Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Walgreens offer emergency refills?

My doctor is out till next Monday (appt is wed) and my Metformin ER runs out with no refills after tomorrow? Will I be okay without it for just 5 days? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2018 9:50 PM

Call them. Sometimes you can get a few pills. Also drs usually have someone on call who will call in a script. I had to have crabs medication called in on a Sunday. But only once, I'm no whore.

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Is there anyone at your doctor's office while he's away? The pharmacist can call the office and get approval for a refill if someone is there. If they deem it a real emergency someone in his office could call him at home (or wherever he is) if there are no other doctors in the office. In any case, go to the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist and see what he/she recommends to be done.

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2018 8:22 PM

My pharmacy will give me 5 days worth of meds if they have a problem getting in touch with my doctor. That may be standard policy.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2018 8:24 PM

OP, call and request the prescription. Pretend you didn't notice there are no refills. They probably will give you enough to get through. Do you test more than once a day? If you can't get the pills, continue your diet and exercise as normal.

by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2018 9:09 PM

Tell them you lost it op, they will give you a full refill. don't go without your metformin

by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2018 9:11 PM

R4, yes, I test my sugars everyday. I eat like shit stll unfortunately. If I can’t get the pills, I will cut down on carbs and shit drastically til my wed appt. I think I’ll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2018 9:12 PM

R6, What's your average daily number? I won't tell you how to live your life but since you're still producing some insulin you are being given an opportunity to not become insulin dependent. Why throw that away?

by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2018 9:44 PM

Go to a quick check type clinic--both CVS and Walgreen's usually have one. Some hospitals have them too.

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2018 9:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!