Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sabrina Duncan

I’ve been watching Charlie’s Angels again on MeTv. It’s amazing how the character of Sabrina Duncan is so lezzy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 14, 2019 6:45 AM

Up yours, Beamish!!

by Anonymousreply 1December 29, 2018 4:51 PM

Such a lez!

by Anonymousreply 2December 29, 2018 5:09 PM

I knew Sabrina Duncan. She also knew Bootsy Gumdrops, my first cat that I got at a shelter.

by Anonymousreply 3December 29, 2018 5:38 PM

Sabrina had been married to fellow police officer Bill. They divorced only because she wanted to focus on her career.

Once she joined Charlie’s team, she barely had time to bake her famous nut loaf for the gals.

by Anonymousreply 4December 29, 2018 5:54 PM

I want to slap that hair off her head. It is triggering anger and madness in me. Who came up with that monstrosity?

by Anonymousreply 5December 29, 2018 6:06 PM

She has Lily Tomlin-Billie Jean King hair.

by Anonymousreply 6December 29, 2018 6:17 PM

I'm watching Angels in Vegas, with special guest stars Dean Martin, Scatman Crothers, and Dick Sargent as I type.

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 7December 29, 2018 6:21 PM

These two look like they have something to hide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 29, 2018 6:23 PM

Damn striaght OP.

Sabrina ain’t no mug cradler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 29, 2018 6:26 PM

I wouldn't lose my head over those co-stars, R7.

by Anonymousreply 10December 29, 2018 6:27 PM

My mother was a waitress in the 70’s and used to wait on Kate. She said she was a reall sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 11December 29, 2018 6:28 PM

Loved Sabrina.

Kate has fallen on hard times, sadly.

Jaclyn claims to be a friend but merely laughs at Kate’s situation now.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2018 6:41 PM

Elaborate, r12 .

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2018 6:52 PM

I remember a scene where Kate, Jaclyn and Farrah were running across a hilly field or something like that, and Kate was running like a sporty lez, Farrah's running style was feminine but athletic (she was a good tennis player), and Jaclyn was dainty and not at all athletic. Definitely when I watch the show back, Kate gives off a lez vibe, but the majority of viewers really didn't pick up on that during its original run.

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2018 7:24 PM

If Kate wasn’t lez why was she protrayed as lez?

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2018 9:01 PM

I wonder if she ate Kris out?

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2018 9:40 PM

So did she have a glass eye or not?

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2018 10:03 PM

No she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2018 10:22 PM

I hated her character as a child. When we would role play CA I was Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 19December 30, 2018 5:34 PM

I was in grade school when Charlie's Angels was on, and during recess, all the girls would fight over who got to play Kelly. Every girl wanted to be Kelly. Some would be fine with being Jill or Kris. However, none of the girls wanted to be Sabrina except for the one tomboy. At least Sabrina was easy to "cast" since our tomboy delighted in playing her. I always got to play Charlie. It was basically my grade school version of me with all my fag hags.

by Anonymousreply 20December 30, 2018 5:37 PM

R20, I always liked playing Jill or Kris because they were the blondes.

by Anonymousreply 21December 30, 2018 5:39 PM

I always wanted to be Beamish.

by Anonymousreply 22December 30, 2018 5:40 PM

I was quite the little CA obsessed child. The other boys world be playing baseball or football and I’d be role playing Kelly Garrett or Tiffany Welles.

by Anonymousreply 23December 30, 2018 5:42 PM

Grade school? I want to be Kelly *NOW*.

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2018 5:44 PM

I was 5-6 years old at the time.

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2018 5:46 PM

Kelly got addicted to heroin and was shot in the head twice. I wouldn’t aspire to be her.

by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2018 5:47 PM

My friend Annette was Kris. My “friend” Barb was Sabrina/lez and I was Kelly and occasionally Tiffany.

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2018 5:48 PM

[quote]Kelly got addicted to heroin and was shot in the head twice. I wouldn’t aspire to be her.

The heroin wasn't her fault.

As far as the head trauma, she still maintains her memories of Bootsy Gumdrops, her first cat that she got at the shelter.

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2018 5:48 PM

When I played Charlie's Angels as a middle-school boy with my sister and our (girl) neighbor, I was always Sabrina (at the time, I was okay with it because I liked the character, "the smart Angel" and had kind of a boy crush on Kate Jackson).

I now see the butchness translated to to kids watching. Cool in a weird way.

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2018 5:54 PM

I’m re-enacting a CA episode as we speak. I’m Big Aggie and I’m intimidating Chicken (Kris). Pretending we’re in prison. I would rather be Big Aggie than Sally Kirkland who played another dyke.

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2018 6:48 PM

Sabrina was never quite ladylike like the other gals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2018 8:55 PM

And she had a penchant for plaids and flannel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 30, 2018 8:57 PM

Kate made a deliberate choice to play Sabrina that way, and I think it's one of the ways she anchored the show.

I'm guessing Bri was bi, which makes me want to have her stay in my house this weekend to offer me protection.

by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2018 8:59 PM

Not cradling her mug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2018 9:00 PM

She chose to make Sabrina bisexual and not feminine.

by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2018 9:00 PM

A tender moment with Kris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 30, 2018 9:02 PM

Heavenly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 30, 2018 9:02 PM

Bull dyke character

by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2018 9:03 PM

Kate was more fem looking prior to Charlie's Angels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2018 9:05 PM

It's a shame she messed up her face. She was aging pretty well prior to that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2018 9:08 PM

The only Angel who could pull off a disguise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2018 9:08 PM

She looks good today.

by Anonymousreply 42December 30, 2018 9:13 PM

As a gayling I liked Sabrina and never the more feminine angels. I wish someone had told me back then that this was a little test for being gay. It would have saved me a lot of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 43December 31, 2018 1:49 AM

I loved Sabrina, and the way she would handle the. bad guys. They'd reach for their gun, and she'd utter "Uh uh" or "I wouldn't."

She'd say "hold it" and the thug would say "says who?"

"Uh, I think I just did." Such an awesome dyke.

by Anonymousreply 44December 31, 2018 1:56 AM

Watch this montage and feel your Sabrina appreciation grow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 31, 2018 2:13 AM

Loved her look during her "Dark Shadows" days.

On a mostly unrelated note, I loved the guy who played her husband on "The Rookies". While everyone else drooled over Michael Ontkean, it was Sam Melville for me.

by Anonymousreply 46December 31, 2018 2:36 AM

I was a teen when the show aired, and yeah, she grounded the show. She was the only one in any way believable as a detective and being able to take care of herself. It's strange because she was never the sexy idol from the show, but in my opinion, the show couldn't survive after she left. It could survive Farrah leaving, but not her. She was the only one who could act.

by Anonymousreply 47December 31, 2018 2:44 AM

I knew when she played Daphne on Dark Shadows in the early 70's that she was going to be a big star. She just had it. She was in 3 successful series - Rookies, Charlie's and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Her Baby Boom was a bust.

by Anonymousreply 48December 31, 2018 3:28 AM

Every woman named “Kate” is a lez.

by Anonymousreply 49December 31, 2018 3:55 AM

I hope this national enquirer article is not true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 31, 2018 4:19 AM

I personally asked Jaclyn Smith, who has a net worth of nearly $90 million, to reach out to her and possibly offer just a little help. She would not.

by Anonymousreply 51December 31, 2018 4:21 AM

The first trio - Sabrina, Kelly, Jill - angel perfection. All the others were just backup chicks from Charlie's jiggle stash at his sex ranch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 31, 2018 4:25 AM

R47 I think they really underestimated how important Kate was to the show. She brought believably and some intelligence to the show.

Kate had been unhappy pretty much since the beginning (the quality the scripts, the rep the show got as a jiggle show, Farrah becoming the star of the show, later on she didn't like Cheryl Ladd, and was very bitter they wouldn't let her out to do Kramer vs Kramer and became totally insufferable on set. It got so bad they get got rid of her at the end of Season 3. Shelley Hack was a poor choice for a replacement. She wasn't much of an actress and wasn't believable as a former cop/private detective at all.

by Anonymousreply 53December 31, 2018 4:42 AM

I remember freaking out over a burning building cliff hanger and my mom explaining cliffhangers. Poor Mom....

by Anonymousreply 54December 31, 2018 4:56 AM

Kim Cattrall and Lyle Waggoner were both guest stars on Charlie's Angels at one point.

by Anonymousreply 55December 31, 2018 5:02 AM

Kate Jackson has been married three times. Each marriage only two or three years. Kind of weird. One time to hunky Andrew Stevens!

by Anonymousreply 56December 31, 2018 5:18 AM

Kate Jackson loved a turtleneck. If that doesn't scream lesbian I don't know what does.

by Anonymousreply 57December 31, 2018 5:29 AM

If Maryann from Gilligan's Island can get a GoFundMe page so should Bri!

by Anonymousreply 58December 31, 2018 6:31 AM

She hasn't worked in years. She was notoriously trouble on all sets that she worked on after CA. For the last over 10 years she's barely been seen -with rumors of drugs ,hoarding, and mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 59December 31, 2018 6:36 AM

Is it true she’s living out of her car?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 31, 2018 7:10 AM

When I was young, I used to think the 'friends' on TV were friends in real life. Obviously that's not true. I know Jaclyn has no real responsibility to help Kate, but I still wish she would.

Not that I would help former coworkers, I suppose!

by Anonymousreply 61December 31, 2018 12:20 PM

Lets face fact. Sabrina Duncan is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 62December 31, 2018 12:58 PM

Jaclyn and Kate were great friends during CA.

by Anonymousreply 63December 31, 2018 2:20 PM

R63 I wish Jaclyn would reach out to her. Perhaps she has.

by Anonymousreply 64December 31, 2018 2:26 PM

As a 10 year old gayling during the show’s initial run, my two straight best friends and I each chose and put up an Angel’s poster in our bedrooms. I chose Sabrina, the smart and not-sexually threatening one. One of my friends, who in his army days loved to engage Filipina hookers, chose Farrah. The other chose Jaclyn.

by Anonymousreply 65December 31, 2018 2:31 PM

I agree, R53. Without Kate as Sabrina, the show suffered mightily. She was the best actress of all the Angels, although Cheryl Ladd acquitted herself nicely when given some decent material, but she still wasn't the actress Kate was. I loved Jaclyn as Kelly Garrett the best like just about everyone else I knew, but watching back she's the weakest actress of the bunch until Tonya Roberts came along. Without Kate/Sabrina, the show lost that one character who could ground it and make it at least somewhat plausible that these women were a successful detective agency.

It's funny because when she originally left the show, we all thought it was her decision, and at least that seems how the press played it for the most part. But with all these retrospectives, I learned that the producers got rid of her because they were sick of her attitude. Kate acted like it was a mutual decision, but from what I now understand it was mainly the producers who were tired of her bitching and making the set a miserable place. I bet they kicked themselves when Shelly Hack came on and the show's ratings steadily dropped throughout that year--a drop from which the show never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 66December 31, 2018 3:57 PM

I know it's been debated/argued many times but I still say the producers were very unfair to Shelley. When people talk about how she wasn't much of an actress, perhaps she wasn't, but it also wasn't as if they ever really gave her a chance to prove herself or get better either. Virtually from her first appearance on the series, she was relegated to the sidelines with one or two lines of dialogue at the most, then when ratings dropped over the course of the season, they blamed her as an excuse to get rid of her. I guess I say this not as some Shelley Hack defender, but just because on work she's done post-Angels, she turned in some fairly good performances. No Meryl Streep, of course, but competent and probably about as good as anything her former Angels co-stars had ever done (as has been said, Kate Jackson was the only real actress in the cast), which is why I say they should have given her more to do before just dismissing/discarding her.

by Anonymousreply 67December 31, 2018 4:20 PM

She always did her job.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2018 4:25 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I was watching it on Pluto (free app, GREAT). I never even knew it was a show, just a movie. Der. Anyway, I was thinking that she is totally a lez. Absolutely. She must have been gay IRL. def....

by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2018 4:27 PM

Sabrina 💕 Kelly forever!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 31, 2018 4:39 PM

“psssss,,,Cheryl is a cunt!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 31, 2018 4:43 PM

Yeah, R67, Shelley gets a bad rep and much of it is unfair. First of all, the producers made a huge mistake of making Tiffany a former sorority girl Easterner. The character of Tiffany could not replace the essential character of Sabrina Duncan in the manner the producers chose. Then as you point out, Tiffany was usually sidelined. The producers that year also seemed to separate the Angels a lot, and even had Chris and Kelly compete for the same man (no less than Patrick Duffy from Dallas!). The show's storylines pulled away from the things that appealed to the viewers the most. But I still think Kate was irreplaceable. That's what killed the show.

by Anonymousreply 72December 31, 2018 4:44 PM

[quote] HOLY CRAP!!!!! I was watching it on Pluto (free app, GREAT). I never even knew it was a show, just a movie.

This cannot possibly be true.

by Anonymousreply 73December 31, 2018 6:09 PM

I was happy as hell when Kate Jackson left the show. At least Shelley Hack was feminine and was smart too!

by Anonymousreply 74December 31, 2018 7:51 PM

Shut the fuck up, Cheryl!

by Anonymousreply 75December 31, 2018 7:54 PM

I recently saw The King of Comedy for the first time and Shelley Hack popped up in a role. I won't say it was an acting tour de force, but I think she did a good and believable job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 31, 2018 8:15 PM

There’s a great scene in THE 24TH DAY (2004) where a closeted poz bi guy and a promiscuous spray, played by Scott Speedman & James Marsden respectively, discuss the Angels they admired growing up.

Scott’s Jersey guido character mentions that while he grew up pretending to lust for Farrah to fit in, he secretly always loved and looked up to Kate and thought she was the hottest for being “smart” and “athletic”. James’s character mocks him for it, and argues that Jaclyn was really the hottest.

by Anonymousreply 77December 31, 2018 9:00 PM

He's your father and you'll respect him!!!

by Anonymousreply 78December 31, 2018 10:01 PM

Loved Kate as Sabrina but hated her mousy house frau in Scarecrow and Mrs King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2018 10:41 PM

I’m a straight woman, but even as a kid, I knew that Uncle Arthur from “Bewitched” was gay. Although I didn’t know what gay was. I also had that feeling about Kristy McNichol and Jodie Foster and Elton John and of course, Sabrina.

When we played “Charlie’s Angels”, no one wanted to be Sabrina, even though she was badass with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 80December 31, 2018 10:46 PM

I fucking HATED Scarecrow and Mrs. King. One of the worst shows ever.

by Anonymousreply 81December 31, 2018 10:52 PM

Kate Jackson starred in Making Love as a woman married to a gay man. Also starring Harry Hamlin and Michael Ontkean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 31, 2018 11:33 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 31, 2018 11:38 PM

Kate looked best on The Rookies.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2019 12:25 AM

The scripts on Charlie’s Angels were not great but Kate was nominated for TWO prime tasting me Emmys for Best Actress

It’s too bad CA didn’t fire her in time to let her do the Streep role in Kramer v Kramer

She anchored CA

She was most beautiful in The Rookies

Shelley got a bum rap

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2019 1:18 AM

Prime TIME

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2019 1:19 AM

Tasting me Emmys!

by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2019 1:19 AM

Shelley Hack was hot. Kate Jackson was not.

by Anonymousreply 88January 1, 2019 1:43 AM

Jaclyn and Kate stayed friends for a very long time. Jaclyn had her as a guest on Shear Talent, the hair competition show she hosted. Kate is, I think, godmother to Jaclyn's daughter, who was born in '84 or so. They were photographed hanging out together at events over the years, they helped each other through breast cancer (Kate's in the '80s and Jaclyn's in the late '90s or aughts: they were more than coworkers, they were good friends.

I've posted this before, and I say it as a huge Kate Jackson fan. She is mentally ill and she self-medicates with pills and it has been going on for a very long time. It always made her tough to work with, and in the past 15 years, it tipped over the edge and has made her basically unemployable. Every available piece of evidence points to all of this being the case.

Around 2000 she did a guest shot on Sabrina the Teenage Witch (a low point which pointed to what was ahead) and that's when I really noticed it. She was always a decent actress and she certainly had lots of experience trying to lift crappy material, but she seemed really unfocused in this guest spot. Don't know how to describe it exactly, but it seemed like she couldn't concentrate and she was strange in a way that I'd never seen her be before, and I've seen almost every single thing she's ever done. Honestly, she never seemed normal again.

I always wanted to be Sabrina when we played Charlie's Angels.

by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2019 1:49 AM

If she's that ill then that explains why she has refused requests from her former Dark Shadows cast mates to join them at the conventions. Lara Parker has said she tried many times to convince her.

by Anonymousreply 90January 1, 2019 1:54 AM

Shelly was not hot.

by Anonymousreply 91January 1, 2019 1:55 AM

All six of the Angels were drop-dead gorgeous. Any claims to the contrary are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 92January 1, 2019 1:56 AM

I’m surprised the prison bug spray scene hasn’t been reimagined for the big screen.

It was traumatic for this gayling.

by Anonymousreply 93January 1, 2019 1:55 PM

R93, can you imagine how much more traumatic it would have been if you had seen lady parts?

by Anonymousreply 94January 1, 2019 2:20 PM

A bigger problem was that Shelley had a similarity to Cheryl Ladd and even the same coloring. They wanted someone like Barbara Bach, Barbara Carrera, Susie Bono or Persis Khambata which would have given the show some "diversity" and some contrast among the angels.

by Anonymousreply 95January 1, 2019 2:53 PM

She did just fine as Paget's mom on Criminal Minds, r89.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 1, 2019 3:00 PM

KATE JACKSON IS A GODDESS.

by Anonymousreply 97January 1, 2019 4:37 PM

Shelley’s Tiffany Welles character was smart like Sabrina with the added bonus of being sophisticated AND pretty. She was feminine too!

by Anonymousreply 98January 1, 2019 4:39 PM

I don't know if she came off as lezzy to children. My sister and I used to play Charlie's Angels and I was always Kris, at the time she was my favorite. I kinda grew up to have a little fetish for blondes. My sister was usually Sabrina because she was a bookworm and smart. We gave our other sister the role of Kelly but she never played with us because she was older and didn't want to play with us.

by Anonymousreply 99January 1, 2019 4:47 PM

r98, but Tiffany DID give me a lez vibe. Maybe I was older but she pinged to me. It's not just whether someone is feminine or not.

by Anonymousreply 100January 1, 2019 4:48 PM

The reason CA went down in ratings is because they broke their own cardinal rule of they're can be only one blonde cast member at a time

by Anonymousreply 101January 1, 2019 4:59 PM

I don’t give a shit. Give me season 4 with Shelley Hack as TIFFANY any day over lez Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 102January 1, 2019 5:05 PM

You preferred Tiffany's seasons over Sabrina because you thought she was lezzie? Really, who the fuck are you, some homophobe?

at 4:17, she talks lezzie with Kelly. How you like that one. Would have like to see that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 1, 2019 5:13 PM

I didn’t like the fact that Sabrina wasn’t a.lez and still chose to act like one. Irritated me as a little kid. Give me Tiffany!

by Anonymousreply 104January 1, 2019 5:25 PM

Didn't they reportedly dye Tanya's black hair a dark red so that she wouldn't have the same hair coloring as Jaclyn? That's what I recall reading at the time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 105January 1, 2019 5:55 PM

No one cares one iota what happened with Tanya, she killed the series. It was getting cringy 80s with Tiffany but still watchable but with Tanya I was out.

by Anonymousreply 106January 1, 2019 6:39 PM

Team Tanya!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 1, 2019 6:44 PM

Ugh, Tanya Roberts was dreadful. One of the worst Bond women ever.

by Anonymousreply 108January 1, 2019 6:54 PM

I thought the Kelly Garrett (Jaclyn Smith) character was really boring. I know that's a minority opinion.

However, R89, thank you for reminding us about Shear Genius (reality show / hairdressing competition), hosted by Jaclyn Smith, which brought us Tabatha Coffey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 1, 2019 7:15 PM

It was not a bad thing that CA started going more towards a glitzy, Dynasty style feel but the problem was Shelley Hack was too wooden. Also, they put the show against the NBC reality shows like Real People and it didn't survive.

by Anonymousreply 110January 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Thanks for the story, R20. It made me laugh out loud. Very cute.

by Anonymousreply 111January 1, 2019 7:27 PM

Thanks for sharing that R89

by Anonymousreply 112January 1, 2019 7:31 PM

Kate Jackson during her CA days would have been perfect as the lead in Birdbox!

by Anonymousreply 113January 1, 2019 7:37 PM

Reading about how many of you played characters from a TV show made me wonder if kids still do that in the age of mobile phones and iPads. Something tells me that they don't.

by Anonymousreply 114January 1, 2019 7:42 PM

R114, I don't see why not. I've sharpened my claws playacting The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 115January 1, 2019 8:07 PM

They originally wanted a brunette, blonde and a redhead when originally casting the show. Kate was cast first (since she was known name and intended to be the star of the show), then Farrah, and they couldn't find a redhead they liked so they cast Jaclyn, who they liked. Kate was originally supposed to have played Kelly and Jaclyn to played Sabrina. That was because Kate wanted to play the smart one. That's why Jaclyn was used so much in the pilot. Leonard Goldberg said ABC called them after seeing the pilot and insisted they replace Jaclyn because she couldn't act! They insisted she stay and that she wouldn't be giving anything too challenging.

Shelley Hack was so bad in her first episode, they cut a big chunk of her lines and gave them to Cheryl Ladd instead. She improved a little later on in the season, but Shelley rubbed some people wrong behind the scenes and the rating were dropping big time, so she got the axe.

by Anonymousreply 116January 1, 2019 8:32 PM

Sabrina drove the shittiest car of them all. An orange Ford Pinto. At least Kelly had a Mustang and Jill/Kris the Cobra II.

by Anonymousreply 117January 1, 2019 8:49 PM

And when Jill retired, Sabrina decided to keep driving the crap Pinto.

by Anonymousreply 118January 1, 2019 8:52 PM

I hated that shitty Pinto as a kid and hate it now.

by Anonymousreply 119January 1, 2019 9:30 PM

The original concept was Three Emma Peels but CA had very little in terms of style. Their cars were lousy, the clothes were lousy and the sets were lousy. Hair was A+

by Anonymousreply 120January 1, 2019 9:45 PM

Shit Pinto!

by Anonymousreply 121January 1, 2019 10:30 PM

The Pinto made me quit and move back to Boston!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 1, 2019 10:43 PM

Please do not associate me with that loser car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 1, 2019 10:48 PM

I can’t believe Tiffany and Julie drove a 1976 Pinto in the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 124January 1, 2019 10:49 PM

^ oops forgot to sign r123 as Julie Rogers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 1, 2019 10:50 PM

She also drove the 1976 Pinto, r125.

by Anonymousreply 126January 1, 2019 10:54 PM

Didn’t Kelly’s Mustang blow up in Season 1?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 1, 2019 11:02 PM

I forgot about all the cars. Show must've been sponsored by Ford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 2, 2019 5:32 AM

Wasn’t Jill a racecar driver?

by Anonymousreply 129January 2, 2019 5:55 AM

Yes, LOL Ford Motor Company got a nod in the end credits.

by Anonymousreply 130January 2, 2019 9:20 AM

I liked the Cobra II.

by Anonymousreply 131January 2, 2019 1:23 PM

Who you callin" a lezie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 2, 2019 4:12 PM

I only recently found out it was Kate who came up with the name Angels. The show was originally called The Alley Cats but was then changed to Harry's Angels, and then finally to Charlie's Angels.

I loved the show as a little gayling. Me and my older sister both loved Sabrina, other kids in the neighborhood preferred Fawcett and Jaclyn. I don't really remember why we loved her but I suspect Sabrina just seemed smarter than others and wasn't there to just show her tits.

by Anonymousreply 133January 2, 2019 4:40 PM

I remember long ago reading that when Kate saw the car, she asked "Whose bright idea was it to make it orange?"

And why, if you are a detective who might actually have to follow someone would you drive (1) a low end car like the Pinto and (2) an orange one?

by Anonymousreply 134January 2, 2019 5:03 PM

Kate Jackson and Edward Albert were a couple for quite a long time. Were they engaged?

I think they did at least one TV movie together.

They were also on Celebrity Bowling. Here is part 1 of the episode with the teams

(1) Rory Calhoun and Frankie Avalon

vs

(2) Kate Jackson and Edward Albert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 2, 2019 5:08 PM

Part 2 of Celebrity Bowling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 2, 2019 5:09 PM

Kate Jackson and Edward Albert on the Mike Douglas Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 2, 2019 5:10 PM

Kate and Edward Albert did 2 made for TV movies in 1974.

Killer Bees with Gloria Swanson !

AND

Death Cruise with Richard Long, Polly Bergen, Celeste Holms and Tom Bosley

Both are available on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 138January 2, 2019 5:15 PM

Kate did quite a number of TV movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 2, 2019 5:19 PM

So Edward Albert Jr was gay too?

by Anonymousreply 140January 2, 2019 5:20 PM

I remember seeing her on a talk show after she and Andrew Stevens divorced.

She said he backed up a truck and cleaned out her bank account.

by Anonymousreply 141January 2, 2019 5:37 PM

Just when you think there's nobody around watching. Just when you think there's nobody around listening. Just when you think you can play with yourself - you can't.

by Anonymousreply 142January 2, 2019 7:09 PM

Sabrina Duncan vs. Craig Devious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 2, 2019 7:16 PM

The bitch is in her Pinto now on MeTv!

by Anonymousreply 144January 2, 2019 9:42 PM

She looks so different with long hair.

by Anonymousreply 145January 3, 2019 1:40 AM

Fake Sabrina appears to have aged better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 4, 2019 4:13 PM

R146 that’s just gross!

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2019 6:11 PM

She’s on tv now acting lez!

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2019 9:47 PM

Any chance of a cameo in the next movie?

by Anonymousreply 149January 5, 2019 12:14 AM

The Tiffany Welles thread is gaining momentum. It had better not overtake this one. You bitches need to get on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 5, 2019 7:48 PM

I remember having Charlie's Angels magazine pictures all over my grocery-bag paper book covers in eighth grade. My cynical, no-doubt gay-spotting English teacher Miss (not Mrs) V noted it, asked me which of the three was my favorite, and when I said Kate she kind of smiled and said said something like "she's the one who will still look good in 20 years."

It was only years later that I learned that Miss V had lived her entire adult life with a female partner, a teacher also; they made their home in a town just outside the school district boundaries and kept to themselves. Good for them, in a tough time!

by Anonymousreply 151January 12, 2019 4:46 PM

More on Bri Duncan!!! More! Post More!!!

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2019 6:03 AM

[quote]r11 My mother was a waitress in the 70’s and used to wait on Kate. She said she was a reall sweetheart.

Well, sure. She was probably putting THE MOVES on your mom!

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2019 6:15 AM

I remember sneaking downstairs to watch "Making Love" on HBO once as a kid.

That movie was so confusing since Kate seemed so lesbianish. I thought they were both going to come out. Odd they cast her.

by Anonymousreply 154January 14, 2019 6:20 AM

This blogger has gone to great lengths to unmask Sabrina and Kelly's covert behavior:

[quote]Basic Elements of Subtext - Or Lesbian Subtextual Archetypical Behaviour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 14, 2019 6:23 AM

"Go get her, lesbians!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 14, 2019 6:36 AM

R8: BWAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 157January 14, 2019 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!