Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Royal Family Part 10: general gossip and information

Carry on!

Link to prior thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 24, 2018 3:01 PM

You're just a tad bit anal about starting these threads, aintcha?

If someone started one before you could get to it, you'd go nutso, wouldn't you?

by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2018 1:54 AM

Thanx OP! Part 9 just closed at 601 posts.

by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2018 10:52 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 18, 2018 11:06 AM

[quote]Those seams are about to burst.

Method to the madness. Coat open, too- small frock, and the bump cradle (obviously cause she spotted the photogs).

by Anonymousreply 4December 18, 2018 11:09 AM

Did you know she's pregnant? Because she'll adjust her coat to show you her growth if you like.

[italic]I'm[italic] having morning sickness.

by Anonymousreply 5December 18, 2018 11:18 AM

"Pregnant Meghan, 37, donned a £834 midi by LA-based label Brock Collection for the occasion, teaming it with a £550 grey wool coat by Canadian brand Soia & Kyo"

So no British - again - and another Canadian.... Mulroney still slithering around in the background then?

by Anonymousreply 6December 18, 2018 11:20 AM

i'm sorry but it's her worst look ever. the hair looks... not very clean but the dress? the DRESS? the pattern belongs on a grandmother's nightgown and the seams are about to burst as someone already said.... the dress is not season appropriate, it looks like it's supposed to be worn in summer... it's pulling everywhere, it's about 3 sizes too small for her and.... and the shoes don't match the lovely coat NOR the hideous dress. christ.... just.... christ

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2018 11:30 AM

Thats a Thousand Dollar+ dress? You got robbed.

by Anonymousreply 8December 18, 2018 12:03 PM

Cute shoes. Are there no maternity dress shops in England?

by Anonymousreply 9December 18, 2018 12:10 PM

Stop grabbbing your stomach, you dumb bitch!

by Anonymousreply 10December 18, 2018 12:41 PM

I so not get her penchant for wearing summer clothes in the winter and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 11December 18, 2018 12:49 PM

Yeah as much as I hate seeing all this vitriol directed at her, this is not a successful look.

by Anonymousreply 12December 18, 2018 12:57 PM

On the video which accompanies the article you can see the dress without the jacket and the bottom half is so crumpled it looks as if she slept in it. And it's definitely a spring/summer outfit. She could have worn a maternity dress from Target and looked a million times better. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2018 1:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2018 1:06 PM

I guess it's "supposed" to look wrinkled like that? There's no other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2018 1:12 PM

R15 - I think she thinks that, too, that it's a sort of 1940s ruched look (it does have an oddly L.A. 1940s upholstery look) but it's just too tight and her flesh on the upper back is popping out over the dress. She always manages to look faintly absurd, and like she can't stop selling sex. It's December in England, not July in L.A. And her hair looks greasy.

by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2018 1:24 PM

The shot in R14 should put paid to any silly rumors that she's not really pregnant. THAT is a pregnant posterior.

by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2018 1:25 PM

The back of that dress, in the daytime, middle of December, old folks home....I cannot.

I would love to be a fly on the wall as Kate regards these pictures. I bet she allows herself a discreet giggle.

by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2018 1:43 PM

The only defense I can come up with is, being from LA myself, LA people have no idea how to dress for "seasons." They think sun = always warm, grey skies = automatically cold. They own few winter clothes. This is the way Meghan would have grown up. That said, she lived in Canada FFS! And now has access to the best fashion advice in the world.

I wonder what Harry says about these outfits as she heads out the door. He probably looks at the tight fit and thinks it's hot.

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2018 1:47 PM

Now, according to the royal fashion tennis match, Kate must return the shot by showing up somewhere looking impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2018 1:51 PM

I'm betting Megs is doing it all on purpose - the horrible attire/hairdos - to stand out, not to fade into the background as simply another conservatively-dressed royal. No one could be that slovenly and stupid. Then again, considering who she married, perhaps I give her too much credit.

by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2018 2:01 PM

Jessica M. Hates her.....and so does her hairdresser.

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2018 2:22 PM

FWIW, the dress is currently for sale, but I have to think the target market is CA where the brand is located. Even their current line looks very Spring like--not what one would choose for December in London. The dress is apparently made of taffeta which also seems unusual for a daytime choice.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2018 2:29 PM

R17 Take a closer look at that ass. The right low hip bulges substantially lower than the left, more than i've ever seen doing fittings. The left hip looks almost flat, and the overall effect in front is of a squashed pillow.

I am not a conspiracist, and don't much care how people get their children. I can however state that she looks ridiculous. That dress is extremely poorly cut and fitted, another embarrassment to the tattered fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2018 2:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2018 2:32 PM

Eugenie the Environmental Princess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2018 2:52 PM

The dress in r26’s photo would have been much more appropriate for Meghan’s photo op. The ill-fitting taffeta dress with exposed back fat was a very poor choice.

by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2018 3:05 PM

Hi, it's MEagain. I never met a camera I didn't like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2018 3:10 PM

Why is she holding her bump when she's unveiling a plaque?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 18, 2018 3:12 PM

Meghan's fancy signature. Can you tell she did calligraphy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 18, 2018 3:14 PM

I really thought she was starting to get a glimmer of an idea on how to dress herself and then this.... mess. Ugly dress, badly fitted, non-British label, wrong season, unflattering grey palette AGAIN, weird fabric choice for daytime, dirty hair, back fat.... I will guarantee most of the old ladies in that actors retirement home are better dressed and giving her side eye.

by Anonymousreply 31December 18, 2018 3:15 PM

One of the best looking British royals ever - Prince William of Gloucester would have been 77 years old today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 18, 2018 3:18 PM

The Queen and her late sister Margaret at Balmoral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 18, 2018 3:19 PM

The Queen's outfits for the Christmas message broadcast over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 18, 2018 3:21 PM

A rare photograph of the Queen eating a strawberry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2018 3:23 PM

She's in her element. Lovely picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 18, 2018 3:24 PM

Perfect poses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 18, 2018 3:24 PM

Queen On A Train.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 18, 2018 3:25 PM

the whole frickin' baby bump-cradling thing is out of hand! I see bitches here set up entire photo shoots to get multiple shots of them in different outfits, cradling their crotchfruit-in-the-making. Then, of course, they post them all over social media and hang framed ones in the foyer.

by Anonymousreply 39December 18, 2018 3:29 PM

It's December, Meghan. Maybe maybe that dress would work in California in December. Not in London.

by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2018 3:31 PM

R30, Meghar has lovely penmanship.

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2018 3:32 PM

I wonder if her hair looks as it does because she hasn't been able to relax it because of BebeSoho. It looks like she has a lot of product in it, thus it looks a little dirty and stiff.

I'll give her this one, she doing the right thing. Hair treatments are very limited by pregnancy. At least she's thinking of BebeSoho.

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2018 3:34 PM

R29, she doesn’t want it to strain the seams any further.

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2018 3:34 PM

She looks depressed.

Unwashed hair, disheveled clothing, nothing matches (as if she grabbed the first few items off the laundry pile.)

And the hooker heels while pregnant— impractical and trashy.

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2018 3:34 PM

R42, that’s a good answer. Personally, I think her face is pretty enough to wear it back/up, and FINALLY, no dangling tendrils!

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2018 3:35 PM

R44, there’s something alarming about seeing a pregnant woman tottering around on stiletto heels.

by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2018 3:36 PM

R44 Come on. Her clothing isn't disheveled. It doesn't fit well and isn't appropriate for the weather or the event but that's not disheveled. Also those are far from hooker heels.

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2018 3:37 PM

I like the dress very much. With the hairdo, it looks very Regency. But suited for a summer garden party, not visiting a senior centre in the depths of the English winter. The bare legs with the winter coat look really off.

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2018 3:38 PM

Looks like she has those Aquazurra slut/hooker bow shoes in every colour. Mulroney must have a job lot!

by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2018 3:42 PM

Pregnant and wearing high heels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 18, 2018 3:55 PM

Zara does it too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 18, 2018 3:57 PM

Kate's pregnancy looks also include stilletos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 18, 2018 3:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 18, 2018 4:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 18, 2018 4:12 PM

The supposed Christmas invite and Doria's refusal is pr bullshit trying to save face.

Much like, "Windsor is a very special place for Their Royal Highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate.”

by Anonymousreply 55December 18, 2018 4:15 PM

Every time I open a page on the DM, I get the cookie permission pop-up. This happens on both Firefox and Opera. I have all kinds of pop-up blockers and have whitelisted the DM. This is all recent.

Advice please.

by Anonymousreply 56December 18, 2018 4:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 18, 2018 4:19 PM

Though mocked as having a penchant for inbreeding; I'll be damned if it doesn't get them living high and well to the century mark. We should all be so lucky!

by Anonymousreply 58December 18, 2018 4:26 PM

Meghan’s dress is tight and creased because her ass and saddlebags are so big. They’re pulling the fabric and causing it to crease and wrinkle.

The belly is the least of her worries.

There’s no way she’s carrying s single baby and she’s only 5 months. It’s twins or she’s further along.

Also, babies of small women tend to also be small. It’s not as common as you’d think for a tiny woman to have a large (8 lb plus) baby.

by Anonymousreply 59December 18, 2018 4:43 PM

I'm in Florida and would not wear that spring dress with exposed back with our temperatures let alone London temps.

About her "standing out", she made that obvious in several group photo ops when Dimwit had to pull her in to the shot when she preferred to stand with a gap between her and the group for more attention (i.e. some performance they attended where she wore a short tuxedo dress, he had to pull her in) and of course the christening photos where she had to wear a different color scheme than everyone else so she could pop in the pictures and not blend in.

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2018 4:51 PM

I still can’t get over that olive colored pimp suit in the christening photos. At fist I felt bad for her because whi would want to stick out like a sore thumb that way?

But then someone pointed out she would have been given the color scheme ahead of time.

What a freak!

by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2018 4:56 PM

She wore the olive dress in summer because that is when the fall lines come out. She wanted to be first to wear it and obviously it was part of her merchandising deal to wear it quickly so it would sell. Same here. This is a spring dress, the spring lines are coming out now. I wonder what she gets for doing this? Clothes at a massive discount, money under the table?

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2018 5:08 PM

Doesnt she ever get tired of looking out of place? It would be worth spending a few bucks to buy some favorite go-to outfits like Kate has.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2018 5:26 PM

[quote]She wore the olive dress in summer because that is when the fall lines come out.

Finally I understand her weird clothing choices! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2018 5:48 PM

What are the optics on this? Chickydoodle in summer cocktail dress with tragic hair can't be bothered to talk to her old father, but waxes ecstatic over old woman she doesnt know, in hair salon, in the dead of winter. Doesnt add up.

by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2018 5:48 PM

The most insightful thing about all the hype surrounding Meghan is that for all we’ve come, it’s really not that far. “Year of Meghan” and Meghan mania, etc. etc. all comes down to recognition and praise over landing a man.

All the supposed progress. It’s not like she had a Grace Kelly career to this point, or that she’d even managed to convince the world of extensive good works Angelina style. She was nearly unknown but now, based solely on who she married, she matters.

For all the Hillary Clinton/Kamala Harris/Sheryl Sandbergs of the world; it’s still more about Cinderella.

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2018 6:18 PM

So like Kate and Diana and Camilla and Fergie and Sophie and Phillip.....and all the royal spouses.

by Anonymousreply 67December 18, 2018 6:25 PM

Re: heels during pregnancy. Women don’t want to be complete frumps during that weird time. Some don’t want to change anything they’d normally do, because no baby’s gonna wreck my life! It’s a major intrusion. And spoiler for those who don’t know: if you’re doing it right, it’s gonna wreck your life.

by Anonymousreply 68December 18, 2018 6:26 PM

And to address the comment about black women being labeled “difficult”. It certainly does happen, but you don’t have the market cornered.

by Anonymousreply 69December 18, 2018 6:29 PM

Old Lady: How are you? MEghan: Very good. I'm feeling very pregnant today. (Grabs her belly). Old Lady: Yes, know all about that. We read the papers.

Cue the awkward silence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 18, 2018 6:41 PM

Will try the video one more time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 18, 2018 6:44 PM

That pic in r70. She's got her tits pushed up to go to a senior center?

LOVE the side eye given by the aide.

by Anonymousreply 72December 18, 2018 6:45 PM

Thank you R62. Wearing summer clothes in winter when Buyers are shopping for May, June etc. makes perfect merchandising sense.

by Anonymousreply 73December 18, 2018 6:45 PM

Sorry, I can't seem to get it to post. It's currently on the InStyle facebook page titled:

Meghan Markle Says She's Feeling Very Pregnant Today

by Anonymousreply 74December 18, 2018 6:46 PM

What I don't understand is how the 'grey men' working for the BRF, or even Harry himself, haven't instructed MM that you simply don't talk about yourself when you go on these walkabouts or do these charity events. You don't go on about how you feel, you listen and ask the other non-royals there how THEY are doing, what they are doing, etc. It's not about you. Basic Royal Walkabout 101.

I just think there's been some instruct, but not much reiteration of it. A lot of this should come from Harry, being as he's her husband and born into this milieu. I know some will crow it's MM's problem, that she doesn't listen. I just think she's not getting proper direction sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2018 7:22 PM

Two months between these two photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2018 7:25 PM

Sweet photo of the Queen as a young girl with her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2018 7:27 PM

One of my favorite photos of the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 18, 2018 7:28 PM

Baby bump hugging even while talking to seniors home kitchen staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2018 7:29 PM

There has to be some kind of instruction for royal newbies. Kate defo had it - you can tell she was told how to deal with people on the walkabouts and charity events. She also had help from William.

Meggers probably got instructed, too - but being the ever narcistic Mega, she just DOES. NOT. CARE.

And her dear hubby doesn't care either because, let's face it, he's just like his dear wifey. Simple as that. '

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2018 7:32 PM

Look, Look, Look... EVERYONE!!! LOOK!

I'm pregnant! Did you know I'm pregnant? I'm really pregnant.

I'm feeling really pregnant today.

Sheesh. Hilarious.

I'll bet the old folks (1) had a betting pool about her bump touching as to count.

And, (2) I'll bet those actors probably checked out a couple of her performances and know the level of her talent.

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2018 7:35 PM

r70 Nothing like old people for taking no prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 82December 18, 2018 7:37 PM

Does anyone think the scheduling of this particular event - a nursing home tour - for MM is deliberate on the part of the BRF? Kind of one of the more unglamorous or popular trips from the list available. Is someone sending a message here.

by Anonymousreply 83December 18, 2018 7:50 PM

A man touching the Queen's feet. He looks like he's putting on a stocking. The bloody nerve! LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 18, 2018 7:51 PM

Meghan's instagram suddenly appeared again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 18, 2018 7:52 PM

That's one very posh senior's home she visited today so why does she look so cheap in that summer dress? Totally inappropriate for the occasion. Another event, another miss. They're adding up quickly.

I have a feeling that she's going to be given obvious patronages (eg. theatre).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 18, 2018 7:56 PM

Yeah, and that link mysteriously appeared on my post again too.

by Anonymousreply 87December 18, 2018 7:57 PM

Every outing is another opportunity to work the brand, and that's really the main thing. Plus how long can it take -- a couple hours being driven back and forth, delivering a few bored lines, eh. Minuscule job requirements from the barely qualified.

by Anonymousreply 88December 18, 2018 8:12 PM

R70 Currently speaking to one's government. One's subject, as seen above with one's merching granddaughter-in-law, will most assuredly be granted a OBE for services to bitch slappin'.

by Anonymousreply 89December 18, 2018 9:08 PM

R72 Some women who've never had tits and suddenly get them during pregnancy are obsessed with showing them off. A friend was a B cup, went to a D in pregnancy and wore low cut tops up until she dropped the sprog. Six months later she booked herself in for implants.

by Anonymousreply 90December 18, 2018 9:15 PM

^ So getting a fat belly is the true reason for cradling her stomach all the time?

by Anonymousreply 91December 18, 2018 9:17 PM

The Mulroney woman has twins, Amal has twins - I say Meg has twins.

I, too, appreciated the insight about "merching" for the season to come. While I don't like to pile on the Duchess, if this is really what she's doing - tsk, tsk.

Her hair: eventually I'd love to see a more natural style on her. What about a sort of 1930s bob, with soft, slightly "Marceled" waves? Would be flattering and a nice contrast to Kate.

by Anonymousreply 92December 18, 2018 9:20 PM

Kate would not have referenced her bodily functions at a nursing home, FFS.

One day I was chatting with an older British gentleman and mentioned flossing my teeth. He recoiled and then recovered himself. But I felt like the most vulgar rube for even mentioning it.

Maybe he felt it was a rebuke...

by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2018 9:22 PM

Exactly, R75. It's not easy, as we all love to talk about ourselves, at least I do. BUT! It's a muscle, directing attention to others, and you can work it, unless you're temperamentally unable. It really is what that job is about. It must be hard for Meghan, who surely thinks she's being "relatable" in that California way.

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2018 9:25 PM

R92, that style would look great on The Duchess. She’ll never do it because her ilk (and I’m NOT talking about WOC, okay?) have a very narrow definition of “sexy”. Anything above the shoulder isn’t “sexy”. Shorter hair is “butch” and “mom hair”.

That’s how we wind up with 55-year old women with sausage curls down their backs. Because “men love long hair”.

And to be fair, some do.

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2018 9:29 PM

I've had similar interactions with Brits, R93. Many really are as reserved as advertised. Years ago, when there was a big terrorist attack in London, I anxiously emailed my friend who I knew worked in that neighborhood, expressing my urgent concern. His reply: "we're well, thanks". Pretty sure he didn't even bother with caps or punctuation.

by Anonymousreply 96December 18, 2018 9:29 PM

How did she get into that dress? It looks like it is sprayed on. Then when she is sitting there are weird folds, like she's weird industrial spanx in places.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2018 9:39 PM

^ I'm picturing her hanging on to the bedpost like Scarlett O.

by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2018 9:47 PM

In addition, the seams of that sausage-skin dress are not pattern- matched. Looks cheap.

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2018 9:52 PM

For those of you who think Meghan is merchant— have you ever heard of Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth’s grandmother? Now THAT woman was a mercher.

by Anonymousreply 100December 18, 2018 10:00 PM

R99 Ugh. It's an example of an over priced cheap dress.

And, who the fuck buys spring clothes NOW except uber fashion victims? Smart fashionistas are snatching up all the great bargains to be had (final clearance on S/S 18 stuff and great deals to start getting rid of F/W stuff) and not paying full price for S/S 19 stuff you can't wear for 5 months (unless you're going on holiday).

I will say this....I do like her grey coat. Nice cut and chic looking.

by Anonymousreply 101December 18, 2018 10:00 PM

$1500 dress, polyester and they couldn't even pattern match? Wow. I could get something nicer in primark.

This video from tumblr shows how deliberate she is with that bump, touching it the minute she hears the cameras clicking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 18, 2018 10:30 PM

R101– I agree with the poster above Who said she’s merching And that’s the reason she wears so much off-season clothes. This is definitely a fashion choice for next summer that she was loaned to Merch

by Anonymousreply 103December 18, 2018 10:53 PM

I wonder if she is presenting this merching situation to Charles as "Look how much money I'm saving you, I'm actually your thrifty, conscientious daughter in law".

The merching has to have been brought to Chuck's attention by someone in his close employ , doesn't he have people who work for him whose job it is to keep him "informed"?

by Anonymousreply 104December 18, 2018 11:02 PM

Maybe Charles is giving her enough rope. Maybe he doesn’t care. Maybe he cares that it makes him look like a cheapskate.

R99, she makes everything look cheap.

by Anonymousreply 105December 18, 2018 11:12 PM

The vid of Amma Meg singing Christmas carols with the pensioners...

by Anonymousreply 106December 18, 2018 11:12 PM

Has Sarah Ferguson commented on social media re Beatrice’s new boyfriend? Fertile is not normally one to stay silent. Wonder where Bea will be spending Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 107December 18, 2018 11:13 PM

Whoops ^ Fergie! I hope she is not still fertile!

by Anonymousreply 108December 18, 2018 11:26 PM

No, she wasn’t r100. A kleptomaniac yes but nothing so low class as merching.

by Anonymousreply 109December 18, 2018 11:46 PM

R109 She used to send trucks to her hosts house so they could load up gifts if she forgot to ask or the hosts hid things from plain sight. How is that not low class?

by Anonymousreply 110December 18, 2018 11:58 PM

I simply detest whoever does her hair...

by Anonymousreply 111December 19, 2018 12:03 AM

I'm the poster who's thinking about Marceled waves for our Meg. Occurs to me she'd look great with kind of the Andie McDowell in Four Weddings in a Funeral hair, which is kind of a modern take on that 1930s 'do. And all very American-bewitches-the-Englishman, what what?

by Anonymousreply 112December 19, 2018 2:41 AM

The fellow who has been posting some of the Instagram posts has a real treasure trove of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 19, 2018 3:10 AM

I want to know how she's got cleavage busting out the top of that dress while there is boob straining at the fabric about 6-7 inches lower. You can't be two places at once, certainly not her boobs.

That said, no problems with the dress. Would even look nice on Kate - in June, 2019. Not in freaking December. What is with her with funereal colors, fabrics and looks in spring and summer and she busts this number out now? I know what it is - she is merching, and this is resort wear, so there you go. But apart from the fact that it is too tight, it is "decently" too tight, in that it looks like something that would fit her if she weren't bursting at the seams. The seams are where they are supposed to be, and the dress isn't horribly distorted because it's whatever the earliest, not final iteration of a dress is called and doesn't fit her no matter what she weights.

by Anonymousreply 114December 19, 2018 3:11 AM

R112 she did a fashion or ad shoot with a sort of period look - kind of a 1990s black nightclub singer look - a cross between sort of marcelled and natural. It looked great. However, I imagine that in between state, however glamorous, might be hard to maintain. Weaves or beating your tresses to death with a flat iron, keratin and a brazillian blowout may be basic, and not healthy long term, but it's easier to maintain and touch up, I think. More efficient. I, personally, also think she would look better natural but we don't know the state and health of her real hair at this point.

by Anonymousreply 115December 19, 2018 3:14 AM

R104 what I think is this romance was precipitous, the engagement, marriage and pregnancy even more so, AND it's Harry, so it's coming to no good end. Therefore, the usual formalities about merching, allowances, etc. are loosened, because it's fucking Harry. Harry, who instead of growing up, just decided to rush to a conclusion. However horrible his spouse may be, certainly his family cannot be so deluded as to think she's really the root cause. He's the root cause. No him, there would be no her. If Meghan surprised everyone by being a miraculously and relatively (considering Harry) normal new family member (and if she were, I can see the fam going "is she DIM?") and was determined to play nice, I could see Charles underwriting a nice but not spectacular wardrobe, and Queenie loaning out a few modest jewels. As she's a fucking self-aggrandizing runaway train, they are leaving her to her own devices. She's not royal, per se. She is Hazza's spouse. That's an entirely different thing.

by Anonymousreply 116December 19, 2018 3:41 AM

I thought this photo of HM was so uncharacteristic to be a sort of one-off. It seems almost oppositional and or confrontratiional. I still think it's a terrific portrait of her. I think shows her in a very strong place, unafraid of what she will need to face. She IS Elizabeth Britannia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 19, 2018 4:02 AM

Why yes, I CAN tell she did calligraphy R30! Did you know this was how she paid the bills between acting jobs (stretches that made the Sahara look like an oasis). Who knew it paid so well?

by Anonymousreply 118December 19, 2018 4:07 AM

[quote]Does anyone think the scheduling of this particular event - a nursing home tour - for MM is deliberate on the part of the BRF?

Yes, but it's not what you're implying. it was considered appropriate for Meagain because it's a home for retired actors.

by Anonymousreply 119December 19, 2018 4:38 AM

I think it would be awesome if MM really embraced her African heritage and wore an Angela Davis-style Afro, or perhaps a turban thing like Erika Badu or even Rastafarian dreadlocks. Then the world would surely sit up and take notice..

by Anonymousreply 120December 19, 2018 6:44 AM

Musn’t she put that maternity coat on she whore with Eugenies Wedding .And then there’s the royal bump . How long is she so-called pregnant , If you look at that bump its due any second . Odd that her legs and ankles are still so small .

by Anonymousreply 121December 19, 2018 7:55 AM

Please let Phil die on his sword so there is something else to talk about on here.

by Anonymousreply 122December 19, 2018 7:58 AM

Oops must be ankles are still so thin

by Anonymousreply 123December 19, 2018 8:03 AM

R100 R110 I'm guessing you're confused by what they mean by merching because it definitely doesn't apply to Queen Mary. People call Meghan a mercher because It seems like she is getting loaned free clothes inorder to promote items or maybe even sometimes paid to promote them which is what instagram 'influencers' do. Queen Mary didn't take things in order to promote them she took them because she liked them. She wasn't a mercher she just had no shame when it came to building her collection.

by Anonymousreply 124December 19, 2018 8:09 AM

The dress and the coat aren’t that bad, except that they don’t go together and dress doesn’t fit, but she doesn’t look like a Royal performing her duty, she looks like a stay at home mum who threw a coat over her nightgown to go get something from a corner shop. But maybe it’s the look she was going for.

by Anonymousreply 125December 19, 2018 8:50 AM

Neither Meghan nor Kate could ever pull off a bob or pixie.

You have to have a beautiful, feminine and symmetrical face for that like Marilyn Monroe, Halle Berry, Charlize Theron...

Most women look best with medium length to long hair, no mid parting or bone straight hair past 25 for white women and 40+ for non white women. It is ageing and not flattering.

I would suggest Meghan do a slight side parting, just slightly off center and waves or big curls. This will soften her face and look much better. She should keep the length of her hair.

by Anonymousreply 126December 19, 2018 9:37 AM

Cherie Blair trying to put Princess Anne at her ease on their first meeting at Balmoral "you can call me Cherie" - Princess Anne - "I'd rather not"

by Anonymousreply 127December 19, 2018 9:40 AM

MeGain is like a car crash, I am unable to look away. For reasons she seems to be sticking her stomach out to make her bump look larger, then forgetting or getting tired of doing that. I can't imagine it is very comfortable for the baby when she does that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 19, 2018 11:23 AM

^ that picture says a lot. And where did her boobs go when she's not hip thrusting? What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 129December 19, 2018 11:41 AM

The dress looks like a summer sun dress and it's wrinkled. I've seen tons of photos of the Royals and "wrinkled" is not part of their wardrobe. She needs help. I don't think Meghan is getting the kind of advice she needs to present well. If she is too stubborn to listen to sound advice then all she has to do is look at the photos to know she is fucking up.

by Anonymousreply 130December 19, 2018 11:42 AM

If she's a narcissist she thinks she's pulling it off no matter what she sees, R130.

She really makes you understand the extent to which an actress or actor, off set, is a manufactured product. Back when she was the Suits actress I thought she looked great in look and style. Obviously someone was choosing for her. Couldn't have been Mulroney, whose own taste is so deplorable and flash.

by Anonymousreply 131December 19, 2018 11:52 AM

Given her disastrous appearance in the past few months (save a few glimpses like the dark red coat), it's pretty obvious she doesn't listen to any advice.

Duke Dimwit probably supports her in her pompous and condescending attitude with his What Meghan Wants Meghan Gets stance.

Well, what she ends up getting from this attitude is nothing but pure derision.

by Anonymousreply 132December 19, 2018 11:53 AM

MM's clothing choices really are incomprehensible. Of course, she was dressed by wardrobe on "Suits" - she didn't get to "pick" the look for Rachel Zane. This dress doesn't even look comfortable. She looks six and a half months along not five and a half (which is where she'd be if a 12 week scan occurred in mid-October), she's carrying "high" as they say (which in traditional mythology suggests it's a boy), so she's already got significant pressure up against her breasts and rib cage, she's blowing up like a balloon and probably already suffering from heartburn, and she's wearing a dress so tight it looks like she's been stuffed into it, with ruching, that pulls in wrinkles over bosom, arse, and hips, and looks like she's off to the boardwalk for a summer stroll at the Jersey Shore.

The coat and shoes are quite lovely in and of themselves, and if they'd gone with a winter white wool crepe dress nicely draped over the bump with long sleeves, she'd have looked classy, pulled together, elegant, and comfortable. Instead, she looks like she's auditioning for the part of Julie in "Carousel".

by Anonymousreply 133December 19, 2018 12:55 PM

Meanwhile, back at Buck House, today is HM's Christmas lunch, and all the royals are driving in, everyone smiling happily. Kate, true to form, is wearing what looks like a lovely pink outfit, whilst Meghan, true to form, is wearing . . . black. Bea looks like she'd rather be at the dentist. Anne is wearing dark sunglasses, probably also to hide that she'd rather be at the dentist, as well. And the DM's sub-headline for the photo section quite hilariously is entitled, "One's Christmas Party".

Perhaps "One" would rather be at the dentist, too.

by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote]no mid parting or bone straight hair past 25 for white women

Could you please deliver this message to Sandra Bullock, Demi Moore, Jennifer Connelly, etc.

by Anonymousreply 135December 19, 2018 1:05 PM

Add Sofia Vergara to that list

by Anonymousreply 136December 19, 2018 1:13 PM

Megs isn't being Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. Megs is acting the role of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. She didn't prepare for this role, but rather, using her limited experience and intelligence, is ad-libbing the role, making it up as she goes along. And since there's no director, no person in authority, to provide guidance, some idea of how they want the role played, Megs goes on her merry way, believing that, since no one is saying, "No, no, not like that. I'd prefer that you play it this way", she's a star doing a spot-on job. And as everyone knows, what the other actors may thing of her performance is irrelevant to the star.

by Anonymousreply 137December 19, 2018 1:31 PM

^^^ think, not thing^^^

by Anonymousreply 138December 19, 2018 1:32 PM

I'm looking at the DM coverage of One's Christmas party, critiquing everyone's appearance in the photos Kate: Smiling, glossy tresses, darling in a pink pussy bow dress. Isn't pink the color to wear for public approval? I remember Diana supposedly wearing pink when she wanted sympathy.

Meghan: Sigh, black. At least the ruffled collar looks pretty. Her hair is long and sleek, which makes me wonder - with challenging hair such as hers seems to be, maybe you have to plan carefully for good days, in other words, she threw it in a careless bun yesterday so she could go all out for the party? I see some strands are caught in her diamond earrings, which she has trained us now to wonder if it's purposeful because she's merching?

Old Philip: not bad for 97

Bea: A certain glow

Sophie: Heavy black glasses, why?? She has lovely bone structure, though.

Charles: At first I thought he was Philip. He's really getting up there. No Camilla, hmmm. Why is she bailing on these family events?

Anne, Tim, Andrew: Meh

PETER PHILLIPS: There is THE most gorgeous photo of him driving in. Stunning man. And sassy Savannah in the back seat looking like a 1960s English pop star. She's one to watch! I think she got her spark from her mother, Autumn, who looks mischievous.

ZARA: Likewise, an absolutely GORGEOUS photo of her, glowing. Her husband's nose job looks good, why'd he wait so long?

Princess Michael: resplendent in red, no brooch.

No Euge and Jack yet......

by Anonymousreply 139December 19, 2018 1:41 PM

R135, I have never understood the bone-straight hair. In what world is this a good look? Why do women no longer embrace the luscious, full waves and curls of yore?

by Anonymousreply 140December 19, 2018 1:45 PM

Prince George has the Diana "gaze"

by Anonymousreply 141December 19, 2018 1:48 PM

Kate is pretty in pink for the Queen's Christmas lunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 19, 2018 2:00 PM

They look happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Of course Nutmeg is in funereal black again for such a festive occasion. Click the link for more pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 19, 2018 2:02 PM

Wait, she wore this recylcled Erdem dress. Pretty cheap looking for the money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 19, 2018 2:03 PM

^ recycled

by Anonymousreply 146December 19, 2018 2:04 PM

Photos of various members of the Royal Family arriving for the Queen's Christmas lunch. Anne looks like she's from another planet with those shades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 19, 2018 2:05 PM

Harry looks pissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 19, 2018 2:08 PM

Dead Eye George, Charlotte and nanny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 19, 2018 2:09 PM

Emily Blunt was on Colbert last night and he played a questions games with her, one question was "Kate or Meghan", she didn't want to answer and then audience was lightly chanting "Meghan" and she agreed with the audience. Ugh, why Emily, why.

Agree with r137, MerchingMegs is doing some kind of free form Improv without a director (by choice) but instead of the traditional improv model of "Yes and ..." she is doing "No and..."

Any chance DuchessBean could drop out of site any time soon for the rest of her pregnancy? Even normally attention thirsty Amal dropped out of site after very few mid pregnancy photos (no face weight gain and not a large bump for twins...) and then reappeared very shortly after birth and in her normal shape.

by Anonymousreply 150December 19, 2018 2:12 PM

Amal used a surrogate. I think she tried the fake baby bump for a bit and maybe felt guilty. I don’t know why Meghan would hide for the rest of her pregnancy. It’s something that people did years ago, but not today. Kate made appearances up until the last month, I think.

by Anonymousreply 151December 19, 2018 2:24 PM

Amid all the tabloid drama, I like to imagine how the interactions go down, reality. Here's my party scene.

Kate: (Breezily) Oh, hullo, hullo! Meg: Hiiiii, Merry Christmas, you look aMAAAZing! Kate: And you as well. I reckon we're meant to be tearing each others' hair now just now, is that right? ha ha ha. Meg: Oh, I know. It's sooooo ridiculous. Kate: Right, well, Merry Christmas then. (smiles and turns away).

by Anonymousreply 152December 19, 2018 2:31 PM

R149, George looks like he's mentally preparing his Abdication Speech.

by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2018 2:31 PM

R152 here, meant to add that before moving to the other side of the room, Kate would ask: How are you? Feeling well then? Meg: Yes, but I feel HUGE, like SO pregnant, you know how it is, ha ha. Kate: Yes, it is difficult at times but wonderful, isn't it. Right then, Merry Christmas. *air kiss*, skedaddles

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2018 2:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 19, 2018 2:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 19, 2018 2:35 PM

R150 it pisses me off as well but meghan is appealing to Hollywood and movie stars as opposed to working with the brf. Dumb fucks like chrissy teigan who say they will defend her no matter what have no concept of how the Royal institution works. Hollywood just sees it as meghan sticking it to racists and because she an actress and trained to be phoney and give speeches they will think she's better. And because she's in the media constantly that's exciting for people in hollywood than Kate. Plus she hangs out with Clooney and amal not kate.

Its what meghan loves as well. As long as she's being talked about whether good or bad she loves it. She's probably whispering to Harry look they are doing to me what they did to your mum. Once again linking herself to Diana and she's loving it.

by Anonymousreply 157December 19, 2018 2:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 19, 2018 2:41 PM

Very few actresses have any sense of style. That's why they hire stylists or hook up with a fashion house. IMO the most successful have been Charlize Theron, Cate Blanchett, and Marion Cotillard

by Anonymousreply 159December 19, 2018 2:44 PM

Congrats to Nutmeg! Her "feud" with the future Queen has made the cover of People mag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 19, 2018 3:11 PM

The Black Cape Crusader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 19, 2018 3:12 PM

A lovely photo of a young Elizabeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162December 19, 2018 3:13 PM

Yes because this person respects boundaries too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 19, 2018 3:18 PM

If that dress Merching Megs is from 2015 how is she fitting into it? The pics from the old actors home were horrific, that dress was appalling so how the fuck is she pushing the ever-fluctuating bump and back fat into an old dress?

by Anonymousreply 164December 19, 2018 3:19 PM

The Duchess of Drab wearing black, too much bronzer and nude lipstick ...

FFS, you're about to attend her Majesty's Christmas dinner, not some Soho hooker meeting.

by Anonymousreply 165December 19, 2018 3:30 PM

George looks scared.

If I were about to meet Auntie Meggie who made my mother cry, I'd be looking scared too.

by Anonymousreply 166December 19, 2018 3:32 PM

In the beginning, Diana was frumpy and fusty because she was 19 years old and didn't know any better. But she had the brains to listen to others, to engage style advisers (from Vogue?) to do a complete overhaul. And by doing so, she became one of those fashionable women in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 19, 2018 3:36 PM

R167 was your photo meant to be a before or an after of Diana? Because she looks like she borrowed this idea from a garish Christmas Tree ornament.

by Anonymousreply 168December 19, 2018 3:43 PM

As my late mum would say, R168's taste is in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 169December 19, 2018 3:45 PM

It's such a shame that Diana lived in the 80s. That short Dorothy Hamill haircut is such a distraction, I can never see past it. My mother had the same hair, by the way. It's too bad we never got to see Diana in a hairstyle other than the many short and feathered styles she had over the years.

by Anonymousreply 170December 19, 2018 3:47 PM

I like the red silk chiffon dress -- the fabric is very graceful and floaty for a young Di. She looks very composed, unlike botoxed middle-aged she who shall not be named reeking of Kim Kardashian style.

by Anonymousreply 171December 19, 2018 3:52 PM

Here my dear, and do notice her outfits too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 19, 2018 3:53 PM

And her outfits. Sweet Mother Mary! These choices do not indicate a fashion icon in the making. I am sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 19, 2018 3:55 PM

That picture of Diana in the red is photoshopped.

by Anonymousreply 174December 19, 2018 3:55 PM

Thanks for posting that R172. Just proves to me that she had terrible hair the entire duration! Though it did start looking more flattering in the latter years. I might just be still scarred from my mother's Dorothy Hamill and making me use Short n' Sassy shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 175December 19, 2018 3:56 PM

I love the Queen

She drove an ambulance during the war!

She risked her life!

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

by Anonymousreply 176December 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Lady in Red

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 19, 2018 4:03 PM

r165 You made me laugh with Soho Hooker meeting. I'm going to use that in future.

by Anonymousreply 178December 19, 2018 4:08 PM

I love how we can not see anyone's outfit, yet right there in the Daily Mail we have a link on were to buy Meghan's dress. Am I wrong on the assumption that if one if using your likeness for profit you have to sign off on it or risk being sued? If that is the case she, is working with the Daily Mail and advertising? If this is true Kate is doing it as well, as links show up on her articles as well. Or does she get a pass because its "British fashion"

by Anonymousreply 179December 19, 2018 5:04 PM

I liked Diana’s ‘80s clothes, the chokers and little velvet hats.

by Anonymousreply 180December 19, 2018 5:08 PM

Today's article from Elle:

[quote] While Meghan Markle arrived with Prince Harry to the Buckingham Palace lunch dressed in a chic, but formal black classic coat and navy dress, Kate Middleton opted for something altogether more exciting and fashion forward.

Kate's is a recycled number worn previously to a BRF function. I found the turn of phrase interesting and an oblique reference to MEghan's insufficient fashion skills. I would love to see Kate follow Letizia's example and explore a wider range of styles with affordable wear (is there a British brand comparable to Zara?). Just because you can wear the highest end of apparel doesn't mean you always should. Therein lies the vulgarity of someone like Kim Kardashian. It will be interesting to see if becomes on trend for royals to demonstrate overt restraint in their fashion appearances, saving the cheque book digits for white tie events and special occasions. A message of modesty and dignity to contrast with trashy and vulgar spendthrifts a la duchess of coin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 19, 2018 5:37 PM

"It will be interesting to see if becomes on trend for royals to demonstrate overt restraint in their fashion appearances, saving the cheque book digits for white tie events and special occasions. A message of modesty and dignity to contrast with trashy and vulgar spendthrifts a la duchess of coin."

R181, that would be a wonderful trend.

Kate looks absolutely beautiful today. Meghan looks fine, her dress is okay.

Autumn Phillips (about whom I'm curious) is very feline.

by Anonymousreply 182December 19, 2018 5:50 PM

Dear instagrammer at R163, according to your bio, this is what you named your children: Chanelle Nevaeh & Kairo

Please don't talk about abusive parenting.

by Anonymousreply 183December 19, 2018 5:50 PM

R179 you're mistaken. It's true that you typically need permission to use someone's likeness in an advertisement. You don't need permission to tell a media outlet that someone is wearing your dress. Designers send info about the clothing they send to royals or movie stars. Designers do this before the clothing is worn. That way the press has the info handy as soon as the woman appears in public. Designers do this when they get paid for the garments or when they lend them out.

by Anonymousreply 184December 19, 2018 6:26 PM

It would seem MEghan was the only one who got the memo today's lunch was a fancy dress party and she was going as Elphaba?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 19, 2018 6:40 PM

The daily fail is funny...lots of pics of meghan and harry smiling in the car on the way in and on the way out yet the fail always avoids showing those photos, especially if harry looks happy.

The meghan haters must be pissed. They get lulled into a false narrative and then they see the rest of the pics on other sites and get angry when reality hits.

by Anonymousreply 186December 19, 2018 6:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Meggers thinking it's all about her in R187's pic.

by Anonymousreply 188December 19, 2018 6:59 PM

You have quite the vivid imagination r186.

by Anonymousreply 189December 19, 2018 7:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 19, 2018 7:40 PM

R190 that is the worst fabric to wear if you're going to be photographed after sitting. It wrinkles easily and combo of flash bulbs plus the sheen on the fabric really highlights the wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 191December 19, 2018 7:54 PM

Yes, the dress looks terrible under a flash. It's probably nicer in natural light. However, I do think Stella McCartney is...lucky. Very, very lucky.

This thread reminds me of my visit to London a few years back. I went to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace for the first time, and as soon as it was over and the crowd was dispersing, in rolls a car containing who else but- the Queen! I must admit I got so excited I began shrieking "The Queen! The QUEEENN!"

by Anonymousreply 192December 19, 2018 7:58 PM

Hah!!!! Wrinkles!!!! The Duchess of Wrinkles!!!!!!!!! Nyah, nyah!

by Anonymousreply 193December 19, 2018 8:00 PM

The fabric looks so different from then and now. Today the material looks like a silk crepe de chine; then it was an unfortunate, satin?

Correction R193 and your OTT glee. Kate was most emphatically not a duchess when that photo was taken--in 2009. Just Kate, Ms. Middleton to you.

by Anonymousreply 194December 19, 2018 8:04 PM

It must be incredible to pull up to Buck House with your prince in your posh car to party with the Queen of England, cameras clicking and crowds (presumably) cheering. Most of the BRF are used to now, but think how it must feel for a previously little-known, ambitious LA actress. Not even putting her down or sugaring, whatever that means - I'm just imagining the thrill for her. Personally, were I her, I'd be euphoric!

And yes, the fabric in today's Kate photo does look a little different.

by Anonymousreply 195December 19, 2018 8:07 PM

Hah Duchess of Wrinkles!!! Duchess of Wrinkles!!! Duchess of Wrinkles!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 196December 19, 2018 8:08 PM

I'm sure she weeps from her luxury accommodations in Kensington Palace--or perhaps the country pile in Norfolk?--upon your slight.

by Anonymousreply 197December 19, 2018 8:11 PM

So is Meghan coming to the US next year? If she does any walkabouts here in LA, I might just go out and try to get me a looksee.

by Anonymousreply 198December 19, 2018 8:13 PM

R198, are you anything but white?

Because if so, dear Meggie will leave the walkabout prematurely due to 'security reasons' like she did in Tonga on the oh so successful Oz tour.

by Anonymousreply 199December 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Of course they would do a tour in the US. Perfect to join the hollywood crowd.. Its so fucking transparent.

by Anonymousreply 200December 19, 2018 8:21 PM

Is Bean scheduled to visit L.A. during her trip next year? If so, I suspect Pa Markle will be in the crowd holding up a sign that says "Remember me?", the sign will be a piece of cardboard with jagged edges where it was torn from the box he found in local supermarket dumpster, written in black marker and lots of sad faces with tears drawn on it. Or versions of the sign could read "Will work for glimpse of baby" or "Remember me, your ATM from the years ____ to____?".

by Anonymousreply 201December 19, 2018 8:27 PM

When Kate and William hanging with the Hollywood crowd.

Royals meeting movie stars isn't unusual. Princess Margaret did it. Diana danced with Travolta.

If Harry and Meghan visit Hollywood they would not breaking new ground either positively or negatively.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 19, 2018 8:34 PM

^^^ When Kate and William were hanging with the Hollywood crowd. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 203December 19, 2018 8:37 PM

Kate's dress in R202's pic - wow, just wow!

by Anonymousreply 204December 19, 2018 8:43 PM

I didn't see William or Kate in particular acting entitled and being me me me and acting like she's a Hollywood superstar. It was a duty and then over with. I can't see it being a duty event with meghan. There will be an agenda. Look I'm finally the star in Hollywood I always wanted to be etc.

by Anonymousreply 205December 19, 2018 8:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206December 19, 2018 8:56 PM

Christ, Anne looks like the Hunchback of Notre- Dame.

by Anonymousreply 207December 19, 2018 9:03 PM

She looks like Weekend at Bernies R206

by Anonymousreply 208December 19, 2018 9:03 PM

R205 so you're angry with her because she might enjoy being back in her hometown and around people from the industry she worked in and grew up in? Why do you assume Will and Kate don't like being around show people?

by Anonymousreply 209December 19, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote]However, I do think Stella McCartney is...lucky.

I've always said if she was just plain Stella Smith, she'd be lucky to dress a mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 210December 19, 2018 10:19 PM

She'd BE not been.

by Anonymousreply 211December 19, 2018 10:33 PM

Oops wrong thread ^

by Anonymousreply 212December 19, 2018 10:34 PM

Yes Stella McCartney is very lucky. She produces a lot of unflattering clothing. She has celebrity friends who go to her shows and wear her designs out of friendship.

by Anonymousreply 213December 19, 2018 10:46 PM

I don't like Kate's pink dress at all.It doesn't do her justice.

by Anonymousreply 214December 19, 2018 10:46 PM

New blind on blind gossip.

When you join a famous family through marriage, there is always a period of adjustment for both sides.

In this case, though, the joiner has made it difficult for everyone.

It has becoming increasingly clear to [members of his family] that her initial efforts to blend in were mere farce. They are trying to keep things civil and appear accommodating, but her disrespect for their traditions has been appalling, frustrating, and embarrassing. Her true intent appears to be to change her husband and to change his family.

She has her husband’s ear, but not a single ally among his family. They are not fooled by her.

That sounds uncomfortable for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 215December 19, 2018 11:13 PM

R66 -that’s not hard to explain, at the end of the day Kamala Harris, Hilary Clinton, and Sheryl Sandberg are generally unlikable as people, especially to other women.

by Anonymousreply 216December 19, 2018 11:15 PM

Help me here because there's this narrative about how she's modernizing and changing the royal family but ... how?

All I see is a sloppily, usually poorly dressed woman who married and seems to stare directly at the cameras. Oh, she got behind a charity cookbook by some fire victims. And she's bi-racial, which is different in these ranks, but not exactly an accomplishment. So I'm not sure where the revolution comes from.

by Anonymousreply 217December 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Agreed r217. Those claiming she’s revolutionising the RF are very misguided. For a start, it’s not in her power to change anything. Secondly, why would anyone think Megs has any right to change anything? In what way do they think she’s affecting any change? So much intangible word salad.

She CHOSE this. She’s not being held prisoner.

by Anonymousreply 218December 19, 2018 11:24 PM

But I just don't get this idea she's actually done anything. She's showed up, badly dressed, and that's about it. Me confused by this narrative.

by Anonymousreply 219December 19, 2018 11:28 PM

[quote] And yes, the fabric in today's Kate photo does look a little different.

It's the harsh lighting in the old pic. Today's photos probably suggest more closely how the dress really looks although you can't see much of it.

[quote]Kate's dress in [R202]'s pic - wow, just wow!

Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. It usually photographed that night as white but it was actually pale lavender. Truly stunning.

by Anonymousreply 220December 19, 2018 11:35 PM

I never noticed before but Diana had a kind of Dorothy Hamill thing going on when she first entered the royal family. Not just the haircut, which may have still been a thing from 1976, but the fresh and radiant thing. Never noticed until that pic of her in red.

by Anonymousreply 221December 20, 2018 12:14 AM

Lol, Ann in the photo at R206 looks more like Fran.

by Anonymousreply 222December 20, 2018 12:15 AM

R147: Anne looks like Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 223December 20, 2018 12:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 20, 2018 12:39 AM

R224 They pulled crackers and when the paper crown fell out of Meg’s HM said “you’ll take what you’re given” and they all fell about laughing. Anne is savoring the memory.

by Anonymousreply 225December 20, 2018 12:52 AM

Ok R225, that got a genuine LOL outta me!

And R215, that blind has a weird ring of truth to it. I'm beginning to believe this situation is more than just mere gossip by wretches like us. If so, she and Harry both need help.

by Anonymousreply 226December 20, 2018 1:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 20, 2018 2:19 AM

I've said it before.... Anne reminds me of Gary Oldman in Dracula. I should say, Gary Oldman AS Dracula.

by Anonymousreply 228December 20, 2018 2:20 AM

There's Anne and there's Gary.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229December 20, 2018 2:21 AM

If I were a newly minted member of the BRF, I would buy one of Princess Michael's books, like her excellent, 'The Serpent and the Moon', so that I could make her acquaintanceship, and tell her how much I admired her work. I've found, when joining a new group of people, it sometimes helps to make allies of some of the more 'difficult' members on the edges of that world. But one really needs a network of allies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 20, 2018 2:35 AM

Thanks for that link, R230. Princess Michael is fabulous. I'd love to spend an afternoon with her at KP, drinking tea and champagne and gossiping.

by Anonymousreply 231December 20, 2018 3:03 AM

Was the divine Princess Alexandra there?

by Anonymousreply 232December 20, 2018 3:21 AM

I agree R227 - Peter Phillips is by far the hottest of his generation. He played rugby for years, from what I remember he has some great quads, and bum.

The short trimmed beard/stubble is a good look for him, hadn’t seen it before.

An older pic of Peter looking quite good I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 20, 2018 3:28 AM

I don't know what's true and what's bullshit hype to sell papers, but if I were a new member of the BRF, I too would look for allies. And you do that by being a really good listener, you ask questions and you make sure you have staff who will give you good information and guidance. Above all you exercise patience and you smile a lot. Do small acts of kindness to demonstrate that you are thoughtful. Study and learn about the people you will be calling your new family. Once you have proven yourself as someone who respects the Family, and the traditions even if you don't agree with them, and once you have gained their trust, you can start gradually, slowly modify your traditions. Right now, Harry definitely seems on the defensive, and combative, and I think a lot of the slights he is ready to fight about are imaginary. I don't think Kate and Meghan are fighting. I think Meghan is not that stupid, to pick a fight with her sister in law, and Kate doesn't seem like the kind who fights. She definitely rather enjoy life. if you get in her face she isn't going to put up with any shit, but Kate will not go out of her way to be catty or rude. She would never be the aggressor. That's my take on her.

by Anonymousreply 234December 20, 2018 3:33 AM

R215 What's blind about this? Anyone who reads the Daily Mail could have written that. It's doesn't reveal anything or say anything that will be revealed later. It's just a restatement of the stories that are currently in the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 235December 20, 2018 3:34 AM

One of her aides who quit had been specifically assigned to her to help her fit in.

by Anonymousreply 236December 20, 2018 3:35 AM

Too bad neither of you guys are the new members of BRF. You’d totally show that loser Meghan how it is done!

by Anonymousreply 237December 20, 2018 3:37 AM

R231, Yes, I'm one of those strange people who will post that I admire Princess Michael. She's a very well-educated woman who writes terrific books. I've read several of them, so it would be easy to compliment her. I like the fact that she has her own accomplishments, other than just marrying well. She's clearly not very shy, but is a really excellent interview, if you have the time to look her up on Youtube. The BRF is full of eccentricities. It's odd that Princess Margaret's descendents turned out to be some of the most stable and reliable of the younger generation.

by Anonymousreply 238December 20, 2018 3:44 AM

The ever changing style transformation of Sarah, Duchess of York

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 20, 2018 3:44 AM

R235 I love blind items that are basically writeups of existing headlines. Have you heard about the divorcing couple with an army of children and custody issues? Who could it BE????

by Anonymousreply 240December 20, 2018 3:52 AM

LOL at Fergie's 80s purple polk-dot dress in R239.

I remember when she lost the weight and then suddenly went glam. She scored the cover on Redbook magazine. Some media sources responded that Diana was getting jealous of the attention Fergie was getting at that point.

by Anonymousreply 241December 20, 2018 4:03 AM

Princess Michael is FABULOUS. Add me to another one of her fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 20, 2018 4:06 AM

Leave Fergie alone! *sob*

by Anonymousreply 243December 20, 2018 4:33 AM

Those pics of Fergie are hilarious. Diana's early photos are a little sad, but once the Vogue stylists overhauled her, there were very few misses.

by Anonymousreply 244December 20, 2018 4:38 AM

I hope so as she is very beloved by The Queen and the wider royal family.

by Anonymousreply 245December 20, 2018 5:48 AM

my above post was in reply to a post about Princess Alexandra

by Anonymousreply 246December 20, 2018 5:48 AM

Peter Philips is delish. Any word on size meat?

by Anonymousreply 247December 20, 2018 6:28 AM

Peter Philips is the handsomer, hunkier, less beaver-toothed version of Prince William.

by Anonymousreply 248December 20, 2018 9:27 AM

Yes, they look as if they could be brothers much more so than William and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 249December 20, 2018 9:50 AM

R215's post could have been about Diana in the 1980s. The difference is, they know how to deal with it now!

Meghan is emphasising the pregnancy because it's all the women's mags are interested in about famous (and particularly royal) women these days. She's regularly on their front pages with speculation about gender and quantity of children.

Harking back to the heels conversation - it's not a big deal to wear high heels when you're young and used to it. Because your ankles have been constantly adjusting your balance ever since you started wearing them in your teens, your muscles are very strong, and your overall balance is really good. You can run in them without really noticing. Admittedly, with a pregnancy where you're growing very fast your balance may be shifting, but it's not like Meghan ever has to walk on uneven surfaces or up and down a lot of stairs without assistance. Crouching down to talk to kids in the crowd would be her most dangerous activity on heels.

by Anonymousreply 250December 20, 2018 9:51 AM

If you look at the pic of her walking into the lunch yesterday, you can see her stilettos are at least two sizes too big (maybe even more since the pic was taken at a distance). Even a person experienced in walking in heels would have difficulty walking in such shoes because they would be focusing on keeping their shoes on. You can tell that is why she hangs on to Harry so in some of their appearances because she is trying to stay upright. I know they say she does this because of her bunions, but couldn't they just get her wider shoes? Or, custom made? It's a small detail, but the fact that she shows up so often is such an oddity. Does no one give her the funds to buy proper shoes? Is she too stubborn to accept help? Is it, as some have said, she's advertising shoes and clothes for profit (although, why wouldn't they give her something that fits if that were the case?). So weird.

by Anonymousreply 251December 20, 2018 10:10 AM

You're right: if the shoes are too big they're dangerous no matter how used to heels you are.

by Anonymousreply 252December 20, 2018 10:47 AM

Imagine telling MEGalomaniac that something does not just PERFECTLY on HER and HER STELLAR body ...

And just imagine Hapless Harry throwing a tantrum because of you having been honest ... "What Meghan wants to wear, Meghan WILL wear!"

Working for this, ahem, 'special' couple must be pure hell.

by Anonymousreply 253December 20, 2018 11:09 AM

*does not fit just ...

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 254December 20, 2018 11:10 AM

R219 The idea that Meghan wants to "modernize" and "revolutionize" the royal family is a media invention.

She has never said such a thing. The only thing she's said is that she wants to work hard.

The press just want to "other" her and make her into some sort of rebel. All the shrieking about protocol!!1 is just media bullshit to get people riled up and rip her to pieces like a pack of hungry hyenas.

by Anonymousreply 255December 20, 2018 11:23 AM

R255 I tend to agree with you. In fact, if Meghan were inclined that way she would have allies in Harry, Kate & William, for sure. In fact I believe once Betty and Phil have left us, Charles himself will start modernizing, or "streamlining" the monarchy. At some point, I don't see the Royals showing up for the opening of an envelope. I do see them continuing to publicly support three areas, The Health & Human services stuff, cultural stuff, and anything that will strengthen the economic engine of the UK. They'll observe certain national holiday traditions too. But those three broad categories will leave them a lot of room to develop areas of importance. Right now, Mental Health and the Environment seem to be the big things. As far as Charles is concerned the Environment will be a huge item. So when he talks about streamlining the monarchy I think he is talking about more than just dumping minor Royals. I think he wants to modernize and revolutionize. I'd bet the younger generation certainly do. Meghan will support whatever the agenda is. She is not a fool.

by Anonymousreply 256December 20, 2018 11:53 AM

She wears stiletto shoes because she feels she looks better, and they’re probably bigger because they’re more comfortable to her. She hasn’t fallen yet and there have been plenty of times she was at an event and wasn’t hanging on to Harry—the one just talked about in this thread, in fact. Kate wore high heels well into her pregnancies; lots of younger women do.

by Anonymousreply 257December 20, 2018 12:11 PM

Mega might "feel" she looks "better" in size 10.5 shoes flopping around under chicken legs, but they look ridiculous. And too-large pointy shoes make bunions worse.

by Anonymousreply 258December 20, 2018 12:19 PM

“Who’ll take the lady with the skinny legs?” ..........Harry, that’s who...

by Anonymousreply 259December 20, 2018 12:56 PM

"Meghan is emphasising the pregnancy because it's all the women's mags are interested in about famous (and particularly royal) women these days. She's regularly on their front pages with speculation about gender and quantity of children."

Exactly. The belly cupping is literally her posing for cover shots: "MEGHAN'S BABY JOY!" It's unseemly for BRF, but she's clever in the way of modern media.

by Anonymousreply 260December 20, 2018 1:22 PM

R174 - Yes, that one is, but she looked great in red and the photo of her in red with the beaded top and pearl choker is not.

Her clothes before the engagement were actually typical of the casual, nanny-ish, but very well-heeled Sloane Rangers who were just waiting for the suitable husband to arrive. One does not advertise that one is an earl's daughter by wearing expensive clothes or lots of jewellery - one is demure, sporty, casual, and one works as a receptionist at places like Sotheby's or Christie's or art galleries or posh nursery schools like the Little England Kindergarten and one carries oneself so that no one would EVER suppose one was an aristo, except of course other aristos - and, after all, that's all that matters, right?

Only women with real jobs (i.e., really need to work for a living) wore the kind of tailored sleek clothes that Diana pointedly didn't at 19 as she went out and about in her pearl necklace, twin sets, flats, little gold earrings and necklace . . . believe us, Diana knew exactly what she was doing.

I do remember when the engagement was announced the comment of Elizabeth Longford, a royal biographer, "She's lovely, isn't she? Marvellous complexion, blue eyes, well-brushed hair . . . "

That's all that mattered, and it worked, didn't it?

by Anonymousreply 261December 20, 2018 2:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 20, 2018 3:25 PM

Rock on, Queenie, for as long as you can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 20, 2018 3:40 PM

There was a time when William was the brother with a beard and Harry was clean shaven. Now, they've switched looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 20, 2018 3:41 PM

R185 - Bitch stole my look but I did it better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 20, 2018 3:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267December 20, 2018 4:20 PM

Meghan is blue collar LA. They have no manners or social/conversational skills. They almost seem to pride themselves on blurting our whatever pops into their heads.

Hilarity will ensue.

by Anonymousreply 268December 20, 2018 4:24 PM

I like Jessica Mulroney's home, and her children are very cute. However it does amaze me how ardently some people seek ATTENTION above all else these days. Enabled by social media now of course, but - was it always this way? Have people always been insatiably hungry for attention, and they just didn't have a platform?

I would SO love to eavesdrop on JM and MM's girl talk.

by Anonymousreply 269December 20, 2018 4:55 PM

The queen has people break in new shoes for her. I’m pretty lefty but that’s one perk of royalty I wouldn’t turn down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 20, 2018 5:24 PM

R269 It's both. There have always been eager attention seekers. Some would become actors or preachers or lawyers anything that involves performing. Most would just babble on endlessly about themselves to their coworkers or wear sequined micro mini dresses to weddings, funerals and graduations. They also grab the microphone and propose to their girlfriends. Social media is a blessing and a curse for these people. They have a platform, but they tend to obsess about their likes and followers and it's never enough.

Some people aren't especially prone to attention seeking but do so for professional purposes. There are people making a lot of money on YouTube, or as influencers. Many of these people would have been happy with a secure job and a pension, if those jobs still existed. Our current economy encourages hustling. I know someone who worked at Adobe and they had some consultant come in and tell the engineers they needed to brand themselves within the company. The coders were having to take time away from coding to work on their brands. These are introverts they don't want to brand themselves.

by Anonymousreply 271December 20, 2018 5:40 PM

[quote] I know someone who worked at Adobe and they had some consultant come in and tell the engineers they needed to brand themselves within the company. The coders were having to take time away from coding to work on their brands. These are introverts they don't want to brand themselves.

The result of this, as I've seen myself, is that the "well known" employees are thought to be more knowledgeable to the bosses.

As a strong introvert myself, I once took great delight in a meeting with executives, in speaking after one such " branded" individual who had gone on and on answering a question about an aspect of the technical focus of our software project. He was oh, so confident and completely and utterly wrong. Which I pointed out after he spoke and then questioned why he hadn't bothered to read any of the specifications of the project he was working on.

by Anonymousreply 272December 20, 2018 5:49 PM

What a nightmare, r271. I hate that corporate culture encourages show pony bs. Just because someone promotes themselves well doesn't mean they actually know anything.

by Anonymousreply 273December 20, 2018 5:51 PM

R273, I have a family member who has come a loooong way by doing that. She’s not any better at her job; just better at promoting herself and brown nosing. She just fails upward.

It’s discouraging.

by Anonymousreply 274December 20, 2018 6:36 PM

I just received my new scarf from Cornelia James today! I mentioned on the last thread that I was ordering one. Right now, I haven't wanted to open it, just yet, since that would mean untying the lovely pink ribbon. It's a pale blue box, with gold lettering, and a crest showing 'By Appointment' to the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 275December 20, 2018 6:39 PM

The Brits are calling Meghan the "Black Duchess."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276December 20, 2018 6:41 PM

R276, nobody calls MEGalomaniac "the black Duchess".

Are you by any chance the Meghan lunatic trying to stir up shit on BRF-related threads by adding something racist to the thread, then complaining about the thread and its comments being oh-so racist?

by Anonymousreply 277December 20, 2018 6:44 PM

Princess Anne in Berlin in 1973. Love that color blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278December 20, 2018 6:50 PM

A very awkward pose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 20, 2018 6:53 PM

Don't you love the Royals who bring their nannies to the Queen's Christmas lunch? The Cambridges and Lord Frederick Windsor nannies can be seen.

Interesting tidbit: Charles came solo because Camilla has a bad cold. Yeah, ok whatever you say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 20, 2018 6:57 PM

Meghan leaving Buckingham Palace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 20, 2018 6:58 PM

How far down the chain of royal family members goes to Sandringham for Christmas? Is it strictly children of the monarch, the grandchildren and greats? Are the Gloucesters and Kents invited? What about their offspring?

by Anonymousreply 282December 20, 2018 7:01 PM

Young Charles and Diana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 20, 2018 7:02 PM

R276 why are you linking to a Wikipedia article on a primarily American phenomenon (one drop rule, has never been a thing in the U.K.) to support your false assertion that the Brits call her The Black Duchess? NOBODY is saying that. You wouldn’t be one of those rabid Meg sugars trying to derail a thread yet again would you?

by Anonymousreply 284December 20, 2018 7:29 PM

I know Margaret’s children go to Sandringham

by Anonymousreply 285December 20, 2018 7:43 PM

Thank you R285; yes, of course they would and should. It was a lapse on my part to have forgotten Lady Sarah Chatto and David Armstrong-Jones. It goes without saying they are as much a part of Lillibet's tight nucleus.

by Anonymousreply 286December 20, 2018 7:56 PM

I looked up last year's DM shots of everyone driving in for the luncheon and it seemed like there were a lot of people there last year who weren't this year. (Aside from Camilla and Eugenie & Jack that is... a good handful of other relatives I don't really know.)

by Anonymousreply 287December 20, 2018 8:09 PM

Let us know how the scarf is once you open R275! I’m living vicariously thorough you!

by Anonymousreply 288December 20, 2018 8:33 PM

Ebay has a beautiful vintage Cornelia James wool scarf that looks very fine, as well as gloves of course, and other bibs and bobs. Very collectible.

by Anonymousreply 289December 20, 2018 8:39 PM

So what do we think is up with Camilla missing these recent family events? As future Consort, she should know how to suck it up, whatever "it" is.

by Anonymousreply 290December 20, 2018 8:43 PM

Who keeps calling the Mulroney children cute? The Mulroney DAUGHTER is adorable, but those twins are creepy looking.

by Anonymousreply 291December 20, 2018 8:50 PM

Agree about the twins, don't know if it's the haircuts or what but just no.

by Anonymousreply 292December 20, 2018 8:51 PM

JM is a fame whore. Made all the worse by involving her kids in the fame whoring.

She's not the only one who does this, but what an ugly way to raise your children.

by Anonymousreply 293December 20, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote]Meghan is blue collar LA. They have no manners or social/conversational skills. They almost seem to pride themselves on blurting our whatever pops into their heads.

I am a "blue collar" woman in L.A. I can assure you that many of us do indeed have manners and social/conversational skills. We hail from many different cultural, linguistic, and racial backgrounds, only a few of which reward "blurting out whatever pops into their heads." Your spurious claim that MeAgain's flaws are due to her supposed "blue collar" affiliation is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 294December 20, 2018 9:01 PM

r277 Yes, they do. A movie version is already in the works with Gugu Mbatha-Raw playing the lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 20, 2018 9:06 PM

R294, I agree. Just because someone is raised in a lower socioeconomic home doesn’t mean they are automatically rude or graceless.

As the Countess LuAnn says “Money can’t buy you class”.

by Anonymousreply 296December 20, 2018 9:09 PM

R294 you know that is a movie about a completely different person who lived a couple of hundred years ago, yes?

NOBODY is calling Merching Megs The Black Duchess. You’re a liar and not a very good one.

by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2018 9:20 PM

Oh dear, someone is frustrated that their most excellent ideas are being rejected. I wonder why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298December 20, 2018 11:13 PM

R294 - I don't know, I can't seem to recall a DM headline saying, "Black Duchess Meghan dazzles in [fill in foreign luxury label name].

Not too euphonius, is it? Too many syllables. No wonder it hasn't appeared . . . anywhere.

Has anyone checked the Welsh, Scottish, and NI papers of record? After all, Scots, Welsh, and NI citizens are Brits, too.

by Anonymousreply 299December 20, 2018 11:20 PM

R298 I can’t believe what constitutes an article. The ending with “TBH the royals better get on board.” Like totes! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 300December 20, 2018 11:39 PM

MEga is frustrated because she is stifled from promoting her brand to her satisfaction. Fucking bitch needs to realize her "brand" is making the monarchy look good, end of. She, pathological narcissist that she is, is NOT the monarchy. She is (in actor parlance) a supporting character--period. So if it doesn't enhance the image of QEII, Charles, William (and by extension Camilla and Kate respectively) and Will's kids then this self-involved commercial diva is not fulfilling her one categorical role. She appears under the misapprehension she gets to share and exult in the glory and stand at the center of the spotlight, that being under the umbrella of the BRF automatically entitles her to actively enhance her own personal celebrity. She simply gives no fucks that famewhoring herself IS NOT HER DAMN JOB.

by Anonymousreply 301December 21, 2018 12:08 AM

R288, I promise I'll return with an update. I want to capture a photo of the beautiful blue box with lovely pink bow, before I finally untie the bow. But it was a rainy, overcast day here today, so the light was never sufficent. The presentation alone was so very satisfying.

The racial comments that have been showing up are making me very nervous. We know that some of the other threads have been deleted because of them, right? For a change of attitude, Meghan's charity cookbook for the Grenfell Fire survivors is nominated as one of the Food finalists for the Andre Simon Food and Drink Book Awards. I'll give her proper credit for helping get that book off the ground.

R275

by Anonymousreply 302December 21, 2018 12:09 AM

I'm also eagerly awaiting the unveiling of the scarf.

by Anonymousreply 303December 21, 2018 12:46 AM

Eugenie and her husband, like Camilla, were said to have missed the lunch due to colds.

The Queen is 92, the Duke of Edinburgh 97... if you think you might have the tiniest hint of maybe possibly might be getting a cold, no way you'd be welcome at that lunch.

by Anonymousreply 304December 21, 2018 1:29 AM

the hate is weird. it's just. weird. the idea that Meghan Markle is the craziest thing to happen to the Royal Family in the last 50 years. Just weird.

by Anonymousreply 305December 21, 2018 1:31 AM

No one has said she is the craziest thing to happen to the Windsors, destructive yes.

by Anonymousreply 306December 21, 2018 1:37 AM

what exactly has she destroyed. what do you think is going to be destroyed? The wife of the spare who ain't even that anymore? what exactly is she destroying?

by Anonymousreply 307December 21, 2018 1:38 AM

I will offer this. The BRF survived Diana and Fergie. But it was a very difficult time for them (and for the two ladies in question). Diana's death put to rest any resentment that could be felt against her, and only made people want to protect her children moving forward. Sarah Ferguson became a permanent pariah because of her toe-sucking adventures, yet we saw, earlier this year, her posing happily with Eugenie and Eugenie's new husband, side by side with Prince Philip in the wedding photos. Time fades some of the worst stings, over time. Age offers some perspective. Meghan will be providing Harry a child, which he clearly wants. And I hope no one has anything nasty to say when that happens, since a young mother shouldn't face criticism (and I'm not a fan). Meghan just is the top news right now. She won't always be the top news for the Royals. It'll all be okay.

by Anonymousreply 308December 21, 2018 1:47 AM

Meghan has one main focus: to maximize her fame and influence. She's been working on that for 15 years. These royal folks are getting in the way.

by Anonymousreply 309December 21, 2018 1:50 AM

The BRF is fine. Meghan will not destroy them. She is a Black American who married a prince who once dressed as a Nazi and then got naked in a Las Vegas Hotel room. Everyone calm the fuck down. Everything is under control.

WASP angst is the most useless angst.

by Anonymousreply 310December 21, 2018 1:52 AM

Those who are alarmed at the potential damage Meghan could wreak on the BRF may be underestimating the resilience of the institution.

by Anonymousreply 311December 21, 2018 1:52 AM

Seriously, r311, it’s like some of these posters don’t know any British history at all...

by Anonymousreply 312December 21, 2018 1:58 AM

Charles is more likely to wreck the institution than Meghan. I kinda hope it survives, but after the Queen that everyone loves and respects ...

by Anonymousreply 313December 21, 2018 2:01 AM

The BRF survived Hurricane Diana, who was married to the direct heir and one of the most famous women of our Age. It will absolutely survive the small rainstorm that is Meghan Markle, married to the 6th in line and dropping.

The BRF - and their grey men, the infamous courtiers - have long standing ways of dealing with those who aim to use, tarnish or harm the image of the monarchy. We've already seen them take beginning steps to staunch further missteps by those who don't understand their role in the scheme of things. The next couple of years will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 314December 21, 2018 2:09 AM

Yes, she is not the problem (and incidentally, she is not actually a problem at all, except for weird racists and people obsessed with bullshit). Charles is the problem. The hell is going to happen when a truly unlikable guy takes the throne.

by Anonymousreply 315December 21, 2018 2:12 AM

The first time I noticed Mega was the pap shot in wellies, in the middle of London, with a Whole Foods bag, and the Palace as perfectly placed backdrop. Haha. If Diana was a hurricane MeMe is a teeny puff of air.

by Anonymousreply 316December 21, 2018 2:14 AM

Even if Meghan were left to do her worst, if her actions are not criminal and sanctioned by the Crown then it'a not likely that the BRF will sustain lasting damage. Dark nail polish and ill fitting clothing are not the thin edge of the wedge that destroys the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 317December 21, 2018 2:17 AM

Chaz wants to cut expenses and slim it all down, that's a good thing that people will approve. The BRF is important to 3/4 of the people, and the Brits will carry on during his brief ascension.

by Anonymousreply 318December 21, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote] WASP angst is the most useless angst.

I may put that on a shirt.

by Anonymousreply 319December 21, 2018 2:56 AM

not a doily, r319?

by Anonymousreply 320December 21, 2018 2:57 AM

New plan. Definitely going with the doily.

by Anonymousreply 321December 21, 2018 2:59 AM

[quote]since a young mother shouldn't face criticism

Where did you come by this frau sentiment?

by Anonymousreply 322December 21, 2018 3:28 AM

[quote] The racial comments that have been showing up are making me very nervous. We know that some of the other threads have been deleted because of them, right?

No, the other threads were deleted because you all are humorless fantatics. How this one has survived is anyone's guess.

by Anonymousreply 323December 21, 2018 3:32 AM

[quote]Dark nail polish and ill fitting clothing are not the thin edge of the wedge that destroys the royal family.

ITA. well put.

lol r319 - r321.

And kindly fuck off r323. Who's humorless here.

by Anonymousreply 324December 21, 2018 3:35 AM

or ya know, don't be racist. that is an option, at least for some.

by Anonymousreply 325December 21, 2018 3:35 AM

R322, I'm an old gay guy (57) and don't have any real experience with human childbirh. I can't imagine what someone could legitimately criticize about a mother with a new-born sprog. I accept the process of human parthenogenesis, but I'd rather not look at the process any more closely.

by Anonymousreply 326December 21, 2018 3:37 AM

We're so glad you stopped by to teach us how to post. And not be racist. Since no one in this thread here has actually been, you know, racist. But keep on keeping on.

by Anonymousreply 327December 21, 2018 3:37 AM

I assumed you meant her parenting can never be criticized, r326. I had no idea you were referring to the birthing process itself. My apologies and carry on.

by Anonymousreply 328December 21, 2018 3:39 AM

Old lady in headscarf story for r303. At an antique fair in St Andrews, Scotland, I became aware of a woman browsing beside me and showing an interest in a 1970s style light up globe. The price was discussed with the stall holder and the sum of £15 agreed. It was when she gave a wave of the hand gesture to one of her male companions, indicating that he should pay and then turned a heel to head off with the other man that I noted the distinctive profile of Princess Margaret, head wrapped in a subtle pastel patterned silk scarf. As she left with her royal protection officers it was no longer rude to stare. She was wearing a quality winter wool coat and her lower leg/s under hosiery were heavily bandaged. This was around 1999, after the 'scalding in the bath' incident and before the series of strokes that retired her from public life. No one seemed surprised by the encounter. There was some speculation in the hall over the likely recipient of the globe. Child of staff member?

by Anonymousreply 329December 21, 2018 3:43 AM

Meghan showed that the monarchy has feet of clay. So much talk about “rules” she breaks (the many wardrobe faux pas, giving opinions on political issues), and what happens? Nothing. Unlike Diana, they can do nothing against her. If anything, Charles is probably taking note - he is rumoured to want to become more politically active, and if he sees he can get away with it, he might. Plus Meghan’s new age yoga bullshit fits perfectly with his love of homeopathy and other such crap.

by Anonymousreply 330December 21, 2018 3:49 AM

that is an awesome story r329

by Anonymousreply 331December 21, 2018 3:52 AM

To the poster with the new scarf: Please post pics when you get them! If it’s not too much trouble. It sounds very pretty, I’m off to google them now.

by Anonymousreply 332December 21, 2018 4:44 AM

[quote] they can do nothing against her.

They already have.

(1) No big apartment in Kensington Palace.

In fact, no space in Kensington Palace.

Actually, no space in London at all.

AND

(2) No big country home with a huge remodel paid by the Queen for the young (?) couple.

Instead a much smaller "cottage" with some light remodeling to undo the separation into 5 apartments.

Oh, and the only official residence is at same cottage.

AND

(3) Separation from staff at Kensington Palace and restructured along with the other "farther down the line of succession" Royals with BP staff.

AND

(4) Letting the world know about the fabricated "wonderful" story told by Sparkle about the tiara selection be exposed as a lie by the release of Tiara Gate story which is run in The Times should there be any doubt that the story is true.

"They" have already done plenty.

by Anonymousreply 333December 21, 2018 5:14 AM

What is the bombshell news regarding MM The Daily Mail is sitting on . Somebody said it here in this thread after Tiaragate .

by Anonymousreply 334December 21, 2018 6:14 AM

I disagree with the poster who said that Charles is living vicariously through MM's non-conforming behaviour because he hopes to do the same. With QE2 on her last legs, this MM drama couldn't have come at a worse time. The internet has exposed the BRF's sleazy ways and outrageous life of luxury in a searing, pitiless light. The last thing they need right now is an American actress who can be seen from outer space as a shallow con artist, especially one with a shady past and an angry, out of control family. Recent developments outlined above show they are taking steps to contain this unfortunate situation before it really blows up.

by Anonymousreply 335December 21, 2018 7:31 AM

(1)She was always destined to be a Fergie, not Diana, based on Harry position in the BRF. She never was going to get Kate’s wardrobe allowance or accommodations comparable to W&K. (2) Let’s face it, she’s not used to luxurious accommodation, so whatever they give her, will already be an improvement. (3) She wouldn’t want a big “state” apartment anyway, it’s clear she prefers celebrity lifestyle, and Soho Farmhouse is more her speed. (4) I doubt she would have wanted to share staff with Kate. She will probably get a small entourage, where most people will be like Jessica Mulroney, i.e. help her make a quick buck rather than tell her to behave.

People here were insisting that long game was always going to go to William and Kate. Meghan doesn’t have many years to try and catch that billionaire. Why bide her time trying to get into Big Lizzie’s good graces, when she can secure her bag, get the hell out of there and enjoy her celebrity status without the restrictions of the royal life?

by Anonymousreply 336December 21, 2018 8:25 AM

I disagree that she wouldn't want a large spread. At the outset, her mouthpiece was claiming that the Sussexes were going to get Apt 1A in KP, Adelaide Cottage, and one other places. Meghan clearly thought she was entitled to something more than Frogmore Cottage. She can spin it however she wants, but the fact is the BRF are publicly putting her in her place.

by Anonymousreply 337December 21, 2018 10:07 AM

Bored to fucking tears. Have fun kids.

by Anonymousreply 338December 21, 2018 10:24 AM

The fact that it's called FROGMORE and not something tea-cosyish like Merry Hall is such a gratifying smack in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 339December 21, 2018 10:26 AM

I wonder if they would have been given the grand apartment and country place if she had behaved differently and her family had kept their mouths shut. Andrew and Edward were given some great residences, though Edward can't afford to heat his place.

by Anonymousreply 340December 21, 2018 10:27 AM

Speaking of names, why did Harry get such terrible ones? Surely the Queen could do better than SusSEX, DUMBarton and KICKEEL?

by Anonymousreply 341December 21, 2018 12:01 PM

One thing that occurs to me, the whole Diana/Fergie debacle was very hot stuff back in the day, but at least the BRF didn't have the internet to contend with. Now we have mobs influencing opinion online. Much more damage to the institution can be done. I think it's too bad SJW stuff has infected discussion of the BRF.

Speaking of internet, can you imagine Diana online? You know she would have had Twitter and Instagram. Probably would have been somewhat restrained, but would, in her fashion, throw subtle shade at Charles and Camilla. I really wonder what would have become of her in general had she lived.

by Anonymousreply 342December 21, 2018 1:13 PM

As far as Charles' treatment of MM, he has to be as supportive as possible. First of all, it's the right and proper thing to do for his hapless son and the son's pregnant wife. Secondly, if he's perceived as treating H and M poorly, he risks undoing whatever goodwill he built back up after the trashing his reputation took during the Diana years. I also agree that he probably likes some of her New-Agey ideas. They probably talk about sustainably sourced organic food and whatnot.

Kate and Will are another matter entirely. To me they so resemble King George and the Queen Mother relative to the Duke of Windsor and Wallis. I wonder if H and M a similar "Cookie" nickname for Kate? "Limpet," perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 343December 21, 2018 1:24 PM

R308 - Meghan Markle is NOT a "young mother". She'll be pushing 38 when her first baby is born and in medical terms, her pregnancy is characterised as "geriatric", as any pregnancy is in a woman 35 or over, especially if it is a first birth.

What people do not understand is that the monarchy is first and foremost an institution that is supposed to represent all the people of Britain, not just the liberal (small "l" so as not to confuse Americans unfamiliar with Britain's political parties, one of which is the Liberal Democrats), the progressives, the chic, the trendy, the London luvvies, and the hip.

The monarchy in order to do this has to remain above politics, and to keep the line between itself and celebrity very clear. It represents stability, and the continuation of tradition and history into a modern present. This is not an easy line to straddle, and the last thing the BRF needs now after the years it took to put the Diana and Fergie scandals behind it, is another limelight seeking narcissist who thinks she is here to fix it and that it should bend to her needs and inclinations.

Her utter refusal to support the British fashion industry, which she indicated almost immediately by only wearing the occasional British made item, was an early indication that she had no understanding of what representing Britain really means - which is the fundamental responsibility of every senior royal. Having her wedding gown designed by a foreign luxury label was the kind of self-seeking sign that she hadn't a clue. Any foreigner coming in would have had the sense to choose a British fashion house to show the people whose taxes are helping to fund her lifestyle that she was there for them and not for herself.

Never mind the Tiara Gate tantrum, the divisions she's already brought into the family, the nasty stories she's leaked to her friend Lainey about the Cambridges, her ridiculous clothing which really do suggest she's merching and using her position to get more financial benefits that she already has, and the way she ditched her pathetic father the moment she began dating royalty . . .

The BRF doesn't need another Diana or another Fergie and it sure as fucking hell didn't need Meghan Markle. It needed someone who understood what it means to enter the institution, take its privileges, and in return realise that she cannot be herself on her own terms.

That's why she's destructive.

by Anonymousreply 344December 21, 2018 2:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 21, 2018 3:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 21, 2018 3:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 21, 2018 3:49 PM

I still think she’s under contract and only married in name and nothing else . She has to fund herself that’s why she’s merching like hell . Sometimes Harry will do an appearance with her . But he has somebody else and I think a male because If it was a female we would have already know .

by Anonymousreply 348December 21, 2018 3:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 21, 2018 3:51 PM

At first I thought she was steamrolling Harry and stealing his thunder. Now I think he's perfectly happy to have her be the "face" of the Sussexes and he can just hide in the background and not have to do half of what he used to do. Your theory is interesting too, R348, but my opinion is that's too complicated and risky for the BRF, but what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 350December 21, 2018 3:56 PM

Hear, hear, R344. It is indeed about tradition and stability. When you think about it, it really doesn't matter the race or background of someone who marries in. What matters is that you understand your position and behave accordingly, with great restraint and dignity, and a sense of duty and service. Which is maybe not always easy or "fun," but then there are a great many compensations.

by Anonymousreply 351December 21, 2018 3:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 21, 2018 3:58 PM

R346, Princess Michael as Mother of the bride and wedding planner. Oh, BOY! Can't wait for this. Do we suppose that, being a historian and very grand, she'll push for an elaborate ceremony steeped in high tradition, pomp and splendor?

by Anonymousreply 353December 21, 2018 4:05 PM

H&M were never going to get that KP apartment. Remember, even W&K only got it after William promised to stay there after Charkes becomes the king. He essentially had to forfeit his claim to Clarence House to get the apartment, and now he will have to make it his residence as the Prince of Wales. It makes sense he and Kate will need the additional state rooms, that’s why they are now overhauling the Glaucesters’ apartment. Why would Harry get it?

by Anonymousreply 354December 21, 2018 4:05 PM

Maybe not breaking news, but I heard the Charles-Diana "Feud" TV series was scrapped. Damn! I was quite looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 355December 21, 2018 4:08 PM

R355 as done by camp queen Ryan Murphy? PASS

by Anonymousreply 356December 21, 2018 4:12 PM

R354, where can you point us to an article or other documentation that shows William had to promise to stay at the KP apartment?

It was my understanding that Charles intends to stay at Clarence House when he becomes king, using BP as an office building and place for official functions, much like the Dutch royals use the palace in Amsterdam or the Spanish royals use the massive royal palace in Madrid. If this comes to pass, then William and Kate won't be living in Clarence House but will remain at BP.

Where did you hear what you heard?

by Anonymousreply 357December 21, 2018 4:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 21, 2018 4:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 21, 2018 4:34 PM

R358 and then quit her job. Good going, moron. I hate when windfalls happen to dumb people. If 40K dumped in my lap, 20 would go right into savings.

by Anonymousreply 360December 21, 2018 4:34 PM

Red haired Maud Windsor, Lord Frederick's oldest daughter, is turning out nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361December 21, 2018 5:00 PM

Lady Louise has braces now so her gap teeth will be fixed soon enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 21, 2018 5:02 PM

Curious George. It looks like he's wondering what all the fuss is about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363December 21, 2018 5:03 PM

R363, I bet George is just starting to really sort it out that things are different with his family.

by Anonymousreply 364December 21, 2018 5:06 PM

St George's Chapel Choir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365December 21, 2018 5:07 PM

Prince Charles was at Dumfries House in Scotland yesterday for a surprise visit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 21, 2018 5:09 PM

A new photo of the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg - Guillaum and Stephanie. She looks more full figured than usual so I wonder if she's finally pregnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 21, 2018 5:11 PM

^ Sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 368December 21, 2018 5:13 PM

Photos and paintings of Victoria and Elizabeth - two long reigning queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 21, 2018 5:15 PM

Here is another book for the very well-adjusted denizens of this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370December 21, 2018 5:18 PM

A rare public kiss between the Queen and Philip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 21, 2018 5:26 PM

Another royal kiss is captured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372December 21, 2018 5:27 PM

My, that Prince Andrew was hearty boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 21, 2018 5:27 PM

Having a spot of tea. It looks like the location is Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 21, 2018 5:29 PM

R362 yes I noticed that in the DM pics. And her hair is less frizzy. There is hope.

by Anonymousreply 375December 21, 2018 5:29 PM

I'm weirdly happy that Louise now has braces. Poor girl deserves to have a nice smile, at least.

And Maude Windsor has apparently inherited her father's odd, neon-green eyes.

I swear, that whole family looks like Hypno Toad:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 21, 2018 5:30 PM

"I can't believe I have to wear this shit in this day and age just because I'm a woman".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377December 21, 2018 5:32 PM

R376, Louise is going to be beautiful. She will play it down, though, being so horsy and tweedy.

by Anonymousreply 378December 21, 2018 5:35 PM

A rare kiss between Diana and the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 21, 2018 5:39 PM

Some photos of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Norfolk home, Anmer Hall, on the Sandringham estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 21, 2018 5:42 PM

[quote]why did Harry get such terrible ones? Surely the Queen could do better than SusSEX, DUMBarton and KICKEEL?

Stupid posts like this are ruining these threads. These are place names in the UK, they've been in use for hundreds of years, nobody cares about your childish interpretation of them. (That last one, by the way, should be "Kilkeel.") If you can't contribute anything less juvenile, please just lurk.

by Anonymousreply 381December 21, 2018 5:58 PM

I like the face of Pippa's cast off ex-bf Thomas Kingston (now fiancee of Lady Gabriella Windsor). However, he does seem to lack vertical stature compared to his future wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382December 21, 2018 6:10 PM

Same pose, different couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 21, 2018 6:16 PM

Harry is fug. Wills isn’t as cute as he used to be but Harry is downright ugly.

by Anonymousreply 384December 21, 2018 6:18 PM

R376 - Maud's eyes are fine compared to her father Freddie. Freddie takes after his mother Marie-Christine (poppy green eyes although the mother's aren't as freaky) while Gabriella resembles her father more (smaller eyes).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385December 21, 2018 6:23 PM

Princess Michael with Frederick and Gabriella. The Princess has beautiful eyes so I don't know why Freddie's look like he's spaced out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 21, 2018 6:25 PM

Some photos of Freddie modeling in his younger day. The older he gets, the stranger his eyes become.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387December 21, 2018 6:27 PM

One of my favorite British royals is the late Prince William of Gloucester. He died in a plane crash. I think he was the most handsome prince.

Interesting fact: he was diagnosed with porphyria, a disease which may have been suffered by King George III and Mary, Queen of Scots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 21, 2018 6:34 PM

Isn't Lord Freddie rumored to be bisexual? Who did he hook up with? What's his body look like? His face is attractive enough.

by Anonymousreply 389December 21, 2018 6:35 PM

William of Gloucester was one handsome prince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390December 21, 2018 6:35 PM

Harry’s given name is “Henry Charles Albert David”.

I’d expect that “Harry” would be more of a nickname for “Harold”, but what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 391December 21, 2018 6:36 PM

William of Gloucester was the Queen's first cousin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392December 21, 2018 6:36 PM

A shirtless William and his Jag. Charles has been photographed doing the same thing on the polo field. Charles named his son after this man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393December 21, 2018 6:38 PM

William is ready for a tennis match.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 21, 2018 6:39 PM

William waterskiing in Japan. He was the original "Action Man|, something Charles imitated later in life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395December 21, 2018 6:40 PM

^ "Action Man"

by Anonymousreply 396December 21, 2018 6:41 PM

William of Gloucester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397December 21, 2018 6:42 PM

An old video of a young Prince William of Gloucester at a fair in Canberra. It was his first public function.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398December 21, 2018 6:43 PM

Using Harry as a nickname for 'Henry' is quite common in good ol' Britannia.

by Anonymousreply 399December 21, 2018 6:45 PM

Beautiful drawing of William when he was three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 21, 2018 6:45 PM

R399 common in the States too

by Anonymousreply 401December 21, 2018 6:47 PM

Lady Louise is a nice looking girl. You never know, she could blossom into looking like a young Marianne Faithfull. Either way, she’ll be fine and there’s an interesting vibe to her.

by Anonymousreply 402December 21, 2018 6:50 PM

Wow, Gloucester is or was quite a beautiful man. So aristocratic in his looks and bearing.

by Anonymousreply 403December 21, 2018 6:52 PM

The current Prince William (Duke of Cambridge) was named in honor or the late Prince William of Gloucester. Charles idolized his older cousin.

by Anonymousreply 404December 21, 2018 6:57 PM

R404 please meet R393

by Anonymousreply 405December 21, 2018 7:01 PM

I had NO idea there was a Prince William of Gloucester. What a hot piece! Damn! That drawing is gorgeous.

R402 I agree. I've always thought she has an "it" factor. I think she will be a late bloomer, and will turn out quite lovely. Glad to see she has her braces now. Surprised they are going with the old school ones. Isn't that outdated? I'm never around kids (thankfully) so, totally out of the loop.

by Anonymousreply 406December 21, 2018 7:02 PM

R406, kids still get metal braces.

Interestingly, no one gets called “brace face” or “metal mouth” anymore. And no one gets called “four eyes” for wearing eyeglasses, either. It’s a new world.

by Anonymousreply 407December 21, 2018 7:15 PM

R399, I know two men named Henry (in New England) and they go by “Hank”.

by Anonymousreply 408December 21, 2018 7:16 PM

[quote]The BRF doesn't need another Diana or another Fergie and it sure as fucking hell didn't need Meghan Markle. It needed someone who understood what it means to enter the institution, take its privileges, and in return realise that she cannot be herself on her own terms.

I want to embroider this and hang it on my wall. Read r344, then re-read again. Great post. I also agree with r343.

BRF troll where you goin' bud? Come back to us.

by Anonymousreply 409December 21, 2018 7:21 PM

Looking forward to the spring wedding at St. George's. Gabriella has style, but Princess Michael...not so much all the time.

This will be a society event for sure. Wonder if the younger royal cousins (Cambridge, Sussex, York) will attend. H&M live right down the road, the baby will have arrived by then I think.

by Anonymousreply 410December 21, 2018 7:23 PM

Hank is more of an American nickname. Hal is more British. Harry is used in both North America and Britain.

Harry as a first name is far more popular in Britain because they pronounce it like "HAR-ree". Most people in America say it "Hairy".

by Anonymousreply 411December 21, 2018 7:23 PM

Lainey is at it again. She posts about the royals and Meghan almost every day now, which isn't a problem in itself but she can't seem to wrap her head around the fact that Royals are NOT CELEBS. She's sees everything about the BRF through a celebrity lens. Today she's crowing about how Meghan is now palling around with Adele, like that's a positive thing for her right now; "see, rich famous celebs love her! she's doing great, ignore the haters!" - smh.

In fact much of the confused coverage of this situation, of royals in general, can be traced to this perplexing tendency. A Head of State (and their family) is not a celebrity. Famous yes, but not a celeb - two different things.

by Anonymousreply 412December 21, 2018 7:28 PM

I'm sure that useless shitbird Lainey imagines herself as royalty-adjacent. She's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 413December 21, 2018 7:36 PM

The Royals have always been celebrities. Queen Elizabeth I would go on a royal progress in her finery so her subjects could look at her and be dazzled.

The idea of royals as stable, down to earth and sedate is new, relative to the age of the monarchy. It's so nobody gets the idea to chop off their heads.

Fuck off if you think you get to decide who the public gawks at. I say, let Kate have her 1960s housewife day dresses and an occasional fab evening gown. Let Meghan swan around tripping over her trousers and cupping her belly is too-tight frocks. As long as they don't try to make laws, I'll enjoy a little giggle at their expense.

by Anonymousreply 414December 21, 2018 7:54 PM

R380, half of those supposed photos of Anmer Hall are NOT Anmer Hall. It isn't that grand - it's much more of a country house in the true sense of the word.

The Pinterest page linked below has some photos of inside Anmer Hall that were taken before W&K took possession an refurbished the place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415December 21, 2018 8:13 PM

“60s housewife day dresses” – perfect description. I for one love the look. I wish Kate would bring back the bouffant.

by Anonymousreply 416December 21, 2018 9:53 PM

R416 she could wear a bouffant, but that wouldn't bring it back anymore than she brought back long sleeved wedding gowns or pantyhose. She isn't a trend setter or a fashion icon. Dianna was very current in her style and conservative enough for a Royal. Kate is just conservative and old fashioned in her dress.

by Anonymousreply 417December 21, 2018 10:31 PM

Actually, her wedding dress began the trend of more modest dresses. Longer lace sleeves were en vogue for a few years after the wedding. (All the better since it ended the strapless wedding dress era.)

by Anonymousreply 418December 21, 2018 10:49 PM

I'm R275, back as I promised. Bear with me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419December 21, 2018 10:55 PM

And again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420December 21, 2018 10:55 PM

Sorry for the crap quality of the photos. It's been a dreary overcast couple of days, and the light has been terrible.

R275

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421December 21, 2018 10:56 PM

Thank you for posting photos, r275. Fellow scarf aficionado, and have been waiting to see it. It’s not what I was expecting; thought it might be a pastel floral number. It’s lovely! The box is, too.

Accidentally became a silk scarf collector. But I only shop at Manhattan thrift shops, Goodwill and the occasional yard sale in the outerlands. I’ve found beautiful pieces over the years. And I wear them! And all the bitches I know are like “I should wear scarves, too!” And I say “Yes you should!” “But I can’t pull it off” and that’s what I used to think, but it doesn’t have to be some big fashion statement, you just throw it on and walk out the door into the world.

Whoops, got carried away.

Wear that beautiful scarf, r275.

by Anonymousreply 422December 22, 2018 12:05 AM

R17 you should really look at the prosthetics available to make someone look pregnant. Like spanx, with padding. Boobs, butt, stomach.

by Anonymousreply 423December 22, 2018 1:04 AM

R417 do some research. Forget the shit that PR people buy, and look at the data. Kate had a huge impact on maternity coats during her pregnancy with Louis. Kate started a trend for long sleeved lace wedding dresses. Kate is a fashion influence bar none, partly BECAUSE she is not trendy or "fashiony". Women like how she looks and take note of the details because they think they can interpret it in their own lives without being pinterest-y or "on trend."

by Anonymousreply 424December 22, 2018 1:35 AM

A lot of Americans think Harry and "marry" are pronounced like "Mary". It is NOT. drives me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 425December 22, 2018 1:40 AM

Agreed, R484. Harry was an eyesore from a baby. Elfin-looking, but in a bad way. Eyes so close together he's practically a cyclops. Needle ski jump nose. Very think lips. William had the horse teeth but he had Diana's bone structure and great eyes, and a presence.

The best Harry every looked was at William's wedding. He looked BUILT, superfit, and it made up for his face. Come to find out half that build was uniform shoulder padding and tailoring.

by Anonymousreply 426December 22, 2018 1:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427December 22, 2018 2:17 AM

I'm not a fan of William's teeth and receding hairline, but there are ways around that. I appreciate all the work he put into his body.

Still thirsty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428December 22, 2018 2:34 AM

I think Harry has a tight little body. If I had the ability, I would do everything in my power to delight him. I suspect that he has limited knowledge of manly pleasures, probably only mutual jerk-offs. I still find him enormously attractive. His voice, in particular, really stokes my interest. Of course, he's off limits, and only fantasy material for me. Not any reason for me to ever comment on his wife.

by Anonymousreply 429December 22, 2018 2:39 AM

They have both done very well to stay tight and fit. William has even done it through fatherhood and severe balding. I guess it helps to (probably) have a nutritionist, chef, personal trainer, and a publicist to keep you mindful of your image.

by Anonymousreply 430December 22, 2018 2:51 AM

Harry could eat jelly rolls for breakfast if he so desired. Andrew seems to. William has to watch his health if he plans to outlive his father.

Darn that longevity gene.

by Anonymousreply 431December 22, 2018 3:04 AM

For anyone in UK channel 5 select (159 on sky ) is having a Queen day starting at midday

by Anonymousreply 432December 22, 2018 8:53 AM

Harry looks slovenly and like he is packing on the pounds. What tight little body in 2018?

by Anonymousreply 433December 22, 2018 11:30 AM

At this point, I don't see any extra pounds on Harry. I think he could certainly eat some jelly donuts before anyone would think him obese. He's a slim lad, and a high energy sort of guy. I know people think that someone like me is some bereft spinster, but I'm actually a grown man who just happens to enjoy reading about the British Royals.

by Anonymousreply 434December 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Has Charles had surgery on his ears?

by Anonymousreply 435December 22, 2018 12:06 PM

One thing William and Harry have is deep and luscious voices, which they inherited from their father, who in turn inherited it from his. Beautiful speaking voices, all four men. It was always a surprise hearing that voice emanate from the geeky young Charles.

The Queen grew up speaking with a true cut-glass posh English accent, and was tutored later on to bring it down to what used to be called "BBC standard" (before it became acceptable to have newscasters with regional accents) so she sounded more like ordinary educated types than someone from another planet. If you contrast her earliest speeches on radio ("I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short . . . " made from South Africa on her 21st birthday) to her later speeches opening Parliament or at Christmas, you can hear the difference.

by Anonymousreply 436December 22, 2018 2:44 PM

^^^she used to pronounce house to rhyme with mice. I always thought it was a result of them living in a bubble with only people who also rhymed house with mice.

by Anonymousreply 437December 22, 2018 2:59 PM

R437 - I think it very likely - the Queen was born in 1926 and was only ten years old when the Abdication occurred, and was then was virtual cocooned in the early war years at Windsor, until she turned 18 and was able to join the war effort (ATS, I think). So it isn't likely she was exposed to anything but those same cut-glass accents from courtiers and her aristo Mum and family.

There aren't too many snippets left of the late Queen Mother speaking, but in those there are you also hear a sweet beautifully modulated, almost musical speaking voice. Along with her enormous blue eyes and peaches and cream complexion, these probably constituted a great deal of her legendary charm, and deflected attention from her think ankles, toothbrush eyebrows (which I rather admired her for not plucking), and crooked teeth.

by Anonymousreply 438December 22, 2018 3:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 22, 2018 3:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 22, 2018 3:23 PM

Chicken shooting pheasant.

by Anonymousreply 441December 22, 2018 3:25 PM

R440 - Oh, they're claiming she never forbade him in the first place, that it was "fake news". Doesn't matter, damage to Harry's image since he hooked up with her is ongoing and seemingly unstoppable - began with the threats to the British press and hasn't stopped. Of course, the arrival of the adorable baby will pour a bit of oil on things for a while.

by Anonymousreply 442December 22, 2018 3:31 PM

That story about Meghan giving Harry “permission” to hunt tells me this is something Harry really wants to do. You have to be careful about taking away your partner’s hobbies and pleasures, it can breed discontent.

by Anonymousreply 443December 22, 2018 3:32 PM

*Damn it all, "thick ankles".

R438

by Anonymousreply 444December 22, 2018 3:36 PM

God, you guys believe anything. As if Meghan would give Harry permission to do anything. He's very much his own man. Jesus. Idiots. Complete and utter idiots.

by Anonymousreply 445December 22, 2018 3:37 PM

R445 - oh do shut your trap. You sound like you're unhinged.

You're also quite hilarious ...Harry is "very much his own man"...oh my sides. That's funny.

People can believe what they want to.

by Anonymousreply 446December 22, 2018 3:40 PM

R446, you remind me of a Trump supporter. You probably are one.

by Anonymousreply 447December 22, 2018 3:43 PM

But R445, I want to believe tabloid stories that reinforce my preconceived opinions about Meghan, namely that she is true evil and will bring about the end of the Royal Family, maybe even the world!

by Anonymousreply 448December 22, 2018 3:44 PM

R447 - that's sad if that's all you have. What in my post at R446 gives you that impression? Can you read or are you just an idiot?

If you're going to insult someone at least make some fucking sense. Some people are just too stupid to post here.

by Anonymousreply 449December 22, 2018 3:47 PM

R448 - too stupid to post here.

Try again and try harder.

by Anonymousreply 450December 22, 2018 3:48 PM

While I realize she is or was tangential to the royal family, what do we think of Cressida Bonas? I was just looking at some pictures of her and she’s so pretty. However she does seem to very affirmatively want to act, so probably wasn’t a good candidate for princess.

by Anonymousreply 451December 22, 2018 4:02 PM

R451 - Cressida was ok but I don't think her bohemian lifestyle would have been a good match. Harry just didn't seem as "into her" as he was with Chelsy.

by Anonymousreply 452December 22, 2018 4:06 PM

Elizabeth and Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453December 22, 2018 4:07 PM

Would Kate have hated Cressida and Harry marriage?

Chelsy and Meghan are both foreign so they could be seen as different, exotic, not as suited for various reasons. But Cressida would have been competition on her own field of play: rich, blank canvas, pretty girl. And Cressida is aristo.

by Anonymousreply 454December 22, 2018 4:13 PM

Three generations, three Queens - Mary and the two Elizabeths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455December 22, 2018 4:14 PM

R454 - Kate doesn't give me the impression that she's the "hating type". She seems even tempered and easy going. I'm sure she has her bad days like the rest of us but I don't think she's jealous of anyone. That's just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 456December 22, 2018 4:17 PM

This is shallow of me (why else would I be here), but I'd have enjoyed the purely visual/aesthetic contrast between Kate and Cressida - blonde and brunette duchesses, rather than two brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 457December 22, 2018 4:17 PM

Good point R454. I believe there might have been some friction, but both ladies too polite to really get into it.

by Anonymousreply 458December 22, 2018 4:19 PM

Harry's his own man? Haha, he is owned by the BRF and cannot function outside of it. He refused to take the officers' examination because it was too difficult for him, so grammy gave him the designation anyway. I never paid much attention to him until he was stumbling around Australia unshaven and busting out of his rumpled clothes. Guy's got some problems.

by Anonymousreply 459December 22, 2018 4:20 PM

A rare photo of the Queen (then Princess Elizabeth) playing games on the royal yacht during the Royal Family's trip to South Africa. She never was as happy and carefree as this. Perhaps it was because she was keeping a secret: Prince Philip was already courting her. Their engagement was announced shortly after this trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 22, 2018 4:26 PM

The Queen is a woman of many talents - she can jump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461December 22, 2018 4:28 PM

She can twirl and dance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462December 22, 2018 4:29 PM

She can balance herself on one leg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463December 22, 2018 4:30 PM

She can sell knick knacks at the market.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464December 22, 2018 4:31 PM

Kate is so easy going that she manages to reel in and land the future king of England? Hardly.

Even if one thinks Kate did not connive to be in the right place at the right time, i.e. St Andrews, certainly after 15 years in and around The Firm she is no longer a political ingenue.

Of the two women, I'd say it was Cressida who didn't seem up for the fight.

by Anonymousreply 465December 22, 2018 4:31 PM

She can yell at the top of her lungs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466December 22, 2018 4:32 PM

Well, damn. Now this is a fucking Queen... Love this outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 22, 2018 4:33 PM

She can hike great distances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468December 22, 2018 4:34 PM

It is a shame that Meghan does not realize the import of the British Royal Family and its traditions. Only someone like myself, who has a deep understanding of such things, deserves inclusion in the family.

by Anonymousreply 469December 22, 2018 4:38 PM

R465 - Kate didn't get her man by being a drama queen. I don't think Will wanted to marry his mother. He wanted a different type of woman for himself.

Kate comes from a STEADY, STABLE AND LOVING family. I think those three words best describe what she brings to William's life. She and the children give him the life he never had with his parents. That's not to say she's a doormat. I think as she's matured in herself and her role, she's gained more confidence. She does let her opinion be known in her own way but she accepts whatever decision is made. She doesn't rock the boat.

by Anonymousreply 470December 22, 2018 4:43 PM

R448 & R469 - you bring nothing of interest or value to this thread. Since all you do is insult people you don't know (very badly I might add), you are blocked.

by Anonymousreply 471December 22, 2018 4:47 PM

She can take photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472December 22, 2018 4:52 PM

R470 Who said anything abut being a drama queen? Nobody was talking about why William married Kate and how wonderful their nuclear family is. Enough with the PR line.

The hypothetical was, how would Kate have handled a Cressida Harry marriage? Every new addition or loss to a family or an office changes the dynamic and all the previous participants have to adjust. How would Kate have handled that kind of competition?

This isn't Kate v Meghan; drama vs stability.

by Anonymousreply 473December 22, 2018 4:57 PM

If you feel the need to announce when you block someone, perhaps you are the drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 474December 22, 2018 5:00 PM

R473 - 1) Kate's family isn't PR. It's real, baby.

2) Who fucking cares about Cressida now? She's old news.

3) Since Harry/Cressida is a non-story, why are you so interested to know how Kate would react?

4) Someone else can indulge you. I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 475December 22, 2018 5:01 PM

Bwahahahahaha. Thanks for that R474.

I enjoyed R448 and R469. Let there be snark.

by Anonymousreply 476December 22, 2018 5:03 PM

Who cares about the queen's scarves, or Lady Louise's braces? I'm guessing, a few people are lightly entertained for a few minutes. If you don't care about Cressida, shut up and let that post pass you by.

It's a gossip thread about the British Royal Family. This isn't exactly breaking news, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 477December 22, 2018 5:09 PM

FWIW, Kate did not want Harry to marry Cressida, because her half-sister is Isabella Calthorpe whom William reportedly wanted to marry when he and Kate broke up.

by Anonymousreply 478December 22, 2018 5:11 PM

I see Meghan’s on here today. On a more positive note, thank you for all those wonderful pictures of HM throughout her life. What a woman. To think that during the Diana years, her popularity with the public actually took a hit. Seems incredible now.

by Anonymousreply 479December 22, 2018 5:14 PM

R479 Do you... REALLY believe Meghan spends her time lurking DL?

by Anonymousreply 480December 22, 2018 5:26 PM

That's why she's up at 5 a.m. She has to keep up with the threads on DL. Kate does it later in the day when the baby's napping :-;

by Anonymousreply 481December 22, 2018 5:31 PM

Anyway back to the subject of the thread...

Polo-playing hunk, the late Prince William of Gloucester. Dig those Elvis sideburns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482December 22, 2018 5:36 PM

Portrait of William of Gloucester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483December 22, 2018 5:37 PM

William with the Queen Mother. Both are gone now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484December 22, 2018 5:39 PM

Some royals reply back with a photo like Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485December 22, 2018 5:42 PM

Bug-eyed Bea is avoiding being photographed with her bug-eyed bf. I wonder why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486December 22, 2018 5:50 PM

Gurls! Play nice here.

I think its good that Harry (possibly) changed his mind and is going to the hunt. Separate interests and activities are healthy in a marriage, Harry shouldn't stop doing something he enjoyed prior to his wedding simply because his mate doesn't like it or participate in it. By same token she shouldn't have to engage in it, if its against her principles. They are grown ups, they can have differing opinions and act accordingly.

When do they all begin to arrive at Sandringham, the rest of the family?

by Anonymousreply 487December 22, 2018 6:01 PM

The Yorks are a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488December 22, 2018 6:03 PM

Hypocrisy thy name is Meghan. Someone else thinks Megsy is a fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489December 22, 2018 6:07 PM

Oh that's lovely r485 Always liked Princess Alexandra

by Anonymousreply 490December 22, 2018 6:07 PM

Gosh r482 He is a bit dishy! Was he considered a heartthrob back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 491December 22, 2018 6:09 PM

R445 - You know, the tabs turned out to be right about their Trouble In Paradise stories about Charles and Diana - long before the broadsheets were willing to print the stuff.

If Harry were his own man, he would have had the balls to warn Meghan not to threaten the British press a year before they were even engaged; he would have told her no one throws a tantrum at the Sovereign over which tiara the Queen is offering her (no one at the Palace has ever denied the story); and he would have warned her not to try to upstage his cousin at her own wedding in mid-October.

No husband screaming "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets!" is his own man. And no one has ever denied that, either, and it appears in the mainstream bio "Charles at Seventy".

by Anonymousreply 492December 22, 2018 6:36 PM

Has the Queen provides homes for any of her grandchildren other than William and Harry?

by Anonymousreply 493December 22, 2018 6:46 PM

Meghan probably doesn't read DL, but on the off-chance that she does, it is important for us to let her know that we are on to her merching-grifting ways. I've emailed (again) the editor of the Daily Mail to alert them of the important work we're doing here!

by Anonymousreply 494December 22, 2018 6:52 PM

No, R480, I’m not as literal-minded as you apparently are. Good lord, lighten up.

That said, I am quite certain Meghan and in fact most if not all famous people have anonymous social media accounts. Why wouldn’t they? Sure would love to know who’s who.

by Anonymousreply 495December 22, 2018 6:57 PM

Was just reading up on Prince William of Gloucester. Sounded like he was a lovely guy.

by Anonymousreply 496December 22, 2018 7:01 PM

R496 You are protecting the monarchy with one DL post at a time. I salute your tireless efforts.

by Anonymousreply 497December 22, 2018 7:32 PM

Going to make a note to myself to send an early Christmas card to one of the royals next year, just to see if I get one back. Whom shall I choose? Maybe HRH Princess Michael!

by Anonymousreply 498December 22, 2018 7:45 PM

The outfits at R488 look fine to me. Eugenie's ensemble looks contemporary and conservative. I like the color blocking in Beatrice's dress but I find the jacket ages her.

Mind you, this is a 2 year old image so whether hit or miss, it was a long time ago.

Besides the horrors that they displayed at Kate and William's wedding, the York girls usually look OK in my book. Of course sometimes they gift us with that Christmas present disaster that Beatrice wore recently. But the consensus on the BRF thread is that it was a rousing success. Oh well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499December 22, 2018 7:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 22, 2018 9:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501December 22, 2018 9:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502December 22, 2018 9:57 PM

WHO is paying for the tsunami of placed stories about the royal family - multiple pieces run per day?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503December 22, 2018 11:25 PM

Looks like Chuck & Cam are in trouble

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504December 22, 2018 11:27 PM

^ BELLY LOL! Well done, R504.

by Anonymousreply 505December 22, 2018 11:46 PM

The conclusion in that article at R500 is silly.

It's a "snub" to Will and Kate because they get to stay in their own nearby house, instead of squeezing in with the other Royals???

More likely a reward for having to have put up with Sparkle and Dim more than the other members of the RF.

As it is, the Cambridges' planned Christmas with Kate's family has been stymied. Letting them at least stay in their own home is only right.

by Anonymousreply 506December 23, 2018 12:36 AM

Why cant other family members, like the Tindalls, or Bea, or Peter and Autumn and their kid - stay at Anmer instead? to free up space at Sandringham. W&K certainly have enough space.

by Anonymousreply 507December 23, 2018 12:42 AM

If necessary I’m sure the local Travelodge could be utilised...

I’m really finding it difficult to have any sympathy for anyone complaining about being squeezed for space at Sandringham.

by Anonymousreply 508December 23, 2018 1:51 AM

The Sandringham estate has somewhere around five other houses/cottages too. I'm sure they all fan out and I doubt anyone is sleeping in a garrett broom closet.

by Anonymousreply 509December 23, 2018 2:04 AM

The Sandringham estate has somewhere around five other houses/cottages too. I'm sure they all fan out and I doubt anyone is sleeping in a garrett broom closet.

by Anonymousreply 510December 23, 2018 2:05 AM

This has become rather tedious. Bring back ghetto Queen Mary!

by Anonymousreply 511December 23, 2018 3:32 AM

Do we think the Prince George will loudly point out all the discrepancies in this when he sees it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512December 23, 2018 4:19 AM

[quote]They are grown ups,

Unfortunately, no, they are not, despite approaching 40.

by Anonymousreply 513December 23, 2018 4:31 AM

K and W have three kids under five. Of course they would want their own private family Christmas morning without houseguests. I read they weren't too happy being forced to have Hazbean last year, as Kate was pregnant. And to be fair, I can't imagine MM would want to stay with them at all, if any of the current media storm is true.

I get that the BRF is a family business but even factory workers get Christmas off.

by Anonymousreply 514December 23, 2018 5:27 AM

K&W were more or less forced by Charles and HM to accept the Markles as Christmas guests at Amner Hall last December in an attempt to get them all to patch things up. It was even then going badly. The Cambridges bit their lips and acquiesced. They did their very best but despite a visit from Charles to smooth things over, the visit was a disaster mainly due to you know who. It's highly unlikely PH and spouse will ever again be received overnight by the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 515December 23, 2018 6:39 AM

I do declare, Sparkle has one weird bump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516December 23, 2018 11:39 AM

While I agree there's probably some tension I do think the media is hyping a non story when it comes to the natural progression of the RF. The Queen is doing less and less and Charles is doing more and more. That's a given. As Charles is ascendant, so too William. He is the heir. And he has a very photogenic family. It is tradition and it is necessity for the "courts" (quaint term) to separate now and Harry and William have always known this. But even so, knowing and reality are two separate things. Harry was never going to disappear from the scene into oblivion. He was never going to be Edward, and He wouldn't want to be Andrew with all Andrew's mess. Harry has been wildly popular for years. Popularity has its compensations when you're not the heir. In the past, the RF has used popularity to promote themselves very effectively. But in terms of perks, no, Harry is not going to get the same perks William gets, but he needs to settle down, if he is in fact being combative , and he needs to discuss with his father, what he may be entitled to. I think the entire Frogmore Cottage thing is very bizarre. One thing Harry can learn from is Andrew. Andrew figured out how to make sure he got everything he could out of his mother as far as estates and titles. So Harry needs to ask himself, WWAD: What would Andrew do? Because in his defense, Harry has been working hard and he has settled down a lot more than any of them had reason to hope. Anyway, that's my take on things right now.

by Anonymousreply 517December 23, 2018 1:05 PM

R503, you're paying for them, with your clicks.

by Anonymousreply 518December 23, 2018 1:16 PM

Harry would do well to emulate Edward. Edward and his wife quietly and quite busily represent the Queen, their children have comparatively normal lives, and the family lives in a kind of comfort most of us can only dream of. They are doing the kind of work that is a credit to the institution and strengthens and reinforces it. But it's hard when you're an emotional fucktard and your wife is an arrogant carpetbagger.

by Anonymousreply 519December 23, 2018 1:44 PM

For all those wondering about a very Sandringham Christmas, the Telegraph provides this guide... the only bits I found new (or interesting) were that the Telegraph contends the Sussexes [italic]are[italic] staying at Anmer and:

V is for… vino. Although not a drunken affair, the royals’ Christmas festivities are quite boozy. Martinis are served before the Christmas Eve dinner, and then Prince Philip is in charge of the after-dinner liqueurs. Christmas Day drinking begins as soon as the royals have returned from church, when the Queen will request a pre-lunch gin and Dubonnet. India pale ale fan Philip will enjoy a beer as others are offered a glass of champagne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520December 23, 2018 1:48 PM

Oh, please. The RF have always been a boozy lot. When George Duke of Clarence was executed by his brother, Edward IV, he asked to be drowned in a huge barrel of Malmsey wine. Edward followed his wishes.

by Anonymousreply 521December 23, 2018 2:03 PM

Princess Anne: More than 180 separate days worked in 2018 Prince Edward: 170+ days Prince Charles: 160+ days Prince Andrew: 140+ days Queen: 120+ days Prince William: 120+ days Prince Harry: 90+ days Duchess of Cambridge: 50+ days Duchess of Sussex: 40+ days Prince Philip: Six engagements

Days worked - from the Telegraph via the Mail

by Anonymousreply 522December 23, 2018 2:06 PM

R522 - Has anyone told the fraus on Celebitchty that their "hit the ground running" MM with her "real work ethic" is at the bottom of the official engagements pile after one year being on the official circuit, including from the engagement announcement? And of their "40+ days" nearly half were on their 16-day tour Down Under?

Oh but we must remember she had an expensive wedding to put together and had to prepare for her tour.

by Anonymousreply 523December 23, 2018 2:23 PM

R519, it's too late for Harry to recede into the background. The RF has no problem exploiting a popular member when it suits them, and Harry has far surpassed Edward from back in the day. I remember Edward's popularity, and his bad press and the Gay rumors, etc. I remember him wanting to do something entirely different with his life. So now, this is what he has, this is what he does.

But the glare of the spotlight, the worldwide popularity, the image of Harry in the military "call of duty"neither crooked or pervy, ." style, all of it designed to create a dashing playful young man. Diana's son. And that distinction would foreclose attempts to push him to the background. It would be seen as the RF dumping on him and raise even more questions. look at how the tabloids are handling the separation of the courts, even though it is a perfectly predictable occurrence.

Whatever you or I might think of Harry, he is seen by the public as someone who has "settled down nicely" and works hard. They love is public personality, so I feel like he ought to be getting the same level of preferment Andrew has gotten, IMO

by Anonymousreply 524December 23, 2018 2:28 PM

“He is seen by the public as someone who has “settled down nicely” and works hard” - That’s just not true r524. He is widely regarded as a lazy, entitled dummy.

by Anonymousreply 525December 23, 2018 2:32 PM

Your assertion that Haz "works hard" is not remotely true. He ponces around approx 8 DAYS A MONTH. The "public" know he's a fuck-up, and the Mega strobe on his rumpled ass does him no favors.

by Anonymousreply 526December 23, 2018 2:50 PM

So R524, you might want to check the engagement count at R522. Edward exceeds everyone in the family except Princess Anne for engagements clocked.

That's the point I am trying to make. It's not a game of Royal Family Idol, which is what you seem to be confusing it with. The job of the royal family is to get out in the world and represent the crown in the life of the nation, from the grandest events to the most mundane. Popularity is irrelevant. It is earned respect that matters. This is what Princess Anne and Prince Edward understand. It is evidently not understood by Prince Andrew or Prince Harry's wife. And if you stake the future of the institution - or your part in it - on simple popularity, you're fucked. Do you reckon George VI was popular like Prince Harry is? Or the Queen Mother? Nope. But they were respected and held in affection. The popular types were Princess Margaret and Edward VIII. Popularity is lethal in that job.

IMO, of course.

by Anonymousreply 527December 23, 2018 3:08 PM

We'll see how that dashing image holds up now it's obvious he's henpecked. First she takes his dignity, then his money. What a sap.

by Anonymousreply 528December 23, 2018 3:14 PM

I think Harry's popularity is waning. Every time there's a story about Harry, the DM commenters always say things like "I've gone right off Harry", and they also mockingly recite the now notorious quote..."What Megan wants, Meghan gets."

Andrew was once popular too. He was much more younger and handsome than Charles, he had served in the military during a war, and his personality was much more fun compared to his stiff brother. His wife didn't have the poise that Charles' wife had, but the public was willing to embrace her as "a breath of fresh air". He did a 360 in 25 years, in spite of being a good father...and being his mother's favorite. He was always going to fade anyway as Charles' heirs grew up,

Harry has one thing in his favor: he has fewer siblings to compete and outshine him. Andrew has to deal with workhorses Anne and Edward. Harry has only William for comparison, and William is just as lazy as he is. Over the past few years, what has been Harry's excuse for doing half as many engagements as his aunt and uncles? He'll probably do even fewer once the baby arrives. Out of sight, out of mind...and his popularity will decrease further.

William and Kate did a good job of hiding their children from the public for the first few years of their lives. For each kid's first few years, there have been two or three new pics a year. I have a feeling that's gong to change with Harry and Meghan. They will probably want the public to "share" their happiness as parents, and we'll probably see pics of the twins on their official social media. They'll probably take them to tons of engagements...in matching outfits, and of course, there will be lots of papped pics of them in nearby parks acting the "perfect" parents.

by Anonymousreply 529December 23, 2018 3:50 PM

What R529 is kinda saying, is, they are likely to pimp out bebesoho(s) for financial benefit, as if they were Tori Spelling or Huma Abedin.

by Anonymousreply 530December 23, 2018 3:59 PM

R529, gonna be harder to do that from Frogpond than from KP.

I really cannot see the marriage lasting, or, if they continue the, I AM JUST LIKE ADELE route, him not stepping out of the RF.

by Anonymousreply 531December 23, 2018 4:01 PM

What Harry needs is a proper job, something to do with passion and purpose. Unless - forgive me if I'm wrong - Invictus is a full time occupation for him? Look at Viscount Linley, Princess Margaret's son, who became a furniture maker and was chairman of Christie's. (Fun fact, Linley's daughter is named Margarita.) His sister Sarah is a painter, and by all accounts a pleasant, unaffected person whom the Queen loves. Funny how Margaret and Tony had the nicest children.

by Anonymousreply 532December 23, 2018 5:31 PM

R517,

[quote] He [Harry] wouldn't want to be Andrew with all Andrew's mess.

Face it, he IS Andrew 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 533December 23, 2018 6:00 PM

I mean, Meghan's options were to become a Duchess or move back to Trump's America. Who the fuck wouldn't?

by Anonymousreply 534December 23, 2018 6:03 PM

Within the last month, Princess Anne was on 2 different overseas trips.

She was in Edmonton for several days.

And not long afterward, she was in Chile.

Also in the last month or so, the Duke of Gloucester was on an official trip to Thailand, during which he visited the cemetery where many of the WWII British POWs were buried after dying while working on building a railroad. The Duke visited the Kwai bridge during that trip.

Unless you read the RF sites listing upcoming or past engagements, it is unlikely you would even hear about these events.

If I was as hard a worker as Princess Anne, I would find the camera loving and hand holding of her nephew and his wife to be extremely irritating and in fact, infuriating.

Whatever shit is coming their way this Yule season, I hope Anne is the one dishing it out.

by Anonymousreply 535December 23, 2018 6:06 PM

She could move back to her stellar lifestyle in Canada r534, I’m sure the Mulroney scarecrow would appreciate the press attention.

by Anonymousreply 536December 23, 2018 6:07 PM

R523 she has only been a duchess since June.

by Anonymousreply 537December 23, 2018 6:13 PM

That’s right. I don’t think it has taken yet...

by Anonymousreply 538December 23, 2018 6:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539December 23, 2018 6:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540December 23, 2018 6:27 PM

Hello, is any there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541December 23, 2018 6:37 PM

The Queen of Scarves with her two youngest, Andrew and Edward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542December 23, 2018 6:37 PM

In R539's link, the video shows that Louise is also there, sitting in the back jump seat and Edward is in the front seat of the car.

by Anonymousreply 543December 23, 2018 6:39 PM

Prince Andrew was pretty full of himself even when he was a small boy. This is the Queen on her bed after giving birth to Prince Edward. Very private photos were leaked to the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544December 23, 2018 6:39 PM

Another scarf, another day. The Queen Mum is standing behind her. It looks like the Badminton Horse Trials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545December 23, 2018 6:41 PM

Dig the bow on Margaret and the paints on Lord Snowden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546December 23, 2018 6:43 PM

If you are in dire need of a good laugh today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547December 23, 2018 6:44 PM

My God, Snowdon had a giant head.

by Anonymousreply 548December 23, 2018 6:55 PM

^ pants

by Anonymousreply 549December 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Elizabeth and Margaret during Christmas at Windsor Castle in 1944. They were putting on a production of “Old Mother Red Riding Boots”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550December 23, 2018 7:12 PM

DM comment - "Wise up....they have to take a dump every day just like everyone else. They are nothing special....unless you want to believe their spin."

by Anonymousreply 551December 23, 2018 7:21 PM

i noted on the royal engagement calendar that Princess Anne routinely does three engagements PER DAY -- the woman is 68 years old and appears quite strong. By comparison, the middle-aged Sussexes seem to be trailing behind.

by Anonymousreply 552December 23, 2018 7:46 PM

Yes, R552 and many of them are not all that "sexy" or apt to be covered by photographers and news crews.

One of the recent ones in Yorkshire that I saw on her calendar was a visit to a furniture manufacturing company that was celebrating 50 years in business.

A leading news story? Hardly. But important to that company, their employees, the families of the employees and the suppliers of the company, etc. People who are contributing to the economy of the UK.

You know, the economy that Sparkles refuses to support by refusing to wear clothes designed by British designers.

by Anonymousreply 553December 23, 2018 8:22 PM

What happens to all the outfits the Queen wears and has worn over the years? All the coats, hats, dresses, etc? Perhaps she recycles some of them, but I don't seem to recall reading too many articles mentioning that she's wearing something she's worn before. Do they all get archived? Given her longevity and the thousands of outfits she's worn, I have to wonder where they all are!

by Anonymousreply 554December 23, 2018 8:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555December 23, 2018 8:46 PM

It was dropped that Meghan's pr firm is paying a monthly retainer to People to publish 10 positive articles a month about the Duchess of Sussex.

My question is, would Prince Charles fund this expenditure? Is there any accountability for monies he allocates or does he give a lump sum to each son's house and they budget as they desire?

by Anonymousreply 556December 23, 2018 9:05 PM

Who did this "dropping" r556? Where did you hear about it?

by Anonymousreply 557December 23, 2018 9:16 PM

R554, I believe it was Tina Brown's bio that said the Queen, Princess Margaret, and other Royals used to dispose of their less-important outfits through posh, discreet consignment shops. No idea if this is still true.

The important ones are saved and sometimes put on display. When I was in London about 20 years ago, the public part of KP had an exhibition of some of the Queen's more well-known outfits, like the ones she wore to her jubilees.

by Anonymousreply 558December 23, 2018 9:22 PM

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the Queen to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee, assuming she's still on the throne in 4 years?

by Anonymousreply 559December 23, 2018 9:27 PM

I love R544's intimate photo. HM looks like my Mom at that age. A simple nightgown, no makeup, and one of her kids keeping her company in bed.

by Anonymousreply 560December 23, 2018 10:15 PM

R554 I very much suspect her dresser and seamstresses do recycle after a fashion. I remember one eagle eyed article noting that one of her evening gowns had been given a lace overlay and different sleeves and voila new gown.

by Anonymousreply 561December 23, 2018 10:23 PM

Andrew was a bit overfed for his age in R544's photo, providing more evidence that he was the pampered, favored one. Charles and Anne were never chunky at that age as I can recall from photos.

by Anonymousreply 562December 23, 2018 10:24 PM

Queen Elizabeth with Prince George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563December 23, 2018 10:40 PM

Queen Elizabeth, Prince George

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564December 23, 2018 10:42 PM

If Prince Edward generates no excitement or very little with his public appearances, it doesn't matter if he is out 60 times in 30 days. If Harry does three appearances a month and he generates crowds and interest and excitement and, most important, attention to a worthy cause, it is worth more from a publicity point of view than Edward.And please don't tell me it's not about PR. It is.

by Anonymousreply 565December 23, 2018 10:47 PM

From Marie Claire magazine, December 23, 2018 via Yahoo! News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566December 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Will also received criticism for skipping Remeberance Day to spend time with friends in Switzerland, right? At least Kate was there.

by Anonymousreply 567December 23, 2018 11:10 PM

I think I might have gone to that exhibit too, R558, or maybe they had more than one with Maj's clothes. My specialty at the time was custom millinery, and they showed her vintage dresses and matching hats, plus film footage of her wearing those things, greeting people, getting on planes, and so on. I was thrilled to have close-up views at a really well done exhibit.

by Anonymousreply 568December 23, 2018 11:18 PM

Apologies if this has been posted here in the threads before but I recently watched an interesting old interview with Anne which included details on the kidnap attempt. I'd only ever heard about the kidnap attempt in passing before so I never knew how serious it was. The rest of the interview with Parkinson is still on youtube too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569December 23, 2018 11:28 PM

I read an article just within the last few weeks about the people who keep track of the Queen's wardrobe.

Supposedly they use a spreadsheet to keep track of each outfit, including every piece, including each piece of jewelry for every appearance.

That way they avoid instances where the Queen wears the exact same outfit more than once.

Looking at that video of her coming out of Church today holding the bubble umbrella with red trim (to go with her outfit). I couldn't help but wonder how many umbrellas she has with different colors of trim. Do they have an umbrella for each outfit just in case? Because how could they have known it would be raining hard enough for her to need an umbrella today? Do they keep a full set of colored umbrellas in each of her locations? Just in case?

And I still want to know if it's true there is a skating rink size vault where all her tiaras and jewelry are stored.

by Anonymousreply 570December 23, 2018 11:41 PM

R566, I believe that the same story was placed with other outlets last week. I saw it multiple times on Yahoo.

There are pro-Nutmeg and anti-Kate stories galore, but also, other pieces about the RF. Might that be a clue in who is funding it all?

On another thread it was stated that her half-sister, father and mother were involved in the PR strategy, so perhaps, not organic, and that several of the celebs she is associated with, including SW, share the same PR agency.

by Anonymousreply 571December 24, 2018 12:16 AM

R570, I know she has a large selection of umbrellas, in various colors. I imagine that, when they're planning her outfits, they just plan to include umbrellas in coordinating colors, since it seems like the chances are always pretty good that she'll be encountering rain. BTW, the supplier of HM's umbrellas is Fulton. I actually ordered an umbrella from them, which was shipped from England to America. And it's a very handsome umbrella, if I say so myself. My friends noticed it when I used it to attend a drizzly Reds game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572December 24, 2018 12:43 AM

Princess Diana & Prince Charles - last Christmas Card as a couple, circa 1991

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573December 24, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote]Whatever you or I might think of Harry, he is seen by the public as someone who has "settled down nicely" and works hard. They love is public personality, so I feel like he ought to be getting the same level of preferment Andrew has gotten, IMO

Harry used to be seen this way, r524. He is still, to a degree; but his image has taken tremendous hits the past few months with these negative Diva stories re him and his wife. Which is a shame, considering how much popularity and good will there was directed at both in the immediate aftermath of their wedding. Goes to show how fleeting it all i. There is still time to turn around the ship imo.

r565 pr is important of course, but that is NOT what the BRF is about at their core. They are -not- celebs. They are famous, but not celebrities. They represent the titular head of their family - the Monarch, who is the Head of State of the UK. You know, the person who has that constitutional role in British government and society.

Royal family members who work publicly for the monarch serve at his/her behest, and at his/her direction and whim. If a new King Charles, or King William for example, decided they didn't want Harry making public appearances on their behalf anymore, they would end it. Perhaps not suddenly, not without careful input from their advisors and comms experts - but end it they may. Popularity, mag covers, and Q ratings be damned. It's always been a SERVICE job.

by Anonymousreply 574December 24, 2018 1:21 AM

i = is in first paragraph, above in r574.

by Anonymousreply 575December 24, 2018 1:23 AM

r565 - and everyone else in the thread - should read r553's succinct post, then re-read it again.

It's about service, and serving the monarch. Not serving one's self.

by Anonymousreply 576December 24, 2018 1:25 AM

Part 11 on standby:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577December 24, 2018 1:41 AM

R576, I've been posting on threads about the Royals for several years now. I'm an American, and I can honestly say, I've learned a great deal, and one has been a great deal of respect. I realize that my perspective makes no sense to a Brit, and I've really tried to understand the British point of view. I'm greatly embarrassed about some of the crap I posted just a few years ago, in ignorance. I know the Queen is the head of the Church of England, as well as Head of State of England, as well as the entire United Kingdom, as well as Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I never discuss the inner workings of British politics, because it's all over my head, and I recognized that, and just stay out of those conversations, although I may ask a very general question about how Brexit is working. You won't hurt my feelings when you correct me. I'll just try better if you do.

by Anonymousreply 578December 24, 2018 1:58 AM

No problem r578. Didn't mean my post to sound as strident at to suppress posters or scare off questions. Feel free to ask whatever you wish, even if tangentially related, we could use a break from the H & M stuff that dominates here. Someone here will usually answer you.

by Anonymousreply 579December 24, 2018 2:24 AM

R579, Thanks, but honestly, I haven't felt that I've been warned off, or anything like that. I try to watch that I stay on topic, as we all should. I get really bored with discussions about the Sussexes, but really enjoy reading about the rest of the BRF. When the Sussexes were allowed their own threads, I'd occasionally post in those, but I try to keep my posts separate. It's evident DL is tired of the Sussexes, so I just accept that. I find everything about the Queen to be absolutely fascinating, so I never get bored.

by Anonymousreply 580December 24, 2018 2:44 AM

Hopefully, the next thread will be more about ALL of the royal family, than a fixation on one or two players. As I said earlier, more of a buffet, than a single entree. Those that disagree are finding themselves less appreciated here, simply because we are bored and inundated with the same stories, conjecture and witless observations. None, to very little being "contributed" is new, it is just constant cud chewing. Beyond tedious. Of course if fresh news is on them, that is legitimate. Otherwise, the MM fans or non fans are strongly encouraged to start their own threads.

by Anonymousreply 581December 24, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]Because how could they have known it would be raining hard enough for her to need an umbrella today?

Do they not have weather apps in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 582December 24, 2018 3:34 AM

LOL R582

The queen only uses the Fulton Birdcage umbrella so it's not really that hard to have a set of all the colors at each residence. Given how often it rains in the UK, they're sure to be used.

by Anonymousreply 583December 24, 2018 3:56 AM

I don't imagine the Queen goes anywhere without an umbrella. It's the UK. It rains. Generally daily.

by Anonymousreply 584December 24, 2018 4:07 AM

I was in London for 9 days in August. I think it rained once, maybe twice. I was very happy about that.

Can someone talk to her Maj about the hours at all the royal tourist traps? Closing at 5 is bull.

by Anonymousreply 585December 24, 2018 4:19 AM

I don't think it rains in the UK daily; on 30yr average, it's more like 150 days/year, and in London 105/year, less than NYC and Washington DC.

by Anonymousreply 586December 24, 2018 5:29 AM

The Queen & her family in doll form, made by American doll artist Martha Thompson, circa 1953.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587December 24, 2018 9:22 AM

Queenie looks like Deborah Kerr.

by Anonymousreply 588December 24, 2018 9:41 AM

Maybe MM saw that doll and used it as her justification for her own bronzer problem.

But, actually, those dolls are beautifully done. I don’t generally like them, but that is good work.

by Anonymousreply 589December 24, 2018 9:51 AM

Except that they don't actually resemble the RF at all. That IS supposed to be Liz, Phil, Chuck and Anne, right? Or is it John, Paul, George and Ringo?

by Anonymousreply 590December 24, 2018 9:56 AM

QEII doesn't look a day over 75 here. Also, she wants Brits to chillax. That piano is fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591December 24, 2018 11:51 AM

There's an old vid on the DM of Meghan singing "Santa Baby" at her high school Christmas recital. As a hater, I must admit it's rather adorable.

by Anonymousreply 592December 24, 2018 1:11 PM

She has a lovely voice. The DM says they were lip synching but I definitely don't think they were. They also screwed up how many years ago that happened so now all the posters are in overload with the "OMG I KNEW SHE WAS 47" comments. Yeah, because they're styling looks really 1980s, numpties.

But anyway, yeah, she has a pretty voice.

by Anonymousreply 593December 24, 2018 1:30 PM

*"their styling", sorry

by Anonymousreply 594December 24, 2018 1:31 PM

Yes, R568, that sounds like the exhibition I saw. I remember the footage of her appearances! Very well done, and our tour guide had the most adorable posh accent.

by Anonymousreply 595December 24, 2018 1:49 PM

What I wonder is, who gave the DM that Christmas recital vid?

by Anonymousreply 596December 24, 2018 2:15 PM

Someone who wanted holiday cash, R596. Any former classmate, parent of, staff member, or even Nutmeg herself, seeing as it cast her in a positive light?

by Anonymousreply 597December 24, 2018 2:16 PM

I read somewhere that HM does indeed have a selection of birdcage umbrellas trimmed in every color. She uses clear ones so everyone can see her.

It rains more in Miami than London. And to r578, that was a refreshingly polite and sweet post. Who knew there were still people with common sense AND manners? Can I just point out though that HM is not queen of England. That isn’t part of her title and hasn’t been in use for several centuries. She is queen of the United Kingdom of which England is one part. Saying queen of England is like saying the US president is President of New York.

by Anonymousreply 598December 24, 2018 2:38 PM

R566 - The Queen would NEVER criticize a simple gf of her grandson. Why should a mere GF do anything? They're not members of the royal family yet. The Queen AVOIDS emotional scenes and doesn't like conflict. That story is pretty unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 599December 24, 2018 3:01 PM

Onto Part 11.

by Anonymousreply 600December 24, 2018 3:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!