Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Political Irony

Without going into specifics, it IS conceivable that the Russia Investigation could bring down both Donald Trump AND Mike Pence. Next in line - Speaker of the House.

So we could have our first female President after all.....Nancy Pelosi !!!!

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2019 8:44 PM

Fox News would have a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2019 2:44 AM

Hypothetically...

I think pence would resign first and trump would appoint a new vp.

Republican would get approved by senate.

Sorry Nancy but wish it would be true...

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2019 2:45 AM

Maybe Pence will resign and Trump will appoint Ivanka. Talk about IRONY!

by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2019 2:46 AM

R2 Yes. That's true. But Pelosi and her fellow Democrats are shrewd and very crafty. I'm sure she is highly aware of the possibility and wheels are turning. It could be why she doesn't want an impeachment hearing. Maybe she's hoping it will go straight to indictment. And if both Trump and Pence are found to be complicit in Election tampering... well, I'm not smart enough to figure it out - but she is!

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2019 2:49 AM

It's not possible and I wish you'd stop trolling DL with this.

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2019 2:52 AM

If Pence went down with Fat Orange I would die happy. I really would.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2019 2:54 AM

[quote] I think pence would resign first and trump would appoint a new vp.

[quote] Republican would get approved by senate.

R2, please re-read Section 2 of the 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution:

[quote] Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of [bold] both [/bold] Houses of Congress.

That is BOTH Houses of Congress. Good luck getting some Trump pick through a Democratic House.

And, R5 I'm not the OP, but it is certainly possible if Pence is made to resign first and Trump has to resign after that. How likely is it? We may be about to find out.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2019 2:55 AM

HA, ha! Every single deplorable would go out and buy, mix up and drink their very own Kool-Aid laced with cyanide!

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2019 3:06 AM

I'd be thrilled. She'd do an excellent job of leading the country.

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2019 3:10 AM

Much as I would like this to be true, is there any evidence that Pence is caught up in this Russia business?

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2019 3:13 AM

Doesn’t this get posted all the time? Stop trolling, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2019 3:14 AM

As conceivable as a recount now and putting Clinton in. Yes, I too wish him and his evil empire would tumble, but it's not happening, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2019 3:18 AM

R3 you may want to learn what the word 'irony' means

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2019 3:19 AM

Look at the Constitution, R12. While this may be unlikely, it is possible under the Constitution. Clinton taking office after the election through some late-breaking recount is completely impossible.

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2019 3:25 AM

The Democratic-led House will never let the VP slot to be filed. Not considering the likelihood that Trump won’t finish his term, meaning a Pelosi Presidency.

I haven’t heard anything about Pence being implicated in anything, though, so we’ll just have to see about that.

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2019 3:26 AM

I've heard Pence and McConnell are all in, up to their asses (and 21 other rep. Senators), in this. A mass purge is a coming.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2019 3:36 AM

R16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2019 3:55 AM

R17, да светлана

da svetlana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2019 4:01 AM

Shelby Daines Hoeven Kennedy (LA) Moran Thune Mitch Cornyn Barrasso Blunt Gardner Cotton Graham Grassley Paul Rubio Tillis Toomey Lee Johnson Heller Hatch

Kompromat! Goin' down!

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2019 11:06 AM

R8, hope springs eternal.

Let us hope r19. Keep hope alive!

by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2019 9:32 PM

They were discussing this possibility on MSNBC yesterday, and someone mentioned that considering all the many unprecedented acts that have taken place since 2016, this isn't that out of reach.

by Anonymousreply 21January 4, 2019 4:30 PM

R19: Um, Heller was defeated this past election in Nevada. And Borin' Orrin Hatch retired in favor of Willard Romney. Update your list there.

by Anonymousreply 22January 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Father Pence is inconsolable since his butt boi is leaving town. He's ready to just go home as well. Post-coital link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 4, 2019 4:52 PM

Every republican senator will sell his wife and children before that happens. They all know that if that happens their asses are fried.

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2019 4:56 PM

R23: How Stalinist of him. Will the show trails be on Fox Nazi News or Fox Nazi Business Channel?

by Anonymousreply 25January 4, 2019 5:10 PM

^^ TRIALS. Oh, dear. I'll give Nick Ayers a spanking as my penance.

by Anonymousreply 26January 4, 2019 5:11 PM

I’ll give mike pence a spanking

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2019 8:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!