019 11:20 PM

She seems like a joyful person. Fierce, a fighter, but warm and compassionate. Do not tell me I "better look at her closer" I'm not stupid nor am I politically unsophisticated. Harris has my vote and I'm going to work for her. She's going to run a very smart campaign.

by Anonymousreply 184January 21, 2019 11:20 PM

What I really like about her, (and, what is missing from many other candidates), is that she comes across as having that fire in the belly. It's not I'm thinking about it or I'm forming an exploratory committee, etc. SHE's RUNNING!

by Anonymousreply 185January 21, 2019 11:24 PM

Are she and Obama in any way close? Hopefully he will offer her his expertise and support.

by Anonymousreply 186January 21, 2019 11:26 PM

Yes, Obama has a very high opinion of her and campaigned for her. I believe they're friends.

by Anonymousreply 187January 21, 2019 11:27 PM

Not close friends, r186, but they have a mutual admiration society.

The President will give advice and support to her and to any other Democratic nominee. Let's not forget though, Joe Biden was by his side in the trenches for eight years. They're like brothers and Joe is first in line as a candidate. If he runs, the President will be there for him.

by Anonymousreply 188January 21, 2019 11:31 PM

Fuck this neoliberal whore.

by Anonymousreply 189January 21, 2019 11:35 PM

Must watch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 21, 2019 11:41 PM

Hey. It was pretty obvious to me that Obama was cringing when Joe was talking about running in 2016. And Joe undermined Hillary. His campaign appearances were rather lukewarm and infrequent. I don't believe Obama wants Joe in the race. I think he would have supported Deval, bcz they're friends. He'd support Eric Holder if he ran, and Kamala Harris. I hope Holder doesn't run. He is important doing what he is doing right now on the voter suppression thing state by state and also filing lawsuits...and winning them through his organization. If Kamala wins I want her to put Holder in the SCOTUS. he will kick asses and Ruthie can finally breathe a sigh of relief. The point is the Democrats have a pretty deep bench, and the focus should be on beating Trump and supporting the nominee. Bernie ought to be ignored. So should a lot of others.

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2019 11:47 PM

She will siphon away youth votes from disagreeable Bernie Uncle Nosehairs. That disagreeable old coot is in for a big surprise -- Democrats know how he operates now and will not handle him with kid gloves.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2019 11:48 PM

Joe is 100.

Trump is 100.

Hillary is 100.

They’re all as old as Bernie was in 2015 when Bernie was deemed “too old” by everyone on both sides.

I respect elderly people’s experience, but these asshole ambitious baby boomers need to settle down and stop feeling entitled to run the world.

by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2019 11:49 PM

She may have my vote in the primary, and she will have my vote in the election if she wins the primary.

And THIS SITE better as fuck reject the Russian trolls this time around and not allow the sort of Kremlin-authorized bullshit that was being tossed around here about Hillary Clinton. I really hope Muriel or whomever the puppet masters here are will find some way to moderate and filter out anti-democratic trolls.

by Anonymousreply 194January 21, 2019 11:52 PM

I love Joe Biden but his time has come and gone re POTUS. He's too old. But, that doesn't mean that I would like to see him put out to pasture. He needs to be head of some worldwide organization that is led by the United States. Something like the United Nations.

by Anonymousreply 195January 21, 2019 11:52 PM

Biden is 76.

Sanders is 77.

Pelosi is 78.

Clinton is 71.

Trump is 72.

Kerry is 75.

Elizabeth Warren is a spring chicken at 69!

by Anonymousreply 196January 21, 2019 11:55 PM

Kamala is no better she have more problem then Clinton. Kamala Harris fought tooth and nail to uphold wrongful convictions that had been secured through official misconduct that included evidence tampering, false testimony and the suppression of crucial information by prosecutors.

Consider her record as San Francisco’s district attorney from 2004 to 2011. Ms. Harris was criticized in 2010 for withholding information about a police laboratory technician who had been accused of “intentionally sabotaging” her work and stealing drugs from the lab. After a memo surfaced showing that Ms. Harris’s deputies knew about the technician’s wrongdoing and recent conviction, but failed to alert defense lawyers, a judge condemned Ms. Harris’s indifference to the systemic violation of the defendants’ constitutional rights.

Ms. Harris contested the ruling by arguing that the judge, whose husband was a defense attorney and had spoken publicly about the importance of disclosing evidence, had a conflict of interest. Ms. Harris lost. More than 600 cases handled by the corrupt technician were dismissed.

Kamala Harris Fails to Explain Why She Didn't Prosecute Steven Mnuchin's Bank ...

Ms. Harris also championed state legislation under which parents whose children were found to be habitually truant in elementary school could be prosecuted, despite concerns that it would disproportionately affect low-income people of color.

Ms. Harris was similarly regressive as the state’s attorney general. When a federal judge in Orange County ruled that the death penalty was unconstitutional in 2014, Ms. Harris appealed. In a public statement, she made the bizarre argument that the decision “undermines important protections that our courts provide to defendants.”

In 2015, she opposed a bill requiring her office to investigate shootings involving officers. And she refused to support statewide standards regulating the use of body-worn cameras by police officers.

Worst of all, though, is Ms. Harris’s record in wrongful conviction cases. Consider George Gage, an electrician with no criminal record who was charged in 1999 with sexually abusing his stepdaughter, who reported the allegations years later. The case largely hinged on the stepdaughter’s testimony and Mr. Gage was convicted.

by Anonymousreply 197January 21, 2019 11:57 PM

I beg your pardon but Hillary is 101. Anyway. I hate her voice. It's always so quivering. She had drinking in my Sunday dress voice.

by Anonymousreply 198January 21, 2019 11:59 PM

R197, dumb trump troll, welcome to ignore, cunt.

I just contributed to Kamala's campaign AND to Nancy Pelosi's re-elect because it's never too soon to support the Speaker who is KICKING FAT ORANGE ASS.

by Anonymousreply 199January 22, 2019 12:01 AM

R197’s first sentence show it to be a moron...

by Anonymousreply 200January 22, 2019 12:03 AM

R199 She sure is kicking his ass. I never liked Pelosi much for a few reasons. She is pretty much my hero now.

by Anonymousreply 201January 22, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote]I beg your pardon but Hillary is 101. Anyway. I hate her voice. It's always so quivering. She had drinking in my Sunday dress voice.

Whose voice are you talking about??

Because I think Kamala has a nice speaking voice.

Hillary’s shrill voice, like it or not, was a big part of why people couldn’t stand her.

by Anonymousreply 202January 22, 2019 12:04 AM

Pelosi and Trump are at a stalemate.

The only ones getting their asses kicked are the federal workers who are furloughed, or working without pay.

by Anonymousreply 203January 22, 2019 12:08 AM

R197, you need a Russian to English translator that better understands verb tense and prepositions.

by Anonymousreply 204January 22, 2019 12:12 AM

No, r203, honey, Fuckface von Clownstick is getting his fat orange ass kicked by Nancy's size six black suede pump.

R201, I was trying to tell some people prior to the mid-terms that Pelosi was a bad ass but they just weren't into it. Now, like you, they can't sing her praises enough. They're all like, "Oh my god, she's fantastic!"

She really is killing it. It's pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 205January 22, 2019 12:13 AM

Harris, Warren, Klobuchar etc.

They would make terrific VPs for Biden, Brown etc.

by Anonymousreply 206January 22, 2019 12:23 AM

R205 In all honesty, I think the challenging of Pelosi by so many prior to her election as House speaker also jolted her with extra oomph. My doubt about whether she HAD to be reelected as speaker was based on two primary things. First, it’s somewhat ageist but also progressive: it seemed like most people felt like Pelosi should be speaker because she already had been speaker, and that’s just what you do: the same thing that’s always done. And that combined with my age made me wonder if the D party really is as resistant to change as the R party is, despite calling itself progressive. But Pelosi was more publicly embracing of AOC and other newcomers, but also firm, and I respected and respect that. The other and more serious issue for me is that I have seen Pelosi speak at several events here in DC, and two of the three times, she simply read written notes that were gushing and flattering to her audience, and she sounded insincere, as if she had never read the words before and really had no genuine idea why she was there. She was better the other time, but I still had the impression she was just showing up to pacify people. Which is politics, but it rubs me the wrong way. Even Marco Rubio has come across as more sincere at the same events. But as of now, I am impressed with how she is handling Trump. Men are forgiven for being assholes and women are punished for being firm, but she’s one of few politicians who is firmly not taking his shit. People on the right thought Ryan and McConnell were indominable, and both cower in the face of Trump’s tyranny. Schumer is proving to be useless. Right now, this image captures how I think of Pelosi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 22, 2019 12:26 AM

R194 People didn't need "Russian trolls" to tell us that Hillary Clinton sucks. We already knew.

by Anonymousreply 208January 22, 2019 12:27 AM

I would take a leave of absence to work an a Klobuchar campaign.

by Anonymousreply 209January 22, 2019 12:29 AM

She, meaning Klobuchar, doesn't seem to want in but I hope she's thinking it over.

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2019 12:30 AM

Approximately 77,341 +/- have declared their candidacy for Democrat nominee. Why not Klobuchar, too?

by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2019 12:40 AM

The kicker is that all these women are frontrunners because of Trump. Had he not been so egregiously offensive, racist, misogynistic, a rapist and likely a daughter fucker in plain sight, any woman who said she wants to run would be immediately diminished and compared unfavorably to Hillary Clinton. But now people are fired up and ready to fight, ladies first.

by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2019 12:43 AM

Could R197 be any more of an obvious Russian troll.

After a sad attempt at english "she have more problem", Vlad just pasted from NYT opinion piece.

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2019 12:43 AM

Oh God. When are we going to give the Russian bot thing a rest?

by Anonymousreply 214January 22, 2019 12:46 AM

[quote]Oh God. When are we going to give the Russian bot thing a rest?

When they go away.

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2019 12:50 AM

Not this season, R214, they are out in force. You should see them all over the New York Times and Washington Post article comment sections. It's like a plague of locusts.

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2019 12:51 AM

R214 when are you going to stop denying the obvious R214? Even if every troll isn't a literal Russian bot, there are obvious waves of scripted deplorable messaging that come screaming through this site and many other internet comment sections. You think it's pure coincidence that similar phrases and concepts and identical lies get pushed in random places at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2019 12:54 AM

"Oh God. When are we going to give the Russian bot thing a rest?"

The consensus of studies post 2016 (unbiased, and international sources) tells reasonable people "russian bot" is just a cute way of stating a genuine persistent effort, please, enjoy your time in denial.

by Anonymousreply 218January 22, 2019 12:59 AM

I can hear the Republicans already working feverishly on comprising opposition research...

by Anonymousreply 219January 22, 2019 1:03 AM

Really? What are they saying?

by Anonymousreply 220January 22, 2019 1:06 AM

The person who wants to stop addressing the bot issue is most likely a bot. Don’t you think that after two years they would be trained to deny that there are any bots at all?

by Anonymousreply 221January 22, 2019 1:07 AM

I thought she was known here as "The Kamala Harris". I thought that was so snappy and cute. She should put that on some tshirts!

by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2019 1:17 AM

I knew almost nothing about her until I saw her on The View. She honestly blew me away. She came across as warm and likable, and above all, natural. Charismatic. More than anything else, charisma is what determines the presidency these days. Look at every election since 1992. Disregard policy. The more charismatic candidate one every single election. The Dems WILL lose if they nominate somebody like Booker, or Warren, or Castro, or Swalwell, the latter of which is just this side of white rice in terms of blandness.

Think of the 2020 debates. How would Warren do against Trump? Could you imagine? He would demolish her. He'd be bloviating and then she'd respond with something factual and come across as interesting as a wet noodle. We need a candidate who can take control of the narrative and command the space. Not merely respond to Trump, but OWN the floor. Hillary couldn't do that. We all watched the debated to see what Trump would do or say - nobody watched for Hillary.

If you think in those terms, Harris is a natural choice. Beto too, if he can get his shit together. Biden as well, but he's too old at this point. I don't know enough about Klobuchar to comment.

by Anonymousreply 223January 22, 2019 1:28 AM

All together now, people:

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!"

by Anonymousreply 224January 22, 2019 1:29 AM

I think people are already reading too deeply into her legislative track-record, like that is going to make or break her battle against Trump. Even a perfect political resume means nothing if she can't beat him in the news cycle.

Trump won because the media made him larger than life. Unfortunately, the fact that this stale Russia investigation is the leading story on every news program tonight, over her announcement, means she's got some work to do. She should consult Maxine Waters on how to stir the pot so she can be the top story every night!

by Anonymousreply 225January 22, 2019 1:29 AM

R219, they tried that three years ago when she ran for the senate. Opponents in CA, Democratic and Republican, tried even before that.

The thing about being a Black candidate for high office in America is that you have to be cleaner, smarter and better than a white candidate. The slightest scandal can take you down. Look at President Obama, no scandal bigger than wearing a tan suit in eight years. That's how clean you have to be. Kamala already met that burden and she will continue to do so.

by Anonymousreply 226January 22, 2019 1:33 AM

[quote]the fact that this stale Russia investigation is the leading story on every news program tonight, over her announcement, means she's got some work to do.

I think she did pretty good today! Her announcement received much more coverage than the other announced candidates thus far.

by Anonymousreply 227January 22, 2019 1:34 AM

Please. People bring a skill set to any job. What is very important for a President is the temperament, and the intelligence and their ability to communicate. Obama had all of that, and he was a thoughtful, deliberate person.He knew how to assemble a great team.

Now. Kamala needs a great team around her. She needs a great campaign staff and she has to show she can raise money. That will determine if she can really make a successful run.

Now that she is in,I have to wonder if there are any top political strategists or campaign operatives who are still holding out for the person they see as a front runner. I think a lot of them will go for Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 228January 22, 2019 1:34 AM

[QUOTE]Trump won because the media made him larger than life. Unfortunately, the fact that this stale Russia investigation is the leading story on every news program tonight, over her announcement, means she's got some work to do. She should consult Maxine Waters on how to stir the pot so she can be the top story every night!

Maybe the American people are sick of having a president who’s the top story every night.

by Anonymousreply 229January 22, 2019 2:42 AM

We are still a long way from the election, but as of right now Trump is very beatable. Even if you don't want to believe his approval ratings, believe the results of the 2018 election.

by Anonymousreply 230January 22, 2019 3:08 AM

I’m a Californian so I want Kamala. But I’ll support whoever is the Dem nominee. I’ll start really paying attention when the primaries start. It’s too early to be stressed about 2020.

by Anonymousreply 231January 22, 2019 3:10 AM

I don't get how she's that special. She seems fine but fairly unremarkable to me. But then again, I wasn't entranced by Obama, and he really did capture the imagination of the American electorate. Of course I will support Harris if she's the nominee, but to me Elizabeth Warren is more impressive and more inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 232January 22, 2019 3:13 AM

Yeah, Hiawatha Warren is so impressive. Can’t wait until Kamala scalps her on a debate stage for claiming Native American heritage in order to advance her career.

by Anonymousreply 233January 22, 2019 3:16 AM

[quote] When will an openly gay person finally run? I wanna be alive when it happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 22, 2019 3:23 AM

[quote]Yeah, Hiawatha Warren is so impressive. Can’t wait until Kamala scalps her on a debate stage for claiming Native American heritage in order to advance her career.

Her die-hard fans seem pretty tedious too.

by Anonymousreply 235January 22, 2019 3:24 AM

Honestly r179, Peter Buttgieg might jump in this cycle. He has kept trying to put out feelers.

He is in a difficult position where being in Indiana really limits his upward progression from mayor.

by Anonymousreply 236January 22, 2019 3:32 AM

Hopefully the Orange Turd will have a massive heart attack or stroke before the next election. The man is far from healthy, he eats junk food everyday. He's a walking a time bomb. If only he was also an alcoholic and smoker, he'd definitely be dead soon.

A friend swears he's a cokehead. All that loud sniffing.

by Anonymousreply 237January 22, 2019 3:36 AM

I kept hearing Adderall during the campaign. It's prescription so he could make up some excuse for it. He's paranoid and a hypochocondriac so unless the coke was pharmaceutical I doubt he'd touch it.

by Anonymousreply 238January 22, 2019 3:59 AM

Honestly with Dump being a complete failure, our next president will likely be a Democrat, so it makes sense lots of dems will make a run. Hell, even I'd run if I had any kind of political aspirations, or had no soul.

Out of the current crop, Kamala has my support, and only two other potential candidates would make me consider jumping off the Harris train.

by Anonymousreply 239January 22, 2019 4:06 AM

The South will never support her. But who knows?

by Anonymousreply 240January 22, 2019 4:32 AM

Kamala Harris is going to lose worst then Hillary. Dems run a candidate that can win.

by Anonymousreply 241January 22, 2019 4:34 AM

There’s going to be 250 thousand more Democrats joining her R241.

by Anonymousreply 242January 22, 2019 4:43 AM

R18 writes,

[quote]These people are not complicated. They are your basic over 65 voters who have a very simplistic view of the world. When you tell they the Republicans want to take away their Social Security and their Medicare, they will laugh and say, "Oh they've been trying to do that for years and nothing will happen."

They are correct.

65+ voters are the first carried by Republicans. (For Democrats, its voters 18 to 29.) In 2008, a year which flipped the presidency from Republican [George W. Bush] to Democratic [Barack Obama], Republican nominee John McCain lost in the U.S. Popular Vote by just over –7 percentage points. Voters 65+ carried for McCain by +8.

The reason why the 65-plus voters, to whom you’re referring, do not believe Republicans will take away Social Security is because the 65-plus voters turn out their eligible voters better than the other three voting-age groups (18 to 29; 30 to 44; and 45 to 64). The Republicans will not eliminate Social Security because of these reasons.

by Anonymousreply 243January 22, 2019 5:07 AM

R82 writes,

[quote]The thing about the 2016 election is that it was an election between two historically unpopular candidates, if the Democrats run someone more popular than Hillary Clinton was (which is most democrats), it is likely to think they can win.

Bernie Sanders.

The people who oppose him, from this site, do so because of class reasons. The fact that there are people here explaining the outcome of 2016 with avoiding economics (income inequality) says plenty.

by Anonymousreply 244January 22, 2019 5:18 AM

R241 writes,

[quote]Kamala Harris is going to lose worst then Hillary.

Yes.

If another corporate Democrat is the 2020 nominee, Donald Trump will win re-election. And he would win with a map in which his electoral vote is higher than his first election. That is actually historical norm. Not counting Franklin Roosevelt, because he is the only one elected beyond two terms, all two-term-elected U.S. presidents had higher electoral voters with second-term re-elections except for Woodrow Wilson (1916) and Barack Obama (2012).

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan were the determining bellwether states of 2016. The first was Trump’s tipping point state, his 270th electoral votes. This is based on the margins of all carried states. Wisconsin was +0.76, Pennsylvania was +0.72, and Michigan was +0.22 as 2016 Republican pickups for Trump. They were his 28th, 29th, and 30th best states (of a carried 30). They were his 270th, 290th, and 306th [original] electoral votes. And they will, about 95 percent likely, vote for the winner of Election 2020. A Democratic pickup winner will have to flip them all. Trump, to win re-election in a Republican hold, will have to retain carriage of them all.

by Anonymousreply 245January 22, 2019 5:23 AM

R34, she lays out her vision of the future in her book.

by Anonymousreply 246January 22, 2019 5:27 AM

No PAC money? That's going to make things harder.

Gillebrand is accepting limited PAC money.

by Anonymousreply 247January 22, 2019 5:29 AM

[quote]More than anything else, charisma is what determines the presidency these days.

This drives me crazy. Elections are a hiring process. We're hiring someone for the most difficult job in the country - more difficult than brain surgeon, more difficult than corporate CEO. You need to be smart, competent and experienced at politics, with good policies and - most important - the ability to get them signed into law. It's a very very specific skill set. Otherwise you might as well be voting for Homecoming King and Queen.

I don't care if the President is unlikable and has no charisma - the President is not going to be working in the cubicle next to mine. All that matters to me is that she or he can get good bills passed and good policies implemented. It might even help if he were obnoxious - look at Lyndon Johnson. He got a lot done, and they were good things (except for Vietnam).

That said, I think Kamala Harris probably has the goods.

by Anonymousreply 248January 22, 2019 5:30 AM

What's her take on the next step towards an American NHS?

I'm hoping at least a public option. ACA with Medicare competing on all insurance exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 249January 22, 2019 5:32 AM

Americans will not want to vote for this body language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250January 22, 2019 5:42 AM

Already the Putin trolls/GOP are at it quoting the same Putin smears of women.

1st used on Ukraine Democracy Prime Minister candidate Yulia Tymoshenko: “She is only for the rich people, she is corrupt, she is not progressive, she is a hawk will start wars, etc” This was brought to the US by Bernie’s manager Tad Devine - Bernie used these Putin talking points because BERNIE IS A FUCKING USEFUL IDIOT. Manafort, Devines partner in the Ukraine working for Putin also Shared the same smears of Yulia Tymoshenko with Trump the right’s useful RUSSIAN idiot .

Both useful idiots used these words to attack Hillary. They are back now in play for Kamala Harris.... Call them out, FF them and block them. Thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 22, 2019 6:40 AM

Russia is super racist. Most Americans don't know that.

by Anonymousreply 252January 22, 2019 6:54 AM

R251 is 1000% correct. I hate these fucking Russian troll cunts with the heat of a thousand suns. We're going to have to complain, threaten and harass mediapolis/Muriel about dealing with them and their fucking IPs. We're not going to be charged for the privilege of being Russan troll's marks every goddamn day on a private website. Not another election season of those fucking scumbags constantly harassing us.

R252 is also correct, Russians are racist and anti-Semitic cunts.

by Anonymousreply 253January 22, 2019 7:23 AM

I agree R248, but the electorate is a product of the system. Decades of television and conditioning. Is it any coincidence that charisma became the deciding factor right around the same time that cable news and the internet exploded? Instead of a 30 minute newscast, it became all day, everyday, getting to know candidates down to the atomic level.

To make it in that environment you have to command the screen. That's precisely why Trump won. He command the screen in a way that Hillary has never figured out how to even though she was clearly the FAR better candidate.

From what I've seen so far, Harris can stand to that.

by Anonymousreply 254January 22, 2019 7:30 AM

Oh please, r250. Could you imagine her doing that to Trump at a debate? She'd win the entire thing on the spot -a knowing wink to the audience.

by Anonymousreply 255January 22, 2019 7:33 AM

R254, charisma became the deciding factor in 1960 during the JFK/Nixon election when, obviously, JFK won. Those who heard their debates only on radio said Nixon won them in a walk. Those who watched them only on TV said JFK won them in a walk.

Nixon's five-o-clock Shadow and flop sweat freaked people out. THANK GOD.

Don't despair. Look at President Obama and President Clinton and remember that Democratic presidents are charismatic AND smart. Let's elect another one.

by Anonymousreply 256January 22, 2019 8:03 AM

R252 True. I would love to visit Moscow because it is very beautiful place but no way I will take any money there.

by Anonymousreply 257January 22, 2019 8:12 AM

R254, he won because he was willing to be more repulsive, cheap, overtly racist and vicious than any American politician the stupid, angry set of voters had seen in decades, if ever. It got a lot of attention.

But mostly he won because he cheated, used foreign influence and lied. Now he's getting caught and he will be destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 258January 22, 2019 8:14 AM

There is no such thing as a "pure" politician. There will always be skeletons... who, outside of politics, can claim their pure virtues?

by Anonymousreply 259January 22, 2019 11:49 AM

^^ Not referring to trump.. he's beyond scummy, but to some who say.. Kamala did this or that.. Even Bernie isn't pure.

by Anonymousreply 260January 22, 2019 11:58 AM

Russia is racist and violently homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 261January 22, 2019 12:31 PM

R259 is absolutely right. And I will add that there is not one single self identifying Republican leader out here who should even dare to think about criticizing any Democrat for anything. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 262January 22, 2019 12:32 PM

Trump be scared of Kamala. Yeah. She will clock his ass.

by Anonymousreply 263January 22, 2019 12:33 PM

R 250 is PRECISELY the attitude to have when dealing with the liars, cheats, traitors and racists that currently are Trump, Pence, Graham, etc That is the very attitude I want to see from her before she verbally lays siege and exposes the self hating Stephen Miller for the atrocities He crafts from the Oval Office.

Yeah- I’m good with her prosecutorial look as she exposes one of these liars. Bring it on Kamala!

by Anonymousreply 264January 22, 2019 12:52 PM

[quote]R 250 is PRECISELY the attitude to have when dealing with the liars, cheats, traitors and racists that currently are Trump, Pence, Graham, etc That is the very attitude I want to see from her before she verbally lays siege and exposes the self hating Stephen Miller for the atrocities He crafts from the Oval Office.

Yep. That's the;

"Really? We're going to do this today..." attitude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265January 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Kamala Harris will make money. The Indian diaspora in the United States is very liberal and will pony up a lot of cash. The California primary moving to March works in her favor. She has situated herself well.

And yes, everyone on this site is against Bernie because of "class." As in Bernie has none.

by Anonymousreply 266January 22, 2019 1:01 PM

I started paying attention to Kamala when I saw that look shown in R265.

Have since heard her talk. i have yet to disagree on anything she says

by Anonymousreply 267January 22, 2019 1:02 PM

I like what R253 says. Most of us remember the relentless trolling, bots in here 2015-16. For a largely gay, lesbian thread the hate on Hillary was stunning. “She’s a homophobe, she will start wars, etc” was as untrue and awful as could ever have been. And some of it WORKED when I saw conservative gay men attacking her is was sickening. All misinformed and scammed by Russia & Putin.

Now we know Putin/Jared/Cambridge Analytica targeted people of color and the LGBT community precisely because we have websites. They inflamed Bernie & Berners misogyny, “don’t vote with your vagina” also from Ukraine.

Mediaopolis does have responsibility here - and we have to do our part too. Ps Bernie Sanders - on the basis that he completely missed the vote on Russian sanctions (also in 2017 - how curious) last week needs to be shut out of running. Those sanctions were removed by TWO VOTES. Please feel free to call his office and tell him to fuck on off - out of the race. We dont need this particular Useful Idiot fucking up Dems again!

by Anonymousreply 268January 22, 2019 1:07 PM

So which is she, Indian or negro?

by Anonymousreply 269January 22, 2019 1:20 PM

R265, I loved that. It made me notice her and think that she was pretty authentic. I totally react to BS like that and I'm like "Wow, she's human." when I saw that.

by Anonymousreply 270January 22, 2019 1:30 PM

R250, we're not all ancient WASPs who've never watched TV before.

by Anonymousreply 271January 22, 2019 1:49 PM

Thinking of my mother today. She was smart, fierce, and my first campaign staffer — and I dearly wish she was here with us for this moment. Her spirit still drives me to fight for our values.

Kamala Harris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 22, 2019 2:14 PM

So far it's Kamala who's generating excitement. I hope to hell Corey Booker stays the fuck out of this race. All his kumbaya, hey, lets get along and be bi-partisan nonsense is totally misplaced. He offends me with that. I don't want to hear it. And the Starbucks guy wants to run as an independent. Now that will definitely fuck up the race. Because it will draw voters away from the Dems again.

by Anonymousreply 273January 22, 2019 2:50 PM

At this point, who isn't running for president as a Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 274January 22, 2019 3:33 PM

Well, Bernie is going to be a problem. Because didn't the DNC vote to have rules about who runs being a Democrat? It creates a dangerous situation for independents to run. I understand that they want people to declare their party, and it's appropriate, but by eliminating a pathway, and being flexible in their definitions they might be setting themselves up for sabotage and failure.

by Anonymousreply 275January 22, 2019 3:37 PM

So for now we are watching Corey Booker, Joe Biden, Amy Kobuchar, Eric Holder, Sherrod Brown, possibly Adam Schiff and Swallwell. I was hoping Chris Murphy might consider running. I think he's hot....and Bernie. (choking as I type.)

We have Elizabeth Warren, Kristen Gillebrand, and Kamala Harris. Did I miss anyone? it's going to be all about the money. Totally. These people are all on the road already selling their candidacy, but maybe they ought to be out here on a "listening tour."

by Anonymousreply 276January 22, 2019 3:41 PM

^^^^ You missed Julian Castro

by Anonymousreply 277January 22, 2019 3:46 PM

Current L.A. mayor and hottie Eric Garcetti is also considering running.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 22, 2019 3:49 PM

You also missed Tulsi Gabbard, R276.

by Anonymousreply 279January 22, 2019 3:56 PM

Former NYC mayor, Michael Bloomberg, might be jumping in, too.

by Anonymousreply 280January 22, 2019 4:07 PM

You're right. But, if I missed Julian, a lot of other people may miss him too. Tulsi is a Putin plant as it has been pointed out before. But yes, Sorry. So add Tulsi and Julian Castro to the list of announced candidates, and Eric Garcetti as a strong possibility. Oh! I thought of another possibility. Mitch Landreiu the mayor of New Orleans. Some of these people have good VP potential. The thing isthat the bench is so deep and there are several who I'd be just fine with. But I want someone who knows their way around the underhanded vicious games Republicans play. Someone who is really ready to take them on. I get the sense that not only is Kamala ready, she is looking forward to it. People with money are going to be weighing in soon. Some of these people won't even get through until September of this year.

by Anonymousreply 281January 22, 2019 4:08 PM

Forgot about Bloomberg, but he is another one who would be ready to take on the Republicans and be under no illusions about how rotten they are.

by Anonymousreply 282January 22, 2019 4:09 PM

If I have to deal with an Elder it would be Bloomberg over Biden. Biden is too full of himself. I was never a fan.

by Anonymousreply 283January 22, 2019 4:10 PM

I love the idea of the former attorney general of California going up against people she knows are criminals.

by Anonymousreply 284January 22, 2019 4:13 PM

We are also waiting on Beto to make a decision.

by Anonymousreply 285January 22, 2019 5:43 PM

Me and everyone I know are already over Beto.

Thank u, next.

by Anonymousreply 286January 22, 2019 5:55 PM

But didn't she jump on the "Dump Franken" bandwagon?

I don't trust her.

by Anonymousreply 287January 22, 2019 5:58 PM

She needs a better hashtag than #kamalaharris2020

by Anonymousreply 288January 22, 2019 6:04 PM

You know, I am very suspicious of the way the News Media seems to anoint someone, building them up so quickly like AOC or Beto. Why are they being shoved down our throats...and not in a good way... and built up like this? I have believed for a very long time that we a re way to easily manipulated by the mass media. They shape the agenda and tell us what's important and make certain things or people "happen." So in some respects having the internet and other sources available is a necessity brought on by the media itself. They will latch on to something or someone like bulldogs, for better or for worse and most of the masses of people simply react to it, or go along with it. Stuff doesn't happen naturally or organically anymore. It's guided and shaped and promoted until in some Orwellian sense we all believe it and follow it.

by Anonymousreply 289January 22, 2019 6:04 PM

"Making a decision" r285. Beto is running.

by Anonymousreply 290January 22, 2019 6:06 PM

What’s with Beto having horrible debate skills?

by Anonymousreply 291January 22, 2019 6:07 PM

Beto was a douchey party boy with too much baggage for the presidential race. And we now know he's very uninformed, and can't answer simple questions. There are better, more accomplished and higher quality people who are running or may run. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 292January 22, 2019 6:12 PM

You know we have to be careful. Trump is no different from any other political candidate. He will want to pick his opponent. So the shadowy operatives will be out here inflating the value of certain candidates at the expense of others. And the Media is not to be trusted. They are motivated by long term and short term profits.

by Anonymousreply 293January 22, 2019 6:12 PM

Beto is going to be a major contender r292.

by Anonymousreply 294January 22, 2019 6:22 PM

Okay r294, agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 295January 22, 2019 6:25 PM

Why are there no nice young men running?

by Anonymousreply 296January 22, 2019 6:27 PM

The media loves shiney objects, r289. Beto was very shiney, and so is AOC.

by Anonymousreply 297January 22, 2019 6:34 PM

Same song, new lyrics:

[quote]Kamala Harris is NOT eligible to be President. Her father arrived from Jamaica in 1961—mother from India arrived in 1960

[quote]Neither parent was a legal resident for 5 years prior to Harris’s birth, a requirement for naturalization

[quote]Kamala was raised in Canada

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 22, 2019 6:52 PM

Can we all stop giving Wohl attention please. He is just a professional troll, I mean he does his hipster coffee shop routine and people still take him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 299January 22, 2019 7:05 PM

He’s an assWohl...

by Anonymousreply 300January 22, 2019 9:38 PM

I think surburban fraus will adore her. They will like her criminal justice record

by Anonymousreply 301January 23, 2019 12:12 AM

R298 i reported his Tweet.

by Anonymousreply 302January 23, 2019 1:43 AM

YOU know, I don't care who else announces. I'm done. Kamala is my candidate.

by Anonymousreply 303January 23, 2019 1:55 AM

Russian?^

by Anonymousreply 304January 23, 2019 1:57 AM

She is my top choice but I'd happily support Warren and most other dems

by Anonymousreply 305January 23, 2019 1:58 AM

Kamala will hoover up the black women vote like nobody’s business. Meaning she’s already changed the race effectively rendering people like Cory Booker non-starters. At this point, only Oprah throwing her hat in the ring could derail her.

by Anonymousreply 306January 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Her first-day donation haul equaled Bernie's in 2016. Impressive.

Harris was born in Oakland. At her rally in Oakland I hope she says"Hello Oakland! so glad to be in Oakland, where I was born, and because Oakland is the place of my birth. there's no place I'd rather be than that birthplace of mine here in Oakland. ". It will drive the birther freaks crazy.

by Anonymousreply 307January 23, 2019 2:05 AM

Her criminal justice background will be an asset in the general. But a liability in the primary. I think it's a legitimate issue to challenge her on

by Anonymousreply 308January 23, 2019 2:07 AM

A black woman winning the presidency would send killllllllll Putin. He absolutely hates women, and Russians are racist by nature.

by Anonymousreply 309January 23, 2019 2:07 AM

I hope we aren't stupid enough to kick one another in the ass during the primaries and do the Republicans' work for them. So if Warren Biden Bernie and Kamala plus the others are on the stage and Gillebrand starts sniping at Harris, or Bernie goes after Elizabeth Warren, that will really make the Republicans happy. I want the Dems to be boring. I want them to go on a stage and talk about what their plans are not attack one another.

by Anonymousreply 310January 23, 2019 2:12 AM

R310 I feel you but honestly it's just impossible for an open primary not feature attacks. Everybody is going to do it. Its just how elections are. When there is a clear front runner, I say don't attack that person and weaken them but its actually not at all clear who wins. So they will all try their hardest

by Anonymousreply 311January 23, 2019 2:15 AM

we are going to "kick each other in the ass" in the primaries. Of course we are. Do we honestly need to panic about this? It will be a brutal primary, we will sort it out, and then we will, hopefully, rally around the winner and defeat any cunt the Republicans puke up, probably Trump unless he's in jail. But can we all not panic right now about the terrible trauma of knowing there will be an actual fight. Shit is going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 312January 23, 2019 2:19 AM

honestly, is everyone 12 years old? If so, can you grow up in a fucking hurry?

by Anonymousreply 313January 23, 2019 2:19 AM

As stated above I relish the idea of this accomplished prosecutor confronting whoever the GOP nominates after Grifter is booted out of the Oval Office. The FBI, CIA Military will cheer as loudly as we do. I hope she lays waste to the GOP for all the damage Trump has done to our country and institutions. I hope she crucify’s them then moves on to the work that we must begin to do to restore our Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 314January 23, 2019 3:21 AM

By the way it’s pronounced like comma-luh

by Anonymousreply 315January 23, 2019 3:34 AM

THE Kamala Harris

by Anonymousreply 316January 23, 2019 5:11 AM

[html removed]"Her first-day donation haul equaled Bernie's in 2016. Impressive."[html removed]

Actually r307, she surpassed him. I really hope that crouchy old fart Bernie don't run. His supporters can be sooo extra.

by Anonymousreply 317January 23, 2019 10:46 AM

I like what Kamala Harris says and I like her delivery. I can’t not be affected when someone has a magnetic personality—or not. Gillibrand’s persona is more natural than Clinton’s is, but Harris is far more charismatic and authentic seeming. I still feel a facade from Gillibrand. Klobuchar feels authentic to me, too.

by Anonymousreply 318January 23, 2019 11:05 AM

[quote] Trump is no different from any other political candidate. He will want to pick his opponent.

Are you saying he picked Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 319January 23, 2019 12:11 PM

With Gillebrande I feel like she is very calculating, and her public statements are very poll-driven. I just don't trust her. And she doesn't look happy. She looks washed out and bitter. Kamala looks happy. She's our Warrior Princess and she will be our Queen!!!

by Anonymousreply 320January 23, 2019 12:19 PM

I don't care if they criticize one another's proposals, but I don't want them to attack one another. It is possible to show the Republicans, particularly Trump and his minions, that this s what a true political campaign looks like. We talk issues. We want to help the American people, and discuss ideas and policies. I don't give a fuck how boring it is. In fact I want him to ridicule them and say they're too boring. Fuck him. Once the nomination is secure then get out here and kick his ass.

And really. Seeing all of them on a stage together? Who do you think will stand out from the rest and just shine and end up being the de facto leader? Biden? Beto? Julian Castro? Gillebrand? Warren? Hah.

by Anonymousreply 321January 23, 2019 12:24 PM

I love Amy Klobuchar and I think she'd make a great running mate but I don't think she's a strong enough personality for the top of the ticket, yet. Maybe after two terms as someone else's VP. And Sherrod Brown's a great guy, but he's just a little but rough around the edges. Which is good. He has a Bidenesque quality He's very approachable and warm. I think a Harris Brown ticket would be a strong one. He's from Ohio too, and he would not lose his Senate seat if he ran.

I do think we need to take a serious look at Garcetti and Landreiu. Both mayors are damn good at presentation.

by Anonymousreply 322January 23, 2019 12:43 PM

[QUOTE]He's from Ohio too, and he would not lose his Senate seat if he ran.

But a Republican would be appointed to take his place in the senate for the rest of his term.

by Anonymousreply 323January 23, 2019 2:27 PM

Biden’s $200,000 speech In favor of a republican candidate in a tight race which he then won by half a percentage point effectively kills his candidacy for me. Go Kamala!!.....

by Anonymousreply 324January 23, 2019 4:40 PM

Knives were out for Biden with that article r324. They are trying to derail his potential candidacy.

Not that I mind, I think we need a new generation of leadership.

by Anonymousreply 325January 23, 2019 4:43 PM

Leading the polls already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 23, 2019 5:00 PM

I love Biden but after 45 and his Reichstag, this country doesn't need another white man as president; liberal or conservative. We need some strong feminine energy (no, not Corey Booker) to right this ship. TEAM KAMALA!!!

by Anonymousreply 327January 23, 2019 5:34 PM

R298, what a surprise! The brown-skinned candidate already has birtherism crap lodged against her.

America is sick of the birtherism nonsense anyway. We're not falling for that BS again.

by Anonymousreply 328January 23, 2019 5:42 PM

R323 only if he wins. And hopefully we will have a large enough majority in the Senate to absorb the loss. Look at it this way. If Sherrod were VP with a Democratic Majority he'd preside over the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 329January 23, 2019 5:44 PM

Boo, Biden. Bad move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 23, 2019 6:16 PM

HBCU = historically Black colleges and universities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 23, 2019 6:30 PM

[quote]HBCU = historically Black colleges and universities

I don't know. I was expecting those Spellman girls to turn Georgia out, the way that General Sherman, did for Stacey Abrams. But, alas...

by Anonymousreply 332January 23, 2019 6:38 PM

I like Kamala a lot. And Warren. But if Kloubacher wins she jumps to the top spot for me. I think the broadest support against Trump will come from sensible suburbanites who want someone boring but clearly intelligent

by Anonymousreply 333January 23, 2019 8:52 PM

If Amy is your girl, please learn to spell her name: Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 334January 23, 2019 10:23 PM

Whatever bitch. You knew who I meant so my communication was effective

by Anonymousreply 335January 23, 2019 10:31 PM

What's wrong with the world that people get belligerent when they are justly corrected?

That's sad, the person was teaching you what her name actually was so you'd know.

by Anonymousreply 336January 23, 2019 10:34 PM

Team Comma-luh all the way.

by Anonymousreply 337January 23, 2019 11:12 PM

She’ll be on TRMS later.

by Anonymousreply 338January 24, 2019 1:19 AM

WHOA!!!!! Rachel Maddow says that Kamala Harris has a very good chance to win the nomination!

Very good interview on the Rachel Maddow Show

by Anonymousreply 339January 24, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote]WHOA!!!!! Rachel Maddow says that Kamala Harris has a very good chance to win the nomination!

But *everybody* has said that, every predictor and betting market. She is considered a top tier contender.

by Anonymousreply 340January 24, 2019 2:06 AM

Loved the interview. She just proved she has the fire and spirit. I can’t wait for her to destroy Trump.

by Anonymousreply 341January 24, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote]But *everybody* has said that, every predictor and betting market. She is considered a top tier contender

Even Ann Coulter said that Kamala Harris will be the “next President”.

by Anonymousreply 342January 24, 2019 2:14 AM

Quick reviews of the interview:

Matthew Miller Verified account @matthewamiller

.@KamalaHarris was seriously good on Maddow tonight. Formidable candidate, though referring to @EricHolder as “General Holder” is almost a dealbreaker.

-She really blew me away. Present, charismatic, passionate, honest. She is the type of person you’d cast to play a President in Hollywood. She fits the mold. I am impressed.

-Surprised me how good she was, even though I've had nothing but respect for the way she has conducted herself at every turn. She was spectacular this evening. And I have to believe she would reach a whole lot of people.

Jeff Shuey Verified account @jshuey @jshuey

Long, elegant and graceful fingers. Very Presidential. @KamalaHarris is on her way. Oh, and she’s incredibly smart too. So, there’s that.

Laurence Tribe Verified account @tribelaw

Agreed! @KamalaHarris has emerged as an extremely impressive, formidable contender for the Democratic nomination and the presidency. She would wipe the floor with Donald Trump. About time someone did.

-She was great! ..an impressive combination of intellectual and political acumen, and controlled emotional engagement. I believed her and would trust her judgment. I long to see her debate Trump.

-And she already has the advantage of the @GOP spreading birther lies about her. Pretty much exposes their fear and makes her the front runner.

by Anonymousreply 343January 24, 2019 2:27 AM

I'm in love with the idea of Harris as our next president, but geez half those reactions in R343 remind me why we have Trump as a president.

America and our dumbass "you deserve to be charmed/inspired/awed by your president" fetish.

"She is the type of person you’d cast to play a President in Hollywood."

Christ.

by Anonymousreply 344January 24, 2019 3:01 AM

She was okay. A bit doddery in spots.

by Anonymousreply 345January 24, 2019 3:45 AM

An upper and lower eyelift would be helpful...

by Anonymousreply 346January 24, 2019 5:46 AM

Fuck you, R346.

by Anonymousreply 347January 24, 2019 8:15 AM

Garcetti's has zero chance.

by Anonymousreply 348January 24, 2019 9:36 AM

OK. Kamala needs to get with a speaking coach to polish just a bit. Her flashing eyes and expressions are very dramatic. Borderline histrionics . I know, she is an advocate. It's her style to be passionate. I love that about her. But she needs to dial it back just a teensy bit. There has to be a balance between the passion and a calm demeanor. Her vice and her words are fine. She is altogether an excellent candidate. I just make these suggestions to "fine tune." I once read that when JFK was running for POTUS he hired a coach to help him with pacing because he talked too fast and his Boston accent was way too pronounced. It helped a lot. That's all I'm saying.

OK. Flay me alive.

by Anonymousreply 349January 24, 2019 11:47 AM

"Her voice ..." not her VICE.

by Anonymousreply 350January 24, 2019 11:47 AM

[quote]OK. Kamala needs to get with a speaking coach to polish just a bit.

I suspect all presidential candidates hire a speech or voice coach at some point.

by Anonymousreply 351January 24, 2019 11:52 AM

R351 they should but many don't. But one thing is certain. All the candidates of both parties watch themselves on TV. So they eventually figure out what they need to do. Sometimes it even works. What a lot of them don't get is that certain gestures, body language, behaviors and style work with certain roles but not with others. Ad then there a r e some public figures whose very idiosyncrasies enhance their presentation. I remember being distracted by Obama's laugh at first. But then I came to look forward to it and enjoy it. It took a while. Also his zen-like calm, and his slow style. In a way style wise he is the polar opposite of both Michelle and Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 352January 24, 2019 11:58 AM

Yes, the voice, and what R346 said.

by Anonymousreply 353January 24, 2019 12:06 PM

Blech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 24, 2019 3:09 PM

Totally over both of them. I wanted Beto's dick so badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 24, 2019 3:10 PM

Beto’s horseface is disqualifying.

by Anonymousreply 356January 24, 2019 7:52 PM

Frontrunner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 25, 2019 7:00 AM

It's going to be Kamala. No other candidate comes close being the entire package as she does. Black women will turn out to vote for her in droves.

by Anonymousreply 358January 25, 2019 7:32 AM

R358 Nope. Kamala has too much baggage especially her affair with Willie. The media are playing nice now but once the Democrat race starts getting serious, expect hit pieces to be published.

by Anonymousreply 359January 25, 2019 8:03 AM

Wow, poor Beto. The Washington Post disaster confirmed he was no Obama and fully excepted him to be smashed to bits oncer campaigning proper started, but for him not to factor and to essentially become a non-starter Little Marco style? Brutal.

by Anonymousreply 360January 25, 2019 11:08 AM

R359 I guarenteed you not one person under 60 knows who that is or will care

by Anonymousreply 361January 25, 2019 1:30 PM

Red and purple states will hate her.

by Anonymousreply 362January 25, 2019 1:45 PM

Look r184 there is a significant portion of the Democratic party that are just as much in bed with corporate power as Repulbicans, it's the reason why we have so many Dems who have supported policy that favors Repub policy. You don't see the same thing in the Republican party, they hold the line for their own policies and interests. I say look closely at Harris because she might well be a corporate Democrat. And the fact she was a prosecutor is not necessarily a good thing. Prosecutors make deals and do shady stuff for political purposes, especially if they have an eye to be politicians themselves and any fairness and integrity goes out the window.

Harris seems to be a business as usual politician, meaning she will do a little bit for us but hold the line for the billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 363January 25, 2019 1:58 PM

I could kiss you r289

Anyone they are anointing this soon and this strong I'm not voting for, it means she's acceptable to some part of the Corporatocracy or they wouldn't be giving her this kind of free exposure. It could also be that they are putting her face out there to energize all the racists that voted for Trump. If Trump has driven away all those independent voters who voted for him because of their racism, having another Black candidate out there drives them back into Republican fold. The media is not the friend of the American people, they do the bidding of Mercer, Kochs and the other billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 364January 25, 2019 2:10 PM

You know... I've become VERY SICK of those like R363. There's no whataboutism or "we all share the blame" here. The inability and unwillingness of the extreme far left (or, Bernie Bros) to make a choice between the two parties is what has helped to get us in this mess that we are experiencing now! They want it their way or burn the shit down.

Well, you know... we're not burning it down. Nor, are we going to keep living in the shit that you have helped create. To these type of people; Find some remote island. Start a cult and buy 40 acres. But, stay out of the political affairs that's going to have a direct affect upon the average American citizen.

Kamala Harris is a VERY good candidate. Is she the "best" candidate? We don't know that yet. It's far too soon. Instead of trying to find flaws in her character, and define her as this or that, why not critique the merits of her policies at this point?

by Anonymousreply 365January 25, 2019 2:12 PM

R365 I agree 100% There are children in cages AS WE SPEAK. But you're not sure which party is better? Fuck off then.

by Anonymousreply 366January 25, 2019 2:38 PM

r365 what explanation can you give for the Democats that vote along Republican party lines? So many Dems cross the isle and vote against their party. Look back at the last 4 or 5 administrations. What reason can you give that makes this acceptable? We can not count on the entirety of the Democratic party to uphold Democratic policy the way Republicans can count on their own. You know why? Because there are a significant number of Democrats beholden to corporate money.

Why doesn't the DNC do anything about this?

You don't care this goes on?

by Anonymousreply 367January 25, 2019 2:43 PM

r365 people like you and your dialogue look like shills for those who don't want smart people examining the flaws that are right in front of their faces. Yeah was have two parties. Two parties that make sure billionaires get everything they want and we get nothing.

by Anonymousreply 368January 25, 2019 2:47 PM

[quote][R365] what explanation can you give for the Democats that vote along Republican party lines? So many Dems cross the isle and vote against their party.

Maybe, because it's a good idea? Just because one is a Republican doesn't mean that you can NEVER present anything that makes sense or is a good idea. IT IS NOT ABOUT PARTY! It is about the greater good of the nation and its people.

by Anonymousreply 369January 25, 2019 2:58 PM

The Onion:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 25, 2019 3:02 PM

r365 you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 371January 25, 2019 3:06 PM

Why is Kamala Harris "very good"? Have you even seen her campaign website? There's no even a platform there, only a link for donations. How can we decide a candidate is good without giving a look at his or her political and philosophical commitments?

by Anonymousreply 372January 25, 2019 3:08 PM

[quote]How can we decide a candidate is good without giving a look at his or her political and philosophical commitments?

I hope the link below can be of some help to you, R372

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 25, 2019 3:19 PM

[quote][R365] you are stupid.

Nope. I simply don't believe that EVERYTHING must be looked upon and viewed as some Hattfield versus McCoy feud.

by Anonymousreply 374January 25, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote] The South will never support her. But who knows?

After the close races in GA and FL, those states are in play she to changing demographics. If they could just manage the voter suppression issues.

by Anonymousreply 375January 25, 2019 3:32 PM

R366 both parties have put kids in cages.

by Anonymousreply 376January 25, 2019 3:56 PM

[quote][R366] both parties have put kids in cages.

But, only one was caught. Stop worrying about what "Mikey" is doing, or allegedly has done, and concentrate more on what party and what candidate can move us closer to our goals and getting things done.

by Anonymousreply 377January 25, 2019 4:05 PM

[quote]both parties have put kids in cages.

In our defense, Amy was an especially feral child.

by Anonymousreply 378January 25, 2019 4:21 PM

The Onion doesn't really like her:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379January 25, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote] The Indian diaspora in the United States is very liberal

HAH!

by Anonymousreply 380January 25, 2019 8:06 PM

Most Asians, including Indians vote for democrats.

The only subgroup of Asians that leans republican is the Vietnamese. And it's a not a huge margin the GOP has with them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381January 25, 2019 8:10 PM

Chinese and Vietnamese are conservative voters mostly. These people are not liberal minded.

by Anonymousreply 382January 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Chinese voters also vote democratic R382. Upper class Chinese voters skew GOP but most in the US are middle class

by Anonymousreply 383January 25, 2019 8:15 PM

A breakdown is in this report. Vietnamese Americans are the only Asian group with a positive view of Trump or the GOP.

Japanese Americans are the most Democratic leaning, and Chinese Americans are not far behind them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 25, 2019 8:18 PM

[quote] both parties have put kids in cages.

That is outright false. You're either a troll or just don't know what you're talking about. Migrants families have always been kept together before Trump. Unaccompanied minors were placed into foster care pending hearings

by Anonymousreply 385January 25, 2019 8:44 PM

[quote]Chinese voters also vote democratic [R382].

The majority are conservative, Chinese care mostly about money and status, not about liberal or social values.

by Anonymousreply 386January 25, 2019 8:50 PM

"Black women will turn out to vote for her in droves."

I guess that's why the Bernie alt-left, Putin trolls, and Republicans have been pushing the "she isn't even black / she's pandering" attack on black message boards for a week.

Hopefully black women resist, I suspect they will in large part, because they were the only demographic to completely reject the bs in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 387January 25, 2019 10:41 PM

Is anyone watching her town hall on CNN?

by Anonymousreply 388January 29, 2019 2:31 AM

R388, no. How's it going?

by Anonymousreply 389January 29, 2019 2:33 AM

[quote]Is anyone watching her town hall on CNN?

YES! She's doing GREAT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 390January 29, 2019 2:39 AM

Here's Kamala's difference, (this includes Elizabeth Warren too), that is different from Hillary Clinton; You feel them speaking from their heart. Now, I really don't want to slight HRC but she always came across to me as being very overly cautious in her responses. I'm not saying that she didn't believe in what she was saying but she just seemed more worried about how what she would say could be twisted and used against her rather than just speaking from the heart.

by Anonymousreply 391January 29, 2019 2:45 AM

Her campaign rollout has gotten raves across the board. So far, she's doing all the right things. Has she named her campaign manager yet?

If Beto wants to run, he better get going, because Kamala is off to a great start. Same goes for Biden. I don't see how they can wait much longer.

by Anonymousreply 392January 29, 2019 2:56 AM

She is definitely saying all the right things and comes off genuine. Bonus points for saying "lowest common denominator" several times referring to the you-know-who's.

by Anonymousreply 393January 29, 2019 3:00 AM

Vietnamese hate Trump. I have several Vietnamese friends and they hate Trump. I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 394January 29, 2019 3:07 AM

I like Kamala, but does she only have one suit?

by Anonymousreply 395January 29, 2019 3:08 AM

The Vietnamese guy that owns the Water 'N Ice I go to loves Trump R394.

by Anonymousreply 396January 29, 2019 3:10 AM

President Harris

by Anonymousreply 397January 29, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote]If Beto wants to run, he better get going, because Kamala is off to a great start. Same goes for Biden. I don't see how they can wait much longer.

It's still really early days.

by Anonymousreply 398January 29, 2019 3:26 AM

No Beto.

by Anonymousreply 399January 29, 2019 4:19 AM

r364, "The Corporatocracy..."

by Anonymousreply 400January 29, 2019 5:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401January 29, 2019 7:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 29, 2019 7:58 PM

Relax, it's Jan. 2019.

by Anonymousreply 403January 29, 2019 9:55 PM

Stacy Abrams is speaking after Trump's State of the Union.

by Anonymousreply 404January 29, 2019 9:58 PM

@DotKohlhaas

Gil Cedillo's lunch with Kamala Harris on March 20, 2015. What did they talk about, we really wanna know!

(Gil Cedillo = unpopular LA City Councilman and butt boy for Brooklyn Real Estate Brokers.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405January 29, 2019 10:31 PM

Over Beto. Wanted his dick — not anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406January 30, 2019 12:38 AM

Newsom says he is endorsing her for president in 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407February 16, 2019 12:25 AM

I hate her voice. She has drinking in my Sunday dress voice.

by Anonymousreply 408February 16, 2019 12:32 AM

Iowa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409February 16, 2019 12:38 AM

r296, what am I? Chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 410February 16, 2019 1:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 16, 2019 5:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412February 16, 2019 5:34 AM

[quote] WHOA!!!!! Rachel Maddow says that Kamala Harris has a very good chance to win the nomination!

Have you seen their interviews? Rachel has the hots for Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 413February 16, 2019 5:44 AM

I live in a blue state, California as fate has it, so my vote for president won't matter, but while there's no way I would vote Republican as a matter of principle, dunno that I could bring myself to vote for Harris. She fucked the married Willie Brown for a job, has been 100% out for herself, much more the showhorse than the workhorse and weak on crime, illegal immigration and banksters.

by Anonymousreply 414February 17, 2019 4:54 AM

People are in the mood for a prosecutor as president. Vanity Fair's political podcast and/or the Gabfest were talking about that. We need a prosecutor to defend us from Russia and the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 415February 17, 2019 5:34 AM

Newsom nearly choked on that endorsement at r407. Harris has a real shot at the nomination and a real shot at the presidency. Clearly, she is where he envisioned himself. In their years working together, Newsom never regarded her as a rival. He figured she would be tossed aside during his meteoric rise on the national stage. He still suffers blowback from the damage he did in 2004, not trusted on national stage.

Comma-lah is a star.

by Anonymousreply 416February 17, 2019 7:14 AM

"fucked the married Willie Brown for a job" "has been 100% out for herself"

I don't know how people can keep parroting these with a straight face.

I mean, as a country we elected who? Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc..

With the exception maybe of Obama (although he certainly prioritized his own ambitions, like every politician in the universe), which of them didn't do something worse than both of those?

Ask yourself if you like a candidate's policies. Then shut up and vote.

by Anonymousreply 417February 17, 2019 1:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418February 20, 2019 3:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 20, 2019 3:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420February 20, 2019 3:29 AM

Smart man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421February 21, 2019 5:47 AM

I suspect it'll be Harris/O'Rourke

by Anonymousreply 422February 21, 2019 4:03 PM

O'Rourke will not be on the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 423February 21, 2019 4:05 PM

R423, you sound like you have inside info. What's going on? Who will it be? Have they decided already?

by Anonymousreply 424February 21, 2019 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!