Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Neighbor is throwing diapers into yards

I live in Portland Oregon and have had an ongoing problem since I moved to the SE. My neighbor to the right of me passed away and his family has let the property become overgrown and have only shown up once since last summer to take care of the property. This isn't that bad, but the neighbor down the street has been throwing her kids dirty diapers into their yard for about 6 months. We used to clean it up, piles of diapers, 20-30 at a time when we picked them up, but now the yard has become do overgrown that I can't see them, and we are sick of cleaning it up. The family with the vacant house live in the NE of portland and don't not really care. I caught the lady red-handed about 2 months ago and since then it has actually escalated, and now I am finding them in my yard, one was left on my doorstep and another was shoved in my mailbox. I have talked to the police, but they don't seem to care. I could go and confront the lady and her boyfriend, but they seem like hipster tweakers. The boyfriend has a huge neck tattoo, which isn't intimidating, it just makes me feel that it wouldn't be that smart to confront them. I have no clue as to what to do.

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2018 8:00 PM

Beat her up, then kill the baby

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2018 7:33 PM

According to the Koran, to get justice you need to shit in a diaper and throw it on her lawn. Hope that helps.

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2018 7:35 PM

Contact the city officials who oversee property neglect.. Talk to the other neighbors who live around the house and ask them to help out, too. Provide them with contact info that would be helpful. Let officials know about the dumping of trash on the neglected property. It might take some time but eventually something might change. There are ordinances about illegally dumping trash, too.

Both the diaper-tossing woman and the family that own the property are crazy. Isn't there a housing shortage around Portland?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2018 7:40 PM

Illegal dumping, Portland,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2018 7:40 PM

Oops, wrong link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2018 7:41 PM

r3s advice is good - but by the time the city responds, it's quite possible the child using the dirty diapers they are throwing out will be potty-trained! :)

Anytime you have dumping of human feces, you're also talking about a public health risk to the neighborhood, so it might not be a bad idea to contact your regional health center

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2018 7:46 PM

I have had to mow /trim several lawn nearby so as not to allow the "broken window" effect take hold. I feel your pain, however. My non- PC partner handles these situations not so delicately and I feel like I have a target on my back after that but I 'm still here!

by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2018 7:51 PM

..oh, and R7 here again. The new thing here is dog walkers collecting poop, as they should in the little plastic bags, but then just dropping those about the place.!

by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Burn their house down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2018 8:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!