Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Conservative S.E. Cupp Tells Trump To Give Up: ‘This Is What Losing Looks Like’

“This is what losing looks like, Mr. President,” she said. “You’ve lost this one. You’re not getting your $5.7 billion border wall ― not from Mexico, not from Congress and, I’m willing to wager, not from taxpayers either.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2019 11:37 PM

S.E. Cupp is about to learn just how her fellow conservatives feel about women who aren't being useful idiots.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2019 6:40 PM

He won’t back down. This man is 100% irrational and illogical. That wall will be built, sadly. Ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2019 6:42 PM

Poor R3, how sad he will be when the US protects its borders the way every other civilized nation does.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2019 6:43 PM

No way will Congress agree to fund it. The Wall is not happening.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2019 6:43 PM

The only reason for open borders is to aid lawless activities like drug smuggling, gun running, human trafficking, and illegal immigration.

The Democrats will lose big in 2020 by campaigning in favor of drug smuggling, gun running, human trafficking, and illegal immigration.

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2019 6:44 PM

Laughing at the desperate trolls still trying to push "the wall."

There was never a plan for a wall as Trump promised and there never will be. Physically impossible, legal nightmare, fiscally unsound. It's not happening.

He'll get a few more miles of fencing, maybe. He'll lie and insist he "won."

by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2019 6:45 PM

R6 = Donald Trump Jr, who is soon to be indicted by the way.

by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2019 6:45 PM

R6 thinks we've already forgotten the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2019 6:45 PM

[quote] Trump has the Democrats cornered. He isn't backing down. He does not have to. The Wall will be built.

This is what delusional looks like.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2019 6:45 PM

R9 forgets that it would have been worse for Trump in 2020 if he had a Republican controlled House and Senate in 2019. Having the Democrats gain control of the House is the best way to expose the Democrat's agenda which is far more favorable to illegal aliens than it is to US citizens. The vast majority of Americans want border security.

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2019 6:49 PM

I didn't realize that the DL was infected with Trumpsters. News flash, morons: there won't be any wall built. Even if he declares an emergency, the Roberts court will shut it down by a 5-4 vote. When that happens, he'll back down even if he refuses to accept defeat publicly. All of you saying otherwise are complete morons.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2019 6:51 PM

I don’t understand why he didn’t push for the stupid wall when he had majorities in both houses of Congress. He waits to make a stand on this issue until the Democrats are in control of the House and won’t give in to him. I think he’s just picking a fight now to distract from his other troubles.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]The vast majority of Americans want border security

Border security is not the same thing as a wall.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2019 6:51 PM

Haha, the old "GOP wins by losing" trick. No one buys it, R11.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2019 6:51 PM

That's exactly the point, r13. He wants to try to use it to scapegoat the Democrats. Like everything the Republicans attempt, it couldn't be more transparent.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2019 6:57 PM

So much delusion on the right, I think Trump the Religious Cult is inevitable. Long term delusion needs mass hysteria as its last harbor.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2019 7:00 PM

[quote]I think he’s just picking a fight now to distract from his other troubles.

That’s what Dump and his cronies have always been about. It is their one of their tactics of choice.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2019 7:04 PM

I think the only reason Trump is still pushing the wall is that Putin told him he has to do this. Trump is not a fighter, any push back and he runs away from it no matter what it is .

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2019 7:09 PM

The "Wall" is just a "MacGuffin" to try to prove his Base that his balls are bigger than Nancy's. Which, of course, they are not.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2019 7:10 PM

Hold tight, Nancy. Dems, do not give in. Make him lose.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote]I don’t understand why he didn’t push for the stupid wall when he had majorities in both houses of Congress.

Because the wall is a Republican racist scare tactic. They didn’t need it until they needed to manufacture a “crisis.” Republicans controlled the presidency, house, and senate for two years and no wall. Suddenly the Democrats take the House and they want the wall.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]Even if he declares an emergency, the Roberts court will shut it down by a 5-4 vote. When that happens, he'll back down even if he refuses to accept defeat publicly.

It will be placed on the democrats regardless of what happens. And his base will stand by him no matter what. It will be framed as a win that was shut down by a Supreme Court who was heavily swayed by democratic opposition. People should know well enough by now how this story is going to play out.

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2019 7:22 PM

Won't someone think of the children????!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2019 7:26 PM

He doesn't want the wall, just needs to look like he's fighting for the wall.

Like everything he's built he wants someone else to pay for it and name it after himself.

He's a dreary bore.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2019 7:33 PM

R24. That pic of Trump is as good as he will ever look. Twitter should make him take it down. He no longer looks anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote] This Is What Losing Looks Like'

“So now it’s time to accept the loss and move on to what’s next - to lose." Grifters like Trump leave a trail of losses.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2019 7:37 PM

Move on to what's next?? Trump has no idea what's next. He has no agenda. He doesn't work. He watches television and tweets. He has no idea what to do if he's not fighting. He doesn't have a clue as to how governing and government works. So what's next? Hopefully a devastating report from Mueller that badly damages Trump and implicates him in massive conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2019 7:42 PM

You're right r28.

Maybe he's waiting for orders from Uncle Vladdie

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2019 8:27 PM

The troll in this thread is such a silly cunt. Nah-nah nah-nah boo-boo!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2019 8:27 PM

^^^ …stick your head in doo-doo.

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2019 8:33 PM

Her name is ridiculous. But she has a point here. When you’re right, you’re right. Even if your name is totally ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2019 8:36 PM

The irony is that no one makes the one cogent argument for or against a wall: walls keep people in and do nothing to keep them out. There is always a way around/over/under the wall, except from within when the guards stand watch to keep the people inside contained, restrained, and in chains.

Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2019 8:49 PM

I don't why the Democrats don't offer him the money in exchange for allowing the DACA dreamers citizenship and signing the Paris accords.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2019 9:08 PM

Poor R33 has never heard of the Berlin Wall.

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2019 9:16 PM

Fake news r35! I'm typing this in East Berlin!

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2019 9:18 PM

SE Cupp isn't coming back to my show, "The View." I have final say on who gets hired, and we have no room for bitches like her.

by Anonymousreply 37January 13, 2019 9:23 PM

R34 thinks we all just forgot what happened one year ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 13, 2019 9:26 PM

Trump has absolutely no credibility. If anyone still believes anything he says they should be committed because they’re either insane or an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 39January 13, 2019 9:32 PM

Women like S.E. Cupp make me glad to be gay. I feel sorry for any man who has to attempt to ejaculate in her disgusting gaping cunt.

by Anonymousreply 40January 13, 2019 9:34 PM

Poor R35 didn't understand the function of the Berlin Wall.

by Anonymousreply 41January 13, 2019 9:42 PM

Poor R33 doesn't understand anything period.

by Anonymousreply 42January 13, 2019 9:45 PM

R34, it's a good point especially since SCOTUS may opt to rule on DACA soon. A DACA case has made its way to SCOTUS and they can either decide to punt or make a ruling. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the current makeup of the court isn't favorable to the dreamers.

by Anonymousreply 43January 13, 2019 9:50 PM

R35, isn't there a Trump rally you should be attending? Does your scooter need a charge?

by Anonymousreply 44January 13, 2019 9:54 PM

I love trolldar!

by Anonymousreply 45January 13, 2019 10:27 PM

R35 has never heard of the walls surrounding Jewish ghettos in Poland during WWII. They were topped with barbed wire and broken glass, and any civilian on either side who approached the wall would be shot on site. And yet hundreds of people (mostly children) went under the wall or through holes in it in order to smuggle goods and arms into the ghettos.

by Anonymousreply 46January 13, 2019 10:37 PM

So what is SE Cupp “conservative” on these days?

I don’t watch her show I’ve only seen her schtick on Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 47January 13, 2019 10:44 PM

An actual wall would cost 100-200 times what Trump is proposing. Is the $5.7 billion just a grift for his buddies, or even his own company? I don't understand where that figure even comes from.

by Anonymousreply 48January 13, 2019 11:23 PM

Trump is stupid to think anyone believes that the opposite of a wall is open borders

by Anonymousreply 49January 13, 2019 11:26 PM

Trump is no stranger to "What Losing Looks Like."

by Anonymousreply 50January 14, 2019 7:09 AM

R48. You're exactly right. The $5.7 billion is basically a down payment on a wall. The actual cost of the wall would be five to six times more than this demand.

The Dems must hold firm and not give; otherwise, they will in effect be committing to nearly $30 billion.

by Anonymousreply 51January 14, 2019 8:01 AM

The Great Wall of China was built at a time when they didn’t have security cameras, drones, cellphones, walkie talkies, computers, 24 hour remote surveillance, motion detectors, airplanes, cars or even guns. I think they used bows and arrows back then. All they had to do is put a wall down and it was impenetrable. All they had was horses, and horses couldn’t get through a wall. They didn’t even have hacksaws or Home Depots. So it made sense back then.

We are living in a completely different era now. I have a camera hooked up to my front door that uses a motion detector and only runs if something moves. My neighbors all have them too. If something suspicious happens, we share video and warn each other. It costs very little.

We have shared video and caught many thieves, helped a young runaway return to her family, reunited many lost pets and their owners, and reported local accidents and crimes to each other. And we’ve never met.

The cameras are super cheap and can be placed anywhere. They only work if something moves in front of them. If it’s a false alarm, or an animal, no big deal. The video gets saved for months.

Part of the land on the border is owned by a Natuve American tribe that got it from a treaty with the U.S. government. It can’t be used without their permission. And they say no. Eminent domain doesn’t apply to that, since technically the U.S. government doesn’t own it. They gave it away. The tribe does.

Getting the land for the wall would take years of court battles with individual landowners. Every case is different. So why not just put some motion detectors, cameras and drones out there? It never occurs to people that most of this can be done by automated systems, not people.

by Anonymousreply 52January 14, 2019 8:02 AM

The Great Wall of china, impenetrable, you say? Better let the Jin dynasty and the Huns know, cause they breached it.

by Anonymousreply 53January 14, 2019 8:31 AM

Ignore Trump, he's a delusional moron. McConnell is the fucker that we need to be kicking in the balls.

by Anonymousreply 54January 14, 2019 8:48 AM

Impenetrable according to Trump, I guess you could say.

The alarm system I have now went off because somebody touched the garage door. They called me and and told me. I didn’t even know.

Trump himself probably has some type of alarms or security at his houses. Why is it so hard for him to believe they can set something up at the border too? This is all theater. Not even Trump thinks there is no other way, unless he’s so senile he forgot he’s guarded by Secret Service, not a wall.

by Anonymousreply 55January 14, 2019 1:25 PM

R53, are you trying to use the example of the Huns and the Jin Dynasty as support for a wall, then? Who, exactly, are your modern parables for the Huns and the Jins? It can't be the targets of Trump's discrimination, since these seem to be mostly women and children fleeing violence, gangs and certain death (and not MS-13 members, who can and do freely move across borders because they're smarter than Trump's base). The points R52 made are spot-on when it comes to why a wall along our Southern border is not workable, modern, and least of all, effective; you dotted R52's i's and crossed his t's when you chimed in with that less-than astute observation (but don't tell R35; he won't grasp it).

by Anonymousreply 56January 14, 2019 2:26 PM

[quote]are you trying to use the example of the Huns and the Jin Dynasty as support for a wall, then?

What on earth makes you think that that is what r53 is saying?

It seems to me that you have r53 exactly 100% wrong.

by Anonymousreply 57January 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Yeah, it's clear that r56 didn't understand r53.

by Anonymousreply 58January 14, 2019 2:38 PM

I think I do understand R53, and that has been my point all along (and I mean going way back to when Trump proposed this stupid wall): walls don't work. What they do, as I tried to point out at R33, is that they have unintended consequences, like keep those inside captive rather than keeping those outside from entering. This goes to the deplorable argument that they think building this wall is going to stop migration; it underlines that they have little, if any, understanding of how our immigration system works, why it doesn't, and how people actually do migrate to the US (and as I always have to say, it isn't swimming across the Rio Grande).

Is what R53 trying to say is that the measures outlined by R52 are going to be as ineffective as a physical barrier? Maybe I'm late to this argument.

by Anonymousreply 59January 14, 2019 3:03 PM

Dems need to just keep emphasizing technology and more bodies at check-points. It neutralizes everything they say. Lather, rinse, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 60January 14, 2019 3:45 PM

Yes, r59, r53 is only saying that walls are ineffective and even the Great Wall of China had been breached back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 61January 14, 2019 3:51 PM

Two Girls, One Cupp.

(Well, actually two CUNTS, one Cupp.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 14, 2019 4:53 PM

Trump doesn't give a shit about security, he's just continuing his drumbeat to his fearful idiot base.

by Anonymousreply 63January 14, 2019 10:22 PM

I am starting to like SE.

by Anonymousreply 64January 14, 2019 10:45 PM

GOP is even more guilty. They are enablers and manipulators of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 65January 14, 2019 10:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 14, 2019 11:07 PM

That Cupp person looks like a MtF.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2019 11:25 PM

Agree R21. I do not want the Dems to budge.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2019 11:36 PM

This Manchurian candidate doesn’t care about the wall so much as he does the division and disarray in America at the behest of his handler...

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2019 11:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!