Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tai Lopez

Discuss the scammy self help douche best known for YouTube ads showing off his Lamborghini.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 27, 2021 4:23 AM

Who is this guy?

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2018 7:49 PM

^ An inspiration to aspiring douchebro millionaires, that's who.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2018 7:52 PM

Vice article from a few years ago:

"Leaving the Lopez estate, I was unsure if I'd even peeled back the first layer of this onion. I followed up with Lopez and his assistant, but even then, it was difficult to tell if he was knowingly scamming people or honestly trying to help them. Lopez has a habit of speaking in riddles, and seemed more interested in quoting public figures and going on an endless catalog of tangents than giving forthright responses to my questions. Like a feral child raised by Ted talks. But there were also times when I saw his humanity shine through, and against all odds, it made me feel for him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2018 7:59 PM

As sleazy as that Dan Bilzarien loser.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2018 9:24 PM

Tasteful Friends, what do you think of his "Beverly Hills mansion"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2018 9:52 PM

A taste of Tai:

"It’s not about how much you make - it’s about how much you make per unit of time."

Whatever that means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2018 5:46 PM

Nobody on DL bought his 67 Steps program?

by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2018 10:12 PM

Will THIS get DL's attention?

Cut? Uncut?

Sizemeat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2018 11:44 PM

He’s a grifter in a ridiculous car.

This is the type of sociopath who won’t kill you, but will fuck you over pretty badly if you have boundary issues.

Guys like this will take all of your money, and never look back. If you run into them years later, they have no fucking clue who you are.

If you’re hanging out with someone who insists on driving these flashy vehicles, watch your wallet. I promise you that they will steal from you eventually, and/or fuck you over in some equally heinous manner.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2018 3:41 AM

Sadly, I'm hanging out on public transit.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2018 3:45 AM

I see r10 met Tai.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2018 3:49 AM

A lawyer who helps people get out of MLM scams talks about Tai Lopez in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2018 3:51 AM

I hope there isn't an Ethan Vanderbuilt scam too,

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2018 3:54 AM

Lopez owns a dating site named “MeetTallMen.com”!

LMAO. The guy looks 5’7, tops.

I appreciate the bald headed dude’s warnings, but you’d have to be a complete idiot in order to believe anything this Tai person says, or to buy anything he sells.

What a fucking loser.

Guys like this NEVER realize that dudes with real money have little respect for them, especially dudes who made money because they were/are actually genuinely bright, and can make money as a result.

These assholes ALWAYS quote Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or Steve Jobs. Not one of those men would pee on them or their orange Lambo if they were sizzling to death in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2018 4:12 AM

His Yelp reviews, mostly bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2018 4:30 AM

I hate his YT ads.

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2018 4:31 AM

He's sort of surface cute - sort of - but the glasses, name, and especially that fucking hair - all have to die.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2018 4:32 AM

I've never heard of Tai Lopez. He seems a bit off and kind of aspie.

by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2018 4:52 AM

KNAWLEDGE.

by Anonymousreply 19December 29, 2018 9:18 PM

Here in my garaaage...

by Anonymousreply 20February 26, 2019 9:19 AM

Reddit bros take down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2019 4:19 AM

Who? (and I just meant that in a rhetorical way). I give zero fucks who he is

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2019 4:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2019 6:02 AM

His target market is young male idiots:

"The ridiculous get rich claims, models, piles of cash, exotic cars, and low-quality video testimonials, are the equivalent of the typos in the Nigerian scam letters — a tactic used to isolate vulnerable targets efficiently."

Quote above from this recent article investigating Tai's claims to wealth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2019 8:20 PM

Uncut.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2019 3:01 AM

People want to believe that they can better themselves. And snake oil salesmen like Lopez exploit that.

These days you could become a millionaire claiming you found the secret to flying on your own and you will share it for a price.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2019 3:26 AM

R12, LOVE Ethan Vanderbilt and encourage everyone to subscribe to his free newsletter.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2019 7:10 AM

Is Tai using his millions to get tested for COVID-19?

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2020 11:47 PM

Looks like Andrew Cunanan.

by Anonymousreply 29March 19, 2020 1:38 AM

Ha! He parks his Lambo in a two-car garage.

But, like Tim Ferris is really any better.

by Anonymousreply 30March 19, 2020 1:47 AM

Tim Ferris is only a small step up from Tai, very small.

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2021 4:08 AM

Tai is a black girl’s name.

by Anonymousreply 32February 27, 2021 4:18 AM

How did he get so rich? Obviously it wasn’t from his self help schemes since he had to be rich in order to teach others how to be rich.

by Anonymousreply 33February 27, 2021 4:19 AM

Hey, Cher, is it true gang members tried to shoot Tai?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 27, 2021 4:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!