Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LG to market big screen tv that rolls up like poster

Dear Santa...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2018 8:02 PM

Oh, man. I just bought two Samsung big TVs. A roll-up sounds awesome!

by Anonymousreply 1December 19, 2018 12:18 AM

Gurl I'm ready for holograms. Fuck TVs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 19, 2018 12:24 AM

Beam down the actual actors to my living room, then we'll talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2018 12:34 AM

Great, so when do I get to have a phone with a display that only needs a cheap 99c piece of glass to give it rigidity & can be easily replaced within minutes whenever it cracks, instead of turning even a hairline crack into a $250+ repair job involving glue, heat guns, and an assortment of tools that looks like something a medieval torturer would have gotten for Christmas?

Seriously. If they can make the display flexible enough to roll, they can pair it up with cheap sacrificial glass for rigidity.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2018 4:38 AM

I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2018 4:44 AM

I've been waiting for these things to hit the market, I saw a tech show talking about them a decade ago

by Anonymousreply 6December 19, 2018 4:46 AM

Can’t I just have a jet pack instead?

by Anonymousreply 7December 19, 2018 5:25 AM

I'll take it over those stupid curved tvs.

by Anonymousreply 8December 19, 2018 7:35 AM

Take my money

by Anonymousreply 9December 19, 2018 8:03 AM

[Quote] Can’t I just have a jet pack instead?...or a flying car?

Oooh yes! A flying car or a teleporter would be good too. Unless it turns into a Fly situation.

by Anonymousreply 10December 19, 2018 8:21 AM

Worst pole evah. Go fuck yourself OP.

by Anonymousreply 11December 19, 2018 8:44 AM

Can I have a medium-sized one, to take on airplanes?

by Anonymousreply 12December 19, 2018 9:14 AM

> or a teleporter

I'll pass on the combo human-replicator/death-machine. I'd rather live a boring life than voluntarily kill myself so a replica can travel to fabulous destinations and enjoy my life instead.

It's been endlessly debated on Reddit and other boards, but the general consensus is that there's no actual transfer of consciousness. "New You" boots up with your memories and personality feeling as if it just stepped through a door, but all YOU get out of the deal is instant death. My sense of self-preservation is just a wee bit too strong to allow that.

by Anonymousreply 13December 19, 2018 8:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!