Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sue Ellen Ewing: The Quintessential Gay Man/DLer

We need to pay tribute to the Southfork lush.

We all can identify with this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2019 7:28 AM

I bumped into her in the early 90s. I was in college and going into the restaurant she was coming out of. Literally bumped into her breasts.

I looked up and it was Linda Gray. She was breathtaking. Smiled at me cuz I was fawning. Really had something about her in person.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2019 6:43 AM

That clip looks like some psycho-drama movie-of-the-week. Was that typical for Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2019 6:48 AM

entertainment reporter in LA here; she is probably one of the most genuinely nice people in Hollywood.

Nobody has a bad word to say about her; she looks amazing. I believe it's because she's nice on the inside.

R2, good question; no, it was a bit of a departure; I think this was the season Sue Ellen took up with Peter; after this particular scene in the park she went to JR's bedroom (they had separate ones at the time) and he's reading in bed and she walks in and he says 'can I help you with something?' and she takes the book out of his hand turns off the light and says 'yes'

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2019 6:50 AM

I loved her wobbling lips. To my gayling eyes they articulated anguish, arousal, seething rage and tremulous happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2019 6:53 AM

That was amazingly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2019 6:55 AM

"Dr. Elbee was right all along! I can't count on Bobby or Cliff or Dusty or anyone else to help me! I'm going to stop J.R. myself!"

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2019 6:55 AM

not exactly gay, OP

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2019 6:56 AM

When I worked at a ski resort when I was in college I gave her skiing lessons. She was really nice and gave a HUGE tip.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2019 6:57 AM

I always thought she and Diane Keaton looked a ton alike - like they could have been sisters. Something about their features but I can’t pinpoint exactly what.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2019 7:05 AM

Nice to hear these Linda Gray stories. She always comes across as a kind person in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2019 7:43 AM

I love Sue Ellen, Phoebe Tyler, Sarah T. and *hiccup* others I can't remember at the mmm- moment... I love my TV drunkies I do, I just do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2019 7:45 AM

I can relate bu you don't have rub it in with THIS, OP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2019 9:23 AM

Can't she just diddle herself - that 'big' Ewing mansion had no privacy - or maybe she could just wear a vibrating plug like many gay Dlers?

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2019 11:11 AM

Wow, Linda Gray is now 78!

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2019 11:18 AM

FUCKING LOVE LINDA GRAY!!!

I read her book and she came across just as nice! Without being boring- no small feat.

She was actually quite a talented actress and grew in talent with every episode.

And I find her stunning- I do not know what work she had done but she has gotten more beautiful with age. And she took care of her teeth with veneers or something I always loved her slightly off kilter teeth just the way they were- made her even sexier) But they look good. I was sad that they cancelled the Dallas reboot. My feeling is it was way too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2019 11:30 AM

I was pissed at Dallas for the season they erased with Pam's dream. The season was one of the best for the whole series and Linda got her meatiest scenes in that season and really did her best work in the dream season.

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2019 5:13 PM

I loved that season too! With Barbara Carerra-

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2019 5:16 PM

I always wished Models Inc. lasted longer. She was great as Hillary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2019 5:39 PM

Most leg doubles are really bitchy but apparently not she.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2019 5:48 PM

R9 Around the eyes, I thought she resembled Dianna Ross a bit.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2019 6:04 PM

Why does she appear to be losing her mind?

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2019 6:06 PM

She has beautiful expressive eyes.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2019 7:26 PM

This week's episode: "One Thirsty Bitch".

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2019 9:20 PM

I remember reading interview where she said she wanted writers to put Sue Ellen through misery and tough times and they surely did.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2019 9:40 PM

When I think of her, I think of her in some gown pouring brown liquor in a short tumbler glass, cradling the glass and sipping it and looking off in the distance whistfully.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2019 1:26 AM

Initially Sue Ellen wasn't intended to be a major character. She was just JR's generic socialite wife, but the producers saw how good she was and bumped up the role.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2019 1:35 AM

I also loved the dream season. It's too bad she never won an Emmy for her performance on Dallas but I believe she was nominated early on.

Apparently, if they were not able to get Patrick Duffy back, Sue Ellen was to be paralyzed.

I thought both Gray and Victoria Principal did some of their best work in the dream season. However it seemed like Larry Hagman and the producers didn't like that the show was allowing the women to be prime players without men controlling them. When Bobby returned, you can see the show reset and the women once again became the wives again.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2019 3:57 AM

from the dream season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2019 4:32 AM

R28 I didn’t remember that scene. Wow. Sue Ellen went low.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2019 8:55 AM

Sue Ellen's One True Love: Lusty Dusty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2019 8:59 AM

I also ran into her, about a year ago. Totally striking how lovely she is. I asked if she would let me take her cart to her car, but she declined with the sweetest "Thank you so much but I I have fun with these!" I will love her always.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2019 9:08 AM

She looks great. This was from August of last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2019 9:17 AM

Yes, that is her! r32! Love!

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2019 9:21 AM

R32 damn!! And she’s almost 80!!

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2019 9:40 AM

Truly, the coziest woman ever!

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2019 11:58 AM

r32's post reminds me why I couldn't possibly be a celebrity. That clip looks like they grabbed her right at the airport, held a camera in her face and asked her questions that she probably answered a thousand times in the last 40 years. I probably would have cussed out out that YouTube user, run over him with my cart while looking for my Uber. That woman is a saint.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2019 12:12 PM

She's very clearly a well-adjusted, smart and beautiful person, well deserving of her celebrity. I admire Linda Gray immensely.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2019 7:04 AM

R32 looking very good

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2019 7:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!