Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Pratt engaged to Katherine Schwarzenegger

He's been divorced for what, a year? Men always replace the wife with a younger model ASAP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 12, 2019 1:22 PM

Jesus freak guidebook. Anna had a new boyfriend pretty fast, but she's not rushing to an altar. Shitty when you have a kid.

by Anonymousreply 1January 14, 2019 6:46 AM

"Proud to live boldly in faith with you"

Jesus...how long before he goes full Kirk Cameron and only makes Rapture related films? Place your bets!

by Anonymousreply 2January 14, 2019 6:47 AM

Someone remind Chris that it was doctors and medical science that saved his sick newborn, not Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 3January 14, 2019 6:52 AM

[quote]Jesus...how long before he goes full Kirk Cameron and only makes Rapture related films? Place your bets!

Whenever his Marvel contract's up I fully expect it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 4January 14, 2019 7:01 AM

What a POS. He was literally divorced for only a few months.

by Anonymousreply 5January 14, 2019 7:03 AM

Straight men are absolute shit at being alone.

by Anonymousreply 6January 14, 2019 7:07 AM

He will run for office within a decade.

by Anonymousreply 7January 14, 2019 7:14 AM

Will Chris and Katherine have a live-in maid?

(Asking for a friend.)

by Anonymousreply 8January 14, 2019 7:57 AM

He's become completely insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 9January 14, 2019 8:29 AM

R2 Feh, KC needs a big dick in his ass.

by Anonymousreply 10January 14, 2019 8:31 AM

Who the fuck is Faith and did anyone ask her if these two idiots could move in?

by Anonymousreply 11January 14, 2019 11:51 AM

This won't last. Sad this 29 year old is fucking up this badly. You think her parents would help guide her.

He JUST left a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 12January 14, 2019 5:38 PM

Her mother introduced them R12. "Here honey, a guy with baggage! Perfect for you!"

by Anonymousreply 13January 14, 2019 5:41 PM

They are fame hungry. Why would a mother introduce her daughter to 40 year old divorcee? If he wasn't an A-list actor, she never would've done that. Like mother, like daughter.

by Anonymousreply 14January 14, 2019 5:44 PM

Or even if they wanted to date, fine. Bizarre but okay. But marriage? Had he not just gotten divorced I would say 6 months is too short. But with his baggage this is foolishness. I bet the don't even make it to the wedding day before it's called off

by Anonymousreply 15January 14, 2019 5:46 PM

He is so ugly now. I am not a fan of his, I wouldn't pay to see his movies. I'll wait for it on cable. However, I have heard he is super nice to fans all the time. Very nice guy. Maybe that's why he keeps getting work coz he is pleasant to work with despite his average acting skills and below average looks.

by Anonymousreply 16January 14, 2019 5:55 PM

She's pregnant, because religious people are always the first ones to get knocked up. Or she is "waiting" til marriage/engagement. Something stinks in this whole rush to marriage situation, and I suspect it has to do with his fundie ways.

I'm so bitter about hypocrite "Christians" that I automatically dislike anyone who mentions God or religion when discussing any major life event.

by Anonymousreply 17January 14, 2019 5:59 PM

A poster at another site said the picture looks like people experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning and now that's all I see.

by Anonymousreply 18January 14, 2019 6:02 PM

He wants more kids. His firstborn is special needs or something.

by Anonymousreply 19January 14, 2019 6:07 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 14, 2019 7:42 PM

A lot of blind items are implying he's in a Christian cult and the leader is eager to get a Kennedy into the fold.

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2019 8:32 PM

He went from funny and likeable to jerk and unbearable really fast

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2019 8:35 PM

Sigh, sad - loved him on Parks & Recreation; now he just seems like an intolerable twat - with out without the new bride.

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2019 8:39 PM

The way him and Murphy treated their pets so coldly and uncaringly, giving them away and it ending up living on the street. What Chrsitian love.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2019 8:57 PM

Giant man-baby who can't ever be alone.

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2019 9:06 PM

Isn't she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2019 9:08 PM

R19 has it right. He wants more children so he can forget about the special-needs one with Faris. He'll write big support checks and never see that kid.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2019 9:09 PM

Even when he was the likable doofus on Parks and Rec there were stories of him being an asshole sadly he's become a religious asshole which is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Bible fast - well okay Hollywood Bible fast - eat all you want then take Horse asthma medication for a two weeks to get ripped.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2019 9:14 PM

I would bet it is up R4. They aren't going to make a GOG 3 after that shit with James Gunn and Dave Bautista, and re-casting will just bring up the whole shit storm again. After Avengers Endgame he is done.

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2019 9:16 PM

Like she doesn't have a ton of baggage as well?

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2019 9:17 PM

It's true men can't be alone. My sister's friend was married to her second husband for10 years when she got terminal cancer at 49. He got remarried 2 months after she died. His third marriage too, unattractive but has $. Scum.

I also agree that Pratt wants more kids, especially being a religious fanatic. AF had troubled pregnancies, I think that factored in to their divorce.

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2019 9:17 PM

I hate this guy. I could slap Rae Dawn Chong for giving him a break.

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2019 9:19 PM

Slut!

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2019 9:22 PM

She sounds like a dim but self-impressed bulb

In 2010, Schwarzenegger wrote a book entitled Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back.[10] Schwarzenegger uses the book to describe her personal journey and encourage other young women to achieve confidence and a positive self-image.[11] She had body-image issues between fourth and seventh grade, but now controls her physical and mental health with walking exercises and yoga.[12]

After graduating from the University of Southern California in 2012 and unsure of her next steps, Schwarzenegger sought career advice from a variety of people, including athletes, singers, entrepreneurs and actors.[13] She compiled their wisdom into her second book— I Just Graduated . . . Now What?—which was released in 2014 as a "survival guide" for recent college grads.[14]

In 2017, Schwarzenegger authored a children’s book, Maverick and Me. The book tells the story of how Schwarzenegger rescued and subsequently adopted her dog, Maverick. Using her own experience as a "foster fail" (when a foster home turns into a "furever" home), the book touts the benefits of pet adoption and rescue

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2019 9:23 PM

Lets review her high-brow oeuvre

book about being a rich girl with body dysmorphia

book where she interviews her parents famous friends about getting a job, rather than actually getting a job

book about her dog

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2019 9:24 PM

I wouldn't say men can't be alone, but there's definitely a certain type of men who can't be alone. And there's a big overlap there with conservative religious types.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2019 9:26 PM

She's so successful and accomplished! Does she have an Instagram?!!!! 😘😘♥️♥️😘😁😁🙃🙃

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2019 9:26 PM

I think I'll send him a Manzierre (TM) for those bodacious man titties as an engagement present.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2019 9:27 PM

R38 oh shut the hell up, we don’t like her.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2019 9:41 PM

Okay, the generous side of me bids hearty good wishes to the happy couple. Dispensing those, let's get down down to the nitty gritty. He's been divorced less than a year? I would follow the advice of the late Dr. Joy Browne (Ann Landers on the radio): wait a year to date after the death of a spouse or a divorce.

Katherine Schwarenegger's mother said in an interview a long time ago that her name might have gotten her foot in the door, but she still had to prove herself. It appears that she may have thrown that advice by the wayside when it comes to her daughter. This young woman has been on the Today Show billed as a so-called "Lifestyle expert." The offspring of celebrities and politicians should earn their stripes like the rest of us. On NBC and the Today Show in the past decade you've had Clinton and Bush daughters foisted upon us. Now, it's another Kennedy.

I understand that your circumstances may give you a leg up on the competition, but why not start from the bottom? The son of Meredith Vieira is doing just that. He wanted to go into TV journalism. Okay. He's at some backwater station. So too with one of Lester Holt's sons.

As for faith, well her family is Catholic. Will there be some dispensation given to allow a Catholic wedding? Watch out for that one! Such hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2019 9:53 PM

Just browsed through his Instagram. Is Katherine's brother gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2019 10:10 PM

Martin Short's wife died in 2010 and Martin is still single. I guess some men can take care of themselves and some can't.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2019 10:27 PM

He is a douche. He’s also balding and ageing badly. Not that Anna Farris is any better, they both treated their animals like shit.

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2019 10:30 PM

When Rick Moranis's wife died, he left acting and public life, and devoted himself to raising their two children. He hasn't remarried, so yes, some men can be alone - even actors.

As for Pratt... my guess is that he's as ambitious as hell, and likes the idea of marrying a Schwarzenegger because that makes him more of an action hero by association. And she wants to marry someone because she needs something to do with her life, and if she wants kids to give her life meaning, then he wants kids so he can do the family thing over. That's so incredibly common among straight men, if there's a problem with the kid or kids, he's out of there and starting over with a new family.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2019 11:52 PM

R42 Patrick Schwarzenegger dated Taylor Swift...so yes.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2019 12:21 AM

R35 Hope she doesn't mind him giving away Maverick on social media

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2019 12:25 AM

He’s really in love with thi$ $chartzenegger. $he’s $o $pecial, he really love$ her for her.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2019 12:37 AM

Outrage over the cat thing is stupid. People give up their cats when they have kids all the time. A coworker of mine did it last year because the cat hissed at the baby when it crawled around and she didn't like it. If the cat really was shitting everywhere than the kid could eat it or play with it before the parents notice at some point. For a variety of reasons. You look dumb if you're actually "outraged" over that.

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2019 12:40 AM

R48 The youngest Kennedy's are worth like $30 million each. And a bunch of that is in a trust fund they can't just use at will. He's almost certainly richer than her

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2019 12:42 AM

So what I used twitter to give away our pet? I have some people who follow me and I thought maybe somebody would be thrilled to have my old cat. And guess what… Somebody was!

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2019 12:48 AM

[quote]Jesus...how long before he goes full Kirk Cameron and only makes Rapture related films? Place your bets!

Whenever it happens, it can't come soon enough.

The last thing we need is another Bible-thumping, deranged bigot with a public platform, much less one with A-list star power to back it up.

At least the likes of Kirk Cameron, James Woods and Tim Allen have been securely relegated to D-Z list status, but this oaf has money and power to push his fundie views.

I don't think he's officially thrown the gays under the bus yet, but you know that shit is coming any day now. These religious fundies are like clockwork with that.

The fact that he just married a Kennedy doesn't bode well. Now he has a secured a solid connection to the political elite. Won't be long before he's following Arnold's footsteps.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2019 12:52 AM

[quote] Bible-thumping, deranged bigot with a public platform

With some people, simply saying that you are a Christian will inspire this kind of rhetoric. It's unhinged

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2019 12:59 AM

The Governator was a staunch Republican but the Kennedys are loyal Democrats. Pratt's weird Christianity seems like he'd be right of Ronnie.

I bet (hope) Caroline is furious and raging.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2019 1:04 AM

Katherine was born the same day as Taylor Swift, Dec. 13 1989

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2019 1:15 AM

R55 Taylor and Chris would have been a much better match.

by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2019 1:18 AM

Nah Taylor would have walked all over him. He wanted a relationship where he'd be the more aggressive one

by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2019 1:19 AM

Taylor, with her myriad offenses, is still better than the fundie Starlord

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2019 1:25 AM

"With some people, simply saying that you are a Christian will inspire this kind of rhetoric. It's unhinged"

Only right-wing Christians, idiot. Some Christians are okay, but obviously they're in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2019 1:26 AM

I thought born again types don’t like Catholics. Strange pairing.

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2019 1:31 AM

“The youngest Kennedy's are worth like $30 million each. And a bunch of that is in a trust fund they can't just use at will.“

Paupers.

by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2019 1:32 AM

Katherine is actually quite pretty. Hopefully she'll age better than Maria.

by Anonymousreply 62January 15, 2019 1:49 AM

Some of Joe Kennedy's great-grandchildren have next to no money of their own, if previous generations spent it or had so damn many children that the fortune was shared with a hundred cousins.

I presume the Schwarzenegger children have solid trust funds, their father having earned so much in his heyday that he'd have been looking for ways to shelter it from the IRS. And it's not like any of them have real jobs, it seems they don't need to work.

by Anonymousreply 63January 15, 2019 1:52 AM

Some of my neighbors are children of minor stars and long forgotten C listers and they don’t have to work. So a child of Arnie has got to be set for life unless he made the decision not to support them which he clearly hasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2019 1:57 AM

$30 million each? That's bullshit.

The Schwarzenegger kids are rich because of their father's investments from bodybuilding and film. He put a great deal of those investments in real estate. Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg is very wealthy because Maurice Tempelsman advised her mother in her investments after her divorce from Onassis.

The rest of the Kennedys of the generation of Maria Shriver and Caroline Kennedy are well off but hardly have the wealth of their two cousins and their families.

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2019 12:07 PM

I've said it before and I say it again, Chris Pratt might be smiling but it doesn't reach his eyes. He's created a funny man image but it's all just an act. The way he and his cunt wife treated their pets really said all you need to know about how truly Christian this asshole is.

With Pratt you always feel there's something bad happening behind the scenes. I suspect something will leak out eventually. If he can keep it all hidden he'll possibly get into politics.

I could obviously be totally wrong. In any case I used to think he was funny in Graham Norton until I realized how carefully he'd created his act. Nothing was spontaneous. People like him can be extremely dangerous if they have power, especially with religion involved.

by Anonymousreply 66January 15, 2019 12:45 PM

Who's Chris Pratt?

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2019 12:46 PM

For (R65): Jackie and Aristotle Onassis did not divorce. He died.

by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2019 12:53 PM

For all the pissing and moaning on this, nobody has any idea what the Pratt/Faris marriage was like. As much as I enjoy Faris, she might have been hell to live with and they may have lived separate lives long before the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2019 1:01 PM

God, he’s such a dumb, skeevy redneck.

I’m surprised Maria S. Encouraged her daughter to date a man who was still technically married.

Trashy on all sides.

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Sorry R68. My mistake. He died before he could divorce her. The estate settled with her, but the bulk of the Onassis estate went too Christina.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2019 2:08 PM

She seems like the sort who's either a virgin or wants to be one. Only religious types get married this quickly, unless there's a green card involved.

What kind of special needs does Pratt / Faris' son have? All I can tell from photos is that he wears glasses.

by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2019 2:16 PM

People need to calm the fuck down about the cat. It was a dick move, but it doesn’t make him a monster. The born-again nonsense does, however.

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2019 2:55 PM

I agree bringing up the cat thing as a reason you don't like him makes you seems childish. One of my best friends gave away her cat on facebook before she moved to Colorado last year and it never even occurred to me there could be something wrong with that

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2019 3:01 PM

Christians have established a long history of unrepentant bigotry, r53. They have yet to earn good faith.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2019 3:04 PM

[quote]People need to calm the fuck down about the cat. It was a dick move, but it doesn’t make him a monster.

It actually does. Giving away a senior cat on Twitter and making a joke about the whole thing says a lot about his character, and obviously of hers as well. He acted like he had no clue animals are capable of having feelings. I used to like Faris but the whole cat thing and then later the dog made it clear she's total scum as well. No wonder these two cunts were together.

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2019 3:04 PM

I'm thinking it's because his son has special needs that he had contacts with Maria Shriver as the Shrivers run the Special Olympics and other organizations for people with learning disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2019 3:08 PM

OP=Fat frau

Fat Frau thread.

by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2019 3:36 PM

Pratt and Faris could have hired a full time cat tender if necessary. Or, you know, get your cat medical treatment to address the problem. They had the resources. But, nope... much easier to just throw away a family member of 15 years the minute there’s a health issue.

It doesn’t surprise me he was dating before his divorce was finalized, and now engaged only 2 months after the divorce. Both are total trash moves.... and not very “Christian.”

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2019 5:05 PM

Or you could give the cat away it's not that big a deal. Some people are way too into animals. Calling them "members of the family" oh lordy. He had an actual child to worry about it. It's a non issue for sane people

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2019 5:52 PM

Wondering if religion is going to be an issue. Both Schwarzeneggar and Shriver are Catholics. Pratt is some flavor of Fundy...those don't mix too well.

by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2019 6:07 PM

R81 they both go to some church called Hillsong - which I guess is a fundie sect of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 82January 15, 2019 7:50 PM

R80, I certainly hope sociopaths like you never get to own any animals. Anyone who sees pets only as things and not as members of the family are mentally just too damaged to be trusted in any meaningful way.

by Anonymousreply 83January 15, 2019 7:55 PM

I assume Miss Patrick is the bridesmaid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 15, 2019 7:57 PM

R82, DL has past threads on Hillsong. Definite "prosperity" cult, called out as such all over the media as well as by non-pap attention seeking Christian ministers and leaders. They target celebs as a marketing tool. Originated in Australia with strong claims of pedo ministers forced to quit.

Worse Hillsong doesn't publish their financial records. Investigations uncovered that they give extremely little to charity, despite outrageous claims to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 85January 15, 2019 8:28 PM

R85 sounds like good old Joel Osteen.

by Anonymousreply 86January 15, 2019 8:52 PM

It's a megachurch. Worst way to worship. It makes it far easier and more profitable to grift.

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2019 1:40 PM

R46 Taylor Swift dated Conor Kennedy, who was barely legal at the time. She did not date Patrick Schwarzenegger.

Marrying a Kennedy is like marrying American royalty or being part of Camelot. Hence, the celebrity attraction to the Kennedys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 19, 2019 6:32 PM

I guess the name still carries some mystique, but the Kennedys are not what they once were. The dynasty ended when JFK Jr. and Ted Kennedy died. I think Pratt is more likely marrying her because she is Arnold's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2019 6:46 PM

Re-homing a pet is kinder than sending it to the pound.

Other than that, I am not familiar with the characters in this drama. It sounds kind of creepy but you never really know what goes on in a marriage.

by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2019 6:47 PM

Chris Pratt, who came from humble beginnings, wants to be part of the American upper class or marry into old money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 19, 2019 6:53 PM

A very Kennedy wedding (a photo of the fiancée's maternal grandparents)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 19, 2019 7:22 PM

Agree with R89. Does anyone still care?

by Anonymousreply 93January 19, 2019 8:02 PM

R93, no. Few people, under 60 years old, think of the Kennedy family as American royalty. The Kennedys are history.

by Anonymousreply 94January 19, 2019 8:14 PM

I wouldn't say that. Joe Kennedy III is considered one of the rising stars of the dem party.

by Anonymousreply 95January 19, 2019 8:29 PM

Yes R95 certain Kennedys have a certain cache. But the family as a whole? No. And JKIII is more famous because he's anti-Trump than his name. Beto or AOC are more well-known and discussed. The family still has a lot of money, but the "shine" is gone

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2019 8:34 PM

Can confirm. Everyone in my office is under 35 and “the kennedys” means nothing to them. We were discussing Jackie O and some of them didn’t know Jackie O and Jackie Kennedy were the same person which is pretty bad. Nobody knew JFK Jr. A few did know Bobby Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 97January 19, 2019 8:38 PM

The fiancée modeling a wedding dress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 19, 2019 8:55 PM

[quote]I’m surprised Maria S. Encouraged her daughter to date a man who was still technically married.

Maria is still married and has been dating some guy for the past 3 or 4 years

by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2019 9:03 PM

The Kennedys were largely assholes but Eunice and Sargent Shriver were the very best. Both of them should have been President. Eunice was far more intelligent, hardworking and a better politician than any of her brothers. So was Sarge who unlike the Kennedys came from old Maryland aristocracy and who was faithful to his wife.

by Anonymousreply 100January 19, 2019 9:12 PM

Yeah dudes an asshole! God forbid someone wants to believe in god and not be a degenerate piece of Hollywood shit anymore! Especially at 40, I mean the guys in his debauchery prime!!!! The amount of hate is insane. Probably got sick of his wife and found something better. cant say I blame him, Anna always seemed like an insecure needy bitch. If he was a real POS like you guys say, he would be living that Scott Disick lifestyle instead of marrying a 30 year old broad.

by Anonymousreply 101January 19, 2019 9:14 PM

Classic Kennedy style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 19, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote] Re-homing a pet is kinder than sending it to the pound.

Those are the only options? In any case re-homing can be extremely cruel if the animal is old and has been with you their whole life. Giving up an old pet like that and turning the whole thing into a tasteless joke like Pratt did tells of emotional coldness. BTW, Pratt acted like he was the victim when he was called out for being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 103January 19, 2019 11:24 PM

[quote] Giving up an old pet like that and turning the whole thing into a tasteless joke like Pratt did tells of emotional coldness

No it doesn't, normal people give up pets everyday. This is a complete non-issue. People only bring it up on here because they are desperate for some reason to justify their dislike of his religion. And this is not a convincing one.

by Anonymousreply 104January 19, 2019 11:40 PM

I am a Christian. And I 100% understand and support attacks on homophobic Christian people and policies. It's right to shame Karen Pence for teaching at that school. It's right to attack evangelical groups that lobby against gay rights.

But attacking someone who has no history of homophobic remarks or actions, just because they are Christian, that, to me, is bigoted. I feel the same way about deplorables who hate good Muslism people, just because they are Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Agreed, R100, Eunice Shriver was the real deal. I only remembered, while I was looking her up, that her sister Jean is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 106January 19, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote]No it doesn't, normal people give up pets everyday. This is a complete non-issue. People only bring it up on here because they are desperate for some reason to justify their dislike of his religion. And this is not a convincing one.

My my, not caring about animals you've spent years with is fine and dandy but ridiculing someone for being in a money grabbing cult is just so wrong? How very Christian of you. In any case I don't really give a shit about his religion, it's his and Faris's lack of compassion for their pets that says they are scum. However if Pratt really is in that culty hipster church it will be interesting to see what his alt-right fanboys will say about it.

by Anonymousreply 107January 23, 2019 6:05 AM

I seem to remember hearing that cat poop could be disease carrying that might be dangerous to a pregnant woman.

Only remember hearing this long ago when a cat owning family member was pregnant.

Sorry, I can't remember the details.

Anyone else hear this?

by Anonymousreply 108January 26, 2019 7:33 PM

R100 - Thanks for your on point comments about the Shrivers. Sarge in particular. A much better person than any of the people in the family he married into.

Badly treated by the Kennedys and their acolytes who wouldn't support him when he ran as VP because he "wasn't a Kennedy".

The Peace Corps was his baby. He made it work. His success. Does he get credit for it? No.

And it was Shriver who told JFK to call Mrs Martin Luther King after King was jailed during the 1960 election. That led to King's father powerful support for JFK in the election. Bobby Kennedy strongly disagreed.

As for Eunice, she might have been smart but took credit for starting the Special Olympics which were really started by Chicagoan Anne Burke, who Eunice conveniently forgot to mention. So, no, Eunice has too much "take all the credit" Kennedy attitude.

As a kid I bought into all the Kennedy BS. And now I don't.

I don't like to be lied to.

by Anonymousreply 109January 26, 2019 7:37 PM

Shriver took care of the money. He was respected.

by Anonymousreply 110January 26, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote] Shriver took care of the money

No.

Stephen Smith took care of the money.

He was the husband of Jean Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 111January 26, 2019 7:45 PM

r103 there is an ethical argument that euthanizing can be a better option than surrendering an elderly pet for adoption

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 26, 2019 7:53 PM

It wasn't just the cat, there was the dog found wandering the streets. When they adopted the dog, it was made clear that should they be unable to care for him, they had to return it to the shelter. They ignored this part of the contract that they signed. As they say on Law and Orrder, it goes to character. One instance of questionable pet owner behavior? Eh. But two? That's a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 113January 26, 2019 7:53 PM

[quote]As for Eunice, she might have been smart but took credit for starting the Special Olympics which were really started by Chicagoan Anne Burke, who Eunice conveniently forgot to mention. So, no, Eunice has too much "take all the credit" Kennedy attitude.

That's a real shame.

by Anonymousreply 114January 26, 2019 8:17 PM

Pratt says he wants "lots of kids" with Katherine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 27, 2019 9:51 PM

R108 I have heard that and know a woman who gave away her two cats years ago when she decided to have kids. I know another family where they gave the cat away because it hissed at the baby and they didn't feel safe.

I've also known plenty of people who have away cats because they were moving. I very nearly took one a few years ago. I got my current cat from someone who had to get rid if her. I was just fortunate she was young

by Anonymousreply 116January 27, 2019 9:59 PM

Men like Chris, overemotional and HAS to be in a serious relationship, are often the best in bed. They are super concerned with their partner getting off.

Katherine is very young and probably just not used to a guy like that

by Anonymousreply 117January 30, 2019 12:20 PM

R116, sounds like you hang out with a very trashy crowd.

That’s not normal behavior.

Get better friends.

by Anonymousreply 118January 30, 2019 12:28 PM

Hey, you dried up barren bitties! Maybe Chris is just into Katherine, wants to marry her and fuck some babies into her with his fat, splooge oozing cock.

by Anonymousreply 119January 30, 2019 12:35 PM

Love how in that photo he’s all into her with his eyes closed, and she’s just fixated on that rock on her finger.

Typical.

by Anonymousreply 120January 30, 2019 12:49 PM

R116 Two of those examples came from coworkers so no, it's not a trashy crowd I hang out with. It's how most people who aren't weirdly obsessive behave. Pets are nice and you should treat as well as you are able no no well adjusted person will seriously make the lives of their entire families worse or turn down a promotion that would make them move somewhere non pet friendly just for an animal. Grow up

by Anonymousreply 121January 30, 2019 1:01 PM

^^^meant that for R118

by Anonymousreply 122January 30, 2019 1:01 PM

he's a cunt

by Anonymousreply 123January 30, 2019 1:01 PM

R117 I agree, men like Chris will always rush into marriage. And Katherine is only being this stupid because she's discovered orgasms for the first time

by Anonymousreply 124January 30, 2019 1:04 PM

When they remarry that quickly after divorce or death, that means they've been fucking for a while on the side.

by Anonymousreply 125January 30, 2019 1:07 PM

So true, R89. People don't care about the Kennedys anymore, except maybe very old people, and many of the younger generations would (sadly) not be able to tell you who they are/were. Go into any school in anywhere USA and you will see that the Kardashians have replaced the likes of the Kennedys.

Also wanted to add that I never really thought Chris loved Anna all that much. She has stated how he was interested in her at all when they first met, and she was the one who pursued him somewhat relentlessly. And he relented. That's how I have always seen their relationship. She seems like she has a host of personal issues that must be a nightmare to deal with, then the premature special needs child, added to did he ever really want to be with her in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 126January 30, 2019 1:10 PM

how he WASN'T all that interested in her

by Anonymousreply 127January 30, 2019 1:11 PM

Most people in other countries think America is way to into their pets. Bizarrely so, they are animals. Most of us regularly eat other animals. Where I'm from, you may really bond with your goat, but there's a good chance you will have to kill it one day. That's just part of life. This hyperbolic crying over just giving the animal to someone else seems unhinged from the outside

by Anonymousreply 128January 30, 2019 1:30 PM

I wish then "lots" of fat kids

by Anonymousreply 129January 30, 2019 2:03 PM

They still have a lot of money...not Gates, Walton or Buffet rich, but still rich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 30, 2019 2:13 PM

R130. They collectively own a lot of money but it's split too many ways at this point. A successful movie star would have much more than one of the younger ones

by Anonymousreply 131January 30, 2019 2:15 PM

The Schwartzeneggar fortune is probably much larger than what Maria Shriver has/had...but she made a lot from television herself.

by Anonymousreply 132January 30, 2019 2:20 PM

Sarge also made sure his kids didn't turn out like the other Kennedy's.

There was something I read about him telling another Kennedy spawn, there was nothing wrong with crying.

by Anonymousreply 133January 30, 2019 3:23 PM

R121, telling someone to “grow up” when they are calling you out for shitty behavior is pure deplorable maga.

So is mistreating and neglecting animals.

So is being completely unable to imagine there could be people who would actually honor their commitments (here, to an animal.)

You actually think it’s “grown up” to chuck an animal just because it might take an extra day or two to find a pet friendly apartment? (Unlike you, Ive lived all over the US and never had a problem finding an apartment that would allow pets.)

Prople like you think it’s crazy not to chuck a commitment the moment it becomes a challenge.

Pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 134January 30, 2019 7:00 PM

I don't think giving away a pet is mistreating or neglecting it. Unless you know for a fact the person you are giving it to will abuse it of course.

It's very stressful and alarming for young kids to move as well. Is it abuse when parents decide to move the family anyway? I think this idea that the animal will go through such severe stress from moving, that it is akin to abuse, is childish.

And again, you really don't see this sort of over the top behavior when it comes to pets outside of America

by Anonymousreply 135January 30, 2019 7:41 PM

R133 the Shriver kids were playing with Bobby Kennedy's unruly mob and one of the Shrivers got hurt and started crying. Bobby Kennedy yelled "Kennedys don't cry". Shriver shouted back "he's a Shriver and he can cry if he wants to".

It was also Sarge who planned and organized JFK's funeral (and Jackie claimed credit). Sarge also went to work for LBJ on the Great Society thereby infuriating Bobby Kennedy who hated LBJ. When Jackie Kennedy gave her gossipy memoirs to Schlesinger when she was still under Bobby's spell, she trashed both Eunice and Sarge. Funny thing, later in life Jackie wouldn't let her kids near any of the Kennedy kids, only the Shrivers passed muster with her.

by Anonymousreply 136January 30, 2019 8:46 PM

[quote] And again, you really don't see this sort of over the top behavior when it comes to pets outside of America

People in modern societies tend to see pets as family members, because they are. You wrote earlier you live in a country where people raise goats as pets and then eat them. I wouldn't necessarily act like an expert on how to correctly treat your elderly pets if I were you. And enough with the bitter you-Americans-know-nothing attitude. It just makes you sound like an idiot. I'm fairly certain loving one's pets is a universal thing. You obviously have problems with your empathy. And you're possibly some lunatic Pratt fan trying to defend his honor.

by Anonymousreply 137January 30, 2019 8:52 PM

My parents sent our elderly dog to live with my aunt because we had lots of stairs and she had a one story house. I guess they were monsters too.

by Anonymousreply 138January 30, 2019 8:55 PM

R135 says somebody who has never lived in the UK, France, Germany, Scandinavia, etc. where people love their pets just as much as Americans do.

by Anonymousreply 139January 30, 2019 9:03 PM

I've lived in Jamaica, the UK, and France and have never seen people froth at the mouths over pets like I've seen here.

by Anonymousreply 140January 30, 2019 9:07 PM

[quote] Where I'm from, you may really bond with your goat, but there's a good chance you will have to kill it one day.

I'm sure where you're from, you may even fuck it.

I can understand under certain circumstances giving up a pet, but that's always the last resort for any conscientious pet owner. My partner and I adopted our dog 10 years ago, when his original family had to give up all their pets (two dogs and a cat) when their new baby was born who was severely allergic to all sorts of things. You don't give them up just because they create a slight inconvenience in your life.

by Anonymousreply 141January 30, 2019 9:08 PM

R141 Chris Pratt gave up his cat because he had a baby and the cat had health issues that made it keep having accidents around the house. How is this different from how you got your pets?

by Anonymousreply 142January 30, 2019 9:11 PM

What about the dog who was found roaming the street? One pet I can understand under the circumstances I described. They seemed to have a knack for "displacing" pets as soon as they would get bored with them.

by Anonymousreply 143January 30, 2019 9:13 PM

R140 Jamaica's third world. People in third world countries don't like pets, they're too poor. Brits and French LOVE their pets. 40 millions d'Amis...

by Anonymousreply 144January 30, 2019 9:27 PM

Bans on pets are FAR more common on properties in the UK than they are in the US. People also move around much more in the UK. There are far less people staying in the same apartment 10+. That leads to pets being given away far more often. And it's really not a big deal.

And insulting Jamaica isn't hurting my feelings. There are many reasons I left it. So have at it. That being said there's no real concept of pets. People have animals on the farm. Often for many years. Often you grow close to the animals, but you may have to sell it or kill it for meat or because it's sick and you can't afford care or is just not worth it. And its just not a big deal. You may be sad, but it's not thought of as abuse. Just a necessary part of life

by Anonymousreply 145January 30, 2019 9:43 PM

Pratt really slid into douchedom very easily. Went from likeable to intolerable. He doesn't realize that women with the Kennedy gene never age well. Divorced by the time she's 35.

by Anonymousreply 146January 30, 2019 10:16 PM

I'll say this for Katherine. She started dating him while he was chubby Chris and she still was into him apparently.

by Anonymousreply 147January 31, 2019 11:34 PM

Pratt hasn't been truly chubby since Zero Dark Thirty when he started posting selfies of his abs. And obviously he used to be a model before so it's not like he was a super fatso who just recently turned into a hottie, if you can call him that.

by Anonymousreply 148February 1, 2019 1:52 AM

I wonder if Pratt becoming a prick or a bigger prick is another reason why Guardians 3 isn't being made.

by Anonymousreply 149February 1, 2019 2:51 AM

Probably not, R149, there has been behind-the-scenes drama that didn't directly involve him.

by Anonymousreply 150February 1, 2019 2:54 AM

That weird nondefense he gave of James Gunn probably didn't endear him to his costars any.

by Anonymousreply 151February 1, 2019 3:02 AM

Men are also Gold Diggers -

by Anonymousreply 152February 1, 2019 3:43 AM

R152 he's much richer than Katherine

by Anonymousreply 153February 1, 2019 10:59 AM

[quote] That weird nondefense he gave of James Gunn probably didn't endear him to his costars any.

Pratt was in a tight spot cause he couldn't alienate his sizeable alt-right fan base. I was surprised he even opened his mouth at all.

by Anonymousreply 154February 1, 2019 2:57 PM

Quit queer shaming Patrick by suggesting he’ll be her bridesmaid. We all know that Christopher, the fat one, will have the honor of being shoehorned into that dress. There’s no way Katherine will be out shone by a brother who’s skinnier and prettier than herself on her special day. Speaking of the obese one, I hope Pratt isn’t imaging that Katherine’s “superior” Kennedy/Aryan genes are gonna amalgamate with his own and create baby demi gods. We all know he’s constantly fighting off his own recessive fat genes, and Katherine probably carries the same genetic material which spawned her round as a barrel brother.

by Anonymousreply 155February 12, 2019 6:49 AM

R147 he made her cum. Like him or not, he seems the type of guy that can at least make fish cum.

by Anonymousreply 156February 12, 2019 6:53 AM

Will this also be an open marriage so he can fuck guys on the side too? I wonder...

by Anonymousreply 157February 12, 2019 7:05 AM

Gotta feel bad for Chris Schwarz. His dad is AHNOLD and his same week of birth bastard brother is ripped as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 158February 12, 2019 7:06 AM

He is the WORST Chris ever. Apart from the anti-gay church, he is also guilty of multiple animal cruelty affairs

by Anonymousreply 159February 12, 2019 7:08 AM

[quote] multiple animal cruelty affairs

oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 160February 12, 2019 1:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 12, 2019 1:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!